[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Movies that teach hard lessons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: ROAD.jpg (142 KB, 600x628) Image search: [Google]
ROAD.jpg
142 KB, 600x628
I threw away all my survival guides and canned goods after seeing this.

Shit was too real, pretty sure if the world is ending I'll just put a gun in my mouth.

Walking Dead and Mad Max are baby tier fairy tale garbage.
>>
>>63075518
>dude we just found a bunker full of all this great shit which was just untouched!
Good movie but christ that was a cop-out in the book and the film.
>>
File: mel entertains the locals.gif (2 MB, 480x202) Image search: [Google]
mel entertains the locals.gif
2 MB, 480x202
This shit wasn't baby tier?

The mutant cannibal slaves in the basement were somehow more realistic than the Walking Dead?

I saw the road at least 3 times waiting to see what the big fucking hype was, and I didn't see it. I still don't understand why it's so fucking acclaimed.

>everyone in the film is a pedestrian lifestyle
>switches back and forth between "everyone is evil" and "lets give that bum all our food"
>DONT TRUST ANYONE, except him, and him, and these people, and these new people we just met on the beach

What the fuck was the lesson of this boring shit? At least Mad Max is entertaining
>>
the road is fucking overrated as shit.

he taught his son fucking nothing.
>>
>>63075596
>The mutant cannibal slaves

There's no indication that the "owners" were mutants and the "slaves" weren't anything but livestock kept in the basement because it's obviously easier to keep the meat from rotting when it's live. Evident when you could see some of them had amputated limbs showing they had been eaten slowly.
>>
It actually teaches that even in the shittiest of situations there will still be good honest white people around who are friendly even if a coon steals from them so why the fuck would you get depressed about it

It's saying that human potential is basically limitless
>>
>>63075518
shut this piece of shit off when his wife 'killed herself' from depression walking outside

what kind of retard lifestyle you live where as soon as the social life and internet turn off you want to kill yourself?
>>
>>63075596
Another 'ow the edge' masterpiece from CorHack McCarthy
>>
>>63075596
It depicted a world that was already dead, with the remaining inhabitants basically just running out the clock.

That's pretty ballsy, although I agree the lighter moments and "happy" ending felt forced.
>>
>>63075596
>What the fuck was the lesson of this boring shit?

At its core, it's a story about struggling to hold onto your own humanity in a shitty situation. Balancing the need for survival with the hope that there's still some good in the world.
>>
>>63075518
>no roasting a decapitated baby over a fire

0/10 worst adaptation in history.
>>
I always thought the family in the end were going to have him for dinner, still do.
>>
>>63075823
They probably did. Tricked his little ass. Carry the fire my ass, they wanted to fuck then eat him. They were raising their own children so that one day they'd be big enough to cut down into multiple meals.
>>
>>63075855
didn't they have a dog too?
>>
File: 1276271001587.jpg (20 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1276271001587.jpg
20 KB, 500x333
>>63075676
>what kind of retard lifestyle you live where as soon as the social life and internet turn off you want to kill yourself?

I guarantee you if the internet permanently went dead and everyone got completely cut off from everyone else, losing access to readily available goods and services, the rule of law and running water and electricity without any chance of society being restored, most of the developed world would lose their collective shits and kill themselves.

Humans are social animals.

Without other humans, we go batshit bonkers.

The very fact that you're here shows you'd rather have some kind of contact than live in complete isolation.
>>
>>63075874
Yeah, find another dog, mate them, eat the puppies, repeat.

In the mean time the dog can alert them to enemies and such while scavenging for scraps on the road. Children could be used as "slaves" building fires and stuff in the traditional family sense until it was meal time for them.
>>
>>63075855
>They were raising their own children so that one day they'd be big enough to cut down into multiple meals.

That's wasteful. They could simply kill their kids now and use any food they would've needed to keep said kids alive, healthy and growing to feed themselves.
>>
>>63075948
Whatever they did you just know they raped that little boy then ate him.
>>
>>63076000
Trips don't lie. Little boy confirmed for being raped then eaten.
>>
>>63076000
Guy Pearce wouldn't do that.

Pretty sure if they were really running out of options and starving, he'd just have them all jump off a cliff together.
>>
File: Star_Wars_Phantom_Menace_poster.jpg (146 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Phantom_Menace_poster.jpg
146 KB, 300x450
>>63075518
My lesson was that it was time to let go of Star Wars
>>
>>63075644

teach what? The world is done
>>
they should have got a better looking boy
>>
File: ExtremelyRare.jpg (232 KB, 499x618) Image search: [Google]
ExtremelyRare.jpg
232 KB, 499x618
>>63075894
>Humans are social animals.

This is the worst meme.

If this were true we wouldn't have our own houses, and we'd eat with strangers every day, and the concept of marriage wouldn't exist.

Humans only socialize for survival, that's it, we're not social because we 'need it' to 'cope'.

Humans have always been a lonely survival species, not a social one.

I think it's the exact opposite, over-socialization is what drives people bonkers. People who feel trapped that they have to socialize 24/7 and can never be alone.

This website isn't socializing, I'm consuming ideas and learning new information (albeit mostly amusement).

If the world ended, I could do the exact same thing reading old books. The fact is, if a robot typed the same shit you did, I'd get the same value from it, whether you were alive or not to 'socialize' is beyond the point.
>>
File: 1389708048828.jpg (40 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1389708048828.jpg
40 KB, 640x426
>>63076817
>being social means you don't have any concept of personal space, territory or private ownership
>>
>tfw you share the board with plebs
post at night they said
>>
>>63076817
We live in houses to keep coons out.
>>
File: mot.jpg (39 KB, 500x137) Image search: [Google]
mot.jpg
39 KB, 500x137
>>63075516
>put a gun in my mouth.
Why wait, Esse? The sooner you remove your useless DNA from humanity's collective genome the better. If you know how to use a gun, which I doubt.
>>
>>63075540
Why? It's quite possible. It was only a means to show how paranoid the father was, that he didn't even want to stay there until the supplies ran out.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.