[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Japan General since the old one is past the bump limit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15
File: yufu_onsen.jpg (150 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
yufu_onsen.jpg
150 KB, 640x480
New Japan General since the old one is past the bump limit

As always, feel free to ask about:
>travelling to Japan
>living in Japan
>teaching in Japan
>how do I become a Yakuza

Also info on prostitution in Japan: http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up>>973906
>>
>>976404

I'm from Scotland and Thinking of moving to Japan. One thing that makes me worry is the weather, is their any place that isn't extremely warm in the summer? I don't mind the cold because I'm used to it really.

Also anyone got any advise for someone wanting to move their, what jobs are easy to go for, how people act to foreigners?
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x400
>>976407
I guess mountain cities and Hokkaido region.
>>
>have A.A
>don't know what I want to do.
Is tefl viable for a long term career. Would Japan require an education/English degree in the future?
>>
How much money should i save up on a 2-3 week trip to japan?
>>
>>976519
i'm heading over for two and a bit weeks in late november and including airfares its going to be at about 3000 AUD

you could do it much cheaper though, thats food included with 600 spending and staying in business hotels

it also includes the airfare and i've noticed that Australia to Japan is marginally cheaper than everywhere else my return ticket was 900 all included
>>
>>976404
>>976243
>It's like Disney; it's geared towards everyone.

Thanks for the info.

>If you don't want to go and think your friends are childish for going, just don't fucking go.

I don't think that, I'm jut trying to find out about something in a destination I don't know. You'll see a lot of that on /trv/. once you've been here a bit it will hopefully bother you less.

Anybody else been the the Studio Ghibli museum?
>>
>>976519
For accommodation + food + bus/train ~= 1000+

If you want to buy souvenirs then you'll need more than 1k
>>
>>976417
is emptying latrines viable for a long term career?

yes, it is.
>>
I feel like I done fucking goofed.

I just got back from an extensive (and expensive) trip to Japan. I expected to enjoy it and have a good time, but be ready to leave when my time was up.

But I absolutely loved it. I'm not even a weeb or anything, I couldn't care less about anime and jpop, but the food, the hiking, the natural beauty, the girls, the friendliness of those who weren't afraid of gaijin... I just had a fucking blast, and that was without even scratching the surface of what the country has to offer. And I know I shouldn't envy my friends that teach English in japan - it's low pay, low social status, dead end work, while I've got a great professional career which earns me respect just by my line of work... but it's not a job I would ever be able to do as a foreigner in Japan, even if I passed the N1. Even if I set my job up as full time work from home, I would never be able to get a visa beyond the 90 day limit.

That feeling when you fall in love with a country that you can never live in and which will never love you back.
>>
>>976564
when i went to japan the first time i wasn't a fan of anime or any of that stuff. The day i got back home I missed it so bad, The convenience stores, streets, crowds, food, shops just fucking everything. I started to get into the culture after that.

If I got a job in Japan in my field(its entirely possible since IT/Computer based areas and English are pretty much the only two places gaijin can get employment) it'd be a dream come true to live in one of those cities. Heck after I finish my degree i'm still going to apply for ALT jobs just for the heck of it.
>>
>>976565

Good luck. I was already casually learning some basic Japanese, but I think I'm going to go balls-deep into it now.

There are very, very few foreigners in my field able to work in Japan. None of them are westerners. I'll probably just have to settle for long vacations, but I'm going to look into alternatives. It's too good of a career to give up having to become a teacher.
>>
>>976564
>it's low pay, low social status, dead end work, while I've got a great professional career which earns me respect just by my line of work

Yes, but can you travel more than a week at a time?

That's one of the problems with careers: They tether you down. I'm not going to go on a big existential speech, but the whole career mind-set kills travel and can kill (like your case) trying to live in another country.

Think about it like this: Fine, ALT jobs are rather dead-end (mostly everywhere, though some places do throw big $$$ at you outside of Japan). But if you save up money working them for a year, then travel the world or a country for a year afterward, maybe moonlighting on the side; is it really that bad? You can work and live in Japan for a year, skip over to Korea for a few days and return on a 90 day tourist visa to explore the country before skimming off to another country--and after you run out of money, you can throw yourself back into Japan for a year of work.
>>
>>976575
>>it's low pay, low social status, dead end work, while I've got a great professional career which earns me respect just by my line of work
>Yes, but can you travel more than a week at a time?

Not knocking ALT jobs, just noting that I'd have to be giving up a lucrative and fulfilling life at home to chase a newfound passion.

That said, yes, my particular line of work lends itself to long vacations or part time work quite well, should I choose to give up a significant portion of the income.
>>
>>976565

I didn't graduate in IT, and work in Japan as an ALT. To extend my time in Japan, I'm considering whether it's worth it to pick up a few online certifications in IT fields over the next year. Would that help me get into the field or would they not care about certifications vs a college degree?
>>
I'm going to Tokyo in June, they arn't any sumo matches during this month but if I go to
Ryogoku how likely am I to see sumos walking around and be able to watch some sumo in a sparring match?
>>
>>976581
I'm not the person to ask, I wouldn't know sorry. I only heard the rumor that IT was also one of the areas people could get work.

Maybe gaijinpot or something might have some useful information?
>>
how do I become a Yakuza
>>
Onsen Monogatari in Tokyo is it worth going? or too touristy I want to experience an onsen and right now I can't afford a top of the range one.
>>
>>976604
It's basically a water park.
>>
>>976596
I went to Ryogoku last month to visit the Edo Tokyo Museum and saw a couple of sumos casually walking at the station. Even if there is no on-going sumo tournament, there is still a lot to see and do in Ryogoku.
>>
>>976581
Experience is more important than a certificate. If you live in Tokyo your best chance would be to contact some headhunters. There is a high turn over rate at the IB's in Tokyo when it comes to IT support and I've had some colleagues who used to be ALTs and landed the job without any certificate and just a little bit of experience... The pay is very low though if you get hired through a vendor though (+/- 4 million).
>>
>>976613
Yeah I plan to the edo museum and to the sumo museum but it would be great to see an actual match, obviously not the match featured in the tournament.
>>
>>976606
So it's not going to be relaxing at all?
>>
>>976575
Not that guy but I would rather be a mindless drone in a factory in Japan than be middle class in my country. Even if my vacations would be shorter in Japan, I would be able to go to some nice place every weekend so the smaller travels add up. Also I don't feel robbed in Japan, the quality of the products and services is much more honest than here where they try to get the most profit possible at the expenses of quality.
>>
>>976565
>>976564

Why does everyone make the point that they're not a Weaboo? It's all too prevalent on the Japan generals. Remember, folks, this entire website was made to talk about Japanese cartoons. No judgements one way or the other.
>>
>>976713
I think it is to let it be clear that they liked Japan for reasons that have nothing to do with anime.
>>
>>976693

You're delusional
>>
My Mom's sister married a Yakuza, but has since divorced him. One of their kids is my age, 20. How I do connect with Uncle and become an Yakuza?
>>
File: UncleFester_01.jpg (27 KB, 448x332) Image search: [Google]
UncleFester_01.jpg
27 KB, 448x332
>>976765
Ask Uncle?
>>
So this summer I'll be in japan for the entire month of July. For the first 2 weeks I have to do school related stuff, but I'll be alone for the next 2.

I plan on using that to explore Tokyo. Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap hostels or that type of thing? Something where I'd be able to socialize a bit? (I'm about at N4 level, not great but I won't be completely lost.) Having a gym or some way for me to exercise would be nice as well, but if not, I could figure something out I'm sure.

I know to go to akihabara for typical weeb shit, but I don't really have anything concrete set up after that. I'm hoping to see a few cool vocaloid related things so suggestions for that would be appreciated, but I'd really like to learn more about the music culture as a whole over there.

My tentative budget for that 2 weeks is around 1200 USD, but I wouldn't mind going over if an irresistible opportunity presents itself. Sorry if this kind of stuff gets asked all the time.
>>
>>976762
I have worked in a factory in Japan before so I know exactly what I'm talking about.

In fact, the those times were probably the happiest period of my life. Perhaps my life sucks here so having a shitty life there was an upgrade but in Japan the streets were clean, the landscape was nice, I didn't had to worry about criminals and all meals were good, even the cheap ones so I would gladly trade my current life for that.
>>
>>976823

When I was penniless and living on the couches of friends, you're damn right I'd have traded that for a manual labor job in Japan in a heartbeat. But now that I'm living like Scrooge McDuck back home, it's not so easy.
>>
>>976713
>>976759
this, no-one wants to be treated like dabido kun
>>
>>976713
Because everyone that likes japan is automatically considered some sort of japanophile or creepy weeb. That's why people mention it, so that others remember that some people like Japan for other reasons too.
>>
>>976822
K's House and Nui. are always recommended, and I'm booked with them at the moment. They're cheap and have great reviews.

Honestly, get out of Tokyo at least for a few days. If all the time you've spent is in Tokyo, you'd do yourself good to leave it even for a day trip. Maybe go to the mountains for a day hike, like Mt. Mitake.

My biggest suggestion: Hit up a few districts and just walk around. Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ikebukuro, Kitazawa, Asakusa, Yanaka. Perhaps ride a train to some random location and just walk around and explore.
>>
Hey guys, not expecting an answer but I'll give it a go:

Anyone know of a really good beginner intensive Nihongo course in Japan? Don't mind where. Would like to go over my summer/their winter for the maximum Visa stay so like, 90ish days. I'm not an idiot expecting to learn heaps but it would be good motivation learning grammatical structures, basic conversation and the like to then go on to learning harder vocab/kanji etc. at home with textbooks and the net.

My current knowledge is basically nothing, just what I learnt from being in Tokyo for two weeks last year (general phrases), hiragana and katakana.

Cheers
>>
>Ninja Restaurant
>Robot Restaurant

Any other off-beat dining establishments in greater Tokyo that /trv/ could recommend?

Also, any kaiju-related things to see?
>>
>>976885
>Anyone know of a really good beginner intensive Nihongo course in Japan?

Don't waste your time and money with beginner study stuff. You're better off learning that on your own in the meantime and then taking intermediate classes to help refine your language skills and get good, structured practice in. You've got 6 months, right? Then get started. If you devote a few hours a day, you'll pass N4 easily.
>>
>>976885
>>976895

Don't listen to this fuck head. I took it in college and tried to do learning on my won after I moved here. My Japanese has gotten better, but after a year I started going to the once a week volunteer class and I was learning more than I ever did on my own.

It makes me annoyed that I didn't do this when I first got here. If you're taking a real intensive multiple times a week you'll learn tons. I know people who came to Japan with no Japanese ability and after a year in one of those intensive classes, they were able to pass N1
>>
>>976883
Oh wow, both look great! Thank you.

For the record the "school related stuff" will be going to the other touristy cities (kyoto, hiroshima etc) and a homestay to but taking a day-trip out to the mountains sounds like it would be a nice change of pace. Thanks for all the suggestions re: stuff to do too!
>>
>>976902
I think he meant that he should start learning the basics BEFORE going to Japan so he can get on more advanced stuff once he is there.
>>
>>976887
If you're into Final Fantasy, there's the Eorzea Cafe.
>>
>>976902
I did say "in the meantime" you illiterate fuck head. What else are they suppose to do for six months between now and when they can travel? Sit on their ass and wish to learn Japanese?

If they start self-studying now, they can be prepared for intermediate classes when they arrive and become conversational quickly. Otherwise they'll be wasting six months and a portion of their trip learning the basic shit right off the bat.
>>
>>976950
>>976902
Look guys thank you both for the replies, no need to be mean to one another. But I don't really have much time to learn Japanese "in the meantime" because I do go to uni and law/commerce double degrees don't leave you with much free time (or free units - otherwise I'd just take Japanese at uni).
>>
>>976956
You don't have thirty minutes a day?

What are you going to do after the three months in Japan? Because if you're not living there or you don't practice everyday, then all that knowledge just dribbles out of your head.
>>
File: Nonbei-Yokocho.jpg (148 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Nonbei-Yokocho.jpg
148 KB, 1200x800
Hey guys I live in Tokyo and start to know the city pretty well.

Ask me anything if you need specific advice.

I'd also like to let a decent guy fuck my Japanese girlfriend, because it turns me on to turn her into a little whore.
>>
>>976960

HA!
>>
>>976960
If you're serious Id be down to go to a happening bar. Been three times so far and they're pretty awesome but the girl I go with isn't down to let me fuck other girls there. In fact the first 2 times we didn't even have sex there.
>>
>>976963
Never been to a happening bar and I don't think I would like it, I'd prefer to do it in private, with someone I at least kind of know.

How do things happen exactly in a happening bar? Do people have sex in front of everyone? How are partner chosen?
>>
>>976965
>How do things happen exactly in a happening bar? Do people have sex in front of everyone?

In the good ones they do, but personally I've only seen actual penetration once outside of the play room and it was a little obscured. The girl kept her dress on and the guy kept his pants on while she rode him. Theres a lot of dick and titty sucking in the main bar and seating area though. Last weekend I went the couple in front of me and on the side of me were both getting their dicks sucked. There was also one lucky guy who got blown by 3 women all at once.

The one I go to is setup with a bar on side of the room, 2 bar tables, a lot of on the floor couches with low tables and one round low table. There are 2 rooms, a play room and a couples room. People from the outside can see in to both rooms, but the couples room is a little more obscured. Females give consent. I was under the impression that in the couples room they only allow one couple in at a time, but when I was in there over the weekend they let in a second and they were having sex right next to us. The play room from what I've seen is mostly couples having sex with each other but occasionally you see a guy with 2 girls or a girl with 2 guys. Condoms are mandatory if you have vaginal or anal sex with anyone besides the person you came with.

Obviously there are always more guys than girls, but the girls that come alone usually end up fucking atleast a couple guys. Couples sometimes swap but not as much. There was one guy who was obviously a little annoyed when his girl was part of the 3 girls blowing the one guy.

Its mostly straight, but one of the staff members is bi and occasionally encourages some gay shit, like dick sucking chicken. I also saw the staff member and a girl blow one guy. But thankfully most of it is straight.

What part of Tokyo are you in?
>>
I went to Japan at the end of November last year. Place is comfy as hell. Didn't see a lot of weebs either (1 or 2 over the course of almost 2 weeks). However, one of the weebs... good lord.

>plane lands
>going through customs at narita airport
>in line
>some school kids on a school holiday in front of us
>overhear one
>fat kid, wearing a Fairy Tail beanie and holding naruto plushie
>"can't wait until we get to the hotel, i'm going to watch so much anime! i hope they have subtitles"
>nigga was 100% serious
>cringe for the rest of the night
>>
>>976969
Mmmmh, doesn't sound like it would work well for us, she's shy as fuck as doesn't drink - and it takes some time for me too to feel comfortable around newcomers.

What I have in mind is to find a decent guy, meet with him once or twice just to get comfortable (some light play / teasing / showing off might happen), and some day dress her pretty and let the guy have her completely, while I wait nearby (ideally in an adjacent room).

I'm in Shibuya, and you?
>>
>>976973
Messaged.
>>
It's fucking great that they have public bidets here I've had the best faps ever with those things spraying warm water into my ass holy shit
>>
>>976984
wtf are you on about lol
>>
Just booked tickets for Electrox Beach Osaka. Hope it doesn't blow balls.

>>976564
>loves the country enough to want to move there and prefer it to your own
You're a full blown weeb. You don't have to like anime to be a weeaboo. Cursing your own existence and wishing that you'd lived in Japan? That's weeaboo.

>>976868
>japanophile or creepy weeb
Literally the same thing.
>>
>>976960
What's she look like you cuckold?
>>
Can anyone confirm if the Japanese are really as xenophobic as people say they are? Do some really hate white people?
>>
>>977090
same as some hate black people in Europe, America etc.

And even if, they most likely won't show their racism opening to you
>>
>>977090

My experience: they are as xenophobic as we think. For every person who'll strike up a conversation in English and make a new friend, there'll be a hundred who will avoid you. But it's just that, avoidance. No slurs, no violence; it's not Selma on the streets of Tokyo. Just enjoy the extra space on the subway when people take every seat but the one next to the gaijin.
>>
File: 1417888364512.png (315 KB, 530x580) Image search: [Google]
1417888364512.png
315 KB, 530x580
>>976960
>>976963
>>976965
>>976969
>>976971
>>976973
>>976975
>>976984
what the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
>>976931
>Eorzea Cafe.
Thanks, checking it out.

Any others, /trv/
>>
>>976975
I hope being rolled and dumped in the gutter by Yakuza is on your bucket list, otherwise this may be a mistake.
>>
File: 13897891201950669782.gif (941 KB, 500x246) Image search: [Google]
13897891201950669782.gif
941 KB, 500x246
>>976960
>>976963
>>976965
>>976969
>>976971
>>976973
>>976975
>>
How do I fuck a Japanese MILF in the onsen?
>>
File: 1331820208164s.jpg (10 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1331820208164s.jpg
10 KB, 250x201
>>976530
Last internal bump. I'd love some feedback from somebody who has been there. DK if the other guy has been, but hie basically quoted the Ghibli webpage so I'm not sure I learned much.
>>
>>977143
Hire one and take her to the onsen.
>>
>>977110
Somethings a little more interesting than another comparison of Nakano Broadway and Akihabara for buying anime goods
>>
>>977143

Wait outside an onsen for a MILF to go in with her daughters.

Enter exactly three minutes after them, pay entrance, get changed in the men's area, then come running out to the old lady in front that an old man fell and broke his hip.

When she goes to call for help, run into the women's area and bar the entrance shut. Take all the clothing you can find and throw it all out the window. Then grease yourself up with coconut oil and dash into the women's bath. The MILF will be scrubbing her daughter's hair, and that's when you pounce.
>>
Going to spend two weeks in Japan during summer. Current plan is to spend four days in tokyo, four days in Kyoto, one or two days in Hiroshima and then going back to tokyo the remaining days. Just looking for some general tips for four boys in their mid twenties and ti know if its an acceptable travel plan.

Cheers
>>
jokesters done derailed this thread
>>
>>977236
This trip is what 90% of tourist do.
>>
>>977090
See
>>976095
>>976097
>>976109
>>
>>977236
4 days in Kyoto is a little long brother, 2 days would be enough I think to visit all the shrine an temples you can handle. If you already booked your hotel for 4 days in kyoto, you can take the bullet train to osaka from kyoto in 30 minutes. Osaka has a lot more night life, and usually slightly less tourists than Kyoto. If you wanna go to some night clubs or anything when you're in kyoto let me know. There are a few around here that waive the 3000 yen cover charge for foreigners and are pretty alright.
>>
>>977236
If you have the cash and would like some of the best cocktails in your life go to Bar High Five in Tokyo absolute God tier Bartender Ueno. I also second only spending 2 days in Kyoto. For me one was really enough.
>>
Anyone been to Nokonoshima or Shikanoshima in Fukuoka? Trying to decide between the two for a date
>>
this >>977294 idiot has no idea whats hes talking about.

ignore him
>>
>>977335
No he's right. If you really try to cram it in you can see pretty much all Kyoto has to offer in 1 day. Its pretty much just shrines and temples with the occasional Geisha spotting if you're lucky. Osaka is the real city.
>>
>>977337
No, hes not.

Theres a shit ton to do in Kyoto so 4 is fine or more if you really want to see it all without rushing.

On top of that, what fucking idiot takes the shinkansen from kyoto to osaka?
even if you did, it isnt going to be 30 minutes. its probably more like 10

take the keihan line. way cheaper and considering the wait for the shinkansen, will take about the same time

and i would say there are just as many if not more tourists or foreigners in general in osaka than in kyoto. if you want a reason its because as he said, there is more to do and osaka is better.

3000 is not some flat rate across clubs, they each have their own rates and deals and specials and shit

>its pretty much just shrines and temples
there is more than that
>occasional geisha spotting
actually considerably rare. maybe if your in gion on weekend nights or something, maybe.
actually no, you wont fucking see geisha

literally everything the two of you are saying is retarded
>>
>>977338
I've been to Kyoto 3 times now, always for only 2 days. The 2nd two times were boring as hell since I'd seen nearly all the sights before. We easily could have seen all the sights in one day but since we went in summer it was hot as balls out so it was split over 2 days.
But every single time I've been I've seen atleast 1 geisha walking the street.

I'm sure Kyoto has clubs, but clubs are always better in the bigger city. Never went clubbing in either since the first two times I was still in high school. Walking around at night though Osaka was much more lively. Shopping is much better in Osaka as well.
>>
File: IMG_0364.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0364.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Going to go out on a limb here... any engineers in here? Just found out I was approved to go on a 6 month bubble assignment from June to December. Tier 1 auto supplier in the Kodama/Honjo area. Everything will be covered by my company so money isn't an issue. My main concern is work/life balance over there. I was told 9-9 was typical for an engineer. Can anyone offer their own experience? Any /fit/izens? Will finding a gym be difficult? And lastly, the aut/o/s. Was told I will need a car - probably what I'm most excited about right now as I want to own something I can't get in the US. Any recommendations for places to find a used car? Might be interested in picking up a R32 GT-R and bringing it back with me.

Nice thread btw. Appreciate all the input. Pic is from the last time I was there for my job. My favorite dish. I think i'll be eating a lot of this.
>>
>>977340
>Kodama/Honjo
Never heard of this area so you might need a car, but if its anywhere near a city it will be a massive waste of money, since the train system is so great and owning a car in Japan is more expensive. Car taxes actually increase as the car gets older to help the auto industry as well keep polluting clunkers off the roads.
>>
>>977338
I'm heading down from Ibaraki to Kyoto, but I'm having trouble finding things to do that are interesting in the area. Most of the information online just suggests Osaka (as the compliment to Tokyo, which I'm too used to by now).

Any advice?

Also debating hitting up Hiroshima for the first time and working my way up, but I hate Okayama and rather not go through there.
>>
File: IMG_0428.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0428.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>977341
From what I can see off google it doesn't look to be very urban. The honjo waseda shinkansen station is 10 minutes from my office and less than an hour from tokyo so I'd definitely take the train when traveling. Sounds like the apartment their placing me in will be out of walking/biking distance though.

Pic is a semi-selfie of me and an old boss of mine. Tried to get fuji in the reflection of this building but couldn't get the angle right.
>>
>>977340
Can't speak for the engineering side, but work is long and typically 6 days a week in Japan. Do expect to be working overtime for free, and don't complain.

There's gyms in Japan, so it depends on where you go. If I was you, I'd switch over to bodyweight training because then you don't have to waste time going back and forth to a gym.

You were told you needed a car? Do you have a driver's license that Japan takes? Used cars are rather weird in Japan because Kei cars are very popular and tend to be far more expensive for their fuel saving and cheaper registry. You might need to pay out the ass for registering your car too because Japan is huge on taxes for vehicles.

To buy used, you can go to used car dealerships, but there's few because Japan doesn't value used stuff and the government enforces people to buy new. You might be better off going to a car auction, but that has a whole series of hurdles to jump over because only a Japanese citizen can buy one--you hire them to buy for you, and then ship it. Import and export taxes can rape you, and of course shipping isn't cheap either--let alone the problems you'll encounter to make the car road legal. If you're going to do this, I'd suggest really making sure you've got the money and you really want that car badly.
>>
>>977342
Hiroshima is far more interesting than Kyoto if you've ever been to any of the other major shrines or temple
>>
>>977346
>Hiroshima is far more interesting than Kyoto
no
>>
File: IMG_0255.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0255.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>977345
Solid advice thanks. Yes I was told by several people in the office that I will need one. The weather is hot in the summer and cold in the winter and if I will be in a suit its just not going to be ideal. I'll have a dedicated "relocation counselor" so there will be assistance but I'm assuming they're going to set me up with some shitty rental car or something. I want to see if I can deviate on this and pick up something unique - even if I don't bring it back. Unfortunately for the US that means 25+ years old.

Pic is a really clean R34 GT-R I saw outside the Nissan headquarters. First one I had seen IRL.
>>
File: 08-nissan-skyline-gtr.jpg (85 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
08-nissan-skyline-gtr.jpg
85 KB, 1000x666
>>977349
If they are going to set you up, let them set you up. Renting a car takes a whole lot of shit off your hands and they'll probably pay for everything.

Buying used and reselling it before you leave means you're bound to lose thousands of dollars in the process between what you lose selling it, registering it, and the gas to run it.

If you do plan on buying, it might be hard to find a clean untouched car. A lot of clean ones are kept clean by the owners and not sold. Before you buy, I suggest speaking with a exporter about your options and how much it'll cost. They probably have a ball-park estimate for you. Maybe even about the car auctions as they can be cheap.

You ever watch Mighty Car Mods? They've done specials from Japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Y97oLjiuA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ptzKKcLpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu6h5IoqkoA

Anyways, if I was going to bring a car back, I'd get a old C10 body like the Skyline 2000GT-R.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSc_T5JqUZ0&feature=youtu.be&t=18m5s
>>
File: IMG_0409.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0409.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>977353
Fantastic thanks for the links. Never watched their shows before but I'll add these to my queue. I have a feeling it's just not going to be worth is as I'd have to bring it into California which brings on a whole other level of smog and shit to get it legal. Maybe if I was still in Michigan I would consider it. I'll look into the process anyways.

Here's a stanced van for no other reason than Japan.
>>
File: 1423700943526.jpg (120 KB, 912x511) Image search: [Google]
1423700943526.jpg
120 KB, 912x511
>>977357
make sure to add itasha for street cred
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.