[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japan General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_5994.jpg (4 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5994.jpg
4 MB, 3456x2304
New Japan General since the old one is past the bump limit

As always, feel free to ask about:
>travelling to Japan
>living in Japan
>teaching in Japan
>how do I become a Yakuza

Also info on prostitution in Japan: http://rockitreports.com/category/sex-in-tokyo/

Please refer to the old thread while it's still up >>969272
>>
Anyone hiked in the "alps"? Looking at the area around Murodo for staying a few nights and perhaps walking from place to place, if possible. Anyone have any experiences from the area?
>>
>>973906
>how do I become a Yakuza

Wat do?
>>
if i get a small tattoo in a visible spot, will i be restricted in most tourist areas in tokyo?
>>
>>973948
no, but you will be restricted in most onsen, unless you get a private one
>>
>>973948
>>973950
Most onsens even let you in if you cover it, which shouldn't be too hard with a small tattoo anyway.
>>
Any ideas/suggestions?

I got a one year scholarship in Sapporo. I can get in the dormitory starting on september 18 but I'm can buy an air ticket almost two weeks before that but they won't pay my expenses during this period.

Since I will be loaded with my luggage I was thinking about staying near Tokyo for these two weeks since there is a lot to see and do there and on 16 I will leave to Sapporo passing through Mito, Oarai and Tomakomai using this http://www.sunflower.co.jp/english/ferry/campaign/story/index.shtml

Since I won't be receiving my scholarships at that moment I was thinking about trying sleeping on internet cafes and couchsurfing (not only for the costs but also for the experience) maybe camp a day or two, but probably I won't have time for that.

Are there non-smoking internet cafes?
Are the common?
What about places where you can leave large luggades? I heard that are becoming less common.
I'm planning to buy a foldable bicycle to use as transport associated with trains and them take it to hokkaido with me. What do you think?
I was thinking about ordering some stuff online to use in Japan. Would it be rude to do it when I'm on someone's house? (like while couchsurfing).
>>
>>973952
I wonder if you can get in with a back pain patch.
>>
can you find a lot of 90s and early 2000s nostalgia in Tokyo?
>>
>>973965
In used shops, but used goods aren't huge in Japan.
>>
Any good flea markets in Tokyo?
>>
>>973998
Yep.
>>
>>974003
tell me ;__;
>>
>>973954
That's what many people do, actually. Just make sure it doesn't come off in the bath.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.