[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going to Budapest next week, has anyone got any travel advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /trv/ - Travel

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: budapest 2016 5.jpg (2 MB, 1600x980) Image search: [Google]
budapest 2016 5.jpg
2 MB, 1600x980
Going to Budapest next week, has anyone got any travel advice on what's good to do or where to go?
>>
Ive Got a budget of about €600 for the week, I like to get to places off the beaten track and away from all the tourists :)
>>
>>1086989
Erzsébet viewpoint
Aquincum museum
Tomb of Gül Baba
Citadel
Graphisoft Park and the neighbouring housing estate of the former Óbuda gas works
Fiumei Úti Cemetary
Miniversum
Szentendre
Margaret island
Budapest Zoo and the Holnemvolt amusement park
the Basilica's tower viewpoint
Veli Bej turkish bath
>>
>>1087015
also, check out >>1086520
>>
>>1086985
>I like to get to places off the beaten track and away from all the tourists :)
Just see all the top sights. Don't be Real Traveler silly. It's spread out. You have a week You'll do it all.
>>
visited last week. beautiful city. its a city best discovered on foot, loads of cool little eateries and bars that dont make it into the guides. do some research on the main neighbourhoods (jewish quarter etc) plan a route and explore.

oh and give the escape rooms a try!
>>
>>1086985
Check out the terror museum.
>>
Budapest is ridiculously cheap. I'm an American student here for the semester.

Be sure to check out some of the cool ruin pubs, like Szimpla. Eat at Bors Gasztrobár.

If you like hot chocolate I can recommend some places.

Take your time to walk around and just explore – and take the public transportation which is INCREDIBLE.

>>1087015
These are all good recommendations, but why Graphisoft Park?

>>1087336
>>1087325
Yes to escape rooms and Terrorháza!
>>
>>1088420
I'm curious, what's so incredible about our public transport system?

>why Graphisoft Park?
it's a really nice IT park imho, and the surroundings are just simply amazing: the huge towers of the gas factory, the leafy turn-of-the-century housing estates nearby and the Danube flowing right behind the area
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.