[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this the only classic figure that ia hard to find? Are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
Why is this the only classic figure that ia hard to find? Are there less of him to a box, or are all of the fucking scalpers hoarding him since he's dead?
>>
Him and Zedmore are 1 per case.
>>
I have repeatedly found Zeddemore. Never an Egon or burnt Stay Puft.
>>
Why are these so fucking expensive? I don't go to Walmart often but these go for $25cdn jesus
>>
File: Ghostbusters 1436584765347imt.jpg (114 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Ghostbusters 1436584765347imt.jpg
114 KB, 1000x750
>>5784104
>Are there less of him to a box

This is whats in the box.
My guess is people who don't want to spend $80 collecting all four will cherry pick one or two. Also hes dead so most people will buy him out of respect / feels.
>>
>>5784295
>Also hes dead so most people will buy him out of respect / feels.
lol holy shit fuck off you sound like one of those fucking table sitting scalpers at the toy shows
>>
>>5784452
He's right though you dumbass.
>>
I've seen all four of them at Walmart, but through rotation because those are the only ones people are buying. I don't like them really, mostly how Ray and Egon look.
>>
>>5784455
no he's not

he's grabbing at straws

nobody gives a fuck
>>
is walmart the only place that carries these?
>>
>>5784464
>immediately jumps to scalping
>not grabbing at straws
Look, I get that you're poor, but you need to get over this paranoia that everyone else is out to rob you. And if you can't afford MSRP, what difference would a scalper make anyway?
>>
>>5784499
I just said that statement sounds like a dumb thing a scalper would tell people to justify asking $7 more than retail.
>>
>>5784295
people want him because he's the best Ghostbuster, not because the actor is dead.
>>
>>5784465
yes, the classics are walmart only.
>>
I like smart comedies. Is Ghost Busters a smart comedy for smart people who enjoy toy collecting?
>>
>>5784540
>best Ghostbuster
>not Peter
>ISHYGDDT
>>
>>5784549
>claiming venkman as anything but worst tier
I'm willing to be one or two of the sjwbusters end up being better than that pos
Worst ghostbuster, and that's including louis, and hands down the worst actor from the original movies.
>>
>>5784555
Wow, why do you hate Garfield so much?
>>
>>5784543
It has a slime monster called Slimer, on the most objective level I can only say no.
>>
>>5784543
The original Ghost Busters isn't even a comedy. It's a bro action movie with horror elements. The 90% of the comedy comes from the bro stereotypes playing out their characters, like Peter being a smartass douche, the rest is mostly coincidental.
>>
>>5784555

Its true your honor. This man is a faggot.
>>
>>5784464
>nobody gives a fuck

You sure do
>>
>>5784604
Actually, Billy Murray got the voice actor who played Venkman on the Real Ghostbusters cartoon fired. This was because Murray 'didn't sound like that' and didn't want 'his' character sounding like Garfield.

Years later they needed a voice for the CGI movie, they cast Murray because, well, that's what Garfield sounds like.

Also, Ernie Hudson lost out on voicing Winston in the cartoon to Arsenio Hall...

Years later
>>
File: 0.gif (909 KB, 600x539) Image search: [Google]
0.gif
909 KB, 600x539
>>5784452

I've never been to a toy show or comic con before, but I hope to some day.

I would just like to go on the record, and say that I hate scalpers as well. If I could screw with one I would, and have in the past.

My scalper local scalper just happens to be a manager at a local toy store. Every time something awesome hits stores it's all gone by day one. I ask the cute cashier girl what happened to all the merch, and she tells me that the manager loads up a cart with all the good stuff / stuff on sale. He rings himself up while using his employee discount card.
He than drives to all the other local stores in the area, and buys them out as well. Called him out on his shit over the phone once. His voice started shacking, and he started to stutter.
>>
>>5784667
>Actually, Billy Murray got the voice actor who played Venkman on the Real Ghostbusters cartoon fired. This was because Murray 'didn't sound like that' and didn't want 'his' character sounding like Garfield.
Man Murray is a total dickhead. The cartoon Venkman's VA did a great job for the character.
>>
>>5785093
but don't you like the ear sodomy of Dave Coulier's versions?
>>
>>5784104
Are the Classic Ghostbusters a Walmart exclusive under the current GB line?
>>
>>5785816

For the thousandth time, YES.
>>
>>5785816
Yes.
>>
>>5785842
I'M SO SORRY I didn't know. I don't have Walmarts around here.
>>
>>5784111
I think the first series was heavy Peter and Ray per case.
>>5784118
I kick myself for not buying the burned stay puft, i saw him when they first put him out and bought the regular one long after he was gone. Though all the stores are sold out of him and Rowan where i am at.

I saw about thirty pieces unveiled at one walmart at around 6 am. I looked at the Egon pieces and noticed a huge problem with almost all of them, I couldnt buy any of them due to crushed, seemingly broken or extremely warped glasses, add onto that the eyes also being misaligned. Just going to suck it up and buy an Egon from the Diamond series cause he seems to be more Egon and human like.
>>
>>5785862

>https://www.google.com/search?q=walmart+ghostbusters&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=walmart+exclusive+ghostbusters+figures

As if a simple Google search couldn't answer your question. That, or the 3~4 Ghostbusters threads we have on /toy/ that already answered your exact same question.

Also, fuck off, tripfag.
>>
>>5785093
Most of the people who came out of SNL in the 80s were assholes. Bill Murray is no exception. Most people bend over backwards to defend him because he is engraved into their childhood memories.
>>
File: venkman sin.png (95 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
venkman sin.png
95 KB, 320x240
>>5784549
>liking Venkfield
>>
File: venkman got his brows done.jpg (151 KB, 1323x982) Image search: [Google]
venkman got his brows done.jpg
151 KB, 1323x982
>>5785093
Lorenzo Music was a one trick pony in the voice acting field. He did Garfield's voice well, but it doesn't work for characters that aren't Garfield cuz Garfield's mouth didn't move when he spoke, unlike his role as Venkman or Ting Ting the Gorilla where he used pretty much the same voice.
>>
>>5785005
You're not supposed to ring yourself up, at least at wal-mart, you can probably report him to the regional manager.
>>
>>5785994
Are you honestly trying to tell me that David Coulier was better?
>>
>>5785862
Fuck you, it's answered multiple times in this thread

>>5784465
>>5784541

See?
>>
>>5785888
>>5786514
Nice. Mistake admitted again. Anyone else want to pile on cuz I got a tripcode??
>>
>>5784104
There are two at my local Wal-mart. The boxes are all pretty smashed up for whatever reason, so I passed on him.
>>
>>5786005
well some people do have actual shit tastes.... like Bill Murray apparently did.
>>
>>5784625
Its a comedy in a horror/action setting.
Look at that cast and tell me its not a comedy.
>>
File: 1467932314215.jpg (398 KB, 1344x812) Image search: [Google]
1467932314215.jpg
398 KB, 1344x812
>>5784104
The new ones are better.
>>
>>5789070
Who is the big lady? looks hot!
>>
>>5789070
lol niggers xD
>>
>>5789070
>Ooga booga where da white wimminz at
>>
File: realgb.png (2 MB, 1681x1170) Image search: [Google]
realgb.png
2 MB, 1681x1170
>>5789070
You are all idiots, the Ghostbuster movie was really a homage to the ORIGINAL Ghostbusters
>>
>>5791161

Ah yes the good ole "mom bought this on accident" VHS I used to own.
>>
>>5789070
I see Dubya's found work since he left office.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.