[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General - This is the line that never ends edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: CYPtiHqUoAANCk4.jpg (86 KB, 599x705) Image search: [Google]
CYPtiHqUoAANCk4.jpg
86 KB, 599x705
Old thread >>5389525

The hits just keep on coming - Yuki just teased Unite Warriors Bruticus.

Sitchin' and bitchn' begin.
>>
File: 1361648366351.gif (799 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
1361648366351.gif
799 KB, 200x189
>shuttle
>vortex even has four rotor blades

SAY IT FUCKING WITH ME

TAKARA WINS AGAIN

YOU CAN'T EVEN ARGUE, IT'S A FUCKING FACT
>>
File: fafafaf.png (302 KB, 599x338) Image search: [Google]
fafafaf.png
302 KB, 599x338
>>5391444
>Yuki just teased Unite Warriors Bruticus.

WHAT?!
>>
File: ohshit.jpg (301 KB, 660x2500) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.jpg
301 KB, 660x2500
>>5391444
HOLY FUCKKKK IM GLAD I WAITED
>>
>>5391444
This one better not be a Takara Mall exclusive. Might buy this.
>>
>>5391444
>4 rotors on Vortex, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY CAN ROTATE WHILE COMBINED!
>Fucking Blast-Off in his original configuration while combined

It's beautiful.
>>
Blast Off having the right alt mode was a given, but I wasn't expecting them to retool Vortex as well. That's pretty neat. Gives me high hopes for Computron not just having Superion's head and chest
>>
File: Skids alt.jpg (293 KB, 800x462) Image search: [Google]
Skids alt.jpg
293 KB, 800x462
And Takara's finally releasing the Skids mold in the Legends line.
>>
File: Skids.jpg (375 KB, 800x712) Image search: [Google]
Skids.jpg
375 KB, 800x712
>>5391502
>>
>>5391502
The pink lines look kinda WFC.
>>
>>5391469
They don't rotate they just added 2 rotors.

glad the geewunners got the shuttle, but be prepared for cartoon accuracy chest
>>
>>5391462
You know it will
>>
>>5391530
>but be prepared for cartoon accuracy chest
why is that such a bad thing?
>>
>>5391552
its ugly, garish purple and brown. Love the toy's silver chest
>>
Re: Liokaiser, the Deszaras/Leozak/Jargua hybrid kind of sucks but fuck it if I'm not buying that shit as soon as any pre-order anywhere goes up. Not going to bother trying to find him in stores
>>
>>5391584
If they scrap shuttle mode and give dez his bot mode plus dragon hawk mode it could be a nice homage
>>
>>5391572
It all depends on what Takara's going for. If they go for toy accuracy, then they'll keep the silver chest.
>>
>>5391588
I am hoping for a Deszaras bot mode, especially since the combi still appears to be Liokaiser and not Deszaras (ala CW Galvatron)
>>
>>5391628
Its nearly been toon accuracy for unite warriors
>>
Let's see if they fixed Brawl.
>>
I'm glad you guys are getting your shuttle.

I was the guy who didn't want to get his hopes ups and everyone had an issue with it. Sorry you had a problem with me for no reason, but I'm glad it worked out.
>>
>>5391444
Watch blast off just have a different nosecone.
>>
god damn i hope he is not a shop exclusive.
>>
File: Combaticons_group.jpg (38 KB, 800x319) Image search: [Google]
Combaticons_group.jpg
38 KB, 800x319
>>5391444
The question is, how will they do Blast Off's visor?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452313150502.jpg (63 KB, 667x547) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452313150502.jpg
63 KB, 667x547
Can anybody verify this?
>>
>>5391700
Verify what? If it's real? Just wait for Toy Fair.
>>
I will be more surprised if people in this thread actually were surprised about that Computron coming out when we kept telling people that it was coming out and we already mentioned what the remolds were and now pictures are starting to surface to prove it. We saw it but not a lot of us actually got to save them and leak them you know.
>>
>>5391572
>its ugly, garish purple and brown
it's just Blast Off's colors man, no big deal

>>5391693
This is a good point. Takara always goes for toon accuracy, but Blast Off's cartoon face is fuckin weird. I'd much rather they color his actual eyes.
The sketch Yuki posted earlier -while not colored- did kinda accentuate the eyes
>>
>>5391444
>Shuttle

Is this ever confirmed
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 625x569) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 625x569
When
>>
>>5391444
I really just want a red Hotspot.
>>
File: citybot combiner.jpg (361 KB, 743x789) Image search: [Google]
citybot combiner.jpg
361 KB, 743x789
>>5391803

Right after the Citybot combiner.
>>
To those who have the PE upgrade kit and a combiner that desperately needs a big gun. The MP-01 rifle fits great in it's grip. The fingers are even in the proper position so the index finger is against the trigger. No trigger discipline though.
>>
File: image.jpg (171 KB, 540x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
171 KB, 540x700
>>5391823
I prefer the minibot combiner
>>
>>5391829
It is canon that micromaster combiners are barely taller than the average transformer, so your choice is legitimate in a way.
>>
File: ToyWorld-9_1423242172.jpg (74 KB, 700x949) Image search: [Google]
ToyWorld-9_1423242172.jpg
74 KB, 700x949
>>5391829
it's actually pretty huge.
>>
>>5391803
>no Piranacon targetmaster

Dropped the ball senpai
>>
File: Warudaros - Combined.jpg (84 KB, 738x1024) Image search: [Google]
Warudaros - Combined.jpg
84 KB, 738x1024
Reminder to always post in the old thread to let people know that you've made a new one.
>>
sup /toy/

any interesting re-releases or new figures from beast wars on the way?
>>
>>5391693
Blast Aff simply has a purple bit above his grey eyes.
>>
Fucking hasbro, should've just released this instead of their lazy attempt.
>>
>>5391868

Throttlebots != Minibots
>>
>>5391924
Yes and no, all throttlebots are minibots, but not vice versa.
>>
>>5391897
Just MP Primal
>>
File: oh damn fuck no.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
oh damn fuck no.png
1 MB, 1280x720
I own all of the hasbro limbs of bruticus but no onslaught, no local shops have him, an ebay seller I follow ran out and now my only chance is a pre-order which is the wave skylynx hits.

What are the chances its the green chest version?

Can I get some of the money back if I just sell vortex and brawl?

I plan to keep swindle and jet blast off for an original combiner
>>
>>5391444
OP literally stopped me in the middle of getting Hasbro's Bruticus.
If I didn't see his thread on the bus, I would have got Bruticus already and loss out on the 4 rotors and shuttle.

Thanks
>>
>>5391980
The second chest is brown, not green

If you sell them now you won't make as much if you wait for them to go out of stock in most places
>>
>>5391986
So I best wait until they run low again, damn, shouldn't of went autistic with them, only expected blast off to get a nice change not vortex as well
>>
Damn the Takara Bruticus sounds better but if it's priced like the other one's idk if I wanna spend the extra money.
>>
>>5392005
I just burned a ton of cash on the US version, so hopefully at the very least it will be a while til this one's available and I can save up and see if it's worth it later on.
>>
>>5391897
>>5391978
Takara announced that 2016 will be the year of Beast Wars, MP Primal is just the beginning. Be on the look out for more!
>>
>>5392005
That's a picture. Nothing "sounds" about it.
>>
>>5392025
>mp rattrap the size of an actual large rat

I just want these animals to be well articulated. Its all I ask for.

Rattrap is my favorite, but I doubt he'll get an mp. I'll be completely happy with just primal and megatron with great articulation in both modes.
>>
>>5392025
Sounds like my wallet's safe for the year then.

I like Beast Wars, not so much as toys.
>>
>>5392052
>I just want these animals to be well articulated. Its all I ask for.

Hm, for me -more than good articulation- I want the animals to be accurate to the CG models, which MP Primal seems to be doing pretty well

>>5392055
How come? is it the aesthetic?
>>
>>5391444
Anyone remember how long it took for takara to post what Grand Galvatron would look like after the silhouette was posted?
>>
>>5392058
Basically yeah, machines have panel lines to help the transforming bits blend in, but with furry little critters it never quite blends as well. Transmetals maybe, but I doubt they'll get that far (and holy god I hated Primal's first Transmetal design)
>>
>>5392058
I mean yeah the accuracy goes without saying even though the animal modes could be a bit goofy at times. I'm just hoping primal isn't in the $100 range. I feel like he will be just because he's the leader. If he's the same size as MP 10 (not accurate or course) then rhinox and Dinobot will probably be huge.
>>
Anyone else expect Takara to remold Lio Kaiser's chest in order to fit in a new legends class Jallguar?
>>
>>5392069
Yeah his TM1 mode felt like that uncle that has a bad haircut for a while and didn't realize it.
>>
>>5392075
Is jallguar even rumored?
>>
>>5392069
>>5392055
I know Transformers toy tech has come a long way since Beast Wars, but I can't imagine how they could make a seamless first-body Primal. It just doesn't seem possible to cover some of his robot mode up.
>>
>>5391451

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I'm only seeing 2 blades there. It looks like they just positioned the 2 blades down and not up for this picture.
>>
>>5392081
Looks like theres the end of one by the tail rotor.
>>
>>5392081
Are you fucking blind?
>>
>>5391451
I really hope this means that they also retooled vortex at least somewhat, so we don't get multiple figures with the same mold
>>
>>5392069
>I hated Primal's first Transmetal design
>>5392076
>his TM1 mode felt like that uncle that has a bad haircut for a while and didn't realize it.

So I'm not the only one after all!

Easily one of the least cool Optimus Designs ever. I think only Beast Machines Prime is dorkier than his TM1 body

Thank fuck we got Optimus Optimus (Who would make a killer MP toy, if he was like Star Saber's size)
>>
>>5392103
Optimal Optimus*

Though Optimus Optimus is a great name
>>
>>5392088

Ah, you're right, I originally thought maybe it was a piece of the heli's back tail fin thingy.

>>5392089

A little. I have fucking terribly shitty vision.

>>5392091

I just completed my CW Bruticus, or will whenever my Onslaught gets here in the mail, so I'm happy with him as is. But I'm glad to see the people waiting are getting something they want.

I just honestly don't want a cartoon colored Bruticus, so I went for the CW. The chestplate is ugly in the cartoon. Just like I went for CW Defensor, the cartoon colored UW version just didn't look as good.
>>
>>5392075
I'd like to see Takara go all out and give us a two new mold center for Liokaiser giving us a proper Jarugar and Leozack. He is a JTF exclusive character afterall
>>
File: 586px-BWtoy-OpOp.jpg (88 KB, 586x599) Image search: [Google]
586px-BWtoy-OpOp.jpg
88 KB, 586x599
>>5392106
>>5392103
The problem with Optimal Optimus is he's not really a transformer.

His transformations are mostly just certain poses without parts actually changing
>>
>>5392114
Honestly that thing looks like shit. I never understood all the love it got.
>>
>>5392114
I'm surprised some 3rd party company hasn't yet given us a new Stylized Optimal Optimus ala Perfect Effect's Leonidas.
>>
>>5392128
He's massive and has a good bot and gorilla mode. The arm panel explosion gimmick was such a stupid idea though.
>>
>>5392133
>3p making things involved with the thing that still pisses off geewunners to this day
That'll be the day.
>>
>>5392135
>has a good bot and gorilla mode
Are we looking at the same pic right now? His only half-decent mode is his land vehicle mode and even that is brought down by the dumb hands just hanging out up front.
>>
>>5392114
>>5392128
His alt modes are shit, but his robot mode design makes up for it, it's so cool!
>>
>>5392139
You're going by looks. I'm going by actually owning the thing at one point.
>>
>>5392162
Oh no, I've owned it and not only is it big, ugly and cumbersome it's also a finicky mess to transform.
>>
>>5392164
Yet you were just complaining about how it looks until now.

I never had trouble with it. The arm panels were the only stupid thing. How did they expect kids to deal with that loading shit?

>ugly
Well that's not really a fact. That's an opinion. Many MANY others think he looks great.
>>
>>5392171
not him but I do not share the love.

trans metal 2 optimus primal was as far as I went before he got too ugly
>>
>>5392128
The vehicle modes are shit, but it's a really fun toy regardless.
>>
>>5392177
>trans metal 2 optimus primal

Oh, Transmetal 2 Primal? you mean the one that doesnt exist?
>>
>>5392194
Sorry, I meant the surfboard one, the one before the third form.

I keep calling it 2 even though its really his first transmetal.
>>
>>5392177
Yeah the First design really was the only really great one. At least until the 10th ani deluxe which looked pretty good but that's mostly because I've always loved the Cybertron Jungle planet aesthetic.
>>
>>5392200
Too bad he had shit bicep curl arms.
>>
>>5392203
Yeah and not enough black on him instead he was mostly grey for some reason. Great head sculpt though and I rather like the brown cybertron colors.
>>
>>5392208
He does have a lot going for him, but those arms are really what got me though. A simple wrist swivel wouldve made it a great figure. The surfboard is really random though.

I loved the megatron. If they gave him a full left arm and at least voyager size id buy it with no questions asked

Their beast mode articulation is perfectly done. That's the standard I want for MP beast era stuff. Fingers crossed.
>>
>>5392215
That T-Rex IS rather emotive. Shame about the butt-key though.
>>
>>5391700
>Can anybody verify this?

Yes, that is definitely an image.
>>
>>5392222
Yeah they couldn't have picked a worse place.
>>
>>5391986

Whats the first chest?
>>
>>5392229
Its plastic grey.

If it was painted silver I'd be happy....but its not.
>>
>>5392136
Didn't some Turd make a couple Animated figures and people got extremely pissed?
>>
>>5392246
I know someone made the 3 main humans and there were also those mario and Luigi transformers that were from animated. Other than that I don't think they've done anything else.
>>
>>5392114
>The problem with Optimal Optimus is he's not really a transformer.

Except it is. Says so right on the package
>>
File: KEK.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KEK.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
>>5392257
>no one has mentioned the transformer movie action figures yet
>>
>>5392248
Yeah, the Mario and Luigi guys. They were from the Allspark Almanac or something I think. People blew up all over the internet because "I already sold all my Animated toys!"

It was pretty funny.
>>
>>5392246
yes, and nobody bought them and they're still sitting instock on BBTS because

A. the fanbase for animated isn't that big compared to G1
and B. even for the people who do like animated they're minor as fuck characters who only cameoed in one episode
>>
>>5392107
I got CW Bruticus because I the silver chest works for me. That said, if I can get the Takara version without mortgaging my house I might, if only to give Blast Off and Vortex to CW Onslaught.
>>
>>5392283
UW Defensor was $150 and a TTM Exclusive. If Bruticus is an exclusive I'd expect the same.

That said, if you haven't bought any Combaticons yet (and you probably shouldn't have considering the Brawl problem) you should be fine.

Those retooled rotors on Vortex give me hope for Brawl's waist.
>>
File: test.jpg (26 KB, 480x338) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
26 KB, 480x338
>ko mp11 variations

How long until we have the pink version I wonder?
>>
Why do Takara and Hasbro do this?

Why do they intentionally give the west inferior products?
>>
>>5392317
>hasbro logic
>"We need to keep cost down since these kids will toss them out in a few months time"
>"Oh but we better keep it safe with throw test because no one can transform these things without having a temper tantrum"
>takara logic
>"THEY'RE ALL MAN CHILDREN QUICK WE MUST CATER TO THE DINOSAURS AND CHARGE THEM PREMIUM FOR IT MWAHAHA"
>"WHO CARES ABOUT DURABILITY LETS ALL MORE FRAGILE PARTS THAT LOOK COOL"

When you look at it this way you're equally fucked.

Big chunky rook is safer than groove with a windshield, clear starscream will shatter before not blast off has been mocked for the final time.
>>
>>5392322
There is no excuse for hamhands, anon.
>>
>>5392316
Is a purple one planned?
>>
>>5392329
my point is hasbro only see's kids, look at cw and rid2015.

Otherwise all transformers would be mp's
>>
>>5392317
Competition, markets, and retailers.

Transformers in the US has no direct competition, and serves as both a collector's toy and a kid's toy. They have to keep prices down to make a profit on the figures being sold to retailers at retailer-set prices.

The concept of size classes being single price points was a retailer thing. Retailers didn't like that companies could price individual units at different prices due to complexity. In Japan, you can sell each toy at an individual price. The west wanted all figures to be in easy to process size classes and price ranges to make it easier to shelf and process. They don't see figures as "Transformers Generations Optimus," they see it as "Toy, Boy's, $15."

Since they're both kid's toys and collector's toys, they have to follow all the west's safety guidelines, which can increase costs or force things to change. For instance, some people think we couldn't get Groove because of his windshield having too much clear plastic (although I'm pretty sure Chromia is comparable,) or that Scrapper didn't have elbows because of US safety standards for big toys.

This also means that they have to do things like sell Combiners with mismatched limbs, like how Superion had to have a car and helicoptor in his ranks because parents wouldn't buy their kids 5 jets.

In Japan, Transformers seem to be in a weird place where Generations isn't a Kid's toy at all, and things like RiD or Prime are totally meant for kids, and there's a lot more competition in both markets. That's why the Arms Micron figures in Japan had the Arms Microns: kids in Japan like Gundam models, so they wanted to appeal to that.

Basically, a lot of compromises get made in the West because Transformers is not a very focused line.

On the bright side, Hasbro has been talking about doing things like starting an initiative with Diamond for distributing to comic stores, and they teased something about an on-demand figure ordering system a while back.
>>
>>5392322

Eh, the only thing Takara has made that's stupid fragile looking is Ghost Starscream, and I'm not too fond of UW Longhaul's accordion elbows.
>>
>>5392317
They're not giving inferior products to the West, they're just offering a more expensive alternative to Japan.

Most of the Transformers you'll find in Japan are exactly the same you'll find at your local Walmart. The "japanese versions" like people like to call them are simply more expensive alternatives for an older public, mostly collectors, and they represent only a tiny amount of the Transformers figures sold there.
>>
>>5392317
1. The market here in the west is massive and expansive in comparison to the Japan. Print runs here are both higher and are required to be made. Places like Target, Walmart, TRUs etc want large bulk orders which lead to needing to make a product that will sell in the hundred thousands mark or higher.

2. As such The collector market is much more unstable in the west. Most of West coast USA Scalpers and dedicated adult collectors are a weird folk tale where as I know in the mid east they are the norm. You also have issue of unpredictability, some fans wont buy a set because they are so poor with their lives/cash they cant handle it. There are also issues that a lot of adult collectors "grow out of it" and are no longer a market to target. A big reason Japan did UWs as box sets is thanks to the fact that the adult collector market there is way more stable and they understand how to cater to that market.

3. Hasbro while giving nods to the fans is still trying to feed and make the next generation of fans. If you actually grew up with G1 you are over/nearing your 40s. G2 and Beast Wars? You are hitting 30s. Meaning that many 20 somethings out there grew up with Armada and the like and here soon Animated will be the series that the 20 somethings new. You can't keep pushing the exact same market for 30+ years and not suffer stagnation MOTU really hit that during their attempt t the 2003 reboot which I argue was too much like the original series.

tldr: Hasbro has to make toys in a market of 300 million+ Walmart Shoppers. Takara has 100 million or less Mitsukoshi mall shoppers.
>>
>>5392346
Pretty much this.
Two different markets, with different prices, in Japan.

So how come Hasbro doesn't make collector grade toys like Bandai and Takara? Even their exclusives for clubs and conventions are made exactly the same as their mass market toys.
>>
>>5392353
This is a fair question.
>>
>>5392353
that's what the mp line is for.

The hasbro versions I mean, though here in Australia we've been getting straight up imports with translated manuals such as g2 bumblebee and sideswipe with road rage coming too.

By translated the guy doing it is cutting out all the takara backstory and focusing on g1, in roadrage's case its just mentioning the one shot on the g1 artwork since that is all she has.

We even got UW superion but at the prices on offer no one is going to touch it, clearly pushing people to the CW versions
>>
>>5392353
To be honest, the western collectors, with a few exceptions, are cheap as fuck. Westerners want high end stuff but they want to pay a retarded low price for it.
>>
Is there a fix for MP-10's horrible leg panels? They don't fit together at all.
>>
>>5392374
Hasbro or takara version?
>>
>>5392369
>western collectors don't want to be overcharged

is this somehow a problem...?
>>
>>5392377
>overcharged
See? This is the problem.
>>
>>5392376
Hasbro Asia
>>
>>5392377
Being retarded is somehow a problem.
>>
>>5392369
>>5392377
In Australia they want $400aud for imported unite warriors superion sets.

Is this the future we want?

Because the g2 won't go anywhere near that high
>>
>>5392353
>Hasbro doesn't make collector grade toys like Bandai and Takara?
see
>>5392369
and add to it the fact they want to be able to pick up their products at walmarts and shit.
They hate specialty stores or having to shop online.
It's worth noting that Hasbro has tried several times to cater to a collector market in the last 20+ years but it keeps failing due to either no one wanting to pay the cost or willingness to buy online.
>>
>>5392353
They do in Asia
>>
>>5392388
What are you, a poorfag? Ugh, fucking w*sterners
>>
File: test.png (76 KB, 936x555) Image search: [Google]
test.png
76 KB, 936x555
>>5392392
No, I'm just not retarded enough for that when I can get it directly from the source.

$192.47aud after ems shipping.

HLJ treats me good especially with combined shipping.

Toys R Us rapes your wallet because its an imported box they opened to put translated manuals
>>
>>5392390
There are a lot of western collectors toylines that do just fine, though.

The only thing Hasbro really does is the Platinum sets which almost always shelfwarm because they're hot garbage
>>
>>5392317
Hasbro has to bow to Walmart's whims, Takara doesn't.
>>
>>5391502
>>5391509
Shame it's a shit mold. Could have done a proper G2 colors Jhiaxus instead.
>>
>>5392405
>Could have done a proper G2 colors Jhiaxus

Takara'll probably get to that sooner or later.
>>
>>5392410
>takara will get around to releasing a comics-accurate version of a British comic book character

ok
>>
>>5392416
they done king grimlock and g2 sideswipe remember?
>>
>>5392400

Pfft, they've been winning since Superion, and it looks like that lead won't be changing anytime soon.
>>
>>5392416
They're painting Skids to look more like he does in that awful comic so...
>>
>go to TFW to see the response to UW Bruticus
>almost everyone is happy
>there are still those who piss on those who wanted the UW version
They're the problem with the fandom.
>>
>>5392435
So what are their arguments about why they shouldn't get the UW?

Literally MUH MURRICA or do they have relative arguments?
>>
>>5392441
That and the usual, "I don't like that these people get to be happy, if I'm not happy, nobody is" attitude.
>>
>>5392416
>>5392419
And Straxus.

The G2 comic series wasn't exclusively UK, either.
>>
File: Hasbro Hot Toys quality.jpg (65 KB, 960x636) Image search: [Google]
Hasbro Hot Toys quality.jpg
65 KB, 960x636
>>5392390
>>5392369
>and add to it the fact they want to be able to pick up their products at walmarts and shit.
>They hate specialty stores or having to shop online.
This isn't true at all.

Various kickstarters have shown they like high quality figures.
The collector's market has actually grown a lot in the past couple of years, so much that collector companies like NECA are becoming mainstream.
Companies like DC Direct have expanded from just making articulated replicas to fully jointed figures while maintaining high quality.

It only shows there's a large base of collectors who are willing to put their money out, which is why third party stuff has become so popular.

So why isn't Hasbro trying to capture some of that market? They already produce high end sculpts and use mostly quality plastics... but i really don't know shit on this pertaining to TFs, because i really don't care about TFs beyond a few designs.
Still, i'd pay the ~$3 more to get better paint apps with better QC on their figures over the normal stuff. More joints would be another five bucks.

They really should make a Premium subline for all their stuff.
>>
File: oh how it pains me to do this.png (496 KB, 736x404) Image search: [Google]
oh how it pains me to do this.png
496 KB, 736x404
>>5392449
>They really should make a Premium subline for all their stuff

We have the hasbro masterpiece line, all others are either dumbed down japanese toys ala cw rid2015 or imported sets at premium prices.

Here are some complaints some people may have with...oh say legends grand scourge, lets pretend the botcon variant doesn't exist for this.

>ugh I got this toy but cheaper years ago
>its still the same shitty toy but more paint
>I cant paint this myself
>the box isn't as good looking as the original release
>its still a kids toy unlike their hasbro masterpiece line which are for adults

Poor arguments, but they WILL be used and hasbro executives may see the same.

In short a premium subline for "kids toys" when the masterpiece line fits that perfectly.

Besides despite their superiority the japanese releases are...still kids toys, they just put more effort into them.
>>
>>5391444
Any none MP line is aimed at kids. Takara just adds more paint and stuff cause for them it's better to aim at the collectors market. That's it
>>
>>5392459
"The same toy but more expensive" is a legitimate complaint though.
>>
>>5392464
Wasn't sure what I'd encounter so I'd thought I'd be cautious.

What I'd rather hasbro do is ditch the whole hasbro mp box thing once skywarp is out and make all mp's outside of japan identical to the takara ones, this way no one misses out.

Its a shame about stuff like cw's, though I wonder...

Why do we get the stuff first, are we the test market?
>>
>>5392470
>Why do we get the stuff first, are we the test market?
Wait, doesn't Japan get the Hasbro versions at the same time as everyone else?
>>
>>5392470
>Why do we get the stuff first, are we the test market?

We get the basic stuff first because we share with the main market, US kids. But japan get "the collector stuff" first because their market is different.
>>
>>5392490
Pretty sure we get it first and japan later.

Unless hlj and amiami are banned from selling combiner wars and regular RID2015 stuff (seeing how their unmasked megatronus came out much later and looking better than the tru version which is supposedly identical to their tru version over there).
>>
>>5392388
That's a retailer issue, not an HasTak issue.
>>5392449
>This isn't true at all
You're wrong. Completely wrong. Just read some /toy/ threads about how much people spend, just look how many poorfags are butthurt about Takara releasing "the same figure" for more than Hasbro. The cheapfags are the majority in the West.
>>5392464
Why would you complain if it's the same toy? Just buy the cheap one and call it a day without bitching about the other one.
>>
>>5392470
We're the primary market for the general release figures, because Transformers isn't as popular as a lot of things for kids in Japan.

The MPs are targeted to Japan first because they're limited specialty items and Japan's a smaller market, so they don't have to manufacture as many as when they come to America. They also don't handle Western distribution for niche items very well (see: every MP.)

UW has been a bit of a different animal than a lot of previous TF series in Japan because it's a lot of high-price items, so they wait to retool the general release versions for Japan. There also may be a bit of the fact that Hasbro doesn't want them to compete for Collector's dollars as far as missing members go.
>>
>>5392497
>Why would you complain if it's the same toy?

Why would I buy it if it's the same toy?
>>
>>5392248
There is also the kit with show-accurate magnets for Ratchet, statis cuffs and the Allspark case, and the one for geewun-ify Arcee.

Someone was also doing a kit to allow the Botcon 2011 Stunticons to form an actual Menasor and the Powermaster OP based on the Allspark Almanac sketches, but they were cancelled.
>>
>>5392317
Takara doesn't have to adhere to price points.
>>
>>5391444
Wow. I'm glad I haven't bought any Combaticons yet!

Still might get Slingblast though.
>>
>>5392500
That's not what's asked.
>>
>>5391444
Damn cool!

Do we know what colors will be used, though (like Bruticus' chestplate, Brawl, or even Vortex)?

I kinda prefer a G1 toy silver chestplate for Bruticus, myself.
>>
File: PissedOffAutobot.png (133 KB, 257x245) Image search: [Google]
PissedOffAutobot.png
133 KB, 257x245
>Unite Warriors Bruticus
>G2 Colours only
Jesus Christ imagine that
>>
>>5392562

I'd be down. G2 Bruticus is my fav anyway.

Going to be a shame that the Hasbro G2 set will have the Jet Blast-Off and 2-rotor Vortex
>>
>>5392562
We got the cw gift set so no need to worry about the UW
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 1024x768
10/10
>>
>>5392569
kek
>>
File: bruticus cartoon.jpg (48 KB, 478x720) Image search: [Google]
bruticus cartoon.jpg
48 KB, 478x720
>>5392560
In all likelihood,it'll be the cartoon colors.
>>
>>5392573
If the chest has that many paint apps I'm ok with this
>>
>>5392573
I kinda like silver chestplate myself, but anything can be fine.

Speaking of, are there cartoon models that give Bruticus toy accurate colors (silver chestplate, greenish-blue under body)?
>>
>>5392573
Are Onslaught's toon colors different from the Hasbro toy?
>>
>>5392636
Habro is doing a cartoon version and a toy version.
>>
>>5392649
Are those any different aside from the differently colored Bruticus kibble?
>>
File: r_DSC09337.jpg (51 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
r_DSC09337.jpg
51 KB, 800x531
>>5392649
The "cartoon" version of the toy uses poop green for Bruticus' chestplate, instead of the brown and purple (like it came from Blast Off).
>>
>>5392661
Is Onslaught's bot mode any different, color wise as well?
>>
>>5392338
>and they teased something about an on-demand figure ordering system a while back.

Being actually able to buy what you want? And it only took them like 50 years to think of it? Goddamn, couple of top shelf fucking geniuses at Hasbro.
>>
>>5392322
The drop test fail is an urban legend, anon admits to making it up. If you try to look up where that rumor started you'll find it came from anon.
>>
>>5392335
as an adult collector who grew up with g1 I like fun toys, I buy MPs but if that's all there was I would be pretty bummed because they are really fucking unfun
>>
>>5392710
Aye, 'twas me. Since all the upperclass fandom people are always boasting about how they corner design guys at Botcon to nag them with inane questions, I decided to play my part.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>5392733
>>5392729
>>5392728
>>5392721

So uh, what is this supposed to be?
>>
>>5392743
looks like a custom silverbolt
>>
>>5392750
Thanks, doc.
>>
>>5392743
Some sort of 3d printed upgrades?
>>
>>5392753
>>5392743
upgrades to make computron look more like computron. don't have scattershot so Silverbolt is the next best thing
>>
>>5392764
Wait Let’s take Jesus off the dashboard.
Got enough on his mind. This is perfect effect? Prototypes?
>>
>>5392721
>>5392728
>>5392729
>>5392733
Pretty neat, actually!

What color you gonna give it? Red? White? Crimson?
>>
>>5392770
nope, just a prototype. I'd like to take it to production but thought /tfg/could help me out with some constructive criticsismf
>>
>>5392778
Pretty good!

I'm not too thrilled about the gun, though. Where would you store it? Looks like a big hunk of plastic.

I like the guns and weapons made from smaller weapons to make something bigger. CW Superion did this a little bit with either combining either Skydive's gun or Powerglide with Silverbolt's/Superion's gun to make it more epic looking.

Still, keep it up!
>>
>>5392778

The gun is waaaayyyy too big. It needs some serious downsizing. The other parts look alright I guess, but black plastic as a prototype is kind of meh because it's harder to make out the details. Should've gone with a brighter color like white, green, or red.
>>
>>5392784
The gun does split into two smaller guns Scattershot (or anyone) can hold. Have a smaller prototype my Ironhide is holding now I'll post in a moment.

>>5392793
Sadly black plastic is all I have to work with at the moment. And I will downsize the gun, it is definitely way too big and would use too much plastic. It's also very thick. But I love how it looks in his hands. Next time I'll use gray plastic for the prototypes!
>>
>>5392670
>>5392338
>on demand figure ordering system
Source? How would this even work? Isn't such a thing more or less what HasbroToyShop is?
>>
Thew reuploaded that vid where he reviews random bots and gets shitfaced!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFjd5W2uVkA
>>
>>5392713
>""""fun""""

poorfag spotted
>>
what the fuck, Onslaught has added heel support? Why the fuck doesn't hotspot have this, the legs are the exact same and Hostpost needs it WAY more because of his huge backpack
>>
File: OneMehAndOneFuckYeah.jpg (1 MB, 2811x1673) Image search: [Google]
OneMehAndOneFuckYeah.jpg
1 MB, 2811x1673
>>5392872

He does? Cool. Mine literally just arrived. Pic very related.

And Onslaught probably has it because he doesn't have a huge ass ladder acting as a figma stand for him, plus he is a remold, so they could've addressed issues in Hotspot.
>>
>>5392882
I guess. Still now I'm tempted to get one to cannablize it's heel spurs for Hotspot's sake. So I can have Hotspot in more dynamic poses.
>>
>>5392778
What'd you use to make your proto?
>>
File: images-9-1.jpg (4 KB, 184x137) Image search: [Google]
images-9-1.jpg
4 KB, 184x137
>>5392733
Give him a giant black robocock, anon.
>>
>>5392882

Aaand shit. Onslaught's right arm upwards side thingy is kind of loose, as is his elbow, not the ratchet one, the pin one.

Futureshine to the rescue. What is it with the voyagers I get and having problems with their right arms? First my UW Motormaster (who still, sadly, isn't really that tight on his right after like 4 futureshinings dunno why it isn't working for him, it's worked PERFECTLY for every other figure I've tried it on), and now this.
>>
File: 2016-01-09 14.04.22.jpg (647 KB, 1022x1046) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-09 14.04.22.jpg
647 KB, 1022x1046
got my combaticon limbs in the mail today, Onslaught (and his cheap annoying roommate he apparantly can't be sold without) are due either monday or Tuesday.

I really like Swindle, and I lucked out with Brawl, he's pretty stable.

I hate Blast Off and Vortex. It's not even the design issues, they're just really shitty molds, same reason I didn't buy the Arielbots.

Kind of surprising that Blast Off's handfoot thing is the only thing that Shockwave isn't loose in.
>>
>>5392886
PLA material.
>>
>>5392939
One thing though

what's that swivel peg on the back of Brawl's turret for? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose
>>
>>5392943
It's used to mount the hand-foot-gun.
>>
>>5392943

Brawl's original toy had a tri-barrel thingy IIRC. You swivel the peg up a bit, stick on the handfootgun, and it emulates the original gun.
>>
File: PICT0850.jpg (564 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
PICT0850.jpg
564 KB, 2816x2112
>>5392946
>>5392943
>>
>>5392954
Might as well ask since I haven't kept up anything about Brawl:

-Does the turret swivel?
-Can you post a picture of him in arm mode? I haven't seen any pics of that.
>>
>>5392968

Turret doesn't swivel, it only has an up/down for the gun barrel and the turret itself moves (on twin stalks of plastic) to a really far forward position for transformation/combiner purposes.
>>
File: PICT0851.jpg (534 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
PICT0851.jpg
534 KB, 2816x2112
>>5392968

Never put him into arm mode before, can't find my instructions for him ATM, but I *THINK* this is the right way?
>>
>>5392866
There's nothing too fulfilling about transforming most MPs, they are too fiddly most times, I love them and I buy them because they are (usually) the best representation of a character but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like the CW leader Magnus more than MP Magnus
>>
>>5392985
adjust the front tread halves to they point inwards towards where the main body would be. There's slots for the front tabs on em.
>>
>>5392985
I think it looks fine, but it's a bit disappointing that you can't swivel the turret, specially when they went out of their way to have Onslaughts cannons flip over this time.
>>
>>5392133

All I want is an alternate head with Megatron.
>>
>>5392999
>Takaras' Brawl has a better waist, and a swivel for the turret.
>>
>>5392985
>subtly flipping the Bird
Heh
>>
Return of the super dick
>>
>>5393012
Takara wins again! Hasbro should just shut down their boys dept and focus on their equines.
>>
>>5393024
Oh, C16 has returned?
>>
>>5393022

Gotta have fun with muh PE hands. They're really quite good.
>>
>>5393040
Except for the fact they can't hold Shockwave
>>
>>5393012

If it did I'd actually consider the box set. I definitely don't want cartoon-colors Onslaught thanks to the fuckhorrible chest in the cartoon, but a fixed Brawl, Vortex with 4 rotors, AND a possibly all new Blastoff mold (if it is all new rather than just a slightly retooled jet mold with different nose cone and back end) might be worth the buy in for me personally.
>>
>>5393043

I actually did get them to hold him.

Once. And then I took him out and now cannot get them to hold him again since I'd repositioned everything. I must've configured the fingers and thumb in a specific way to do it and now I can't fucking remember how I did it.
>>
>>5392985
If Bruticus has Brawl and Swindle as his arms, can the kibble be configured in a way to splay out horizontally?
>>
>>5392939
i think Blast Off is okay personally. But Vortex is without a doubt the worst of the group. His legs are terrible, and his propeller is always in the way. I actually think Brawl is kinda cute, waist issues aside. He'd work as a plush toy if you gave him that material. 3rd best if you ask me.
>>
File: 1433642659347.png (254 KB, 542x248) Image search: [Google]
1433642659347.png
254 KB, 542x248
>>5391444
Aw man, why did all the good CW stuff have to come at the end?

I got a Hasbro Bruticus, but I anticipated to get this anyway. He's my favorite combiner, so I really don't mind having 2.

I'm thinking about cancelling my Grand Galvatron. I mean, I only preordered him because I was annoyed at the lack of Decepticon Combiners, but if Liokaiser is real, I might be pretty satisfied.
>>
>>5393055
My plan is to get Liokaiser, and then get Galvatronus, using the TFCC limbs as his team, that way I own all major torso molds in their decepticon form.
>>
File: 1448730446580.jpg (45 KB, 549x188) Image search: [Google]
1448730446580.jpg
45 KB, 549x188
>>5393054
>Vortex
>Without a doubt the worst

What the fuck? You may not like him, but he is far from any possible "without a doubt the worst" ranking. His legs are fine and are just like the Arielbots legs, and the propeller isn't completely in the way. Brawl is definitely the worst, he's got more issues aside than just the waist.
>>
>>5393055
I'm actually a bit angry about the whole Leokaiser thing.

It's not that he's not perfect (he isn't, but they kind of tried if the art is to be believed), but I already spent cash on cheap limbs for Sky-Lynx, so don't have much of a reason to get him outside of a bitching color scheme, weapons, and possibly new hand/feet parts.
>>
>>5393055
So when Walmart and Target cancel them they can respond, "Well, we tried. We will continue to look at other avenues to get these released."
>>
>>5393060
>his legs are fine
>can't spread them to any monumental degree without popping one off due to the artistic savant who added details to the thigh pieces making them rub against the body

And don't tell me about shaving plastic, I shouldn't have to do that on a figure to make it pose right.

Vortex is subpar. His arm and leg mode are fine, but the robot mode is where it all falls apart.

As for Brawl, it's just my opinion, and I know a lot of people hate him for a bunch of justified reasons, so objectively he'd probably be on par with Vortex if somewhat worse, but his cute boxiness raises him above in my eyes.
>>
>>5393051

I have no idea what you're referring to as 'kibble' on those guys. They don't really have any hanging off bits of weird stuff.

Like, to me, 'kibble' is stuff like you usually get with plane bots, where they've literally got a whole plane hanging off their back in robot mode.
>>
>>5393061
It does look like they kind of tried, your right. I'm hoping that they maybe did a little retooling for the other guys. I'm just glad we got a little something extra for the Decepticons.

>>5393064
I don't think Target and Walmart is cancelling them, I'm a little impressed. I mean, I did manage to see the deluxe Combaticons in stores around Christmas. I feared they would have never made it, like Arcee and Brainstorm last year.
>>
>>5393071
>>can't spread them to any monumental degree without popping one off due to the artistic savant who added details to the thigh pieces making them rub against the body
What the hell are you talking about? I'm fiddling with him right now, and he has no such issues moving his legs around, without the need to pop anything off. Yes, I'm noticing the thigh pieces are rubbing against the body slightly, but I don't see this presenting any issue actual issue. Are you sure you don't have a defective figure?
>>
>>5393074
What I mean is, if you look at a silhouette of Bruticus with Vortex and Blast Off as the arms, it has a very vertical look to it.

Could you have it where Swindle and Brawl as arms give a horizontal look?
>>
File: FutureshineThatShit.jpg (189 KB, 629x1500) Image search: [Google]
FutureshineThatShit.jpg
189 KB, 629x1500
>>5393082

I have no idea, honestly. I usually go for official configurations of stuff, and my brand new Onslaught is now sitting on my shelf to cure for a full day after I futureshine'd his loose bits.
>>
>>5393080
I worded it poorly, but with Vortex you can bend his leg to the side, and bend it forward, but you can't do both at the same time without wrestling with it due to the detail. You have to be either be deluding yourself, or something is terribly wrong with my figure.
>>
File: Ruination.jpg (27 KB, 425x372) Image search: [Google]
Ruination.jpg
27 KB, 425x372
>>5392562
But imagine this:

>Unite Warriors Bruticus
>Valdigus/Ruination Colors only
>>
>>5393090
Okay, now I see what you're talking about. Still, this is the first time I've ever noticed that, even having Alpha Bravo. I guess I never really saw posing in that particular fashion to really be a big deal.
>>
File: 1429743614239.jpg (316 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1429743614239.jpg
316 KB, 900x1000
>>5392562
>>5393097
Whatever, I'll take it.
>>
>>5393097
That'd be on my must have list. Especially if they opted for the Walmart exclusive urban camo colors.
>>
>>5392806
Do you plan on making your own head, or painting a PE one?
>>
>>5393107
New head.
>>
>>5393112
How different will it look compared to Superion or Betatron?
>>
>>5393121
I don't know. Haven't started the head yet. I would like it to have a similar tilt like the PE head, but also a side to side tilt. A secondary faceplate might also be added.
>>
>Hasbro to attend Nuremberg Toy Fair
Oh great, the bald guy will be back.
>>
>>5393127
Are you shapewaysing this or do you have access to a printer?
>>
>>5393146
I have access to a printer.
>>
>>5393143
My prediction: the fandom will be enraged at whatever is or is not shown.
>>
>>5391730
What the fuck else would he be with a nosecone that's obviously new?
>>
>>5392728
Add 5mm holes to the top of the shoulder parts to mount individual rifles in?
>>
>>5393150
I always love coming here to see people complain when they do toy fairs, or con reveals. I still remember when they revealed the second set of Autobot cars, and the shitposting that ensued.
>>
/tfg/ discord when
>>
>>5393147
How smooth can the final product turn out?
>>
>>5393199
Not the guy who made it but on an FDM machine not very smooth. That said it's a prototype, you know? He can clean them up and make a mold and you'd never know the finished product was 3d printed.
>>
Maybe it's because I didn't buy any Arielbots, but I feel very uneasy when transforming Blast Off and Vortex's legs. It feels like I'm going to break something when I have to split them apart.
>>
>>5393241

Thats why I'm afraid for the clear plastic GG Starscream.

The best way I can figure to split their legs is to fist unhinge them at the side, and then gently split at the hinge section, then at the foot section.
>>
File: FIGURE-015882.jpg (107 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-015882.jpg
107 KB, 600x600
Thoughts?
>>
>>5392397
>There are a lot of western collectors toylines that do just fine, though.
I love to see a list
>>
>>5393322
>transformer that doesn't transform
worthless
>>
>>5393322
it looks like a toy robot
>>
>>5393087
Quick question:
I know floor polish is good for helping to tighten-up loose joints (namely ball-socket joints), but how should it be applied/what steps need to be taken?

Example: if I want tighten the joint from arm to elbow, do I coat both the ball and socket and stick them together, or keep them separate?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.