[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General - Sky Garry is the Stupidest Name Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: sky garry glenn ross.jpg (201 KB, 580x910) Image search: [Google]
sky garry glenn ross.jpg
201 KB, 580x910
Old thread >5385311

So what do you think is the worst TF name?
I'm partial to Sky Garry being the worst.
>>
optimus prime
>>
>>5389525
Scrounge is a pretty awful name and he turns into a fucking wheel.
>>
>>5389525
What do you guys think of Combiner Wars, how do you rate it as a line? To be honest it might be my favorite since ROTF, they took one of the fandom's (and my personal) favorite gimmicks and gave it new life in a wonderful fashion. True, there was a lot of mold reuse, but I thought most of them were solid figures.
>>
>>5389525

>not including the new rule
You fucked up.

>>5389499

MPs belong in /3PG/, not /TFG/.
>>
>tfw no Erector vs Thrust two-pack
>>
>>5389532
I think it is amazing. recolors/paints are getting annoying but honestly it's such a great and fun line.
>>
File: SkyAndEarthCollide.jpg (713 KB, 2815x1033) Image search: [Google]
SkyAndEarthCollide.jpg
713 KB, 2815x1033
>>5389525

Randy

>>5389532

I love it so far, but then again, I only started collecting recently so my only comparison were my G1 bricks leftover from childhood, which don't hold a candle to anything modern.
>>
>>5389532
I like UW. I don't like CW. With Hasbro's cost cutting and muh oc members I don't even get excited for western releases anymore.
>>
>>5389525

Good names are for closers, OP.
>>
>>5389559

It's not like Takara is modifying every mold or filling in gaps. They usually just slap on more paint.

The OC members aren't bad, it's just an alternative, and in some cases led to pretty awesome toys (Rook). What was bad was making the original members exclusives in the US that immeadiately sold out and were then scalped like a motherfucker. You know they fuck up bad when you can get a full big-ass Japanese import box set for cheaper than buying shit right here in the US.
>>
>>5389539
Didn't include the new rule because it's not a rule.
>>
I felt a need to get on here and browse, but didn't understand why. Then I saw >>5386833 >>5386839 >>5388296

Apparently, trip summoning is a real thing.
>>
>>5389565
Ahahahahahaha oh fuck that made my night.
>>
>>5389573
What have you been up to?
>>
>>5389579
Nothing much. I'm mostly content with my collection at the moment so I haven't been posting anything lately.

I'll stop posting now so people don't get too angry.
>>
>>5389559

They've been the exact same figures though, except for Devestator, where I'll agree that the Hasbro version is exponentially worse.

But I do agree that the new characters are a bit of a sore spot for me too, but at least we got everybody eventually. Pretty sure everyone knew Wildrider and Slingshot were a given so I can't imagine AB and Offroad sold well, though.

I can't say I'm too unhappy about Rook though. It would be nice for us to get Groove at some point, but he's not worth double the price to buy the UW set for, and Rook is a good toy even without his combining gimmick.

Best thing I can say about UW is that once in a while a figure comes out that has horrible issues, and since Takara figures release later they might fix it. They didn't fix the hands on the Arcee/Nightbird mold, and they didn't fix the terrible Windblade mold for Slipstream, but they've shown that they MIGHT for a big ticket item like Devestator, so we might see the Takara version of Brawl getting a slight retool.

Although if people are buying the American version, we've also seen them do revisions in the west too, like with Motormaster.
>>
>>5389585
Where's Frog Fembot?
>>
>>5389532
worse than than CHUG/10 and better than expected/10
>>
>>5389592

Motormaster was just slapping in slightly different ratchets. Brawl they'd have to completely change his waist for most people to find "acceptable". Mine tabs in fine though, and while it's not ideal, it works. His giant chest distracts from and hides the waist from most angles anyway.

If I had bought this for a kid though, I'd be pissed. No kid could reasonably play with Brawl without some kind of issue arising, or those waist plates breaking I'm sure.
>>
>>5389601
Your picture is inacurrate to the CW thing.
>>
>>5389585
>has to respond to summons
>doesn't like making mistakes
>makes mistakes
>doesn't want anons to get angry
>anons get angry if he is even discussed

Being datguy is suffering.
>>
>>5389605

Yeah, it's late and I'm tired. Didn't really choose the best pic there.
>>
>>5389592
>Hasbro version is exponentially worse
You guys have a crazy scale.
>>
I got the PE elbows in today. I like them and felt they were worth the price especially considering I nabbed devy for $100.

Bummer is that some of the vehicle modes can't really hold the guns properly without having to use that other PE set they have that's overkill in a box.
>>
File: AUTOIMAGES-HT83974Flg.jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
AUTOIMAGES-HT83974Flg.jpg
65 KB, 500x500
Will we ever get toys like the ROTF Scouts again?
>>
I fucking love those figures I wished they'd made some of the main guys in that size class (For scale).
>>
>>5389680
>>5389669
>tfw DOTM got rid of the Scouts altogether and AOE focussed it's smaller toys on shitty gimmicks and refused to make toys of non-movie characters so we couldn't get any more glorious biplanes or cruiser boats.
>>
>>5389686
Just think of what we could have got if they'd just focused on the main stuff, I hope the next line is better.
>>
>>5389686
My personal theory is that collectors bought up the DotM human alliance figures because they were in as detailed and in scale with alternators, and hasbro fucked up and thought that kids were buying them because of the tiny humans.
>>
>>5389525
>>So what do you think is the worst TF name?
Almost any name from Season 1 Beast Wars. These are some of the most endearing Transformers characters, but they're names are some of the laziest.
Rhinox's name is just rhino... with x at the end..
>>
File: 105003_Sandstorm_Robot_Front.jpg (114 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
105003_Sandstorm_Robot_Front.jpg
114 KB, 800x800
>>5389686
>tfw DOTM got rid of the Scouts altogether

I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>5389700
They had Cyberverse, with Commanders that were basically the new Scouts, but smaller. That is an exclusive recolor of an ROTF Scout, we didn't get any of those where I am.
>>
>>5389704
Actually that figure is a human alliance figure from DOTM, technically a different subline, but it is scout sized.
>>
>>5389669
I'm not holding my breath. How long will it take this new Hasbro blood to ripen? I'd say bare minimum 2 more years on the 3rd in this trilogy of "collectors" lines.
but then they're hamstrung by increasing budget limitations so they'll never really get to spread their wings and know what they're really capable of.
Our only hope is some kind of fucking miracle of capitalism where Hasbro decides to prioritize making good products instead of just extracting maximum profit. What's that?? I can't hear you over the sound of Michael Bay explosions!

and people are optimistic about a new convention after the current license expires. I'm expecting so much disappointment. I'm expecting if there IS a convention, it's half of what the old one was. I'm expecting poor decisions for exclusives that make you beg for FunPub back, they'll charge more, and there will be no fiction or art. "Fuck that shitty fanfic!" you say. Sure thing! Enjoy nothing but Michael Bay, Michael Bay lite cartoon, and IDW:SJW. Don't call it a grave. It's the future you chose.
>>
>>5389711
>. I'm expecting so much disappointment
You know literally NOTHING about what convention is coming next. Quit being such a pessimist
>>
Does anyone know if CW Skylynx's lower jaw can tilt up along with the rest of his head? I'm wondering if there's a better transformation for quadruped lion mode that doesn't look like ass. Maybe if that stupid collar flap could be tilted 45 degrees it would be halfway natural looking, instead of what I thought might be a solution of having the head come out parallel to his torso.
>>
>>5389532
A lot of good ideas with bad execution, some molds from the line should not have made it past the prototype stage without fixing glaring flaws, especially the Optimus/Motormaster mold and the Brawl mold.

I'm also real unhappy that some of the limb molds don't lock down properly, the most prominent example being Drag Strip's Offroad's and Dead End's arms when they're in arm mode.
>>
>>5389525
>So what do you think is the worst TF name?
One of the upcoming RID15 minicons is named Back. I think there's another one named Forth.
>>
>>5389601
That must be Powered Convoy's collection, before the last 15 uses of the mold was released.
>>
File: mt29.jpg (121 KB, 820x734) Image search: [Google]
mt29.jpg
121 KB, 820x734
>>5389704
>>
>>5389530
He scrounges around. It's totally apropros.

>>5389714
I know Hasbro's been cutting costs for a while now and that it's not an anomaly, and they've been investing more in the Chinese market. That global license for some "experience" given to a Chinese company might not be enough for Hasbro, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they just tacked it on and let them do whatever the fuck on top of some exclusives. I wonder how savvy the Chinese are to foreign markets. Will they bungle it like Target did in Canada, or will they do so well that they convince fans to be more grateful for less like MotU fans?
So yeah, of course I know nothing directly about it. It's all speculation.
>>
>>5389733
I do remember those. We only got one wave and they were somewhat more expensive than the old Scouts where I am.
>>
>>5389733
>human sits right above missile pods
>with his legs hanging down
They didn't really thing out some of those weapon modes. I remember the Drag Strip turned into a shield with a big hole in the middle.
>>
File: Gun_shield_1805.jpg (15 KB, 348x261) Image search: [Google]
Gun_shield_1805.jpg
15 KB, 348x261
>>5389739
shields with holes in the middle are very common
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-01-08 15.31.59.png (155 KB, 1379x389) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-01-08 15.31.59.png
155 KB, 1379x389
>>5389736
>We only got one wave

Oh we got one wave, did we?
>>
>>5389532
It's an okay line.

I like the concept of it, but honestly the most crushing flaw is the hand/foot/gun design and how it's implemented; they're given to the limb bots and look awkward as shit anywhere on their vehicle or robot modes, and on top of that the design leads to oversized hands and, most importantly, undersized feet that weren't designed with the quirks of the torso bots in mind so the stability of many combiners goes to shit if they aren't standing perfectly.

If they designed the hands and feet uniquely for the torsos and packed them with the voyagers so they didn't suffer so heavily from dumbass weight issues and mis-matched hands/feet, I would think more highly of the line as a whole.
>>
>>5389532
People bitch and bitch and bitch about it now

But I feel like it'll be remembered pretty fondly, cause it's a good line. Not great, but pretty damn good
>>
>>5389792
He meant they only got one wave in his area anon
>>
>>5389792
>We only got one wave and they were somewhat more expensive than the old Scouts where I am.
>where I am
Maybe look at the whole sentence next time you want to be witty.
>>
>>5389532
It was alright. pretty fun gimmick wise what with scramble city and all that. And the majority of limb bots were quite decent for what they were. I just think it would have done better with one or two extra molds to throw in the pile for some extra variation.
>>
>>5389799
I think PE implimented the hands and feet idea a ton better. The feet look silly being used as handheld guns, but if you are creative or if you added a few peg holes, you could build a little sentry thing that limb bots could mount, which is what I do if they are in individual modes.
>>
>>5389669
I think a lot of the recent "legends" class figures have been on the same level or better. Neat shit like Cosmos, Shrapnel, Powerglide and Shockwave are some of my favorite releases of the last few years.

Actually, it makes me realize how little I've bought of anything deluxe or bigger since the new Legends waves started.
>>
>>5389532
>>5389532
>What do you guys think of Combiner Wars, how do you rate it as a line?
I think it's boring as fuck and annoying because other parts of the figures are sacrificed for the combining gimmick and I can't wait for it to be over BUT I'm glad so many seemed to have really enjoyed it.
>>
>>5389933
Same. It seemed to check a lot of characters off of the "must have" lists of a lot of anons, but as someone who didn't care for combiners, especially with the generally reduced quality they were being produced in, it's been a year of snores for me.

I will say it saved me a lot of money and enabled me to go back and pick up repaints of MP characters that I hadn't originally planned on getting, like Smokescreen and G2 Sideswipe, and those figures turned out to be some of my absolute favorites. So, thanks, Combiner Wars.
>>
>>5389949
>I will say it saved me a lot of money
Same here. Only figures I actually bought this year were Magnus and the little Shockwave (who is much better than I expected). But its been nice having so much extra money to blow elsewhere.
>>
>>5389949
Eh, different strokes for different folks. I love combiners and don't care for MP figures since I have no love for G1, so I can't justify paying a premium for a figure that doesn't give me as much play value over something that transforms and combines.
>>
>>5389669
The closest thing we are getting is the new legends class.
>>
>>5389963
This here is the deal breaker for many of us.

Something with sheer play value at decent prices (cw/RID2015) or something that homages our childhood at a premium price, design and complexity (MP), being a faggot for both I box up my mp's until I get a display case while keeping the other 2 mentioned hanging around as essentially rubix cubes.

Just something to mess with during down time.
>>
>>5389963
>so I can't justify paying a premium for a figure that doesn't give me as much play value over something that transforms and combines.
See I'm not even saying I want MPs just that I think the combiners are ugly because of how compromised they are for the combining element (which I really don't care about nor do I really care about the characters). I'm perfectly happy with a nice cheap Legends class figure that is great to fiddle with and looks good. The Legend Fixit is an amazing little guy for instance.
>>
>>5389970
>Just something to mess with during down time.
This. The real meat of my collection is MPs, but my desk is littered with Legends Class dudes that I fiddle with and pose constantly since they're so small and simple and convenient, and thanks to the recent size increase, they actually look really good as well.

It's also another reason I don't buy any retail stuff in the deluxe or higher class any more, apart from the quality hit. MPs satisfy my need for a collector-quality, complex toy, while the Legends give me a ton of neat, simple, cheap stuff to fiddle with. All other retail classes occupy a middle ground that I just don't have a need for.
>>
File: test.jpg (132 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
132 KB, 720x960
>possible cw liokaizer artwork

WHAT THE FUCK I THOUGHT THE LINE WAS DONE
>>
File: late night preorders.jpg (34 KB, 526x563) Image search: [Google]
late night preorders.jpg
34 KB, 526x563
>>5390049
>chest indicates retooled skylynx

plz be real
>>
>>5390049
CITATION NEEDED.
>>
>>5390053
Got it from seibertron who got it from some guy called hobby drifter on twitter.

I want it...no I DEMAND IT BE REAL, I DON'T CARE HOW OBSCURE HE IS
>>
>>5390057
There's a better picture on tfw2005.

I can already tell they've fucked it up, Leozack is now a dragon, and they aren't breastmasters,but damn do I need some more decepticons.
>>
>>5390049
For every autobot torso, there is a decepticon. I'm all in on this one. Sky Lynx can eat a dick.
>>
>>5390049

No, fuck you. I got Bruticus. I am done with the line!

FUCK.

THEY BETTER FIX THE BRAWL MOLD'S FUCKING TORSO.
>>
File: Liokaiser-Art-02.jpg (68 KB, 667x547) Image search: [Google]
Liokaiser-Art-02.jpg
68 KB, 667x547
AH FUCK DAMN IT.
>>
>>5390074
FUCK DAMN WHAT?
>>
>>5390074
A NUNCHUK
>>
>>5390065
>leozack is now a dragon

We need to wait, if we are lucky and hasbro/takara are smart they'd retool liozack to be bipedal.

If he's a dragon people are going to crack it big time.

>>5390069
I'm getting cw skylynx and UW liokaizer because I NEED more victory updates
>>
>>5390074
BASED COMBINER WARS
>>
>>5390078

I have to spend money.
>>
File: ramhornREVEAL.jpg (168 KB, 600x856) Image search: [Google]
ramhornREVEAL.jpg
168 KB, 600x856
>>5390086
AH, I SEE.
>>
>>5390074

Boxset? Probably a boxset.
>>
File: leozack_1.jpg (71 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
leozack_1.jpg
71 KB, 640x480
>>5390074
So they fused Jaruga with Leozack (and Deathsaurus if the whole rumor is true, as it seems to be)...wait, so theres no Leozack, just Deathsaurus beast without botmode and LioKaiser torso with a Jaruga head, don't know how to feel.
>>
File: SmugGalvatron.png (210 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
SmugGalvatron.png
210 KB, 500x372
>>5390049
>>5390074
inb4 "OMG THEY REMOVED JARUGAR. THNX HASBRO FOR RAPING MY CHILDHOOD, MORE LIKE HASBLOW"
>>
Computron artwork leaking too.

Look who we have here.
>>
>>5390094
They made Jaruga the head of the gestalt, which means -if this is real-, this deco is for the american release, takara would go for a green head acurate to the anime.
>>
>>5390107
if the rumors are true, he'll be simplified, right?

i dont see whats so complicated about UW Groove tho
>>
>>5390112

Failed the drop test probably.
>>
>>5390113
just like my baby
>>
>>5390119
How's Walky doing?
>>
>>5389592
>so I can't imagine AB and Offroad sold well, though.
Based off of fucking what? The fact that you don't like new characters?
>>
File: rimshot.gif (1 MB, 776x434) Image search: [Google]
rimshot.gif
1 MB, 776x434
>>5390113
>>5390119
>>5390120
>>
Nother Computron.

I wish this fool would just show the whole image, god damn.
>>
>>5390131
>its still using betatron

Even in black and white the blandness over takes the whole damn thing.

Accurate limbs are cool, but surely a touch up would of helped

Also clearly a marketing tactic to make us squeel like the piggies we are
>>
So it seems liokaizer is a amalgamation of three different characters:

The turquoise and the combiner head design of Leozack

The black (and maybe yellow?) colouration of Jarugar for the combiner head

Potentially, the beast mode of and mace weapon of Deathsaurus.
>>
>>5390074
If this ends up to be grand galvatron tier triple fusion and leozack does not get to be a real figure, I'm gonna be pissed
>>
>>5390160

plz single release Cyclonus remold Leozack as an alternative
>>
>>5390151
Actually the weapon in the pic belonged to Liokaiser, it only appeared in the show
>>
>>5390198
Ah, right, Deathsaurus does have a mace aswell though.
>>
I am stiff from these leaks
>>
>getting Groove as Afterburner

So....when are we getting a Groove online exclusive?
>>
>>5390223
As stated he "apparently" failed a drop test, perhaps because of the windshield.

Afterburner in the images so far shows signs he won't have such a thing and thus may be "safer"

Unless they retool groove we won't be getting him
>>
>>5390131
>>5390107
>>5390074
>>5390049
>implying I am going to fall for all these fake leaks
You can't trick me. Why should we expect anything coo like this out of CW
>>
>>5390227
You know, I've always wondered why they don't just have a separate line for stuff that fails kid tests like that. There's clearly a market for Transformers as adult collectibles, and most of the time it's the same figures that are already released in Japan. Slap it in a new box (or do the Bluefin thing and throw a sticker on the Japanese box,) label it "Adult collector only," and be free of liability. We've seen that they can do online exclusives at a different price point than the standard SKU too
>>
>>5390227
I wished they'd just done it right, instead of all these needless changes.
>>
>>5390074
wait, what's that yellow crap around his head?
>>
>>5390074

Nooooooo FUCK
>>
File: test.jpg (339 KB, 1411x1600) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
339 KB, 1411x1600
>>5390234
We already had the TRU listing for "computron", our fate is sealed.

>>5390235
Because smart people are going to bitch a kids toy is being put up price wise just to escape safety test, a simple reboxing won't save it and remember, groove was UW only, none of the UW apart from grand scourge got an individual release, groove is fucked.

>>5390238
If you mean the cw teams I can see why, they wanted to break up the sameness.

Alpha bravo, offroad breakup the "duplicates", rook actually turned out to be a good beefy guy who sorta works for the team without getting too autistic about the whole apc thing, hell cw blastoff better fits the military theme even though one can find ways for a shuttle to work in retrospect.

>>5390239
That'd be the collar, see pic related, its blue on sky reign
>>
>>5390049

You know, I have NO FUCKING IDEA who this is, but he looks pretty cool.

Anyone got a bio or explanation of this guy?
>>
>>5390253
>without getting too autistic about the whole apc thing

the only ones autistic about a riot police van are trannies from tfw2005
>>
File: Victory-toy_Liokaiser.jpg (96 KB, 529x600) Image search: [Google]
Victory-toy_Liokaiser.jpg
96 KB, 529x600
>>5390254

Japanese only combiner from the Victory cartoon.
>>
>>5390254
Liokaizer, from transformers victory, a gestalt.

The part I like and hopeful about is the leader (leozack) is a more competent starscream who has a qt sister in the manga.

>>5390256
I was once one of them until I have him in hand, he pulled me away from the glorious UW release.
>>
>>5390049
>>5390074
>Two Brawl molds

I don't know why they decided to use Brawl for the 'Drill Tank' mold instead of Rook, especially since Rook already has a 5mm hole in his front that you can easily put a drill nose on.
>>
>>5390254
https://youtu.be/vbEplajTPiw
>>
File: RescueCombined.jpg (52 KB, 302x500) Image search: [Google]
RescueCombined.jpg
52 KB, 302x500
>>5390254
>Four of the six components to Liokaiser were used to make the European-exclusive Rescue Force. Unless you are in need of an armless combiner whose head is tiny, you should not attempt to combine them.

So basicly Europe gets to own a complete Liokaiser now.

>>5390260
That became pic related in europe.
>>
>>5390266
Because tank treads exist only on tanks, and rook already has one retool, modding the tank is even easier because its an addon
>>
>>5390266

Probably because on the original Leozack both legs use the same mold.
>>
>>5390253
If it's at the cost of the original characters, I don't care for them. And blast-off as a shuttle is perfectly fine, changing him to a jet is just laziness.
>>
>>5390273
Do these boxsets even get released in Europe?
>>
>>5390276
IDW should change that and make Rook a part of the new Leokaizer
>>
>>5390282
I like leozack so I hope they retool the shit out of him even if one team member becomes nothing but a pelvic homage (though a legends groove in black could be a quick but shitty fix).

Personally, I like what they did with blast off being a jet, but a repanit of slingshot who was an exclusive?

THAT is pathetic.

>>5390289
No no NO DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS THEY ALREADY FUCKED UP STARSABER
>>
>>5390273
Man what the fuck were Hasbro Europe thinking back in the late 80's/early 90's
>Let's release the Brainmasters! Without their combining parts!
>Then we'll release Overlord, but no Star Saber/ big autobot guy to fight against him!
>Now how about the Breastforce?
>Let's remove their gimmick, 2 of the members and call them Rescue Force!
>>
>>5390286
>Europe
>Getting any cool TF related things
HA, endless shelves of AoE one step changers/RID shit here in Britbongistan.
>>
>>5390296
The rescue force was never meant to combine though, that was just smart fans working shit out
>>
>>5390235

Blame the murrikan parents, who really can't tell the difference, will buy it for their dumbfuck kid who goes on to pierce himself with a broken windshield.

Even Mattel's MOTUC rep revealed that despite the line being online only and 100% for collectors, they still aren't allowed to make figma level pointy shit in case some dumbshit thinksnit's a kids toy and stabs their eye out.
>>
>>5390267
that god ginrai suplex
>>
>>5389626
>some of the vehicle modes can't really hold the guns properly without having to use that other PE set
The only one that has this issue is Mixmaster, actually. Everyone else can carry their guns in altmode.
>Scrapper's goes into hole of folded down hand
>Scavenger's goes on tiny peg on back of altmode
>Bonecrusher's pegs in on the side, near the driver cab
>Hook's attaches to a weirdly shaped spot on the side of the crane arm
>Long Haul's can go on the front facing part of the dump bed or any of the other six gorillion places he can store weapons

>>5389715
Does anyone actually have it aside from a few Chinese guys that have stolen copies?
>>
Damn son, that is a lot of combiners.
>>
>>5390107
>>5390131
>>
>>5390074
It bothers me a lot that they only used the Air Raid mold for one arm, instead of both.... aside from the whole weirdness of using the Sky-Lynx mold to represent 3 different characters.

At least he seems to gets unique weapons for himself.
>>
File: CW Dirge.jpg (133 KB, 952x679) Image search: [Google]
CW Dirge.jpg
133 KB, 952x679
>>5390339

Seeker combiner when?
>>
>>5390308

"BAH GAWD POWAHMASTUH OPTUHMUS PRIME OUTTA NOWHERE!"
>>
>>5390358
DO YOU SMELL
WHAT THE ROOK
IS COOKIN' ?
>>
File: 20150829_012849.jpg (256 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
20150829_012849.jpg
256 KB, 1152x2048
>>5390364
When will they repaint Rook into Cook?
>>
>>5390074

So is he going to be in scale with MP Star Saber or what
>>
>>5390049
>>5390074
GIVE IT TO ME NOW. NOW GODDAMMIT.
>>
>>5390372
a hair shorter.
>>
Well this is all fucking weird. So Computron is coming out with a barely altered torso (just a few decals added), uses the Groove mold, and comes with unique hands, and fists (I assumed they existed, but I didn't think they'd be used for Computron). Then there's Leokaiser, who's displayed with his weapons (some that not even the original toy got, and I don't have a clue how they'd work), but it's coming out a bit weird since the wings on the arms won't match, doesn't use the unique hands and feet despite looking like he's coming in a box set, the breast animals will probably be omitted, and I have no idea what's going on with Leozack, and Jarugar.
>>
>>5390094
The torso is actually a Liozack/Jarugar/Deathsaurus fusion, with the torso mode painted to look like Liozack and Jarugar and the Sky Lynx mode colored like Deathsaurus's dragon mode.
>>
File: micro.jpg (4 KB, 97x76) Image search: [Google]
micro.jpg
4 KB, 97x76
>>5390074
>That tiny guy who never stops trying
Is he supposed to be someone in particular?
>>
>>5390366
I love this mold so much. Having Alpha Bravo, and Blades deploying him into battle looks so cool.
>>
>>5390389

That's pretty gay
>>
>>5390267

Where can I stream Victory online?
>>
>>5390398
Kiss Anime.
>>
File: give me a leozack already.png (157 KB, 309x228) Image search: [Google]
give me a leozack already.png
157 KB, 309x228
>>5390389
It's like replacing motormaster with megatron
it's stupid

I want a proper deszaras and a proper leozack goddamnit
>>
File: 1373604174230.jpg (316 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
1373604174230.jpg
316 KB, 621x621
>Liokaiser with only five bots
>Leozak with a weird sky lynx robot mode
>Computron STILL has that retarded Superion head and chest

help me third parties and takara
>>
File: r_big-rescue-force-011.jpg (81 KB, 600x811) Image search: [Google]
r_big-rescue-force-011.jpg
81 KB, 600x811
>>5390273
>>5390296
>>5390302
Actually you could get a combiner out of it especially if you use the arms from the retooled tank.
>>
>>5390134
To be fair, the tank mold in that pic still has a brawl deco, as evidenced by the decepticon insignia. This is a super early test shot, they may just be using betatron as a stand-in.
>>
>>5389532
Transformations and articulation are all pretty samey (especially on the deluxes) which is kinda disappointing. I'd rather see a bunch of diverse transformations, but the general design Hasbro has milked to death is pretty solid as both a transformer and action figure. But again, I wish the transformations varied a bit more.
>>
>>5390424
You can make out the Superion head in the art, and the chest also remains unchanged, but it does look like it's getting some decals, so it won't be exactly the same.
>>
>>5390418
A 3rd party should take it upon themselves to make a proper Leokaiser torso. Shouldn't be that hard to make two bots that combine to make a CW compatible torso. Hell it'd probably make a better torso since the extra mass would serve to give it some needed depth, which is a problem a lot of combiners have, they look strong from the front, but from the sides they are paper thin, I hate it.
>>
>>5390436
I'm just surprised 3rd Parties haven't made CW-compatible components yet.
>>
File: WorseThanHitler.png (681 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WorseThanHitler.png
681 KB, 1280x720
>>5390418

Every non-Devy combiner in the line is made of 5 bots with 6th optional weapon/chest bot. You wanted your Liokaiser, you knew what you were probably gonna get, and you got him.

Still no Predaking but we get shit like fucking Computron and some guy who only appeared in Japan. Wonderful. Be happy you got a combiner you wanted.
>>
>>5390447
>some guy who only appeared in Japan

And in Latinamerica, he would be better if they had used the Silverbolt mould, but an update for a forgoten character is always welcomed.
>>
File: image.jpg (407 KB, 1631x1678) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
407 KB, 1631x1678
>>5389669
But we do.

>>5390049
It is. It's for Titan Wars. Note the little headmaster looking guys. >>5390074

>>5390131
Are those Generations Brainstorm's guns?

>>5389559
Some of the OC guys fit the teams better imo. Rook because scale, Slingblast because logic, and Offroad's green/turquoise helps give each Stunticon a unique color, like some kinda evil sentai team. Wildrider's colors were too much like dead end + motormaster.

>>5390049
>>5390074
>predaking feet
OHH SHIT NIGGER
>>
>>5390447

But anon those combiners all mirror their g1 counterparts with 5 bots each
>>
File: reduced-image_1639_106[1].jpg (30 KB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
reduced-image_1639_106[1].jpg
30 KB, 400x332
>>5390447
>You wanted your Liokaiser

This isn't my Liokaiser. Liokaiser has six members. This is five members. I also never asked for Liokaiser from Hasbro. Especially if they're going to do it wrong. If they can only do five bot combiners then do a fucking five bot combiner, not a six bot one shoehorned as a five bot one. Fuck that.

TFC will give me my Liokaiser.

>and some guy who only appeared in Japan
means nothing to me if they're going to do it so fucking wrong.

In 2006 were you grateful that you "finally" got your updated Devastator even though it was a shitty five bot thing made from redecoed Energon toys? No? Then the same thing applies here
>>
>>5390471
Then honestly you shouldn't be mad at it at all. You're bothered like you have no alternative. But TFC is doing Liokaiser, and you can turn to that. The price is a bit high, but you're paying for something more limited and higher quality in return. That's what I did with Devastator, I didn't like the Hasbro version, so I opted to go for MT Giant instead and I'm satisfied, helps that I only paid 150$, which pleases me.
>>
>>5390471
The new Liokaiser basically looks just like the original gestalt, though (black helmet aside) unlike "Classics" Devastator. That's not really a good comparison.

Classics Devy's altmodes were pretty fucked, too. Two cranes, shovel, two diggers. No dump truck, dozer, or mixer. Not to mention no g1 style head or chestplate.
>>
>>5390478
>Then honestly you shouldn't be mad at it at all

yes I should, because I still prefer paying less and it's disappointing when the official prodcut drops the ball.

>>5390481
>That's not really a good comparison.
no, it's a good comparison because they're both crappy updates with a missing member because they had to make do with just changing the colors of old toys. If I only cared about the combined mode I'd ask for an action master style figure. And on top of that it's still missing the breastmasters.
>>
>>5390436
Third party deathcobra when?

Hell, repaint the powerglide that went with superior green/yellow and I'd be happy.
>>
>>5390227
The failed a drop test claim isn't real.
>>
>>5390227
Some anon made up the failed a drop test thing and now we accept it as true, it was made up like >>5390504 said
>>
So is Leo going to be a box set? I'm trying to decide if I want to skip on skylynx or not.
>>
>>5390471
I've wanted a Classics Devestator for years. I bet I can get one cheap now.

I've already got UW Devs but Classics looks like fun
>>
>>5390296
>Let's make the Construction toys yellow, then remove all the combiner bits AND retool them so they can't combine anyway!
>>
File: playing with a transformer.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
playing with a transformer.gif
2 MB, 320x180
http://pastebin.com/vgkZ1EBp
This is a really good recommendation list. I updated it with:
G1
G2
Beast Wars
Unicron Trilogy
CHUG
Movies
Animated
Prime
Masterpiece
And a few other bots
>>
>>5390526
The individual figures are fine, but you're getting 2 of the same molds twice each and the combined mode is eh.
>>
>Leokaiser only has one Skydive mold
>You need 2 to emulate his original shoulder look

I don't understand.
>>
File: 250px-Windcharger_flash.jpg (23 KB, 250x319) Image search: [Google]
250px-Windcharger_flash.jpg
23 KB, 250x319
>>5390392
Windcharger?
Remaining Masquerade limbs confirmed.
>>
Any tips for painting rims on TF wheels?

>>5390496
Wasn't Deathcobra a copter? Nonetheless, I'm always up for more repaints of Powerglide.
>tfw still can't find viper for non-rape prices

I'd like some 3p Breast Animals for them, too.

>>5390562
I think it's just a random Titan Master.
>>
File: def.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
def.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
I'm new to Transformbot. Is this right? Sorry for potato.
>>
>>5390618
Yep. You got it.
>>
File: 1452162624527.jpg (7 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
1452162624527.jpg
7 KB, 182x268
>>5390618
Sexy
>>
File: cw motorvator flame.jpg (92 KB, 698x960) Image search: [Google]
cw motorvator flame.jpg
92 KB, 698x960
Neat. Too bad these hypothetically wouldn't be able to combine.
>>
File: cw motorvator gripper.jpg (63 KB, 600x755) Image search: [Google]
cw motorvator gripper.jpg
63 KB, 600x755
>>5390626
>>
File: cw motorvator lightspeed.jpg (96 KB, 729x960) Image search: [Google]
cw motorvator lightspeed.jpg
96 KB, 729x960
>>5390630
>>
>>5390626
unless they made a new torso
>>
>>5390626
Maybe a remolded Cyclonus/SIlverbolt intol Star Saber, the fourth Brainmaster.

And Galaxy Shuttle from Takara's Blast Off.
>>
>>5390638
Stop giving them horrible ideas.
>>
>>5390074
Ohhhhh fuckkkkkkk
>>
>>5390294
Assuming Leozak actually has a real robot mode, they could do Jallguar from the Dragstrip mold and have him as a rotating member of the team, like with the Seacons. He wouldn't be part of the gestalt at the same time with everyone, but what can you do?

Plus, maybe we'll get a Vortex remold as Death Cobra and have a 7 man set.
>>
>>5390655
It's too bad the breast animals are most likely omitted. It kind of defeats the point of calling them the breast force.
>>
>>5390657
They haven't been called the Breastforce over here, so...
>>
>>5390657

To be fair, Breastforce sounds bad no matter the age.

It sounds like a stripper-focused combiner.
>>
>>5390339
Hey the chest is remolded. Neat.
>>
>>5390663
If anything, they'll probably name them something obvious like the Kaisercons.
>>
>>5390663
>>5390661
>>5390657
I really wonder what Hasbro will call all of them, considering each of their names was a reference to their animal partners.

Maybe Hasbro will call the team the Beastforce?
>>
>>5390666
It's not, they just added a sticker.
>>
>>5390673
Beast Force, Plate Force, Wild Force, Anicons, ブレストフォース?
>>
File: 1446985138847.png (102 KB, 356x213) Image search: [Google]
1446985138847.png
102 KB, 356x213
>>5390643
>>
>>5390679
It's the angle, the chest is the same.
>>
>>5390682

... is that a Hiker from Pokemon? I don't even want to know what the fullsize image looks like
>>
>>5390685
>... is that a Hiker from Pokemon?
ye
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
ITS NOT FAIR
We we supposed to get Predaking and Abominus, not these Japan-only chucklefucks
>>
>>5390713
If the handfoot guns look like this on the toy, there's a tiny chance they made 'em that way for a future Predaking. Tell me those aren't Predaking's feet.
>>5390074
>>
>>5390721
They're brawls Hand foot gun bruticus has the same feet

seems like with the box set we might be getting new hands though
>>
>>5390721

They look more like the handfootguns that already come with Brawl and (I think) Swindle. They don't look much like Predaking's feet, which are much longer.
>>
>>5390721
>>5390731
>>5390735
>expecting total G1 accuracy in CW
>>
>>5390745

The other CW combiners have been pretty accurate so far other than Defensor missing Groove as a limb until the UW version hit.
>>
>>5390745

>expecting total G1 accuracy in CW

What are you on about I was simply stating that the feet are not predaking feet or some shit. I don't care about total accuracy or I wouldn't be purchasing cw in the first place.
>>
>>5390713
>Predaking

Not with these molds friend. Wait till part 3 of the wars
>>
>>5390721
Actuall y looking back now, The hands and feet are completely different the feet are huge blocks like the computron leaked images just with the cannons and the hands are same as computrons
>>
File: 2016-01-08 17.04.02.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08 17.04.02.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Despite the fact I ordered him 2 days after the combaticon limbs and the day after I ordered Onslaught, Legends Shockwave arrived today.

On his own, he's pretty good, aside from the fact his legs are kind of messed up, it feels like I either need to cut the tabs that make up his ironsight in gun mode or swap the legs around (which wouldn't work anyway because of the feet alligment)

But the gun mode handle shape ruins him.

thanks to the needless-square peg-round peg setup, most transformers can't hold him in gun mode because their fingers can't fit inbetween them, and the square peg is useless because every handfoot combiner thing I've tried him with, he's loose as hell and the square peg doesn't secure him.
>>
Any CW Onslaught or Scattershot store sightnings?
>>
File: skyreign demo.jpg (239 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
skyreign demo.jpg
239 KB, 960x1280
Liokaiser could potentially be the best cw figure, considering it uses new hands and feet. Rotating skylnx thighs with the claws facing forward and turning the tanks sideways will still let him have a faux knee bend while giving him better g1 accuracy

Plus it could be the tallest 5 core combiner due to extending the tanks back half forward giving it more height and the shoulder inward outward rotation on skylnx gives it quite nice articulation.
>>
>>5390824
i didn't see em in walmart today
>>
>>5390828
You know

if you flip Breakdown/Sunstreaker's and Dragstrip/Mirage's spoilers down in leg mode, it makes the combiner even taller
>>
File: deathkaiser.jpg (440 KB, 1499x1657) Image search: [Google]
deathkaiser.jpg
440 KB, 1499x1657
>>5390828
Better example tanks back half when side ways would fold back down giving leg extension
>>
>>5390824
I did not see them in Toys R Us today.
>>
>>5390824
I checked Toys R Us yesterday and Target today

not a single CW toy aside from the Prime limbs and Armada Megatron.
>>
>>5390846
Wait, why the hell are they using Air-Raid? 2 Skydives would make the arms look just like Leokaisers.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 700x394
Why is he so perfect?
>>
File: 1402463823685.jpg (16 KB, 429x367) Image search: [Google]
1402463823685.jpg
16 KB, 429x367
>>5390865
Because he's voiced by Ian James Corlett
>>
>>5390592
Press a silver sharpie against wheel. Spin wheel.
>>
>>5390863
Hasbro has a rule on molds where they have to use the same one multiple times, Air raid hasn't been used much other than g2 repaint same goes for skydive If I think about it. Taktom is light on the rule compared to hasbro
>>
>>5390879
But don't sneeze, you'll end up with a silverstreak.
>>
>>5390885
And the mayhem attack squad repaint.
>>
File: ironhide is disappointed.jpg (111 KB, 620x475) Image search: [Google]
ironhide is disappointed.jpg
111 KB, 620x475
>>5390865
>mutant heads will never ever come back
>>
File: 1425863236656.jpg (229 KB, 390x680) Image search: [Google]
1425863236656.jpg
229 KB, 390x680
>>5390894
Why would you WANT them back?
>>
>>5390894
But they sucked...
>>
>>5390865
Because he's arguably the first "modern" transformer. Laser Optimus is another contender, but I give Cheetor the edge for being in the first ever "deluxe" wave; and having articulation like double elbows, waist, and neck tilt is pretty impressive(even if its all incidental from transformation.)
>>
>>5390900
Scorponok's gas mask was cool.
>>
>>5390897
>>5390900

I like bio-mecha, sue me.

Hell, in some cases,like Tarantulas and Waspinator, the more known head IS the mutant head.
>>
>>5390902
>double elbows
What? They're not double jointed. They have a crazy deep bend though.
>>
>>5390916
Bio-mecha is neat.
>there will never be a deconstruction-style version of beast wars filled with body horror and gorey beast to robot transformations
feels bad man
>>
>>5390808
>people still complaining about the handle peg
It takes 2 seconds to remove.
>>
>>5390945
remove with what?

and some people say it puts too much stress on the usable peg after removing it.
>>
>>5390974
exacto knife
>>
>>5390929
They can "touch" the shoulders, which I count as a pseudo double elbow.
>>
>>5390982

Then you should've said psudeo double elbow, son.
>>
>>5390049

Damn I thought I had gotten away from TFs.

Still stoked.
>>
I actually can't tell if this thread is hype or butthurt over Liokaiser.
>>
>>5391016
Indifference, I know I'm not buying any more repaints/slight remold
>>
>>5391016
Pretty hype, will have him square off against mp starsaber, with 3rd party hands and feet or who knows maybe the new hasbro ones will be better but they will be the same height.
>>
So we're getting Liokaiser AND Computron, or only one of them?
>>
>>5391029
Both, box set releases 99 dollyroos
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 800x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 800x443
Why no voyager shockwave retool hasbro?
>>
>>5391016

Hype, because he looks cool and we never got him in the US AFAIK.
>>
>>5391047
Way too many parts. Would lit'rully go overbudget before the paint app budget was figured in.
>>
>>5391051
If it weren't for the torso he'd be perfect, and I already have enough CW figures, so I guess I'll get if if it includes unique hand/feet parts, and the special combiner weapons.
>>
>>5391061

We don't even know what the torso is going to be like yet. All we have is artwork, which probably isn't going to be accurate of the final product.

Cautiously optimistic is probably a good stance to adopt. Happy it's coming out, but bracing for something potentially retarded.
>>
File: ashura has high hopes.jpg (24 KB, 613x470) Image search: [Google]
ashura has high hopes.jpg
24 KB, 613x470
If the US is getting Liokaiser dos that mean that we're also getting MP Star Saber?
>>
>>5391066
If anything, Its leozak/jallugar hybrid for the torso

Beast mode will be deathsaurus homage. No idea about vehicle, maybe remolded into jet? hope the chest wings in torso are as long as the art depicts
>>
File: angersor.jpg (6 KB, 112x112) Image search: [Google]
angersor.jpg
6 KB, 112x112
>>5391075
>The English version of his bio is based on his IDW incarnation.
>>
File: 1408501160471.jpg (64 KB, 400x383) Image search: [Google]
1408501160471.jpg
64 KB, 400x383
>>5391086
>>
>>5391016
Mad, mad hype for me.

>>5391029
I believe both. It'd explain why Liokaiser is squaring off against Titan Masters in the art- he's gonna be released in Titan Wars. Computron, on the other hand, has been confirmed for US release as it has been found in TRU computer listings.
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 1024x641) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 1024x641
Brawl is by far the WORST figure in Combiner Wars
>this mold is getting used again for Computron and TWICE in Liokaiser
AHHHHHHHH
>>
>>5391098
he's fine if you get a good waist, got one with bruticus, but the chances of getting two that are fine are slim
>>
>>5391098

Hopefully by the time Liokaiser comes out they'll have fixed the mold a bit.
>>
>>5391106
name one CW mold that did that.

hip ratchets don't count.
>>
>>5391098
Implying you ever have CWs in solo robut modes except for when you take them apart for a minute only so you can put them back together while making a bunch of transformation noises.
>>
>>5391111
all the other molds didn't have a issue that severe
other than motormaster with the floppy shoulders in combined mode
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 251x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 251x180
>>5391118
>only so you can put them back together while making a bunch of transformation noises.
Fuck, you got me anon
>>
Any expect the Leokaiser individual robots to get their unique heads?
>>
File: 1438111129692.jpg (42 KB, 492x343) Image search: [Google]
1438111129692.jpg
42 KB, 492x343
>>5391129
>expecting effort
>from Hasbro
>in 2016
>mfw
>>
>>5391129
Doubtful but maybe by skipping leozak/jallugar they can use the budget on new heads
>>
>>5391111

So name a time they fixed a mold but don't name that time they fixed a mold?
>>
>>5391138
Liokaiser is probably being made because Takara would be the one pushing for it. They'd definitely have their respective heads because that's what Takara would do. Hasbro can also earn all those brownie points with the western market because "Japanese exclusive FIRST TIME IN AMERICA"
>>
>>5391119
Drag Strip's, Dead End's and Offroad's molds have unsecured floppy bits in arm mode

The Breakdown mold's spoilers don't lock down in arm mode

The Prime/Motormaster mold was a floppy mess everywhere and refuses to hold together in truck mode because the Combiner head is too big to fit inside the chest

Drag Strip's weapon is crap that doesn't properly mount anywhere

The Blackjack/Rodimus mold NEVER fits securely onto the Prime/Motormaster mold in torso mode
>>
>>5391147
But would Taktom really allow liokaiser to have a black head?
>>
>>5391150
That is a YMMV problem, my brawl is fine all of menasor is fine, I'll give you black jack but that was an easy fix
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.