[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
custom settings.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
What worlds have you crafted /tg/? I will post mine, and feel free to discuss it and even run away with it for your own use while you post your own for us to enjoy as well.
>>
In my setting the Not!Roman empire rules the mainland, with monsters lurking in the shadows but mostly kept hidden away by the power of these humans who have taken over. Out in the ocean, farther than sny boat bas ever gone, there are islands, small, craggy, and mostly barren. These islands were the cradles of the world. The gods each put a species split between two islands and each half had different cultures. Then the two cultures are pit against each other and the one the gods declare the winner gets to move on, but the losers are either all dead or trapped on an island that was once a fertle paradise rotting away and becoming a barren hell. The celtic themed nature loving losing side of the humans are still trapped, but then a pillar of obsidion falls from the sky and embeds into the tallest seaside cliff. When a special tribemember gets close to it, a great elder being, even older than thr gods contacts him/her, and they form a pact, that the elder being will free them from the island and help them get strong and they will worship him so he becomes strong again too. The celts travel to the mainland, and then the game starts.
>>
>>47320444
Yes, I just copy pasted this from a thread I posted it in. With the bit of feedback I got from that thread, I can add the second race. Small evil goblin inventors that gave the notRomans their architectural marvels like aqueducts and giant temples to the gods that chose them as the ones to survive on the mainland. The half left behind are huge less inteligent goblins that are good at more personal crafts. Swords, jewelry, baskets, those types of things.
>>
File: bee edited_1166.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1175) Image search: [Google]
bee edited_1166.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1175
>>47320417
I was working on a kids-friendly post-apocalyptic game called Irradiant, with confusable mutants, people preserved in giant sardine cans, glowing crystals that disgorge massive preserved meals, robot nannies that chase and incarcerate kids, etc.

Had a simple tag-based system - Good At/Bad At the following [tags].

The popularity of Fallout and Adventure Time made me feel the idea was derivative/overdone, so I quit.
>>
>>47320904
>>47320904
That would have been an acid trip of a game.
>>
>>47320904
It feels wretched when you start comparing your setting to something emergent that shares a lot of traits.
I suggest altering small details or simply pushing through--anything can be compared to something else.
>>
Either

>not!American colonies where PCs can explore, pirate, etc

Or

>Apocalypse-level event happens, court wizard whisks PCs and about 5,000 others from city to a new plane

Been futzing with both here and there. Taking notes, fleshing out continents. Sometimes ideas cross-pollinate, idk.
>>
>chinafornia
post-post apocalyptic society after massive catastrophe in the 40s, the Americas were recolonized by a unified Asia. The city states have since broken free from imperial rule and now life on the ruins of american civilization. To the soul the black oil horde (the descendants of Hawaiians) roam the LA valley. The setting has humans and humanity's descendants (several mutated species brought on by the apocalypse event) and a race of airborne reptilian like folk that came through the hexwall (a curtain past the sierras that bars entrance to the rest of the Americas).

So Chinese occult apocalyptic ruin diving bullshit. Also an overarching plot involving a massive wooden city of the gods called the growthcity my locals.
>>
File: image.png (353 KB, 693x518) Image search: [Google]
image.png
353 KB, 693x518
>>47321936
I like your style, anon. There's a lot of weird stuff you can build upon from the Mojave to Cascadia.

Couple of ideas:
>the Golden Gate Bridge was a magical 'circuit' around the Bay Area that kept something in or out.
>flotsam, wreckage, and a shoddy spot-weld have turned the Catalina Islands into a pirate haven called Nuevo Nassau.
>unified surviving Indian tribes have reclaimed Tacoma - their retractors seem to disappear, screaming as a blizzard whisks them away to the sound of massed hooves and distant chanting

Wish I could play, homie. Sounds like a blast.

Mistly because I'm a Californian ex-pat. Red & Gold till I die, tho.
>>
How does my setting sound like:

The Old World (main continent where the adventuring happens mostly) was pretty much apocalypse'd by a people who discovered magic and used it too much in wars between each other. The event basically tore the reality a new one and let all kinds of horrors from other planes loose on the Old World. Some of the surviving peoples fled overseas to a new continent and prospered there for a fifteen hundred years. The other people who stayed in the Old World didn't die off, but began slowly healing their cultures back to what they were (approximately) while fighting off all those monsters that had spawned. Every now and then some noble in the New World gets an idea to go exploring this old continent in hopes of adventure, treasures and glory, and that's how the game I intend to run soon will start.

Thoughts?
>>
Here's my setting I've been running for my group's pathfinder games:

Fantasy world, used to be ruled by dickbag elves and dragons, but one day multiverse shenanigans tore a hole in reality and brought in four unspeakable god monsters. These things wrecked face, and killing one of them killed all of the dragons and almost all the elves. So they locked em up.
Fastforward roughly seven thousand years, and now the world's got a bunch of races, the last living dragon is hiding under antartica, elves are still dicks, and cults worshiping the extradimensional horrors are attempting to release them. One of these cults has insinuated itself within the royalty of the country that the thing is trapped under, and they're going on a "bring back the roman empire" kind of deal, which has them trying to conquer their way up the continent. The PC's are running around in the country that's in the way of the conquest, and are trying to deal with horrorbeast shenanigans before it's too late.

Meanwhile, the dead horrorbeast, who's corpse is the moon and also a calciokinetic monster, might not actually be dead.

Additionally, the other PC party is over on the other supercontinent, fucking around with dipshit demons and trying to take over the world via commerce and the mail service.
>>
>>47321676
Having mechanized armor suits leave the pillot's cranium exposed is literally such a stupid design choice that it will never look cool, regardless of any other factors.
"Let's make a super complex and expensive piece of hardware and give it a singular, glaring, obvious weak point (dude's face) that's vulnerable to any and all small arms fire, and which, as soon as it is struck by the massed enemy fire it will attract, causes the hardware to be totally immobilized and subsequently captured or destroyed"
>>
I'm picking between two settings for my first game right now. Hogwarts but for Adventurers and a cape setting that is kind of based off One Punch Man
>>
>>47323120
I would play that so hard. Could I be a grumpy yet wise native american type person who just knows this is going to go poorly but is going with them anyway?
>>
I really want to run a game where the party are mercrnaries being paid to guard and assist a small band of religious nomads. The lead of this cult of personality is Pastor Clive. He and his flock are travelling to bring peace and betterment to all. The congregation also all handy handy skills to make money in towns they pass though. The party will help them gather holy relics and improve their lives while protecting them from monsters and other threats.

And when they find out Pastor Clive and his congregation are trying to summon their elder god back from the depths of time and space to devour three of the most widley worshiped gods who had stolen its pwer, I want to have made them so in love with the cultists that they would never even dream of not helping.
>>
>>47327647
Thanks!
>grumpy old native american
Why not, it would fit in very well.
>>
>>47327754
Sounds like a plot with actually cool twists in it, would play.
>>
>>47329629
Thank you plenty, glad to hear somebody likes it!
>>
>>47330458
Do you mind if I steal that plot? Because that would fit perfectly in my game.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.