[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be a good symbol for lost oppurtunities? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Planes_Innistrad_Preloader.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
Planes_Innistrad_Preloader.jpg
299 KB, 1920x1120
What would be a good symbol for lost oppurtunities?

I'm writing a dream scene for a plaadin in our party and it will consist of two symbols: lost time and lost oppurtunities. Lost time will be clocktowers with clocks ripped out. What about lost oppurtunities?

thanks
>>
Girls from their past they never pursued. Requests for help they turned down. Other professions they could have taken. e.g. flashbacks of stuff that didn't happen because they either accidentally or deliberately missed out
Perhaps images of a family they could have had with one of the farm-girls in their old town, etc.
>>
Nice, bot too obvious. Thatswhy clocktowers with clocks ripped out = lost time. I need a symbol.
>>
Broken bridges, locked gates, other such blocked off paths. You could emphasise them as past opportunities as opposed to future ones by having these paths close off behind the paladin as they passes or travels down them.

Personally I like my dream sequences to be fairly interactive in their imagery, so for lost time I would've gone for something like hourglasses that have run their course, but sand doesn't flow if they are flipped (or if they're still running, continue flowing from bottom to top) - if you want to keep the clock theme, stopped clocks that won't start even if you wind them.
>>
>>47318736
This is what I'm looking for. great work.
>>
File: 1462657860664.jpg (61 KB, 895x944) Image search: [Google]
1462657860664.jpg
61 KB, 895x944
Depends how edgy you're ok with going.
Stillborn babies have a fair few missed opportunities, so you could go the bloodborne root and just throw baby corpses everywhere.
Or if you want to go more vague just pick stuff personal to your players- one character's family home can be seen just up ahead, but as you get closer it begins to crumble away to dust ect.
Or, you know.
Really obvious would be having walls painted with things like "You could have saved her"
>>
>>47318786
Broken bridges and mass graves, full of stillborns?
>>
>>47318524
Maybe some kind of perishable food item that's visibly rotten in a sealed container?
>>
>>47318600

I'm afraid it would hit too close home for the players
>>
>>47318524
>Paladin wakes up in a fluffy bed
>"Daddy!"
>A small girl about age 6 runs from the doorway and launches herself onto the Paladin
>"Wakey, wakey! Daddy's being lazy again!"
>A 3.14pie wife stands at the doorway
>"[Insert daughter name] dear, get Daddy up and ready for breakfast.

At this point, the wife could be anyone from the Paladin's childhood sweetheart to their current leman. Add good potential outcomes of your missed plot hooks to the dream. And occasionally let the NPCs say out in a dead voice of the outcomes of those missed plot hooks.
>>
>>47318524
Autumnal imagery, which is already somewhat death-like to begin with, is a pretty good one. I would personally go with a garden with a lot of wilted flowers and a few healthy ones (the opportunities they DID take), things like that.
>>
A path where there are several roadblocks going towards separate paths with something visible in the distance
>>
>>47319552
OP here.

Still monitoring. Great symbolysm. Will take it.
>>
What about a vision of a great legend asking him to go on a hunt through a dream forest?

Durin the hunt, they will see a magnificent deer buck, so the legend will ask him to shoot at it. The Paladin will pull the string, and that sound will echo through the dream an scare the deer buck, making the whole forest fade away.

Something like that?
>>
>>47319873
Pull the bow string, that is
>>
Why ripped clocks? Wouldn't it be better if the clocktowers sank into the ground?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.