[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has any of your characters ever permanently (or semi-permanently)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: dragon_maleficent.jpg (104 KB, 808x752) Image search: [Google]
dragon_maleficent.jpg
104 KB, 808x752
Has any of your characters ever permanently (or semi-permanently) changed species entirely? Or used magic to change shape beyond some slight alterations? What about any villain or NPC you've run as a GM?
>>
File: 1455523910410.jpg (214 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1455523910410.jpg
214 KB, 600x620
Does playing a body-snatcher count? Because I played a magical girl who could survive outside of her body and steal the bodies of anyone with a "weaker spirit" than her... which was most normal humans considering the nature of the game. Towards the end of the game I ended up doing this alot because it pretty much completely mitigated any risks to suicide-rushing rushing enemies as long as I was willing to sacrifice someone else for it.

>MFW the rest of the party had a serious problem with me doing this.
>MFW when 2 of them died because they had no backup plans like I did.
>>
File: Voidjuden.png (105 KB, 417x468) Image search: [Google]
Voidjuden.png
105 KB, 417x468
My warrior got drunk with the local witch with the party tagging along, having a good old time in the hut.

He fell asleep next to the cauldron, fell against it and knocked it over, drenching him in the contents.

Woke up the next morning as a supermutant spider ala Starship Trooper arachnid, albeit with all his faculties intact sans the ability to speak. He found his true calling from Pelor as he gained the ability to (apparently) speak directly with the god and became a paladin.

It was a pretty wild ride.
>>
No, because GMs are paranoid about messing with what a player's chosen character is. It's getting a bit silly when it's at the point where the only time I've ever had a GM inflict crippling injury on a character is when using the crit charts from Only War.

We're talking scars here too. Not just losing an arm or an eye.

It's even worse when the GM doesn't have the townsfolk give the player shit for being a certain race. Half-orc in a dwarven settlement? Sure no problem.

I hate it.
>>
Yeah, had one character forcibly turned into a dragon against his will. It ended up being kind of magical realm.

Also separate game but another player's character turned into ooze.
>>
>>47094647

Sounds hot.
>>
>>47094555
>magical girl
you're tripgay
>>
>>47094630
>Literally had the last tiefling player I GM'd for lynched for not hiding his race when the party went into a major human city.

That players was sort of a That Guy though, and the rest of us were sorta deliberately trying to get him to quit.
>>
>>47094614

This is pretty great
>>
TFW still no story where Maleficent gets tamed in dragon form and has to serve as a steed.
>>
File: 1447254965126.jpg (193 KB, 700x929) Image search: [Google]
1447254965126.jpg
193 KB, 700x929
>>47094647
>ooze
>>
If I were to do this in a pathfinder homebrew would it be acceptable to just create a monster and handwave that they transformed rather than actually using a spell?
>>
>>47095429
Give it an action type and some limited uses based on a stat and call it a Racial Ability.
>>
File: 3rd party content.png (433 KB, 386x494) Image search: [Google]
3rd party content.png
433 KB, 386x494
>>47094671
>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!
>>
>>47095360
Well she was an ooze mage so it made sense, that eventually she turned into the stuff.
>>
>>47094506
Plenty of times, it aaaaall started back when he drank a potion of spider climbing and found it stupidly fun. Ever since then he's been a bit of a "connoisseur" of transformations and alterations, including turning into a wyrmling, wolf, horse, bulette, centaur, genderbending, as well as growing wings, taming a manner of chimeras, and becoming fast friends with an escaped morpher experiment. The only reason I haven't multiclassed into wizard for all the beautiful transmutation spells is because I can't think of an in-character reason for his interest to escalate from "I wonder what it's like to be like this" to "I want to learn the ins and outs of all this shit", though I figure it's only a matter of time.
>>
One of my characters might had counted: she was born a human, but she was turned into a goliath at the age of 2 after the effects of a curse. She didnt even knew she wasnt supposed to be a goliath, until she learned about it halfway in the campaign.
She was cool with it, though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.