[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, I'm trying to write an extremely easy rule system
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1422823018854.jpg (207 KB, 950x872) Image search: [Google]
1422823018854.jpg
207 KB, 950x872
Hey /tg/, I'm trying to write an extremely easy rule system for my lazy and stupid group. if you don't have anything better to do, give it a look and tell me what you think of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8 point for character creation divisible between
atk (governs any offensive action, strenght and damage dealt)
def (same defense oriented)
int (governs any mental skill and perception)
agl (everything that goes into movement, coordination and speed)

hp are determined simply adding def stat and the class bonus.

classes give access to specific skills (tbw) and give starting bonuses
fighter= +1 str, +1 def +2hp
whiz= +2 int
rogue= +2 agl, +1str +1 hp

every level advancement, characters can choose a single new skill or spell, or choose again one they already have to increase its level (tbw)
and they gain a total of 1+int/2 points that can be used to increase their stats. to increase a stat at 1 you need 1 point, a stat at 2 needs 2 points, and so on. hp is also increased this way.
>>
Use FAE
>>
>>43613041
there are two types of skills: active and passive. a character can equip a number of active skills equal to his level and a number of passive skills equal to his level/2

active skills can be used indefinitely, but need a turn of recharge.
passive skills are always active until the player switch them off or activates another passive skill, that overrides the one currently activated. if the

character have multiple passive skill slots, the player can choose what skill is overridden. activating a passive skill takes an action.

there are two types of spells: basic and great. a basic spell can be cast every day a number of times equal to the int stat. great spells can be casted
only a number of times equal to the character level/2, minimum 1.

every character gets 2 actions every turn. some skills or spells need both actions

to perform a difficult or out of the norm action action you need to make a check on the pertinent stat. roll1d10 and if you obtain a result equal or
inferior to the stat, the check is succesful. some skills can raise the number you need to roll or make some checks succeed automatically

when you roll a 10, you have a critical success. critical success doubles the effectiveness of the intended result. in case of critical attacks, it doubles
the damage, rounded down. a target that is attacked when inconscious or unable to move receives automatically a critical attack.
>>
>>43613078
hitting a target happens automatically if the target doesn't parry or dodge. targets in defensive stance take only half damage.
if the target dodges, the attacker does an atk stat check using the target's agl+1d10 as difficulty level
if the target parries, the attacker does an atk stat check using the target's def+1d10 as difficulty level
in case of critical success, the target can attempt to land an attack of opportunity. in case of critical failure, the taget is considered unable to move.
damage to the target is calculated by subtracting the def stat of the target+eventual bonuses from the atk stat of the attacker+eventual bonuses, and
then subtracting the result from the target hp.

characters can assume a guard stance. guard stance reduces turn actions by one but halves the physical damage received and makes attacks of
opportunity impossible. being tripped, disarmed, stunned etc break the guard stance.

attacks of opportunity can happen when a character is performing a noncombat action inside the reach of another character, when a character guard
stance is broken, or when a dodge/parry is a critical success (10). attacks of opportunity have -1 to hit and damage, but they can score a critical hit with 7+
>>
>>43613092
last one

act skills (sample):
disarm
stun target lose next turn
trip trip target
sunder break item or weapon (atk check)
debuff (various)
power attack +1 dmg lose hit (?)
piercing attack reduces armor bonus by 2
push enemy behind target loses 1 action
charge 1 free move
strike hit two near enemies( ups to three)
backstab auto critical
protect receive attack aimed at adjacent ally
first aid recover 1 hp to target or self. full turn
buff atk/def/agl/int

pass skills
resist (element) 50% chance of resisting (element) special effect
resist (status) same
guts character 30% chance revives with 1 hp
last resort can attack one last time when hp reaches 0
improved initiative/guard/dodge passes check with any result except 1
favored enemy
parry
counter
spells
heal recover 1 hp/recover fully one target
remove status remove 1 status/remove all status from area
(element) ray attacks at range with (element)/ deals dmg=int
(element) burst attacks area closeby with (element) (4squares)/ same
(status) ray
(status) burst
magic missile attacks at range regains a slot if crit (ups to multiple target)/ regain all int slots
magic shield blocks base spells damage
magic mirror reflects back base spells
armor up increase def by 1 (ups)
attack up (ups)
agl up (ups)
magic lung breathe and survive underwater/space for ten minutes/int
invisibility
polymorph
summon
detect life
detect magic
create undead
resist weather
teleport
exit
create item
create food
create magic item
death
resurrect
dimension door
>>
>>43613053
They won't listen. the fact alone its been published or have more than five pages makes it too hard for them
>>
>>43613133
Get a new group, your guys are a shit
>>
>>43613246
I can't, they're the only ones that can stand me when I'm drunk.
>>
>>43613133
lasers and feelings/chrome and punks
>>
>>43613296
Find new people that can stand you while drunk.

Or even better, dont show up to sessions drunk.

Or find an online group, hopefully they wont know you are drunk.

But seriously, if they wont make even the slightest effort then fuck em.
>>
>>43613041
use gurps lite
>>
How about this one, only uses a d10.

https://docsDOTgoogle.com/document/d/1GVEL9V_Qg [REMOVE THIS] kqnq35rgYd2WcIwCyAP3Am_bY9Y0DyMyf8/edit?usp=sh [REMOVE THIS] aring
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.