[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>'What did he say about the Prince of Crows?’ he asked.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Night_lords.jpg (3 MB, 4936x2295) Image search: [Google]
Night_lords.jpg
3 MB, 4936x2295
>'What did he say about the Prince of Crows?’ he asked.
>‘That Sevatar wasn’t killed.’

>The words brought the ghost of a smile to the prophet’s lips. ‘That is an entertaining fiction. Every Legion has its conspiracies and myths. The Eaters of Worlds claim that one of their captains is the chosen of a bloodthirsty god.’..

>Kharn IS the chosen warrior of Khorne
>thus Sevatar is still alive

Can we all agree to this?
>>
File: 300px-Sevatar.jpg (57 KB, 300x342) Image search: [Google]
300px-Sevatar.jpg
57 KB, 300x342
>>43580565
I never rdoubted him
>>
File: image.jpg (806 KB, 2057x957) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
806 KB, 2057x957
>>43580565
Where is he then? If he's alive but doing nothing, then whats the point.

I subscribe to the version of NL that holds them as a once loyal, hardworking Legion that degenerated over a relatively short period of time. As Kurze withdrew and succumbed to his own personal demons - so too did the Legion. But there were still Terrans, and non-criminal Astartes in those ranks. With the leadership failing from the top down, the criminals and degenerates were able to run rampant, and the Legion began to rot.

There was still honor and whatnot buried deep within the heart of that Legion though. There were still Astartes that believed in the Crusade. Perhaps they were outnumbered and marginalized, but they were there.

Night Lords are just another tragic tale of disappointment and what might have been. 40k is full of that stuff. I like their faults, and the contrast they have with what an Astartes was supposed to be. Sevatar is part of it. Hopefully he is not still alive, and is resting in peace with his brothers.
>>
>>43581149

Kurze never bother to purge his Legion like his brothers did. I am sure some had misgivings about the direction the legion was taking but all indicates that the vast majority even among the terrans just when along with it.
>>
>>43580607
>This guy walks up to you in the Atramentar quarters and slaps you on the ass
Wat do?
>>
File: Jago Sevatarion.jpg (221 KB, 850x1074) Image search: [Google]
Jago Sevatarion.jpg
221 KB, 850x1074
>>43580565
He still lives.
>>
Isn't the prevailing fan theory that Sevatar is one of the founding Grey Knights?

I haven't read "The Emperor's Gift" (or whichever book alludes to it), but the evidence is usually presented as a statue or something mentioning traitor-motivations.
>>
>>43582281

I don't see Servatar joining the Grey Knights for any reason. Why and how could he?
>>
>>43582281
>Sevatar is one of the founding Grey Knights
>Jago "Death to the false emperor" Sevatarion
>founding Grey Knights
>>
>>43582576
Muh redemption?
Just a way to stay alive?
Captured and forced to work forthe big I?

Would still be rad though.
>>
>>43582281
>>43582461
>>43582576
>>43582606
Actually Fel is more likely to be the NL founder.
>>
>>43582281
The statue of Grandmaster Khyron of the Eighth brotherhood. Here is the relevant quote:

>The statue on the eighth plinth showed a warrior in the same armour of blood jade as his brothers, one boot lifted to rest on a sculpted boulder. He carried a nemesis halberd, the spearpoint thrust into the plinth itself, letting him lean upon it with casual indifference. Whatever features he possessed in life were hidden beneath his helm, which in turn was weathered to near smoothness by time’s touch.
Khyron

>Grand Master of the Eighth Brotherhood

>‘Already, you exalt me for my triumphs,

>When I ask only that you remember me for my treacheries.

>Victory is nothing more than survival.

>It carries no weight of honour or worth beyond what we ascribe to it.

>If you wish to grow wise, learn why brothers betray brothers.’

>I’d never understood the words, though they’d always fascinated me. Was the truth behind the inscription locked in the inner sanctum’s archives, secreted away only for the eyes of our leaders? Who could say? We had as many legends of our brotherhood’s founding lord as there were stars in the night sky. The champions he’d slain, the wars he’d won, the daemons he’d banished – who knew how much had been twisted through the centuries? Even our records, meticulous as we liked to believe them, still suffered from human error when inscribed, and a great deal of our records were sequestered by knight-lords and our Inquisitorial masters.
>>
>>43582887

>Eight Brotherhood
>Remember me for my treacheries
>learn why brothers betray brothers

Holy shit, this and the description of the statue sounds a lot like Sevatar.
>>
>>43582606
>>43582576
>>43582281

A traitor twice over, its an interesting concept.
>>
>>43582979
Could be any night lord really
>>
>>43582979
Then again, it's ADB's job to confirm that.
>>
>>43582979
Well it sounds a bit heavy handed. But this is ADB so, it could go either way.
>>
>>43583103

With a halbred-type weapon, sure.
>>
>>43582887
SEVATAR
CONFIRMED
>>
>>43581349
Watch where he puts his spear
>>
FUCKING CONFIRMED
GET READY
GET HYPE
CLEGENBOWL
>>
File: 1425997522390.png (25 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
1425997522390.png
25 KB, 510x546
>>43584505
>only Sevatar used chainglaives
>>
>Whether by genetic legacy or simple habit, a great many Eighth Legion warriors would stare in autistic silence, gazing at those they were speaking to.
>autistic silence
Do we need any more proof that ADB is our guy?
>>
>>43588089
>With sincerest thanks to Heresy-Online; the Bolthole; Dakka Dakka; thegreatcrusade.co.uk; the elegan/tg/entlemen; the unexpectedly polite WarSeer; and the mighty Bolter & Chainsword.
>>
>>43588221
He even looks like one of us, doesn't it?
>>
>>43588258
>it
>>
>>43582887
>>43582979
>>43587238

I love how people all go on abaout saying Sevatar was one of the founding lords of the grey knights, and yet they forget to mention that he himself is the one who first pronounced the words "death to the false emperor"

Sevatar is not a grey knight Lord. If he outlived the eheresy, he's not up to anything good
>>
Wasn't Sevatar last seen being captured by Dark Angels? It would be just the right shade of grimderp for Lion El to be merciful towards traitors.
>>
>>43588838
>Wasn't Sevatar last seen being captured by Dark Angels?
Is anybody currently working on continuing his story?
>>
>>43589615
ADB obviously. It's his character.
>>
>>43588221
truly ourest of guys
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.