[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Finder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: 1365208794506.jpg (62 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1365208794506.jpg
62 KB, 500x434
>Player/GM
>System
>Timezone and Availability
>Method of Play/Text or Voice
>Contact info
>Additional information
>>
>>46671585
>Player/GM
GM

>System
Heroes unlimited from palladium!

I'm eastern time zone but keep funky hours, ill work with the majority of the group

Text

>Contact info
Drop me an email and ill send you an invite into the discord

>Additional information
Story driven supers game, super role play heavy, mechanics will be taking a side seat! Game will be used to run stories and establish characters.
ERP and other lewd things will be on the side, and are encouraged
>>
>>46671826
[email protected]
>>
>>46671826
Man, part of me wants to play a supers game, but then I don't have many days free for a new game
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
TBD. Savage Worlds is looking likely. WoD is also on the table. As is Apocalypse World.
http://piratepad.net/8uEGsFaMxE
IRC, Text
>Contact info
The_Storyteller
Rizon IRC Server
Channel: #/tg/_erp
>Additional information
If you haven't figured it out by now, this is an ERP game. The pirate pad will update periodically as more is planned. Right now, I'm just checking to see if anyone is interested.
>>
>>46672150
Email sent
>>
>>46672207
>If you haven't figured it out by now, this is an ERP game.
Thanks for telling me beforehand. I appreciate that.
>>
>>46672246
I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>46671826
[email protected]
>>
>>46671826
[email protected]

I'll see what days you can do
>>
>>46672207
What will it entail? Will It be a problem if I am not familiar with the systems?
>>
>>46673253
also for
>>46671826
>>
>>46673253
No, the ones I listed are pretty easy to learn. It definitely won't just be ERP. There will likely be some combat, some story, etc etc. A slightly less extreme version of Corruption of Champions.
>>
>>46671826
[email protected]
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
Pathfinder, D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Shadowrun 5e
EST,Saturdays and Sundays are best
Either Text or Voice
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
I'm mildly addicted to playing RPGs and my previous online group all disappeared, so I need a group to quench my RPG thirst
>>
>>46673442
Sees interesting. Are you newcomer friendly, though?
>>
>>46673530
Yes.
>>
>>46673253
Not knowing the system is not a big deal, I'm mor than happy to hand hold until you're comfortable. It's going to be mostly story telling with combat once every couple sessions. Skills are actually only for under pressure.

It's going to be a game to establish characters and run some stories. Whatever the players decide to do really.
>>
>>46671826

When you say ERP what kind of ERP?
>>
>>46673555
Sounds good. I'll try and log in on the irc within half an hour.
>>
>>46673637
Nothing SUPER hard core but I'm open to a lot of things.
>>
>>46673690

if it's just text then I guess I can try it out. [email protected]
>>
>>46671826
[email protected]
can give it a try
>>
>>46671826
[email protected]
>>

>>
>>46671826
[email protected]
>>
>>46684549
No, THIS is how you bump
>>
>Player/GM
GM

>System
Homebrew Naruto System

>Timezone
Monday, Wednesday, Friday. 8 to 10 pm Central.
Not expected to join in every session, but must try to get in on at least one, preferably two of the three days.

>Method of Play
Text

>Contact Info
[email protected]

> Additional Information
Not 100% Naruto, has bits of early Dragonball in the pool and lots of customized fluff. No Naruto knowledge needed to play.

Roleplay skill level is any, we have newbies to experienced in the group, though nobody is perfect, obviously.

Laidback Group, they can tend to be very OOC between the game days in a kind of "We play Pkmn Red/Blue on the Elementary Playground" kind of way.

Lots of joking shit talk.

Have to be good at working with a sandbox setting, a go getter for your own goals, even if they are not combat-related given we have a lot of social rp between the seriousness of missions and wars.

Probably a ton more, but I'm on a phone right this moment and can't think of anything elde worth bringing up without personal inquiry.
>>
>open game finder thread
>ctrl+f 'GURPS'
>0 results
>close tab
>>
>>46690497
Oh shit. I did forget some important parts!

It's not typical in sessions, you sort of preemptively determine a location or goal you wish to do during that part of the day.

Like a long turn. Very flexible and why you don't need to be at every session and keep up well.

Also only looking for 1 player, I couldn't get anyone else to join in this time, after 7 games my oldies are starting to slowly retire.

Game is 11 players (12 total.)
It sounds like a logistic mess, but my second NTT was up to 23 players. I can steer.
>>
File: 89483084.png (12 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
89483084.png
12 KB, 640x560
Bump.
>implying this will keep the thread going
>implying I'll post my info
>implying anyone plays /tg/ on /tg/ anymore
>implying the potential of fun with new friends
>>
>>46691089
I'd post your info if I had it
>>
>>46691955
Bump from page nine.
Again.
>>
>>46690529
>autist enters the thread
>leaves thread
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
Where can I find one of those play by post custom universe/system RPGs that frequently appear in greentexts? It sounds pretty fun to try a custom system for forum based RP, but all google really gives me is freeform garbage
>>
>>46690529
That is why you put what you prefer in the >system spot
>>
>>46690529
>GURPS
Player or GM, senpai?

I want to play GURPS
>>
>Dungeon World
>Drow city (Vhaeraun worshiping separatists in an isolated region)
>No ERP
>Most likely text, small chance of voice, probably Roll20.

Any remote interest at all?
>>
>>46696895

Are you running it? I'd give it a try.
>>
>>46696980
Maybe, I'm testing waters for interest first. Some folks around here don't like DW.
>>
>>46696895
I'd give it a shot.
>>
>>46696980
>>46698069
I don't have much hopes for this thread staying up, feel sorta shitty right this second, but have notes and can whip up some documents, etc., while I'm doing real actual work tomorrow.

If you wanna give it a shot, slide me your contact info. If the ideas sound cool then I guess I can set a date (probably two weeks, semester and all that), if not...I can pull up more detailed info to fish for players next thread or something.
>>
snatched from the jaws of page 9 once more

when did /tg/ become such a fast board
>>
>>46699999
those digits doe
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Gurps
Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays afrwe 7pm
Text
>Contact info
https://discord.gg/0x7pS4WbaGzS8rd1
>Additional information

I'm not sure exactly what I'll run, but I'm leaning towards something generic fantasy.
>>
>>46700953
*7pm est
>>
I hate the fact that tg has become so shit that these threads die <50 poss
>>
>>46702527
they're not quests, so they don't get attention.
>>
>>46702566
Quests and generals are the only things that get bumped nowadays it's literal fucking cancer
NipMoot has been good at cleaning up some of the worst cancer but we still needs that goddamned quest board
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Double Cross
EST, Afternoons and evenings on Wednesdays and weekends
Probably text for RP shit with voice for combat
>Contact info
I will post a temporary Discord link to whoever replies with interest
>Additional information
Being a weeb greatly will help you to appreciate the game
>>
Having a work schedule that changes every month and sometimes sooner without warning is suffering
>>
File: 1460252868140.jpg (481 KB, 900x1074) Image search: [Google]
1460252868140.jpg
481 KB, 900x1074
>Player/GM
Player
>System
Dnd 5th, Pathfinder, any of the 40k
EST/CST, based in Aus, used to American Times
Roll20
>Contact info
>Additional information
Been GMing and would like to play on the side
>>
>>46696835
If he ain't posting, he's a player.
>>
File: quests.png (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
quests.png
2 MB, 1024x768
>>46702597
>>46702566
>>
File: doa2.jpg (228 KB, 1228x651) Image search: [Google]
doa2.jpg
228 KB, 1228x651
>Player/GM
Alternating, either looking to play a male character or find someone to play a party of dumb, busty adventuresses. Really just looking for one person to play with since I have trouble keeping to a set timetable.

>System
Ideally something light, I have a few homebrew systems as well.

GMT+7

Text

>Contact info
>Additional information

Interested in concepts that borrow from anime, (high school/mecha/harem/etc) with optional lewdness/emphasis on full-bodied girls.
Can learn systems where necessary.

Skype is Frocto, but I can provide other contact methods if necessary! I'm an advanced writer and have years of experience playing rpgs, so someone who can match me would be really good. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
>>
Fucking bump.
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Dark Heresy
EST; weekends and late night weekdays.
Voice, players with webcams preferred
>Contact info
Gathering interest for now.
>Additional information
We will be playing over Roll 20. Players will be acolytes under a (likely) hardline inquisitor dispatched to audit the Cardinal Knights and provide a comprehensive list of heresies and scandals for the inquisitor herself to judge. Combat will be a part of the campaign, but will not be the focus. Players will need to tread carefully; while no mandatory combat will tpk the party, the wrong decisions and effectively aggravating the wrong people can result in extremely difficult if not impossible combats

The Cardinal Knights: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Cardinal_Knights
I have no idea where the creation threads are in the archives.
>>
>>46703174
Can you do Saturdays? If so, I might be interested. Never really played Double Cross before, but I've heard good things about it.

Anything you have in mind concerning the setting or the kind of game this'll be yet?
>>
>>46708847
>Dark Heresy, you've got my interest
>Voice, thank fuck I hate text games
>Possibly one of the most metal Chapters fa/tg/uys have made with the creation tables, being an Ultrasmurfs succesor chapter that basically says 'Fuck the Codex' and LITERALLY takes out the hearts of their enemies, augments them, and then shove them into their own chest cavities. Yea... they are kinda crazy.
>All interest lost
All of /tg/s homebrew chapters are beyond garbage.
>>
>>46703174
I'm interested.
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
DnD 3.5e
>Time available (Incl. Timezone)
Flexible
>Voice or Text
Voice
>Method of playing (Roll20, IRC, Skype)
Any.
>Additional information
I would like to test out some of the necromancer classes that 3.5 offers, but im flexible to what the group needs.
>>
Is there even any point for players to post here?
I mean, if a GM has spots available, is willing to recruit people online and browses /tg/, surely they'd post, themselves.
Is it just to gauge interest?
>>
>>46710957
gms aren't always willing to put the effort into putting up ads. Just as players aren't always willing to put up effort into putting up a l4g ad. Giving fucks is a two way street, and it does help gauge interest
>>
>>46710957
I picked some players up from here in the past, and, surprisingly, one wasn't terrible. It's pretty convenient to see a listing with players.
>>
>>46711022
I'm jelly, anon. The players I get from these threads almost always turn out to be cock obsessed murderhobos who can't keep a schedule for shit.
>>
>>46711191
I picked up a load of guys from here in some of my past games, We've just wound down from a big campaign and are just chilling, Had the whole group for over a year (Well april for one of them) and nearly 2 years for the rest of them.
>>
>>46708847
I'm definitely interested. Don't have a webcam, though. I'd be either an Arbitrator or Assassin. Interesting premise.
>>46709521
The chapter actually sounds batshit and heretical. There's probably tons of dirt for the players to dig up and exposing a corrupt successor chapter beats rooting up another cult. Plus, the presence of space marines that could turn out to be hostile will keep players on their toes. Or get us killed quick when someone fucks up.
>>
>>46703174
#5322 on Discord, been dying to play another 2x game.
>>
Saved from page 8
>>
people should post more games.
>>
>>46714617
Why don't you host a game
>>
>>46708847
Sounds interesting, I've been having a craving for some Dank Heresy lately. Sundays are probably off-limits for me, but other than that cool. One question though, which edition?
>>
>Player/GM
Preferably Player, could GM if needed to.

>System
I'm interested in Chronicles of Darkness, specifically Beast and Demon, and also Call of Cthulhu. Also, I'm up for almost any FATE game, though I would need to be pitched something.

MDT, Sundays-Tuesdays

Voice.

>Contact info
My Skype is vorpal.james
>>
>>46702597
A lot of it has to do with there being better places to LFG. Places that don't require sharing personal data with anonymous board. No matter how irrational that sentiment is, it's there.

Generals are active because people who post there usually have a game running. Quests are run by a small tight knit group (as tight as anonymous group can be anyway) of fa/tg/uys. No need to exile them. Just filter quests and generals out if it's not your thing. You can still filter generals you care about back in.
>>
>>46715896
>You can still filter generals you care about back in
How do you do this anyway?
>>
>>46715937
So, filter system does not filter threads that it has already filtered.

Create filter with "shadowrun" (insert your own preference), I'm pretty sure you don't even need to do anything with it just make sure it above next filter and active.
Create filter with "general" and set it to hide.

Now the only thread with general in it that shows up should be /srg/. Insert more filters above general one if you care about more than one general.
>>
>>46671585
>player
>any
>edt
>skype/roll 20
> i want to play an SOL themed game
>>
>>46709458
>>46709536
>>46712238
https://discord.gg/0xEIYWinh6DJDBuq
>>
All these damn text games.
>>
>>46718064
I feel ya
>>
>>46709521
>>46711928

yeah the second anon basically has it down pat. It's meant as a high stakes alternative to the norm.

>>46715677
Second Edition - I really dislike the first... It feels rather clunky (especially the class system) when compared to 2e.

if other people are interested, I may actually run that game.
>>
File: 1455402375783.jpg (93 KB, 1092x437) Image search: [Google]
1455402375783.jpg
93 KB, 1092x437
>Player/GM
Player. Maybe willing to GM.
>System
Familiar with D&D, Shadowrun and NWoD but willing to learn more
>Timezone and Availiability
GMT+10 Sunday through Tuesday. I can do evenings on America time.
More comfortable GMing through text but I'm happy to do voice
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
Hypothetical games I'm interested in running:
D&D adventurers building up a shitty hamlet into a proper city surrounded by haunted forest.

An undead campaign.

Flying ships and floating islands.
>>
>>46720236
Got a discord or something? I could probably talk a friend or two of mine into joining. I'm the anon that wants to be an arbitrator or assassin.
>>
>>46708847
Interested - but timing could be difficult because I'm JST and would only be able to play weekends and occasionally weekdays
>>
>>46721355
>>46721559
Go ahead and message me on roll20
https://app.roll20.net/users/294110/absterben

We'll see how the interest and scheduling goes
>>
>>46720497
>those suggestions
Why not all three at once?
>>
>>46723765
>Undead PCs must turn their floating haunted forest into a powerful, thriving necropolis.

I can dig it.
>>
>>46724274
That does sounds like it'd be fun.
>>
Do people have any good experiences from these threads? I'd love to hear them. Found cool groups that you still play with? Campaigns that span years?
>>
>>46725472
Yes, but you have to be extremely picky. Bail at the first sign you're joining That Group.
>>
>>46720497
Undead PCs building a necropolis? I'd be up for that. What edition are you thinking?
>>
>>46720497
Reeeeeally liking the idea of an undead campaign. Sounds like a really fun concept.
>>
>>46725472
Snagged a great group of players on my first try. That's PROBABLY because I was advertising for a very niche game, which means that even That Guys have to cool their jets if they want a game for it.
>>
>>46725472
Most games flake, but I did find a GM who I stuck with for about 2 years
>>
File: 1458685661019.jpg (88 KB, 600x883) Image search: [Google]
1458685661019.jpg
88 KB, 600x883
>>46725472
I stumbled upon a game that I think is the most mileage I ever got out of DnD on here. Far from perfect, of course, as these things tend to be with a novice GM and a bunch of strangers, but it's been improving steadily. Flakes and small breaks aside, it's been going for most of a year now and is definitely a positive experience.
>>
>>46725472
I was just randomly picked up here by, a player, for the best game/group/GM i ever run with. It lasted for almost a year, but the GM got tired and decided to play something else so i left.
>>
File: 1434910250967.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1434910250967.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
I know it's probably pointless but, here goes.

>Post timezone,

EST (GMT -5), but I have been playing with a group in GMT +! for the past 2 years so I can be flexible.

>days available,

Weekends are typically best, but I can make weekdays work depending on times. I have a student schedule.

>GM or Player,

Player. I have GM'd before, but that went to shit so I'm doing this to get experience.

>System(s) you're looking for,

I want to do some generic fantasy, don't really care about system. All I've known is Shadowrun, with a bit of D&D 4e, Only War, and Black Crusade too (though I don't enjoy Warhammer very much). Exalted looks like fun.

>Contact Info

Or post here.

>other details.

I just dropped my SR group that I ran, and my GM for another SR game just got bored and walked out on us. I really want to try something else for a change, since the constant bickering I've had in SR groups has turned me off from it for now. I wouldn't mind doing a rotational GM thing, but I'm not a terribly good GM.
>>
>>46725472
I've had one good group come from here about two years back. Brazilians, hilariously. Every other game I attempt to start is either never began or ruined shortly by angry autisms.
>>
File: dwarf fighter.jpg (76 KB, 540x669) Image search: [Google]
dwarf fighter.jpg
76 KB, 540x669
>Player/GM
Player

>System
Pathfinder (would love to be in a Rise of the Runelords game >.>)

GMT+1, its super hard for me to commit to specific days, as my shifts change from week to week, however I do have several days a week off, its just a matter that would need to be discussed at the end of a session.

I can do both, I prefer text but a voice game wouldn't hurt. I'm super used to using Skype and

>Contact info
[email protected]

>Additional information
Happy to work on an interesting and in depth character with the GM in order to make for interesting plot hooks and so forth... Building three dimensional characters is my favourite part of the hobby!
>>
>>46716875
In case that link dies before you get a chance to see it:

https://discord.gg/0xEIYWinh697MC4B

Also, unrelated, but my CAPTCHA is STOP ELEN

Elen, I trust you know who you are
>>
>>46728671
TOO LATE
GOD HELP US
>>
>>46728671
You can put up infinite duration links. Just generate that and wait.

-love, Ellen
>>
>>46728671
I'm eating right now, but once I get back to my computer I'll hop on and see if there's still space.
>>
>>46725472
Found my static group after posting as a player. Most of us are from /tg/, found via gamefinder threads over time, one person was a friend of someone from /tg/ and another was picked up via Roll20. You build a little network of people and handpick the good ones out, it just takes time.
>>
File: 1431782875980.jpg (77 KB, 506x992) Image search: [Google]
1431782875980.jpg
77 KB, 506x992
>>46671585
>>Player/GM
Player
>>System
Flexible to what you're willing to teach me. Have played EotE, Exalted (pls no), CoC, 3.5/4e/5e, Dark Heresy (pls no)
>>Timezone and Availability
EST, I work a 9-5 that can be a 7-3 if I know ahead of time
>>Method of Play/Text or Voice
Voice preference
>>Contact info
>>Additional information
Just had to move for my job so I'm newly friendless, help a forever DM out?
>>
>Player/GM
Player. Players seldom seem to get contacted here, but I don't care. I can also GM, but I'm looking to play a game.

>System
I have played D&D (2e, 3.5e, 4e, and while I have not played it, I have the books for 5e), Pathfinder, World of Darkness (Old, New, and Chronicles), Shadowrun (4e and 5e), Traveller, Dark Heresy, Only War, Black Crusade, Deathwatch, WHFRP (2e), Exalted (2e), Scion, L5R, Adeptus Evangelion, and Eclipse Phase.

I have GMed D&D (2e and 3.5e), Pathfinder, Only War, Rogue Trader, World of Darkness (Old and New), WHFRP (2e), Exalted, Traveller, Pendragon and Shadowrun (4e).

I am pretty flexible as to what systems I'll play, that list is just to show what I have done before. I am willing to learn new systems. I would really enjoy playing Exalted, as I haven't done that for a while, but I'm fine with any other system. Well, there are some obvious systems that I don't want (FATAL, etc.), but I doubt that very many people would run that.

I am in EST. I am available on weekends and Tuesdays. Afternoons and evenings are preferred.

I am more experienced with voice, but I will use text if it is necessary. Skype is what I usually use, but I am fine with anything.

>Contact info
[email protected]

>Additional information
I don't ERP. I am fine with joining an ERP-y group, but I won't join in with the ERP-ing. If it is a group with the sole purpose of ERP, then I am not interested.
>>
>>46700953
I'm up for it.
>>
>>46729700
how was that email address not already taken?
>>
>>46730187
It is now.
>>
>>46730187
Everybody assumed it was taken.
>>
>>46726410
Dang isn't that the plot to Overlord?
>>
>>46708847
Still looking for players. I have two so far.
>>
>>46731544
You might want to decide on a game time before saying that. Times need to be nailed down before getting a full group
>>
>>46731622
Fair. Right now we're looking towards friday nights, est.
>>
>>46731526
Well, evil always DOES find a way so...
>>
>>46731652
You doing Roll20 voice or skype?

Or some other crime against humanity voice system?
>>
>>46731669
>>46731671
Most likely skype, slim chance of roll20 if it works and we have players with webcams. I think I threw my roll20 profile somewhere up this page. Contact me if you're interested.
>>
>>46731669
Whoops, didn't mean to reply to you in that post
>>
>>46725472
i found my favoite group thanks to this thread.
>>
Bumping again.
>>
>>46671585

>>Player/GM
Player

>>System
Would love to try D&D, Pathfinder, anything WH related. As long as GM is being helpful in first hours I will probably play anything.

UTC +1
Firday and Saturday night

Either text or voice.

>>Contact info
send me a message on email
[email protected]

>>Additional information
As you probably guessed I m looking for my first group ever. I live in a small place so I did not have a chance to play any tabletop game. As long as GM understands that and gives me some explanations and help I would gladly play.
>>
File: 1389402096503.jpg (97 KB, 470x527) Image search: [Google]
1389402096503.jpg
97 KB, 470x527
Finding a new group after my group of 6 years crumpled is difficult. Its like learning how to date again. I'll probably never find another group so comfortable and accepting of my whore ways.
>>
File: 1386831917300.png (53 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1386831917300.png
53 KB, 625x626
>>46737413
>>
>>46737413
I'll accept all of your whore ways anon~
>>
File: 1458067911189.jpg (143 KB, 736x1137) Image search: [Google]
1458067911189.jpg
143 KB, 736x1137
>>46726410
D&D 5e
>>46723765
You're a visionary
>>46726435
Message me then brah
>>
>>46737906
>D&D 5e
And dropped
>>
>>46737922
you're garbage
>>
>>46737413
What system? What's your availability
>>
>>46738093
I suppose I might as well fill one out.

>Player/GM
Player
>System
Have played D&D 3.5, PF, Shadowrun, Dark Heresy, among others. Willing to learn new systems as necessary.
CST. I work 4-5 days a week, usually getting home around 8PM on work days.
Text prefered
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
ERP and non-ERP friendly, house broken, all shots and vaccines are up to date.
>>
>>46738324
ew text
>>
>>46671826
[email protected].
I've wanted to play a supers game forever.
>>
File: le conspiring hands.jpg (18 KB, 386x306) Image search: [Google]
le conspiring hands.jpg
18 KB, 386x306
>>46738324
>shots and vaccines are up to date.
goy detected

would not game with
>>
>>46739406
>Le antivax retard man.
>>
>wanting to play roleplaying Games
>on /tg/
>>
File: sadorc.png (278 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
sadorc.png
278 KB, 700x700
First time posting in one of these threads.

>Player/GM
player
>System
dnd 5e preferred
pacific time, always available
roll20 with text would be nice, I don't mind using voice but I feel like I would make an ass out of myself if I didnt see what I was saying before saying it
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
my LGS is really exclusive and cliquey, it would be nice to find some cool dudes to play with on /tg/

also I like to draw /tg/ related stuff like sad orcs
>>
>>46743599
I want you to know that if you drew that there sad orc that i have saved it.
>>
File: 1407058596090.png (169 KB, 249x305) Image search: [Google]
1407058596090.png
169 KB, 249x305
>>46720497
hey m8, sounds interesting, emailing.
>>
>>46743599
>roll20 with text would be nice, I don't mind using voice but I feel like I would make an ass out of myself if I didnt see what I was saying before saying it
That's half the fun though.
>>
>>46737906
Why not 3.5? It has much better rules and splats for an evil undead campaign.
>>
>>46747663
>implying any even remotely sane person would want to use the 3.5 evil splats for anything other than kindling
>further implying undead campaign means evil campaign
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>Player/GM
Gm
>System
Shadowrun Homebrew
AEST (UTC +10)
Voice
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
We are looking for an age rage of late teens to early adult. Australian preferred.
>>
don't die yet
>>
>>46747705
how homebrew is your shadowrun? What time of day aussie time do you play?
>>
>>46671826
Damn, too slow. Sounds marvellous.
>>
>>46750494
Mechanics of shadowrun, With self made lore and a space setting. We would play generally anytime weekends.
>>
>>46747705
hey im really interested in this but i am gay (homosexual) is that going to be a problem?
>>
>>46751448
Or, you know, you could not go out of your way to share the fact that you're gay and you'll never have a problem.
>>
>>46747705
What's the setting/theme? I can do Aussie hours.

>>46751448
fucking kek, chill man
>>
>>46751448
Well you seem to be trolling, but no, its just important you are not autistic, and good for Australian hours.
>>
>>46751524
Sci Fi Cyberpunk, think blade runner with space travel. Game will be played sandbox style, I prefer to be hands off with the players fun.
>>
>>46751583
Sent you an email homie.
>>
Not expecting much, but here goes:

>Player/GM
Player
>System
Any, although I'm interested in CoC or D&D.
UTC + 9, From 12pm to 5am.
Text only.
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
I've never played before, however I do have a minimal background in roleplaying as I've briefly touched on RP in multiplayer vidya before.
>>
>>46752180
Jesus fucking Christ stop posting your barbaric timezones and adhere to what God and Queen intended.
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Eclipse Phase
PST, available from 8pm my time to 2am, any day of the week, but weekends preferred. Probably going to be a week or two, mostly gauging interest right now.
Text through Roll20. Sorry, no mic.
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
Game will not be Firewall focused, and will take place in the inner system. Previous experience with the system, setting, or even roleplaying in general not required. I'll help you!
>>
>>46753138
Interested in the game, but I'm in college for a few hours. When I get home I'll reply with my info. (Related note, I fucking hate the captcha shit on my phone).
>>
Player/GM

Player.

>System

I only really know how to play 5e, but if you're willing to direct me to some of the material and deal with a beginner I'm willing to give anything a shot.

EDT I am only unavailable all day Saturday and Wednesday as well as until Thursday evening

Roll20 is what I have the most experience with. I'd prefer voice with camera since that's what I'm used to but I'm willing to try out something else. I'd prefer to have at least voice though.

>Contact info
e-mail: [email protected]
>>
>>46753528
Have you turned on legacy captcha in your settings?
>>
>>46671585

Hey gamefinder, I just wanted to put this out there--- both to bump and to try and shift the focus from TEXT IS FOR PLEBS / VOICE IS FOR PLEBS / JOIN MY ERP GAMES.

How come so many people who float around this community and others seem to exist in a vacuum? Why do so many people seem to think that GMs and other players exist only to entertain them? Why is everyone so terrible

and why can't I find any games without those people in them
>>
File: OjVdEnI.jpg (124 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
OjVdEnI.jpg
124 KB, 640x640
>>46754230
Because terrible players get booted and terrible GMs abandoned, thus rejoining the pool, whereas good ones stay in their groups for long periods.

Hence why it's much easier to run into a that guy: they're more likely to be available at any given time, and at least one, but probably more, will drift into your game sooner or later.
>>
>>46754230
It's luck of the draw. I've GMd/joined maybe 7 or 8 games through Gamefinder, but only one ever has stuck.
>>
>>46754230 Here
>>46754445

It's why communication is so important and probably why gamefinder threads devolve so quickly. Maybe someone should see about making a GROUP finder thread instead, you know? A thread dedicated to searching for people that don't make you want to throw up in your mouth for more permanent, long-lasting PnP flavor.
>>
File: 1457866109659.png (31 KB, 239x122) Image search: [Google]
1457866109659.png
31 KB, 239x122
>>46754601
This is it. It's not hard to tell a prospective player is not someone you want to spend time with. A bit harder with GMs, but there are ways as well. Look for long-term ongoing games, ask a lot of questions, talk to other players. That sort of thing. The few truly horrible GMs are by now rather well known.
>>
>>46754721

>Player/GM
Both!

>System
Mutants and Masterminds, Pathfinder, Shadowrun (5e), FATE, plus any system I feel like learning for the group!

PST, though availability varies Thursdays seem like the day I'm free-est.

Text for chat, Roll20 for maps and rolls if necessary, though this isn't set in stone.

>Contact info
stevennrogers on Skype.

>Additional information
I know this sounds crazy, but I'm looking to set up a long-running group that doesn't just play the same game. I'm looking for GMs that just can't seem to find a game to play in and who are willing to set up a round-robin type thing. I'm gonna be around for the next couple hours so I'll see who bites, maybe get a nice group chat started. We'll work it out.
>>
>>46696895
The premise is interesting enough, don't know the system, though,
What timezone are you in?
>>
File: GPB-GM79-31-3.jpg (296 KB, 654x900) Image search: [Google]
GPB-GM79-31-3.jpg
296 KB, 654x900
>>46754867
There has a been a moderately successful effort for a Forever GM Support Group in the past, and I applaud your attempt.
I would applaud it more were you not some sort of colonial savage, out of reach of the decent part of humanity.
>>
>>46755586

---It is a bit strange that the majority of the hits I've been getting have been across the pond. But I'm not about to look any gift horses in the mouth!
>>
>>46755586
I signed up and I'm a fellow Britbong master race, please join so I have somebody I can actually play with while still sleeping sometimes
>>
>>46755641
>>46755801
Here.
https://discord.gg/0xSxd62geIq0ry88
>>
>>46753138
I sent you an email.
>>
>>46700953
>this instance is invalid or expired
that was the shortest time from getting all happy and excited to being let down i've ever had.
>>
>>46754867
My boy, I'd definitely be into this.
>>
File: 1363967523604.jpg (743 KB, 897x1000) Image search: [Google]
1363967523604.jpg
743 KB, 897x1000
>>46728587
bumpan
>>
File: 1455278990081.jpg (801 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1455278990081.jpg
801 KB, 2560x1440
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Cyberpunk
Mondays at 6PM US Central.
Skype, either all voice, or all text.
My experiences with mixing the two has never been good. Though I will probably do a voice call just to explain the rules and setting and whatnot regardless of what we end up going with.
>Contact info
>Additional information
Instead of the 80/90's future of standard Cyberpunk 2020/2013, this is a 70/80's future based on all my vaporave/synthwave/futurefunk memes with lots of outdated political references that I'm sure no one will ever get.
Basically just watch Associated Press archive footage of the yugoslav wars set to smooth jazz and ronald regan speeches while wearing blue aviators and drinking DASANI SPRING EXEC WATER INFUSED WITH FINE SPARKLING MINERALS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZgKXzbzm2Y

so in other words normal gritty cyberpunk with an old tech vibe and lots of 70's to early 80's high-life.
>>
>>46725472
My first group only disintegrated because I (and two other players) left it.
My second group has been together for almost a year now.
My third group lasted 3 games and then the GM unceremoniously stopped replying to me and kicked me quietly in the night from the discord chat and shut it down (after kicking two other players)
>>
>>46758801
My fucking dick

Sent you a message on skype
>>
>Player/GM
Player, please.
>System
I'm familiar with Shadowrun 5E, Pathfinder, DnD 4e and 3.5, WOTC Star Wars, and I'm very interested in either NWoD or OWoD and Call of Cthulu (Something mundane-y)
PST, anytime except Fridays (I have a shadowrun game), and my schedule is flexible enough that I can work to accomodate your scheduling.
Voice or Text; Skype or Discord or Google Hangouts.
>Contact info
ThuggyMoss on Skype
>Additional information
Like the guy way above me, I'm a bit addicted to tabletop gaming. I don't have an archetype and I'm willing to be whatever the group needs or wants (Damage Guy, Face Guy, Healer Guy). Also I am 6'8" and say hella' a lot.
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
Pathfinder, GURPS
UTC -3, Monday to Friday, starting 6PM my time. Saturday and Sunday starting 4PM my time
Text
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
>>
>>46754867
still around?
>>
File: 1440144405792.png (1 MB, 950x712) Image search: [Google]
1440144405792.png
1 MB, 950x712
>>46705548
>>46706743
>>46752180
>>46747705
Where have you people been all my life why have you left me in this place so void of GMs and players with compatible timezones to me
>>46747663
>Why not 3.5?
haha what
>>
>>46671585
jesus chirst, ever gonna fucking live?
>>
>>46708847
This game is now tentatively closed to new players! Thanks for all the interest. I might be running a D&D 5e citybuilding or Call of Cthulu (fun high lethality cult investigation) game some time in the near future, too. Expressing your interest in either of these would help make them happen
>>
>>46753138
I'm interested but I'd rather not use email. Link to the roll20?
>>
>>46762056
host a game then
>>
>>46765133
Nobody wants to gm
>>
>>46765173
he said host a game, not be a player.
>>
>>46765451
Oh, sorry. I was speaking in more general terms.
>>
>>46765481
Ah ya, So I've noticed then again there hasn't been a lot of gm's who post things on /tg/. A lot of people here buy into the /thatguy/ and other shit so they avoid here.
>>
File: jojologo2.png (40 KB, 463x462) Image search: [Google]
jojologo2.png
40 KB, 463x462
>>46671585
>Player/GM
Player, but searching for players for GM
>System
Narrative homebrew

>Timezone
GM is Aussie time - 2:00pm
9:00pm-ish start for PST
Mondays to Thursdays (America)
Sundays to wednesdays (Australia)

>Method of Play
Roll20, Text

>Contact Info

>additional info
Game is set in 1970's America (Arizona, California, Nevada) with hints of native american myth. Inspired by part 7 and part 4. Looking for 2 other players (3 total).
>It was 70's America. Small town experiencing boom due to oil trade. Large companies moving in, biker gangs, Natives wanting to be treated proper and have representation. Things are getting heated quickly
>Everyone wants a slice
>>
>>46765989
Sounds like SJW cuck shit to be honest with you.
>>
>>46766179
What.
>>
>>46766199
My impression from your description is that the evil white oil corporations are trying to displace the poooor natives and destroy naaaaaaaature
>>
File: 1459925829850.jpg (294 KB, 643x737) Image search: [Google]
1459925829850.jpg
294 KB, 643x737
>>46766230
Why don't you stop projecting and go back to >>>/pol/.
>>
>>46766249
You can't even tell me I'm wrong.

What a vile series of cliches
>>
File: 252.png (85 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
252.png
85 KB, 200x200
>>46766288
What. Now you are just putting words in my mouth. The game is focused on slice of life-esque adventures in a small american oil town, not a le SJW white liberator :^) meme-game.

Who pissed in your cereal today?
>>
>>46765989
I'm assuming this is based on JoJo?
>>
>>46766363
This is a jojo game, yes. Thus far the characters are a bank robber and a hippy.
>>
>>46766179
>projecting this hard
>>
>>46765989
>Both of those days for me are already taken
wake me up
>>
>>46765989
Ride to Hell: Retribution?
>>
>>46766686
But actually good. I hope.
>>
>>46765989
All the slots are filled now.
>>
>>46758801
>cyberpunk
>synthwave
>80's
messaged you on skype senpai.
>>
>>46754721
Who are the bad gms?
>>
>>46671585
bump
>>
>>46765502
You know what they say, you can't say That Guy without /tg/...!
>>
Motherfucking BUMP
>>
>>46700953
Is this still going on? I'd love to join
>>
CLEAR
>>
I have a doubt about this
Once I actually join a game in roll20, how will I make the character sheet?
>>
File: 1426139081229.jpg (100 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
1426139081229.jpg
100 KB, 500x596
>>46720497
There's still a place open for this
>>
>>46776233
The GM creates a new character sheet and assigns control and editing permissions to you. Then you just fill in whatever is needed. This is usually done as a group anyway so you can just ask the GM for help on what to do.
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
Pathfinder, D&D 5e, Exalted Burn Legend, Exalted 3e once it's out, Legend System.
>Time zone and availability
EST, available every day but Sundays, Wednesdays, and maybe Fridays. Prefer to play after 7 or 8 PM.
>Method of play
Either Voice only or voice and text.
>Contact Info
Kip Shades on Skype, #1512 on Discord, [email protected]
>Additional information
I prefer 3pp-friendly pathfinder games. I've been looking for a dreamscarred press-only campaign for a while now, but the only one I got involved in fell through.
>>
Hi I'm looking to join the game
>>
>>46783338

You sure about that? It's pretty edgy.
>>
>>46783338
What kind of game you looking for?
>>
>>46783396
i am the edge

>>46783410
the game
>>
File: stormloopers.gif (2 MB, 540x191) Image search: [Google]
stormloopers.gif
2 MB, 540x191
Arise!
>>
>>46671585
>Player/GM
Player
>System
5e, Pathfinder
Pacific Standard Time, Saturday afternoon/evening
Either
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
Well versed in 5e but completely new to Pathfinder. I want to try it out though, so if I could get a little help with building a character and stuff beforehand that would be cool. Also smaller parties, like 3-4 people are ideal, but I won't say no to a bigger group
>>
File: 1367178901569.jpg (288 KB, 640x880) Image search: [Google]
1367178901569.jpg
288 KB, 640x880
>>46758534
bumpan again
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
Any 40k, but I don't mind to try something new
+3, kind of flexible
text
>Contact info
[email protected]
>Additional information
I'm addicted to slow text games with a lot of RP and few combats. My last party was an awesome experience, it felt like creating a book. Now looking for new people and new impressions. So system is not important as long as party and GM are friendly.
>>
>>Player/GM
Player
Australia GMT+10, weekends and other.
>>System
WFRP or 40k, Shadowrun 5e, D&D 5e, Tenra Bansho Zero, possibly others.
>>Contact info
[email protected]
>>Text or Voice
Text (no mic)
>>
>>Player/GM
GM
GMT +3, Moscow, wide availability
>>System
Shigurui/Berserk style dark/realistic game, system used would be Fate Core or Legends of the Wulin. Other games possible
>>Contact info
skype id "alta.saire2"
>>Text or Voice
Text
>>
>>46725472
>Joined 3 groups from here
>All die within 2 months
I'm actaully going to have to go the London Meetup sessions if i'm ever going to play
>>
File: Waterworld.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Waterworld.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Thread bump
>>
File: Dragons Song.jpg (240 KB, 700x437) Image search: [Google]
Dragons Song.jpg
240 KB, 700x437
>>46671585

>Player/GM
Gamemaster
>System
Returner's FFRPG (Final Fantasy)
Saturdays, 8am Pacific Standard (Cali)
Text only (Sorry, it's a limitation I have with my modulator) On Roll20.
>Contact info
https://app.roll20.net/join/1375514/d6gANg
>Additional information
>>
>>46725472
Hell no. Every group I ever joined here fell apart within 4 months, and only one of those was actually that long, the rest were lucky to last a month.
>think about playing a game
>remember the flakes in game after game
Totally killed my drive to play TTRPGs.
>>
>>46725472
Yes. Met a few people for a pathfinder game a bit more than two years ago. Half a year later the GM left and I took over for a bit. The grew has grown to over 12 players with multiple GMs that all group up in one chat and look for games when we come up with ideas.
It's like a private game finder with people you know. Love those people. All found on /tg by the way.
>>
>>46758972
Bump.
>>
>>46797224
You got a skype or anything?
>>
>>46799181
Dmblackhart
>>
>>46799354
i've played with you! you where a fucking great GM!
>>
>>46799441
*Smiles Externally*

I am actually happy to get some critique back. Thank you.
>>
File: 1444857637845.jpg (179 KB, 404x521) Image search: [Google]
1444857637845.jpg
179 KB, 404x521
>>46799462
>*Smiles Externally*
is this one of the kids' hip new memes i've yet to discover? tell me it is
>>
>>46799462
You're the reason 4th edition is my guilty pleasure!
>>
>>46799717
Seriously? That long ago. I've moved on past 4th. Hah.Good to see I inspired someone though.
>>
>>46799743
Yup, 2013.

I play in 4th games when I can now.
>>
>>46799848
Cool. Welp no 4ths on my end pal. But best of luck to you.
>>
>>46671585
>Player/GM
GM

>System
Pathfinder

Im EST but I'm felxible and often play with lots of conflicting time zones

Roll 20/ Skype

>Contact info
Add me on skype just let me know your from here tons of spam bots recently

>Additional information

This is just a straight up dungeon crawl with mild riddle elements. I'm a first time DM and mildly autistic so excuse my shit social skills. With that said this is just a fun exercise so just roll up some level 1 characters and experience an amusing crawl.
>>
>>46804883
Skype contact
>>
>>46804883
>>46805042
Oh sorry bro
Krakoa
Its the feraligator
>>
>>46804883
Text or voice senpai?
>>
>>46806438
voice
>>
File: healer3.jpg (216 KB, 627x885) Image search: [Google]
healer3.jpg
216 KB, 627x885
Saved from page 10. Still hoping to find someone for:

>>46706743
>>
File: traditionalgames.png (852 KB, 527x3750) Image search: [Google]
traditionalgames.png
852 KB, 527x3750
>>46810491
Just join an ERP site.
>>
>Player/GM
Player
>System
L5R, Houses of Blood and honor, 7th Sea, GoT rpg
CST, flexible.
Skype, roll20. Voice and/or text both fine.
>Contact info
>Additional information
Looking for Politics and Intrigue.
>>
>>46706743
>>46810491
There are a billion Froctos on Skype.

Which one are you?
>>
>>46811162

Pig icon
>>
>>46671585
Anyone looking for a game that is also from Lithuania?
>>
>>46811113
>Ser Davos as Lawful Good
>Uses the most Chaotic Good quote he has
Also
>Implying the most Lawful Good character wasn't Ned
>>
>>46812920
Yeah, Ned would have been a better poster boy for LG. But the onion knight works just as well. as long as were knit picking, then Id probably use Hot pie or Salador as the True neutral and Dondarion or Gendry as the Chaotic good. Theirs a few quotes that probably could have been better selected as well.

But I do otherwise agree with the chart, and all the characters are atleast in the right spots. Your welcome to make a better version.
>>
File: PC plans.jpg (82 KB, 553x331) Image search: [Google]
PC plans.jpg
82 KB, 553x331
>Player/GM
GM, baby

>System
Atomic Highway - It's a fairly rules-light system designed for madmax style escapades. Fully customisable vehicles and shiet.

Flexible. We'll iron out playtimes when I've got a lineup of players.

Same as above, really. I usually prefer text for IC, but we can use voice for some shit. We'll be using roll20 with MAPS for the travel and battling.

>Contact info
arm_a_communist on skype

>Additional information
So this is going to be a campaign where I'm experimenting with a few things for the first time. The setting specifics are going to be generated collectively (still working out exactly how we'll do it, but expect dice mechanics). It'll be post apocalypse, but the details will be what we work with - so shit like what The Event was, where abouts in the world the area is, major factions, how much survived, how fucked up everything is, the time since The Event etc.

The other major thing I'll be trying out is that the campaign will be 100% sandbox. I'll try to keep the world feeling interesting and vibrant and 'alive', things WILL happen, but I'm going to try making this free of any 'main quest' aside from decisions made specifically by the players. Your goals, your direction, the people you get along with and the people you don't - that shit will be on you.

Might go terribly, I think it'll be fun. Hit me up if you're interested.
>>
>>46813763
Yeah, Davos is definitely Lawful Good. I just wonder why they'd use that quote in particular. And everything else is great, I agree.
>>
>Player/GM
GM
>System
Pathfinder
TBD
Skype text, google drawings for maps
>Contact info
PM masterman14 on reddit, or post your skype name.
>Additional information
Let's try another solo campaign. Looking for one player, obviously. Campaign premise to be discussed, naturally very flexible.
>>
>>46810491
I don't want to play a whole party and I'm only interested in 5e, though I am interested in playing a busty moon elf bladesinger.
>>
>Player/GM
GM

>System
DnD 5e

Mountain Standard Time. Games are weekends. Friday nights, Saturday afternoons/nights, and Sunday afternoons/nights are our typical times

Roll20, Skype for Voice chat. Voice chat only.

>Contact info
[email protected]

>Additional information
This campaign is in progress, but due to a players schedule changing, a spot has opened. Currently players are level 3, almost 4. Homebrew content is generally not allowed.
>>
>>46804883
>>46805070
Need one more person. Were playing Saturdays at 12 eastern

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.