[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got back into 40k, first time back on /tg/. What has happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 381x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 381x386
I just got back into 40k, first time back on /tg/. What has happened? Everything has changed
>why is fantasy now sigmar? >What are these new mechanicus races?
>why is Tau so fucking expensive?
>Why is 40k now robo wars?
>>
>>43515770
>why is fantasy now sigmar?
Fantasy got destroyed by the End of Times and GW scrapped it for not making enough money. It was rebooted as Age of Sigmar with a simple gaming system to take in more new players who will buy more of GeeDubs stuff instead of sitting on armies.

>What are these new mechanicus races?
Convoluted bullshit, but for all intents and purposes there is one single new faction, the Adeptus Mechanicus FINALLY got an army.

>why is Tau so fucking expensive?
The army just got a shitload of new multi-plastic kits including posable Crisis Suits and new gun platforms like the Stormsurge.

It costs more for players to buy into, and thus gives GeeDubs more money.
>>
>>43515770
>Why is Fantasy now Sigmar
Moar moni

>What are the new Mechanicus races?
One faction, split into two. For moar moni

>Why is Tau so fucking expensive
Because they're the best race in the game. Gotta get that moni

>Why is 40k now robo wars
Moni
>>
>>43515770

1) Fantasy sucked cooch so they decided to make a game that sucked even more cooch but could generate them minimal increased revenue

2) actually one of the best thing to happen to the game currently. Imperial race that's neither MUHREENS nor guard - better, more advanced firepower, severely immobile.

3) all kits are a ton more now, tau are newest an thus the most. it'll just get worse

4) I...i don't have any answer for this. because the demographic is realistically 15 year olds and that's what they like?
>>
>>43515957
>>43515917
>>43515899
Well that makes sense. But how can they justify a bix of tau fire warriors being $85? It's more expensive than marines
>>
>>43515770

It always was, look at epic and armageddon, giant robots everywhere.
>>
>>43516004
You're Australian? Find a new hobby.
>>
>>43516004
They're $50 a box...

Not like that's reasonable or anything, but at least it's not $85. It's how all troops are like now
>>
>>43516033
They justify it by making it a multi unit kit so you are paying for 3 different units even though you can ultimately only make one.
>>
>>43516033
They're eighty five dollarooos if you have the misfortune of being born down under.
>>
>>43516026
Yeah haha
>>43516061
What wankers

I had a look on black cultist, it's all the prices from the good old days. I nearly died of nostalgia when I saw an $85 land raider
>>
>>43516135

Oh look another retard who thinks rapid inflation isn't a thing and economic fluxes aren't things.
>>
>>43516183
How the fuck did you get to that conclusion from what I said?
>>
Giving the Mechanicum an army (bullshit 2 codex dividing $$$ grabbing tactics aside) was the only thing GW has done right since DE 5th Edition.
>>
>>43516033
Don't forget Dark Angels 7th Edition.
>>
>>43516183
How rapid the inflation is, 20% per year?
If it is then britbongs are already bankrupt as congo right now
>>
File: 1441391372779.png (74 KB, 945x557) Image search: [Google]
1441391372779.png
74 KB, 945x557
>>43515770
>market appeal
>coherency
>logic
>IP
>>
>>43517123
I don't get what are you saying or what's in your picture.

Speak English.
>>
>>43517144
He's butthurt about retcons
>>
OP here. Does this mean my fantasy dwarves that I just remembered I have are now useless?
>>
>>43517252
No, all old fantasy units and models are playable in Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>43515899
>It costs more for players to buy into, and thus gives GeeDubs more money.
Ironically that is what GW thought when they did the same thing with WHFB. And look what happened there...
>>
>>43517144
All your answers can be answered with "Fuck you, it's how things are now. With love: GW"

>>43517243
>stating facts
>being butthurt

Shine that projector away from me.
>>
>>43517252
You could play with joke rules GW made for the old armies in AoS or just play Kings of War or something else like Mordheim or Frostgrave.
>>
File: m3350255a_ApocSceneryBanner_ENG.jpg (248 KB, 1050x675) Image search: [Google]
m3350255a_ApocSceneryBanner_ENG.jpg
248 KB, 1050x675
>>43517144
It's a screencap of a post by a Black Library editor, taken and repeatedly reposted in the constant neverending arguments over which toy soldier stories are canon or whatever by one of /tg/'s most beloved shitposters (though >>43517123 isn't him, just someone who evidently saved the image from such an argument). Unsurprisingly, it's only provided more ammo with which to mock GW/BL, in a similar fashion to "Forging A Narrative".
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.