[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic: the Gathering Wednesday Flavor Thread - Objectification Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10
File: image.png (5 MB, 2835x1580) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 MB, 2835x1580
>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Ignore chandere posts.

This week's Magic Story is "Liliana's Indignation," by Kelly Digges.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/lilianas-indignation-2016-04-20

It's more than a little troubling that the Chain Veil is described with the same "Object" terminology as the Eldritch Moon was. Probably a coincidence, though. Right?
>>
HOLY SHIT THE RAVEN MAN'S BACK
>>
>And the one time she'd seen him lose control, he'd ended up putting himself under a mental lockout that took half a year and the death of a friend to snap him out of.
Baltrice?
>>
File: 1458354428292.gif (154 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458354428292.gif
154 KB, 500x500
>"You ever have a pet when you were a kid?" she asked instead. "A mouse or something?"

>Her hand still crackled with carefully contained necromancy.

>"I...I don't remember when I was a kid. Much anyway." He glanced down at her hand in almost childlike confusion. "W-why?"

>"Humor me," she said. "You must have taken care of an animal at some point."

>"There was...a dog," he said. "In Ovitzia. I fed her scraps. Scratched her head when I went by."

>"What happened to the dog?"

>"One day I came by and she was—" He stopped, swallowed, blinked. "Why are you asking me this?"

>"How did you feel?"

>"Sad," he said. "Pretty devastated, actually, for a while. But I—I got over it, obviously."

>"Why?"

>"Because...because I always knew it was going to end that way. Didn't think about it, but I knew. I—Lili, why?"

>"Because that's how I'll feel when you're dead, you idiot," she said. "Sad. For a while. And then I'll get over it. Because I always knew it was going to end that way. So don't lean too hard on my good intentions toward you. One of these days you'll find they no longer support your weight."
>>
>Lili
>>
shout out to my man Gared
>>
>>46791473
So, anyone have a theory about who the Raven Man is ?
I don't have a clue heh but I read "Urza" one time
>>
Today, on an exceptionally gooberific episode of Jace's Harem Mystery Adventure
>>
>>46791952
>but I read "Urza" one time
One reads "Urza" at least a dozen times whenever MtG lore is brought up
>>
>Meanwhile, on Ravnica:

WHERE'S THE FUCKING GUILDPACT AND WHY HAVE ALL THESE LAWS ABOUT SILVER AND THE MOON SPONTANEOUSLY SPRUNG INTO EXISTENCE?

Next block: Ravnica Depacted
>>
>>46791952
While I think he's not Urza or Yawg, I really really hope he's someone we already know. No idea who though, hopefully not Bolas but I'm fine with him too.
>>
>>46791952
I still think he's a spirit that attached to her when she was first dabbling in dark magic. Only she can see him when he appears (to her) because he's just making himself obvious in her mind and then Jace can see him once he gets into her head. The form he appears in wears clothes that even Liliana calls an ancient style, and she has lived for a while, lending support to him being a spirit of some kind.

One of the major parts of Black that they keep mentioning is Parasitism, leeching benefits from another being against their will or without their knowledge. If the Raven Man is a black spirit then he could be using Liliana as his host, both for the security of a meat shield that defends itself and possibly the end goal of taking over an uber-powerful body full of necromancy. When he does decide to appear to her it is only at times where she is under great emotional stress, major moments in her life, and when he's defending her mind from Jace. During these times he's always trying to guide Liliana towards achieving greater power and detaching from her (few) personal connections like her brother (who he led her to poison/ghoulify) and Jace.
>>
>>46792202
>>46791952
We can infer a few things about the Raven Man so far.

He is either a planeswalker, or his existence is entirely within Liliana's mind. He's appeared on multiple planes, but we've only seen him in the story when Liliana was present, and it was only she who ever saw him (except when Jace was trying to force his way into her head).

If he's not part of Liliana's mind, he knew or at least suspected Liliana had a latent spark when they first met. Thus far he's orchestrated the ignition of her spark and her discovery of the Chain Veil. He also just mentioned in this week's article that he's "invested too much in [Liliana]".

So what conclusions does this bring us to? Is he a walker playing the long game and getting Liliana to dirty her hands with the curse of the veil so he can advance his own plans? Is he part of Lili's subconscious manipulating her into doing evil shit for the lulz? Is he Urza trying to turn her into the next Jesus?
>>
>>46792366
How do we know "he's a planeswalker" is the correct assumption?
There are wizards and sorcerers strong enough to travel the planes without a spark.
>>
>>46792409
>There are wizards and sorcerers strong enough to travel the planes without a spark.
proofs
>>
>>46792409
I'm pretty sure the Mending fucked all that up.
>>
>>46792366
It's Nicol Bolas.
See, the Raven Man was once all in Liliana's head, but at some point Nicol Bolas became aware of it and coopted the mental construct for his own diabolical ends.

Like Revolver Ocelot and his Liquid persona.

When in doubt always blame Nicol Bolas.
>>
>>46792409
Not since The Mending.

>inb4 Muhrit Lage fags
>>
>>46792444
Everything is part of Nicol Bolas plan. Even the things that don't make any sense.
>>
>>46792366
>Jace tried for force his way inside her
>Only got as far as her lap
>>
>>46792175
>implying next Ravnica block won't be Jace returning back home and finding out that muh nigga Ob fucked up everything just for shit and giggles.
>>
>Rabbitgirl Jace kept on correcting Jace
>Cool Jace was probably hitting on Liliana
>Liliana Jace was being a bitch
>>46792575
Kek
>>
File: 1460486312012.jpg (210 KB, 1200x916) Image search: [Google]
1460486312012.jpg
210 KB, 1200x916
Posting best snowflake.
>>
>>46792730
This is the Wednesday thread. No snowflakes.
>>
>>46792423
Marit Lage definitely did.
Arcanis has "gone where no others have gone before"

>>46792435
The Mending made planewalkers weaker in general. I don't think it said anything about not being able to brute force your way through planes anymore.
>>
>"Not that moon," he said. "The other moon. Invisible...but I saw...doesn't matter.
Welp, I'm gonna say emrakul is invariably confirmed at this point. Especially after the bit about the lattice eyeball shit last week.
[Spoiler] anyone else dead inside? [/spoiler]
>>
>>46792761
>https://tmblr.co/ZUrCEt1I4jhlz

>Unless something special is going on, planeswalkers can’t bring living beings with them. Only beings with active planeswalker sparks can leave a plane and travel to another one (except for weird and very rare exceptions, such as the Eldrazi titans, or someone with access to some kind of gate).

>Note that summoning creatures is not planeswalking. When you create a baloth out of the aether and have it fight for you, you’re magically creating an instance of baloth-ness, even if you’re summoning it while on Theros and you learned about baloths back on Zendikar. There is not one less baloth on Zendikar due to your summoning spell on Theros — Theros is just +1 baloth, thanks to you making a new one. However, summoned creatures tend to stop existing after a while — they last for a while, long enough to fight for you in a duel or whatever, but not forever.

>There’ve been other models of how summoning and planeswalking work, but that’s how we generally think of them on the team these days.

Unless it's specifically stated that an entity can go from one plane to another after the Mending, it's safe to assume they can't.
>>
>>46793040
Invisible moon nor accepts nor denies emrakul. Cuz is something that is already on innistrad

That said, emrakul will appear. But is not the moon
>>
>>46793055
>weird and very rare exceptions
Like the exceptions I just mentioned?
>>
>>46793260
That are stated after the Mending. Good job with your selective quoting.
>>
Jesus Christ, not this argument again.

It's almost as bad as the people who don't think that Avacyn was created just before the Zendikar block.
>>
>>46792730
>No template to be found, likely MSPaint Tier

Fuck it, my portfolio needs more peices anyway. Gimme a bit and I'll have a high quality PDF for the snowflakes to use.

Not Knocking the original guy who made this, it's a good start! But I wanna pretty it up. Gimme half an hour.
>>
There's no 'more to come' box for next week's UR on the story page. Is this it for SOI stories?
>>
>>46793526

It seems unlikely. Avacyn's death is already a part of SOI based on the cards related to it all being in this set, so presumably we haven't hit all the story events that precede Eldritch Moon yet.
>>
>>46791952
Urza's Saga never ended.
We're all just trapped in one really long combo.
>>
You know Jace and Liliana interactions make me really angry, She clearly want him but she is too prideful (and Black) to accept it and He want her too but is too much an autist (and Blue) to accept it. They will end up killing each other.

This aside who think that the end of EMN Liliana will be the new Queen of Innistrad and Innistrad will become an even worse version of Grixit?
>>
>>46793586
Four thousand card combo with every card draw, tutor, recursion and mana source thinkable, culimating in returning the entire deck to the library with only one permanent on the field.

Battle of Wits
>>
>>46793260
Marit Lage is an Eldritch entity not unlike the Eldrazi, though not explicitly stated to be related. Marit Lage is another extra planar being and it does not 'planeswalk'

The only known exceptions of planar beings moving between planes without a spark are the old Phyrexians, the Weatherlight and Memnarch
>>
>>46793599
Nah, Innistrad will return to the status-quo, albeit with a much smaller population and the vestiges of Emrakul's brood still running amuck, whatever angels remaining still making sure the balance of life, death, and undeath is stable.
liliana will finally fuck off to find the last two demons so she can finish them off, Jace will get his head fixed, although he'll still have his schizophrenic selves occasionally pop up, Sorin and Nahiri hug it out after venting and join the Jacetice league alongside Arlinn and Tamiyo
>>
>>46793676

Didn't the oldrexians also need planar gates to do that shit, which meant they never actually exposed themselves to the Blind Eternities?
>>
>>46793676
There are the true Elder Dragons, they could travel planes without having a spark, that's how there was the whole multiversal empire.
>>
>>46793695
i really doubt Nahiri and Sorin will make up.

As last week story hinted that Sorin locked Nahiri in the hellavault and now Nahiri is doing her best to completely wreck innistrad.

Would be the largest ass-pull for them to "make up"
>>
>>46793706
I was only mentioning what could move between planes not so much how they did so. I'm pretty sure each separate thing has done so differently.
>>
>>46793738
I think they could make up by relating in how untrustworthy elder dragons are.
>>
>>46793676
And the Myojin of Night's Reach after finding a weak point in Kamigawa's border, which has been reinforced now.
>>
>>46793764
talking about Ugin? Why would Sorin not trust him.
>>
>>46793824
You can't kill the Eldrazi, if Ugin had shared the secret to killing the Eldrazi, none of this would have happened he'd have Avacyn, he'd still be friends with Nahiri and I guess if he cares Markov manor would still be in one piece.
>>
>>46793599
I think it's cute.
And also helps to develop the characterization of Black in a way that is not the usual stereotype of evil dickery. Hell it helps to diversify the Blackness in the narrative what with Sorin bringing ample supply of superdickery.
>>
>>46791434
I hate how wizards is pushing liliana to be the bbeg. There are thousands of better villians
Also fucking with Nahiri's good character and killing avacyn. This story appears to be the rosewater paradise
>>
>>46793874

Granted, the "consequences" Ugin hinted at would probably be coming into effect right about now.

Although from Sorin's perspective he's gonna have to deal with that shit sooner or later ANYWAY, so he'd probably be more cool with the inevitability of it than Ugin, whose toast is burned because he didn't get to study anything between being murdered, being in a coma for a thousand years, and sending four untested bundles of hormones to do his dirty work only for them to burn his science project and strongly consider making out on its ashes.
>>
>>46793879
Black cares about #1 first and foremost. They can care about other stuff, but not at expense to themselves; it goes against their whole philosophy. If everyone acted in a way that put themselves first and took care of themselves properly, people would be a lot better off. Anyone who couldn't hack it and needs help is holding society back.
>>
>>46793915

It's kinda weird how Black's philosophy gets super-Randian at times while at the same time holding up the idea that parasitism is good.
>>
>>46793911
They don't know it but hindsight is 20/20, Sorin could see that there are consequences to killing the Eldrazi but he's at a fraction of the power he was at during the original sealing. So he's more likely to be upset with Ugin.
>>
>>46793944
It's good for YOU. And you can't really blame someone if what's best for them is leeching off someone else. That other person should be strong enough to stop the leeching, really.

Though if they're leeching off you, you gotta put 'em in the fucking ground.
>>
>>46793915
Well of course.
But not even WotC makes a strong point about how Black values agency, or at least it gets buried in a language that paints the color as being very malicious and self-absorbed, as opposed to results-oriented and unconcerned with the morality of an action rather than if said action gets the job done.

You know what, in a way Black strikes me as much of a color of autism as Blue. You'd be so absorbed in your way of thinking and have difficulty comprehending why others would behave the way they do, eventually you'd collapse into a world centered around your well being since it's the only thing you could truly understand.
>>
>>46793987

It's psychotic reasoning, but I honestly can't tell if that's really consistent or insanely hypocritical.
>>
>>46793915

Fuck society, is an overrated concept any way.
>>
>>46793915

If everyone reasoned like you, Zendicar would aeve been dust now and Ulamog & Kozilek would be still alive.
>>
>>46794039
It's consistent.
Black establishes a goal, and permits itself any method to achieve that goal. If the system can be exploited, Black will abuse it the hardest if it's an available means to its established end.

It's not that the end justifies it, it's that Black doesn't really give a shit about the ethical/moral/whatever issues, it's purely about achieving the goal.

That said the pride derived from Black's refusal to submit to anyone but itself potentially creates the sort of internal conflict that could drive Black from engaging in some activities.

Like, the way I see it, Black's opinion on collecting welfare could range from a simple "free money is free money and I need the money" to a complex "it shackles me to a system of food stamps and other choice-limiting charities that fundamentally would not improve my situation; also nobody respects a welfare bitch."
>>
File: TG MtG Character Sheet.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TG MtG Character Sheet.pdf
1 B, 486x500
AAAAAND DONE. Hope you guys can make use of this at all. I unfortunately lack the programing know how to make it writeable
>>
>>46793676

Night's Reach (and by proxy probably all the others), Venser, Baron Sengir was trying to activate a planar gate too
>>
>>46794413
Oh that's right, I forgot Night's Reach chucked my man Toshiro across the multiverse.
>>
>>46794448
THROWN THROUGH A PORTAL IN THE MULTIVERSE TO A WORLD WHERE MAGIC IS RAW.

NOW HIS FOOLISH DESCENDANT WIELDING AN ANCIENT SAMURAI SWORD SEEKS TO STYLE ALL OVER THE ELDER DRAGON THAT IS BOLAS.
>>
>>46794515
GOTTA GET BACK
>>
Bunny jace confirmed for sticking around to help Jace remember the right words.
>>
>>46791952
Didn't Bolas fiddle with her head to make her immune to Jace's mind reading in Agents of Artifice? Might the two be linked?
>>
>>46794736

>"This is the inside of your mind, Jace?" Chandra muttered, looking around. "It's more spacious than I'd imagined..."
>"Jace, why is a bunny-girl in your clothes blowing kisses at us?" Nissa asked, looking vaguely uncomfortable as Chandra went over to investigate.
>"Ignore her. Acknowledging she exists only encourages her at this point." Jace said gloomily.
>>
>>46794962
>Chandra starts playing with bunny jace.
>>
>>46795000
>Chandra starts "playing" with bunny Jace
>Mind orgy happens in Jace's mind
>>
>>46795088

Well, he is locked out of the Naya Sandwich.

Bunny Jace became an immortal fixture in Jace's mind by absorbing Jace's frustrated libido, including the gay thoughts Gideon's "charisma" inspires in him. This has made fantasizing about sex as himself instead of a moonfolk girl extremely difficult, which only makes her stronger.
>>
>>46795176

By Naya Sandwich You Mean Chandra, Gideon and Nisssa "I'm not Nazi Anymore Because Garruk stole my Black Thunder" Revane?
>>
People seem to forget that Venser was trying to reverse-engineer a planar gate from Karn's old notes and scavenged notes and blueprints of the Weatherlight from back when that was still a thing.

And we know that his lifeless body got dragged away by Phyrexians after he gave his spark to restore Karn.

It's entirely possible new Phyrexians figure out how to make a planar gate or planar ship and traverse the Multiverse to try and compleat other planes, even though the Mending (supposedly) stopped all that from happening.

Maybe it take's an entire plane's worth of mana to move from one plane to the next, so the Phyrexians implode Mirrodin for it's mana, funnel it into their fuck-huge planar ship and start compleating other planes, then imploding them to rinse and repeat the process.

As for today's UR:

tl;dr version:

> Liliana gets visited by the Raven Man
> He warns her about Jace returning, trying to mind fuck her (which is why she has a headache)
> She tries to locate Jace, who's masking his presence
> Jace nearly succeeds in breaking through her defenses
> Jace sees the Raven Man suddenly, and pauses in his assault
> She takes the momentary pause to nearly kill Jace
> Raven Man and Chain Veil try to force her to kill Jace
> She refuses, he leaves in disappointment
> She talks to Jace, sees how fucked up he is mentally, tries to talk him out of visiting Thraeben
> His insanity doesn't let her argument succeed
> She gives up, he leaves, she returns to focusing on her experiments over the geists of the plane, trying to rid herself of the Veil
>>
>>46795176
>Ugin visits Jace to threaten him
>Bunny Jace begs him to shoot his ghost fire into her bunny cunny
>Ugin just leaves.
>>
>>46795216
I would prefer it if they could somehow access the Old Artificial planes Yawgmoth made and begin Overlaying the fuck out of the multiverse
>>
>>46795742
They probably have collapsed by now. It has been 400+ years
>>
>>46795950
true, I'll settle for reuniting with the other planes Phyrexia conquered
>>
>>46794206
Nice. Good work anon.
>>
>>46795216
It's more likely that they repurposed his body to build Elesh Norn a more pimp throne as past the fact that he isn't half metal and wearing more than the bear minimum of clothes he looks pretty normal.
>>
>>46795216
Raven man being Urza trying to somehow become the New Father of Machines would be my dream scenario
>>
>>46795998
There's Elspeth's homeplane at least
Wait, what if Equilor was taken over by the Phyrexians between its first planechase card and its second.
>>
>>46796110

I'm tired of Phyrexia and Urza, both of them overcome their welcome years ago. I rejoiced when they died that they are back now is making me more pissed than Sorin.
>>
>>46796222
What did Sorin do to piss you off?
>>
>>46796234
He means that he's angrier than Sorin.

Sorin is currently angry.
>>
Jace throwing out the word "parallax" is interesting.
>>
>>46796591
FADING COMING BACK BOYS
>>
File: FUCKING PISSED.jpg (174 KB, 954x815) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING PISSED.jpg
174 KB, 954x815
>>46796262
That is a considerable amount of anger.
>>
I just want EMN to end so the Marit Lage fags could shut up already.

How fucking autistic you have to be to not see that Wotc is actively trying to stay away from the old lore. Sure there are refences here and there but forget about Urza, Yawgmoth, Marit Lage, Old Phyrexia, the Weatherlight, etc. Wizards already move on, you fuckers should do the same.

And yes, I agree, the new lore is awful and the Jacetice League is the worst thing ever, we either whine enough (which I'm all for it) to maro or we just deal with it.

Fucking Jacetice League.
>>
File: 21axocn.jpg (46 KB, 1314x739) Image search: [Google]
21axocn.jpg
46 KB, 1314x739
>Jace going insane
>yfw Oil is causing him to go insane
>>
>>46796777
He's a planeswalker, Phyrexiafag. He's immune to that shit.
>>
File: 0422.png (210 KB, 599x457) Image search: [Google]
0422.png
210 KB, 599x457
>>46796853
>Karn
>>
>>46796777
As much as I want Jace to die, that's not happening. Planeswalkers can't get compleated.
>>
>>46796879
Gave up his spark to seal up them time rifts before infection.
>>
>>46796909
He was infected when he created Mirrodin and took the infection with him over several planes. He couldn't be compleated but he can still be infected
>>
>>46796747
Marit Lage wasn't even a big part of the lore before, these threads have just latched onto her for some reason.
>>
>>46791434
>Everybody thinks nahiri is behind the angel madness
>Everythinng is liliana's fault
>Sorin and nahiri make up
>they kill liliana
Best ending ever
>>
>>46796621

Well, probably "Vanishing" even though fading was a cooler name.
>>
>>46796936
It isn't stated whether he was a carrier or if he just accidentally brought the oil with him. Regardless the oil didn't affect him until after he lost his spark and he was cured once he gained Venser's. Sparks make you immune to the effects of oil so long as their active, so Jace isn't mad because of the oil
>>
>>46797203
>blaming everything on big sis

ayyyy
>>
>>46797471
Karn was always a carrier once he had that Phyrexian powerstone infused with him. Once he lost his spark the oil began to actually compleat him.
>>
>>46797471
>>46797573
Refresh my memory if you would be so kind, didn't Karn have 2 sparks infused in him after the end of Weatherlight Saga. How/When did he lose those?
>>
>>46797573
Those were Thran powerstones
>>
>>46797471
Didn't Glissa have a spark? How did she get compleated?
>>
>>46798018
Mightstone and Weakstone were both made by yawgmoth to poison Glacian
>>
>>46798060
She gave it up. Damn shame, I actually liked that elf.
>>
>>46798342
No, they used to be one whole powerstone that sustained the original portal between the Thran and Phyrexia during its early days. Yawgmoth needed a safe place to hide it away so nobody could close the portal, so he took the opportunity to stick it inside Glacian, with the added benefit that it made Glacian even sicker than he was. It was cracked in half by Rebbec to close the portal, creating the Mightstone and the Weakstone.
>>
>>46794206
>Colorless
>A color
For fuck's sake.
>>
>>46800443
ljust because there is a point on a scale describing a matter doesn't mean it's a specific member of what the chart describes. For example, you'd still have "0" on a Number Line that describes the Natural numbers. "Colourless" acts as the "Null Element" in the set "colours"
>>
File: MTG waifu chart.png (5 MB, 1576x4516) Image search: [Google]
MTG waifu chart.png
5 MB, 1576x4516
>>46791434
Posting/updated weekly, deal with it.

JACE WENT COOCOO EDITION
>>
>>46801718
>you will never have a friend like Ajani
>>
>>46801718

>Nazi?
>Nazi.

Good stuff.
>>
>>46801718
>Elspeth
>taken
Not after that whole returned business with Daxos, she isn't. Time to Ocean's Eleven the Underworld.
>>
Hello, im new to this, got just started but i have been binge reading everything available i could find on MtG lore and random related stuff, haven't been so excited about something since i was 11.
A friend dragged me to a weeb con which was the most disgusting thing ever but, there was this stand that caught my attention, i talked for a while with the owner of the stand and he told me to go and take a look around at his store, went there the next day and he teached me to play the basics.
Also told me to come back tomorrow to pick a Pauper deck for beginners from his commons box so i could start learning without expending too much money, told me that it was better to not buy a beginners deck, those premade ones because it was a waste of money and what not, that deck costs 160 of my cunts currency while he says that the pauper deck wouldnt go above 40 and he would help me choose by making me play while building the deck.
I still don't know much about what is and how to play standard and the other styles, so what syle should/would i end up playing if where i live the community is so small?
This guy said that there was only a twenty some group of players active, what style would they play when in such a small community?
Also reccomendations about how to start?
>>
>>46791952
Raven Man is just Bolas fucking with Liliana the same way he fucked with Sarkhan. Remember, Bolas can shapeshift and has shapeshifted into a child back in Alara.
>>
>I was only 19 years old
>I loved Tezzeret so much, I had all the cards and the Test of Metal book
>I pray to Tezzeret every night before bed, thanking him for the life I’ve been given
>"Tezzeret is love" I say; “Tezzeret is life”
>Jace hears me and calls me a shitlord
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for Tezzeret
>I called him a faggot
>He slaps me and sends me to sleep with -1/-0 until end of turn
>I’m crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it’s really hot
>Suddenly, a cool breeze is moving towards me
>It’s Tezzeret
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear “This is my shank.”
>He grabs me with his powerful etherium arms and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I’m ready
>I spread my Terramorphic Expanse for Tezzeret
>He penetrates my Temple of the False God
>It hurts so much but I do it for Tezzeret
>I can feel my etherium augmentations tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against his Phyrexian Obliterator
>I want to please Tezzeret
>He roars in a mighty roar as he Infects my Polluted Delta
>Jace walks in
>Tezzeret looks him straight in the eyes and says “It’s all tapped out now.”
>Tezzeret leaves through my window
>Tezzeret is love. Tezzeret is life.

Then Nahiri hits them all with a moon.
>>
File: Nahiri meets Avacyn.jpg (769 KB, 1248x1920) Image search: [Google]
Nahiri meets Avacyn.jpg
769 KB, 1248x1920
Y'know, considering Nahiri's history with Sorin and what Avacyn is to Sorin, I'm kind of disappointed that the only interaction Nahiri has at any point with Avacyn is a ten-second fight scene in a flashback.
>>
>>46807847

Yeah - hopefully they're just leaving it for a later UR.
>>
>>46807847
I'm still struggling to comprehend why Sorin agrees to kill Avacyn at all. I thought she was pretty important to Innistrad and him before all the stuff we learned in SOI but with all that added in killing her even if she's currently crazy just seems like such a bad idea. It would be far easier to fix her then make a new one and everything we know about Innistrad says: No Avacyn, everyone dies.

I don't know, her death feels really forced to me.
>>
>>46793676
>Memnarch
No, he never moved through planes, unless you count when he was still the Mirari and Karn was the one who moved him.
>>
>>46811866

Yeah, Olivia simply isn't as important as she thinks she is.

If Avacyn is the last component of Oldwalker planar wards, I really don't see how he'd agree so easily to destroying her.
>>
File: 1458355608336.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
1458355608336.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1120
>>46811866
It could be that Sorin knows she can't be fixed, that even without her presence, at least some aspects of Innistrad will endure as opposed to Avacyn and the angels laying waste to everything. Maybe he could even come up with a new plan, it wouldn't be another Avacyn, but he's lived a long time, there could be another answer.

I think my biggest gripe with the whole thing is that Sorin despite being powered down could still kill Avacyn, an oldwalker living creation. If she could be felled like that, then she was never a permanent solution to Innistrad's problems, there would always be that risk of a demon defeating her or a crazy walker with comparable strength killing her. That's where the writing feels weak to me, for all his effort his masterpiece seems too vulnerable.
>>
>>46811866
>impliying the death of avacyn is not a giant mistake
>>
>>46813222
To be fair, Sorin might be uniquely qualified to for the job since he created her.

>>46811866
I think part of the problem is that a large part of the protection system relies on the faith of humans. Their belief in the wards allows them to channel her power. Even if he fixed her, she's lost the trust of the people; she's not an infallible protector, she's something that could go bugfuck crazy at any time. Demon cults and shit would flourish, and the cathars and such would be seriously weakened, removing the support base Avacyn/the angels have in holding back the monsters.
>>
>>46816809

That said, when Avacyn (and ONLY Avacyn) was missing, it took about a year for humanity to be on the brink of extinction.

If Avacyn goes and Gisela, Bruna, and large portions of their flights don't survive this, how the fuck is Sigarda going to fix anything at this point? Unless Nahiri changing Innistrad's mana does something like let the Angels reincarnate infinitely along with the demons they're fighting, Innistrad is five kinds of fucked without the angels at full strength.

If nothing else, without Avacyn either vampires as a whole have to go or humanity does, and if humanity does vampires are fucked anyway.

Is it possible to mercy-genocide a race?
>>
>>46818263

>Sorin escorts the remaining vampires of Innistrad to a single building and seals them inside
>"I'm sorry, guys, but without Avacyn around I can no longer in good conscience keep trying to save you AND humanity, and since you're dead without humanity anyway, this seems like the best solution. I do not want you to suffer, so die as you lived; in a long, ill-considered act of rapemurder with no thoughts of the future."
>Half of the vampires have killed the other half before Sorin is even finished talking
>>
>>46819024
This is an ending I wish could happen, but wizards can't let us have a good ending.
>>
>>46819024
>Angels death cause the angel blood in the vampires to stir
>They come out of the madness changed.
>Sorin makes a speech about conserving for the future
>Half the vampires see reason and listen to Sorin
>They become WB Vampires and act as intermediaries between humans and vampires
>Sorin takes what's left of Avacyn and stuffs it in some new Falkenrath waifu
>Falkenchick and the rest of her lineage becomes W+R/B Vampire Angel and gets tasked with keeping the balance by Sorin
Falkenwaifu is WRB

More likely to happen, which is still near zero but it'd make me happy EDH-wise
>>
>>46819257

>Angels death cause the angel blood in the vampires to stir
>They begin to glitter
>Sorin spams Vindicate
>>
>>46820464
>Sorin realizes Vindicate isn't enough
>Pops to Ravnica, runs to Orzhova, drops a ton of gold, and buys a spell in a bottle
>Gets back to the glittering vampires and breaks it on the ground.
>Entire province of Stensia gets Mercilessly Evicted off the plane.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.