[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crusade Builder: Reconquest - Thread 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 38
File: Reconquest_Map_Thread_2.png (26 KB, 704x666) Image search: [Google]
Reconquest_Map_Thread_2.png
26 KB, 704x666
The year is 1126 of our Lord, and we enter the second year of reconquest undertaken with Papal endorsement.

Twenty-one years have now passed since the worst of the conflicts in the Holy Land around Jerusalem died down, leaving Crusader States in the wake of a glorious Crusade.

Following the success of his forebear's personal project, Pope Urchin II hopes to generate another Christian victory in the Iberian peninsula, aiding the King of Aragon and the Queen of Castille in driving the moors from their southern borders.

So far, there have been only minor border conflicts. The moors and their allies gather their strength to repel the Christian world, while the agents of the Eastern Empire establish bases on the Balearic isles.

A coalition of Catholic knights have united to take the city of Zaragoza, and defeated the local garrison in a near miraculous display of martial skill and valour.

Will the controversial bull declaring the Reconquista a Holy Crusade pay dividends, or will this rash action doom the western men of the cross?

Only time will tell.

Deus Vult!
>>
>>46672881
This is an alternate-history nation builder with an emphasis on the characters that take part in this holy war. It is a sequel to the original Crusade Builder, whose archive you can find at http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/Crusade%20Builder/ if you are interested.

However, knowledge of the minutiae of those threads are not necessary to participate. The builder has yet to diverge significantly from history, with the cracks only just starting to show with this second Crusade.

You take on the role of a warlord of some description. Whether you intend to make a name, carve out a kingdom, serve your ruler faithfully or defend your home, you must have come from somewhere.

To play, fill in the following character sheet:

Name: [What you are called]
Culture: [Your country of origin]
Fluff: [What were you known for before the reconquest? Why are you taking part?]
Religion: [Are you a triumphant Catholic? A resurgent eastern Orthodox? A beleaguered Sunni or even some kind of Pagan?]
Colour: [How do you want to be represented on the map?]
Transit: [How did you arrive in Iberia? Did you march? Did you sail? Or are you simply defending your home?]
>>
File: Books.jpg (474 KB, 1000x662) Image search: [Google]
Books.jpg
474 KB, 1000x662
>>46672893
You can chat with other players in the IRC at http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23Nation&server=irc.mibbit.net

Every turn, you should describe two actions in your post under your stat block, and roll dice+2d100 to determine how successful they were.
>>
File: Arba.jpg (16 KB, 236x372) Image search: [Google]
Arba.jpg
16 KB, 236x372
>>46672881
Name: Tariq Abd al-Aziz
Culture: Andalusian, from Córdoba
Fluff: Tariq's ancestors boast a proud history of service to Islam and to al-Andalus. His family claim service to the Ummayad dynasty and all it's successors, extending from before 718 and the conquest of al-Andalus from the Catholic Visigoths. From birth, Tariq has trained in the art of strategy and war, and honed a reputation as a soldier of merit and student of Islam, despite his youth. He aspires to defend his home, despite any cost, and to repel any would be invaders with extreme prejudice. He seeks to make his ancestors proud and win favor as a valiant and loyal servant to his liege, the Emir of Cordoba. With his youth, however, comes a thirst for glory that has yet to be properly sated.
Religion: Sunni Islam
Colour: Dark Green
Transit: Located in Córdoba
Military: 50 mounted, 333 men at arms, 1348 rabble.
Bonuses: [A Worthy Vassal] As vassals of Cordoba, Tariq and his family can occasionally act with the authority of their liege, but may have tasks required of them in exchange.

Tariq sat in a dimly lit room reading by candlelight, sorting through missives that brought news of war, death, and defeat. His hand clenched into a fist, and the letter – freshly delivered from Zaragoza, and stained with blood – was crumpled and discarded.

“Zaragoza, Valencia… all taken by heathens. The blood of our Muslim brothers fills the streets, and now Franks and Greeks cheer over our battlements, praising their false gods.” Tariq mutters to his young squire, Fahmi, a green boy of only 15 years. “Fetch me my arms and armor, Fahmi.”

Flickers of light danced across the cold links of Tariq’s mail as his young squire hefted the heavy coat off of its rack. As the squire outfits Tariq in his war garb, he breaks the silence, questioning his master. “Surely the Emir will crush the infidel, yes? For god is with him” the boy asks, almost succeeding at hiding his anxiousness.
>>
Rolled 90, 68 = 158 (2d100)

>>46672972
>>46672881

Tariq chuckles grimly. “Hopefully before the Franks are knocking on the doors of Cordoba. Or treading on the Berber shores. Nay. It lies in the hands of his servants, and the servants of Allah. The Catholics want war? They shall have it. They burn Jerusalem? We shall scour Rome from this earth.” He says, with a steely look in his dark eyes.

Fahmi looks up, after strapping the imposing Arab warrior’s Sabre to his hip and closing the final clasps on his gauntlets. “Will I get to fight, master?”

“Allah will test us all before this is done… Do not be found wanting, when the time comes.”

1&2 Tariq seeks council with the Emir of Cordoba, whom he serves.

“Milord, the Christians are at our gates, and cannot go unhindered. We have let the Christians harry our people for too long! The time to retaliate has already come. al-Andalus is strong, and we shall not be cowed. Zaragoza has fallen, and the Greeks muster on the Baleares. Valencia was our best hope of securing the Balearic sea from invasion, & it shall serve as a bulwark against the southward offensives from the Franks and Aragonese. Milord, let me lead an army of royal men from here to the east, and I shall bring you victory. The Sheikhs of Murcia and Alicante will surely add their strength to your banner, and the crusaders will be crushed. On my father’s name, I swear it before Allah.

>Request support from ruler, Emir of Cordoba
>>
File: Shaka-Zulu.png (689 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
Shaka-Zulu.png
689 KB, 620x410
Rolled 22, 29 = 51 (2d100)

Name: Mnguni Tshivhumbe
Culture: Middle Africa
Fluff: Mnguni, leader of the great Bantu people, comes to bring the Bantu to glory or eternal afterlife in battle against the Infidels and support the muslim brothers.
Religion: Sunni Convert
Colour: Black
Transit: A European regiment in heavy armor and wagon train can march 30 miles in a day before they need rest.
A Bantu regiment can run 50 miles in a day, and fight at a battle at the end of it.
Military: 2435 rabble, 3 Mounted
Bonuses: [We Will Be Sultans] Taught of their manifest destiny by muslim imams, the tribal warriors of middle africa are powerful and relentless warriors - but lack much by way of equipment. Acquiring trained troops is harder for them, but their rabble is more effective.

1. Recruit more rabble. Send word afar and wide, bring out slaves and spoils we have captured. More moorish bretheren and young warriors should be inspired by our holy war.

2. Raid west. Turn the day sky black with smoke. Turn the night sky white with fire. Let the villages burn, the women cry, and hear songs of our warriors ring through the land.
>>
>>46672881
Name: Mattew Fores
Culture: Holy Roman Empire
Fluff: Second son of a German family, Matthew trained for years with the bow from horseback. An expert marksman on foot or horse, Matthew won a small bit of fame in a tourney held by the Duke of Masovia. His three signature arrows, forest green shafts with swan fletchings, managed to strike the center ring from 400 yards. Not particularly suited for melee combat, due to his short statue, Matthew fights with a short sword and saxe only when absolutely necessary. Otherwise, his bow is his primary weapon. The ability to fire multiple shafts in the span of seconds has been engrained through years of practice, each one carrying a man's life in it's barbed steel head.

The call for the reconquest of the Iberian peninsula struck the young man hard, and with his brother set to inherit what little holdings the family owns, there was nothing to hold Matthew back. Astride his faithful horse Connam, with his bow and wits as armaments, Matthew set off to free the Holy Land.
Religion: Catholic
Colour: Purple
Transit: Riding my trusty steed Connam
Inventory: [Chest of Wealth]
Military: 50 mounted, 529 men at arms, 391 rabble
Bonuses: [Robin Who?] Matthew is a consummate archer, and is deadly effective when able to engage at range and direct his men to do likewise. When fighting alongside an ally willing to absorb the brunt of the melee fighting, Matthew gets +10 in battle - and his ally gets +5
>>
Rolled 31, 12 = 43 (2d100)

>>46673064
1. With the massive amount of materials and room the city provides, build many siege weapons.

2. Loot the dead Saracens, take their arms and armor to be repaired and used to outfit my men
>>
File: 09YjKoF.jpg (362 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
09YjKoF.jpg
362 KB, 1366x768
Rolled 40, 64 = 104 (2d100)

>>46672881
Name: Crispinus Tullus Scruffitius
Culture: Tripoli (of polish/lebanese descent)
Fluff: http://pastebin.com/GZmvmxHx
Colour: Orange - the Classic Color
Transit: Marching Southwest from Southern Germany
Military: 50 mounted, 470 men at arms, 501 rabble.
Bonuses: [Pauper Prince] An ambitious young man denied his birthright and trained for warfare by holy men, Crispinus gets +5 to all combat rolls.
1 Chest of Wealth

1/2. Glorious! Lets us recruit from the good Christian men from the North, eager to support us on our righteous crusade!
>>
archive: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/46522787/#46533310
>>
File: Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_01.png (28 KB, 704x666) Image search: [Google]
Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_01.png
28 KB, 704x666
>>46672972
>>46672992
Tariq comes before his liege, and begs an audience - as a faithful vassal bearing dire news, he is ushered to court to speak his piece.

Hs words are received with shock and no small amount of despair. The wasteful, decadent courtiers murmur amongst themselves, whispering to ally and enemy alike, wondering how it is that they might turn this situation to their advantage, how they might profit from this latest circumstance - but when the Emir rises to give his reply, they hush - the corruption of court stilled, if but for a moment.

"Tariq, my loyal soldier," he says. "The words you speak are true, and the news you bring is dire. I will grant your request. Go in my name, and spill the blood of the infidel that seeks to drive us from our homes. Show them the folly of their false religion."

When you go, his men will go with you.
+Allies:
[Cordoba's Men] 100 mounted, 500 men at arms

>>46673042
Word spreads of your activities, but while the slaves and spoils you have captured are impressive indeed, the locals seem to frown on them for some reason. No matter. It's probably unimportant - but to cheer your men at bringing in no recruits, you feast and drink, making no progress into the west.

>>46673064
>>46673331
The arms of the Saracens are judged by your holy warriors to be unfit for Men of God to use, even turned to His holy purpose - and although the city might indeed provide you with enough supplies to build a siege weapon, you would have to sack it.

[Optional - Take it or leave it]
+1 [Siege Weaponry] - Grants a bonus to Siege Warfare
AND
[Zaragoza is Sacked]

>>46673348
Your success in the conquest of Zaragoza draws Christians down from the north and into your ranks - though none seem particularly skilled for now.
+400 rabble
>>
Rolled 100, 53 = 153 (2d100)

>>46672881

Name: Imaad ibin'Nassor
Culture: Fatimid Caliphate
Fluff: The First Crusades were remembered as a triumph, not only in Europe, but in Egypt as well. Through faith, perseverance, and the cunning of the Caliph's most trusted general, Nassor ibin'Akil, the Fatimids conquered Sinai, beat back numerous Crusader incursions, and took Mecca without a single drop of blood. Now, in the thirty years since, Nassor's third son-- third of five-- has proven himself a competent and capable general. Like father, like son, they say, and so the Caliph has given Imaad a very important task: safeguard the Western borders of the Caliphate. Break any resistance. Prove that his family line are loyal warriors all.
Religion: Shia Islam
Colour: Dark Blue.
Transit: Arrived by horse to the Caliphate's western border.
Forces: 50 mounted, 560 MaA, 140 rabble
Holdings: Significant Port w/ some ships
Bonuses: [My father, and his father, and...] A legacy of brave service has endeared you to the Shia Caliph. +10 to rolls asking for support... within reason.

1. We expand. We need more land if we are to effectively ward off attacks.

2. Rally local Shia warriors to our cause.
>>
Rolled 23, 98 = 121 (2d100)

>>46533601

Assuming those rolls don't count so

>Select the Champion of Spear.
1. Extend my offer of protection to more adjacent Sunni lords, leveraging the high-profile tournament as a sign of my preparedness for war with these champions and general prestige.

2. Convert more rabble to Men-at-Arms.

Name: Azka'hail abu-Dakar
Culture: Moorish
Fluff: Mercenary Captain, seeks peace for these lands and knows the Catholic monarchs will never allow it.
Religion: Sunni
Colour: Royal Purple
Military: 157 mounted, 642 men at arms, 526 rabble.
Bonuses: [Is it really so much to Azk?] As a man whose main concern is to fight for peace, Azka'hail gets a bonus of +5 to defensive combat rolls and +5 to diplomacy when negotiating truces.

+1 [Chest of Wealth]
>>
File: 1416552257078.jpg (293 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
1416552257078.jpg
293 KB, 707x1000
Rolled 78, 65 = 143 (2d100)

>>46672881
Name: Prince Ludovic of Jerusalem
Culture: French. Prince of Jerusalem.
Fluff: The son of a son of a legend. Ludovic travels from God's Kingdom at the age of eighteen with a contingent of the terrifying elite Templar Knights and a banner that inspires awe across the Christian world. A second child, Ludovic is young, ambitious, and ruthless. The Iron steps of the Templars do not stop in Jerusalem. Not in France. Not until the ends of the earth. Not until they win.
Religion: Catholic.
Colour: RED AS MY GRANDFATHER
Transit: Sailed.
Military: 75 mounted, 300 men at arms, 530 rabble.
Territory: [Zaragoza(Fortress)]
Important Items: [1 Chest of Wealth]
Bonuses: [Prince of Jerusalem] Ludovic's family is widely regarded as a line of heroes across Christendom. Ludovic himself is stubborn and ruthless, and his troops tend not to break easily.

1. Zaragoza is ours. Send out messengers to the local lords of our victory as we begin to secure the city, repairing buildings and walls, quelling the rebellions, and establishing a strong Templar foothold in the city, as well as building up mine own court. Ludvig forbids Christian men and families to be hurt - Sacarens are hardly human, however, and the others, and his men, are to drive them out of the city by any means.

2. Recruit more men from the surrounding cit and countryside,, riding off our recent victory.
>>
>>46673541
Confirming is me.
>>
File: rzT6aODcS2o.jpg (52 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
rzT6aODcS2o.jpg
52 KB, 600x320
Rolled 40, 30 = 70 (2d100)

>>46673475
Military: 50 mounted, 470 men at arms, 901 rabble.
Bonuses: [Pauper Prince] An ambitious young man denied his birthright and trained for warfare by holy men, Crispinus gets +5 to all combat rolls.
1 Chest of Wealth

1. Well, if the men are unskilled, then they must be trained. Proceed to train the rabble in the more skilled arts of war, my father's book shall do well in this.

2. On a side note, the remaining land between our conquest of the city and barcelona remains a concern, I shall take hold of the remaining land between there in this lull in the fighting.
>>
Name: Lord Otto von Saxon
Culture: Holy Roman Empire; Saxony
Fluff: A mid-ranking knight of the Knights Hospitaller, finding himself leading a small band of like-minded cavalrymen, Otto was purportedly sent in order to oversee the progress of his peers, as well as ferry a large surplus of supplies to both his fellow crusaders and any bereaved locals. Taking his responsibilities seriously, he and his men believe in fighting with a strange code of honor, defending the weak and innocent from harm, even extending some mercy to pagans and the misguided heretics. After all, are not all equal under God's eyes?
Colour: Battleship Gray
Transit: Horseback, alongside wagons
Military: 76 mounted, 220 men at arms
Bonuses: [Warrior of God] +10 to combat rolls against religious enemies. -10 to combat rolls against fellow Christians and civilised Pagans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHDycUXzNs0

1/2. - Zaragoza lies in Christian hands, and not a single man of Christ has fallen in its conquest, even when our own deaths appeared imminent: for a moment, I had feared that the sayings of our convoy being cursed were true, but I know now that it was but a test of The Lord to his humble servant; never again shall I be one to doubt his wills! However, though luckily unneeded bloodshed was avoided this campaign, there are foes not human in nature that must be combated lest our men succumb pre-maturely: the curses of disease, sown by the Devil himself! As representative of the Knights Hospitaller, we shall see it fit to interrogate the locals of this area for new means of first aid: medicines, herbal cures, and better ways to treat the ill, for one gets closest to The Lord when aiding his fellow man, does he not?
>>
File: barbary-slave-trade.jpg (40 KB, 554x375) Image search: [Google]
barbary-slave-trade.jpg
40 KB, 554x375
Rolled 76, 19 = 95 (2d100)

>>46673475
Fluff: Mnguni, leader of the great Bantu people, comes to bring the Bantu to glory or eternal afterlife in battle against the Infidels and support the muslim brothers.
Transit: A European regiment in heavy armor and wagon train can march 30 miles in a day before they need rest.
A Bantu regiment can run 50 miles in a day, and fight at a battle at the end of it.
Bonuses: [We Will Be Sultans] Taught of their manifest destiny by muslim imams, the tribal warriors of middle africa are powerful and relentless warriors - but lack much by way of equipment. Acquiring trained troops is harder for them, but their rabble is more effective.

1-2. My army is becoming heavy with too many slaves and too many trophies. I know what to do with them.

I shall sell some of my slaves upon the moors and berbers, and some of the spoils. The rest I shall send south in great convoys. More men of the tribes and perhaps more berbers will come to flock to Spain when they see the land is ripe and fat for the taking. More berbers and bantu will come and sail to spain in my ships.
>>
Fluff: Second son of a German family, Matthew trained for years with the bow from horseback. An expert marksman on foot or horse, Matthew won a small bit of fame in a tourney held by the Duke of Masovia. His three signature arrows, forest green shafts with swan fletchings, managed to strike the center ring from 400 yards. Not particularly suited for melee combat, due to his short statue, Matthew fights with a short sword and saxe only when absolutely necessary. Otherwise, his bow is his primary weapon. The ability to fire multiple shafts in the span of seconds has been engrained through years of practice, each one carrying a man's life in it's barbed steel head.

The call for the reconquest of the Iberian peninsula struck the young man hard, and with his brother set to inherit what little holdings the family owns, there was nothing to hold Matthew back. Astride his faithful horse Connam, with his bow and wits as armaments, Matthew set off to free the Holy Land.
Military: 50 mounted, 529 men at arms, 391 rabble, 1 Siege Weaponry
Bonuses: [Robin Who?] Mattew is a consummate archer, and is deadly effective when able to engage at range and direct his men to do likewise. When fighting alongside an ally willing to absorb the brunt of the melee fighting, Mattew gets +10 in battle - and his ally gets +5

1: Recruit more men from the liberated lands
2: Train a few of the best archers to ride and shoot at the same time
>>
File: radical islam.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
radical islam.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
>>46673531
FILTHY NEO-TURK DEFENSES ARE NO MATCH FOR FATIMID STEEL

SUNNI GO HOME
>>
Rolled 45, 60 = 105 (2d100)

>>46673711

Why, I do believe that I have ommitted something most important here.
>>
Rolled 7, 59 = 66 (2d100)

>>46673728
dice should've rolled
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 195x258
Rolled 21, 22 = 43 (2d100)

>>46673475
Fluff: Tariq's ancestors boast a proud history of service to Islam and to al-Andalus. His family claim service to the Ummayad dynasty and all it's successors, extending from before 718 and the conquest of al-Andalus from the Catholic Visigoths. From birth, Tariq has trained in the art of strategy and war, and honed a reputation as a soldier of merit and student of Islam, despite his youth. He aspires to defend his home, despite any cost, and to repel any would be invaders with extreme prejudice. He seeks to make his ancestors proud and win favor as a valiant and loyal servant to his liege, the Emir of Cordoba. With his youth, however, comes a thirst for glory that has yet to be properly sated.
Allies:
Bonuses: [A Worthy Vassal] As vassals of Cordoba, Tariq and his family can occasionally act with the authority of their liege, but may have tasks required of them in exchange.

Bowing deeply before the Emir, Tariq speaks clearly, and with purpose. "It will be done. May Allah favor you and your kin."

With that, the Arab warrior departs from the decadent court, scarcely sparing a steely eyed glance at the decadent bureaucrats, courtiers, and politicians. Tariq detested these men, for they clouded the Emir's head and questioned his judgement. They did not understand the true role of an advisor, and did not grasp the honor in service to a worthy cause. The Emir, and the Caliph above him, were absolute in rule. This was Allah's will.

1. Rallying the men, Tariq makes quick haste to Murcia.
>travel to Murcia

2. Although zealous, the levies from Cordoba were undisciplined. Military drill and hard labor will humble them before Allah, and steel their resolve in battle.
>train rabble
>>
Rolled 70, 72 = 142 (2d100)

>>46673475
Name: Ulfric
Culture: East Rome
Fluff: the son of a Varangian guard and a maid Ulfric served under his father for a time in the Guard before buying an officer's title in the royal army. With his new command he has been ordered to secure the western Mediterranean isles for the empire.
Religion:Pagan
Transit: Ulfric travels by sea with a small detachment of the Imperial fleet
Military: 50 mounted, 475 men at arms, 285 rabble.
Territory: Mallorca
Bonuses: [Son of Varangia] The varangians are known as vicious and capable warriors, famously favoured by Eastern Emperors as bodyguards. +10 to combat when attacking.
1 Build a shipyard
2 Begin work on a forstress in the northern hills of the Island
>>
Rolled 35, 10 = 45 (2d100)

Name: Konstantinos Ibericos
Culture: Byzantine Greek
Fluff: Konstantinos' father served in the Thracesion Theme as a permanent cavalry officer, having been swept into the crusade for a short while at it's height, serving in the retinue of an Italian merchant. Konstantinos was naturally swept into this, and he grew up as the son of a rather confused Byzantine mercenary. He has, through poor luck, grown up in the assorted military camps of the Mediterranean and Levant. As the heir to his father's estate in Thrace, he returned to serve in the military of the empire for a short time, being eventually granted commission to lead a small expedition of theme men to Iberia to fight in their crusade,ostensibly as the Catholics had fought in the Crusade of the Byzantines. This situation has led to him traveling across the Mediterranean in a small Byzantine vessel with a small crew of sailors and some barely trained theme soldiers, not fit for the Tagmata, but not landed enough to serve in the upper class of the Themes.
Religion: Byzantine Orthodox, under the Patriarch of Antioch.
Colour: Purple, if it's available.
Transit: By ship, from Constantinople. The ship was not fitted with Greek fire, more suited to transporting grain.
Military: 50 mounted, 200 men at arms, 1043 rabble.
Bonuses: [A Hand for a Hand] A loyal servant adherent to the Orthodox faith as preached by the Matriarch of Antioch, Konstantinos holds that the Catholics ought to be repaid for their assistance in saving the Empire. This endears him to them, even if they consider their faith borderline heretical. +10 diplomacy with Catholic nations.
Territory:
+Ibiza (Fully Controlled)
1. Establish a church on the Island and baptize the islanders. Those that refuse to convert will be forced to leave the island, or killed if they refuse to leave.
2. Construct a military camp near the largest village on the Island.
>>
>>46673965
A messenger hailing Mallorca arrives with word from Commander Ulfric.
" Seeing as how we are both vassals of our great emperor I wish for us to work together in future endeavors to claim these lands in his name. What say you to this proposal?"
>>
>>46673965
How did that reconquest for anatolia go :^)?
>>
>>46674078
A messenger is swiftly returned
''Of course. A meeting must be arranged in order to establish our shared goals, along with those of our fellow upon the northern island. The establishment of a Balearic Theme would be a great honour to us all, and it would surely see us provided with many extra troops for the Empire''
>>
>>46672881
>>46672893

Hey, can I join in?

Name: Abdallah ibn Ashaqi
Culture: Berber, Moroccan
Fluff: Having inherited wealth and power from his recently deceased father, a minor nobleman in Tangier, Abdallah wants to make his mark on the world. His cautious and conservative father never allowed him to go out into the world. Now free to do as he wills, he sees rising tensions in Iberia as an opportunity. Throughout childhood he was noticed as being skilled and decisive as both a warrior and a negotiator, but also for being ambitious and arrogant. His family have a legacy as sailors, ocean traders and pirates, and Abdallah looks north to the coasts and isles of Iberia.
Colour: White
Transit: Ships.
>>
File: Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_02.png (29 KB, 704x666) Image search: [Google]
Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_02.png
29 KB, 704x666
>>46673531
You set about the task of securing more land - but news soon arrives that the Balearic isles have fallen, that Valencia is in the hands of the crusaders, that the defenders of Zaragoza were torn apart by demons, slaughtered almost to a man.

Every town you comes to begs your protection - and by extension, the protection of the Fatimid Caliph in the east. They are a more tried, true and resilient nation than the upstart "Sunni Caliph" who cannot even defend his own lands, much less muster for an offensive strong enough to take Mecca.

Local north-african lords swear their fealty in the hopes that you will be merciful, and some even come bearing gifts. Men swear to your banner, and your borders stretch now much further.
+3 [Chest of Wealth] Can be expended for a small bonus to another roll, or to hire mercenaries.
+500 rabble

>>46673541
The champion of spear joins your retinue, and you feel much more secure with such a warrior at your back - though their loyalty to coin may be a cause for concern.

While local lords further afield are reluctant to sign away their relative autonomy for your protection, your men start to perform better as cohesive units.
+250 men at arms, -250 rabble

>>46673550
The looting and ravaging Ludovic condones sees the majority of islamic citizens driven from their homes in Zaragoza, their belongings stolen and taken to fill his war chest. Unsavoury types for miles around slink into your camp in the hopes of securing some spoils of their own by joining you on campaign.
+3 [Chest of Wealth] Can be expended for a small bonus to another roll, or to hire mercenaries.
+295 rabble

>>46673579
Yoour men slowly grasp the rudiments of combat, but the training leaves very few men free to march east with you.
+80 men at arms, -80 rabble
>>
>>46674311
>>46673711
>>46673735
Your discussions with the locals secure you access to a few folk and herbal remedies that you had not previously been familiar with.

It's amazing what you can learn if you just listen.

>>46673727
Though for whatever reason people seem reluctant to buy your slaves at first, you do eventually find a buyer who does not object to buying other muslims that you dragged from their homes as you burned their towns around them.

You make a tidy profit.

>>46673728
>>46673747
It seems the sacking of the city and the homesteads around it has driven off the majority of the possible recruits - but a handful of your men take well to the mounted archery discipline you try to school them in.
+12 mounted, -12 men at arms

>>46673818
Your progress is slow with such a massive, undisciplined force to lead and provision - and the rabble are reluctant to better themselves, slothful and argumentative.

>>46673892
A simple shipyard is soon constructed, and the foundations of a mighty fortress laid.

>>46673965
The work on the Church is begun - but efforts are slow, and finding everything required proves difficult, just as it does for the military camp.

>>46674139
Military: 50 mounted, 200 men at arms, 500 rabble.
Bonus: [Nautical Nonsense] Combat on coasts and movement across water comes easily to you. Abdallah gets +5 to such rolls.
>>
>>46674331
Wait, other muslims?

I thought I was raiding christians. Aren't the orange christian territory?
>>
Rolled 70, 86 = 156 (2d100)

>>46674331
Allies:

1. Discipline must be earned through suffering. Humility must be earned through pain. Drill the rabble harder.
>train rabble

2. Continue to the region around Murcia and Alicante
>>
Name: Shiekha Arwa al-‘Adawīyya
Culture: Shie Egyptian
Fluff: Shiekha Arwa al-‘Adawīyya was the only daughter of a great muslim Lord and tribesman in Egypt. When he died, there was no suitable husband for her, and so she inherited the tribe. Though she covers herself in the modesty befitting a woman, it is not in cloth and fabric but in metal and armor. She has taken up the scimitar and horse, and vowed to defend her family's honor and name. When the great Nassor united all of Egypt, she saw in him a mighty warrior of god fitting to follow. So she brings her clan in his service and under his banner.
Colour: Velvet
Transit: I am in Egypt
>>
>>46674378
Yes, it is.
>>
Rolled 68, 93 = 161 (2d100)

>>46674311
Military: 50 mounted, 550 men at arms, 821 rabble.
1 Chest of Wealth

1. Well, if they are tired then, then they should be well rested now, let us proceed to the north and join our new realm with that of Barcelona's borders

2. The town of Mequinenza lies to our southeast, send some scouts to see its defenses and to attempt to find the size of its garrison
>>
>>46674421
*Shia Egyptian
>>
Rolled 90, 93 = 183 (2d100)

>>46674311
Fluff: the son of a Varangian guard and a maid Ulfric served under his father for a time in the Guard before buying an officer's title in the royal army. With his new command he has been ordered to secure the western Mediterranean isles for the empire.
Military: 50 mounted, 475 men at arms, 465 rabble.
Holdings: Simple Shiyard
Bonuses: [Son of Varangia] The varangians are known as vicious and capable warriors, famously favoured by Eastern Emperors as bodyguards. +10 to combat when attacking.
1 Improve the Shipyard
2 continue work on the Fortress
>>
>>46674431
I'm confused.

I thought I had been headed west toward Azka'hail abu-Dakar through the orange christian territory. Have I been raiding Muslims instead?
>>
Rolled 91, 12 = 103 (2d100)

Military: 62 mounted, 517 men at arms, 391 rabble, 1 Siege Weaponry
Bonuses: [Robin Who?] Mattew is a consummate archer, and is deadly effective when able to engage at range and direct his men to do likewise. When fighting alongside an ally willing to absorb the brunt of the melee fighting, Mattew gets +10 in battle - and his ally gets +5

1: Build more siege weapons
2: Find the best engineers nearby to work for me
>>
File: Falcons.jpg (35 KB, 564x362) Image search: [Google]
Falcons.jpg
35 KB, 564x362
Rolled 56, 67 = 123 (2d100)

1. Swell our numbers of cavalry. -1 [Chest of Wealth]

2. Move towards Córdoba in preparation for contra-Crusader actions, prepare my men to make our move.

Fluff: Mercenary Captain, seeks peace for these lands and knows the Catholic monarchs will never allow it.
Military: 157 mounted, 892 men at arms, 176 rabble.
Cadre: [Champion of Spear]
Bonuses: [Is it really so much to Azk?] As a man whose main concern is to fight for peace, Azka'hail gets a bonus of +5 to defensive combat rolls and +5 to diplomacy when negotiating truces.
>>
>>46674331

Abdallah stands at the balcony of his father's house, looking out across the Straights of Gibraltar. In the distance, a faint shadow of land is but a hint on the horizon. That shadow is Iberia, and it hints to him of wealth, power and glory that he could never hope to attain here at home in Morocco. He is sure he can achieve much, if only he is given the chance. No matter, he shall make that chance for himself. First though, he must prepare.

1. Train the rabble. Panicked irregulars are no use in naval combat, where the slightest mistake means drowning.

2. Ready ships for combat. Father owned many ships, but few were in a condition of true combat-readiness. Those that are not must be made so, and those that cannot be should be sold to provide money to better outfit the rest.
>>
Rolled 15, 67 = 82 (2d100)

>>46674581
Fuck, tarded that up, lets try again.

Fluff: Having inherited wealth and power from his recently deceased father, a minor nobleman in Tangier, Abdallah wants to make his mark on the world. His cautious and conservative father never allowed him to go out into the world. Now free to do as he wills, he sees rising tensions in Iberia as an opportunity. Throughout childhood he was noticed as being skilled and decisive as both a warrior and a negotiator, but also for being ambitious and arrogant. His family have a legacy as sailors, ocean traders and pirates, and Abdallah looks north to the coasts and isles of Iberia.
Bonus: [Nautical Nonsense] Combat on coasts and movement across water comes easily to you. Abdallah gets +5 to such rolls.

Abdallah stands at the balcony of his father's house, looking out across the Straights of Gibraltar. In the distance, a faint shadow of land is but a hint on the horizon. That shadow is Iberia, and it hints to him of wealth, power and glory that he could never hope to attain here at home in Morocco. He is sure he can achieve much, if only he is given the chance. No matter, he shall make that chance for himself. First though, he must prepare.

1. Train the rabble. Panicked irregulars are no use in naval combat, where the slightest mistake means drowning.

2. Ready ships for combat. Father owned many ships, but few were in a condition of true combat-readiness. Those that are not must be made so, and those that cannot be should be sold to provide money to better outfit the rest.
>>
>>46674485
The GM is trying to passive aggressively fuck you out of the game nigga
>>
Rolled 57, 55 = 112 (2d100)

>>46674311

Fluff: The First Crusades were remembered as a triumph, not only in Europe, but in Egypt as well. Through faith, perseverance, and the cunning of the Caliph's most trusted general, Nassor ibin'Akil, the Fatimids conquered Sinai, beat back numerous Crusader incursions, and took Mecca without a single drop of blood. Now, in the thirty years since, Nassor's third son-- third of five-- has proven himself a competent and capable general. Like father, like son, they say, and so the Caliph has given Imaad a very important task: safeguard the Western borders of the Caliphate. Break any resistance. Prove that his family line are loyal warriors all.
Forces: 50 mounted, 560 MaA, 640 rabble
Holdings: Significant Port w/ some ships, 3 [Chests of Wealth]
Bonuses: [My father, and his father, and...] A legacy of brave service has endeared you to the Shia Caliph. +10 to rolls asking for support... within reason.

Imaad spread his arms to the assembled new soldiers before him. "I have heard the same tales as you, friends, and rest assured, I am taking pains to prevent such horrors from befalling the people here. The Fatimid Caliphate has struck down Kuffar hordes before, and it shall do so again, if the Christians have not learned from last time.

1. Train the new arrivals, if they are to, one day, defend against the Christian hordes.

2. Continue expanding.
>>
File: deus+vult_71b89b_5834253.jpg (141 KB, 780x468) Image search: [Google]
deus+vult_71b89b_5834253.jpg
141 KB, 780x468
Rolled 50, 77 = 127 (2d100)

>>46674331

Fluff: A mid-ranking knight of the Knights Hospitaller, finding himself leading a small band of like-minded cavalrymen, Otto was purportedly sent in order to oversee the progress of his peers, as well as ferry a large surplus of supplies to both his fellow crusaders and any bereaved locals. Taking his responsibilities seriously, he and his men believe in fighting with a strange code of honor, defending the weak and innocent from harm, even extending some mercy to pagans and the misguided heretics. After all, are not all equal under God's eyes?
Bonuses: [Warrior of God] +10 to combat rolls against religious enemies. -10 to combat rolls against fellow Christians and civilised Pagans.

1. - Zaragoza requires many things in it: among those a proper place of worship to The Lord. See to it that such a structure is built in order to accomidate those faithful, using words of encouragement and funds from mine own pockets to fund it. After the conflict these people have suffered from today, the least we can do is repay them in part.
2. - With their own medical knowledge, build a hospital wing attached to this pending church: it shall serve as a place to mend the ill of all The Lord's creatures, for all are equal under the Lord, even if they be heretics, traitors, or other uncouth sorts: all can be redeemed!
>>
>>46672881
>Name: Antonio Italiano
>Culture: North Italian (Milan / HRE)
>Fluff:
Antonio Italiano was one of many children to the wealthy Italiano family. Not nobles but rich merchant men they flaunted everything that could be bought for money, still they had not managed to purchase themselves the name of true nobility, but they were certain their time would come.

While there were those who were expected to continue the family business Antonio was much more tasked with continuing the Italiano line. The why was quite clear if only you laid eyes upon him a single time.

The people of Milan said that Antonio had not been born but struck from Marble by an Angel. The statue it had made was so beautiful that the angel kissed it and Antonio awoke to life.

Of course the story is a lie, Antonio was very much his mother's child, much to the dismay of his father's wife, but his incredible looks could not be denied.

What Antonio offered in looks and charm he lacked in martial ability, though not unwilling to have a duel for this or that Antonio was a horrible strategist. Though not uninspiring his tactics were often bold but stupid.

Still when the Crusade was called for his father decided that he should participate none the less. More a show of support than actual support Antonio would serve little more purpose than seducing women and supplying gold, however he would try to somehow impress a local faction sufficiently in order to gain his family their first true holding.

>Religion: Roman-Catholic
>Colour: Any
Transit: With a merchant ship into Pierre's turf from there through to Crispinus
>>
Rolled 44, 34 = 78 (2d100)

>>46674331
Fluff: Konstantinos' father served in the Thracesion Theme as a permanent cavalry officer, having been swept into the crusade for a short while at it's height, serving in the retinue of an Italian merchant. Konstantinos was naturally swept into this, and he grew up as the son of a rather confused Byzantine mercenary. He has, through poor luck, grown up in the assorted military camps of the Mediterranean and Levant. As the heir to his father's estate in Thrace, he returned to serve in the military of the empire for a short time, being eventually granted commission to lead a small expedition of theme men to Iberia to fight in their crusade,ostensibly as the Catholics had fought in the Crusade of the Byzantines. This situation has led to him traveling across the Mediterranean in a small Byzantine vessel with a small crew of sailors and some barely trained theme soldiers, not fit for the Tagmata, but not landed enough to serve in the upper class of the Themes.
Transit: By ship, from Constantinople. The ship was not fitted with Greek fire, more suited to transporting grain.
Bonuses: [A Hand for a Hand] A loyal servant adherent to the Orthodox faith as preached by the Matriarch of Antioch, Konstantinos holds that the Catholics ought to be repaid for their assistance in saving the Empire. This endears him to them, even if they consider their faith borderline heretical. +10 diplomacy with Catholic nations.
Territory:
1. Redouble our efforts to construct a secure camp.
2. Establish at the very least a shrine and altar.
>>
Rolled 87, 16 = 103 (2d100)

Name: Prince Florian of Antalya
Culture: Antalyan
Fluff: During the first crusade James of Scotland conquered the southern shores of Anatolia and took the city of Antalya as his seat of power. Being blocked in by the Byzantine empire by land the nation focused inward, and partially thanks to the tolerance of King James, became a center of the sciences and arts.

Florian is the third prince of Antalya, and as such doesnt expect to inherit much from his father. As such he set off with some me to join the reconquista to claim some land for Antalya and himself.
Religion: Orthodox
Colour: Blue
Transit: Sail
Military: 75 mounted, 300 men at arms, 410 rabble.
Holdings: Valencia {Port City}
Bonuses: [Antalyan Prince] Raised in a land of peace and progress, Florian gets +5 on literally anything that does not involve war or soldiers.

1. You construct additional Pylons. (Recruit Peasants)
2. Its the! Eye of the Tiger! Its the will of the fight! (Train Peasants)
>>
Rolled 59, 3 = 62 (2d100)

>>46674311
Fluff: The son of a son of a legend. Ludovic travels from God's Kingdom at the age of eighteen with a contingent of the terrifying elite Templar Knights and a banner that inspires awe across the Christian world. A second child, Ludovic is young, ambitious, and ruthless. The Iron steps of the Templars do not stop in Jerusalem. Not in France. Not until the ends of the earth. Not until they win.
Military: 75 mounted, 300 men at arms, 725 rabble.
Important Items: [4 Chest of Wealth]
Bonuses: [Prince of Jerusalem] Ludovic's family is widely regarded as a line of heroes across Christendom. Ludovic himself is stubborn and ruthless, and his troops tend not to break easily.

1. As we secure the local lands around Zaragoza and cement our control, send scouts out to establish the current state of our opposition, as well as selecting the next target on our trek to the heart of the Umayyad menace - Cordoba. Taking the city will surely destroy the Caliphate in Spain for good. But first, we must find our path there, and what must be taken along the way.

2. Train these rabble in our newly-established zone of control. The equipment and grounds of these lands will find new usage.
>>
>>46674684
>tfw OP fucks over the mudlimes so hard, they quit
Can we do this for allthe Islams pls?
>>
File: Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_03.png (30 KB, 704x666) Image search: [Google]
Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_03.png
30 KB, 704x666
>>46674379
With sterner discipline, you drive the rabble on and ensure they learn to wield their weapons appropriately.
+140 men at arms, -140 rabble

>>46674421
Bonuses: [Fangirl] Having followed Nassor's son Imaad to central north africa, Arwa gets +5 on rolls when trying to attract sempai's attention.

>>46674432
Your men establishj a safe corridor to Barcelona in the north, through which you can funnel supplies to fuel your conquests of places like Mequinenza, which your scouts find remarkably vulnerable - and you seize upon the opportunity to secure it and the neighbouring lands.

>>46674474
Frenzied work is done to both the shipyard and your fortress, and a small fleet soon sits at bay, with the rising walls of a partially-built fortress looking down upon it.

>>46674684
For the record, this is untrue. >>46674485 You were deep in muslim territory when you said you headed west, raiding as you went.

>>46674488
Remarkably, the artisans you picked up are getting the hang of making siege weaponry. It may be slow to move, but it can be devastating when employed properly. Unfortunately no engineers are immediately forthcoming.
+3 [Siege Weaponry]

>>46674508
You spend some goods outfitting new mounted warriors, and before long you have several more skilled men under you, as you make your way south across Iberia.
+18 mounted, -18 men at arms

>>46674581
>>46674606
The men you seek to train get violently seasick as soon as they step up on deck.

Maybe that's them getting such things out of their systems?

At least you have reasonable luck securing enough ships to transport your forces.

>>46674718
Expansion slows after an initial windfall, but you crawl up the coast well enough, blooding your recruits on small towns that insist on resisting.
+115 men at arms, -115 rabble
>>
>>46675418

>>46674888
You erect a small church and a hospital wing. Although it is expensive, those locals who were not purged or chased from the city are supremely grateful for the services it provides.
-1 [Chest of Wealth]

>>46674945
Bonuses: [Prettyboy] +10 to those rare rolls where somebody being attracted to you might actually help.

>>46675085
A small shrine seems possible - and a simple stake perimeter makes a reasonably secure camp site.

>>46675115
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
+265 rabble

>>46675281
Cordoba is still far, far to the south west - much land lies between you and there, and how long it will take while being harried by the moors none could say.
>>
>>46675418
Oh. I see.

I thought it was clear when I wanted to head west and raid, I wanted to raid once I crossed the border into orange.

I had been wondering why my brown dot was not moving.
>>
Rolled 54, 93 = 147 (2d100)

>>46675418
>Name: Ulfric
>Culture: East Rome
>Fluff: the son of a Varangian guard and a maid Ulfric served under his father for a time in the Guard before buying an officer's title in the royal army. With his new command he has been ordered to secure the western Mediterranean isles for the empire.
>Religion:Pagan
>Colour: Black
>Transit: Ulfric travels by sea with a small detachment of the Imperial fleet
>Military: 50 mounted, 475 men at arms, 465 rabble.
>Territory: Mallorca
>Holdings: Simple Shiyard
>Bonuses: [Son of Varangia] The varangians are known as vicious and capable warriors, famously favoured by Eastern Emperors as bodyguards. +10 to combat when attacking.
>1 Improve the Shipyard
>2 continue work on the Fortress
>>
>>46675403
Get ready to pay your Jizya with your wumen Cuckstrian.
>>
File: truth-crusades.jpg (74 KB, 862x582) Image search: [Google]
truth-crusades.jpg
74 KB, 862x582
Rolled 18, 68 = 86 (2d100)

>>46675418
Military: 50 mounted, 550 men at arms, 821 rabble.
1 Chest of Wealth
Holdings: [Mequinenza] (Crib full o' bitches)

1. The salient still stands, let us claim all the Muslim lands that remain inside of the pocket we've created, so as to not get flanked should the other Muslims decide to attack.

2. As we claim yet more land, the need for soldiers to defend it rises ever higher, let us send a call to all knights of the north, be they Spanish, French, Italian or even Germanic, come to us and fight for a free Christendom!

+1 Chest of Wealth
>>
Rolled 61, 32, 57, 56 = 206 (4d100)

>>46675418

>>46674331
1-2. Cross the border into orange.

>>46675418
1-2. Keep heading west. Make sure we're in christian lands.
>>
Rolled 8, 55 = 63 (2d100)

>>46675438
Territory:
++Orthodox Shrine
++Lightly Fortified Camp
1. Begin construction of homesteads for some of my men.
2. Send a message detailing my progress, and the progress of my fellows back to Constantinople, requesting more ships in order to establish a naval theme on the Balearic Isles, and requesting further instructions.
>>
Rolled 4, 97 = 101 (2d100)

>>46673818
1. Put myself at al-Aziz's disposal, joining his forces.

2. Conduct some trade on the campaign trail, buying low and selling high. What we lack in acumen we can make up for in ability to transport in bulk.

Military: 157 mounted, 892 men at arms, 176 rabble.
>>
Rolled 96, 57 = 153 (2d100)

Name: Ungodala
Culture: Iberia
Fluff: Raised from birth to fight for his home, Ungodala has recieved permission to protect it
Religion: lberian
Transit: March
Military: 50 mounted, 592 men at arms, 358 rabble.
Bonuses: [Blessed Protector] A native Sunni muslim, Ungodala knows how to navigate and protect his home. He receives +5 to defensive combat and can travel further.

1,2. TRAIN, THE, RABBLE. ALLAHU ACKBAR!
>>
Rolled 79, 65 = 144 (2d100)

>>46675418
>>46675438
Military: 75 mounted, 300 men at arms, 725 rabble.

1 + 2 :Train the rabble we've acquired in our new headquarters as we establish order in Zaragoza and build the city back up. Keep an open ear to the talk of scouts and rumors, as once these men are proper soldiers we will be headed on the campaign trail once more. With the money we have recently acquired, I could feasibly knight some of those men to show the greatest bravery and skill in our latest battle, with armaments worthy of such. Carrying around so much loot is never an incredible choice, and with luck we will find a good deal soon enough.
>>
Rolled 75, 95 = 170 (2d100)

>>46675438

Important Items:

1. - Seek out the locals and perform errands for them in order to start and rebuild our supply reserves; this will all be very needed in the future, I presume!
2. - >>46675664 This fellow crusader could use a hand; aid him in training his men to better defend those in need of defense, and stand for the will of The Lord!
>>
Rolled 77, 91 = 168 (2d100)

>>46675418

1 and 2 Training our rabble isn't optional, we need decent soldiers. Try again to train the rabble.
>>
Rolled 49, 8 = 57 (2d100)

>>46675418
Forces: 50 mounted, 560 MaA, 640 rabble

Imaad spread his arms to the assembled new soldiers before him. "I have heard the same tales as you, friends, and rest assured, I am taking pains to prevent such horrors from befalling the people here. The Fatimid Caliphate has struck down Kuffar hordes before, and it shall do so again, if the Christians have not learned from last time.

1. Train the Rabble.

2. Expand
>>
Rolled 88, 32 = 120 (2d100)

>>46675418
Culture: Shia Egyptian
Fluff: Shiekha Arwa al-‘Adawīyya was the only daughter of a great muslim Lord and tribesman in Egypt. When he died, there was no suitable husband for her, and so she inherited the tribe. Though she covers herself in the modesty befitting a woman, it is not in cloth and fabric but in metal and armor. She has taken up the scimitar and horse, and vowed to defend her family's honor and name. When the great Nassor united all of Egypt, she saw in him a mighty warrior of god fitting to follow. So she brings her clan in his service and under his banner.
Bonuses: [Fangirl] Having followed Nassor's son Imaad to central north africa, Arwa gets +5 on rolls when trying to attract sempai's attention.

1. Imaad ibin'Nassor goes to unite the coast. I shall go in the south and unite the desert in his name. Ride out!
2. Look for any desert warlords tribes that have not yet come under ibin'Nassor's banner. I must find those that can be turned, can be brought to heel, or can be killed.
>>
>>46675808
MaA: 675
Rabble: 525
>>
Rolled 14, 42 = 56 (2d100)

Military: 62 mounted, 517 men at arms, 391 rabble, 4 Siege Weaponry

1&2) Claim lands in the name of Christendom
>>
>>46675418
>>46675418
Military: 50 mounted, 473 men at arms, 1208 rabble.
Allies:

1. Upon reaching Murcia, send a missive to the ruling Emir, beseeching him to supply men and arms for the upcoming offensive, and inviting him to personally join the Cordoban Host

2. A missive is also sent to the Emir of Alicante
>>
Rolled 84, 67 = 151 (2d100)

>>46676042
If you don't roll you get shit DM rolls
>>
Rolled 42, 87 = 129 (2d100)

>>46676042
Someone please roll for me
>>
Rolled 1, 89 = 90 (2d100)

Sorry im late had some stuff w family

Train my rabble

Name: Jacob
Culture: Iberian Jew
Fluff: Born into a rich and religious family Jacob was taught his entire life to respect YHWY. With the coming reconquesta he knows that his way of life life will end and his people will suffer. Using the influence of his family Jacob plans to repulse the invaders at all costs.
Religion: Jewish
Color: red
Transit: Lives here

military: 116'mounted, 472 men at arms, 858 rabble.
Bonuses: [Oy vey!] Being of uncertain loyalties, Jacob can probably get along with either side in this conflict - but is beloved by neithe
>>
>>46672881
Name: Alfonso Bernardo
Culture: Gallego(Gallaecia, Castille-Leon wahtever)
Fluff: A knight bound to the mayor of a fishing village in northern Galicia, Alfonso's family has lived in that village for a few hundred years now, enjoying the static and decent life they've made there. Alfonso, however, is not satisfied with his things are going for his country. While the throne has pushed them back, greedy lords from other countries have come to stake their name and plant their own kingdoms at the behest of the queen! So, Alfonso has decided to form his own army and reclaim Iberia for the Spanish.
Religion: Christian; with pagan elements
Colour: Cyan or light blue
Transit: From Gallaecia
>>
Rolled 32, 2 = 34 (2d100)

Name: Pierre the "Most Pure"
Culture: Toulousian {French}
Fluff: Pierre Lautremont is a local preacher of the Cathar Christian sect. During the persecution, his followers were largely destroyed with Pierre managing to escape and hide. With the coming of the crusade, Pierre has found his chance to rally the masses to his banner: he has promised them revenge, land, and salvation. His charisma is striking.
Religion: Cathar [Christian Heretic]
Transit: Local
Military: 24 mounted, 163 men at arms, 906 rabble.
Bonuses: [Absolutely Heretical] He may be a heretic, but his rhetoric is compelling. +5 to recruitment rolls.

----
Actions
---
1. Pierre continues to rally the hordes and the petty nobles to his banner. [Rally the petit nobles] {+5}
2. Subsequently, he engages in limited warfare against smaller nobles that resist: burning their estates, redistributing their wealth, and engaging in a flurry of iconoclasm. [Terror]
>>
Rolled 55, 21 = 76 (2d100)

>Name: Philaretos Photius
>Culture: Greek/Imperial with Visigothic Heritage
>Fluff: Philaretos is the son of Uriel Photius, who was an agent of the Emperor in the early Crusade of the East. He was recalled due to the Byzantine politics of the Capital. Uriel eventually married a Visigothic noblewoman whose family fled Spain in the more recent conquests. With the Emperor taking a renewed interest in the West, the Photius family has sent Philaretos, trained for war and administration, to Spain to assist Christendom in reclaiming Hispania - under the banner of the Empire, of course.
>Religion: Orthodox
>Colour: Blue and Gold if possible
>Transit: Sailed.

Military: 50 mounted, 334 men at arms, 576 rabble.
Resources: 3 [Chests of Wealth]
Bonuses: [Byzantine Clerk] Trained for wartime administration, Philaretos can easily establish supply lines, baggage trains and other logistics for new troops, making recruitment easier. +5 to recruitment.

Territory:
+Minorca (Fully Controlled),
++Minorcan Forifications [almost peerless defensive emplacement][well garrisoned,local,loyal]
++Minorcan Shipyard(incomplete)

1. We do not speak of last time, but we shall repeat the intent. We need those ships!
2. Perhaps my father smoothed things over with the Emperor. Send back to Constnatinople a request for additional support.
>>
File: Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_04.png (30 KB, 704x666) Image search: [Google]
Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_04.png
30 KB, 704x666
>>46675507
The shipyard is now reasonably extensive, and the basic fortress is completed remarkably quickly. You could pronounce it finished and name it, or spend some more time improving its defences and building curtain walls.

>>46675536
After an abortive push into the lands still remaining behind, a handful of northern knights do indeed find their way into your command.
+10 mounted

>>46675581
You plunge deep into christian territory.

>>46675637
On unsteady ground, many of the homesteads collapse as soon as they are erected.

Your letter to Constantinople merits a reply, congratulating you on your efforts so far, but restating that the campaign is to be left to your discretion - though the Imperial Court advises co-ordinating with the western christians in an attempt to display Roman skill and tact. A handful of ships accompany the reply.

>>46675641
You make a stunning profit from the campaign trail, profiteering with consummate expertise. This ruffles a few feathers, and you suspect you might have misspoken when introducing yourself to al-Aziz, comparing his mother to an ape - but on the other hand, profit!
+6 [Chests of Wealth]

>>46675661
Your rabble seem, by the end of this month, entirely transformed into a stalwart fighting force.
+358 men at arms, -ALL rabble

>>46675664
Your men train hard as they listen for rumours, but they are working so hard very little reaches their ears >>46675735 especially when assistance comes from the Hospitaller who was almost lost in the battle for Zaragoza.
+428 men at arms, -428 rabble

>>46675735
You feel as though you really contributed to the training of Ludovic's soldiers, and the locals view you as one of the better crusaders for helping to restore their city after the sacking.

>>46675776
This time, many of your men are able to find their sea legs. In fact, the majority of your footsoldiers are now of professional quality.
+315 men at arms, -315 rabble
>>
Rolled 11, 31 = 42 (2d100)

>>46675438

>Fluff:
Antonio Italiano, the sexiest Crusader ever.

Transit: With a merchant ship into Pierre's turf from there through to Crispinus

>Military:
+ 50 Mounted
+ 200 Men at Arms
+ 500 Rabble.
>Bonuses:
+ [Prettyboy] +10 to those rare rolls where somebody being attracted to you might actually help.

1. Ah yes! His new arrival in Spain! It was time for Antonio to find a suitable warrior woman to woo. Someone capable of teaching the Rabble how to use a real weapon, he certainly wouldn't mind a bit of arabic flavor either.
+ [Prettyboy] +10 to those rare rolls where somebody being attracted to you might actually help.

2. With that taken care of it was time for Antonio to set down a trade post in order to generate profits and serve as a base of operations in the near future. It would preferably be located deep within secure Christian lands.
>>
>>46676951
>>46675808
>>46675828
The rabble train well, but efforts to expand again are rebuffed.
+90 men at arms, -90 rabble

>>46675810
You secure several notable watering holes, and station guards at them. This ought to make travel through the deserts more difficult for those unwilling to pay homage to the Fatimid Caliphate.

The desert warlords unfortunately remain elusive for now.

>>46675871
Some small gains are made in terms of territory, but progress seems slow.

>>46676042
A crass mercenary comes upon your camp, asserting that he is a powerful warrior and that you are lucky to have him, while he simultaneously profiteers off supplying your forces. >>46675641

At least the rulers of the south seem receptive to your demands, and each offer to send you a force - if you will promise them ownership of Valencia once it is recaptured.

[Optional - Choose Between]
[Men of Murcia] 50 mounted, 250 men at arms
[Army of Alicante] 300 men at arms, 500 rabble

>>46676523
You train your rabble decently well, but despite the legality of your autonomy, the growing strength of your military starts to put your Sunni neighbours on edge. They are starting to mass their troops at the bounds of your territory - and though you're not certain of their exact intentions, it's bound to be nothing good.
+175 men at arms, -175 rabble

>>46676653
Bonuses: [Long Live the Queen!] +5 when directly opposing the enemies of Castille.

>>46676688
You manage to find one petty noble who joins your cause on the condition that you attack and embarrass his rival. Seeing no issue with the deal, you embark on a raid on a small walled manor, only to be viciously repulsed and to lose dozens of your followers.
+1 mounted, -81 rabble
>>
Rolled 9, 43 = 52 (2d100)

>>46676951
3 [Chests of Wealth]

1-2. Raid. I think this is the right place. Only one way to find out. See if these villages hold anything different from the last one's we've raided. Burn the towns, go into the homes and take out what you can find.
>>
>>46676929
You secure a handful of ships, but hear no word back from Constantinople.

>>46676955
Shockingly, no woman seems to want a recently-arrived Crusader. They must be lesbians.

To make matters worse, there seem to be no easy inroads in trade.
>>
Rolled 59, 76 = 135 (2d100)

>>46676951
Holdings: Extensive Shiyard
1 Contruct a chruch for the faithful
>>
Rolled 100, 46 = 146 (2d100)

Fluff: Born into a rich and religious family Jacob was taught his entire life to respect YHWY. With the coming reconquesta he knows that his way of life life will end and his people will suffer. Using the influence of his family Jacob plans to repulse the invaders at all costs.

military: 116'mounted, 642 men at arms, 684 rabble.
Bonuses: [Oy vey!] Being of uncertain loyalties, Jacob can probably get along with either side in this conflict - but is beloved by neither

>Begin fortifying the region

>invest in mines and smiths
>>
Rolled 82, 78 = 160 (2d100)

>>46676951
>>46676984
Military: 75 mounted, 728 men at arms, 297 rabble.

1. Continue to train the remaining rabble before we move out.

2. Advance towards Calatayud, on the way to Madrid in the heartland of Hispania. The place hardly qualifies as a city and holds no fort, but it is the second-largest settlement in the region other than Zaragoza, and is on the path to Madrid. Its capture will allow us to recruit and reinforce ourselves before sending campaign letters out and advancing southwards, towards the center of Madrid - and then Cordoba and victory.
>>
Rolled 28, 58 = 86 (2d100)

>>46676984

1. Go forth and claim all desert herders and tenders of animals in the name of Nassor, and move them all into Fatimid Caliphate lands.. Not only will we add to the army's food supply, we will flush out any holdouts by depriving them of food and their water holes.

2. Recruit more mounted camel riders. We shall need more eyes and ears in the sands.
>>
Rolled 79, 11 = 90 (2d100)

>>46677019
>Fluff:

>Military:
+ 50 Mounted
+ 200 Men at Arms
+ 500 Rabble.
>Bonuses:

1. A lesbian! Genius! Why had he not thought of this earlier? He needed to find a lesbian to train his army and seduce her with his incredible charms! Though certainly the latter option could wait, he still needed a combat lesbian to further his goal of a viable army.

2. Not within any viable trade routes? Silly! As an Italian Antonio was by law and culture required to do two things. One thing was waving with his hands and shouting while he was talking and the other was make sure that wherever he went a trade route had to be established.
+ Establish a trade route!
>>
Rolled 91, 48 = 139 (2d100)

>>46676951
Fluff: Raised from birth to fight for his home, Ungodala has recieved permission to protect it
Religion: Muslim
Military: 50 mounted, 950 men at arms rabble.
Bonuses: [Blessed Protector] A native Sunni muslim, Ungodala knows how to navigate and protect his home. He receives +5 to defensive combat and can travel further.

1,2. Head to the nearby city and begin training its men in defensive warfare. Not only that but help it set up for a possible siege.
>>
>>46677082
I meant to say Toledo. be aware crusaderbois, we come forth next turn
>>
Rolled 15, 51 = 66 (2d100)

Fluff: Pierre Lautremont is a local preacher of the Cathar Christian sect. During the persecution, his followers were largely destroyed with Pierre managing to escape and hide. With the coming of the crusade, Pierre has found his chance to rally the masses to his banner: he has promised them revenge, land, and salvation. His charisma is striking.
Military: 25 mounted, 163 men at arms, 825 rabble.
Bonuses: [Absolutely Heretical] He may be a heretic, but his rhetoric is compelling. +5 to recruitment rolls.

----
Actions
---
1. Pierre leans on his noble friend to introduce him to noble circles. [Recruitment: +5]
2. Recruitment starts again. This time it's a bit more thought out, and Pierre himself looks for areas that are particularly angry with their local nobles: he figures that his influence will go much further by exploiting the resentment already present. [Recruit from angry towns and cities]
>>
>>46677082
>>46677163
Obviously what I meant to say was Albacete.
>>
File: golden_age.jpg (15 KB, 236x279) Image search: [Google]
golden_age.jpg
15 KB, 236x279
Rolled 45, 74 = 119 (2d100)

1. Train rabble into proper Men-at-Arms.
2. Support the train, helping Tariq Abd al-Aziz on his Holy March forward.

Military: 175 mounted, 892 men at arms, 176 rabble.

+6 [Chests of Wealth]
>>
Rolled 60, 49 = 109 (2d100)

>>46676951

Military: 50 mounted, 515 men at arms, 185 rabble.

Our men are ready enough, and those who aren't better learn on the job.

1. Set sail from Morocco for Alicante (+5 bonus)

2. Continue to do so (+5 bonus) (I assume a journey of that distance takes more than one action).
>>
Rolled 1, 30 = 31 (2d100)

>>46677019
Hah. The ships are ready, but my men... let's see.

>Fluff: Philaretos is the son of Uriel Photius, who was an agent of the Emperor in the early Crusade of the East. He was recalled due to the Byzantine politics of the Capital. Uriel eventually married a Visigothic noblewoman whose family fled Spain in the more recent conquests. With the Emperor taking a renewed interest in the West, the Photius family has sent Philaretos, trained for war and administration, to Spain to assist Christendom in reclaiming Hispania - under the banner of the Empire, of course.

Military: 50 mounted, 334 men at arms, 576 rabble.
Resources: 2 [Chests of Wealth]
Bonuses: [Byzantine Clerk] Trained for wartime administration, Philaretos can easily establish supply lines, baggage trains and other logistics for new troops, making recruitment easier. +5 to recruitment.

Territory:
++Minorcan Forifications [almost peerless defensive emplacement][well garrisoned,local,loyal]

1. Recruit more men. We'll need some more before we land ont he mainland. (+5)
2. Train the Rabble into Men at Arms. +1 Chest of Wealth (spent)
>>
Rolled 100, 66 = 166 (2d100)

>>46676984

Forces: 50 mounted, 765 MaA, 435 rabble

1. Redouble our efforts to expand our influence. Onward.
2. Build more ships.
>>
Rolled 57, 7 = 64 (2d100)

Name: Matthew Fores

Military: 62 mounted, 517 men at arms, 391 rabble, 4 Siege Weaponry
Bonuses: [Robin Who?] Matthew is a consummate archer, and is deadly effective when able to engage at range and direct his men to do likewise. When fighting alongside an ally willing to absorb the brunt of the melee fighting, Matthew gets +10 in battle - and his ally gets +5

1&2) Recruit men to the cause
>>
>>46677415
A messenger from the neighboring isle has arrived.
"Hail Philaretos. I wish to secure an alliance and a promise to work together to better the empire in these distant lands. I have already agreed to work together with Konstantinos and I hope you join our endeavors. "
>>
>>46672881
>Name: Amazu "the drill master Aybary
>Culture: Moorish
>Fluff: Amazu is an old rival of Azka'hail abu-Dakar they gave shared a thousand battles. Fighting both with and against his old friend. Unlike his rival Amazu does not seek to install peace. He has ambitions of carving out his own small Kingdom in Hispania. Also unlike his competitor he is not a warrior of renown. He is best known for the training of his troops he puts out. Specializing in quality over quantity. Many times he contracts a part of his company out to a small lordling or warrior as guards or to help on their own quests and journeys. This has allowed him to maintain steady income despite rarely risking his own safety.
>Religion: Sunni
>Colour: some shade or green
>Transit: sailed.
>>
Rolled 21, 8 = 29 (2d100)

>>46676984
Fluff: A knight bound to the mayor of a fishing village in northern Galicia, Alfonso's family has lived in that village for a few hundred years now, enjoying the static and decent life they've made there. Alfonso, however, is not satisfied with his things are going for his country. While the throne has pushed them back, greedy lords from other countries have come to stake their name and plant their own kingdoms at the behest of the queen! So, Alfonso has decided to form his own army and reclaim Iberia for the Spanish.
Bonuses: [Long Live the Queen!] +5 when directly opposing the enemies of Castille.

1-2; Take over the fishing village and begin training the rabble to use weapons better.
>>
File: radical-islam.jpg (35 KB, 500x272) Image search: [Google]
radical-islam.jpg
35 KB, 500x272
>>46677429
YOUR CLAY BELONGS TO THE CALIPHATE

MORE IMPORTANTLY, IT BELONGS TO IMAAD "GO LOONY ON THE SUNNI" IBIN'NASSOR

SHIA SUPREME
>>
Rolled 13, 57 = 70 (2d100)

>>46676984
Fluff: During the first crusade James of Scotland conquered the southern shores of Anatolia and took the city of Antalya as his seat of power. Being blocked in by the Byzantine empire by land the nation focused inward, and partially thanks to the tolerance of King James, became a center of the sciences and arts.

Florian is the third prince of Antalya, and as such doesnt expect to inherit much from his father. As such he set off with some me to join the reconquista to claim some land for Antalya and himself.
Military: 75 mounted, 300 men at arms, 1295 rabble.
Bonuses: [Antalyan Prince] Raised in a land of peace and progress, Florian gets +5 on literally anything that does not involve war or soldiers.

1. Begin training the rabble. Numbers can mean a lot but it is better to have quality troops.
2. Begin expanding my control of the lands outward beyond the city.
>>
>>46677317
>>46676951

I don't mean to bitch, but just saying I should be at Tangier, not Rabat, which is where you've put my colour on the map.
>>
>>46677557
I totally missed that part, sorry.

Fixed.
>>
Rolled 15, 40 = 55 (2d100)

Military: 60 mounted, 550 men at arms, 821 rabble.
1 Chest of Wealth

1. Take mudslime clay

2. It is time to fortify our outpost at Mequinenza
>>
Rolled 77, 94 = 171 (2d100)

>>46676984
Allies:

As much as Tariq detests profiteering off of the brothers of Islam, pledged to fight the enemies of Allah, he is not in any position to turn away willing Muslim allies, particularly those with experience combating Christans.

Ultimately, Tariq chose the Men of Murcia, as they were seasoned and trained. The Emir of Alicante was decadent, and had trained his men poorly. Surely the Emir of Murcia would make a more faithful ally, and a more deserving steward of Valencia.

1. Build portable siege weapons, to rain fire upon our enemies, in Valencia and farther north.

2. Advance to siege Valencia with our allies, the Emir of Murcia and the mercenary Azka'hail. We will combat the Christian menace and drive them BACK.
>>
>>46677482
The message returns,

"Hail Ulfric! I most certainly shall join in, for the Avtokrator. I am training my men but let me know where we should strike."
>>
Rolled 90, 57 = 147 (2d100)

Name: John De Hampton
Culture: Anglo-Norman
Fluff: Like many English second sons he will not inherit land from his father and so must go out into the world to take his own. He was educated and armed as befitting any knight, although oddly he can read too. He has spent time in Ireland and Wales fighting against the tribal Celts and their unsymmetrical style of warfare. Rumour has it he slew his own cousin when challenged for the hand of a rich land owner and now seeks penance through the blood of infidels.
Colour: Red and white
Transit: Boat in to Asturias, then by foot into the marcher territories of western Christian held Spain
Military: 50 mounted, 305 men at arms, 480 rabble.
Bonuses: [Knight Repentant] Undertaking the crusade to redeem himself of his martial sins, John has a history of prevailing in honour duels, and receives +10 in personal combat
Actions:

1. Have the infiltrators seize the gate and then rush the city to take it

2. Train more rabble into MAA

I am out in Poland, plz no bully. If I get bad rolls assume I didn't roll
>>
Rolled 92, 27 = 119 (2d100)

>>46676951

Important Items:

1/2. - In order to ensure that Zaragoza remains secure, we will eventually have to train the men to better defend their homes; certainly not in the daring yet haphazard styling of the Muslims, but utilizing the readily-built fortifications of the area. To accomidate this, let us construct a temple to serve as Hospalier headquarters for this particular region: from here we shall both train the locals and perhaps glean a few new members into our order in the process.
>>
File: Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_05.png (31 KB, 704x666) Image search: [Google]
Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_05.png
31 KB, 704x666
>>46677007
In the first town you raid, your mostly-naked warriors are repulsed by a militia standing on walls and peppering you with arrows - but you manage to just about overcome the garrison of the next town, scoring some loot that looks suitably Christian.
-44 rabble
+2 [Chests of Wealth]

>>46677051
A simple church is a small thing, easily accomplished, and you start work on a curtain wall to surround your fortress with. It progresses apace.

>>46677063
Forewarned of the impending attack from your muslim neighbours, you set to fortifying your land against them - recruiting soldiers willing to fight and die, building walls, setting up palisades, staking barricades - and when they come to attack you, you manage to fight them off, being no worse for wear after the event than you were before it, despite the desperate, urgent nature of your defence against a vastly superior force.

You even manage to find the time to invest in local mines and smiths.

>>46677082
You overtake catalayud on the march southward, your rabble learning how to fight more efficiently, how to follow orders more adroitly.
+166 men at arms, -166 rabble

>>46677108
Desert agricultue seems quite little and far between, and so very few herders can be pressed into service.

Still, you do manage to engage a few travelling camel-riders, attaching them to your forces.
+5 mounted

>>46677142
[Combat Lesbian 2/10]

>>46677158
Your expertise is invaluable to the local settlements, and they become much more confident in defending their homes and towns thanks to your efforts.

>>46677173
The noble who joined you is soon ostracised by high society, and can do little to introduce a heretic preacher to other aristocrats. The common folk prove much more pliable.
+266 rabble

>>46677258
The rabble learn decently well on the long march, smoothed as it is by your efforts to ease the travel of the host.
+92 men at arms, -92 rabble
>>
Rolled 21, 19 = 40 (2d100)

>>46678776
1 Raise levies out of the faithful population
>>
>>46678776
>>46677317
Your expertise on the seas sees you and your men safely to the coast near Alicante.

>>46677415
Disaster strikes! While Minorca itself is almost impregnable by enemy forces, it is not immune to flooding. Efforts immediately have to be redirected from training and recruitment to shoring up flood defences in the desperate hope that there will remain enough farmable land not submerged in order to feed the survivors of this ghastly natural disaster. Settlements are washed away, and peasants drown in their hundreds.
-82 men at arms, -414 rabble
-ALL [Chests of Wealth]

>>46677429
Under assault now from two fronts - both the young Sunni Caliphate to the west and Imaad of the Shia Caliphate to the south-east, the Zirid Sultanate is collapsing faster than a poorly-made soufflé. Lords defect in their droves, and there's scarcely a combat on the road north - every step being one of triumphant conquest rather than bitter struggle.

>>46677480
Men are still eager to rally the crusade, so long as the latest atrocities have been given time enough to be forgotten.
+288 rabble

>>46677510
Military: 75 mounted, 400 men at arms
Bonuses: [A Model Army] So long as Amazu holds true to his philosophy of quality over quantity, his forces receive bonuses in combat.

>>46677513
The villagers laugh at you when you try to take over.

>>46677543
You expand some small ways out from the city, before noticing clouds of dust on the horizon.

>>46677856
Unfortunately, you are again repulsed, suffering minor losses.
-18 rabble

>>46677876
Your men assemble a pair of siege engines, and march eastward, supported by your allies. Valencia is at your feet. The siege can begin at your order.
[+2 Siege Weaponry]

>>46678058
Your plan works flawlessly, and in a few scant hours of fighting house-to-house, the city is yours.
>>
>>46678796
>>46678130
The locals are generally appreciative of your efforts to help them rebuild Zaragoza, and so when your temple headquarters is erected, you find volunteers seeking to join stretching in lines that go on for streets.

---

EVENT: THE SIEGE OF VALENCIA

Captured by Prince Florian of Antalya in the earliest months of the Reconquest, Valencia has been held and fortified by the Catholic Crusaders for a while - but now, it has come under attack by a vengeful mass of andalusian warriors.

Anyone who seeks to participate should reply to THIS POST with their actions and intent, with any special tactics they wish to employ. Doing so will require the use of AN ACTION.

Unless you are FLORIAN, TARIQ or AZKA'HAIL, you will need to commit ANOTHER ACTION to march and get here on time. Depending on the distance you have to march and your roll, you may or may not make it in time to help.

>>46678794
ULFRIC may not help, as he has already acted.
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>46678776
>>46678818
Military: 75 mounted, 894 men at arms, 131 rabble.

1. I AM CLOSE, TIME TO GO TO VALENCIA

TEMPLARS MUST GROW LARGER
>>
Rolled 67, 47 = 114 (2d100)

military: 116'mounted, 642 men at arms, 684 rabble.
Bonuses: [Oy vey!] Being of uncertain loyalties, Jacob can probably get along with either side in this conflict - but is beloved by neither

I use my ties with the smiths to forge massive amounts of arms and amor to speed the training of my men
I also aquire funds for my provence.
>>
>>46678857
If you intend to join the battle, you should also roll for your participation along with any tactics you intend to use.
>>
Rolled 96, 30 = 126 (2d100)

1+2. Construct siege equipment. Spend -1 [Chest of Wealth].

Military: 175 mounted, 1,074 men at arms, 84 rabble.
+92 men at arms, -92 rabble

+5 [Chests of Wealth]
>>
>>46678818
oh FUCK
I missed this, can I re-route action 2? Becaues Zucker hasn't been on I assumed it was postpoend.
>>
File: 1413706985449.jpg (215 KB, 914x855) Image search: [Google]
1413706985449.jpg
215 KB, 914x855
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>46678916
Ludovic orchestrates a rapid shift of course once he hears of the Siege of Valencia - moving downwards can wait, but the Muslims must be struck down from the walls of this great city immediately. Should we arrive early, we will ride down their camp in the dead of night and turn their disorganized army to ruin in a pitch-black massacre, and should we arrive in the heat of battle, our elite troops will strike them from the back and pin them between the walls of the castle and our blades. They are doomed either way. Notes are also sent to surrounding Catholic lords and crusaders of this intervention. The Muslim commanders must be found, and killed.
>>
Rolled 32, 68 = 100 (2d100)

>>46678796
>>46678776

Name: John De Hampton
Culture: Anglo-Norman
Fluff: Like many English second sons he will not inherit land from his father and so must go out into the world to take his own. He was educated and armed as befitting any knight, although oddly he can read too. He has spent time in Ireland and Wales fighting against the tribal Celts and their unsymmetrical style of warfare. Rumour has it he slew his own cousin when challenged for the hand of a rich land owner and now seeks penance through the blood of infidels.
Colour: Red and white
Transit: Boat in to Asturias, then by foot into the marcher territories of western Christian held Spain
Military: 50 mounted, 305 men at arms, 480 rabble.
Bonuses: [Knight Repentant] Undertaking the crusade to redeem himself of his martial sins, John has a history of prevailing in honour duels, and receives +10 in personal combat

That's great news! Thanks for counting me so late too

Actions :
1. Start taking territory to the north and around the city of Lisbon

2. Invite lords from the British Isles, now that I have a port, tell them they too can earn redemption and fight for land and riches
>>
Rolled 49, 19 = 68 (2d100)

>>46678796

Military: 50 mounted, 252 men at arms, 162 rabble.
Resources: [Chests of Wealth]

Territory:

1. That was a disaster and a setback. Begin recruiting replacements where we can.
2. I said get back to recruiting replacements!
>>
File: Zulu_War_Chants__144222.jpg (26 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Zulu_War_Chants__144222.jpg
26 KB, 720x480
Rolled 30, 97 = 127 (2d100)

>>46678776
5 [Chests of Wealth]

1. Taking this walled town will be our first great victory.

Surround the town, out of range of their archers, and sing the war cries. Our warriors will drive fear and hunger into their hearts as their farms burn around them.

2. Spend a chest of wealth to buy some moorish siege ramps on wheels. Our warriors will them to climb upon the walls.
>>
Rolled 60, 7 = 67 (2d100)

>>46678818
Military: 60 mounted, 550 men at arms, 803 rabble.
1 Chest of Wealth

1. A brother helping a brother is like a city walled, we ride for Valencia! AVER MARIA, DUES VULT MI FRATERNES!

2. Once we arrive, we shall march with Prince Ludovic to pin the animals in and annihilate them, if the levantine prince's forces shall fail, then our rearguard shall charge from the center to relieve his forces, for the head of our drake must be prevailed!
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>46678916
Leverage our extensive cavalry advance and huge mass of Men-at-Arms accustomed to the terrain to our advantage. Divide and conquer the smaller, fractal Crusader forces.
>>
File: Desert_Herder.jpg (118 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Desert_Herder.jpg
118 KB, 1024x768
Rolled 46, 87 = 133 (2d100)

1-2. We control the water holes. What herders remain are now Nassors, and the land falls before his righteous step.

All I must do is wait and watch. Without food or water, the remaining independent lords will be forced to make their move to join or fight to survive. Then we can take them and complete our hold on the desert sands.
>>
>>46678818
Name: Matthew Fores

Military: 62 mounted, 517 men at arms, 679 rabble, 4 Siege Weaponry

1 ) Join our brothers in arms to help liberate Valencia! Men, pack your bags and grab your bows, we're got some Saracens to spit
2 ) Recruit more men, surely the prospect of more glory and plunder will draw men to our cause.
>>
File: 2a6.png (593 KB, 1185x1029) Image search: [Google]
2a6.png
593 KB, 1185x1029
Rolled 68, 13 = 81 (2d100)

Military: 25 mounted, 163 men at arms, 1091 rabble.

----
Actions
---
1. Pierre has begun to expand his holdings: everywhere his small army goes, it topples the old order and establishes makeshift churches while brutalizing the followers of the evil god of illusions. [Expansion]
2. In this activity, Pierre trains the first of his preachers to spread the truth faith among the heretics, apostates, demons, and followers of illusion. [Train preachers to spread the truth faith]
>>
Rolled 40, 73, 87 = 200 (3d100)

>>46679101
Battle Plan: Arm all of the men that we can with bows, it matters little if they are good or accurate. All that truly matters is that they can pull it to full draw consistently. Using our superior ranged capacity, destroy the Saracens' capacity to return fire. Then, pour wave upon wave of our arrows into their camps. Even if a single arrow in a bushel finds it's home in a Moor, it shall be a victory for us
>>
File: 1444610541693.jpg (69 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
1444610541693.jpg
69 KB, 340x372
>>46678959
>>46679011
>>46679047
>>
>>46678796

1-2; Imprison the Mayor. Assume Command. Castille has become corrupt, they're wish for a united Iberia has made them weak and slow. We will take control here and amass and army for Hispania. We will do what Castille cannot and make Iberia great again
>>
Rolled 95, 38 = 133 (2d100)

>>46678796

Forces: 50 mounted, 765 MaA, 435 rabble

"The Fatimid Caliph offers his protection and his grace to you! You merely need bend your knee, accept the holy words, and you will be given bread, safety, from all troubles!"

Imaad lazily whirled his sword in a circle above his head as he strode through the village square. "And all young men seeking to fight for Allah, rally to me!"

1. Recruit more warriors from the vast, newly-conquered territories.

2. Check in with one of the local lords and see what intelligence he has on the Zirid's military forces. We've encountered patrols, rear-guards and skirmishers-- not a true fighting army. Why?
>>
>>46678959
= 19 + unknown bonus
>>46679011
= 22
>>46679125
= 45??? 78??? 92??? who kno

vs.

>>
File: 1451626764138.jpg (477 KB, 800x1626) Image search: [Google]
1451626764138.jpg
477 KB, 800x1626
Rolled 98, 12 = 110 (2d100)

>>46678796
>>46679149
forgot die, oop
>>
File: Scruffituis.webm (1 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Scruffituis.webm
1 MB, 500x282
>>46679139
>>
Rolled 79, 51 = 130 (2d100)

>>46678776
>Fluff:

>Military:
+ 50 Mounted
+ 200 Men at Arms
+ 500 Rabble.
>Bonuses:

1. The Combat Lesbian must be found. It is essential to Antonio's proceedings!
+ [Combat Lesbian 2/10]

2. Establishing a reliable income of wealth was important, the trade route would have to be made workable one way or another.
>>
Rolled 74, 49 = 123 (2d100)

>>46678818

Military: 75 mounted, 300 men at arms, 1295 rabble.

Thankfully they forget that this is a port city. Our supplies shall remain as long as we are not blockaded.

1. Have flaming arrows and oil prepared to destroy siege engines before they may make it to our walls or gates. After that our advantage of the walls is held until they build more.
2. Send spies into their camps to sabotage their supplies. If they can not build more siege weapons or feed their men then this battle is ours.
>>
>>46679245
= 84, 59
>>
Rolled 72, 87 = 159 (2d100)

Important Items:

1. The news of the recent siege on Valencia is most unfortunate; however, our cadre would be insufficient to perform any meaningful services to such a chaotic situation: for now, we must build up, and pray that the city holds until a later time. See to it that these eager recruits are sworn in and trained in the art of combat, as well as the art of medicine, immediately.
2. Many of these men at arms have proven to be loyal, noble assets, pure in heart and body; surely deserving of being properly knighted and indoctrinated into the Order! Let them rise to knights!
>>
File: 4342364.jpg (41 KB, 382x248) Image search: [Google]
4342364.jpg
41 KB, 382x248
Rolled 5, 18 = 23 (2d100)

>>46678818
Allies:
[Men of Murcia] 50 mounted, 250 men at arms

Tariq addressed his advisors, residing over the war table clad in mail and wearing a steely gaze.

"The forces of Cordoba lack a navy, but our mettle will not be found wanting. Prepare machines of war, and with Allah's fire we shall strike a breach in Valencia's walls.

After doing so, our courageous infantry will take the city by storm. This action must be taken with swiftness, as reinforcement could spell disaster for us all.

The remainder of our force, under the command of Emir Yusuf of Murcia, will establish siege lines to prevent a sally forth.

Men, may Allah be with us all."
>>
>>46679842
Allah's not with you lad
>>
Rolled 1, 54 = 55 (2d100)

>>46678818
Religion: Muslim
Military: 50 mounted, 950 men at arms rabble.

1. Head to Valencia, quickly!
2. We intend to meet the enemy head on. With 950 men at arms we shall fight in a defensive formation, advancing on the enemy and forcing them to either retreat or assault multiple walls of shields and spears.
>>
File: Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_06.png (31 KB, 704x666) Image search: [Google]
Reconquest_Map_Thread_2_06.png
31 KB, 704x666
>>46678794
Little progress is made on anything, unfortunately - it just seems to be one of those months.

>>46678862
The smiths you have made contact with provide your men with excellent equipment, and your lands draw in revenue to support your ambitions.
+154 men at arms, -154 rabble
+2 [Chests of Wealth]

>>46678966
Though expansion proves much harder than you anticipated, you do in fact meet several knights from the isles sailing down to join you in your small city-state.
+20 mounted

>>46678981
Despite the damage of the flooding, you set to conscripting whoever you can to make up lost progress - and you make a start, at least.
+244 rabble

>>46679003
Although the defenders of the settlement are starting to starve, they do not surrender - even when they see you constructing crude siege ramps.
+2 [Siege Ramps] - Good for one siege

>>46679075
What few people eke out an existence in the deserts do eventually bend the knee from thirst and desperation.

>>46679106
Through the countryside, your men rove, toppling the established order and their mad religion - but fail to preach much to replace it, as of yet.

>>46679149
>>46679176
This time, you are much more successful - taking charge of a small parcel of land for yourself.

>>46679156
The vast tracts of land you have conquered prove fertile ground for recruitment to your armies, and the locals report that you have not been opposed because the majority of the Sultan's men are still in the west, fighting against the encroachment of the ambitious young Sunni Caliph, who sought to subjugate all western Sunni states and march east to retake Mecca- the ambition that gave the christians the opportunity to launch their crusade.
+950 rabble

>>46679203
[Combat Lesbian 4/10]
+2 [Chests of Wealth]

>>46679640
The hospitallers marshal and train their newly acquired manpower, and seek to train their existing members into true holy warriors.
+32 mounted, +112 men at arms, +316 rabble
>>
File: crusader.jpg (54 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
crusader.jpg
54 KB, 500x375
>>46680636
>>46678917
>>46679842
The grand host arrayed outside Valencia listens to Tariq's words - they know the situation is bleak, but for Allah, they are willing to storm the fortress. They throw together siege towers, ladders and rams - and charge at the walls! Unfortunately, the wheels of their great towers are jammed by something - refusing to turn - and their ram is peppered with flaming arrows as it makes for the gates.

>>46679245
The situation is bleak for Prince Florian. He has a sizable force at his command, but the majority of these are unseasoned boys, unfit to wield proper weapons and unused to siege warfare.

The first rays of hope shine through when the siege towers prove impossible for the moslem force to carry to the walls - but the force arrayed against them is still more professional, more determined, more outraged that you have come to invade their home. Even peppering the advancing troops with flaming arrows, even splashing them in boiling oil as their ladders come up against the walls seems to have little effect - their vast numbers and superior discipline appearing to carry the day-

>>46678857
>>46678959
Until on the horizon appear bands of holy warriors. Forced to march night and day to arrive in time, they pant and wheeze in their armour - but with almost suicidal vainglory they throw themselves upon the ranks of men assailing the walls of Valencia, splitting the attention of the great mosselman host.

But even this cannot stem the tide.

The Catholic contingents, exhausted as they are, cannot put up a fight against the better rested, larger force of the muslims.

They start to flag and fail, but the prince of Jerusalem bids his men to stand firm, for Christendom - remembering a vow he swore to Heaven that he would uphold his father's word, heed his advice, and never cause a battle to be lost just because the cost would rise too high.

With casualties mounting, however, even this seems not enough.
>>
>>46677510
>>Name: Amazu "the drill master Aybary
>>Culture: Moorish
>>Fluff: Amazu is an old rival of Azka'hail abu-Dakar they gave shared a thousand battles. Fighting both with and against his old friend. Unlike his rival Amazu does not seek to install peace. He has ambitions of carving out his own small Kingdom in Hispania. Also unlike his competitor he is not a warrior of renown. He is best known for the training of his troops he puts out. Specializing in quality over quantity. Many times he contracts a part of his company out to a small lordling or warrior as guards or to help on their own quests and journeys. This has allowed him to maintain steady income despite rarely risking his own safety.
>>Religion: Sunni
>>Colour: some shade or green
>>Transit: sailed.
Military: 75 mounted, 400 men at arms
Bonuses: [A Model Army] So long as Amazu holds true to his philosophy of quality over quantity, his forces receive bonuses in combat.

1.Amazu looks at this land and the first thing he realizes is that he will need more troops. Thankfully there are plenty of jihadists come to take this land for Islam.
Amazu will recruit these people for his own army. We can take them in as rabble. Give them basic training and blood them early. The ones that survive the first skirmish will be the ones to receive true training and fully join us.

2. Amazu sends out probes to the various warlords in the region notifying them of his presence and his army. He will accept the best contract to arrive within the week.
>>46677876
>>46675581
>>46673818
>>46680015
>>
>>46680658
>>46679101
>>46679125
Until another relief force appears. Predominantly bowmen, these warriors not only have the advantage of superior range, but also the utility of their own siege weaponry. From a distance, they decimate the moslem lines, and the morale of theislamic force cracks under the weight of the barrage, and they begin to flee the field.

>>46678917
>>46679842
Running, pursued, bombarded, the forces of Tariq and Azka'hail see yet another force on the horizon. This one they recognise as an ally - fellow muslims at last!

>>46680015
Seeing a great host of men charging towards them, Ungodala's force stands their ground. They open with a volley into their foe's disorganised ranks, and charges the scattering force - only to realise that they are fighting their allies, and a mounted charge of Christian knights is coming their way.

Weakened by infighting, they are utterly crushed by the charge, bidding their own retreat in short order.

>>46678857
-131 rabble
-231 men at arms

>>46678917
-84 rabble
-442 men at arms

>>46679011
-788 rabble
-44 men at arms

>>46679101
-

>>46679245
-450 rabble

>>46679842
-990 rabble
-505 men at arms

>>46680015
-520 men at arms
-20 mounted
>>
Rolled 41, 26 = 67 (2d100)

>>46680684
Now with dice.
>>
And with that chaotic happenstance, we close the second thread.

A black day for Islam.

Thank you all for playing, I hope you all had fun.
>>
>>46680741
Military: 75 mounted, 783 men at arms, ded rabble.

moshi
>>
Rolled 65, 44 = 109 (2d100)

military: 116'mounted, 792 men at arms, 538 rabble.

(Two chests of wealth)

With the many improvements i have brought onto the province I will now improve my relationship with YHWY. [Build synagogues and spread the faith]
>>
>>46680741
Military: 50 mounted, 333 men at arms, 218 rabble.
Allies:
[Cordoba's Men] 100 mounted, 250 men at arms
[Men of Murcia] 50 mounted, 145 men at arms
>>
Rolled 31, 81 = 112 (2d100)

>>46680636
1 Work on the Fortress
2 With the Muslims attacking Valencia an attack to their south may be able to trap them against the walls, so using my ships I will set the sea and attempt to take the town of Benidorm by sea to use as a staging point.
>>
>>46680636

Forces: 50 mounted, 765 MaA, 1385 rabble

"They fight against the 'new Caliph', who, in his arrogance, has given the kuffar a window." Imaad ran a hand through his beard. "Foolish. But when we meet the false Caliph in person, -then- can he be reprimanded. We advance onward.
>>
>>46680704

Military: 75 mounted, 300 men at arms, 845 rabble.
>>
Rolled 61, 90 = 151 (2d100)

Military: 25 mounted, 163 men at arms, 1091 rabble.

----
Actions
---
1. Pierre continues to train his best and brightest. The small group continues to grow, and Pierre feels confident the next batch will be suitable. [Recruit priests: +5]
2. The expansion continues. Pierre's control over the petty townships and fiefdoms grows despite his nominal lack of military strength. How this is done is multifaceted: a combination of bribery, threat of force, and a silver tounge. [Expansion]
>>
File: 33nb4sh.jpg (58 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
33nb4sh.jpg
58 KB, 500x405
Military: 60 mounted, 506 men at arms, 15 rabble.
1 Chest of Wealth

>>46680779
A firm smack on the backside is quickly followed up by a firm hand on the shoulder

"A my friend, a glorious day for Christendom to be certain, but what it our next move? Our men are bloodied, but unbowed, surely we must press this advantage, no?"
>>
Military: 175 mounted, 632 men at arms, 8 rabble.

+5 [Chests of Wealth]
>>
>>46680636
>>
>>46680890
"Please Crispinus, take of my cup and drinketh, drinketh deep. I lust for your seed of Adam, scion of Tripoli."
>>
Rolled 27, 29 = 56 (2d100)

Military: 108 mounted, 332 men at arms, 316 rabble
Important Items:

1/2. Continue traning up these common mean into something greater: we can't afford to send those without training into the field and expect them to succede!
>>
>>46680741
When is the next thread?
>>
>>46686493

Also interested in this question.

Dammit, missed all the real fun, and was well placed to get involved as well.
Thread replies: 158
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.