[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games Workshop gets bought by FFG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
So we always do these "what of X buys GW".....

What if Fantasy Flight Games, who already do a ton of warhammer licensed games, buys GW?

do you think that would be a good move?
>>
>>43467416
would they even have the money
>>
>>43467431
No?
>>
>>43467416
depends, we don't have enough financial knowledge of both companies to see how it would affect them properly.

depending on the level of integration, it could be a good move. GW has more expertise with modeling, tolling and distribution, even if the decisions they sometimes make on the business side are utterly dumb. FFG is kind of the reverse, shrewd business sense, but lacks expertise in the creation of minis, which is why iirc X-wing is farmed out to a 3rd party for actual model production.

the acquisition of GW would also give FFG storefronts and shelf space to use for advertising and sales of all the ranges assuming they can handle the overhead.

FFG's writing arm makes decent rules for its games, and it has no delusions about the fact it is a games company.

hard to say, could be best thing ever or the worst possible nightmare for customers.
>>
>>43467416
FFG is a terrible company that makes bad games. It would be perfect
>>
>>43467431
>>43467487
FFG is owned by Asmodee. Asmodee would definitely have the money, especially if GW keeps going down like it has been
>>
File: Fresh Prince Of Costanza.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Fresh Prince Of Costanza.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
>>43467416
Would 40k finally be balanced & affordable?
>>
>>43468787
>balanced
No. FFG has never made a balanced game.
>affordable
Extremely.
>>
>>43468856
>Extremely
Well, one outta two ain't bad, so sign me up.
>>
>>43468856
>FFG has never made a balanced game.
They're putting in a pretty admirable effort with X-Wing, what with putting out "fix" cards for ships that could use a boost (Chardaan Refit for the A-Wing, TIE/x1 for the Advanced, that new X-Wing only upgrade that lets you use your Astromech as an ablative hit point).
>>
>>43468168
They are a terrible company. They don't (always) make bad games. A lot of their games are pretty fun.
>>
>>43468856
I dunno, Armada feels pretty balanced. I feel like when I win or lose, it was because of what I did, not my army list. 40k often feels to me like it barely matters what I do during the game as long as my army list is set up right.
>>
>>43467416
Well for one thing it would kill the FFG RPG fluff doesn't count thing.
Who am I kidding
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.