[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orc Warlord Quest 75
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 5
File: Orc 1.jpg (55 KB, 458x459) Image search: [Google]
Orc 1.jpg
55 KB, 458x459
You are Ur'shal, Chieftain of the Stonetusk Clan and Warlord of the Wastes. Time ticks by as you prepare for war, and while there has still been no word back from your spies, you may soon be forced to make your move regardless.

Your scouts to the north and south have both returned from their scouting missions, Or'kug bringing not only news of the orc clans skulking the coast of Mohr Swamp, but also a few clanless young warriors eager to claim some glory and plunder of their own. They are not the most hardy examples of your race you've ever encountered, and you suspect that they are more the dregs who failed to claim any glory at sea amidst their more powerful peers, still, more orcs are more orcs, and with your conflict with Slaagyr looming, you won't turn away more muscle.

The mission north bears interesting news of its own. Joachim's cult has infested the tunnels beneath the mountain where Slaagyr makes his home, a pestilent mix of humans and ghouls wallowing in filth and gore to praise their goat-headed god. Your scouts bring stories of great mounds of corpses left to rot, thick with insects, the caverns used as communal feeding chambers for the weaker of the cult reduced to little more than animals, of ritual halls where the howling faithful set upon captives and tear them limb from limb to the exaltations of Joachim's priesthood.

(cont)
>>
>>46567800
Fortunately, for all the foulness of the cult, they appear scattered and disorganized, well suited for fending off the occasional skirmish by nearby Kulakin nests, but lacking the planned fortifications, discipline or force of arms to survive a concentrated assault. Still, your clan have yet to be able to penetrate far enough to figure out the route to the main camp, or to Slaagyr's own roost, if indeed such a route exists within the tunnels at all.

The question now falls to you, the chieftain, as to how you will handle this new information.

>You have a weak point, exploit it, prepare your forces to march immediately
>Wait a little longer, send in more scouts to capture one of the priests to interrogate
>Wait a little longer, in the hope that your spy Sascha returns with further information (switch to Sascha)
>>
>>46567804
Links:
>Character Bios: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R9snecj2CMMLcA_gFlvUnqPKKrFJDhMUGmWYcCc0qjk/edit?usp=sharing
>Character Sheets: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16HQFIGCToR2Vv5N2jg_Za9oWs1OMByzQ5ReJSiZFdME/edit?pli=1
>Setting Info: http://pastebin.com/aRt0MR72
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/BrightTegu
>Ask: http://ask.fm/BrightTegu
>Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Orc%20Warlord
>>
>>46567804
>>
>>46567804
>You have a weak point, exploit it.

But can we also send a fast scout ahead to capture a priest if possible? An army marching is going to be slower than a lone rider, and with luck we'll meet them again along the way there and be both close at hand for the assault AND better informed.
>>
>>46567804
>Wait a little longer, in the hope that your spy Sascha returns with further information (switch to Sascha)
>>

We need to prepare more! Also sasha's questline was nice.
>>
>>46567800
>>
>>46567804
>>Wait a little longer, in the hope that your spy Sascha returns with further information (switch to Sascha)
Let's see if out little spy's work has bore any fruit.
>>
>>46567804

Honestly, most information we could get is not actually going to change much.
Better to march now and hope Sascha gets to play more sabotage instead.
>>
>>46567804

I doubt the dragon would allow Joachim and his priests to live without putting the same curse he put on our orcs on them, Slaagyr would most likely be able to see everything the priesthood sees.
>>
>>46568056
All the more reason to get moving already.
We aren't going to be able to mask our approach aboveground any better, at least this way they won't have much intel beyond "enough orcs to crush the feeble scattered cultists" and literally every angle of approach is hellish terrain to attack in.

Move now, don't let the currently poorly organized cultists call in backup or fortify and get shit done already.
>>
>>46567804
>>
>>46567804
>>You have a weak point, exploit it, prepare your forces to march immediately
I feel like this has more benefits, since the waiting option lets us play as Sascha, so I feel like it'd have a drawback as well, like the wyvern being tamed by the time we get there or something.
>>
>>46568124
yeah, considering how the voting is, that's not going to happen. And we don't know what sasha might uncover. Also I doubt waiting a coule more days will change anything in the tunnels, it's not like our spies were captured and killed by the cultists. More intel is always better than less intel.
>>
>>46568209
We don't know how long it would take Sascha to get back.
>>
>>46568209
We don't even know if Sascha is coming back at all, travelling back takes multiple days alone, Slaagyr is already on warfooting and arming up without any additional input, "the far ranging cultists stopped reporting in" is enough to fortify the underground more and unless whatever Sascha uncovers is a magical gateway right into Slaagyr's sleeping chamber we still have to get our army into his camp which means either a tunnel or aboveground assault.

The fact that we're looking at a grindy assault against Slaagyr's camp isn't changing and giving him more time to fortify isn't helping.
Whatever Sascha can do to sabotage his forces is helpful, but we don't need to wait on her report to benefit from it.
>>
Okay, Sascha it is.

Writing.
>>
>>46568377
We still do have a puzzle box that, when solved, teleports you somewhere.
>>
>>46568673
You certainly do. Any time you want to solve it, just let me know.
>>
>>46568708
The elf said it opens a portal, right? So it doesn't just teleport you to the place with no way back?
>>
>>46568734
Yup, opens a portal to somewhere.
>>
>>46568743
Does the elf know if it's reusable or single use or what?
>>
>>46568673
>>46568708
Wait, i've forgotten about that, where and when did we find it ?
>>
>>46568900
It was in Dra'koz's treasure stash.
>>
>>46568900
Took it from Dra'koz's stuff, along with our gauntlets
>>
>>46568767
He isn't entirely sure.

>>46568900
You found a puzzlebox in Dra'koz's loot, all the elf could tell you is that when solved it opens a portal to somewhere.
>>
You are Sascha, former hunter of the Cragfolk and now a spy for your mighty Stonetusk masters. You are accustomed to the cold, the Howling Mountains is known well enough for its bitter chill among it's many other charming features, but this is a whole different kind of numbness.

Joachim left as soon as he appeared, but you still feel his bony fingers on your shoulder. His voice was low, calm, almost hypnotic as he spoke to you of food, shelter, companionship among likeminded people. It was almost enough to make you forget his twisted visage, or the terrible rumors surrounding him and his cult.

If not for your love for the masters, you fear you might have been lured away in spite of yourself, down into the bowels of the mountain, to who knows what dark fate. Joachim faced your rejection of hospitality with a placid rotten-toothed smile, assuring you that his offer remained open for you and your comrades, even as the other Cragfolk looked away, fingers marking old wards against evil in the air.

“Unbelievable, he never comes up here to poach people personally, this is a challenge, a challenge to me,” Snowfox mutters, pacing the cramped confines of her tent as you tug your shirt back over your head one evening.

(cont)
>>
>>46568973
“You think he heard about us?” you ask, one hand in a pocket to thumb the clay vial hidden within. The twinge is growing stronger, and skilled as Snowfox's touch is, it's no longer keeping them under control, you may need to drink the vial soon, or find something a little more substantial to stave it off.

“Probably, I'm sure there's some traitors in the camp. Fuck him though, he tried, and he failed, and everyone saw him fail. Looks like I was right about you,” Snowfox smirks, stopping her pacing to kneel down before you, pulling you into a hard kiss, her hand slipping around to your back.

Still, sitting back and watching petty oneupmanship between Snowfox and Slaagyr's more inhuman lieutenants is doing nothing to further your masters' goals, and you think you've learned all there is to learn of the layout of the camp itself. Perhaps it's time to make another move.

>Time to leave, talk Snowfox into letting you go out on patrol, and desert
>Snowfox is still sore about Alban and that orc, perhaps the two of you can figure out a means to remove the problem
>Try to talk Snowfox into betraying Slaagyr to the Stonetusks
>It's very risky, but you could always offer to infiltrate Joachim's cult for information, on Snowfox's behalf of course
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>46568999
>Snowfox is still sore about Alban and that orc, perhaps the two of you can figure out a means to remove the problem
>>
>>46568999
>>
>>46568999
>>
>>46568999
then this
>Time to leave, talk Snowfox into letting you go out on patrol, and desert
>>
>>46568999
>>Snowfox is still sore about Alban and that orc, perhaps the two of you can figure out a means to remove the problem
>>
>>46568999
>>Snowfox is still sore about Alban and that orc, perhaps the two of you can figure out a means to remove the problem
>>
>>46568999
Nice trips
Well, Joachim's cult is not an option, talking Snowfox into desertion is also quite unlikely as she'd not only feel insulted but also betrayed by us, and I think dealing with the orc is a bit too much risk than worth.
>>Time to leave, talk Snowfox into letting you go out on patrol, and desert
I suppose only other thing we could do is deal with the orc, but that seems like it might turn out not so well.
>>
>>46568999
One problem at a time
>>
>>46568999
Desperate times call for desperete measures.
>>
Best move to make is to let Snowfox think that Sascha was among the first captured.
>>
>>46568999
>>Try to talk Snowfox into betraying Slaagyr to the Stonetusks
>>
Let's ditch after we kill the dude but leave a note in her hut saying to take her people and stay out of the fighting when it happens and we can guarantee they'll remain safe and shit.

Don't give tons of details but i feel like she'll understand that Slaggyr isn't someone she wants to throw her peoples lives away for
>>
>>46569405
Seconding this. Talking her into it seems unlikely to succeed but giving a note allows her to save her people while weakening their forces when we attack.
>>
Writing.
>>
>>46569405
Does Sascha even know how to write?
>>
I'm feeling really good about taking out Slaggyr.

First of all most of the humans we take from slaggyrs people will be a lot more amicable to us as it's somewhat of an improvement from their current lifestyes shown by the fact they all seem to absolutely hate it there and are only there because they were forced into it via the ogre king.

Plus we got the Wyrm thing we can tame.

Plus we should be able to dominate the ogres.

The only variables in this are that unknown sorcerer and slaggyr himself.

On a sidenote, anyone think that a female orc will find that male human chieftain to to be a worthy opponent and want to take him as a slave? He seems like kind of a badasss
>>
>>46569546
Probably, they humans of the cragfolk all did. Like Aledia and inka.
>>
>>46569599
Mabbeh
>>
Hey Warlord, do these figures look right? And can u fill me in on the litter sizes and healthy frequency's of those that i dont know?

>Sho'ka (Stonetusk Orc)
3-5 Litter once a year
>K'zala (Stonetusk Orc)
3-5 Litter once a year
>Ashuris (Ogress Witch)
2-3 Litter every year and a half
>Aleida (Human Cragfolk Tribeswoman)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Inka (Human Cragfolk Tribeswoman)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Ya'zada (Stonetusk Orc)
3-5 Litter once a year
>Lokasi (Jungle Elf Warrior)
>Aurora (Human Cragfolk Sorceress)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Bryna (Nomad Dwarf Thief/Saboteur)
>Izannia (Human Sza Tzasian Magister Sentinel)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Vaki (River Fey)
3-5 Litter every year
>Aletiya (Harpy Matriarch)
???
>Eyira (Harpy)
???
>Isyil (Lamia Dragon Cultist/Sorceress)
???
>Cylwyrri (Centaur Adventurer)
???
>Izeta (Jungle Elf Shapeshifter)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Sethia (Mad Dryad Princess)
3-5 Litter every year
>>
>>46569703
For who, for Ur or for anyone else?

Ur's pure orc litters are slightly larger than 3-5 which would be the standard for an orc, while 2-3 for a human/elf/dwarf/ogre is more due to his boon, while most non-orc mothers will still bear their usual one child, just with a higher chance than usual for twins or triplets.

As for the two fey, there really isn't a "set number", Sethia could produce completely different numbers than Vaki because fey don't follow any real universal rules.
>>
>Orcs don't follow the r/K selection theory.
>>
>>46570041
It's almost as if they aren't a naturally evolved species.
>>
>>46570041
What's that
>>
>>46570090
Yeah, it sounds like the creation of a perverted mind or maybe ALIENS.
>>
“I know you want to make Joachim suffer...”

“Damn right I do.”

“...but that could be difficult right now, he's very well guarded, and we don't even know where he is down there in the tunnels,” you continue.

Snowfox nods in agreement, though she doesn't look happy about it.

“But he's not our only issue, right? There's still Arban and his orc.”

“I haven't forgotten about them,” Snowfox frowns. You'd gathered as much from how she kept muttering about them. She was a lot more lighthearted away from the camp, you don't think this place is good for her. You can only hope that your masters can make her as happy as they made you.

“You bided your time after his orc killed one of your people, he won't be on his guard now, right?” you smile, Snowfox's lip curling up into a smirk to match.

“Hmm, you're pretty ruthless, aren't you Sascha,” she purrs, dragging you into her arms once more, nipping at your bottom lip.

“Just doing what's best for the people who're important to me,” you smile, pressing your lips to hers once more, Snowfox growling into your mouth.

“Arban doesn't have any underlings, so if we sneak in there, we can gut him and his orc while they sleep without raising an alarm. He's probably got magical defenses set up though, I should bring one of our sorcerers along,” Snowfox mumbles, more to herself than to you, you'd imagine, from the way she looks away as she talks.

“You have sorcerers?”

“A couple, a lot of them got poached by Joachim, but some at least remember the value of loyalty to your tribe. The only other problem is how to handle Slaagyr afterwards, if Arban dies he'll be unhappy, buuuuut I may have just the thing to throw off whoever he sends down here to snoop around,” Snowfox grins, shifting aside some of her junk, going for the bag you know all too well from your own search through her belongings.

(cont)
>>
>>46570268
“Just the thing to wind up clutched in the sorcerer's hand, I think,” she smiles, flicking one of the cultist badges up into the air, catching it as it falls.

It looks like you have a plan, and with Arban and whatever powers he commands gone, and further discord sown among his forces to boot, your masters' conquest of Slaagyr's camp will be all the easier.

“I know it's a lot to ask, but will you come with me? I'd feel a lot better having some people I know can handle me for this?” Snowfox asks, taking your hand in hers.

>Of course you'll help
>Perhaps it would be better for you to hang back and keep watch for her
>You think it would be best for you to stay well out of things, you'd only slow her down
>>
>>46570293
>Of course you'll help
>>
>>46570261
I've mentioned it before, possibly only on ask, but there are countless variations of the orc creation myth which all follow the same general story:

Orcs were created to be the weapons of their creators, to conquer and destroy. One of their creators started to lust after her creations, and was disappointed that they were incapable of returning her feelings, and so in secret from her peers, she reshaped them into their current form, which led to the downfall of their creators as the orcs' newfound lusts rendered them uncontrollable and they turned against their former masters.
>>
>>46570293
>>Perhaps it would be better for you to hang back and keep watch for her
Would downing our bottle help us resist our urges if we met the orc?
>>
>>46570293
>Of course you'll help
>>
>>46570359
Yes.
>>
>>46570293
>>Of course you'll help
>>
>>46570383
Then let's down at least half of it, we don't know how much longer we'll have to stay here, but it's better to make precautions
>>
>>46570293
>>Of course you'll help
WE HAVE TO PLEASE THE MASTER!! MAYBE IF WE DO A GOOD JOB WE WILL BE ADDED TO HIS HAREM
>>
>>46570416
>>46570416
After we kill the dudes we should probably flee shortly after
>>
>>46570293
>>Of course you'll help
>>
>>46570421
spoiler:no
Hell, honestly, I feel like not even Snowfox should be added to the harem, as top tier as she is, the harem bloat is real
>>46570456
Yeah, but you know, might need to stay a day or something. Maybe down 3/4 of the bottle
>>
You know, Sascha really isn't the kidn of fighter that can take on an orc or a sorcerer
>>
>>46569841
what about the harpies and lamia and centaur?
>>
>>46570480
I'd rather not have Sascha and Snow Fox just left for some random faggot though.
>>
>>46570351
What race was this
>>
>>46570552
Centaurs and Lamia have single births, so for Ur you're probably looking at 2-3 on average again.

Harpies lay clutches of eggs, 3-5 of them.
>>
>>46570293
>>Of course you'll help
duh
>>
>>46570293
>Of course you'll help
Homicide bounds people together.
We should probably drink our masters' milk.
>>
Okay, helping it is.

So are you drinking some of your vial before the attack?
>Yes, all of it
>Yes, drink half
>No

>>46570581
That tends to change in the telling, either it was some unknown and now extinct race, or it was an ancient civilization of humans, elves or giants.
>>
>>46570581
Time travelling orcs from the future, they fucked up really bad.
>>
How many whelps did Vaki give us?
>>
>>46570789
>half
Could we find out the real ones
>>
>>46570789
>Yes, all of it
>>
>>46570789
>>Yes, drink half
>>
>>46570789
>>Yes, all of it
Leave as little evidence as possible.
>>
>>46570842
The eternal orcish rape cycle.

>>46570849
Five.
>>
>>46570789
>>Yes, drink half
>>
>>46570789
>Yes, all of it
>>
>>46570789
>Yes, all of it
>>
File: 1459230482348.gif (286 KB, 500x443) Image search: [Google]
1459230482348.gif
286 KB, 500x443
>>46570842
>orcs time traveling
>not just Fucking the personification of time itself
>>
>>46570789
>>Yes, drink half
>>
>>46570789
>Yes, all of it
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

All wins.

Writing.
>>
>>46570789
>Yes, all of it
>implying only half would stave off the green fever when infront of an orc.
>>
>>46571149
Why the roll?
>>
>>46571149
Nigga what the dice about?
Hey warlord so its bassocally confirmed that a goat servant saved the traitor right?
>>
>Sho'ka (Stonetusk Orc)
4-6 Litter once a year
>K'zala (Stonetusk Orc)
4-6 Litter once a year
>Ashuris (Ogress Witch)
>Aleida (Human Cragfolk Tribeswoman)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Inka (Human Cragfolk Tribeswoman)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Ya'zada (Stonetusk Orc)
4-6 Litter once a year
>Lokasi (Jungle Elf Warrior)
>Aurora (Human Cragfolk Sorceress)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Bryna (Nomad Dwarf Thief/Saboteur)
>Izannia (Human Sza Tzasian Magister Sentinel)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Vaki (River Fey)
3-5 Litter every year
>Aletiya (Harpy Matriarch)
3-5 Litter every year
>Eyira (Harpy)
3-5 Litter every year
>Isyil (Lamia Dragon Cultist/Sorceress)
2-3 Litter every year
>Cylwyrri (Centaur Adventurer)
2-3 Litter every year
>Izeta (Jungle Elf Shapeshifter)
2-3 Litter once a year
>Sethia (Mad Dryad Princess)
???

So assuming Sethia produces between 2 and 4 a year we're looking at between 39 and and 64 kids a year. I would like to point out that getting a Yzagya Zoka Priestess could as much as double these numbers.
>>
>>46571183
>>46571187
No reason, originally it was a tie, so I had it all set up to roll for half or all, then someone else voted for all, but I forgot to remove the dice.
>>
>>46570789
>Yes, drink half
>>46571040
How do you think they were given the ability to Time Travel?
>>
>>46570789
Lordy, how big would a litter be between an orc with maxed out boons and a high Priestess of the fertility goddess?

In addition to that what's the biggest litter Ur has ever heard about?
>>
>>46571196
My inner civ builder is excited over these numbers.
>>
>>46571254
Largest litters reported have been upwards of 15-16 whelps, though that was a couple of hundred years ago that one of that size last supposedly happened.
>>
>>46571301
Bet no one wanted to hit that after that shit.
>>
>>46571196
From one orc, thats some pretty explosive population growth.

A solid chunk of our tribe is going to be our descendants at this rate.
>>
>>46571332
Fortunately Y'zagya Zoka priestesses blessings can also ensure that such large pregnancies don't cause any lasting damage.
>>
>>46571336
Gotta spread the Übermensch genes
>>
>>46571336
Well we have like over 250 orcs. If even a third of our population is female then that means that 80 orcs are having 3-5 kids.

then you factor in our hundreds of slaves now each gettin pounded every day. But yeah it's reasonable to believe that in 20 years we'll be swimming in our own children. Literally.
>>
Man we need a Y'zagya Zoka Priestess.

Need to get dat efficiency, plus she'll probably fuck better than Zaria.
>>
>>46571481
Goddess of fertility, not endurance.

I doubt many things fuck better than Zaira, maybe dragons and other mythological class beings.
>>
>>46571481
Depends on how long she's been a priestess for, I'd guess.
If she's an established one then she'll be useful, but if she's just a naturally talented one who become a priest then she'll need to figure out how to into eugenics and stuff
>>
“Of course I'll help, it's the least I can do after all you've done for me,” you smile, Snowfox flashing you another grin as she drags you down onto the furs.

It's two nights later that Snowfox rouses you from an afternoon rest, bringing you out into the dark of the night, the camp barely illuminated with anaemic yellow moonlight. You adjust your armor, tugging the strip of cloth up over your mouth and nose, Snowfox pulling a dark hood down over her distinctive white hair. It looks like she's gathered ten others besides you for the assault, veteran warriors of her tribe by the look of them. One of them, an older man, the left side of his face marred with pale, puckered scar tissue, wearing charms and trinkets which identify him well enough as a sorcerer.

“No fuck ups, tonight, Arban's no pushover, and who knows what else he's got in there. His sanctum's far away enough from the rest of the camp that we can afford some noise, but we should still keep it quiet, so let's go,” Snowfox whispers, jerking her head in the direction of the large stone structure perched on the higher outcropping.

You fall into step with the rest, a half-pace behind Snowfox, her hand resting on a long dagger at her belt.

“Hold on,” the sorcerer grunts under his breath, as you reach the foot of the winding stairs up, the older man stepping forward to mutter incoherent arcane words under his breath.

“What is it?”

“An alarm, I can't completely disarm it, but I've weakened it. As long as no-one steps on that step, we should be fine,” he explains, all of you picking carefully over the step as you start the long walk up to the front door.

(cont)
>>
>>46571582
It's a dour structure, built of rough hewn mountain stone, two storeys and large enough to fit a hundred men. The windows are barred, and too small to squeeze through easily even if the bars were removed, which leaves you with only two visible options on how to get in, the reinforced front door, or the eyrie built into the structure's ceiling, which Snowfox tells you once housed the sorceress Aurora's Spirit Vulture.

By the look of Snowfox, she's planning on going through the front, pulling a small carved square of stone from a belt pouch, twirling it between her fingers.

>Leave it to her, she has things under control
>Suggest scaling the building as a less obvious alternative
>Suggest splitting up, half through the front, half through the eyrie
>>
>>46571602
>>
>>46571602
>>Leave it to her, she has things under control
>>
>>46571602

>>
>>46571602
>>Leave it to her, she has things under control
>>
>>46571602
I hope someone marked which step was the alarm step, because it'd be real dumb for it to be set off when folks are walking back down.
>>
>>46571602
>>
>>46571602
>>Suggest splitting up, half through the front, half through the eyrie
Eyrie goes first, front follows
>>
>>46571196
The Elbe's take two Yeats I believe
>>
>>46571636
>>46571660
>>46571679
>>46571683
>>46571748
>letting things keep happening when we have the option to exert player control
things are about to get ugly
>>
>Roll 1d20
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>46571922
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>46571922
Uh, does Sascha know of any orcish gods? Does she pray to any? This would definitely be Zol'gor Tor's area of expertise
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>46571922
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>46571922
JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL I CAN'T DRIVE!
>>
>>46571950
>>46571958
>>46571975
>18
noice
>>
>>46571958
She knows of them, but orc gods aren't for slaves to pray to.

You have access to Ur's stock of Y'zagya Zoka favor for rerolls.
>>
>>46571978
Big J lived 2000 years ago, how the fuck would he know how to drive?
>>
>>46571950
>>46571958
>>46571975
>>46571978
>3=18-15
>2=17-15
Something spooky is going on
>>
>>46571999
Why don't we tell the slaves about them
>>
>>46571574
I care most about the "shorter downtimes between pregnancies"

Seems like the most introductory level priestess stuff while doing insane things for our growth as a clan in the long term.
>>
>>46572177
You do, but orc gods don't listen to prayers from slaves, so there's really no point in praying to them if you're not an orc.
>>
>>46572222
Even for the uber exceptional slaves who prove themselves to orcy enough?
>>
>>46572222
Why don't the gods listen to them we should go up and slap their shit in
>>
>>46572262
Still not orcs, they have to rely on their master's favor with Y'zagya Zoka.
>>
You wait and watch as Snowfox presses one side of the stone square to the door, the scratched rune on its surface held up against the wood for several long seconds. Then, with a quiet crack, the stone square crumbles to sand, the door swinging ajar.

Snowfox nods, placing a hand to the door and pushing it open. Whatever that thing was she used, it must have unlocked it, and most likely removed any other unpleasant magical wards on its surface. Snowfox steps in, drawing the long dagger from her belt, the rest of you slinking in behind.

The inside is gloomy, barely illuminated by what scant light can slip in through the small windows. It looks to be an entry hall, the floor made up of stone carved mostly smooth and covered with thick rugs. They look nothing like any Cragfolk work, brightly patterned and tassled, rather than the usual furs that might adorn a chieftain's floor. Aside from that, the room is bare, save for a few small, squat statuettes lining alcoves in the walls, a two feet tall and glowering inwards, lips parted to show rows of pointed ivory teeth. Those you do recognize, Cragfolk stone spirits, mythical guardians of Cragfolk households whose likenesses are set above the doorway to ward off enemies. Judging by the thick layer of dust on them, they were most likely Aurora's rather than Arban's, and he's simply not bothered to remove them.

By the looks of it, there's three exits from this room, a wide set of stairs leading up, a small door off to the left of the staircase, and another on the right hand wall. Snowfox looks to have no more idea as to where to start than you do, though you'd imagine it won't be long before she reaches a decision.

(cont)
>>
>>46572642
You frown as you look around the room, catching sight of a slight flicker or movement out of the corner of your eye, spinning on your heels to face it, the Cragfolk all springing into action, drawing blades at your sudden movement and forming up with practised precision. Still, as you look to the corner of the room you spotted the movement in, peering over one of the cragfolk's shoulders, you see nothing beyond the leering face of a stone spirit staring back at you.

Perhaps you imagined it.

“Jumpy?” Snowfox whispers.

“Just thought I saw something,” you mumble back, Snowfox nodding.

“Well, keep at it, who knows what creepy shit Arban's got skulking around in here.”

>Suggest starting upstairs, Arban may have his room there
>Suggest the door to the right, you should probably check this floor out first
>Suggest the door to the left of the stairs, it's out of the way, maybe it leads somewhere special
>>
>>46572666
>Suggest the door to the left of the stairs, it's out of the way, maybe it leads somewhere special
>>
>>46572666
>>Suggest the door to the right, you should probably check this floor out first
Don't leave an unsecured room behind you.
>>
>>46572666
>Suggest the door to the right, you should probably check this floor out first
>>
>>46572666
Tell them about the stone spirits
>>
>>46572796
They're all Cragfolk, they know what those are.
>>
>>46572826
Them them that you saw one
>>
>>46572898
Ah, no, maybe I didn't write that properly, but it's just another statuette, Sascha just thought she saw movement from a corner that said statuette was occupying.
>>
Woah, haven't been able to keep up lately. Haven't been in a live thread in forever too. Who the fuck is Snowfox? Are we finally going after Dragon?

leaving the wastes to go rape and pillage human kingdoms when?
>>
>>46572922
Let's go investigate it then
>>
Writing.

>>46572926
You are currently playing as Sascha, a spy sent by Ur to infiltrate Slaagyr's forces in preparation for your attack. Snowfox is one of Slaagyr's lieutenants, whom Sascha has talked into killing off another of his lieutenants, Arban, in retribution for Arban's orc servant murdering one of her followers. You are currently sneaking into Arban's sanctum with Snowfox and some of her followers to do just that.
>>
>>46572666
>>Suggest the door to the right, you should probably check this floor out first
>>
>>46573001
Awesome, good to see this quest still alive. Orcish dick fury lives on.

The question still stands
>>
>>46573097
Yes, the attack on Slaagyr will most likely come very soon in the quest.
>>
>>46573001
Wait, the orc killed the woman follower? Not give her a case of the green fever?
>>
>>46573203
Sure seems that way.
>>
You cast one last glance back to the corner, but there really is nothing there, just an alcove and a statuette no different from all the others.

“Let's start there, don't want to leave any unknown rooms behind us, right?” you whisper, Snowfox nodding in agreement.

“Nothing I can see,” the sorcerer mutters, as you cross the floor to the door, Snowfox pushing it open slowly, peering in.

She gestures for you to follow as she steps through the door, the rest of your group sneaking in behind her. By the looks of it, this is some sort of combined kitchen and general living area. It also looks like it doesn't see a great deal of use, the dust just as thick here as it was on the statuettes in the entry hall. You suppose Arban doesn't care for the basic amenities the way Aurora did when she occupied the sanctum. Aside from some fresh foodstuffs crammed into the only non-dusty cupboard in the room, and a door at the back leading to a simple hole in the floor you're assuming serves as privy, there's very little of interest in here however.

“Dead end, back to the main hall,” Snowfox mutters, starting to lead the group out of the room.

Once again, you catch a flicker of movement, this time from round behind the simple wooden table which once served for Aurora's meals, but once again, as you spin to face it, you find yourself facing only a flat wall.

You frown, you don't view yourself as a person prone to baseless fear, you hunted the mountains for long enough before the masters' claimed you to trust your instincts. Still, you seem to be the only person who's spotted anything so far, and from the glances of some of the other cragfolk, you suspect they think you're jumping at shadows.

>Say nothing, but keep a careful watch.
>Bug the sorcerer, can he really not sense anything?

Also
>Head to the door behind the stairs
>Head upstairs
>>
>>46573203
It is the sadist traitor after all.
I won't be surprised if he fucked the dead body after rapping her to death.
>>
>>46573325
>>
>>46573325
>bug the wizard
>behind the staircase
>>
>>46573325
>Head upstairs
>>
Sudden drop in vote numbers, it seems.

Ah well, writing.
>>
>>46573325
>>Bug the sorcerer, can he really not sense anything?
>>Head to the door behind the stairs
>>
>>46573325
>>Bug the sorcerer, can he really not sense anything?
>>
Staying silent, you head back into the hall with the rest, your hand on your dagger. Whatever it was, you'll just have to keep a careful watch out for it.

You walk around the side of the staircase to the smaller door to its side, Snowfox pausing before it to glance at the sorcerer once again, who steps forward, muttering to himself.

“It's warded, but I should be able to...” he whispers, pulling his hand back with a hiss as the skin on his palm starts to blister, gritting his teeth as the stink of burning flesh hits your nostrils.

“You alright?”

“Yeah, fine, it's done. Arban must not want anyone getting in, that one would've boiled you alive if you'd triggered it,” he mutters, looking down at his scorched palm.

“Promising, let's go,” Snowfox nods, pushing the door open as the sorcerer starts to bind his palm, wincing as he pulls the strips of fabric over the blistered flesh.

The door opens to a long stairway stretching down into the dark, Snowfox tutting as she stares down into the gloom, gesturing for one of the other cragfolk to pull out a torch. You won't be sneaking up on anything like that, but if Arban is human, at least it means he's unlikely to be down there waiting for you in the pitch black.

The stairs continue for quite a while, weaving this way and that around the rough rock walls, finally coming to a stop in a large underground chamber. It looks to have once been a storage room, from the great piles of crates and baskets now pushed up against the walls to make way for its new purpose as some sort of laboratory.

(cont)
>>
>>46574057
Snowfox's sour expression mirrors your own as you look around, rows of tables piled with countless arcane trinkets, vial and pots, the many liquids housed within giving the whole room an acrid stink. Still, in this case you think you're glad for the small covering the other odour that no doubt lingers beneath. Two of the tables house corpses of Cragfolk, plural, since the corpses look to have been stitched together from several unfortunate victims, most likely taken from the large barrel of parts off to one side of the table, limbs and organs floating in some briny fluid.

Behind that sits a collection of jagged black crystals, the surfaces of them seeming to flow like oil as the light hits them.

“The fuck has he been doing to them,” Snowfox mutters, peering closer at one of the corpses, frowning as she spots something, jabbing a knife in between one of the stitched joints, prying loose another smaller fragment of the black crystal, which rolls down onto the table with a dull thud.

Still, no sign of Arban, you'd imagine he probably doesn't work this late into the night. That leaves you with two options, back the way you came, or through the door at the back of the room.

>Back out and upstairs
>Through the door at the back
>Trash the laboratory
>>
>>46574099
>trash
>back out
>>
>>46574099
>Through the door at the back
>>
>>46574099
>Back out and upstairs
>>
>>46574099
>>Back out and upstairs
Kill him then we can explore this shit hole.

Don't wanna unleash his nasties before we take care of him.
>>
>>46574099
>>Through the door at the back
Alright, time to kill this fool.

This is a good thing because it meas he's not a sorcerer, less direct fighting power. Necromancers and the like rely more on prepared shit than split second reaction blasts of magic.
>>
>>46574099
>>Back out and upstairs
>>
Back upstairs it is.

>Roll 1d20
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>46574406
>>
you know, we should have actually kidnapped one of joachim's cultists and left his corpse with alban, that would really help sell the lie
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>46574406
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>46574406
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>46574295
oops wrong one

the one i wanted still won though

>>46574406
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>46574406
Back away slooowly
>>
>>46574428
>>46574459
>>46574517
fuck
11 is bad
>>
Oh dear, a little too late there on the good rolls.

Want to burn some of Ur's Y'zagya Zoka favor for a reroll? You currently have 2.
>>
>>46574555
yes
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>46574555
no ragrats
>>
>>46574555
No
>>
>>46574555
yes
Does Ur realize when his favor is used? or is favor some arbitrary gameplay mechanic?
>>
>>46574555

yes
>>
Okay, favor burned.

>Roll 1d20

>>46574692
Gameplay mechanic, Ur doesn't even know when he spends it on himself. It's just the gods subtly nudging fate in a way that benefits him since they favor him, and in Y'zagya Zoka's case, that extends to things that Ur's slaves do to support him.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>46574742
cool
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46574742
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>46574742
>>
>>46574766
Holy fucking shit I did it! I wrote up the roll thing, and was holding my hand on the enter button, trying to feel just the right time to press it. And when it felt right I went and bam, nat 20!
>>
>>46574766
Well okay then.

Writing.
>>
>>46574801

We almost done with Sascha?
>>
>>46574871
Sounds like the plan is to make yourself scarce shortly after dealing with Arban, so one way or another yeah, you're probably almost done with Sascha's side story.
>>
>>46574871
We gotta get though this fight and get out. then we gotta escape Slaggyrs place and the immediate area. Possibly leaving a note for snowfox before we leave.

Then we're done. So like 6-7 posts?
>>
>>46574900
>you're probably almost done with Sascha's side story.

Awesome. No offense, but I'm just hoping we can get back to focusing on Ur. I haven't really enjoyed the Sascha side-quest.

I come to these threads for orcs. Not humans.
>>
>>46574917
I say the note should be a "don't kill the person who has this" type of thing
>>
I note is so impersonal, we should try to convince her to defect.
>>
>>46575085
Yes to serve the masters
>>
>>46575111
ur in particular. seems that sascha is shipping fox and ur
>>
>>46575085
Well if we get possibly see we can spin it as a "leave for snowfox's protection" gives a reason to bail.
>>
>>46575085
Yes she obvious has no pride and willing to sell her people into slavery again

Best option is to tell her to get her people gone and leave the whole area
>>
>>46574961
>>46574917
No more along the lines of "When it happens get your people to safety and stay out of the fighting and you will be well looked after"
>>
“Okay, back upstairs, we can deal with this after we deal with Arban,” Snowfox whispers, the group all too eager to leave the laboratory.

As you turn though, you once again catch that barest glimpse of motion from the edge of your vision, you spin to face it, gripping your dagger tight, and once again find yourself facing nothing.

“Will you stop doing that,” one of the cragfolk hisses, several others turning to glare at you.

“I saw something move,” you mutter, as Snowfox glances around the room, giving you a shrug.

“No-one else saw a damn thing, stop being so paranoid. Alois, you see anything?” he asks, glancing to one of the Cragfolk, who shakes his head.

“What about you, Rein?”

“Nothing,” another mutters.

You tune out the rant, letting your eyes wander, you take pride in your skills as a hunter, and you aren't prone to seeing things. It is fortunate you did, as it turns out, as you once again spot a subtle shift in the shadows of the laboratory cast by the torch, rising up behind one of the cragfolk, too busy watching his comrade bitching at you to pay attention.

With a hiss, you dart forward, shoving him aside and swiping at the shadowy figure, feeling the blade bite into something. The shadows recoil as one, taking on a female shape, clutching a clawed hand to the great gash down its chest, leaking black ichor onto the ground. The thing has no face, just a flat black mask in its place, but from the way it staggers back, you think you just surprised it.

“Fuck, form up,” Snowfox snaps, as you step in again, pressing your advantage, the creature getting up a forearm in time to deflect a second swipe of your dagger, cutting a deep gash into the shadowy flesh of its arm.

(cont)
>>
>>46575136
they have no where to go. Ogre King to the west, Dead Shores the the north, and Abyssal Horrors to the east.

The Orcs are literally the best option for them.
>>
>>46575256
The thing just barely has time to dodge as Snowfox jumps in, stabbing for it herself, the creature recoiling under the combined assault as more of the cragfolk draw their own blades to join the attack. The thing half jumps half slithers back to the far side of the laboratory, seeming to glide along the surfaces of the chamber, giving you an overexaggerated shrug before it slips back through the gap at the bottom of the door at the back of the room and is gone.

“What was that thing?” Snowfox growls, glancing to the sorcerer.

“A fey, perhaps? Arban may have bound it as a familiar or agent of some sort.”

“It's sneaky, who knows how long that thing's been skulking around the camp spying on us,” Snowfox frowns.

“So what now, go after it?” one of the Cragfolk asks.

“How do we even corner a thing like that?” Snowfox mutters to herself.

>Agree that you should go after it
>Focus on Arban, back up the stairs before it can recover
>>
>>46575285
>>
>>46575271
You got that back to front, abyss to the west, ogres to the east.
>>
>>46575285
>>Focus on Arban, back up the stairs before it can recover
We need to kill him before it wakes him.
>>
>>46575285
>>Focus on Arban, back up the stairs before it can recover

>>46575311
my b, but it's true that they're pretty much surrounded on all sides by mindless enemies? Save for the orcs, kinda.
>>
>>46575285
>>
>>46575285
>>
>>46575343
Pretty much. The Abyss isn't immediately to the west, but the moutains further west have a lot less habitable valleys and such to support much of a population, so it's not really an option for a group of this size even without the things that stray from Szar Tzas.

East is The Butcher and his horde of ogres, so that's right out.

North past the mountains is the Ghoul Coast, which despite being pretty fertile and habitable terrain, has never been settled for a reason.
>>
>>46575285
>Focus on Arban
>>
>>46575285
>Agree that you should go after it
Don't want it reporting to arban
... on the other hand, urshal could always use yet another female fae slave
>>
>>46575463
He could complete his trifaecta, as it were.
>>
>>46575491
there is more than just a trifecta
This is a shadow fae, and he already has water + wood.
and we confirmed that earth is an element
and there is a lightening specialist, and death magic is a thing.

... yea, there are a fuckton of elements and we gotta catch them all
>>
File: 1436806341889.jpg (39 KB, 441x228) Image search: [Google]
1436806341889.jpg
39 KB, 441x228
Writing.

>>46575491
Oh you.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (8 KB, 262x192) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
8 KB, 262x192
>>46575491
>>
>>46575443
Then it shouldn't be to hard to convince snowfox to surrender themselves to us. They'll be slaves but they be safe and fed
>>
>>46575550
Yeah no she ain't going to do that

They actually know what being slaves mean and there willing to take there chances than go that route
>>
“We should hurry, before it can warn him,” you whisper, Snowfox nodding in agreement.

“Yeah, room's probably upstairs, let's go,” she nods, all of you hurrying back up to the entry hall and up the main staircase, pausing for the sorcerer to warn you of another warded step on the way up.

You step out onto a hallway, one doorway built into each side, and a set of spiral stairs leading up at the far end, most likely to the eyrie you spotted from outside.

“Which door's more heavily warded?” Snowfox whispers, the sorcerer glancing between the two, nodding to the door on the left of the hallway.

You glance back down the stairs, but so far you've not seen another hint of movement since your skirmish the shadow fey, whatever else it may be plotting, at least it's no longer stalking you.

“You ready?” Snowfox whispers, as the group of you line up beside the door, waiting while the sorcerer does his thing.

Halfway through the muttered chant however, you hear another noise, Snowfox glancing back down the stairs, no doubt hearing it as well. Boots on stone, still muffled and distant for now, but growing steadily louder. Someone is running up the basement stairs at quite a pace, it seems, and with none of the subtlety of the fey. Arban's orc perhaps?

>Step away from the door, try to ambush the orc in the entry hall and put him down quietly.
>Rush through the door when the wards are down, try to put Arban down before the orc can arrive.
>>
You know, it might be possible for them to negotiate a non slavery position with the orcs.
As vassals who don't get raped

And having such vassals could open a lot more doors for us, and QM said it would be necessary eventually anyways since there are only so many orcs around.
>>
>>46575715
>Step away from the door, try to ambush the orc in the entry hall and put him down quietly.
>>
>>46575715
>Rush through the door when the wards are down, try to put Arban down before the orc can arrive.
>>
>>46575715

CHAAAAAREEEEG
>>
>>46575715
>>
File: 1446817673949.gif (75 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1446817673949.gif
75 KB, 1200x1200
>>46575743
>it might be possible for them to negotiate a non slavery position with the orcs.

We all know that's not happening.
>>
>>46575715
>>Step away from the door, try to ambush the orc in the entry hall and put him down quietly.
>>
>>46575743
You think anons are not going to vote to enslave snowfox?

Your just dreaming
>>
>>46575715

Obviously the orc is aware of us.
>>
Oh! I got an idea on what to try to convince fox!
Basically, try to convince her to have her people defect and run away... and send a message to the orc with infos. Then let the orcs and the dragons fight while they bypass them and go into the jungles.

but wait, there is more. This is actually a trap, Sascha will lead the orcs to ambush the cragfolk so they can be enslaved and fox can be shown the love that is chieftain orckmeat
>>
>>46575715
>>
>>46575832
>You think anons are not going to vote to enslave snowfox?
I said not enslave the whole tribe. Snowfox will obviously have to make a sacrifice for the sake of the tribe

that aside. I came up with a better plan now
>>46575850
Also, not defect go AWOL, I misspoke. The idea is that they are not joining the orcs, they are running away so the orcs and the dragon finish each other
>>
>>46575882
Serious?
>>46575850
Anons like this will not be happy till the whole tribe is enslaved
>>
>>46575902
See,I'm a fan of pure lesbian love, and I kinda want Snowfox to go to a lovely lady orc who will treat her right. As a submissive but with care, like you'd treat an puppy.
>>
Ambushing the orc wins.

>Roll 1d20
>>
>>46575902
both of those posts you are quoting are by the same person (me).

Anyways, if we must enslave the entire tribe, then the best path for doing it is
1. sascha convinces fox to have her tribe run away from the dragon, bypassing the orcs and going into the jungles in the south.
2. they send info to urshal so he and the dragon can kill each other (as far as they know) while they run
3. sascha betrays them, actually the path she leads them down will lead to them being ambushed by the orcs and enslaved

happy ending for all
>>
>>46575954
Fox is in love with sascha and sascha loves our cock, the best solution is that they both become urs, that way they can still love each other. while also getting fucked by ur. everyone happy

A female orc would not be able to give her the joy of bearing orc whelps, and moreover it will not be the woman she really loves
>>
>>46575954
That's retarded orc women and even gay(doesnt exist at most bi, at least willing to experiment)orc women like orc dick/ubermecth dick.
>>
>>46575954
You do know that green fever doesn't work on the same sex right?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>46575978
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>46575978
kill the traitor
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>46575978
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>46575978
>>
>>46576048
Well okay then, RIP orc.
>>
>>46576048
lel
>>
>>46576048
Man, Sascha is tearing it up tonight.
>>
>>46575986
Might work somehow, tell Snowfox we are an elvish spy (you can trust elves right?) and we know a safe way around the souther orcs.
>>
Hey Lordy, what're the chances of bringing in that Horned Lizard God to get another boon/favor for Ur?
>>
>>46576169
basically, yea. it would be hilarious
>>
Based Sascha.
>>
>>46576197
good luck fighting a god when Ur almost gets killed by literal shit puppets
>>
>>46576169
wait no... elf spy doesn't make sense, why do elves care about the dragon?

oh wait... it does make sense, the elves in the south know that if the dragon wins over the orc they are going to be next
>>
>>46576207
I feel like that would be a pretty devastating betrayal for Snowfox, and even if she grew to accept and even enjoy her captivity, she probably would not forgive Sascha.
>>
>>46576169
Nah.

Right now they're backed into a corner and with slaggyr being a shit/about to die the orcs are the only way out.

All you gotta do is present the facts and they'll accept it.
>>
>>46576243
Its an act of love, knows she and ur will be so happy together
>>
>>46576262
>All you gotta do is present the facts and they'll accept it.
They are not quite that broken yet, as the raid on this tower shows. If we didn't convince them to do it by stealth they would have been more active
also, for some reason humans get uppity about being raped
>>
>>46576228
Never said anything about fighting it, I meant bringing into the Orcish pantheon.
>>
>>46576234
The elves are half a continent away. They won't even intervene in the northern jungles let alone the wastes let alone travel for months across the wastes to get to the mountains where shit's even more hostile than the wastes
>>
>>46576321
>The elves are half a continent away. They won't even intervene in the northern jungles
There are elves in the northen jungles anon.
we conquered a bunch of them, a bunch of others are dragon cultists.

obviously we come from tho jungle elves not the elven empire
of which there are multiple btw. the dryad came from one of the former elven empires that collapsed to the abyss
>>
>>46576304
The only reason they're even with slaggyr is because they were insanely desperate and they fucking hate this shit. Like a lot.

With the ever increasing Joachim and now now this fucking creep. Just telling them that we're gonna kill slaggyr and there's nothing they can do but accept and save her people's lives.
>>
>>46576388
of course being human undermines our agent of northern elves story. makes more sense if we are just cragfolk who happen to be in the know
>>
>>46576432
part of it though is that slaggyr is not properly providing them the protection he promised
consuming them like cattle instead
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.