[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1427066774019.jpg (282 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1427066774019.jpg
282 KB, 1024x768
>The only important link
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!kQh1lRaA

I've never made one so if someone could fill in with the template that'd be great.
>>
Newbie can't into making generals Edition
>>43448851
>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

FAQ’s
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>/tg/ 40k argument lore and tactica.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Incompetence
>>
Reposting:
Since the new meta for this edition looks likes lets give everyone on my army cover saves while ignoring everyone else's. As a Necron player how would built your army to counter that? I was think of blast marker cover ignoring 3+ armor Tomb Blades and Flamer Destroyer Lords and lots of Wraiths. I think using cover is still your best bet but that's move to get the other guy to burn tokens than for the cover save.

Also, is running a Destroyer Lord solo the best option for the model and then making it almost impossible to kill like a 'harassment Carifex' or do you have other good build ideas for the DL?
>>
>>43448851
>>43449068
Wow this was a bungled general.

And how old is that OP pick?
>>
>>43449129
Does it really matter?
>>
Was planing on building a steel legion army.
Never bought a 40k army to be able to play so what would I need/ be good other than every steel legion figure?
>>
Any recommendation for making gue'vesa conversion? Bits, suggestions, models?
>>
>>43449122
All the fucking tesla. Remember they only take one saving throw out of armour, invulnerable and cover. Throw enough hits and wounds at them (which tesla is pretty damn good at due to be high strength and generating extra hits) and they will die.
>>
>>43449292
Fire warrior and imperial guard bits...
>>
>>43449292
Fluffwise, gue'vesa generally use the same basic equipment IG does (as they're mosly recruited from former Imperial worlds that already have the production facilities to make lasguns and flak armour), so taking basic Cadians and giving them some Tau symbols and bits (Pathfinder and Firewarrior boxes come with some Tau pistols, scanners, grenades and puches you could give them) should be good enough. Maybe give the unit leader more Tau equipment like a FW helmet and backpack, and maybe a pulse rifle.

FW does have rules for gue'vesa in the Taros campaign book, but you can only use them in the campaign missions. They have the same stats and equipment as Guardsmen except the squad leader could exchange his lasgun for a pulse rifle.
>>
>>43449272
2 Wyverns
1 Vendetta

the rest is up to you, but Pask in a Punisher or an Executioner is a good place to start.
>>
>>
>>43449536
Basically rapid advance of fuck you.

Seems horrifying desu.
>>
File: virginity fort.jpg (83 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
virginity fort.jpg
83 KB, 604x453
Do you hide your toys? No one has ever been mean about them to my face, but I still wonder if hiding them in boxes would get me closing to curing my autism
I collect necrons btw (the green sticks don't help)
>>
>>43448484
Huh? A nercons you need two things: warriors and ghost arks. Then all you need to do is add something that can kill monsters and 2+ save dudes. Otherwise that's all you need.

A destroyer lord is excellent in melee, survives well and as an added bonus can give a unit he attaches to (20 warriors) preferred enemy.

>>43449292
Fire warrior torso, guard everything else
>>
So I notice in Imperial Armor 13 they mention Helmabad and the renegade Avenging Sons 3rd Company.

Did brother Rykhel ever bring word of their treachery back to the chapter?

And is that world's current status definitively known?
>>
>>43449536
>Defensive Fusillade
Sounds decent, although if those 20 ap3 shots still haven't finished off all nearby threats your breachers are still in a world of hurt. So nothing changes.
>Rapid Advance
Cool, you can move your tidewall up to the exact moment it can't move any further due its fuckhuge bulk slightly sooner. Assuming your pathfinders haven't died.
>>
Should I invest in a chaos knight for my daemon army?
>>
>>43449562
Gonna be pretty hard to move it because the Tidewall pieces can't move over anything but open ground. Although unlike the other big Tidewall formation, you don't appear to ahve to keep the same configuration of pieces as long as the gunrings and shieldlines are with 6'' of the droneport, so you can reform it to make it fit though gaps between terrain.
>>
>>43449338
>All the fucking tesla.
You know personally it's my least liked Necron ranged damage dealer. I find it in mind at least not having a good place in the Necron arsenal. I find Gauss to be better at anti-infantry and anti-armor. Just what does S7 AP-- counter better than Gauss or the other ways Necrons have at dealing damage at range? Where/when I use it where it's the better option? I'm actually want to know this.
>>
>>43449618
Fuck the haters. Anyone far enough inside my house that they'd see my boxes knows about my hobby anyway. If for some reason anyone decided to give me shit over it, they can mosey on the fuck out.
>>
File: 1431600519808.png (943 KB, 559x782) Image search: [Google]
1431600519808.png
943 KB, 559x782
Hello /tg/

I've recently wanted to remove xenos and started planning Militarum Tempestys detachment to ally with my GK. Do you guys have any experience with allied in MT? Should I bother with Tauroxes or go with Valkyries? It's a real shame they don't get Vendettas.

Also, if anyone has any remove xenos image sfeel free to post it.
>>
>>43449754
This would be pretty useless in a cityscape or a table with lots of terrain. I kind of find it amusing that Tau would the most disadvantaged in an urban environment. They really don't have very good adaption for fighting in a city at all. Too many blocked angles and their range being really hampered by all the buildings.
>>
>>43449793
Tesla used to get extra hits on 6s even when snapshotting, which made twinlinked tesla weapons do an equivalent amount of hits when snapshotting than non-twinlinked non-tesla weapons fired at normal bs. Very useful for the flyers and annihilation barge, since they could jink and still deal good damage.

After they nerfed that, I think gauss is usually better. On immortals gauss blasters do a similar amount of hits on average (gauss always have 2 shots, while tesla normally has 1 but can do 3 if you roll a 6), while having the bonuses from gauss and better ap.
>>
>>43449647
I feel breachers aside from getting their gun fixed should have their relay do something other than mesh with invuln drone
Maybe something like reroll armour saves of 1 or something idk
>>
>>43449955
Lots of los-blocking terrain is pretty advantageous for battlesuits, though, since they can use their jump move to duck behind terrain after firing.
And even in a densely terrained board it's usually pretty hard to hide things, at least big models or large units, from los completely, so you can still shoot at them, using markerlights to remove their cover saves.
>>
>>43449955
I think in pretty much every fluff instance of attempting to take a major hive, they've just completely annihilated it from long range, subverted the population with espionage and defectors, bypassed it entirely, or (in one case) rearranged the entire tectonic structure of the planet to cause the hive to fall into a massive fissure and remove it from the face of the earth.
>>
>>43450029
Honestly my breachers barely do anything but i still love the fact that tau now have a main-race unit that can still potentially fuck shit up close and also has some durability to them. It's nice being able to actually move towards objectives and not have to worry about a 200 point unit of suits getting roasted
>>
>>43449974
Yeah, but anon was asking how to defeat heavy cover saves as necrons. Apart from tomb blades probably their best option is good ol' fashioned forcing lots of saving throws, and tesla's better at that than gauss.
>>
>>43450029
It would be fluffy if they could, say, reroll overwatch shots, or do it with bs2, considering they're supposed to be extensively drilled in close-quarter firefights.
I don't think they're really bad, but using them as an agressive unit is kidn of hard since you need to get right in the enemy's face. I do intent to use one small unit as one of the three troop choise in the Hunter Cadre (the other two being Strikers with missile turrets), and have them sit next to the FWs and Brodsides. If something deep strikes nearby or manages to get close, they can run up to them and shoot them at close range, or use supporting fire when something gets charged. Even a minimum-sized unit can do a lot of damage compared to their price.

They also seem like they'd be really good in Zone Mortalis, which is fitting considering storming bunkers and fighting in boarding actions is supposed to be their battlefield role.
>>
>>43449974
I had my ghostkeel die to Tesla because only one guy was firing and i didn't think i'd have to blow my holo's to save him from it. So that's an aspect of it over gauss
>>
Reposting from the last thread cause it was on it's death rows when I did.

So i'm starting up a Space Wolves force for my second army after being a filthy Tau player for the last year. Now I have no idea how to build a list for this army that isn't TWC spam, and i'd rather not use a deathstar against my friends, so I'd like some help in sorting my list out and pointing me in the right direction. I'll be playing against friends that have all the armies save for Eldar,Tyranids and Grey Knights, and our games are usually 2v2 with each army being composed of 1250 points.

=HQ=
>Rune Priest 60pts
>Psychic Hood 10pts (For use against my friend's Daemon army)
>Runic Armor 25pts
>Mastery Level 2 25pts
>Tempestas Discipline (Should I even take this? I know nothing of Psychic powers due to being Tau)

>Wolf Lord 105pts
>Armour of Russ 70pts
>Combi Melta 10pts
>Relic: Black Death 25pts
>Thunderwolf 50pts
Total 345pts

=Troops=
>9 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Flamer 136pts
>Wolf Guard Pack Leader 59 Points
>Frost Sword / Combi Plasma
>Wolf Standard 25pts
>Rhino 35pts

>9 Grey Hunters w/ 2 Flamer 136pts
>Wolf Guard Pack Leader 54 Points
>Frost Sword / Combi Plasma
>Rhino 35pts
Total 485pts

=Fast Attack=
>Thunderwolf Cavalry - Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield 85pts
>Thunderwolf Cavalry - Frost Sword / Storm Shield 75pts
>Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader - Frost Sword / Power Fist 85pts
Total 245 pts

=Heavy Support=
>Long Fang Ancient - Bolt Pistol / Chain Sword 15pts
>2 Long Fang w/ Lazcannon 70pts
>3 Long Fangs w/ Missile Launcher 90pts
Total 175pts

Comes out to 1240 points, and I can't figure out the best way to spend the last 10.

So again, I have no idea if I just made a complete sham of a SW list. I'v gone through the codex once and googled a few other lists in order to come up with the one above. I welcome any and all C&C because I really want to start up this army, but I'v never built a Sphees Mehreen army so I have no idea what i'm doing with these things.
>>
>>43449974
Yeah, in my mind in this edition I find Tesla so inferior to all the other Necron shooting options. That I rather just jinx with anything that has it and not bother even shooting since AP-- gives even IG an ok save. And let's not even talk about MEQ or TEQ stuff. I find Tesla a laughable ability in the current setting for Necrons and only maybe good at killing light armor but killing light or heavy armor is not really a problem for them to begin with anyway.
>>
>>43450187
>I had my ghostkeel die to Tesla
How the heck did that happen? You have a 3+ armor save, you must have rolled like total crap for it to get even one wound on you. How many hits did your opponent get anyway?
>>
>>43450270
Tempestas discipline is fine. Consider getting the rune priest the helm of derpfast.

Just splash out on wolf claws rather than frost swords for crying out loud, shred is so much better for only 5 points.

Maybe drop the powerfist on the thunderwolves, 1 is 3 should be fine.

I'd switch one grey hunter pack to 2xplasma. Fucks teminators and light vehicles. Generally your grey hunters are a bit schizophrenic, trying to do too many jobs at once.

Armour of russ is only 35 points, not 70.
>>
>>43450443
he was already at 2 wounds, and yes bad rolls were involved. I can never roll my armour saves for shit
>>
>>43449876
They're good at pinpointing targets and removing them but they're incredibly fragile.

They can work, you just need to think about what you're doing with them.

The list would be pretty boss if they got Vendettas and Vendettas could hold 10 people again. Valks just suck.
>>
>>43450046
"But Tau never commit Imperium style genocides" said every Tau fag ever
>>
So for my friend who's getting into Daemons

>Nurgle: Slow, but tough.
>Khorne: glass Cannon units
>Slaneesh: fast light units
>Tzeetch: really good psykers(?)

Am I wrong?
>>
In which book can I find the Commander O'Ralai rules? Was it Forgeworld:Apocalypse?
In the link in OP it signed as 5ed. Can I use it anyway in 7th?
>>
>>43450646
You're really not that far off.

>Nurgle slow and tough as bricks
>Khorne melee powerhouses
>Slaanesh speedy glass cannons
>Tzeentch psychic warp fuckery inbound

>>43450697
Imperial armour 3 2nd edition
And yes he is usable in 7th edition, and totally awesome to use.
>>
>>43450646
For slaanesh add rending
>>
Does anyone have any alternatives to the Thousand Sons upgrade pack from GW that deliver to the UK? I don't want to have to buy 4 of them to make one squad.
>>
>>43450731
Look up Montastore on ebay.
>>
>>43450723
Thanks
>>
Is mono-Slaanesh viable for Chaos Daemons?
>>
>>43450779
Fun as hell, but not viable in a tourney setting.
Fine for casual play.
>>
>>43450779
>Mono God daemons

Eeeeuuuuurgh.
>>
>>43450046

I think they blew one up and destroyed a moon to on Agrellan.
>>
>>43450731
It's mostly about the headdresses to make TSons recognizable. Scibor do some, but they're a bit expensive. I'd suggest getting one pack, or a single TSons upgrade pack and some Instantmold and copying your own headdresses to stick on regular marines.
>>
>>43450779
The best mono-god build because fast with rending, invisibility/shrouding, cheap greater daemons and slaanesh princes so fast they don't need to pay for wings.
>>
>>43449272

A Chimaera for Each Squad. The Steel Host Formation is worth checking out if you are a treadhead.

Wyverns are nasty. A few fliers to fill in, either Vendettas or Forgeworld options are great as well.
>>
Where can I get access to Astra Millitarum formations? I can't see any in the codex?
>>
>>43451045
That's the joke.
>>
File: Slaneesh will never die.jpg (502 KB, 918x1632) Image search: [Google]
Slaneesh will never die.jpg
502 KB, 918x1632
>>43450779
>Decide to start mono slaneesh
>all of sudden everyone else is.
Is it just that im actually noticing it or what?
>>
>>43451086
Probably. Must be a few vocal folks.

And I need to sperg out a bit here, as a daemon player,

WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE THE OTHER THREE QUARTERS OF YOUR CODEX??? IT HAS SUCH AWESOME STUFF!!!

That's all.
>>
>>43451045

Google Rampart Detachment, D-99, The Steel Host, Airborne Assault and Ground Assault Formations.
>>
>>43451129
D-99 is its own army, not a formation.
>>
>>43451117

Because in the fluff the Chaos gods are always trying to fuck each other? I think you should get a bonus from going monogod. Maybe some new formations?
>>
>>43451172
But that punishes multi God players.
>>
>>43451045

This might point you in a few directions:

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Imperial_Guard(7E)
>>
>>43451170

Effectively It functions just like formations do, it just isn't part of GW's crazy schemes.
>>
>>43451187

Monogod is also a drawback, especially with the warp table being what it is.
>>
>>43451258
Bit multi God gets punished more by the warp storm table because now any of the four gods throwing stuff at you will hurt.

God if they make the next codex mono God focused I will get extremely pissed.
>>
Did they forget to put the undivided mark in for Daemon Princes in the Chaos Space Marine Codex?
>>
>>43451293
Are you trying to start a shitstorm? You know exactly where it went, this road leads to Carnac.
>>
>>43451317

>You know exactly where it went,

If I knew that I wouldn't be asking here.

>Carnac

And what does a Necron Tomb World have to do with the Chaos Space Marine codex?
>>
>reading Kauyon book
>Shadowsun out tricks Raven Guard Chapter Master
>Shadowsun out tricks Korro'so Khan
>Shadowsun out tricks Chapter Master Kayvaan Shrike
>Shadowsun out guns Space Marines, IG, and an entire Knight Titan House

But the best bit of the entire book?

>Shadowsun gets pissed off with the Imperial Navy being able to appear pretty much anywhere from nowhere. So she keeps her reinforcements on a moon as the Navy doesn't want to appear near celestial bodies
>She decides to send a scout ship to scan the Imperial Navy and it scans the ship as it exits the Warp.... The ship scans it and sees something in the results of scanning the Warp. They plan to turn this in. It is never seen again.

So, what happened to it? Daemons Manifest in the ship and destroy it? Or did Farsight appear and destroy it so it didn't transfer Chaos to the Tau? Or did Farsight just destroy it cause... CHAOS!
>>
>>43451373
The Ethereal's probably got to the ship first and had it removed.

The thing with Tau is they represent the Emperor's idea of enlightenment. They're plan is to deny all knowledge of daemons being anything but just particularly strange xenos. Sorcery, psychic powers and such can all be explained away by tech.

The problem is, in the 40k verse this just doesn't cut it. You can already see the Tau empire fraying at the edges. Hell, the Greater Good is moving from a mantra to a religion in the same way the Emperor became a messiah for humanity.

And that's just how grimdark 40k is, the ever hopeful race will eventually be crushed.
>>
hey guys. critique the fug out of a newbie R&H list.
+ HQ (80pts) +

Renegade Command Squad (80pts) [4x Disciple w/ Lasgun (40pts), Flak Armour]
····Arch Demagogue (35pts) [Autogun, Carapace Armour (5pts), Heretek Magus (30pts)]

+ Elites (115pts) +

Renegade Marauder Squad (115pts) [4x Marauder w/ Autogun (40pts), Renegade Arvus Lighter (55pts), Stalkers]
····Marauder Chief (5pts) [Laspistol, Melta Bombs (5pts)]

+ Troops (280pts) +

Renegade Infantry Veterans (135pts) [Carapace Armour (20pts), 6x Veteran w/ Autogun (60pts)]
····Renegade Chimera (55pts) [Heavy Bolter, Multilaser]
····Veteran Champion (15pts) [Laspistol]

Renegade Infantry Veterans (115pts) [Flak Armour, 6x Veteran w/ Autogun (60pts)]
····Renegade Chimera (55pts) [Heavy Bolter, Multilaser]
····Veteran Champion (15pts) [Laspistol]

Renegade Mutant Rabble (30pts) [10x Mutant w/ Autogun (30pts)]

+ Fast Attack (400pts) +

Renegade Valkyrie Squadron (200pts)
····Valkyrie (200pts) [2x Multiple Rocket Pods (10pts), 2x Sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters (20pts), Fighter Ace (35pts), Lascannon (10pts), Militia Training (10pts)]

Renegade Valkyrie Squadron (200pts)
····Valkyrie (200pts) [2x Multiple Rocket Pods (10pts), 2x Sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters (20pts), Fighter Ace (35pts), Lascannon (10pts), Militia Training (10pts)]

+ Heavy Support (625pts) +

Renegade Support Squad (145pts) [6x Autocannon Team (120pts), Flak Armour (10pts), Krak Grenades for Squad (10pts), Militia Training (10pts)]

Renegade Tank Squadron (480pts)
····Battle Tank (160pts) [2x Multi-meltas (20pts), Heavy Bolter]
>>
>>43451584
Sponsons on battletanks aren't really worth the points IMHO since you snapfire if you shoot the battlecannon.

I don't think Fighter Ace is worth the points. Needs more Wyverns.
>>
>>43451556
>And that's just how grimdark 40k is, the ever hopeful race will eventually be crushed.
More like surviving but being twisted into the thing you hate the most or the thing you most fear becoming which is par for the course for 40K.
>>
Hey /tg/ I want to get into 40k but I don't know where to start in terms of finding people to play with and learning the rules.

I have a spesh marine army I bought long ago when I just bought them cause they looked cool and it's actually pretty formidable if all the stuff I've read is correct.
>>
>>43451696

Post what you have and I'll help you get a list as I'm a Marine player (sort of). Have this to help you.

Read the sheets from this post:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

That's it really.
>>
>>43451740
I don't have my army with me right now (In college, left them at home) and it's been years since I laid eyes on them. If I remember correctly, I have a few scouts, a bunch of marines, some assault marines (I think. they're the ones with jump packs, right?) and a razorback.
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 1600x694) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 1600x694
Hey guys where is an up to date place I can go where I can get a breakdown of the Chaos Space Marines codex and a detailed review of why it sucks?

This is for educational purposes I swear.
>>
>>43451783

Well, depending on what chapter you want to play as, you have a lot of options. Do you have a favorite or a playstyle you want to go for?

>>43451796
1d4chan
>>
>>43451117
Because

>>43451172
What this guy said

>>43451187
You act like I'm a WAAC faggot

>>43451696
Do you not have a FLGS in your town or within driving/short travel range?
>>
>>43451809
Haven't played in years but I'd like to see lots of marines on the field with razorbacks as transport.

I thought chapters were only cosmetic
>>
>>43451810
I have no idea what FLGS is
>>
>>43451824
>

Once upon a time that was true. now each one gets specific "Chapter Tactics" and some unique options.

>>43451848
Friendly
Local
Game
Store
>>
>>43451877
where can I find a list of chapters and their tactics?
>inb4 google, I trust you'll point me in the right direction instead of the first google post which might not be of much help

I'm not sure. I'm in Kalamazoo, so maybe.
>>
>>43451921
1d4chan, Forgeworld website, the respective codex.
>>
>>43451921
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Space_Marines(7E)#Chapter_Tactics

Start here and let me know. I'll check on you in a bit. Ghost Reconning in the meantime. Post a list of your models when you get a chance.
>>
>>43451809
1d4chan mainly tries to make it look awesome as possible.
>>
>>43451556
>>43451627
>Carnac posting

I'm going to have to change my typing style to not be mistaken for you. Fuck you. As for your points, this has already become the case. Tau were all about mobile warfare, but against the Imperium and Orks, they discovered that wasn't enough. So they developed the Tidewall, yes, it moves, but it's still a defence line. They then made the KV128 because it was needed to kill Knight Titans (and Titans, apparently, which is stupid as fuck, a Warhound should still be enough to ignore it. Warlord totally. Emperor Class would laugh.). It's a static thing. It's slow. So slow it needs to be dropped in via Manta. The KX139 is an even more extreme version of this. So they've already thrown out huge parts of their Path of Fire, instead of being mobile to the extreme and slowly bleeding people away, they've been forced to develop basically static, or slow moving, assets to fight shit.

The entire book made me hate the Tau, but the funny thing is, they think they've won. They lost billions (well, it never said specifically Tau, but it was implied the Tau lost billions) and thought they had killed the leader of the Space Marines (RG 'Monarch') when all they had done is killed one of a thousand, who was then replaced in days. They think they've defeated the Imperium decisively and the power void battle will last years. They don't realise Imperium is a million worlds and trillions of soldiers. They don't realise Maccrage out numbers the entire Tau Empire.

So, I think you're right. They've realised their way of war isn't good enough and they're quickly changing it. But I don't think the Ethereals killed them. It makes no sense. We know that Daemons can possess technology and people. The Tau are either soulless or have "weak souls" (FireWarrior gets possessed by a Khorne Daemon and so on). So what's stopping that from happening to some? Farsight realises that Orks aren't the worst threat in galaxy. Silencing the existence of Chaos is needed.
>>
>>43451945
That wont be for a few days but alright. Thanks, yo.
The chapter that looks most interesting is Reasonable mari- I mean the Raptor Chapter
>>
>>43452109
Wooo, go Raptors! Make sure you take Chapter Master Lias Issodon
>>
>>43451369
>being this new
>>
I need help making an Inquisitor. I've named him Prueba Pollo. I do have an idea for a master crafted combi-bolter with grav-gun attachment called the Burden of Proof, but do Inquisitors use grav-guns? What would be an okay melee weapon? Chain or power sword?
>>
>>43452135
Ah yes, the stealthy gouda master himself.

One gripe I noticed with FW chapters is that they kind of rely a lot on their super special snowflake character to do what they are know for. See Lias Issodon, Tyberos the Red Wake, Asterion Molech, Carab Culln to an extent, that Executioners guy who is literally the only fluffy thing they have, etc.

I wish they would make their chapters be able to stand alone without their head honcho being brought along every time. Carcharodons and Minotaurs I think are probably the biggest offenders of this as they need their Chapter Masters present to get their best bits.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>43452234
Sorry I meant to say Exorcists instead of executioners.
>>
File: the cats of amontillado.gif (5 MB, 320x176) Image search: [Google]
the cats of amontillado.gif
5 MB, 320x176
>>43450755
>Montastore

For the love of god, Montastore!
>>
>>43452225
Inquisitors can pretty much get acces to anything simply due to immense power of the inquisition.
More likely to have it if he's an Inquisitorial lord though.
And definitly power sword, or if you want to spend the points, thunderhammer.
>>
>>43452279
I'll go with the sword. But when would a grav-gun be useful for an Inquisitor?
>>
>>43452309
Hmm are we talking fluffwise or for the tabletop ?
>>
>>43452376
Fluffwise.
>>
File: tauempiredrones.jpg (61 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
tauempiredrones.jpg
61 KB, 600x620
>12 USD
>>
>>43452380
that's a lot of plastic
>>
>>43452388
For you.
>>
>>43452379
Hmm would depend on what Ordos he belongs to.
But in general, bolter rounds for general purpose, grav for when he meets bigger adversaries fx: chaos marines or some big heretek abomination.
And also could just be his preferred weapon for some reason, possibly tied to his background.
>>
>>43452273
>>43450755
I'd like to thank you both for exposing me to something wonderful.
>>
File: the coalition of shas'o'bama.jpg (2 MB, 3096x1776) Image search: [Google]
the coalition of shas'o'bama.jpg
2 MB, 3096x1776
>>43452388
I've seen more.
>>43452432
Hereticus. What do Grav guns do to light-weight targets? Immobilize them no?
>>
>>43452279
Turns out that for Inquisition, the Daemonhammer costs the same amount of points as a power sword.

Glorious.
>>
So, idea

What would it be like if a Daemon was devoted to two gods at once?

A Daemon devoted to Nurgle and Khorne at the same time? Or one devoted to both Tzeentch and Slaanesh? Khorne and Slaanesh? Tzeentch and Nurgle?

It seems like an interesting bit of design space that I'm surprised has never been used.
>>
>>43452515
I think I remember a story where something like that happened, but the relationship ended in tatters/ Grey Knights.
>>
>>43452515
>A Daemon devoted to Nurgle and Khorne at the same time?
That would be Pert before being 100% Undivided.
>Khorne and Slaanesh? Tzeentch and Nurgle?
That's like forcing to magnets together.
>>
>>43452486
Well fluffwise, you could still forcce a light target to the ground and pin them, possibly still crushing by cranking up the machine.
Still meant more for big targets.

For Ordo Hereticus, well... you never know if the planet skimping on their tithe to the emperor you've been asked to investigate secretly have a cult trying to summon daemons into the materium.
If things go tits up i would definitly appreciate having a grav-gun to fight some suprise daemon prince.

>>43452515
Nurgle's Rot infested spunk Slaaneshi Daemon
>>
>>43452571
>Well fluffwise, you could still forcce a light target to the ground and pin them, possibly still crushing by cranking up the machine.
>For Ordo Hereticus
Now it fits.
>investigate secretly have a cult trying to summon daemons into the materium.
If things go tits up i would definitly appreciate having a grav-gun to fight some suprise daemon prince.
Now it works better. Inquisitor Prueba Pollo will surprise any daemon he meets with a face full of gravity.
>>
>>43452634
Glad to be of service my fellow inquition-bro.
Imperator Vult !
>>
>>43452084
>The entire book made me hate the Tau, but the funny thing is, they think they've won. They lost billions (well, it never said specifically Tau, but it was implied the Tau lost billions) and thought they had killed the leader of the Space Marines (RG 'Monarch') when all they had done is killed one of a thousand, who was then replaced in days. They think they've defeated the Imperium decisively and the power void battle will last years. They don't realise Imperium is a million worlds and trillions of soldiers. They don't realise Maccrage out numbers the entire Tau Empire.

That's amazing, I didn't realise they thought they'd defeated all the Space Marines. Do they think the Chapter Master was the Emperor?

It is interesting though. Tau remind me of Germany in WWI, they're winning the battles but are losing the wars as they just do not have the bodies.

FYI, not Carnac.
>>
>>43452084

I read there were Billions under Aun'va and Shadowsuns's command but not that Billions were involved in that battle.
>>
>>43452084
>They don't realize Maccrage out numbers the entire Tau Empire.
What is making up facts?
>>
>>43452951
Im thinking he meant Ultramar.
>>
>>43452951
He probably meant Ultramar.
>>
So since it's pretty dead in here, I'll ask a question. I'm getting into Chaos Daemonkin but I wanna know in a tournament setting, how do detachments work? Is that a casual game thing, only for fluff or is it a viable option or even allowed?
>>
>>43452951
>>43453010
>>43453015
Yeah I meant Ultramar. I try to ignore Smurfs stuff.

>>43452834
At the end of the book it says something like "The message of the victory was spread to other civilizations, such as their allies, but also those who were not. Those who had encountered the Imperium knew the victory hide the death toll in the billions hidden by the Water Caste" or something like that.

Is it download able the book? If so, I can rip the bit out from it.

>>43452714
Yeah. They said that the RG CM was the Space Marines "Monarch" and the death of him would result in a power void battle that'd last years. Yes, he was the over-all leader of the Space Marines in that fight, but it was a small strike force. They also think the Space Marines will fight each other to become "the monarch" again. Which didn't happen. Kayvaan Shrike became Chapter Master of RG and ditched the insult nature of RG in order to work with White Scars and to stop using just assault squads and all their weapons instead. Which pissed some RG off.

The whole war was essentially Dunkirk. With Imperium as Brits/French and Tau as Germans. Germany used fast tanks, to outmanoeuvre the slower but more powerful Brit and French tanks. In fact, Hitler ordered a consolidation move for the Germans, but the general ignored him as he knew he could surround them. He did. The 40k war was essentially the Imperium trying to do as much damage as possible before being forced to leave. The retribution force is essentially the Allies and D-Day.

Vraks was WW1 (Imperium = Brits and French IG and Space Marines being the USA appearing at the last min to claim victory, kinda funny really. Chaos = Germans + Allies)

Taros Campaign was WW2 African Campaign, with Brits as Tau and Imperium as Germans.
>>
>>43453449
Insular nature. Not insult. Thou non-RG treat this attitude as insulting anyway.
>>
>>43451369
>And what does a Necron Tomb World have to do with the Chaos Space Marine codex?

In the latest fluff, some instance of Necron techno-fuckery removed Chaos undivided nearly entirely, save for two beings. The 13th crusade flickered out of existence for a brief second, allowing Cadia to be retaken, and resetting the status quo on the ongoing battle over the system. Basically retcon maintenance.
>>
>>43453418
Detachments are pretty much required in most tournaments.
They are a chart of how to organize your army and what units you are minimally are required to bring.

Even in casual games most people prefer to play with detachments since it limits the amount of cheesy units people can bring.
It also gives certain bonuses to organize your army in this way.
>>
>>43453715
>limit the amount to cheese
They may have been true before formations became the cheese, and effectively let people spam as much as they wanted.
>>
I've had multiple IG blisters since 2013 and I'm JUST now putting them together, honestly dreading painting them.
>>
>>43453837
Yes but formations are sorta their own seperate category ( yes i am aware they practicaly work just like detachments )
>>
I'll be buying an old baneblade and an incomplete chaplain terminator on friday, the baneblade is missing it's sponsons.

Where do I buy sponsons.
>>
>>43453640
This needs a source

>>43453449
So they just assumed that the Imperium act like Orks
>>
>>43453715
>>43453837
>>43453915
Anyone else find it funny that running Ultramarines in Battle Company Formation actually makes them worse than running them CAD?

>obey the codex lol
>>
>>43454161
As one who has never played space marines, much less ultrasmurfs, how does it make them worse ?
>>
File: 1446522615664.jpg (184 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446522615664.jpg
184 KB, 1024x768
>Not using the up to date photo

Whataguy
>>
>>43454155
They said that they consider humans barbaric, warmongering and stupid. I think they considered them a more technologically advanced and smarter Orks.

Though they do respect humans more, as they are willing to subjugate them, while Orks are to be eradicated wherever they are found.

I hate the Tau now. They're arrogant. But most of all naive. Plus stupid. Thinking they've done something amazing when all they've done is beaten minor Imperial forces.

The response isn't that big either. Some Ordos of SoB, hundred or so regiments of IG and couple of companies from two Space Marines. Plus Titans. But nothing compared to the stuff at Cadia.

>>43454096
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baneblade-Sponson-Heavy-Flamers-/291363325514

Ebay and so on.
>>
>>43454188
It doesn't. You're stuck with 6 Tactical squads, which stings, but free Drop Pods and Razorbacks is really good, especially for games where you need to control or contest a lot of objectives.
>>
File: even in oxidization I serve.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
even in oxidization I serve.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1944
>>43454188
It's a twofold problem:
Using a Battle Company pretty much forces unit taxes on you (6 Tactical Squads! Both HQ Slots! Static Auxiliary choices!)

Not using CAD makes it a giant bitch to use some of your best units i.e. Tigurius, Grav Cents, Thunderfire Cannons, Fliers, etc.

Not to mention the "benefit" of using Doctrines is sorta lost on forces that already have easy access to them since Ultra chapter tactics is literally "have three doctrines".

I mean you don't really "need" two uses of each doctrine compared to say...a force that has an "always on" chapter tactic but could use a single turn of doctrine enhanced firepower.

So basically the Spess Mongols are actually improved by the SM formation structure since they get 3 doctrines in addition to having their own special formations which give them more of what they want in the first place.
>>
>>43454434
>>43454473

He might be referring to the fact that Ultramarines already have tactical doctrines and Objective Secured in the form of troops without accessing the Gladius.

The benefit of going Battle Company is far less for Ultramarines than other chapters.
>>
>>43449272
Imperial Armour 1 second edition has a good armored company list. Ally that to a straight militarism for cheap wyverns and orders. Take auto cannon turrets on your chimeras.
>>
>>43454718
More or less,
One of best ways of running Ultras is Drop Pod Alpha Strike. So having 3 turns of rerolls+unit tax isn't something a highly efficient army that cripples the enemy by turn 1 or 2 want or needs...
>>
>>43452109

Cool; Ravenguard just got some really sweet new formations in the Kauyon book. Check it out.
>>
>>43454876
I don't quite understand why Tacs are still considered unit tax. The biggest problem they had before in my mind was being stuck with the option of taking a heavy weapon that could only fire when the unit was stationary, that had no synergy with any of their special weapon options and bolters that want to be closer to the enemy. Giving them the option to take a Grav Cannon helped fix that problem by giving Space Marines a heavy weapon that is a counter to about 75% of the units in game, and could still fire effectively on the move.

Yeah its 35 points, but that's the same cost as a Rhino would be if they weren't free. Speaking as a CSM player, that seems like a steal to get a gun that counters most of the game right now.
>>
>>43455478

Because Scouts are more points efficient and Bikes are better.
>>
>>43455478

CSM are shit. Just because something is slightly less shit doesn't make it not shit. For the same reason nobody wants to take CSM in their CSM army, MEQ players don't want to take MEQ in their loyalist armies. A Tactical Marine with Grav Cannon costs 49 points. FORTY-NINE POINTS. Buying 6 Grav Cannons in a Battle Company army is enough points to get a Riptide.
>>
>>43455478
There are better ways to deliver grav than Tacs, which are rather awful at the job, especially with cannons.

Bikes and Cents are much better platforms for the gun and cannon respectively, being more durable and Relentless/SnP allowing them to make the most of their salvo weapons.

I've made BC Tacs useful just with special + combi-sergeant. Free pods assist DPA and with melta they can be a somewhat cheap legitimate threat to any vehicle. Two squads armed as such have taken out the likes of Knights turn one, unassisted.

Otherwise stick them in that 20 point Razorback and use them to hold your objectives. If nothing else, they'll be a nuisance that draws fire away from the rest of your army.
>>
>>43455478
They're just sorta middling is the main thing. Scouts are literally the same statblock as Tacs, they're got a one point worse armour save, and gain rules (scout/infiltrate) while remaining cheaper.

True, you can give Tac squads specific weapon combos and that's certainly gotten better. The only problem is if I want to use a specific type of weapon I'll use a unit is primarily armed with that weapon already i.e. Devs, Cents, ect.

I do feel for you as far as comparing CSM and SM goes though.

>How the fuck do CSM not have "warband tactics" at the very least?
>>
>>43455620

Command Squads also make special tactical weapons pointless. AND they can take bikes. AND regular bike squads can take two specials and a combi anyway, with only 3 members and no bolter taxes.

There's just literally no reason to use tacticals unless you're Red Scorpions or Battle Company or something.
>>
I'm making a Greenwing Battle Company specifically because they are underpowered to fight against new players etc.

Tac marines 3+ just doesn't do well in a meta full of AP2 everywhere, in an edition where everything is fearless and melee is bad.

Heavy Bolters and Flamers should be free upgrades, Missle Launchers should be 5, Plasma and Lascannons 10. That would help a lot.

Storm Bolters should be Assault 3 Shred.

Best Loadout for Tacs is a Plasma or Meltagun with a matching combi, 5-6 man unit in a razorback IMHO.

I normally just spam scouts. They infiltrate and scout move, which is essentially a better deep strike in a lot of cases. They are cheaper, they hit just as hard and you get a 4+, which is normally as good as you'd get anyway.

Snipers are limited, but if you get precision shots on a heavy weapon or sargeant they can make their points back. Main value is camping an objective and plinking at things that can't shoot back while getting 3+ cover saves or better.
>>
>>43455803

Play a regular Greenwing instead of Battle Company if you want to make an underpowered army, faggot.
>>
As someone getting into 40k, what would be a good "Starter" for Imperial Guard? Like, something small in order to get me used to the rules and stuff. Like maybe two squads and a commisar or what?
>>
>>43451921
>>43455896
Cadia defense force.

Two squads, a CCS, a chimera, a Leman Russ. It's a good deal for its price.
>>
>>43455896

Try to find a new cadian snapfit box on eBay. The models are easier to build and super cheap compared to regular guardsmen. You will need guardsmen no matter what, whether you play horde conscripts, horde guardsmen, or elite veteran squads. Maybe pick up a Leman Russ too.
>>
>>43454385
>I hate the Tau now. They're arrogant. But most of all naive. Plus stupid. Thinking they've done something amazing when all they've done is beaten minor Imperial forces.

That's almost the best part of Tau. They're stupidly ignorant. They think the defeated Slaanesh because they killed one Chaos Space Marine.

It does get frustrating though when every story has them winning with no casualties. However, this line about the victories being pyrrhic at best.

Is there any fluff of Tau witnessing the IoM committing exterminatus?
>>
>>43455954
>cadian snapfit box
Are those literally the same as the other ones, save being easier to put together?
>>
>>43455969

http://totalwargamer.co.uk/images/detailed/2/snap-fit-cadians.jpg

That's what they look like. It's 5 guys with lasguns that cost less than half the normal price of 5 guys.
>>
>>43455583
Grav cannons can only kill one unit at a time. Stop running death stars.

>>43455966
Tau think they are the best
Therefor they are
>Basically better orks
>>
>>43456078
>Stop running death stars

The six grav cannons are spread throughout the six tax squads of a Battle Company you stupid nigger.
>>
File: Burning Dawn.jpg (65 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Burning Dawn.jpg
65 KB, 600x620
So, just say I wanted to start a Tau army. Would this be any good? I can get for 94 burgers, so I'd be saving some money.
>>
File: 1445161012296.jpg (185 KB, 734x737) Image search: [Google]
1445161012296.jpg
185 KB, 734x737
>>43455803
>loyalist complaining

>>43455966
i don't think the tau will be seeing any exterminatus because the imperium thinks that the tau planets are worth conquering rather then destroying. also everyone is arrogant as fuck except maybe the guard who are aware that they will die horribly against space horrors

>>43455620
chaos marines don't get warband tactics since we get marks. being able to go towards certain gods helps but then it doesn't really balance out since chaos pays for mark of tzeentch but loyalists get ultramarine tactics or bolter drills or what have you for free.

not to mention the balance between the gods is wonky. +1 toughness is worth a lot more then 6++, rage/counter attack and +1 initiative since the last 2 depend on actually being in combat
>>
>>43455620
It used to be that the defining feature of CSM were daemon summoning, daemon weapons, and veterans/marks, at the cost of newer gear and vehicle variety.

These strengths were pared down significantly, and in return they got dino-engines. I see people on forums complaining about the ranged weapon shortages more often than not, and expecting some sort of fix-all grav solution on the horizon. Weight of fire has really advanced since the core structuring of CSM troops choices.

Fixing CSM imo should refocus on their old strengths. Reliable summoning, diverse daemon weapons, powerful customizable MEQs. Not a single new Dino-bot needs to be introduced given GW can reap a fortune just by giving the existing range the make over it so desperately needs.

I'm not convinced about giving the faction a new series of gun profiles however. I like the fact that CSM rely on old hardware stockpiles.
>>
>>43456200

AND even if they weren't, 49 points for a T4 W1 3+ model is shit. Literally worse than Grav Centurions and even Tactical Terminators, point for point.
>>
>>43456205
Depends on what new codex says, old codex says no as the only really good unit in there is the pathfinders. Maybe the new codex has you using stealth suits, piranhas or etherals, though.
>>
>>43455983
Fuck yeah, I'll invest in that, I've already got 3 blisters of troops not made yet though, but I'll remember that for army building. Also, how are Ogryns/Bullgryns? I really fucking like how Bullgryns look but I don't wanna waste time if they are shit
>>
>>43456205
If you want to check and see how units work out, you can use this
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-7th-edition-codex-tau-empire-t11503397.html
Branstark's a cool dude who usually has solid mobile files of whatever gw puts out up.
I haven't looked at the codex yet, so see what you really like in it before you make a really hard decision as to what to do with your 100 American Fun Money.
I'm
>>43456225
>>
>>43456225
>>43456260
Alright, I'll take a look at the codex.
>>
Anyone feel Ork Boyz are slightly over priced?
>>
>>43454337
>Remove the pedo eyes on the knight
>Remove the two Scions, leave Beret dude.
>Up in the air about this chicken. Whatever
>>
>>43456208
>>43456210
Besides the obvious updates/additions to specialized rules i.e. items, units, etc., what would you say to multiple decurion style detachments that each reflected a type of CSM?

>Renegades (access to some SM weapons)
>Warband style (greater unit flexibilty/customization)
>Old Legion style (pseudo chapter tactics)

For starters.
>>
File: dae.png (690 KB, 440x887) Image search: [Google]
dae.png
690 KB, 440x887
>find out about the Regicide game
>about to pirate before watching their video
>buy because of the woman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NO5wHRm1BM

help
>>
File: sob50.jpg (90 KB, 800x782) Image search: [Google]
sob50.jpg
90 KB, 800x782
>>43455966
Oh I agree that's their best part. I'm impressed the writers at GW have made me hate Tau just via their writing. Shadowsun is arrogant and a bitch and I want her to realise she cannot win against the Imperium.

It's a shame Imperium is basically "Romans", IG being the mercenaries they got, Space Marines being professional soldiers. So it's unlikely Shadowsun will ever suffer this. I don't even want her to die. I want her spirit to be crushed. I want to see her people face off against Imperator Titans, dozens of Space Marine chapters and billions upon billions of IG, topped off with AdMech Contingents and SoB Orders.

While that -seems- to be the next step, the fact it's only 'minor' really annoys me. I know the whole point is "Lords of Terra are stupid and trust in their own superiority and think X will do when they need to do X + Y". They think a few hundred regiments of IG, some Sisters of Battle orders, few companies of Space Marines and a couple of AdMech arks will be enough. It's foolish. Just cause they send Titans, isn't really enough.

BUT. I think this is definitely building up to IA14. Which will be Imperium vs Tau (originally Chaos vs Tau, then AdMech vs Tau, now IG vs Tau) which could be pretty awesome. The Ordinatus was suppose to be out on FW, but it isn't (I emailed them asking why), the KV139 doesn't have a book with it's entry. So kinda makes sense, since it's a big event.

>yfw SoB get an update and a campaign book of them purging the xeno scum. A cannoness beats Shadowsun to the floor and Shadowsun is like "we're both women! Men, eh?" and then the Canoness goes "My Emperor was a man. Now a God. You insult him. Die scum." and she blows Shadowsuns face off
>>
Is $150 for
Three Leman Russes (apparently interchangeable)
Three "Chimeras" They're Bolt Action tanks
A Manticore
A Basilisk
and A converted Hydra
>>
>>43456342
Somebody also wanted Blood Angels and Dark Angels and Space Wolves at the back. Put Blood Angel one next to the Ork. The Dark Angel next to BA (and Nid). Then Space Wolf between Nid and Mechanicum.
>>
>>43456758
Shit.
Is it a good deal?

I can't finish thoughts apparently
>>
>>43456758

yeah sure bro
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>43456342
Now we have more room to work with
>>
>>43456775
yes, its a good deal assuming you want those models and the hydra conversion doesn't suck dick
>>
>>43453640

What "two beings" ?

That isn't making a lot of sense and that isn't really explaining the lack of undivided for Daemon Princes.
>>
>>43456741
IA14 will be awesome. So keen.

Can't wait for the moment when a SoB becomes a living saint and just tears through rank after rank of faithless Tau.
>>
>>43456741
>>43456861

>expecting SoB update from FW
I-it's nice to dream Anons, isn't it...?
>>
>>43456885
A man can dream, a man can dream.

I don't expect new rules and support. I just want a story where the Imperium's faith physically manifests in a living saint and royally fucks up the Tau's shit.

It'll do their head in because it'll be unexplainable. Legion of the Damned turning up would suffice too.
>>
>>43455861

It's mostly an excuse to play with models I don't use, and I have given every squad a Vet Sargeant with a Combi-Plasma or Plasma Pistol, and every squad has taken plasma everything. I also took a Maxed out Command Squad with a Librarian and Chaplain running as bodyguard for the Company Master.

Trust me, it's bad. But, it's fluffy and fun.

At least it isn't CSM bad, to >>43456208 's point

>>43456433
This would help, I would also include a formation with something like

>Corrupted (summoning, possessed, warp talons, everything gets fear)

Allowing disordered charges out of rhinos at -2 distance would also help greatly. Thats how we houseruled it. Also if you fail a charge you take the lower of the two dice.
>>
>>43456433
I'm personally suspecting a single decurion for CSM that changes effects based on the mark on the manditory HQ in it. MoK gives you a Khorncurion, MoN a Nurgcurion, etc.Probably cult unit taxes based on the mark too.
>>
>>43457104

YOU WANT 3.5

YOU WANT LEGION RULES

HERE, HAVE DAEMONKIN

FAGGOT
>>
File: 1443566132319.jpg (310 KB, 736x1199) Image search: [Google]
1443566132319.jpg
310 KB, 736x1199
>>43456741
>sisters doing any significant or getting more then a footnote

to be honest the sisters of battle kinda irk me. only 1 sister ever fell to chaos while marines fall all the time. i still don't get that since marines are brainwashed, chemically altered, and pray constantly but some trained women are immune to the influence of chaos? really gw? they're funded by a big organization but they only get marine weapons and like short ranged fighting. they don't have the numbers do really be doing more then guarding a few shrine worlds. not to mention the faith aspect is some form of psychic resonance, though that is cool.
>>
File: 1407779954099.png (519 KB, 747x839) Image search: [Google]
1407779954099.png
519 KB, 747x839
>>43456653
>I'd righteous fury to unleash more abilities on her turn if you know what I'm saying.

>>43456741
>AdMech vs Tau
Hell, I'd settle for another AdMech formation or special character but we're GETTING AN ORDINATUS!

Also ditto on wanting to see the Tau get seriously messed up.
>>
>>43457156

Women tend to have less lofty aspirations than men and are thus more able to resist the temptation of dark power.

The real explanation is their holiness. The Ecclesiarchy falls to Chaos far less than the largely atheist space marines. Have you also heard of a CSM who came from an Emperor worshipping chapter?
>>
File: laughingBearersofTheWord.jpg (124 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
laughingBearersofTheWord.jpg
124 KB, 900x563
>>43457185
>CSM who came from an Emperor worshipping chapter?
>>
>>43457220

Chapter.

Word Bearers stopped worshipping the Emperor around the time their crown city got rekt anyway.
>>
>>43457185
>less lofty goals

i don't buy that, i know then a few women that day dream about ruling the world and a few dudes with no goals in mind. the holiness angle does explain it, but then you also have priests or guardsmen that fall to chaos. maybe the emperor is just looking out for the sisters more then anyone else?

>>43457146
i want to get off mr.bones ride.jpeg
>>
>>43457220

Worshipping the Emperor before he's on the throne and creating holy Living Saint greater daemons hardly counts. That's like worshipping Khorne when the Warp was calm. Ain't gonna do shit naga.
>>
>>43457268

Guardsmen aren't particularly holy. Priests fall far less often than marines and regular people.
>>
>>43457289
i guess the longer you pray the more you can resist chaos. there's probably a formula for this
>>
>>43457324

Fucking marines don't pray to the Emperor at ALL! It's always "Chapter this", "for the Emperor that", "we march for McFag"

That's it! We've cracked it! With this, Chaos is as good as finished!
>>
>>43456811
Oh baby
>>
>>43456811
>>43457435

If you want it to be accurate, the rest of the image should just be orks and tyranids in the same corners the hive fleets are coming from.
>>
>>43456885
I mean GW did a campaign update like Shield of Baal, Sanctus Reach, Kauyon and so on. The subject being counter-attack.

While the IA14 is just IG, Space Marines and AdMech mostly.

>>43456885
FW said they won't touch them until GW updates them.

>>43456775
Pics would be nice.

Bought new that'd cost you $416+shipping.

>>43457171
I dunno why the Ordinatus isn't on FW, it was in White Dwarf 91 saying it was "available now on FW" but I can't see it anywhere. So I emailed them asking if there was a reason.
>>
>>43457371
promotions all around. so as far as resistance to chaos go i think it lines up like this

>emperor
>grey knights
>servitors
>sisters of battle
>exorcists
>pure souls
>>
For chaos daemons, if I had a level one Herald of Slaanesh, do I need to roll once on the excess table?
If not, can I roll on telepathy, and get the primaris power for rolling all my rolls telepathy and the free excess primaris?
>>
>>43451117
>WHY WOULD YOU NOT USE THE OTHER THREE QUARTERS OF YOUR CODEX??? IT HAS SUCH AWESOME STUFF!!

Been playing daemons since they came out and have a shamefully big collection of the full range.

I play Slaanesh because my mono Khorne army got fisted something severe in the latest codex so I've retried that bunch.

The speed of Slaanesh is also one of the few ways to play CC armies in the local meta so I'm kinda dedicated at this point.

Nurgle is fantastic, but everyone and their mother are using nurgle around here because of their ingame superiority in terms of rules. So trying something else.

That and I've acumilated 50+ old daemonettes I want to air now and then.
>>
>>43452486
>Heavy Gun Drones
You mean those things Forge World gave up on?
>>
>>43458004
No one likes them cause burst cannons suck
>>
>>43457900
you have the chaos psychic focus so you get the primaris for excess, but can't get the focus off telepathy
>>
>>43458239
Gracias
>>
>>43453640
>In the latest fluff, some instance of Necron techno-fuckery removed Chaos undivided nearly entirely, save for two beings. The 13th crusade flickered out of existence for a brief second, allowing Cadia to be retaken, and resetting the status quo on the ongoing battle over the system. Basically retcon maintenance.

Where the fuck can I read this?
>>
What % of points is it generally recommended to be spent on troops?
>>
>>43458423

Depends on how good your troops are. Usually books with mediocre troops spend as little as possible on them. Armies with ridiculously good troops take all 6 squads.
>>
>>43458417
>the point
>
>
>
>your head
>>
>>43457371
Black Templars do.

>>43457663
Only 1 SoB has ever fallen to Chaos willingly. The rest are at best mind-controlled by power pyskers to do shit. Those the Chaos SoB is kinda a renegade as she has fought Chaos herself with her powers. Well, actually, no, she's just Slaaneshi and fights the other Gods because le Great Game.

Grey Knights are utterly immune.

Servitors rarely change, but they can do, it depends on the person before they got 'upgraded' and the level of conciousness.

Exorcists? They those Space Marines?

You're also forgetting Nulls, such as Sisters of Silence. They don't have a presence in the Warp so it's very hard to do anything to them. They have to fall willingly and if they do, they can't be corrupted as there is nothing to corrupt. They just have to fight for Chaos. Obviously they don't.

>>43452486
>>43458004
That picture there is about 26.4k points. I personally swap the HGD for Sniper Drones. Which pushes the points up.

>>43458417
>>43458435
It was a joke. He was pissing off Carnac. Thou Carnac likes Necrons. Currently it goes Chaos - Necrons - Tau. He'll fap over something else and ruin it for everybody soon enough. He also starts shitposting threads and it's doing my fucking nut.
>>
>>43458435
What point?

What?
>>
What's the point of the Fusion Collider? It hurts like a normal fusion blaster (S8 AP1 Melta). The only difference is that it is blast weapon. In what situation would I want a blast melta?
>>
>>43458489
instakilling T4 multiwound models.
its pretty niche
>>
>>43458450

>It was a joke. He was pissing off Carnac.

The fuck does he have to do with undivided Daemon Princes?

Nobody has answered that question yet.
>>
>>43450779

Daemonettes are really good. Like, REALLY GOOD. The models suck though. Buy a bunch of Dark Elf Wyches if you are rich.
>>
>>43458568
Bel'akor is an Undivided Prince and Carnac faps over him. So much so people hate the character now. Probably Carnacs' intent.

Person asking bout Undivided (let's say it was you and not Carnac) was assumed to be Carnac as he bums Undivided and Bel'lakor and it was seen as a shitpost.

Until mods ban him permanently, his shit will continue. I hope he got banned for that shitpost thread about women in 40k.

>>43458489
Squadrons exist now. Taking out T4 and below models in one hit. It means the end of blobs. I'm not sure why you're asking this. Melta Blasts are great. Imagine it, Transport drops it's guys off, you then shoot the troops AND the Transport. Transport then (hopefully) explodes, doing more damage to the troops and your blast ID's pretty much any troop choice in the game.
>>
File: muh husbando.jpg (419 KB, 694x1203) Image search: [Google]
muh husbando.jpg
419 KB, 694x1203
Wanted to make a Steel Legion list that remained fluffy while still staying competitive. How'd I do boys?

+++ Steel Legion (1850pts) +++

++ Astra Militarum: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (970pts) ++

+ HQ (550pts) +

Tank Commander (550pts)
Command Punisher [2x Heavy Bolter, Camo Netting, Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter, Knight Commander Pask, Warlord]
Vanquisher [Dozer Blade, Lascannon]
Vanquisher [Dozer Blade, Lascannon]

+ Troops (290pts) +

Veterans (145pts) [Flak Armour for Squad, 3x Veteran w/ Grenade Launcher, 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun]
Chimera [Autocannon*, Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter]
Veteran Sergeant [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]

Veterans (145pts) [Flak Armour for Squad, 3x Veteran w/ Grenade Launcher, 6x Veteran w/ Lasgun]
Chimera [Autocannon*, Dozer Blade, Heavy Bolter]
Veteran Sergeant [Close Combat Weapon, Laspistol]

+ Heavy Support (130pts) +

Wyvern Battery (65pts)
Wyvern [Heavy Bolter]

Wyvern Battery (65pts)
Wyvern [Heavy Bolter]

++ Astra Militarum: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) (880pts) ++

+ Formation (880pts) +

"The Steel Host" (880pts)
Hydra [Heavy Bolter]
Leman Russ Squadron
Executioner [Lascannon]
Leman Russ Squadron
Executioner [Lascannon]
Leman Russ Squadron
Executioner [Lascannon]
Tank Commander
Command Exterminator [Dozer Blade, Lascannon, Tank Commander]
Exterminator [Lascannon]
>>
>>43458768

But Bel'akor isn't even anything to write home about.

He's just like Ghazghkull and Dante.
>>
>>43458799
Not to Carnac. To Carnac, he is the conductor for everything! He caused the End Times in WHFB! He is going to kill the Emperor! He does everything cause he's that powerful!

So, a character who I liked has now been infected by Carnac and his spamming about him.
>>
>>43456319

No but I'd argue their upgrades are.

'eavy Armour is good but adds up way too fast and all of the necessary Boss Nob upgrades equal like 5 extra Boyz.
Not to mention paying for Shootas is annoying as well.
>>
>>43456653
>that singular eyebrow raise
>>
>>43456653
>>
>>43457156
Only one Sister has fallen WILLINGLY. The rest have fallen, either by mind-control, pysker powers or some other way. As in, they resist it and shit, but they still 'fall'. But it isn't willingly and have to be controlled to do Chaosy stuff.

As for numbers, numbers don't exist in 40k. There is no exact number of anything. Eldar are a dying race but GW themselves have said don't think of it like that, there is still billions of Eldar alive (and if you count Dark Eldar and Exodites, they're not really dying).

Phill Kelly says they're "holding on just barely and losses are only minor things, keeping the important stuff" and thinks there are hundreds of craftworlds, with the average housing a hundred million to half a billion Eldar.

Therefore, the amount of SoB is unlikely to be minor. It'll be in the millions. SoB are the go-between IG and Space Marine.
>>
>>43448851
Whats a way to play 40k, the tabletop, online?
Am I stuck using tabletopsimulator and their lack of forgeworld models?
>>
Generally, what kind of units and stats do you want in competitive list?
>>
>>43459058
Vassel40k
>>
>>43459057
>Only one Sister has fallen WILLINGLY.

Source? You are making bullshit up that was never stated in the actual fluff.
>>
>>43459241
>not knowing about miri-miri sabby-chan

Newfags shouldn't demand citations and accusing people of lying when they don't even lurk.
>>
>>43459057
Eldar are a dying race in the sense that 99% of their population died in the Fall (although given they were an extremly advanced interstellar empire, there's probably still tens if not hundreds of billions of Eldar left), and the remaining population is slowly declining. Any loss of Eldar life is felt very keenly because there's very few of them left compared to how many there used to be, and because their population grow is low to negative even without their people getting killed in battle, but it would still take millenias before they'd go extincts.

Of course that only applies to Craftworld Eldar. DE keeping their population up despite the very short life-expectancy of the average DE due to them speed-growing new DE in artificial wombs, and Exodites seem to have no problems keeping their population up (probably because after a hard day herding dinosaurs the Exodite men just want to get home and have sex with their hot space-elf wives rather than write epic poetry about the doom of their race).
>>
>>43458819
>he is the conductor for everything!

He is.

He was the guy who attracted Chaos to this old world and the guy whose rebellion saved the old world (source his dataslate).

>He caused the End Times in WHFB!

He did.

(Source the Archaon novel dualogy).

>He is going to kill the Emperor!

Never said that.

But he is attempting to kill the Emperor but the Imperial Fists and Legion of the Damned are killblocking him.

>He does everything cause he's that powerful!

He is more of a puppet master than a fighter. He doesn't sully his hand with combat unless he has to and unless it's personal.

So what's yoyr problem? Is someone saying Be'lakor's fluff triggers you?
>>
>>43459278
Except we lurked and we have been in this debate before.

We dismantled all the Sisterfag lies. There is NO source that says that she fell willingly or not. The idiots are talking bullshit on Warhammer wiki as actual canon.
>>
>>43458819
Well done look what you did.
>>43459287
You fucking faggots just can't leave it alone can you? You can't go one fucking thread without discussing Be'lakor and Carnac.

Fuck you.
>>
>>43459296
taking*
>>
>>43458768
It's only a small blast, though, so you usually won't get all that many models under it (unless they deep strike and haven't spread out, or something). Hitting both a transport and the unit that disembarked from it only works if the models are right next to the transport (unlikely considering you can move 6'' when disembarking) and the blast doesn't scatter at all.
Besides, the ion raker has a s8 large blast firing mode, whcih is better at dealing with blobs. Only ap4, but most blobs of units don't have 3+ saves anyway.

The collider might be useful if you run the Ghoskeel outside the formation, since it is fairly multipurpose weapon (it's an extra melta shot, can kill 3+ and 2+ save models, and might be able to hit multiple models), but in the formation the ion raker is definitely better (6 s7 shots againt rear armour is enough to damage most vehicles, and against the few that have rear av 13 or 14 you still have a twin-liked fusion blaster).
>>
>>43459296

People who dismiss Warhammer wiki because "it doesn't have citations" are the real idiots. Most of their info is accurate and they even list the sources at the bottom of the page, it's just not spoonfed to you with inline citations.

Since Miriael only has two sources, it's pretty easy to verify. And she DOES actually show up in the Wiki sources. One of the sources is even on your vaunted and beloved Lexicanum, and written by ADB.

If you consider BL canon, you have to consider Chaos SoB canon. Of course BL is garbage, but that's beyond the point.
>>
>>43459296
Miriael Sabathiel. Google it and shut up.
>>
>>43459314
What can I say? The dude is obsessed about me and can't stop himself from mentioning whenever he can. I was lurking in AoS thread minding my business and supporting Swigmar, then suddenly my "Based'kor alarm" started going off.

I tracked the disturbance to this thread and what I found pissed me off. Ignorance about the Dark Master and, worst of all, lying sisterfags.
>>
>>43459296

http://wh40k-de.lexicanum.com/wiki/Miriael_Sabathiel

Lexicanum is woefully inadequate and incomplete. Saying 40k wiki isn't canon is stupid when they give you sources. I've looked up multiple marine chapters and all the info is pretty much transcribed word for word with a couple syntax changes, and all the sources check out. They're just missing the pages, which I know because I had a personal interest in the chapters.
>>
It's more bullshit to have zero SoB willingly falling to Chaos than it is to have one, especially when we already know for a fact dozens of them fall to Chaos unwillingly.
>>
>>43459340
Except that in a previous thread went over the citations one by one. Three of the citations didn't even mention her. Only Abnett's novel mentioned her and it doesn't back your case.

So anon you are the idiot here for believing things on a wiki that's not trying to be accurate.

>>43459343
I know who she is, moron.
>>
>>43459353
You

see

>>43459359

Alright. I'll give you a challenge. Find what's written in the wiki in any of the sources cited in the warhammer wiki.

Copy it on paint and upload it here. Maybe I should start spamming the chicken meme now.
>>
>>43459347
Have you ever considered just shrugging and ignoring it? Like everyone else?
>>
>>43459376
I'll shrug the Be'lakor stuff because it was discussed to death.

But sister related stuff? Never. It's beyond personal.

Anyways, it's look like someone (sisterfags) removed the citations of the CSM 3th ED codex and the other source in the warhammer wiki. They are feeling the pressure.
>>
anyone else like the new white tau painting scheme than the old khaki one?
>>
File: False sources.png (37 KB, 878x378) Image search: [Google]
False sources.png
37 KB, 878x378
>>43459389
(picture related).

These were the sources on Miriael Sabathiel warhammer wiki page for YEARS. When we (mostly the other based anon) went through them one by one, guess what we discovered? She wasn't mentioned in any of them except the card game and BL short story.

Warhammer wiki then removed theses "sources" when we started calling them out. This is vile plot sisterfags, I know it.
>>
>>43459415
Oh fuck yeah. Can't believe they didn't do it sooner.

It isn't new though. It's been around for a while.
>>
So what's up with Chaos? Combined Chaos Codex? Mono-God Daemonkin for everyone?

Plus, Chaos needs more Tzeentch love in general. If it's not Khorne, it's Nurgle and they just plain suck compared to Tzeentch.
>>
>>43455966
>That's almost the best part of Tau. They're stupidly ignorant. They think the defeated Slaanesh because they killed one Chaos Space Marine.
People always keep bringing that up and completely missing the context. They didn't think they defeated Slaanesh because they killed on CSM. They though said CSM was named Slaanesh because the army of cultists he was leading kept talking about "their lord Slaanesh". This was supposed to be one of their earliest encounters with the worshippers of Chaos, and the Tau didn't know Chaos and the Warp were a thing (the Ethereals appear to have always known, but they've kept it secret from the rest of the Tau) and their own culture doesn't have any gods (closest thing they have to religion is the belief in the Greater Good, which has no gods or supernatural beings), so it's not unreasonable they don't immediately jump into the conclusion that the cultists are talking about their god rather than the guy leading the cult, let alone figuring said god actually exists rather than being just supersticious rambling. It's not like they have out of universe knowlege that would immediately inform them of the existance, names and domains of all Chaos Gods.
In any case, they get corrected pretty quickly when they interrogate one of the cultists and ask him about this "Slaanesh" guy they were serving.
>>
>>43459441
They still think Sorcerers and Psykers are using tech to do the things they do. They never learn.
>>
>>43459452
Imperials and Eldar think that Necron technology is magic.

It goes both ways.
>>
>>43459440
Daemonkin was just a reason to sell the Khorne stuff in Fantasy to 40k players.

They would never do combined chaos because it would piss of people who want the armies to remain separate and bring in less cash.
>>
>>43459464
Imperials and Eldar a shit. Imperials are idiots, and Eldar are shitty space elves.

>>43459468
So no one has any clue what's going on with the Chaos codices?
>>
>>43459359
>Only Abnett's novel mentioned her and it doesn't back your case

Too bad that just ruined your entire argument. ADB mentioned her in an official novel, how is it not canon.

Judging by your idiocy, your "dismantling" of the sources was probably not even accurate. One of the sources is a fucking trading card, which readily turns up on google.
>>
>>43459486
>ADB mentioned her in an official novel, how is it not canon.

Wow.

Aren't you a lost little sheep?

ADB did not mention in any novel. Only DAN ABNETT wrote about her in short story and she wasn't said to be the ONLY FALLEN WILLING SISTER.

>probably not even accurate.

See (>>43459421)

These are the sources cited on the wiki. They have page numbers too!

Feel free to look them over and try to find proofs to what you are claiming. Let me save you the trouble, they aren't there.
>>
>People confusing Dan Abnett with Aaron Dembski-Bowden (aka ADB)

This is just sad.
>>
>>43459517
Continued....

Just more clarification for the sake of little lost sheep everywhere.

I am not saying she isn't canon. I am saying that her being the only sister who fell willingly is bullshit. It's a Sisterfag fabrication.
>>
>>43459582

Probably should have led off with that instead of derailing the general. Yet again.

Or better yet, stop bringing SoBfag shit into the generals and derailing period, you fedora tipping piece of shit.
>>
File: 13380783424_72f16a2d12_c.jpg (169 KB, 800x523) Image search: [Google]
13380783424_72f16a2d12_c.jpg
169 KB, 800x523
>>43451584
I know this is a bit late but I have some serious critiques

>Why are you buying your Arch-Demagogue carapace armor when he gets 3+ armor from Heretek Magus?
>IDK what the marauders are their for. They don't have any role. They are just overpriced BS3 autoguns. You can just get more Veterans that will do the exact same thing for 20 less points
>Veteran Champions are 5 points, not 15
>You can only have one Fighter Ace
>Buying sponsons on Russ Leman Battle Tanks is a waste because the ordnance weapon makes any other weapon fire as Snap Fire so its just a waste of points
>You should always break up squadrons as much as possible. Putting them all in a single unit just limits your options and makes it easier to kill them all
>You need some special weaponry. Most of your units are just toting basic weapons. You need to get some melta (that actual work), get something like plasma to deal with MCs and 2+ armor. You need some tools at your disposal
>>
>>43459649
As long as we agree that Sisterfags are a shit and that Miriael Sabathiel is not the only willing fallen sister, then we cool, brah.
>>
File: 1445516966559.jpg (765 KB, 1260x1595) Image search: [Google]
1445516966559.jpg
765 KB, 1260x1595
Are there any good strategy guides for playing Orks?

I've basically designed my army to be a Green Tide with a decent amount of heavy support and vehicles (e.g. Trukks, looted wagons). But I've only every played with my army once.

I'm signed up to take part in a food drive tournament thing at my local GW and wanted to use my army for that, but I'm not sure what strategy would be useful.
>>
Chaos codex 7E

>Grav cannon & amp added to the list of obliterator weapons

Are they on par with Cent devs now?
>>
>>43459770
I don't want chaos marines to have loyalist guns -1, I want them to have some of their own variations. The DarkMec doesn't care about technoheresy, so why can't they invent stuff?
>>
>>43459705
If there isn't a painboy in the tide and tankbustas in the trukks you're doing something wrong.

Read
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/90/623943.page
For how2greentide.
>>
>>43459788
Because their idea of invention is sticking daemons into toasters and seeing what happens.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.