[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General- Yelling edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70
File: 1458548949690.jpg (109 KB, 800x793) Image search: [Google]
1458548949690.jpg
109 KB, 800x793
You are invited to a Fantasy Battle campaign in Athel Loren. Your end goal is to eradicate the Wood Elf player by any means necessary (the girl running the campaign is flexible and will set up all kinds of special scenarios, if you can justify them by fluff).

What army do you bring, what is your grand strategy, and what do you hope the other players (who may have their own agendas) bring?

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
http://unsupported-armies.blogspot.com/

Last thread: >>46320773
>>
>>46344522
>You are invited to a Fantasy Battle campaign in Athel Loren. Your end goal is to eradicate the Wood Elf player by any means necessary (the girl running the campaign is flexible and will set up all kinds of special scenarios, if you can justify them by fluff).
>What army do you bring, what is your grand strategy, and what do you hope the other players (who may have their own agendas) bring?
Dwarfs, lots of warriors, some slayers, longbeards, ironbreakers; flame cannons, flaming bolt thrower, all magic weapons flaming. Hack and Burn all the way, hope my allies bring cavalry to flank and pin the enemy.
>>
File: them covered tits.png (703 KB, 528x789) Image search: [Google]
them covered tits.png
703 KB, 528x789
Dark elf player here reposting for rules assistance.
The cauldron of blood is listed as a chariot with scythes, does that mean it deals impact hits?

I also need suggestions for magical beasts that could either perform the function of a bolt thrower or be the mount for one.
>>
>>46344891
Enslaved ogre/troll chucking spears
>>
>>46344913
That seems a bit half assed, cool as shit but half assed.
>>
>>46344891
D6+1 impact hits for scythed chariot.
>>
>>46344891
Maybe a Rat Ogre using the bolt thrower like a crossbow, or having it placed on it's back.
>>
>>46344522

Needs a swarm of gnoblars desu senpai
>>
Has anyone heard of A Fantastic Saga? I'm flipping through the PDF and it seems like a really interesting rule set.
>>
So, /whfb/ what are you currently working on?
>>
File: mwm (1).jpg (195 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mwm (1).jpg
195 KB, 1600x1200
>>46346084
Being triggered by "pro painted" models on ebay
>>
>>46344891
giant porcupine?

as for mounting crossbow on one - well, Naggarroth is frozen north, right? use a mammoth.
or a spider. spiders are always cool.
or buy one of the smaller dragons from Reaper, don't give it wings and mount bolt thrower on resulting giant lizard (shadow dragon model would work especially well for sea-themed army)
>>
>>46346167
wow, apparently I always been a pro painter but never knew it!
>>
>>46345475
Cheers.

>>46346186
Reapers range probably will have something magical in nature to use. I completely forgot to check their monster line.
I was thinking of using the kings of war dagons breath but the pictures are so crappy I can't tell if it's worth it.

>>46346084
Dark elf list for vampire counts stomping.
>>
Hello there! /tg/ White Dwarf anon here!

We have a rough plan of first issue and we need your participation! It's supposed to be a /tg/ creation!
You can find the plan here
https://1d4chan.org/wiki//tg/_White_Dwarf#Current_Issue_Work_In_Progress

You can suggest content here
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Talk:/tg/_White_Dwarf

Don't be scared if you want to propose something unrelated to issue's theme or clashing with the plan - we're flexible and good content is more important than theme or plan.

Thanks for your attention.
Have a nice day!
>>
>>46346084
finishing my branchwraiths
just archer one (for Toxic Pollen aspect) left to complete
>>
so the fuckers took down the skaven battalion without it being sold out. just before I wanted to get some once I got my salary this month
>>
File: fire wizard miscasts.jpg (229 KB, 995x645) Image search: [Google]
fire wizard miscasts.jpg
229 KB, 995x645
>>46347183
I've just realized that there are a lot of elf players on /tg/

>>46347245
Buy one from ebay, you damned fool.
>>
>>46347382

Yeah, I can buy it from ebay at 65 GBP or could have gotten one from independent retailers for 45 GBP, it is literally the same I am such a fool
>>
so dreary here
>>
How do you feel about the insanity mechanic in 2e? Do you use it as often as suggested, or do you pare it down?
>>
>>46347669
I don't feel like posting today
>>
>>46347828
Congrats
>>
>>46347835
I just realized... is "Knight of the Blazing Sun" a pun?
>>
>>46347847
I don't get it
>>
>>46347929
well, "blazing sun" and "night" are sorta incompatible things
>>
>>46347835
Nice hat, whaddya trying to look like, a secret agent?
>>
>>46347943
...I don't know how to reply to that since my folder of anime grills disappeared into the warp
>>
File: 16-Maneaters.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
16-Maneaters.pdf
1 B, 486x500
How do people feel about Ogre Warbands for Mordheim?

A couple of my group members are throwing minor to major tantrums at the fact the list would potentially have more than one multiple-wound model.

I'm not trying to powergame this, I honestly just want to play with the only models I have. This is a new warband I found, made by Border Town Burning, is there anything majorly wrong with it, or are those guys in my group just reactionist faggots who want to flat out deny me the possibility of even trying it out to see how it works?

I also wanted to potentially include Gnoblars, but they objected to the possible choice of ignoring them for the purposes of Rout (Ogres and Gnoblars don't give a shit about Gnoblars), claiming that anything which ignored or manipulated certain game rules was verboten.

So given the option of including some stupidly vulnerable chumps who would die in droves and cause my Ogres to flip their shit and run away, I decided not to.
>>
>>46348155
I'd agree with them on Rout.
Ogres and Gnoblars don't give a shit about Gnoblars on a battlefield, when they are part of a bigger army and there's good nice battle in front of them.

When you are just a few guys in scary dark corrupted ruined city, teeming with ratfolk who will eat you alive, mutants, fanatics and god knows what else? You care even about Gnoblar if he's on your team
>>
>>46347245
You're better off buying the new Start Collecting! Pestilens box and square bases if you want Plague Monks, or separate boxes of Clanrats if you want Clanrats.

God damn those old Rat Ogres are fucking ugly.
>>
>>46348187
Fair enough I guess.
Just wanted to hear an opinion from someone else.

Any other opinions on Ogres in a list in general?
>>
>>46348192

Well, that's the issue, I wouldn't spend money on those Rat Ogres alone, and the main draw of the battalion for me was actually getting those rat ogres + giant rats +3 herders for free :(

Oh well, there goes my plans of a Rat Ogre horde.
>>
>>46348233
get IoB rat ogres from chinamen
those ancient separate ratogres are fucking ugly
>>
>>46348244

I already have like 6 IoB rat ogres. The old multipart ratogres might be ugly, but offer way more posability and variety than the two snapfit new ones.
>>
File: Ahah.jpg (66 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
Ahah.jpg
66 KB, 960x768
>>46347847
>>46347929
>>46347943
>>46348128
>mfw I never realized this before.
>>
>>46348274
Kitbash the IoB Rat Ogres with the Screaming Bell Rat Ogre and the heads/melee weapons of the Stormfiends and you'll get fairly unique models.

Or, since their rules are kind of subpar anyway, just use the ones you have as unit filler for your infantry blocks.
>>
>>46348444
they ain't bad in 9th
>>
So, very recently(like a year ago) I decided to get a fantasy army. I have only recently gotten back onto 4chan and other such sites so did not keep up with product lines and such, and was unaware of both the death of WHFB and Age of Sigmar

Got me the bare minimum Vampie counts in one of the big boxes but now I'm worried..

did I just blow money I could have spent expanding my 40K armies on something GW is about to not support? Or am do I now desperately by as many models as possible to build a proper army before they just aren't available anymore?
>>
>>46348510

Vampire Counts are safe mate, and though finding people to play warhammer with will be increasingly difficult, there will be always people playing either WHFB, KOW or 9th age.
>>
>>46348510
Judging by how Mordheim, BFG, Epic etc. all have fairly strong communities despite being unsupported for years, and the high prices/low availability of their models on ebay, I'd say it's better to get into it sooner rather than later.
>>
>>46348510
>did I just blow money I could have spent expanding my 40K armies on something GW is about to not support?

Yes, but at this points any money not spent on 30k (the only good GW game for the past 10 years) is wasted anyways.
>>
What are the weakest characters/units that can kill a greater daemon in the fluff? I know dragons,elf heroes and the best haos champions can bring them down, but what of the other factions? Is there anything that go go one on one with a greater daemon from the orcs? How about the ogres, or the vampire counts or tomb kings?
>>
>>46348587
Well, Grimgor humiliated Archaon the Everemo, and that fag beat a greater daemon.
>>
>>46348622
To be fair he just finished beating up both Valten and Luthor Huss, then got hit on the head with a lamp while he wasn't looking.

>>46348587
Humans heroes such as Paladins and Captains of the Empire.
>>
>>46348587
in fluff, Ogre Tyrants beat Giants into submission one-on-one. presumably, with their bare fists / non lethal weapons, as to not kill the said giant. quite possibly a particularly badass Tyrant in full battle gear could take on a greater daemon.

Coven Throne is said to be able to take on a Greater Daemon in armybook fluff. Abhorash would skin a Greater Daemon without breaking a sweat.

Settra killed a Great Unclean One, I believe. Also, Tomb Kings have the Destroyer of Eternities, which can perma-kill Greater Daemon with but a single hit, IIRC.

Orcs... dunno about Orcs.

>>46348622
stone-paper-scissors
Grimgor headbutts Archaon, Archaon chokes Bloodthirster, Bloodthirster stomps Grimgor
>>
>>46346084
multibasing my skellingtons
>>
>>46348656
That's not actually how it happened, archie bunker and grimgor had a legitimate brawl after grimgor had cut his way through hell pit, marched straight through archaons chaos horde and faced him 1 V1

That was when krom the conquer might very well have been the greatest warrior alive but bowed to archaon because his gods demanded it though.

>>46348587
The weakest thing to kill a greater demon was either the dorf who picked up gotreks axe originally and managed to take a bloodthirster down with him or felix, a human with a magic sword who has brawled with two greater demons.
>>
>>46349100
I was paraphrasing, but he still fought him after he had fought two great heroes. It's like getting into a super heavy weight boxing match immediately after fighting, well, a boxing match against two heavy weights.
>>
>>46349135
Neither valten nor huss were all that, valten was famous for wailing on beastmen and luther was an old ass man.
Even with karls hammer he still needed years of training before he would have been ready to fight the ever chosen, karl should have been the one to face him with death claw.

Also grimgor had been fighting for almost a month at that point, he was equally exhausted. It's one of the few times that GW actually wrote a decent match up.
>>
File: rocks.png (5 MB, 1472x1716) Image search: [Google]
rocks.png
5 MB, 1472x1716
>>46348587
I'm fairly sure oxayotl kicked his fair amount of daemonic asses during his infamous trip.
On the lizardmen side there was also that time jungle swarms killed a daemon prince and pic related.
But it's daemon princes, not greater daemons.
>>
>>46348233
Go metal or go home.
>>
>>46348587
It took like twenty Halberdiers to kill one in the story of the Everchosen before Archaon.

He picked up their unit champion and pulped him, but the rest stabbed and swung until what was left looked more like one of Tzeentch's painted red over red.
>>
>>46348453
Are large numbers of rat ogres and plague monks a basis for an army in 9th? I was thinking of making an alternate list for Warhams with my models, but from my experience, the troops I have aren't that great and Skaven rely heavily on gimmick troops I don't have models for.
>>
>>46349295
Don't bullshit.

Valten was Sigmar reincarnated and wielding the Ghaz Maraz a weapon that destroyed Nagash, and Luthor Huss was the most powerful Warrior Priest. The fact that they were hammering Archaon and getting hammered by him but stood their ground proves how powerful they were.

They wounded Archaon grievously but at the end when Archaon was going to finish Valten he saw the comet birthmark on his chest which made him freeze from a crisis of faith.

Then Grimgor came around from behind to trample him and headbutt him. It wasn't even fight because Archaon was wounded and the fight was driven from him by what he saw.

Furthermore, Grimgor couldn't best Krom. A warrior Archaon easily manhandled and was going to deliver a deathblow to if he didn't kneel after acknowledging Archaon.

Thinking that Grimgor is an equal of Archaon is just being stupid.

Your post shows an unhealthy bias against Archaon for some raisen.
>>
>>46349939
>Don't bullshit
>Valten was Sigmar reincarnated
Choose one, edgelord.
>>
>>46350123
Nah.

Many believed him to be that. Including Huss the prophet of Sigmar.

You think people getting a comet birthmark and absurd strength is a common occurrence in the Empire?
>>
File: Valten.jpg (532 KB, 960x1408) Image search: [Google]
Valten.jpg
532 KB, 960x1408
Look at him.

LOOK.

He is the spitting image of Sigmar.
>>
>>46349789
>20 halberdiers

That can't even kill one on the tabletop.
>>
File: Time of Legends.jpg (143 KB, 650x822) Image search: [Google]
Time of Legends.jpg
143 KB, 650x822
>>46350207
Practically a clone.
>>
>>46350207
yup

and his stupid model was some bearded old fart, which always was a letdown to me
>>
>>46350207
Why do his loins get a holy halo?
>>
File: Time of Legends two.jpg (44 KB, 332x499) Image search: [Google]
Time of Legends two.jpg
44 KB, 332x499
>>46350231
To be fair, Sigmar grew a beard in the latter stages of his life too.
>>
>>46349795
Plague Monks are Core in 9th, so you can invest into them heavily and Rat Ogres have pick-and-match unit-wide upgrades, so you can really convert units to your liking (e.g. spiked rat ogres for Devastating Charge, armoured ratogres, etc.)
>>
>>46349795
9th seems to heavily favor flanking, so you aren't as crippled by not having a giant horde unit as you were before.
That gives you more leeway for more small groups of models.

So...yes? I can't say for certain, I'm still playtesting and digesting this and focusing on core rules still, but for sure "better than in 8th".
>>
>>46350254
but not wizard beard, and Sigmar had decency to disappear as still not old man

you don't have "messiah reincarnated" as an older man. messiahs are supposed to burn bright and die young

Valten clashing with Archaon as young hero full of fire and faith would've been so much more awesome
>>
>>46350251
And why is that dying man reaching out for them?

So many questions.
>>
>>46349939
>Don't bullshit.

I'm not, it seems as if you've never actually read the final battle between archaon and grimgor or weren't present at all during the storm of chaos.

The "grimgor head but from behind" meme was just that, he didn't actually win by blind siding archaon. He won by disarming him then deciding against killing him because lol plot armor.

>Your post shows an unhealthy bias against Archaon for some raisen.

It shows an accurate grasp of the situation, archaon wasn't always the equal of sigmar he is now in the end times and age of sigmar.

>Furthermore, Grimgor couldn't best Krom.
Also untrue, their fight never finished because grimgors orcs couldn't go toe to toe with kroms body guard. As a result he had to break with the rest of them or risk being surrounded.

>tfw you'll never read about khornes champions getting mulched by vampires they should never have picked a fight with in the first place again
>>
Didn't this Valten Archaon stuff happen way back in 6e?

No one likes Archaon because he's a forced meme. He's a boring loser who GW tried to push by giving him a 1,000 point fieldable model.
>>
>>46350503
>I'm not, it seems as if you've never actually read the final battle between archaon and grimgor or weren't present at all during the storm of chaos.

I have read it. He bulldozed Archaon and beat him after Archaon sent Huss flying across the battlefield.

Pretending that it was a fair fight and that Grimgor actually managed to defeat Archaon on his own is just plain bullshitting.

>Also untrue, their fight never finished because grimgors orcs couldn't go toe to toe with kroms body guard. As a result he had to break with the rest of them or risk being surrounded.

Their fight lasted the entire battle. Nobody Orc or Chaos warrior dared go near them as they fought. The fight only ended when Crom lowered his weapons which snapped Grimgor from his battlejoy long enough to realize that his army is beat.

Archaon defeated Crom is a few minutes.

Now who hasn't read the fluff, eh?
>>
>>46350584
>way back in 6e

Which is when lots of people think the fluff should have stopped yes.
>>
File: image.jpg (116 KB, 736x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116 KB, 736x679
>>46350584
We have losers in the Pantheon.
The humans are bringing sobriety. They're bringing the chaste.
Some...I assume are fun people.

We're going to build a Wall of Terror, nobody builds them like Luxcious, let me tell you. They say it'll take ten billion skulls, that means four billion if you do it right. Maybe twelve.

Make Chaos interesting again.
>>
>>46350629
in a few*
>>
File: Dwarf Icon.png (60 KB, 329x249) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf Icon.png
60 KB, 329x249
>>46344700
I like that OP copied that directly from last thread because he didn't read last OP properly and I like that we got another answer. It seems to be a curse that the theoretical thread topic is always ignored, but that the first question asked in a reply gets a ton of answers.
>>
>>46350584
Because all the Chaos players had to do was touch the castle gates to win
>>
File: Gav.jpg (18 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
Gav.jpg
18 KB, 300x298
Guys.

I want you to put you in the shoes of a GW studio developer. You have been tasked by the management to write a better version of the End Times. However, at the end of it the world must be destroyed to pave way for a new setting. This is a forgone conclusion.

Also you must squat at least two factions and replace them with two new ones.

Go.
>>
>>46350794
I refuse
>>
>>46350794
>GW studio developer
ah, so I'm in GW office? I pick the right moment when nobody sees and stab CEO in the back with a knife.
>>
>>46350794
I squat Games Workshop and give the IP to Rick to do whatever he wants.
>>
>>46350923
Management has kidnapped your family and have locked you in room with a typewriter and a ball & chain.

If you ever want to be free and see your family again, you better start writing
>>
>>46350990
Is this the plot to a room escape point and click adventure game?

I'd play it.
>>
>>46350794
Draw the world into the Warp which scrambles it.

All is canon, all timelines exist. Khorne himself can fight Khorne himself, your favorite characters are both dead and alive, Tzeentch can be outplanned when Lizardmen in Lustria drop another Lustria on his army, creatong a super-Lustria.

Comedy and over the top Ultimate Showdown Of Ultimate Destiny antics reign supreme. You can disregard anything you want.

Archaon from End Times is beaten not by Grimgor or Valten, but by the fans of the Blood Bowl universe version of himself pissed off that his Blood Bowl self lost at the playoffs.

In other words, make nothing being canon canon. We have a Mallus where End Times never happened alongside Age of Sigmar alongside whatever the fuck you want. Fantasy 40k, 40k Fantasy, Age of Slam, everything.

The only certainty is you will have a good time.
>>
>>46350629
>Pretending that it was a fair fight and that Grimgor actually managed to defeat Archaon on his own is just plain bullshitting.
Pretending that it wasn't a fair fight is ridiculous, valten was a nobody, huss was an old ass man and grimgor had just marched in a straight line for days on end to get to archaon after fist fucking the meanest mutants the hell pit could throw at him.

Neither one of them were at their peak and archaon went down to pure greenskin ferocity.

>Now who hasn't read the fluff, eh?
Still you, or you didn't understand it. The crom archaon took down was not the same level of crom that grimgor faced, during the storm of chaos crom had bowed upon seeing the slayer of kings and had never lost in single combat.

>>46350584
>Didn't this Valten Archaon stuff happen way back in 6e?
Yes, during the retconned storm of chaos.
Archaon wasn't the mary sue he is now.

>>46350659
There's very little fluff that has come out since then of the same quality, even now when ever I introduce someone to warhammer fantasy I have them read the 6th ed army books first because they're just that much better.
>>
File: Dow_LeopoldLeopards3.jpg (33 KB, 391x400) Image search: [Google]
Dow_LeopoldLeopards3.jpg
33 KB, 391x400
>>46350794
Easy. I rewrite the End Times so that the Lizardmen win, using the prophecies of the Old Ones to find a reset button. Thus, the setting is reborn, and we get to play during the Age of Sigmar - when Sigmar was alive and everyone was barbarians.

Ogres are squatted (but kept as mercenaries in other factions) and replaced with Tileans (which at this point would be somewhat like Romans), and Skaven are squatted (because of timeline reasons) and replaced with...I dunno, fucking ancient Cathay.
>>
>>46351098
>Skaven are squatted (because of timeline reasons) and replaced with...I dunno, fucking ancient Cathay.
sooooo... billions of despicable ugly creatures with advanced (for their age) tech, are replaced with billions of even more despicable ugly creatures with advanced (for their age) tech?
>>
>>46351098
>Skaven are squatted (because of timeline reasons)
Which timeline reasons? Skaven existed before Sigmar, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>46351035
Refuse anyway
>>
>>46350794
>mfw I've put way too much thought into this already
Keep most of it as is, except start the theoretical 9th age just after chaos has lost its grip on the old world with the other factions emerging to reclaim the ruins. Start from the elven point of view then work my way forwards through the younger races to the empire.

>end times
>DE, HE, WE merged into one book
>tomb kings and VC merged into one book
>empire, brets, dwarves merged into one book
>Demons, WOC and beastmen into one book
>greenskins, skaven as is
>ogres as a DOW army
>lizardmen and chaos dorfs to forgeworld
>>
>>46351089
>Pretending that it wasn't a fair fight is ridiculous, valten was a nobody, huss was an old ass man and grimgor had just marched in a straight line for days on end to get to archaon after fist fucking the meanest mutants the hell pit could throw at him.

You saying that they were nobodies doesn't make it true. Both of them were powerful warriors who gave Archaon a run for his money and wounded him in both body and mind.

Grimgor did not face Archain at his full power. He faced an Archaon that was softened up for him. How is it a fair fight?

And about the marching bit. Archaon was marching also. Faster than Grimgor's horde in fact. Grimgor wanted to reach the city and sack it before Archaon did.

>The crom archaon took down was not the same level of crom that grimgor faced

Bullshit that you pulled out of nowhere.

>during the storm of chaos crom had bowed upon seeing the slayer of kings and had never lost in single combat.

Archaon fought Crom with only his shield and he disarmed Crom and held him. As Archaon pulled the Slayer of Kings to finish Crom, Crom saw it and relented.
>>
>>46351205
>all that merging

It's like you hate unique flavour. You end up with what, 9 armies including forgeworld? No way you'd be able to have as deep a bench as the lines individually, it would be totally broken (dwarf gunline+Bretonnian Knights+Empire wizards). Everything would be trimmed down to nothing.
>>
>>46351243
Tomb Kings and VC in one "undead" army worked in the past. You can just tailor to theme.

Likewise with Chaos. Each part is boring on their own, but awesome in a combined Chaos force.

Merging Elves together and humans and dwarfs is a bad idea, though, yes.
>>
>>46351229
>You saying that they were nobodies doesn't make it true. Both of them were powerful warriors who gave Archaon a run for his money and wounded him in both body and mind
Huss was a frail old man who went down to a shield bash, valten did not stand a chance and achieved nothing.

>Grimgor did not face Archaon at his full power. He faced an Archaon that was softened up for him. How is it a fair fight?
Grimgor was not at full strength either and had just fought his way through archaons horde to get there.
Archaon marched fresh, grimgor went straight from the hell pit to archaon.

>Bullshit that you pulled out of nowhere.

That's literally the only way it could have happened, crom followed archaon for decades before facing grimgor.

>Archaon fought Crom with only his shield and he disarmed Crom and held him. As Archaon pulled the Slayer of Kings to finish Crom, Crom saw it and relented.
That's fan fiction from the warhammerfantasy wiki, not the storm of chaos book or any novels written around the time. Crom had never been defeated and bowed because his gods had sent him a vision of a champion.
>>
File: Dwarves and Undead.jpg (187 KB, 1177x835) Image search: [Google]
Dwarves and Undead.jpg
187 KB, 1177x835
>>46351303
But since then Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts have become totally different forces on the tabletop. VC has the Gothic horror vibe, with lots of creepy crawlies and gory things that move surprisingly fast. TK are much slower, much more reliant on magic to sustain themselves, and have ranged attacks, and have the Egyptian motif. You'd have a hell of a time blending the two even aesthetically.

I agree about Chaos. Some of my favourite army books were the 6e Beasts and Hordes, with the rules for bringing in generals and special units from the other book. Daemons should have never gotten their own book
>>
>>46351123
Har har - but seriously, I'm sure a lot could be done with a !not China theme, especially if you were going to include some of the stuff that the Skaven would later have anyway.

>>46351127
Well shit, I thought they were pretty recent. Still, who else would I squat? The Bretonnians?
>>
>>46350231
>and his stupid model was some bearded old fart
there were three versions of him to represent him during each phase of his life.
the man'o'war album cover was one of them.
>>
>>46351243
>It's like you hate unique flavour.
Not at all, the combined armies carry over all the racial flavor while bringing much more to the table. With back of the book lists ala 6th ed to run pure strain if you really want.
The primary goal is to cut down on redundant unit options, like having 3 different "elf with spear, elf with ranged weapon of some kind by combining armies with similar playstyles and movement speeds.

>it would be totally broken (dwarf gunline+Bretonnian Knights+Empire wizards)
It would play like an empire army does now, unless you invested heavily into knights or dwarven units.
Also I forgot to mention I'd make dorfs movement 4, which would practically double the viable dorf playstyles.

>>46351303
The idea behind VC and Tk would be 3 conceptual lords and heroes, a necro for pure mage, a wight king for pure combat and vamps for a mix.
>>
>>46351458
The tomg kings were always heavy on the egypt, the solution is just to tone it way down.
You can combine that all into one army book anon, merely by adding an extra page of core, special and rare options with completely new fluff for about half the book.
>>
>>46351553
...that's like removing the High from High Elves and making one giant Dark Elf faction. Or making Vampires into Daemons.

That makes no sense at all. You'd be axing the only reason anybody liked them.
>>
New Elves when? I want to start collecting something new.
>>
>>46351506
How long in-universe occurs between those three miniatures?

I always got the impression that it was supposed to be in the order of months. Which just seems weird.

Valten got Ghal Maraz after the Conclave of Light, right? Which means he evolves from stage 2 Valtenmon to stage 3 Valtenking on the march from Altdorf to Middenheim. Which isn't even that far.
>>
>>46351593
That's not doing anything of the sort, are you intentionally trying to misunderstand because you don't want merged army lists or do you really not see how this would work?

It would be turning high elves, dark elves and wood elves, treemonic legion into a fifth faction with its own flavor that wouldn't prevent variations of the others being used.
Vc would be "undead", as they are now but with non vampire characters who aren't shithouse.
>>
>>46351670
I'm talking about your suggestion of removing the Egypt from Tomb Kings.

Nobody played Tomb Kings because of skeletons or the emphasis on Augment spells, you cannot remove or tone down Egypt from TK without taking away 100% of their appeal.

It IS their army identity. They have no other. Anything else is squatting them.
>>
>>46351670
>but with non vampire characters who aren't shithouse
Do you know anything about VC? Not only are Necromancers integral but Kemmler was one of the most important characters in the enture setting until GW raped him in End Times.
>>
>>46351501
>I'm sure a lot could be done with a !not China theme
yup - and all of it was overused and made vomitously cliched by bajillions of theme park games, boyh vydia and tabletop

give me three things that would be unquestionably chinese, awesome, yet not overused to the point you barf when you see them?
>>
>>46351808
Lu Bu
Rocket Troops
Manchu Queues

Yes, that's some massive period jumping, but this is fantasy.

The only thing actually Chinese that's overused is Shaolin Monks. Most overused Asian stuff is Japanese.
>>
>>46351775
There's literally nothing stopping you from painting your "undead" army up like Egyptians, just as there's nothing making a VC army painted up like Egyptians from being more ancient egypt than tomb kings.
It's a completely cosmetic change that allows the mixing of the two army lists.

>>46351798
Necromancers are integral, they're not independently functioning,
Getting into this is a huge tangent but if you look up Girlpainting on yourtube, a fat german chick who played undead legions since 4th and doesn't anymore because there's no way to play an interesting necromancer list.
>>
>>46351858
You're missing Sun Wukon and Brass Men
>>
>>46351501
>I'm sure a lot could be done with a !not China theme

I'd much rather see the Kingdoms of Ind
>>
>>46351900
Forgot about Monkey King. I'm used to overexposure of him being from Japanese sources. But yes, that's a Chinese tale. No Monkey King.
>>
>>46351858
>The only thing actually Chinese that's overused is Shaolin Monks
are you kidding?
>pandas
>stone lions
>serpent dragons with lion manes
>FUCKING MONKEY KING IN EVERY SETTING THAT HAS AT LEAST A SHADE OF ASIA
>kung fu
>flying warriors
>

seriously...

>>46351902
I'm sure british people wouldn't be happy. we see more than enough Kingdoms of Ind in the streets already.
>>
I'd rather see assyrian/sumeran/babylonian style army that is not pint-sized. mesopotamia is horribly underused and underrated style.
>>
>>46351962
There is one....
>>
Hullo, /tg/ White Dwarf anon here!

a name that I sorta like "Pale Gnome" was suggested to us.

what do you think about it?
>>
>>46350231
>disrespecting and not liking valten's glorious beard

Opinion discarded for shit taste
>>
>>46351985
i said
>that is not pint-sized
i.e. not Chaos Dwarfs
>>
>>46351891
Bullshit, you're literally saying "one army will have to be sacrificed in all but crunch for my retarded plan to work", and a Necromancer Battalion of Bone list is not only viable but extremely good.
No Tomb Kings player would ever advocate making them not Egyptian, and few Vampire Counts players would ever want to make them. Kemmler+Krell was the single best named character combo Vampire Counts had, exceeded ONLY by blender lord generics overall.

You have NO idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>46351990
Doesn't have anything to do with science fiction so meh.

Also, Pale Halfling would be better anyway as there are no Gnomes in Warhammer.
>>
As someone who wrote up my own Cathay army list years ago: Cathay's boring as fuck.

Ok, that's a lie. Chinese mythology and aesthetics are really cool and you could make a great army out of them. But you can tell what it would be a mile off - guys with arquebuses, some rocket artillery, some chinese-themed monster units. There's nothing that screams 'warhammer' specifically rather than 'pseudo-historical fantasy'.

If I were to make a Cathay army, I'd want to do something original. Maybe play up the tzeentch worshipping angle they have.
Give them some core non-human units or something. Anything but a reskinned Empire.
>>
>>46352012
>you're literally saying "one army will have to be sacrificed in all but crunch for my retarded plan to work"
Fucking /tg/ can be so dense sometimes, khemri can still be !notegypt, you just tone down the historical inserts.

>Necromancer Battalion of Bone list is not only viable but extremely good.
Yeah that's one specific build that's formulaic to play.

>You have NO idea what you're talking about.
No anon you're just afraid of change.
>>46351990
Doesn't really make much sense if your interzine is going to be anything more than !not white dorf
>>
>>46352116
Cho No Ku. Core Spearmen with Killing Blow. Sappers.
>There's nothing that screams 'warhammer' specifically rather than 'pseudo-historical fantasy'.

That's literally what Warhammer is. That's why their world landmasses are shaped like ours. The creator of the setting said it was.
>tzeentch worshipping

NO MORE CHAOS FACTIONS.
Neutral or go home.
>>
>>46352164
>Doesn't really make much sense if your interzine is going to be anything more than !not white dorf

but it isn't gonna. it's specifically IS not!WD, as WD used to be when it was good
>>
File: korean armor.jpg (94 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
korean armor.jpg
94 KB, 300x450
>>46352116
Take those vaguely Tzeentchian Chaos tribes that are mongolish and mix them in, give them a stronger cavalry angle. Focus more on sword and shield instead of pikes or spears. Throw in some not!Koreans and not!Japanese for even more flavor.
>>
>>46351661
Storm of chaos lasted a few years in universe. I don't know the specific timeline, but it's definitely longer than a few months.
There was some internal squabble in the Empire over wether or not he is Sigmar reincarnated etc. politics.
Then the last mini has him with an elven steed, so somewhere along the way he had dealing with them too.

I'd have to reread the Storm of Chaos books again to be sure though. Anyway, it's definitely longer than a few months.
>>
>>46352164
>Fucking /tg/ can be so dense sometimes, khemri can still be !notegypt, you just tone down the historical inserts.
Why should you tone it down? Tomb Kings players are happy as Egypt.

Go tell the Warriors they're German now or something. Or tell Empire players they are not German, and are going to be Spanish instead.
>Yeah that's one specific build that's formulaic to play.
As opposed to the other three competitive Vampire Counts builds?

Stop moving goalposts, Necromancers are not only important in lore and crunch but are actually included in almost all lists.
>No anon you're just afraid of change.

If you want change, go to the Age thread. This one is specifically designated the "we don't like change" thread.
>>
>>46351990
meh, Red Giant was better
>>
File: threestorms.jpg (121 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
threestorms.jpg
121 KB, 600x387
>>46352116
Now that I think about it I'd totally play a Cathay army if it was themed like Big Trouble in Little China your core guys could have cleavers or spears and light armor special choices would be like the 3 storms or monsters, your lord could be some Lo Pan looking mother fucker
>>
>>46352116
All the Empire is is early modern Germany with the grimdarkness played way up.
>>
>>46352116
>>46352205
>>46352221
what about a non-human army? make them golems, for instance. whole army tricked by Tzeentch (or, on the contrary, willingly decided to, to oppose chaos corruption) into turning into living statues.

commoners are clay, soldiers are... iron! fuck terracota, fuck cliches, wizards are jade, an order of darker wizards is onyx, nobles are silver. dragon emperor is pure gold wreathed in robes of gold and is literally blinding to look upon

rockets... make rockets with a twist. ditch gunpowder, make them carry small fire spirits inside.

as a twist, ditch cavalry and lions. those didn't turn to stone and are too fragile to carry stone/iron warriors. so horse and lion motifs are omnipresent, and so are cavalry weapons, but purely as a tribute to something they lost

take idea of war-litter/shieldbearers and make whole units of them - minor nobles fighting from atop platform held aloft by warriors
>>
File: Cathay_Warrior[1].png (342 KB, 496x505) Image search: [Google]
Cathay_Warrior[1].png
342 KB, 496x505
>>46352205
It's just predictable is all.
That said, I would love to see John Blanche's take on it.

>>46352221
I'd be up for Koreans. Their arms and armour have a very distinctive look that I haven't seen much of in other fantasy worlds.
>>
File: stop saying not not.jpg (29 KB, 736x175) Image search: [Google]
stop saying not not.jpg
29 KB, 736x175
>>
>>46352278
>Or tell Empire players they are not German, and are going to be Spanish instead.
so, AoW humans?
>>
>>46352390
Remove Chaos, and it might be interesting.
>>
>>46352278
>Tomb Kings players are happy as Egypt.
And they could continue to be so, there's just no reason for an entire army book to revolve around a cosmetic theme.

>Stop moving goalposts
No goal posts have been moved, I clearly established that necromancer only lists were boring and you gave me one possible net list that ignores just above half the army book as a rebuttal.

>If you want change, go to the Age thread. This one is specifically designated the "we don't like change" thread.
If that were true the original anon would not have posted a "what do" scenario.

>>46352211
White dwarf was never good anon, it wasn't a sales catalog but it has always been bad.

I mean the name works as a variation of white dorf but it doesn't seem to have a lot to do with GW. Making it /tg/ related at the very least would be way more engaging.
Even if you have to half ass it by calling it something like fa/tg/ut.
>>
>>46352390
There was a company doing terracotta soldiers too i think.

>>46352278
>>46352408
AoW or Mom. The spanish are also represented in Warhammer though, so no reason to change the Empire. They're Estalia.
>>
>>46352393
Looks like high stylized Ming era armor, which seems to be in line with what most people have thought of, since that's about the historical time frame.

Korean designs are derivative of North Chinese.
>>
>>46352479
>And they could continue to be so, there's just no reason for an entire army book to revolve around a cosmetic theme.
Lore and cosmetic.

If it ain't broken don't fix it.

Otherwise, may as well just merge Warriors with Brets and Empire and make them all generic humans because its the equivalent of your desire to remove the army-specific flavor in order to shove completely different rulesets into one faction for arbitrary reasons.

Chaos players want to be one faction again. Undead players do not, Vamps are happy and Tomb Kings just want new models and the ability to March.

>No goal posts have been moved, I clearly established that necromancer only lists were boring and you gave me one possible net list that ignores just above half the army book as a rebuttal.

"Boring" is subjective. You claimed there were no viable lists and Vampire Counts has no important non-Vampires. I pointed out that only only is it one of the best, but Necromancers are major in lore and are present in almost all lists. A complete refutation of your baseless claim.
>>
>>46352573
Don't forget Wight Kings. They're pretty important.
>>
File: Hwarang.jpg (39 KB, 630x387) Image search: [Google]
Hwarang.jpg
39 KB, 630x387
>>46352390
Make Tzneetch a political player, not an official target of worship and I think you're golden. The Bronze men angle seems a decent twist on the old Terracotta Army shtick.

>>46352393
>Korea
What are some other things that separate Korean Mythology?
>>
>>46352510
That same studio made them. Their stuff is nice looking ancient Chinese, but their prices are really high. Metal prices for plastics just doesn't cut it. If I'm paying 2 bucks a mini, I need to feel it.
>>
>>46344522
Beastmen. Seems seems pretty legit to me
>>
>>46352818
>>46352424
Tzeentch ain't a target of worship, he's an enemy that either tricked them into becoming statues (k'tan style), or proved such a powerful opponent they were forced to sacrifice their fleshy lives to avoid corruption

>>46352818
greatest mortal thief didn't steal fire from the gods to bring it to mortals, he stole starcraft
>>
>>46352818
Dunno about myth, but Korean history should be the basis.

Strong as fuck, best medieval navy bar none, so infighty they could never accomplish anything.
>>
>>46352822
They gotta make back the money for their tools somehow. I think it's totally fair for a smaller company with less financial overhead to ask for a little more.
That aside these minis look really nice. And you won't find something as specific like chinese zombies elsewhere.
In fact most chinese miniatures for historicals look like shit. I looked into it before. It's though pickings for chinese models.
>>
>>46346084

Putting some Knights of the Realm together. I want to put a helmet on my musician but it kind of tingles my autism to have someone with a full face helmet be a musician.
>>
>>46353053
You cut give him a drum or something like that. One of the questing knights has a lute even.
Or just look for a helmet with a visor.
>>
>>46353042
>In fact most Chinese miniatures for historicals look like shit.

Tell me about it. The problem is actually twofold. Not only are they mostly not even historically accurate, but the sculpts are generally awful, too.

At such a time that someone releases a decent range of either Ming or Manchu in 28mm, I'll be all over it.

Khurasan does actually have some good Chinese ranges in 15mm, though.
>>
>>46352573
>A complete refutation of your baseless claim.
You haven't refuted anything, you've just cemented that necromancers are a token unit choice by suggesting one specific build while I was talking about an entire necromantic cabal from a fluff and crunch perspective and made yourself look like a fool while doing it.
I even pointed you towards someone elses ten years worth of complaints on the issue to clarify.

>"Boring" is subjective
It really isn't in this case.

>If it ain't broken don't fix it.
Broken however certainly is subjective.

>Otherwise, may as well just merge Warriors with Brets and Empire and make them all generic humans because its the equivalent of your desire to remove the army-specific flavor in order to shove completely different rulesets into one faction for arbitrary reasons.
Why do spergs always resort to this shit?
Why the fuck would you merge chaos warriors and the empire?
From a fluff, rules and models perspective what would you have to gain from that and how would it be similar to merging two different forms of undead to give more options to both and create an interesting third archetype?
Like did you even bother to consider base sizes, model ranges, special rules of existing units from either side or did you just immediately engage the stupid?

>You claimed there were no viable lists and Vampire Counts has no important non-Vampires.
You and I both know I did no such thing, you filth.
>>
>>46353163
>At such a time that someone releases a decent range of either Ming or Manchu in 28mm, I'll be all over it.
The perrys did Japanese. They should do chinese too.

>>46353042
But come to think of it you can get something undead Japanese.
>>
>>46353325
Kensei is awesome.
I love their models. But the fact the model base size is a bit bigger lets them have better poses.
>>
>>46353238
>broken

Name a single thing that is 'broken' about having TK and VC separate.

Whereas allowing them to be combined diminishes the distinct theme of both.
>>
File: CIMG5899[1].jpg (99 KB, 980x500) Image search: [Google]
CIMG5899[1].jpg
99 KB, 980x500
>>46353325
>The perrys did Japanese. They should do chinese too.
They have some metal Koreans.
>>
>>46353668
Name a single thing that would change either book if you taped the two together.
>>
File: CG-Chang-the-Chinese-Giant-3.jpg (123 KB, 494x677) Image search: [Google]
CG-Chang-the-Chinese-Giant-3.jpg
123 KB, 494x677
Meh, If I was asked to write a background for Cathay I'd turn it into a refuge for some of the civilized monsters.

>Dragon Emperor
Literal Dragon, the biggest, baddest, raddest dragon. Basically the Emprah but figured out it's a lot easier to impress/enthrall humans than other Dragons. Is a master sorceror, statesman, etc but as the oldest, biggest dragon he's also a dozy fucking cunt. Between his bouts of kicking ass and drowning in concubines rule of Cathay is left to the Prime Minister (a la Korea). In the Age of Karl Franz he's been asleep for centuries, and at this point the bureaucracy that's sprung up in his wake isn't terribly terribly keen on waking him up.

>The Great Bastion
With the rise of Ogres some of the weaker Giants fled to Cathay seeking sanctuary. Renowned for their building prowess they were welcomed, as Cathay was under raid by Chaos Mauraders. Prime Minister Stand-in-for-Yu The Builder begged for the help of the Giants, who participated in a XX-year rolling conflict to both build the Great Bastion as well as beat back the Marauders. By the time they reached the Mountains of Mourn some Ogres were starting to probe the Borders of Cathay. The Dragon Emperor wakes up, fucks the Ogres with some karmic punishment in the form of the Great Maw, and deems the Bastion to be awesome by casting some premium wards on it.

>Giants

Dragon Emperor tells the remaining Giants that they're always welcome at the Palace, and sets up a subsidy for their service. Unfortunately there's too few Giants for them to really flourish, so over time they inbreed to somewhere just above the Giants in the Old World. They're well fed, in shape, some are even literate! Doesn't keep them from being the Military's pets/ Heavy Sappers. Some carry cannons, all of them have pre-fab Minor Bastions they can drop as cover for the ground troops.

Eh, running out of time. Basically imagine Empire with less firearms but some awesome monstrous infantry.
>>
>>46351943
more clichees to avoid?
>>
>>46353238
>necromancers are a token unit choice by suggesting one specific build
No, one REALLY GOOD build and literally every single other competitive build as well.
>I was talking about an entire necromantic cabal from a fluff and crunch perspective

That already exists. You may as well say you're going to finally give Tomb Kings a priesthood.

>I even pointed you towards someone elses ten years worth of complaints on the issue to clarify.
Who clearly has no clue what she's on about.
>From a fluff, rules and models perspective what would you have to gain from that and how would it be similar to merging two different forms of undead to give more options to both and create an interesting third archetype?
Age of Sigmar Undead. Which nobody in this thread wants.

>Why the fuck would you merge chaos warriors and the empire?
Makes as much sense as forcing all Undead into one faction.
>>
>>46353762
I'd say giving Vampire Counts ranged attacks remove one of the weaknesses of the army, making an OP as fuck army into the single most OP army in the game. Not to mention access to Lore of Nehekhara, and the target mitigating powers of Sphinxes.

That's not even getting into giving Hatred to anything you want.
>>
Anyone have extensive experience with Reaper paint?

Whats the difference between Clear Blue, Blue Shade, and Shining Blue? Anyone have any examples?
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 640x592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 640x592
Asur a cute.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2442x3664) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2442x3664
Looks like the High Elf Battalion, Silver Helms, Ludwig, and Wardancer Command are the only things not sold out.

What did you guys get, and y u hate Ludwig?
>>
>>46354382
I don't think that any shooting unit in the tomb kings army is suddenly going to make VC any more over powered than they already are.
>>
>>46354649
how's the parkinson's treating ya?
>>
>>46354198
I have to admit, that'd be interesting - instead of the disorder and anarchy usually associated with monsters, it'd be under a Chinese-like system of control and order - likely with some corruption, but far more orderly than most monsterous governments.
>>
>Asuryan
Phoenix Guard
>Isha
Sisters of Avelorn
>Lileath/Ladrielle
Shadow Warriors, Grail Knights
>Khaine
Witch Elves
>Kurnous
Ellyrion Reavers, everything Wood Elf with a penis
>Mathlann
Lothern Seaguard
>Hoeth
Swordmasters, High Elf Mages
>Vaul
Dragon Princes
>Ereth Khial
Bloodwrack Medusa
>Anath Raema
Everything Wood Elf with a vagina
>Atharti
Literally Morathi

So who represents Nethu, Morai-Heg, Hekarti, Estrueth, Addaioth, Eldrazor, Ellinill, Hukon, and Drakira?
>>
>>46354964
Forgot
>Loec
Wardancers
>>
>>46354964
>Eldrazor
Eternal Guard

>Isha
Ariel, Sisters of the Thorn

>Ereth Khial
evil Dryads and Treemen

>Hekarti
Dark Elf sorceresses

>Drakira
Alith Anar, Shadow Warriors

have no fucking idea who others are.
I aknowledge only Kurnous, Isha, Loec and Eldrazor anyway. oh and Morai-Heg, she's cool.
>>
>>46355190
Alith Anar was specifically named as Lileath's. So was Teclis. Along with them are the Brets as the only beings she's blessed. Maybe Eldyra, but that's arguable.

Mathlann is awesome.
>>
>>46354964
>>46355190
Ereth Khial are Elves who fear Slaanesh.
Basically Dark Eldar. But they're hated by everyone including Dark Elf society, so they keep it on thw down low. Actually worshiping Slaanesh is less shameful than Ereth Khial.
>>
>>46355355
End Times claim Alith Anar is Drakira incarnate
>>
File: 1459264785539.gif (2 MB, 345x237) Image search: [Google]
1459264785539.gif
2 MB, 345x237
>>46354649
>What did you guys get, and y u hate Ludwig?

Actually got Ludwig, and a bunch of other Empire goodies (knights, free company, cannon, Luthor Huss). I wasn't able to get my hands on Kurt Helborg or Leitdorf. I mad. Free company still hasn't sold out yet. I might pick up another box of them.
>>
>>46355392
Seriously? Man, ET Khaine was shit.

I still count the 7e book where it says he's her mortal champion visiting her wrath on Malekith's heretic kind.
>>
>Free Company sold out at Calivers
>no other company will have in stock / deliver fast / not cost and arm and a leg for P&P
I sad
I very sad
>>
>>46354649
>y u hate Ludwig?
Already got one back when he came out.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 640x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 640x810
How does this work? Its the exact same kit.
>>
>>46355486
different boxes though

Hurricanum & Luminarc are same box
>>
>buy some skaven to start a fantasy army, 40 clanrats and a warlord
>get vermintide
>it's fun as fuck, witch Hunter is the best
>want an empire army now
Help
What do
>>
>>46355486
it's not.
There's a separate sprue for each of the variants in there.
the altar has the statue and volkmar in it. you don't get that sprue with the other variants.
>>
>>46355537
Empire didn't get squatted down as everyone else, and it sold well in the past so the secondary market is still decent.

What type of army do you want? As Witch Hunter as possible, or a militia with a single grizzled Witch Hunter overseeing?

You may want to play Mordheim instead of outright Fantasy. Smaller force.
>>
>>46355537
buy empire army now before it's gone forever
>>
>>46355537
do as I plan to do about all the armies I want and can't affod
>take 500 points. 750 at most.
>make list of models you want
>make 500pts army out of those models
>don't bother with power and balance at all, they'll make you buy more models
>make minimum sized units, so you'll be able to stick more variety from same box (i.e. two different 10man units out of 20man box)
>the number of points you settled on is hard limit. no going over it. no variant lists. just single list with hard limit. period.
this way you can afford all the models you want and still have playable armies
>>
>>46354944
Thanks, but I'm having trouble considering how to expand it without going "Rome But In China" or the stereotypical Foo Lion-dogs, or edging in on Lizardman territory with Dragon men/Warriors

>Corruption
Yeah was reading up on Admiral Yi and having Tzneetchian corruption in the Prime Minister's court would be a big factor. Thought it'd be funny enough that after however many rock concerts and parades and best-selling novels the Dragon Emperor falls asleep dealing with a couple hundred years of backlogged legislation.
>>
>>46355596
The hqs for empire seem so damn cool, more of the first option with elite infantry > large blobs
>>
>>46355596
>Empire didn't get squatted down as everyone else,
most of their range is in the last chance ditch atm too.
>>
>>46355629
Racism.

Sure, the Chaos and non-Chaos Cathayans are fighting for control. But the second literally anyone else shows up, Cathay unites to purge the outsiders.
>>
>>46355654
Honestly, not really. It's mostly the named characters and like 1 unit for some reason.
Empire soldiers, greatswords, cavalry, ranged and cannons is still there
>>
>>46355629
Oh, and on "Monstrous Nation" concept, Cathay and Nippon are in a millennia long pissing contest with Nippon trying to invade but usually getting beat up at sea, and Cathay sending out the occasional Kaiju to fuck with Nippon.

>>46355683
Isn't that every multicultural empire throughout history?
>>
>>46355650
Step one is artillery and tanks. Decide what you want.

Step two is your Wizard.

Step three is filling up the rest of the army with what looks cool.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer/Tactics/8th_Edition/Empire

Note we don't have a tactica for 9th Age yet.
>>
>>46355684
might depend on where you are then. knights and free company are gone last i checked.
>>
File: Box figs 1.jpg (68 KB, 550x504) Image search: [Google]
Box figs 1.jpg
68 KB, 550x504
>>46355537
Your best bet is to pick up some heroes you like either from 3rd party or ebay then hit up some historicals
>>
>>46355714
>Isn't that every multicultural empire throughout history?
Yep. But its new territory in Warhammer, barring Nehekhara uniting against Nagash twice. The Empire technically is always united, far more so than Nehekhara and Chaos/non Chaos anyway.
>>
File: 1458151288.jpg (226 KB, 1280x994) Image search: [Google]
1458151288.jpg
226 KB, 1280x994
>>46355537
Buy some soldiers
>>
>>46355745

they don't even look like empire soldiers
>>
Got 2 boxes of Empire Militia. Should I get a third one so that I'm future proof? Prolly should get Greatswords instead though.

>>46351990
Red/Blue Giant to keep the astrologic double meaning, Black Dwarf otherwise. Much better any of them.
>>
File: 1457001290057.png (38 KB, 553x594) Image search: [Google]
1457001290057.png
38 KB, 553x594
I want to start either a wood elf or vampire count army now that my orc army is mostly complete
Which army is more fun to play/paint?
What does a good, say 2500pts for them look like
>>
>>46355537
buy the battalion if you want to get some knights while you still can

or get a single unit to keep yourself busy with
>>
>>46355654
only named characters, free company and knights
>>
File: boss company.jpg (334 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
boss company.jpg
334 KB, 1200x799
>>
>>46356222
and the generic characters.
what's left are the newer plastic kits.
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 900x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 900x439
>>46355785
Could work, it'd help keep things distinct and help draw attention to the Han/Manchu divisions in modern China.

>>46355714
Riffing off of that, yeah Nippon should have Sengoku Jidai honnorabu samurai watashi weeaboo and all that. The Skaven got their ninjas from somewhere, after all. But if we go with the idea that Cathay has giant monsters, Nippon should get giant robots. Kickass giant robots powered by fighting spirit and dragonbone springs. Nippon uses all the wooden armor because almost all the iron goes into making giant katanas for the giant robots. Fuck yeah. Have them be mostly wooden though, just because. Well actually, if half the nations of Man are going to have horses descended from elven stock, then let the Nipponese have elven stardew trees to make giant robots out of.

http://youtu.be/i5zYK9FxORI
>>
>>46356280
only the master engineer on mechanical steed as far as i'm aware

also fuck me the normal cannon/mortar is going as well
makes me rethink buying another empire battalion
>>
File: 817537b.jpg (29 KB, 550x253) Image search: [Google]
817537b.jpg
29 KB, 550x253
>>46355940
They are great foot knights aka greatswords.

Greatswords supposedly wear fullplate.

For state troops you probably want the merc box
>>
>>46356382
>far as i'm aware
the regular champion with muskets, the dude with sword and shield etc are all gone too. everything that's not a plastic kit is basically gone.
And nearly the entire highelf range. Some Dwarf stuff too.
There are currently 8 pages worth of miniatures in the last chance category.
>>
>>46356258
>you will never ghetto-hold your wheellock pistol while fighting greenskins
>you'll never fight with that one guy in the background who's clearly wacked up on some funky shit from Araby

Feels bad man
>>
>>46356596
The second death begins
>>
>>46357128
>>you'll never fight with that one guy in the background who's clearly wacked up on some funky shit from Araby

>implying Gerhardt didn't accidentally swallow some blood from that crazy goblin who dervished himself to death in front of the company, and now he just feels super great and really excited to be at the battle, you guys
>>
File: 1-DSC07744.jpg (204 KB, 900x626) Image search: [Google]
1-DSC07744.jpg
204 KB, 900x626
>>46357173
Such is life.

>>46356562
Better picture of what you can make from that box set and the Wars of the Roses Infantry one. The sheer number of soldiers you get in those boxes are perfect for the Empire.

>trying to do the captcha
>pictures change when I click on them
>>
File: Knighthood.jpg (75 KB, 747x225) Image search: [Google]
Knighthood.jpg
75 KB, 747x225
>>46357173
>you will never scream your way into promotions and glory
>>
File: 1444352832193.jpg (61 KB, 997x1041) Image search: [Google]
1444352832193.jpg
61 KB, 997x1041
>>46357415
>When you bust a nut so hard the whole Empire feels it
>>
Hey I just bought a night goblin army to play fantasy with, me and my friends all starting a small army. I just need the most recent ork codex and rulebook right? Not a codex specifically for goblins?
>>
File: image.png (282 KB, 689x1077) Image search: [Google]
image.png
282 KB, 689x1077
>>46355714
Continuing with the theme, have jiangshi as part of the bureaucracy in the form of vampires the Dragon Emperor has given his blood to. They're basically the Supreme Court and in charge of making sure new laws are in line with laws set down by the Emprah, like a Chinese game of Dorf Fortress.
>>
>>46357926
The Orcs and Goblins book. It might depend on what edition you're playing, but check in the pastebin for any relevant PDFs.
>>
>>46357926
Correct. Just the orcs and goblins army book and the main rule book.
>>
File: sssPICT0316.jpg (72 KB, 640x376) Image search: [Google]
sssPICT0316.jpg
72 KB, 640x376
>>46357926
Orcs and goblins have one book. You can also freely add orc and other goblin types to your force if you so choose. Night gobbos are just a small subsector of the greenskin army
>>
File: Abhorash.jpg (190 KB, 560x2299) Image search: [Google]
Abhorash.jpg
190 KB, 560x2299
>>46357948
Keep as regular vampires who claim taxes of rice and blood. Warhammer has actual group of arguably the greatest warriors in the world trying to get dragon blood to emulate their founder, and over thousands of years how many have succeeded? Have any?

Handing that to a bunch of random guys is complete bullshit.
>>
>>46344522
Clownfag had the right idea, if you can use the optional rules to burn down the forests.
>>
>>46358025
I have always loved Night Goblins.

Better buy some more before the inevitable squat and/or repack.
>>
>>46358130
>Coming soon! Darkgrotkin Fungitroop!
>twelve regular Night Goblins on round bases
>you can see where the paint has been damaged during their transfer

please no
>>
>>46358130
I love the little guys.

They are a nice play on typical goblins.
>>
Does anybody else do models that resemble GW river trolls?
>>
>>46358230
I-is it photoshop? Please tell me they just photoshop them onto the circle bases anon.

Why does it even matter bases don't matter in age of circles. They may as wel be squares.
>>
File: floridans.jpg (63 KB, 640x342) Image search: [Google]
floridans.jpg
63 KB, 640x342
>>46358249
They're a little bit chaosy, but russian alternative does these 3 for 20 bucks.
>>
>>46358063
Meh, was planning on (a) there only being like nine of the fuckers and (b) justification to have them locked up for eternity doing paperwork. Thinking about driving home an idea that monsters feel like tools and nothing more, while humans think they're permanent welfare cases. Blood And Rice is probably a better idea but I don't want these guys to be prolific either.

Incidentally what's a unique spin on Guardian Lions? You think I should go with the standard metal statues come to life or go with oversized Chow-Chows/Tibetan Mastiffs?
>>
>>46358266
I'd say that most of the miniatures you see have been transferred.

As for why they matter, I have no idea. I guess GW has a fetish for round bases.
>>
>>46358245
They are also one of the few things sold by GW that did not have its price set by a crazy person.

>>46358230
I would prefer the dignified death.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1024x768
>>46358325
Damn, forgot pic. This is a Tibetan Mastiff in full attack mode.
>>
>>46358385
I would buy a tibetan mastiff warhound unit
>>
>>46358325
>Thinking about driving home an idea that monsters feel like tools and nothing more, while humans think they're permanent welfare cases

In that case you can't make them dragon-drinkers, because they'll have overcome all the limits vampire have and be Ubermensch. I do like the idea of them being locked up in the palace basement doing endless reams of paperwork on the vampiric equivalent of starvation rations (blood drained, bottled in jars with salt and soy that partially pickle it for transport across the empire) until each one inevitably snaps and tries to break out to really drink.

>Wang Fu got out through a secret tunnel he dug under his desk and got into a peasant's house. The survivors are being tutored in mathematics and tax law, they'll be joining the Bureaucracy in 20 years or so.
>>
File: DSC_0083[1].jpg (168 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0083[1].jpg
168 KB, 1024x576
Trying to work on my chaos dwarf army for 9th ed without putting my money in Forge World's pockets.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 247x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 247x320
>>46358522
Yeah Dragondrinking was a bad idea to make it why you'd want immortal bureaucrats. It's probably better as the fate of all vampires in Cathay.

>"Baron Von Jiangshi, you are hereby sentences to three consecutive life sentences on the charge of murders in the first degree. After which you will be offered death, or an additional eternity in civil service."
>>
File: $_57 (1).jpg (225 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
$_57 (1).jpg
225 KB, 1600x1066
>>46358794
good on you anon

How is titan forges quality? It's amazing to me they have so many good sculpts but managed to fuck up the dwarf infantry so bad.

I'm thinking of picking up stuff from their Vampire Warbosses line
>>
Is the HE Battalion a good deal?
>>
>>46359038
Plenty of their concepts are fucking WIN, but yeah, most infantry got borked,
They vehicles/monsters are awsome though, and quality is pretty decent.

Those russian alternatives work wonders once glued together, which can be a bitch with that radiation infested beast of metal which they call lead.
>>
>>46359327

Nope. Only the Helms are good sculpts, the archers/spearelves writhe from the monkey hand syndrome. If you don't mind those sculpts tho, it is a very good deal point/model-wise, $3 per model especially that you get a chariot and 8 cavs isn't something you'll usually find at GW
>>
>>46359476

Well, the chariot is a really nice sculpt as well, but that's only one model
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 400x498) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 400x498
>>46358960
One last one, I think I'm going to work through an actual list before continuing to post. This is the xiezhi, otherwise referred to the "fire-breathing goat of justice". Described as being somewhere between a unicorn and a velociraptor, this thing has an innate sense of right and wrong, and was used as a professional character witness in mythology, usually by headbutting guilty parties. How's that for a witch-hunter?
>>
>>46359355
Glue, tissue papers. Holds like cement.
>>
>>46359476
Thanks!
>>
>>46352116
I like the idea of Cathay using tons of non human auxiliaries. In a way they'd be sort of the opposite of the empire. Instead of the best aspects of mankind coming together to triumph over the perils of the world, Humans are pretty much the weakest ones in cathay and rely on either enhanced, god touched humans or Monsters to remain as powerful as they are now. At their core they'd be red cliff, but with a bunch of animated statues, war machines, magic objects and other races. Both times that cathay was featured in the fluff, there are human archers, crossbowmen and elite swordsmen, but the Majority of the fighting seems to be done by terra-cotta warriors, a breed of one horned ogres, golden dragons, and an assortment of animated statues. Cathay kind of reminds me of empire meets high elves meets tomb kings when they were still alive. I don't think theres anything wrong with playing up the cliches, isn't that what warhammer thrives on? Warhammer is a collection of cliches and stereotypes and we still love it. Trying to turn Cathay into something totally new and unique when the background kinda hints at them being blatantly notchipan kinda does them a disservice.

As for Nippon, I think they should be the bretonnia to the Cathays Empire. All Sammurai, basically armies of bretonian knights but with ranged weapon options, or shitty peasant archers and spearmen. Not too many beasts, not too many non-humans. The Ninjas should almost play as their own factions fighting against the samurai, as it was in real life.
>>
File: 1264760251572.jpg (23 KB, 395x396) Image search: [Google]
1264760251572.jpg
23 KB, 395x396
>>46359811
Heros and lords include a statue maker engineer sort, lots of celestial and metal wizards mounted on horse of statue carried litter, and commanders mounted on horse or dragon.

Core is all human except perhaps cathayn ogres, includes archers, swords, spears, and crossbows, mastiffs

Special is elite humans and ogres, animated statue mega tarpits, light lancers and archer cav, maybe some chariots

Rare is cathayn giants, rocket infantry, giant animated statue of some sort, artillery.

Has strong infantry but lacks shock cav and requires a mage or engineer to keep their statues under control/alive in a similar way to vamp counts. Without statues they pretty much have no real anvil. Also for lore I prefer the dragon emperor just being a mega celestial wizard king a few steps below nagash and a few steps above gelt. Probably just a bit over teclis. Considering he literally created the great maw, he's definitely stronk.

r8
>>
>>46358794
Check armies of unsupported age of course. IMO Russian Alternative looks the best where avaliable
>>
File: MM_Mom_Miniatures_Chaoszwerge_1.jpg (139 KB, 960x760) Image search: [Google]
MM_Mom_Miniatures_Chaoszwerge_1.jpg
139 KB, 960x760
>>46360128
Their new chaos slayers are interesting.

Also they are incredibly affordable. Mom also has some sweet ones.
>>
File: GDJOovf.jpg (804 KB, 3030x2154) Image search: [Google]
GDJOovf.jpg
804 KB, 3030x2154
>>46360157
Shame there isn't a good bull centaur unit. Mantic makes some...ok ones. They're mantic.
>>
File: 2247.1.368.368.FFFFFF.0[1].jpg (29 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
2247.1.368.368.FFFFFF.0[1].jpg
29 KB, 368x368
>>46360157
Oh, those are pretty rockin, they out for sale yet or just proof of concept?

>>46360187
>Mantic makes some...ok ones.
No, just no.

Their golems were decent to run as K'daii, but in 9th ed they got updated with the "fly" rule, which suddenly turned them very... Un-thematic.
>>
>>46361036
They're for sale.

Mom is based, He's working on boar cav right now I think.

That block of 20 infantry is 20 euros
>>
File: image.jpg (376 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
376 KB, 1200x750
>>46360092
>>46359811
>r8
8/10

I like the list well enough, but need to see where Cathay's been described in the fluff. The terra cotta implacable army is a decent cliche but it's worth exploring the crazy stuff in actual Chinese history. Considering the tradition of insanely clever Chinese generals, I'd probably include a modern master of mindgames named general character with a random roll for abilities like putting any unit in ambush, waiting for the enemy to fully deploy their units before deploying, debuffing enemy leadership tests, etc.
>>
>>46362654
I'd like to see a generic hero choice that was more of a support unit than a combat champion. He might be able to order units near him to move further/deployment shenanigans of some sort, that sort of thing but be barely a step up from a unit champion in combat ability.
>>
>>46362900
I think that should be the over all theme of cathayn lords and heros. Supportive in some one but not directly murderous. Except maybe a dragon lord. Everything else would be clever commanders, statue craters, wizards that sort of thing
>>
File: Bretonnia Characters.jpg (125 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Bretonnia Characters.jpg
125 KB, 900x675
>>46362948
The problem with that is that the game emphasizes having killy heroes, with challenges, forced into front ranks, and plenty of magic items built specifically to deal with characters. It would be tricky to make a bunch of support heroes who work; maybe having a Minister and Vizier for a Hero and Lord choice (based off the Paymaster from Dogs of War?), alongside a more martial hero and the obligatory wizards.
>>
File: change is great.jpg (35 KB, 696x423) Image search: [Google]
change is great.jpg
35 KB, 696x423
>>46352164
>No anon you're just afraid of change.
This will NEVER EVER be a good argument.
>>
File: Hey You, Good Job.gif (2 MB, 318x239) Image search: [Google]
Hey You, Good Job.gif
2 MB, 318x239
>>46363634
9001 hours/10
>>
File: frigoff.png (782 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
frigoff.png
782 KB, 2000x1333
>>46352164
>khemri can still be not egypt
>just less not egypt for no gain whatsoever

>Yea but that's one specific build that's absolutely not an indication of the over all power level of necromancers ie: being used in almost literally every list

>not an argument
>>
File: Lost bloodlines.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Lost bloodlines.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46358960
On the subject of Cathayan Vampires, there is this.
Not exactly official, but written by one of the authors of Night's Dark Masters.

Plus, what even is canon any more.
>>
>>46365545
Everything Pre-Crisis
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x600
>>
>>46367224
I sure hope that shield isn't stuck on
>>
>>46367256
Its part of the sculpt, sadly.

Left is Lothern Sea Guard, right is Spearmen.

LSG are only a few years old, Spearmen date back about twenty years. Both got squatted at the same time.
>>
rumours say Tzeentch board game (and presumably other minis) are coming Soon(tm).

gonna be nice to see some change from Khorne/Nurgle, even if I won't buy anything from GW
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 70

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.