[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/ Poe Dameron is balanced edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: best scene of FA.webm (968 KB, 720x300) Image search: [Google]
best scene of FA.webm
968 KB, 720x300
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread: >>46332299

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
File: sithtemple2.jpg (119 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
sithtemple2.jpg
119 KB, 612x380
First for Rebels S2 Finale tonight.

Wonder if this'll influence any future F&D stuff.
>>
So does anyone else think that lightsaber duels in the current system are kind of lame?

I have a player character who is a runaway inquisitor and will get her hands on a lightsaber at some point so I've been putting some thought into the Inquisitors that will catch up with her eventually, how to stat them so that they're threatening without being overpowering, and I keep coming back to the problem that melee combat is just too damn D&D for this setting.

I have a Lightsaber skill of GY and my opponent has a Lightsaber skill of YYYYY. Because of how melee combat works, we both take turns rolling against a dinky PP difficulty, which is unaffected by our respective sills and can only be increased by special talents (Which PCs don't get).

So I started thinking, why not have lightsaber combat be opposed rolls? Instead of GY vs PP and YYYYY vs PP it's GY vs RRRRR, then YYYYY vs PR. Combat becomes a constant exchange of blows in an extended and dramatic duel rather than "I hit you, you hit me, I miss you, you hit me" and then because Lightsabers ignore soak one person is dead in 2-3 rounds tops.

Of course this still runs into the problem of lightsabers being super lethal, unlike in the games this sort of back and forth melee combat is descended from--so I thought of a second rule. Success/Failure doesn't deal Wounds, but Strain--when you run out of Strain you're unable to continue the fight, and your opponent can disarm you, knock you unconscious, maim you, or kill you as is appropriate. You can still wound people by rolling Triumphs, which then inflict Wounds equal to the number of net Success in the roll on your opponent. Two Triumphs and you get to add the Lightsaber's damage rating as Wounds. Of course if you roll Despair the opposite happens and your opponent deals Wounds to you the same way.

Haven't stress tested this other than rolling dice on my phone yet but I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up in the wild.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1422047932262.jpg (708 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1422047932262.jpg
708 KB, 1200x1200
Just going to quietly repost this question:

just want this cleared up for me once and for all:

so on Pg 400 of F&D the rule with minion groups reads:

"-the minion group has a single would threshold, shared by all members of the group. This wound threshold is is equal to the sum of the wound thresholds of every member of the group... Each time any member of the group suffers wounds, the wounds are applied to the group's wound threshold. Individual members of the group are defeated one at a time, each time the total wounds suffered exceeds that group member's share of the wound threshold..."

When I first read this in the AoR corebook (which as far as I can tell the verbiage is identical in both) I interpreted this as meaning "after subtracting for soak you deal damage and for every multiple of X, where X is the total soak of each individual member, that many members of the group die off" I.E. if you got a squad of 4 storm troopers takes 15 damage, 2 will drop dead from the attack. (15, -5 for soak, leaves 10 damage left).

However, when I started running the game, a player, who claimed to have more experiance with the system said "no, that's not how it works".

According to him the group takes damage until it matches the soak of one individual in the group and then that member drops dead and no more damage is applied to the group, so according to this it doesn't matter how much damage you do to a minion group because the most you will ever drop in a single attack is 1.

So, SWG, which interpretation is correct?

I actually really need to know this because I'm going to start up a new campaign soon and want to run it correctly.
>>
>>46354855
Didn't we just talk about this last thread? The general consensus was that you can kill as many minions as you do damage to kill, there isn't some kind of cap.
>>
>>46354717
Shit, that's right. I've been too busy to keep up with the episodes.
Time to bingewatch.
>>
>>46354728
>Thoughts?
With F&D out, Lightsabers got nerfed pretty hard (well unless you can find a Krayt Dragon Pearl, but good luck with that) So while they are still a nasty piece of hardware, they are not nearly as OP as they were in EtoE or AoR, in addition F&D has rules for crafting a custom-built Inquisitor including special abilities that allow him/her to take some stain to get MASSIVE boosts to their soak against either ranged or melee attacks. combine with some clever strategy (like using force-push to disarm the PC and then lunge at them) and relying on the inquisitor being just as hard-to-kill as the PC's (plus Inquisitor has backup) and you can create a VERY difficult challenge that would require the players to be prepared, and to think on their feet or get TPK'd hard (which is exactly what you want from an inquisitor encounter)
>>
>>46354948
Just wanted to be sure.
>>
>>46354855

Guns don't have to fire one round each turn. Swords don't have to slash just once.

It's a narrative system, mate. Don't get bogged down in mechanics.
>>
>>46355031
A big issue I have with it though is that the sort of "7 damage!" "6 damage!" "8 damage!" D&D meat-hackery just doesn't fit Star Wars for me. Even the longest lightsaber fights don't see people getting injured unless it's a dramatic moment, like Luke scoring Vader's shoulder or Kylo Ren poking Finn with his crossguard. It's more of a knightly thing where the two combatants wear each other down until one of them is too slow to block and gets their hand cut off/impaled, with the occasional graze and angry flesh wound thrown in for dramatic effect.

Outside of Luke getting his ass handed to him in Empire a duel never really ends with the winner covered in burn scars.
>>
Okay, tell me if I am missing something here, in Keeping the Peace sourcebook they do mention that fighting giant-ass monsters like Zillo Beasts and Kryat Dragons is an especially heroic deed Iconic of classic mythology and folklore and right-up the alley for any guardian archetype. But I don't see any actual stats available for something like a giant-ass monster, or a system to help GM abstract-out an epic battle of that nature!

Am I to believe that they put forth and encourage an adventure hook without providing any resources to actually carry it out, or am I missing something important?
>>
>>46355261
>Outside of Luke getting his ass handed to him in Empire a duel never really ends with the winner covered in burn scars.

The duel in Empire Strikes Back is basically the definitive one, but...

>Anakin vs Obi-wan. Duel ends with one party covered in burn scars
>Luke & Vader vs the Emperor. Everyone gets burned as fuck. Vader dies of internal injuries.

There are basically two kinds of fights we see involving lightsabers:

1. Both parties want the other dead ASAP. Generally one or the other gets their wish pretty quickly. We don't see too many of these.
2. One or more party has an objective more complicated than simple killing. They are trying to convert the other to their ideology, or buy time for their friends to escape, or whatever

Lightsaber duels in RPG play ought to be exclusively of the latter category. If the player is just trying to kill the big-bad, that should have direct and immediate consequences - they are going straight to the dark side. The big-bad should never be just trying to kill the players - he'll accomplish that easily. Similarly, the players should always have some more important objectives to worry about than just winning a swordfight.
>>
>>46355584
>>46355261

Also, in Empire, eventually Vader stops trying to hit Luke with his saber and just starts hurling shit at him.
>>
>>46354728
Once both sides have some kind of active defense (dodge parry etc) the duels become more interesting.
The best way to make duels interesting is to simply fight creatively. Have you tried disarming the other guy, knocking him down, or using the force in unexpected ways?
>>
>>46355584
>Lightsaber duels in RPG play ought to be exclusively of the latter category. If the player is just trying to kill the big-bad, that should have direct and immediate consequences - they are going straight to the dark side. The big-bad should never be just trying to kill the players - he'll accomplish that easily. Similarly, the players should always have some more important objectives to worry about than just winning a swordfight.

You do make a good point and I'll definitely be keeping this in mind going into the future, but I'm still skeptical of RAW's ability to render fights like the ones we see on the big screen.

Does anyone have any good stories of this?
>>
>>46356013
>If the player is just trying to kill the big-bad, that should have direct and immediate consequences - they are going straight to the dark side.
The player will "Just Kill" hundreds of mooks.

A simple "Dispatch the badguy before he causes more harm" is not remotely darkside.
>>
>>46356098
>A simple "Dispatch the badguy before he causes more harm" is not remotely darkside.

Mooks are mooks.

Dispatching the badguy before he causes more harm is absolutely darkside.

Luke wouldn't even kill Palpatine in the middle of the fucking Endor.
>>
>>46356154
Luke couldn't kill Palpatine because he would've done it out of hate, which is of the dark side. That was the entire point.

I'm not going to punish my players for killing the Black Knight before he can burn down an orphanage, that's bullshit. Jedi aren't fucking Batman, they can kill in self-defense and defense of others.
>>
>>46356154
He wouldn't kill Palpatine for a few reasons.

He wasn't sure he could do so without anger, he wasn't sure he could do so at ALL, and he was there to rescue his father from the Darkside, not on an assassination mission.
>>
>>46356262

Which is pretty much my point.

Player characters should always have a more interesting objective than assassination.
>>
>>46356302

But if an Inquisitor chases you down and is trying to stab your shit, if he keels over during your fight, that's cool.
>>
>>46356302
See I definitely agree here but not because "killing is bad", it's because it's just plain more interesting.

Really the only time I would want the PC to be going full-out trying to kill their opponent is when I'm fairly certain that they're outmatched and that the bad guy is toying with them.
>>
Had my weekly game against my dorm buddy yesterday, was looking to get even with him (i was 5-6 against him going into the game). His list was Soontir with PtL and a Hull upgrade, Turr Phenir with PtL and Hull upgrade, and Whisper with Advanced Cloaking Device. I went up against him with Jan Ors + TLT and Moldy Crow, Airen Cracken, and Miranda with Homing Missiles, Seismic Charges, and extra munitions.

We set up and start moving. He moves up with 3 straights from Whisper and Phenirr, while I slow roll him with 1 striaghts and focusing my team. He then proceeds to go a 5 straight with Soontir, and boost and barrell roll into range 3 of me.

Fel takes his shot at jan ors, strips a shield. Jan fires back with the TLT, he uses his focus to end up dodging both attacks. Second, I attack with Cracken, missing but allowing Miranda to Target Lock onto Fel. I then proceed to target Fel with the missiles, losing a shield from Miranda and stressing Jan to roll 6 dice with Focus and Target Lock against Fel's three unodified dice. I rolled 6 hits and blew him out of the water.

The rest of the game was cleaning up Whisper and Phenir with bombs and TLT but I have never had a better moment in X Wing than obliterating that Soonir Fel motherfucker on turn 1.
>>
File: I double dare you.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
I double dare you.png
1 MB, 1920x816
>>46356154
>Dispatching the badguy before he causes more harm is absolutely darkside
Say what again?
>>
>>46356600

Half the point of that scene was that Mace was in the wrong.
>>
>>46356600
Can you be wrong and yet the anon you are replying to also be wrong? Killing bad guys isn't always dark side. Killing bad guys who are already beaten and who are not actively committing a crime is dark side. They needed a trial to show all the bad shit he was doing not do an illegal coup based on religious differences
>>
File: 1459129686288.jpg (181 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1459129686288.jpg
181 KB, 900x675
I'm trying to adapt the FFG narrative dice concept to a d6 system. I figure the dice pool will contain one color of dice for "bad" and another for "good", and if the "good" roll is higher than the "bad" roll then it's a success.

Then I tried to think of ways to add side-effects and thought, "Maybe if there are more odd numbers it's a negative side-effect and more evens is a positive side-effect." But I'm pretty sure that just means it will be 50/50 every time. Fuck!
>>
>>46356824

You could use doubles/triples and runs/straights.
>>
File: Yo Buddy.jpg (8 KB, 253x253) Image search: [Google]
Yo Buddy.jpg
8 KB, 253x253
>>46356764
This twisted game needs to be reset.
>>
>>46356707
I guess Obi-Wan should've turned to the dark side after killing Maul.

Oh wait, he didn't because that's fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1457734524625.png (189 KB, 250x408) Image search: [Google]
1457734524625.png
189 KB, 250x408
>>46356764
>Putting a guy that is blatantly a master manipulator on trial
>Expecting there to be any actual provable evidence aside from a couple of dead jedi with lightsaber wounds

It's like you want Sheev to be cleared of all charges
>>
>>46356889

Did you know
there are three kinds of Maces
>>
>>46356707
But Mace didn't go there to assassinate Palps. He went there to arrest him. Palps resisted arrest and Mace had him cornered and could have and WOULD have killed him if Anakin didn't interfere.
>>
>>46356902
>I guess Obi-Wan should've turned to the dark side after killing Maul.

Yes, actually that is exactly what should've happened...

In fact, some people think he DID.
>>
File: 81w87b2CI2L._SL1500_.jpg (181 KB, 1500x1422) Image search: [Google]
81w87b2CI2L._SL1500_.jpg
181 KB, 1500x1422
So I've been getting into X-Wing and Armada recently and want some foam trays to tote stuff around in.
I see a lot of these Feldherr sets made for it on Amazon.
Are these good or at least passable quality? If they're dogshit, which should I get?
>>
>>46356986
>some people think he DID

Some people also think 9/11 was an inside job, that doesn't make them intelligent.
>>
Anyone here like generic phantoms? Being so far down the PS line hurts, but you play the waiting game, staying cloaked and tokened up until you can really strike. Then you have an evade to help a little with any return damage.

Sigma Squadron Pilot
Intelligence agent, stygium particle accelerators, system jammer
Sigma Squadron Pilot
Sigma Squadron Pilot

I guess if you wanted to be sneakier, you could swap Intel agents out for saboteurs, BUT Intel agents really help identifying when the best times to decloak are.
>>
>>46357010
A buddy got me some, I love the shit out of them. I can fit everything but my range ruler inside, which eliminates the need to carry stuff around in core set boxes like I've been doing.
>>
>>46357069

Does knowing of a plot to commit mass-murder and failing to do anything to prevent it make you complicit in the act?

In the eyes of the law, it sure as fuck DOES.
>>
>>46357010
>I want to dump money into a case
Dude plano cases do everything you'd ever want and more, all while saving your money. I got a camo plano tackle box with 4 included modular trays for $30, and it holds all of my ships. Get the biggest ones if you have to transport multiple factions at once.
>>
In FaD, if I am wearing armor that grants me a defense rating against an Npc with a lightsaber, I don't get soak unless it's cortosis, but I do get my defensive bonus against strikes correct?
>>
>>46356915
>Not thinking Palps would be paranoid enough to pull a Nixon and have recordings of everything they have in his office
>Not thinking that a bunch of diplomats with space magic wouldn't have great lawyers in their order

They are the defenders of Justice it's worth a shot. Worst comes to worst all the allegations get in the open and corrupt officials see a chance to get out ahead of it
>>
>>46357312
>Not thinking that a bunch of diplomats with space magic wouldn't have great lawyers in their order

Ahsoka's trial. The Jedi are bad at all sorts of shit they should be good at.
>>
>>46357437
Good arc. But the trial was a painfully stupid flustercluck
>>
File: 4755056441_4298c78a5e.jpg (28 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
4755056441_4298c78a5e.jpg
28 KB, 256x256
>>46354431

You know, I just realized they pulled some bullshit with that scene. As Poe's X-Wing dips behind the arches, it also teleports a ways into the background in order to give him the space to fly toward the camera and blast the Stormtroopers. Notice how he goes into a dive after vaping the fifth TIE, and starts banking to his right as his passes the first column of the arch, then suddenly he passes the other column, and he's way in the back and also flying straight at the camera.
>>
>>46357312
>Implying any of the good lawyers are still alive
>Implying Palps doesn't have the entire judicial system in his pocket, along with a fuckload of blackmail material
The OJO were damned either way.
>>
>>46349606
>If i recall correctly Rey's last name is Mixer. I remember /pol/ exploding when that bomb hit

So, uh... is there ANY factual evidence to back this up? It seems like it was just invented to troll /pol/fags.
>>
>>46357542
No. It's just bullshit to rile up idiots on /pol/
>>
>>46357312
In the ROTS Novelization, he records the Jedi coming to arrest him but spins it to make them the guilty party.
>>
>>46356986
Um no that's retarded, maul was still very much trying to kill him and still was an active threat to the security of Naboo.
>>
>>46357489
Nah, his yaw game is on point.
>>
>>46357810
>Watch your yaw!
>I'm watching my yaw!
>>
>>46354728
I've found more success with making lightsaber combat more like an extended test. Both sides get to use lightsaber once, but then it's more about the social combat. Unless they're just wailing on each other with lightsabers with no banter, but I try to avoid letting that situation occur in the first place.
>>
File: BBRT wing.jpg (35 KB, 552x508) Image search: [Google]
BBRT wing.jpg
35 KB, 552x508
Does anyone have better websites than wookiepedia for browsing images/info of starfighters and/or equipment?
>>
>>46355261
Bit late here but, although Style talents and things like Parry help, if your group is just calling out '6 Damage!' '7 Damage!' and wondering why you aren't engaged, that's on you man.

In Lightsaber battles (as well as any situation where it's appropriate), Wounds can freely be described as a measure of plot armour, not actual injury. The only time someone has been definitely harmed is when they take a crit.

Furthermore, yeah, it's up to you guys to enjoy your combat. My group goes WILD for lightsaber combat; at the end of every round, we go to an empty room and act it all out like massive dorks. Escaping Bind isn't just 'I succeed.' It's 'through the pain, I telekinetically grab a grenade from Fit Kisto's bandolier and throw it at the Inquisitor! The explosion is a miss but catches him by surprise, and I come loose of his grip!' When I try to attack and get Parried, the GM literally grabs my wrist, lets go of his Lightsaber (currently in the Guardian's stomach), and twirls around to backhand me onto the floor.

That's got nothing to do with the system, it's just some sort of weird roleplay. And we did all do a drama class together for five years, but still!
>>
>>46357679
>spins
>>
>>46358614
It's a good trick!
>>
>>46358460
I should clarify, my group hasn't actually gotten to lightsaber combat yet--everything has been blasters and the occasional vibrosword-on-blaster action. This was just the result of me looking at the rules for lightsaber combat and thinking "this is going to be over in three rounds, tops" while trying to stat an Inquisitor. It's the same issue I have with fighter combat, there's no accounting for the characters' skill--just a static difficulty they have to hit that isn't tied to their piloting ability.

I suppose I should have at least one fight using RAW just to make sure.
>>
>>46358678
There is, you're just not looking deep enough. Being good at Ranged (Heavy) doesn't let you dodge bullets. Whether or not you know how to kill someone with a Lightsaber, if you don't have defensive training (Parry, Reflect, Dodge, Defensive Stance, Preemptive Avoidance, most of the Powers, literal Defensive Training, Don't Shoot!, fucking Toughened, high Vigilance and Athletics), a professional coming at you is going to skewer you. Tell your players this; having the Lightsaber skill is a good first step to success in Lightsaber combat, but if you actually want to do well, you're gonna need to buy other stuff too! Otherwise we're all 75 XP away from being as good as Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mustafar.
>>
I use Corran Horn with the PTL/BB-8 combo in my main list. Would this be a legal move?
>Reveal green maneuver
>BB-8 triggers free barrel roll
>Use PTL to take evade token (and stress token)
>Perform green maneuver
>Remove stress token
>Take second evade token for regular action
>>
>>46358974
No, because regardless of how many actions you can take a turn (including free actions), you may only ever take one of each action.

If something lets you take an evade or focus TOKEN, that's different, but only one of each action per turn. Otherwise you'd get people doing DOUBLE BARREL ROLLS and other hax.
>>
>The major advantage an X-wing had over a TIE starfighter was shields. The two fighters matched each other in speed and the TIE actually had the edge in maneuverability. Shields allowed the X-wings to survive more hits during a fight, and in dogfighting, the goal was surviving to the end and beyond.

I've come to realize that /swg/ is full of shit when it comes to discussing Starfighters.
>>
>>46359205
What about it? Legends Xs and TIEs are different from canon Xs and TIEs. Legends TIE/LNs have superior max atmo speed and acceleration, and only the most delusional of TIEfags argue that the X-wing's shields aren't a deciding factor in combat.
>>
>>46359205
The X-Wing has shields, (Which actually reverse the maneuverability balance in Atmosphere, TIEs can't turn for SHIT in the air and Squints are only a tiny bit better.) and Torpedoes

They can also put out a higher volume of laser fire but with less accuracy than TIEs.
>>
>>46359339
But TIEs are worse in atmo than X-Wings.
>>
>>46359426
They have shittier atmospheric maneuverability but in Legends, they're explicitly stated to have higher max atmospheric speed. Source is the Star Wars: Behind the Magic CD.
>>
Hey, the Special Mods guy around anywhere? I didn't think of this earlier, but pictures of the unique Technician motivation and obligation tables would be cool.
>>
>Fire up streaming site of choice
>Usually has Rebels up promptly
>Season finale
>F5ing until my keyboard bruises, no show

Life is suffering.
>>
>>46359400
>Which actually reverse the maneuverability balance in Atmosphere

Just to be clear before I tell you off, are you suggesting the X-Wing's shields somehow make it more aerodynamic?
>>
>>46360116
>Just to be clear before I tell you off, are you suggesting the X-Wing's shields somehow make it more aerodynamic?
Yes, particle shields can form a false aerodynamic shell.

This was established in legends and reconfirmed in Nucanon with the new Visual Dictionary.
>>
>>46360116
>the X-Wing's shields somehow make it more aerodynamic?
and here I was thinking that their sleek, aerodynamic design was what gave them an edge in atmospheric flight.
>>
>>46360199
They're certainly more aerodynamic even without the shields than TIEs are, but the shields help a ton.
>>
File: TIE_Fighter_DICE.png (496 KB, 740x845) Image search: [Google]
TIE_Fighter_DICE.png
496 KB, 740x845
So where is that ion cannon (which curiously doesn't get mentioned in any support material) supposed to be?

Lazy fucks. Was it that hard to think of another ability?
>>
>>46360343
... TIE Fighters have an Ion Cannon in Battlefront 2?
>>
>>46360343
>Was it that hard to think of another ability?
This is post-Bad Company 2 DICE we're talking about here. Thinking in general is a difficult thing for them.
>>
>>46360385
Battlefront 2 was all sorts of crazy with their choices for vehicle weapons.
>>
>>46360420
Er, I meant EAfront.
>>
>>46360458
Yep. Which doesn't even work like an ion cannon. It's just a homing torpedo.
>>
GREETINGS FROM /co/

EVERYONE GET IN HERE: cy.tube/r/houseordo
>>
>>46360054

My heart skipped a little when I saw a link for it on my usual site, then sank when I clicked and it turned out to be a mislabeled copy of last week's episode.
>>
>>46360343
I like how a portion of nucanon sources gives emphasis to the advantages of the large solar panels, which allow them to keep fighting for much longer periods of time in comparison to other fighters.

Of course I never expected DICE to translate that into some interesting ability. After all, it's so much easier for them to just make them re-skins of the Rebel fighters.
>>
>>46360491
Go away, /co/.
>>
File: Tie Hunter.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Tie Hunter.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1200
>>46360343
>>46360485
Yeah, it's lame as shit. If Disney is going to delete all the EU, they should at least act with continuity as their fucking bible to at least establish something new that makes sense.

It's not like a TIE/LN is any sort of match for an X- or A-wing. It's all atmospheric, so we should have gotten Howlrunners instead of TIE/LNs. Or, just new TIEs to fill out the product line back to EU glory.
>>
>>46360343
>>46360399
>>46360560
TIE fighters should've had Sensor Jammer as their secondary special ability, it would've been a nice callback to their intro scene in the Battle of Yavin. I know the jamming most likely came from the Death Star itself, but it would've still been a lot more fitting than torpedoes.
>>
>>46360647
Rebels started that by placing the space superiority fighters in ill-fitting roles as slow moving ground support aircraft.
>>
>>46360647
Yeah, but it was EA telling DICE to shit out a new Battlefront for Q4 to coincide with Christmas and Episode VII.

EA doesn't give a shit about continuity when pushing product out the door. Just look at Mass Effect
>>
>>46360768
B-But muh storytelling group wouldn't have allowed such inconsistencies to happen!

Pablo save us!
>>
Video games have always been garbage tier as far as canon and continuity was concerned, what else is new?
>>
>>46360852
>What is X-Wing?
>>
>>46360852
Someone doesn't remember the 90s. Even Rebel Assault was canon.

EVEN MASTERS OF TERAS KASI was canon.
>>
>>46360913
I was a grub in the 90s. :V
>>
File: every night.gif (999 KB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
every night.gif
999 KB, 500x268
>>46360852
>>
>>46360891

That's a thing. When the fuck are we going to get a new Star Wars space flight-sim game? Shit, just think of all you could do with Poe and his buds.
>>
>>46360977
whenever flight sims make a comeback on the AAA market
>>
>>46360560
>the advantages of the large solar panels, which allow them to keep fighting for much longer periods of time in comparison to other fighters
Huh, nice. And here I thought nucanon went back to the part of the EU that was all about "TIE's are shit fighters made by assholes for assholes".
>>
File: sailor moon danger zone.jpg (169 KB, 634x2387) Image search: [Google]
sailor moon danger zone.jpg
169 KB, 634x2387
>>46361096
Maybe one day, Chris Roberts will actually deliver on Star Citizen and arrive at EA on a palanquin borne by angels, with Mark Hamill and Denis Lawson at his side in full flight gear.

Seriously, though, might as well just play Wing Commanders 3 and 4 and count them as part of Star Wars.
>>
>>46360944
Fair enough.

Back before Episode I, continuity was largely well regulated because it wasn't hugely bloated.

The late 70s, early 80s played fast and loose with continuity since it had to start somewhere.

Then West End Games got the RPG license and had to start treating it like an RPG setting, which meant organizing the setting and giving things stats and rules and cohesion because players would have questions like "What's it like living on Bespin?"

So with a setting getting fleshed out in the late 80s, 1991 rolled around with Heir to the Empire, which used the movies and RPG lore as a foundation, and then things expanded upon each other.

Keep in mind, WEG had the RPG license from 1987-1999, Bantam had the book license from 1991-1999, LucasArts started making in-house Star Wars games in 1991 that continued till they got folded by Disney, Dark Horse got in with Dark Empire in 1991 until the rights went back to Marvel with the Disney acquisition.

Arguably the period between 1991-1999, was the golden age of Star Wars, where it was at its most editorially consistent across multiple media.

And then Episode I came out and various licenses got shifted around and there was a noticeable increase in things getting more and more disjointed and canon started to crash into itself more frequently.
>>
>>46358974
No, but you could focus up after clearing the stress.
>>
>>46361197
It's pretty damn close to being delivered. What's out now really makes me believe that Chroberts knows what he's doing.

Give it a few years, and see if present mid-high-spec computers are able to run it well. If that happens, it could be the next Galaxies.
>>
>>46361502
More than episode I I think what killed Star Wars EU was that all the novels started becoming big crossover events. When your goal is just to crap out as many books as possible because you know they'll sell you end up with a lot of garbage
>>
File: vU5UxP0.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
vU5UxP0.webm
1 MB, 640x640
>>
>>46361540
>Obscure game with die hard fan base that mourns it's death for generations

Sounds about right
>>
File: 123593727399.gif (529 KB, 350x180) Image search: [Google]
123593727399.gif
529 KB, 350x180
>>46361197
holy shit
>>
>>46361568
QT-8

>>46361591
Maybe if SW doesn't bury itself with overly aggressive advertising like the Despicable Me franchise, people would be willing to make SW be the next franchise to have a WoW-popular MMO.
>>
>>46361563
Not a coincidence that it started with Del Rey getting the license and publishing Vector Prime in 1999.

There was a real unfortunate sea change in 1999.
>>
>X-wing fags shitting up the thread as usual

Shut the fuck up about your Mary Sue space superiority fighters.
>>
>>46361563

I concur. You have all these new characters running around that the timeline starts getting convoluted, and worse, you get sub-par authors slapping pretty much anything together just to say "I wrote Star Wars" and collect their paychecks. This then forces the good guys like Zahn and Allston to dedicate verbiage specifically to fixing their fuckups.
>>
File: Grumman-F-14D-Tomcat.jpg (246 KB, 1040x749) Image search: [Google]
Grumman-F-14D-Tomcat.jpg
246 KB, 1040x749
>>46361697
They're definitely Tomcat analogues, which ruled the skies for a damn long time. Y-Wings are Thunderchiefs, A-Wings are F-4 Phantoms mixed with a bit of Sabre Dog, and the K-Wing is BBBBRRRRRTTTTTT.

TIEs are MiGs, because they're cheap mass-produced super common but still advanced enough fighters.
>>
>>46361786
>cheap mass-produced super common
Grrrr.
>>
File: 1450121048653.png (35 KB, 805x556) Image search: [Google]
1450121048653.png
35 KB, 805x556
>>46361197
Why would he go to EA, he has evolved beyond the the mortal need for publishers.

As for delivering, at this point the singleplayer Squadron 42 that was the core thing is absolutely yes, Star Citizen will probably never live up to the massive hype, but should also absolutely be a thing. They've certainly made some decent progress on the whole making their complex physics shit work in a network environment stuff. Probably ought to plug in my flight stick and see if I can get into the test server, try flying around or something.
>>
File: mk 1 z95.jpg (267 KB, 864x485) Image search: [Google]
mk 1 z95.jpg
267 KB, 864x485
>>46361786
>Tomcats
Nah, old Headhunters fit the bill better. And even then, Star Wars craft are better compared to World War II craft. TIE/LNs are Zeroes--top of the line at the time of introduction, incredibly maneuverable, but very fragile. X-wings are probably Wildcats.

>>46361840
>Why would he go to EA
Because EA still has exclusive rights to Star Wars vidya and that anon wanted a Star Wars flight sim.
>>
>>46361786
>TIEs are MiGs, because they're cheap mass-produced super common but still advanced enough fighters.
I always saw the TiE as the Zero. Carrier-launched superority fighter intended for mass swarms; long legs, highly manueverable and fast, but hideously vulnerable and will explode on even a glancing shot. Continuing the WW2 analogue that makes the X-Wing the Hellcat, the Y-Wing the Avenger, and the A-Wing the Corsair.
>>
>>46361885
He can just wait a few more years till the contract expires.
>>
File: asthetic starfighter.jpg (31 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
asthetic starfighter.jpg
31 KB, 500x750
>>46361817
We still have the more advanced TIEs, like x1 and Interceptor. Just like how MiGs have the Fulcrum and Foxbat, respectively.

>>46361885
>>46361930
>Zero comparison and Corsair A-Wing
Yeah, that's definitely a better match. Not to mention that the Tomcat wasn't super well known as the murican good-guy plane until after the first movie.

MK1 Z95s are still the sexiest things in the sky.

>However, the A-Wing being an F-104 sounds pretty apt. Super fast widowmaker that hates the ground crew and doesn't have too much offensive capability, also will fuck up whatever it runs into.
>>
File: f-104 maximum dorito.png (123 KB, 768x362) Image search: [Google]
f-104 maximum dorito.png
123 KB, 768x362
>>46362013
>F-104
Finally, another chance to post this abomination.
>>
>>46361990
By my calculations, we've got at least six years of EA exclusivity left. It was announced as a ten year thing back in 2012.
>>
So new Rebels episode was very good looking and overall very dumb... Nothing happens...
>>
>>46362127
At minimum. IIRC, the contract allowed for extensions.
>>
>>46362143
I mean we got some neato lightsaber fights and a little character development
>>
File: 2011715104015_F-104_VTOL.jpg (216 KB, 808x1000) Image search: [Google]
2011715104015_F-104_VTOL.jpg
216 KB, 808x1000
>>46362089
>"Lockheed, are you fucking retarded?"
>"Cold war lol"

VTOL F-104 is the most cold war prototype. The B-58 is the most cold war production plane.
>>
>>46362243
God, I love Cold War superscience.
>>
File: kreia was right.jpg (258 KB, 818x543) Image search: [Google]
kreia was right.jpg
258 KB, 818x543
>>46362143
>Expecting anything from Rebels
>>
File: 1426747578098.jpg (379 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1426747578098.jpg
379 KB, 1800x1200
>>46362310
Thunderscreech! Sell it to the bad guys, laugh as the ground crew drops dead from sudden heart failure and strokes!
>>
>>46362229
Wow so... Nothing super important happens? WTH So the ugly inquisitor dies (I still want his species identified), Buffy bites it, new inquisitor dies without us getting a look at his face... Kanan is now blind and Ezra might be going emo... (Err I mean "Darkside") but once again Maul and (presumably) Ashoka survive? FAK OFF! I IS NEWFAG!
>>
>>46362388
>Maul is still around
For fuck's sake, when will they let the character die? Give him a rest already.
>>
>>46362310
>>46362243
>>46362089
>>46362013
>All these Lawn Darts
>>
>>46362426
RIGHT????
>>
>>46362426
I was expecting it to be THE Ashoka or Maul dying off episode (based on the title and previews) but no instead the stupid nameless goons with their helicopter blades get axed and Ezra goes a little dark... Oh and also Kanan's blind... But he'll learn to see through the force so... Kinda pointless imo.
>>
>>46362668
>>46362584
>>46362388
What do you expect? It's a Disney XD show, it needs to be written terribly and paced for legally retarded children. Why are you wasting your time with it?
>>
File: 1442398775140.png (39 KB, 232x322) Image search: [Google]
1442398775140.png
39 KB, 232x322
>>46362668
>Kanan's blind
And all this time I thought they were setting him up as nucanon's Kyle Katarn when they were actually setting him up to be Rahm Kota.
>>
>>46362720
I've always believed Star Wars is Star Wars no matter what form or how stupid... But damn that finale was dumb....
>>
File: 1419786380618.png (90 KB, 271x296) Image search: [Google]
1419786380618.png
90 KB, 271x296
>>46362786
Nucanon's Kyle Katarn needs to be straight-up Kyle Katarn. Bring him the fuck back.

>>46362925
Did you force yourself to like bombad racing too?
>>
>>46362961
Well no... But I didn't like everything (I dislike Force Unleashed and most of the later post ROTJ shit for example) I accepted it as Star Wars to some degree... So I think bombad racing is stupid but it's still technically star wars.. Sorta...
>>
>>46362426
they just keep maul around mostly because they're the one iconic character who's fate we don't already know, so they've got a lot of room to operate with them story-wise
>>
It was fine other than the spinning

Good lord the spinning
>>
>>46362668
>>46362388
I stand corrected according to the episode guide the new inquisitor was a Terrelian Jango Jumper
>>
File: otto.jpg (15 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
otto.jpg
15 KB, 300x274
Wait, if Anakin is/was the chosen one, who chose him? There's a prophecy, where did that come from?
>>
File: watto.jpg (63 KB, 500x651) Image search: [Google]
watto.jpg
63 KB, 500x651
>>46363259
>the plot makes no sense
yeah how about that
>>
>>46362720
>>46362668
>>46362584
>>46362426
>>46362388
Spoilers ahead, just a second warning

I think this episode had some definitely interesting moments. One, that one inquisitor getting choke/slashed was straight up cold. Second I think the cross-guard WILL be incorporated into the next Ezra-design, since he was like "whoooahhh..." when he picked up the kylosaber. Third I am severely disappointed ahsoka didn't get the chopping block. Yes I like her character, but they really had a set up for a good noble sacrifice. I think the whole "ezra flirting with the dark side" is interesting, as it will probably lead to SOMEONE dying as a result of his actions or inactions. Maybe by sucking here disney bought themselves a better arc somewhere else. Notice that Maul gave almost the EXACT dialogue of Yoda when Luke met Yoda in Episode 5. watch it on youtube, compare the scenes. the parallels are clear, but in different directions. Luke of course lost to Vader, but the lessons sank in. Ezra lost to vader (nearly lost his hand), but his eyes at the end when he is playing with the Sith holocron indicates that some of mauls lessons sank in as well. .

Overall I would say 7/10 average by itself, but if they actually make the most of what they have done I would retroactively-rate it up to 8/10. They COULD do some interesting stuff with it, but i dont know if Disney is brave enough to truly be bold.
>>
>>46363218
I forgot to mention >>46363286
The spinning was just a new level of bullshit.

I will accept the circular buzzsaw of wrist-death, but I will NOT accept fucking Kiowa-quisitors.
>>
File: skyguy.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
skyguy.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>46363286
I love how they went full potery in this episode

that and well actual real spoilers
>>
>>46363286
I've wanted her to die ever we first met her but grew to kinda tolerate her... I guess I was just pissed that the new Clone Wars that included her overwrote the previous animated Clone Wars series that I loved... Mis-directed anger perhaps? I now find that the old series had things stupider than "Snips" so...
>>
>>46363367
Ya know Darth Vader always had a scar under his helmet in ROTJ, they gotta explain that at some point. This would have been a great time to add a bit of combat damage to him.
>>
File: 1345930613133.jpg (84 KB, 899x587) Image search: [Google]
1345930613133.jpg
84 KB, 899x587
>>46363284
>The jedi prophecy was never conceived by a jedi
>No jedi know where it came from, but perpetuate it as they are jedi and must adhere to what they believe a jedi is
>The concept of the jedi is formed by Bothan spies, and is reinforced in the minds of all jedi by repetition from their similarly brainwashed jedi masters
>The jedi prophecy was created by sith Bothans to doom the jedi order to stagnation, making them an easy target for top sheev

AROUND BOTHANS, READY THE COFFINS
>>
>>46363367
How the heck does he have an eyebrow?

Budget constraints? recognizability?

Also he's SO MAD he regenerated his vocal chords to they point that they could produce his old voice.

(Going by the admittedly Legends rules of Shadows of the Empire)
>>
>>46363457
Hmm yeah wut...
>>
Apathy is death.
>>
>>46363457
>recognizability?
Explicitly stated on the website it was to make things recognizable, since the scene is meant to tie closely to the clone wars representation of the character. What with that VA cutting in to say but one word.

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/episodes/twilight-of-the-apprentice-trivia-gallery
>>
>>46363376
I thought her character name "snips" was stupid too but tbf senpai theres a lot of stupid naming stuff in star wars.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jinn
Supreme Leader Snoke
SHEEV. FUCKING SHEEV. WHY COULDN'T WE HAVE JUST LEFT THAT ALONE!!??!

Just saying there are fates far worse than "snips".
>>
>>46363503
Vladmir Putin is a stupid name too.
>>
>>46363503
Oh yeah but I mean I just never really liked her character...
>>
>>46363503
SAVAGE OPPRESS

ELAN SLEAZEBAGGANO
>>
>>46363581
"Vladmir Putin" didn't make it past a writers room, producer, and editor before being put on a birth certificate.
>>
>>46356902
He killed Darth Maul in the middle of a duel, fighting for his life.

That is very different than a vengeful execution. It would have been nigh on impossible to show Maul mercy; Obiwan only won with a surprise maneuver, and was only barely hanging in there when it was 2v1.

And even then, Obiwan's action were clearly dangerously close to the Darkside. Battle rage is NOT a jedi thing.
>>
>>46361162
No, nucanon TIE fighters are absurdly maneuverable and have powerful guns, they're just made of paper.

Don't get hit, and a good pilot can kill pretty much anything.
>>
>>46363286
I have to say I'm blown away that just because we see Ashoka walking down into the sith temple at the end that people think that means she's actually alive. It works perfectly fine as a metaphor for her dying, and its a perfectly fine place for her to end. What's the other option, that Vader decides to just leave a Sith Temple for whatever reason and leave Ashoka alive? Especially with Filoni saying that Vader was trying to kill Ashoka until we stopped seeing the fight in this article http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/31/star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-on-ahsokas-fate-mauls-return-and-much-more?page=2
>>
>>46363725
This^^

The only thing that's really holding back the fighter is piloting skill.

IRL the design choice is superior to the rebel mentality. Responding faster, hitting harder, decent support and logistic advantage beat durability, but lose to the all important plot armor.
>>
File: bastila.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
bastila.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
>>46363947
>>
>>46363947
Huh I guess I hadn't thought of it that way. I hope you are right. That would be good symbolism and it would allow Disney to axe a character without showing a full-on murder scene where vader chops her head off or whatever.

Note that most "lethal" violence when you can see the character's face happens off screen, ie. the one chick gets chopped by maul "off screen", or the one guy gets stabbed by maul "off screen". We see their face, but not the actual slashy-bit. It woulda been hard to see a full cage match fight between Ahsoka and vader without it delving into an ultra-violent and brutal "and then Vader slammed her against the wall, then choked her, then cut her in two".
>>
>>46364245
But Anon, they are used by the rebels in Episode VII
>>
>>46363259
Clone Wars cartoon, start at the episode "Overlords." Mortis storyline, will help.
>>
Can anybody point me to where in FFG it says that the ranged attack skill for using the Hurl application of the Move power is Discipline? I'm sure this is the case but I can't actually find it written in there somewhere.
>>
>>46364419
Look at the discipline portion of the skills chapter.

That bit of information is very noticeably hard to find.
>>
>>46364245
>IRL the design choice is superior to the rebel mentality. Responding faster, hitting harder, decent support and logistic advantage beat durability, but lose to the all important plot armor.
Tell that to the USN's pilots in World War II.
>>
>>46364479
Wow, sneaky.
>>
>>46364486
You mean the Navy of the nation that had 65% of the earths total industrial power at the time?

You mean the nation that had to scrabble to update their wildcat frame because the Nips were shooting skeet for the first half of the war?

You mean the nation that got fully 1/3rd of all kills from the Iowa class battleship?

no..no.. the USN is totally the rebels in that war.
>>
>>46364486

The japanese lost also because of their methodology in training pilots.

In part because of their "honor culture", accomplished aces were rushed out into combat again and again.

In contrast, american pilots who made Ace were often pulled off the front lines to train NEW pilots.

Imagine it like a school grade: F, D, C, B, A.

At the beginning of the war, the average Jaapanese pilot was a C (we will use them as the benchmark). The average american pilot was a D, in part to inexperience and poor craft, whatever.

All the american aces then start training new rookies. That raises the "average" american pilot from D to C to even B, then eventually due to attrition the Japanese go from C to D, since their pilots are thrown into impossible meat grinders while the americans keep spitting out new planes and ever-better pilots.
>>
>>46364664
Look at the craft comparisons again. The TIE Fighter is pretty fucking explicitly the Mitsubishi Zero while the X-wing is the Wildcat/Hellcat. Compare Star Wars' dogfight footage with World War II dogfight footage, as well as Rebel piloting doctrine with the Americans'. Just like in the US, the Rebels rotated ace pilots out of frontline duty regularly to teach recruits new techniques. And just like the USN's craft, the Rebellion had superior durability.

USN craft early in the war suffered losses because early pilots tried turn-fighting the more maneuverable Japanese planes while flying outdated craft, just like with the Rebels with Headhunters and Y-wings. And just like the USN, Rebel aces eventually got smart, learned to avoid turn-fighting, and adopted more effective techniques and more advanced fighters. The X-Wing novels show New Republic pilots abusing the Thach Weave heavily, while in the flight sims, the safest way to beat TIEs is through boom-and-zoom tactics since tail-chasing is an utterly idiotic thing to do when you're not in an A-wing.
>>
>>46358974
You could focus/target lock, but not evade. You could even boost if you gave corran engine upgrade, too. But you cannot perform the same action twice in a turn.
>>
>>46364868
>the safest way to beat TIEs is through boom-and-zoom tactics since tail-chasing is an utterly idiotic thing to do when you're not in an A-wing.

Except only an A-wing can pull off zoom and boom because these craft don't have altitude ceilings or climb speeds (especially in a vacuum) and the TIE can out run as well as out maneuver rebel craft.

You need to learn how energy fighters work before you just start throwing out terms.
>>
>>46365084
Yeah, I used the wrong terminology there. My mistake. Wasn't exactly sure how to word "Abuse the AI's obsession with turning and your wingmen, run the hell away before they remember to chase you at full throttle, K-turn, shoot, then run away for another attack run" succinctly.
>>
>>46365084
>>46364868

Oh and Thach Weaves are only effective if you have a numerical advantage (or match it if you are really good) because you need a wingman for every enemy drawn into it.

Considering how much larger Imperial TIE formations are to their rebel counterparts, this is almost impossible.
>>
>>46365311
It worked well enough at Midway when Thach's flight took on a squadron of Zeroes.
>>
>>46365390
It was Thach and 3 other wildcats, you need a tail for every fighter drawn and they didn't kill the whole squadron, just two planes and the rest withdrew.
>>
Does any kind anon have a scan of specifically page 74 of Special Modifications?
I'm hoping someone saved it from last nights thread.
>>
>>46365537
Right, and the Rebels don't always need to kill the entire TIE squadron, either. As long as an Interdictor isn't around, Rebel craft can always hit hyperspace. They may also be carrying ordnance like torps or missiles to even the odds before they get into gun range.

Also, IIRC, that fight was 4 kills at the cost of 1 Wildcat. Seems like a pretty good result, even if the Japanese pilots had withdrawn.
>>
>>46364245
>the design choice is superior to the rebel mentality

Not at all.

TIEs are not self sufficient, they need to piggyback off another "home base" ship.

The ships the Rebels use have their own hyperdrives. Thus allowing them to show up, shoot shit, and leave without needing a support ship.
>>
>>46366079
And that's before we go into the missile/torpedoes, superior gun count (compared to the common TIE/LN, anyway), and the all-important astromech. Astromechs are an absolute godsend in Star Wars space combat.
>>
File: dDl8feN.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
dDl8feN.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU
>>
File: Y8calLc.jpg (16 KB, 546x395) Image search: [Google]
Y8calLc.jpg
16 KB, 546x395
>>
File: 1459358846649.jpg (431 KB, 1000x1708) Image search: [Google]
1459358846649.jpg
431 KB, 1000x1708
>>
>>46362143
>>46362388
I think plenty happened. The only 2 gripes:
1: Those helicopter blades are absolutely hilarious and I cannot see this as anything more than a parody.
>>>/wsg/1013834
2: Just FUCKIN KILL AHSOKA. Her story was fine, that was a good death, WHY SHOW HER STILL ALIVE
>>
File: beam rotors.png (565 KB, 635x438) Image search: [Google]
beam rotors.png
565 KB, 635x438
>>46367354
WE ZANSCARE NOW
>>
File: 1398111778427.jpg (18 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1398111778427.jpg
18 KB, 256x256
>>46362310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w8aG3VhArE
>>
File: 1459399275260.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1459399275260.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>copter-sabers

Oh come on!
>>
>>46368568
Those completely ruined the seriousness of the episode.
>>
Honestly it somehow hurts more seeing Ahsoka just vanishing into the depths of Malachor than it would've watching her die at Vader's hands.

Just knowing that this is how her story ends, not in victory or even the dignity of death, but with the last light she had--her memories of her teacher and closest friend--extinguished forever.
>>
>>46368568
Team rocket's blasting off agaaaaaaaaaain!

But yeah, the sudden emergence of this as a thing for that one episode got nothing but laughs out of the 2 groups I watched it with tonight. Give them jetpacks or something for christ sake. Even the smallest child will just be like "no fuckin way" to that BS.
>>
>>46368568

It looks a bit silly yeah, but according to rebels recon the Inquisitor Roto-saber has a repulsor field generator build into it (which is used in the spinning mechanism in addition to the helocopter shit).
>>
>>46368568
>... Damn, I wish I had one of those before I got cut in half.
>>
File: reb_ca_1488_c95d4a11.jpg (623 KB, 1280x1528) Image search: [Google]
reb_ca_1488_c95d4a11.jpg
623 KB, 1280x1528
>>46368821

I did like that Maul's saber was a slightly mangled Inquisitor saber. They've probably been hunting him since the Inquisitors were founded.
>>
>>46368568
That was pretty stupid.
Until it gets that one inquisitor killed, then it's just hilarious.
>>
95% of this thread belongs in either /co/ or /m/.

Those who have the new Spec. Mods., how are you planning to incorporate it into your games?
>>
>>46368697

Sith with jetpacks would be sick as fuck, why do they have those dumb lightsabers anyway
>>
File: 1418004547228.jpg (228 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
1418004547228.jpg
228 KB, 1600x901
>>46369159

>95% of this thread belongs in either /co/ or /m/.

>Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related
>>
>>46369159
We already have. My character got his cyberarms reworked, they now have his lightsaber built into the right arm.

Definitely have the biofeedback regulator and Cyber Tech on my shopping list, though. He's not even a techie sort, it's just Cyber Tech is fucking brilliant for anyone who has robot parts or wants more of them.
>>
>>46357679
SPIN perform a valuable service to the rebellion
>>
>>46362356
For some reason, I imagined ex nazis in hawaiian shirts and little hats making this plane. Maybe that's exactly what happened.
>>
File: weeee.jpg (20 KB, 432x576) Image search: [Google]
weeee.jpg
20 KB, 432x576
>>46367354
>Just FUCKIN KILL AHSOKA
Oh shit no, my house would turn into an intolerable Mopeyville if that happened, wife is a huge fan of her

>>46368926
I cackled when the proverbial wheels fell off, no personal flying device has EVER turned out well for its owner.
Its pretty much the star wars equivalent of owning a motorbike with no brakes.
>>
File: Rigshokewrotor.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Rigshokewrotor.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>46368568
Zanscare Empire called, they want their beam rotors back.
>>
>>46354728
Order 66 podcast actually came up with a first to 20 success system for it instead. Haven't tried it myself, but I could see it working a lot better than FFG's rules
>>
>>46369985
Yep cumulative successes and advantages are probably the more 'sensible' way of doing it, otherwise its rocket tag
>>
>>46369955
>>46367550
Zanscare mind
>>
>>46369985
Oh hey I thought I was the only one who listened to that podcast! :D
>>
>>46369407

Well, FFG are probably gonna announce Rebellion's release later today. So there's that.

Wave 9 where tho.
>>
>>46358860
>Being good at Ranged (Heavy) doesn't let you dodge bullets

No, but being good at Melee should let you parry blows. Melee and ranged combats are two separate beasts.
>>
>>46360485
...so it's not an ion cannon, it's just a fucking missile. Which is fine, they had those in fucking TIE Fighter.

Christ, people will whine about anything.
>>
>>46371169
Parry is a thing you can do. Just get the ability. The more ranks you get, the better you can do at it.
>>
>>46361591
>2 millions subs at peak
>Star Wars brand
>obscure

Sure, bud.

[spoilers]Not saying it wasn't a steaming pile of dogshit even pre-NGE, but that shit sure as fuck wasn't obscure. Closest to that you could say is that it got overtaken by WoW.[/spoilers]
>>
>>46371220
>Just get the ability.

The ability to parry comes with the skill. No one teaches you melee combat without knowing how to fucking parry.

That would be like saying you need a specialization talent to aim. Not True Aim. Just aim.
>>
>>46371442
Most people who learn how to fight in melee do not actually learn how to parry effectively. It's a basic skill, but it is NOT the same skill as actually attacking.
It's at the very top of most skill trees it is in, so even a basic novice can learn it. People who don't have special training do not learn it. People who have special training do.
>>
>>46371442
Actually that's not entirely inaccurate to say.

Any idiot can line up the front post and back post.

Very few novices are aware of breathing technique, trigger-pullin' etiquette, stances, wrist tension as you hold a pistol, chicken winging, etc.

Teacup-ing is a good example.
>>
>>46371554

>Most people who learn how to fight in ranged do not actually learn how to aim. It's a basic skill, but it is NOT the same skill as actually attacking.

This is literally how retarded you sound right now.
>>
>>46371604
Exactly. So you put the IMPROVED parry in the tree, same as with True Aim. But you don't need a fucking specialization just to do the basic skill.
>>
>>46371622
Aiming is not equivalent to any sort of defensive action.
>>
>>46371622
>Spending extra time before attacking to line up your hit is the same as reacting to an incoming attack

This is literally how retarded you sound right now.
>>
>>46371639
Improved Parry is in the tree.
Stop acting like basic Parry is so difficult to get in the system. It's literally at the tippy top of every tree with even a little bit of melee focus.
>>
>>46371692
Even that one specialisation that's just "stick yourself in the center of a mob, RIP AND TEAR".
I don't care what you say, Shii-Cho is one of my favourites.

Also, Defensive Stance is a manoevre in all FFG RPGs. Just saying.
>>
Just watched the season 2 finale. Let's see if i got everything right

>Kanan is (maybe) permanently blind
>Ahsoka is dead
>Ezra is falling to the dark side

And some very shaky would-be-cool-if-canon theory
>the Sith Holocron is Kreia/Darth Traya's holocron
>>
>>46372300
Yep that's right.

Ahsoka went for the ashes-to-ashes, dust to dust metaphor death cuz Disney couldn't show the full murder(I imagine), Ezra is taking some interesting steps, Kanan is full Rahm Kota
>>
>>46372300
The death is somewhat vague and metaphorical.

Filoni is in full "Maybe, maybe not" mode.

Also one theory why they didn't go with a full semi-on-screen death is that it would reduce sales of the midquels that they have planned to cover the space between shows.
>>
>>46372300
>>46372467
If you pause or slow down the video, you can see just a few frames of Ahsoka dropping to the floor, just after an owl flies off its perch.
And if the holocron really is Kreia's, that just makes the whole episode awesomer.
>>
>>46372529
>And if the holocron really is Kreia's
Oh boy, here we go again.
>>
File: Ahsokaleavesagain.png (1 MB, 1056x1180) Image search: [Google]
Ahsokaleavesagain.png
1 MB, 1056x1180
>>46372467
>Disney

No it was done for pottery
>>
>>46368568
>its real

Holy fucking shit. You can't make this shit up. Also I can't believe they kept fucking Maul alive - again. Can that guy just die already? him being around for TCW was bad enough.
>>
>>46354431
So my group wants to do a Force and Destiny campaign where we're padawans (maybe knights) that survived Order 66 and now, 10 or so years later have found a way to rebuild our lightsabers.

Only thing we're having trouble with is how 5 padawans/knights would just lose their lightsabers.

Any ideas?
>>
>>46373187
chucked them into a trash chute along with their comlinks and jedi robes to get through the starport checkpoint and off planet.
>>
>>46373187
Just play a knight-level game, keep your lightsabers instead of that sweet-ass 9000 creds.
>>
>>46373187
>how 5 padawans/knights would just lose their lightsabers
Damaged or rendered inoperable during close run-ins with the Imperial forces, left as bait to throw off Inquisitors, lost to environmental hazards, exchanged for survival necessities, or simply worn out due to a lack of spare parts or maintenance. Crystals in particular would likely be incredibly difficult to replace if damaged.
>>
>>46373342
Well we're just really interesting in the lightsaber building mechanics and the adventure that comes with it. This is our first time messing with F&D and force-users at all since we're EotE fiends.

>>46373242
>>46373346
Awesome. Especially the ones where the players choose to dump em themselves. Dat drama.
>>
>>46373465
>building lightsabers
You better have the F&D GM kit. That makes hand-building a saber so great.
>>
>>46372542
Kreia is cool as a villain because she has a pseudointellectual philosophy that she is a true believer of, rather than just killing people for sport or LOL RANDOM. She really thinks she is doing the right thing, even though actually she is a terrible person. People hate on KOTOR because they think it is suggesting she's right about the force and morality, when the point is that even with the deconstruction she is still wrong, and a true Jedi rejects her Ayn Rand bullshit
>>
>>46368568
>It ain't Sheev starts playing.
>>
>>46373026
I think it's just revenge for his show getting cancelled

>oh you cancel my show before I can finish maul's arc?
>I'll just bring him back in my new show and so he outlives order 66, and bring him back in a season finale so he can survive into a whole new season!

Rule of two haters, this is the hell you chose
>>
>>46373603
You misunderstand. I know Kreia is wrong. I'm just dreading the inevitable tide of Kreiaposters if she ever becomes relevant again.
>>
>>46373669
I figured where you were coming from. I just wanted to get in before possible KOTOR hate. So basically I'm just ranting about nothing
>>
File: Grievous implying.png (219 KB, 600x438) Image search: [Google]
Grievous implying.png
219 KB, 600x438
>>46373187
>Only thing we're having trouble with is how 5 padawans/knights would just lose their lightsabers.
>>
>>46373615
>FortunateSion.mp3
>>
>>46373510
Scans?
>>
>>46373840
It's in the pastebin, Anon.
>>
>>46367354
>WHY SHOW HER STILL ALIVE
was she?
yes we see her descending deeper into the temple (which is a huge metaphor for the underworld) but that doesn't necessarily mean she was alive.

It could be interpreted as her spirit joining the dead.
>>
>>46369985
Got a link or specific episode where they detail this? Do they often come up with useful houserules like this? I'm about to start running Age of Rebellion and have been considering this podcast for background noise when I'm prepping.
>>
I'm wanting to start a scum list because the Jumpmaster looks baller. Is it better to load up or give him some escorts? If so, what escorts would work well?
>>
>>46374353
That is to say, I'm running Age of Rebellion after the Force and Destiny beginner game, with Force and Destiny characters. Also, captcha just made me solve a FUCKTON of puzzles. Is this a new feature, clicking six or more images in a row before I can verify, then doing another set?
>>
>>46374210
She's dead as a doornail. Just after the shot where the owl leaves it's perch in the season finale you can see her slump to the ground.
>>
>>46374470
I never saw a slump.
>>
>>46374470
so the symbolism works.
>>
>>46374544
It's a blink-and-you-miss-it thing. Would make a webm of it if i could but can't get the webm creator tool to cooperate with me
>>
>>46374544
does it really matter if she slumped on-screen or not? From her final exchange we see its clear that only one of them was going to leave that temple alive. Is it really so far-fetched to believe what I proposed here: >>46374210 ?
that she was killed and what you see is her ghost or spirit descending into the temple (i.e. underworld) to take her place among the dead.
>>
>>46374653
I'm all for it being a death-metaphor. I just didn't see the slump.
>>
It's an obvious death metaphor, but it's ambiguous enough that they could wiggle out of it if they had to
>>
>>46366436
>>46361568
This is amazing.

Because I have too much time on my hands to think of all the characters to use in campaigns I'll never play or GM, I've thought up two characters that sprang from the same initial idea. I'd like to know what you think and which concept sounds most interesting, or if having them together sounds more interesting them using only one.

First one was bought as a slave by a Sith Lord, trained extremely harshly to be an attack dog. Facing constant pain, hardship, indoctrination and humiliation, forced to eat all kinds of unmentionable things to avoid starvation, with every failure severely punished. At one point simply dropped from a low flying freighter into the wilds on a remote planet. Feels a mix of fear, hate and veneration towards the master, who despite being so abusive has managed to has instilled himself as sole parental figure. Craves approval or affection from the master but rarely gets any, which is a constant source of anger and frustration which is generally taken out on whatever is percieved as standing in the way of completing any task set by the master. The lack of personal ambition apart from the hunger for approval causes the master to look down on the apprentice, thus never giving him or her the approval he or she so craves. Short, scrawny, extremely aggressive fighter, exceptional survivalist, terrible strategist, terrible people person and diplomat, won't hesitate sacrifice all available assets if it completes the task. An idea I was playing with was having the first character picked up by a Jedi, either a story of redemption and healing with the apprentice learning to be a real person or just plainly get put down before or after the Jedi's pet project turning into a total disaster. One disaster idea was a cuckoo scenario where the apprentice attemps to get rid of the competition. Alternately having the master die, leaving the attack dog completely without purpose.

Other one coming up.
>>
>>46374792
The other concept is somewhat more recent. General lack of interest in politics, power plays, taking over the world and all that other Sith stuff. Mostly interested in studying Jedi and Sith artifacts, Sith alchemy and other force related scholarly pursuits. Tall, slender, cautious, reserved and introverted. Uncharacteristically friendly and compassionate and hesitant to throw lives away pointlessly. Nonetheless she finds herself constantly having to put up a facade of harshness and ambition as well as faking interest in Sith politics and conquest. She finds it all incredibly tiresome and frustrating and eventually a string of humiliating defeats and failures to pursue goals she has little interest in, as well as watching these failures in the way of pursuits she actually cares about becomes a source of pent up anger, which slowly threatens to turn her cruel and loathing. She struggles to get an outlet for her frustration and anger as it is targeted against the people above her that put her in her position, whom she feels completely powerless to do anything against. Her only defence mechanism seems to be turning emotionally cold and distant.

So what does /swg/ think?

I'll be out the door in like 40-60 minutes but now I took the time to write it down and I don't feel like waiting for a new thread.
>>
>>46374828
I like the Sith archeologist type a lot! I once had a similar concept kicking around my brain definitely go forward with her. Have her be sarcastic towards the more traditional Sith meathead types if she outranks them, and throw in some borderline personality type despair or lashing out if the people that she is compassionate or friendly to spurn her
>>
>>46371692
>Improved Parry is in the tree.
Where it should be.

Regular Parry should be something anyone with the skill can do.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.