[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need Pathfinder character Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: 125583.gif (678 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
125583.gif
678 KB, 900x1200
Hey, /tg/, the topic is a bit unconventional, but today being as today is, I hope you'll pitch in to help.

Someone at our party threw a joke today about ending the campaign and playing something else instead. Someone suggested "ponyfinder" and a few jokes where thrown around.

We're not going to do it.

I still want to run the joke to the ground and arrive with some character and pretend that I thought this whole ponyfinder mention was serious business.

It's been a while since I looked at Pathfinder, and it will take me a while to figure it out.

I'd like to bring a character nonetheless. The problem is, I have a fire mage at the game, and I'd like to bring something similar.

Without knowing much about Pathfinder, I'd aim at 6th level character or so.

Is it possible to grab some sort of fire magic, including very high fire resistance (or immunity?) with Pathfinder feats?
>>
File: unnamed.png (1 MB, 996x1123) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
1 MB, 996x1123
I've found this - related - image.
Is it possible to use the base pony class to do it? Using a unicorn would be what one would expect for a fire image?
>>
>>46388997
They jumped the shark with Twilicorn; the show has not had a single decent episode or new character since.
>>
>>46389005
the preview has the racial stats.
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/125583/Ponyfinder--Campaign-Setting

Ponykind Racial Traits:
Type: Fey(ponykind)
Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom,
-2 Dexterity
Medium: Ponies are medium size and gain no
bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Fast Speed: Ponies have a base speed of 40 feet,
and a bipedal speed of 20 feet.
Low-Light Vision: Ponies see twice as far as
humans in conditions of dim light.
Earth-Bound: Ponies gain a +2 racial bonus on
saving throws against poison, spells, and spelllike
abilities, as well as Endurance as a bonus
feat at 1st level.
Unique Destiny: Ponies select one extra feat at
1st level.
Fingerless: See fingerless rules.
Quadruped: Due to being four-legged, ponykind
receive +4 racial bonus to their Combat
Maneuver Defense against trip attacks and
+50% carrying capacity.
Languages: Ponies begin play speaking Common
and Sylvan. Ponies with high intelligence
scores may choose any bonus language but
secret languages, like Druidic.
>>
>>46389005
I don't watch the show, can't confirm nor deny.

One of the players does, I think, but he's not really pushing it into our faces. Not until today, I suppose.

Still, a fair joke needs an overblown response.
>>
>>46389018
This isn't overblown enough. You want to dress yourself up as a Chaos Space Marine, covered in pony cutie marks (the pictures on their butts that show their purposes in life), then burst fashionably late into a game and bellow "LOVE FOR THE LOVE GOD, HUGS FOR THE HUG THRONE" until everyone starts vomiting rainbows and grows marshmallow chain axes from their eyeballs.
>>
>>46388997
>>46388997
>Hey guys, this is totally a joke, but...
>What if I played Ponyfinder?
>You know, as a joke
>And wouldn't it be funny if you helped me make a character?
>A very specific character
>That sure would be a funny joke!

>Oh btw, check out this fan art
>Isn't it super hilarious?
>Wouldnt it be funny if I used this co--I mean DUMB fan art for my character?
>>
>>46389141
There's a bit of that, yes.

I don't think I'm gonna watch the show, though.
>>
>>46389071
Just the character would be enough.

Ah, if no one offers help, just gonna write down random numbers.

Either that, or actually create a character myself.
>>
>>46388997
Awakened warhorse?
>>
>>46388997
Be a sorcerer, with the Elemental Bloodline.
This'll grant you fire resistance and a bunch of other appropriate powers and spells.
>>
There's no specific pony class.

Unicorns lack the Earthbound trait, replacing it with: Unicorns with Intelligence scores of 11 or greater gain the following spell-like abilities(caster level is equal to character level): Unseen Servant 2/day Light 3/day (must target horn) and get +2 to Concentration checks when casting defensively

And instead of the standard racial attributes, they get +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, and -2 Dexterity
>>
>>46389414
I didn't catch the full reference, I'm afraid.

Anyway...

>>46389011
+2 Wisdom.

Spell casters who cast based on wisdom are only Druids and Clerics, right?

The racial bonus would get me up to 20 WIS, right?

What about fire resistance and fire spells?

I'm hoping there's a deity for that for Clerics.

I played some DnD back in the years, but never pathfinder, so I'm gonna make mistakes if left by myself.
>>
>>46389483
Basically, that gives me access to "protection from energy (fire)" ?

Isn't there a feat for that, or something?
>>
>>46389532
Noooot that I can see?

If you do take the Elemental Bloodline, you can take Manifested Blood which increases your resistance by 5 when active.
>>
>>46389563
>Manifested Blood
>Once per day, you can surround yourself with the element associated with your bloodline.

Hmm. Does Elemental bloodline lock you to a single element, or are you all four, meaning the feat means you choose which to use?
>>
>>46389605
Just the one I'm afraid.
>>
>>46388997
You should've started the thread on /mlp/ - there are RPG players there and a Pathfinder thread there wouldn't get you banned. Personally I don't care if it's not spam covering the front page more than 40k but you know, rules.
>>
>>46389610
Not a problem.

Ah, it's the 20th level
Elemental Body (Su): At 20th level, elemental power surges through your body. You gain immunity to sneak attacks, critical hits, and damage from your energy type.

That matches Greater Immunity (Fire) Virtue.

Interesting.
>>
>>46389624
Heck, he didn't even really need mention ponies. His actual question is simply "how can I make a fire mage in pathfinder?"
>>
>>46389624
Eh?

I'm mostly focused on pathfinder, is the source of the template I planned to use an issue?
>>
>>46389656
Basically, yes.
>>
>>46389656
>>46389664
I'm pretty sure pictures are usually enough but since it's still up I guess the mods are asleep so go on.
>>
>>46389673
So yeah.

Oh boy it's been a while with DnD.
Assuming 20 point boy, and racial mods, I arrived at first level draft stats
STR 10
DEX 10
CON 12
INT 13
WIS 10
CHA 18

Since I'm aiming for arbitrary level of 6, I get an additional +1, at level 4, right? Or was it 3.5 only? Making INT 14 for more skillpoints and evener numbers.
>>
>>46389741
reading through creation gide in wiki
Favored class sorcerer for a +1 hit point and +1 skill every level...

Skill ranks
2+int
meaning it's 3+3+3+4+4+4, at sixth level and with a +6 for favorite class it makes 27. That sounds little, but alright.

As for feats, there's 2 at the start, and 2 more for third and fith levels. Four total.

Hitpoints are 6+5d6+ favorite 6 + 6 con -> 18+5d6
>>
>>46389784
wait, what, what happened with that name change?
>>
>>46389800
>Elisabeth Rivers
> It's probabaly a date issue.

As for class things.

There's
Elemental Resistance (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain energy resistance 10 against your energy type

Couple with Manifested blood, that's 15 resistance. Nowhere near eating a fireball to the face and living, but it's a start, I suppose.

Any other feats that boost fire spells/damage or fire resistance?
>>
>>46389845 http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/fire-god-s-blessing

Is that requirement Orc or a worshiper of fire gods.

Or...
A fire god worshiping orc?
>>
Pony stats, available free and even legal: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/3rd-party-races/silver-games/ponykind
>>
>>46392280
these are the same as
>>46389011
>>
File: Day Pony.png (2 MB, 1169x1535) Image search: [Google]
Day Pony.png
2 MB, 1169x1535
>>46389741
Hmm, you'll probably want to be an Earth pony rather than a unicorn, and take the Day Pony variant race. They have Fire Resist 5, and some applicable powers. You can then take the Day Stomper feat and Hail the Sun feats, and get another +5 each.

This would give you Fire Resist 25, +5 when using Manifested Blood.
>>
>>46392920
OP here.

Yeah, that's the answer I was looking for, I suppose,

/thread

thanks for the info.
>>
>>46389673
I wouldn't doubt they're simply being lax with the rules for April Fool's Day
>>
we just had a genuine Ponyfinder thread you guys
>>
>>46395358
I would hardly call 33 replies and 10 posters a thread, plus you know, April Fools.
>>46395344
Yeah, I think so to.
>>
File: Useful Feats.png (566 KB, 1003x413) Image search: [Google]
Useful Feats.png
566 KB, 1003x413
>>46395271
Here's some feats you might find handy. Most are from the core book, but Hail the Sun's from the supplement.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.