[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Codex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: photo-original.jpg (538 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
538 KB, 1536x1152
Does /tg/ like Codex?
I've been playing a ton of it lately via Tabletop Simulator, and I've been really impressed.
>>
>liking things
>>
The crowdfunding didn't particularly entrance me. What makes it different from every other not!MtG LCG?
>>
>>46333018
Yeah, I don't think there's any chance of me getting the physical version. I'm way too cheap.

There are some big differences, though:
-You start with 10 cards and build your deck from the 24 card codexes of 1-3 heroes as you go, to adapt to the situation
-Because of this, one deck does a lot of different things rather than being really good at one thing
-Attackers choose their targets, but the defense has "patroller" slots that give benefits like +1 armor, draw a card when they're destroyed, etc

The game has an RTS motif that goes a lot deeper than you may realize from the start. Because your deck stays really small through cycling and removing the things you don't want, you can re-use units and spells quite a bit.

The Kickstarter has a video that sums it up pretty well: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sirlin/codex-2/description
>>
>>46332897
I like that I can adapt my deck to whatever BS strategies my friends try to throw at me WHILE I'm playing, not in-between games.
>>
>>46333261
Yeah, part of Sirlin's pitch is the whole idea that a lot of deck matchups in MTG and others have already won or lost before even sitting at the table.

Maybe I should host a game?

This is actually my first time doing much with /tg/, and I was surprised to see no Tabletop Simulator threads in the catalog. The game's made a lot of tabletop stuff way more accessible to me, and I kinda thought /t/g would be all over it.
>>
I play codex, it's real fun. lots of replayability with deck development being on the fly.
>>
This game deserves way more love than it gets.
>>
>>46333334

I need to get handier with TTS. Trying to play things in it has been rather a pain for me. I tried Burgle Bros and it felt so clumsy, and the BattleCON mod didn't even tell you how to choose characters. .
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.