[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brainstorming game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled-1.jpg (195 KB, 724x1604) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
195 KB, 724x1604
I'm brainstorming ideas for a huge, underground megadungeon that my players will be trapped in. I'm laying it out in smaller sections, each the size of a large dungeon themselves, to make it easier for my to format and create assets and organize

Please feel free to throw out any ideas, no matter how great or how stupid, and I'll arrange them on my chart here according to post number. I'm going to do this a few times until I decide how I'll ultimately going to create my megadungeon.
>>
>Rooms have different segments on different floors for 3D puzzle fun
>Traps may drop to lower floors with stronger monsters
>Multiple entrances and exits to each floor to allow players to avoid out of depth monsters
>Good reason why they're trapped there
>Ways to foil magic-based cheatyface attempts to bypass the whole thing (not relevant until level 9 or so)

Any more details available on the premise? I've wanted to do this forever as well.
>>
>>46315598
This room is remarkably comfortable friendly. It's got a hearth, comfortable benches, a fountain.

It's a bit too friendly. The room starts following them around, 2 rooms behind them.
>>
File: Untitled-2.jpg (197 KB, 724x1604) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
197 KB, 724x1604
good job me, typo on the first image
>>
>>46315598
This section is is much larger than it has any right to be. It still takes up the proper amount of space, but everything native to it is exceptionally large. Perhaps the entire section is a single, simple room with absolutely gigantic tables and chairs. You can include extra giant versions of some small creatures as foes. If you think the group can handle it, maybe even throw an intelligent foe / negotiable NPC like a giant.
>>
>>46315598
A room based on a tropical island.

The floor slopes down from the entrance into a pool of water where waves are magically induced. Flowers sprout from crannies in the stone and fill the air with a light perfume. The floor is covered in white sand. There are conch shells which, if held to one's ear, can be used to hear the sound of gulls. The warm is filled with the warmth, though not the illumination, of sunlight; the water is also tropically warm. In the water are anenomes, some of which sting and some of which are giant and will try to pull things down from the surface to eat them - and lots of very small fish.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>46315598
Well, the players need food, so:
This is a large natural cavern, the exits closed by palisades made from the stems of giant mushrooms. A group of armed
1: humans
2: dwarves
3: dark elves
4: kobolds
5: goblins
6: myconids
lives here, growing mushrooms, breeding edible worms and bugs thanks to a natural spring.
>>
>>46315892
blue 2,7 and 3,7 are perhaps an error.
>>
>>46316405
Yup, apparently I fail at the most simple of counting tonight.

I'll fix it all after the little ones are in bed
>>
>>46315598
An abandoned library.
A large room filled with book shelves and some closets randomly arranged in a confusing manner.

A minotauros lives here, he created a small maze with the furniture available. In a corner is his lair, a pile of ripped off pages, some half eaten books and blank bones of some unlucky wanderers.
>>
>>46316369
>369
>>46316868
>868=368
A coincidence.
>>
>>46317007
illuminati confirmed
>>
The room has a vaguely checkerboard patterned floor. Each of the squares pulses in various colors in time with a constant deep beat coming from an indiscernible source. Any living creatures within the room are unable to stay still and move in time with the pulses until they exit the room.
>>
>>46315598
this sounds interesting. what type of game is it? obviously a dungeon crawler but is it text based or what?
>>
>>46318268
nevermind this. i thought this was on /v/.
just got lost in the tabs.
>>
Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d4)

This room contains a big pile of rocks and debris. In the middle, a rough tunnel begins, its walls reinforced with not enough wooden beams and planks. The tunnel
1: ends shortly after, the rock is apparently impenetrable.
2: ends in a cave-in, the rock is apparently not very stable.
3: is filled with a poisonous gas, the rock apparently emanates dangerous gases
4: forms a maze of twisty little passages, all alike. People following the tunnel will be confused and (roll 1d6 each turn):
1: return to the beginning room
2-5: be lost in the maze
6: find the end of the tunnel

At the end of the tunnel or cave-in, there is a skeleton of a dwarf with
1: a broken pick and an intact lamp with still some oil. The walls have also some claw marks made by the dwarf in an attempt to dig further.
2: destroyed equipment, only a dwarven pick is still useable. The dwarf skeleton has a broken skull.
3: clutches a magic wand of rock to rubble, with still a little magic left.
4: is charred and broken. A little further away, a metal box with rests of a strange black powder can be found.
>>
A room which, upon looking in, contains some sturdy-looking furnishings and several slimes (or some other gelatinous creatures) roaming around on the ceiling.

A Perception check can allow the players to notice that the furniture is actually fixed to the floor, and maybe that the slimes' forms don't appear to be being pulled downwards at all. The room's gravity is reversed, and the party will fall to the ceiling upon entering. The door(s) to the room are located as if gravity was acting as normal, which could lead to some difficulty escaping depending on the height of the room.
>>
File: image.jpg (542 KB, 1574x1794) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
542 KB, 1574x1794
>>46315598
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.