[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to make one of my players think they might be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 20151013_092747.png (457 KB, 857x960) Image search: [Google]
20151013_092747.png
457 KB, 857x960
I'm trying to make one of my players think they might be turning into a werewolf but they really only got bitten by a normal wolf.

Any ideas on notes or little hints I could give them that would make them think they are?

Also things that could happen that would lead the party to believe there is a werewolf amongst them?

Or how about just a general werewolf thread? Dnd pathfinder Nwod whatever.
>>
>>43051036
They wake up frequently without clothes and there's especially savage murders nearby on occasion is a good one, especially if it comes with massive headaches on the part of the PC afterword.

Frequent loss of temper or excessive hair growth is good too, combined with bursts of remarkably strength they otherwise don't display or have.

The best part is both can be pretty easily explained away by other stuff; the headaches and waking up naked could be explained by somebody spiking their water or food with really potent drugs or alcohol that sends them on benders and gives him hangovers.

The body hair, anger, and strength could be spiking food or lacing drink with some kind of testosterone-based steroid.
>>
>>43051036
Rabies and its symptoms.
>>
>>43051136
Nice nice. Yeah I can definitely do the headaches and such!

One idea I had was him waking up with feathers in his hair and the group finding out a local chicken coop got roughed up by some dogs last night.
>>
>>43051163
See, this would fucking suck in other ways.

>"Wait....so I'm NOT gonna be a werewolf!!"
>"Nope. But um....your kidneys and liver will fail in like, a day. So...good luck with that. Hope you have a cure disease spell handy!"
>>
>>43051299
That's even worse for my party. They're trapped on an island without magic of any kind right now.
>>
>>43051297
You could always just let the player's imagination do most of the work.

Keep going back to talking about the wound whenever there's a lull in the action.

>The wound just doesn't seem to stay shut.
>The flesh around the bite is lumpy and constantly itches.
>You wake up in a cold sweat as the wound pulses in pain.

Even a minor infection can interfere with the body's natural reaction to injury.
>>
It should be easy enough to do. My players always jump to werewolves as an explanation, even if there are more mundane ones or things don't quite line up.

The worst point was where they accidentally used the actual monster harassing the town as bait to draw the nonexistent werewolf into a trap.
>>
>>43051408
Yeah, rabies affects human beings slightly differently then animals....
>>
File: 1444415411650.png (774 KB, 1555x1555) Image search: [Google]
1444415411650.png
774 KB, 1555x1555
>>43052152
Well this is for my Halloween game I'm building for them. Sort of a dress up dinner party event deal. And the start of it is a big storm followed by a player getting bit by a wolf.

The real monsters are the pic. I'm hoping the players think werewolf first though as a red herring.
>>
>>43052517
As an added bonus, have it be a full moon out, but have a storm start partway through the night. Plenty of clouds to block out the moon so the players can't test if he's a werewolf reliably
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.