[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are fun ways to roleplay a sorcerer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: magic man.jpg (12 KB, 300x343) Image search: [Google]
magic man.jpg
12 KB, 300x343
What are fun ways to roleplay a sorcerer?
>>
File: cestree_witch.jpg (97 KB, 431x434) Image search: [Google]
cestree_witch.jpg
97 KB, 431x434
>an awkward geek who believes they can cast magic, but actually can

"If you cross me, the Ice Dragon Lord Hazealphon, who has the blood of both an angel and a dragon coursing through his veins, I will curse you with the bitter cold of a million winters!"
*casts ray of frost*

>the inadvertant sorcerer who subconsciously casts spells when in dangerous situations, and otherwise has extreme trouble controlling it

"I keep telling you, I'm no wizard! I can't just will myself to fly or read people's minds or anything like that, and I don't even know how I wound up casting that fireball! It just happened when I thought the goblins were about to surround us!"

>the gluttonous chocolatier who eats fancy chocolates instead of using material components

"Oh, how marvellous! How exquisite! This apricot cream filling, enrobed in bitter black chocolate, is absolutely divine! It's precisely what I needed to inspire me to KILL YOU ALL."

>the aspiring knight with very little talent for swordplay but great talent with magic, with an intelligent sword as their familiar that constantly berates them for relying on spells instead of using it.

"You weigh like ten pounds more than you're supposed to! Just leave me to my spells and stop trying to get me to swing you, you son of a frying pan!"
>>
>>46179834
>What are fun ways to roleplay a sorcerer?
the straight-man

hear me out on this!

In most fantasy RPG's sorcerrors are distinguished by not having to study magic to use it, they were born with the innate ability to cast spells.

So it stands to reason that perhaps prior to their abilities manifesting, the sorcerer might have lead a largely normal and mundane life up until that point.

so consider someone growing up in some out-of-the-way corner of the kingdom who has little understanding of magic and never put much stock in magic or wizards, suddenly finding that he can suddenly cast spells and other "voodoo shit" whether he/she likes it or not.
>>
There are all kinds of things to do that are interesting, and I guess a lot of them vary by your inhuman bloodline. Whatever your bloodline is, though, one thing I like to do is have the inhuman ancestor be not all that far back-- like, close enough that the sorcerer probably knows them personally. And they just don't get it when other people find that weird.

>Dragonslaying? Well, I guess. I mean, that seems kind of weird-- what if it was Great-Grampa Inferniax, you know? What if it was one of his clutchmates, or a friend? I'm just not sure I'm comfortable with this.

>Steve, it's a dragon. It's a goddamn red dragon, it's terrorizing three villages and it burnt a fourth to the ground.

>Alright, alright, fine. Can we at least try talking to him first?

>Goddamn it, Steve...
>>
File: 1394341150764.jpg (17 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1394341150764.jpg
17 KB, 250x250
>>46180539
>son of a frying pan
>>
>>46179834
someone who likes to show off an abuse their magical talents, much to the annoyance of the party wizard for not taking magic seriously
>>
Bring back cock magic.
>>
File: Badass Monks#.jpg (41 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
Badass Monks#.jpg
41 KB, 450x370
Monastic.

You became a novice age 2 during the last smallpox outbreaks when you became an orphan. You spent the next 14 years knowing that you were going to become a monk and you were happy with this.

You intended to spend the rest of your life in God's service, brewing beer for His people, transcribing books for His people, brewing restorative things for His people and doing scribe work for the rulers and administrators of this nation of His people.

Then about six months before your 16th birthday magic happens.

Abbot, a kindly old man, tells you that the Good Lord wouldn't have given you such a gift not to use for the benefit of His people and that spending the next 70 years copying books and such is a waste of those gifts.

So you were gently but shown the door.

Still live like a monk. But now you do kickass magic as well.
>>
>>46179834
"I lost a bet with an X, now I'm here."
>>
>>46179834
as Nicholas Cage. After he spent all his money on fossils and albino cobras.
>>
>>46179834
Play a rogue pretending to be a sorcerer. Good intimidation skills and a few parlor tricks can go a long way. Hilarity ensues when a real caster shows up and is amazed by the rogue's unique and exotic set of 'spells.'
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.