[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Pauper General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
Creating a Flowchart Edition

Thread topics:
Creating a flowchart for players who are looking for a pauper deck. Which pauper decks do you think should be represented on the flowchart? Any witty questions to ask?

Alternative topic: Why aren't you playing Tron?
>>
>Which pauper decks do you think should be represented on the flowchart?
The main 18 to start with, we can always remake it with more.

>Thread topics
inb4 ban Delver
inb4 don't split the player base
Those discussions never go anywhere. Feel free to have them,
but if you do /please/ contribute to a real conversation elsewhere in your post.

So in no particular order,
* Affinity
* Goblins
* Elves
* GW Slivers
* WU Kitty
* RW Kitty
* WUR Kitty
* UB Teachings
* Mono B Control
* Mono G Stompy
* Delver
* Delver Fiend
* UB Delver
* UR Tron
* URG Tron
* Boggles
* W Tokens

>Any witty questions to ask?
Probably?
Give me a minute, I'll see what i can come up with.

>Why aren't you playing Tron?
It's slow and underwhelming.
>>
>>46194833
Is freed from the real combo too new/little played to be added? Since we don't really have combo decks besides affinity
>>
>>46194833
I agree with that list except for the kitty decks, which are mostly irrelevant now, and the addition of Burn.

Not using the MTGO card pool and banlist just confuses new players and the offline meta is terrible. Hymn is a joke and shouldn't be used.

Which deck should I invest all my time into for tournaments? WG Slivers, Burn, or Acid Trip? nb4 Delver.
>>
>>46196449
Go with Acid Burn,it's by far the most interesting of the 3.
>>
>>46196385
I'm working on a Freed combo deck myself, but it's hard to make it consistent without slowing it down to much.
>>
>>46196537
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/freed-from-the-real-aleco-pors-2nd-place/ how's this list? If I recall correctly it could go on turn 3-4 the ealriest
>>
>>46192707
I don't play Tron because it's stupid boring and any aggro deck destroys it.

What play style do you guys like best?

>Red
Doesn't enjoy card interactions, wants to kill you outright, no silly tricks or deck searching nonsense, kill fast or die slow.

>Black
Try hard players that are to grimdark to go blue, wants to play control but is easily overwhelmed when having to think of a plan that doesn't line up with his decks auto pilot.

>Green
Normal dudes, love seeing a ramp up, digs card interactions but not insane control or tricks, fairly honest straightforward deck and players

>White
Tryhards that white can still win, loves 2 buff, tries to make interesting card interactions but once they start panickig they swing with every 1/1 they have which is usually 1.

>These autistic players love to use decks that are completely boring and devoid of any fun at all for the other player. As they spend 5 minutes on turn 1 analyzing their deck they pull some wonky ass win condition out of their ass or fail trying to be awesome. Major overthinkers. NOTE: DELVER PLAYERS ARE NOT BLUE PLAYERS.

What prejudices do you have?
>>
>>46196486
Acid Burn. What the fuck.
>>
>>46196595
Blue is the last all green text. Damn phone.
>>
File: 1451905734072.jpg (197 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1451905734072.jpg
197 KB, 1280x1280
How do i even fuck up that badly
>>
>>46196449
Jeskai Kitty did actually recently top8
>>
Dead thread dead format made more dead by scene splitters who refuse to follow the correct card pool and ban list.
>>
>>46197252
Why does it matter if its a dead format, its still played online and you can play with some friends at your LGS in paper.
>>
>>46197507
I was just trying to get replies. I work nights and this thread is dead in the day but super duper dead at night.
>>
>>46192707
One of the biggest ways to split the list so far could be "blue or no blue" dunno if you're looking for thoughts on how to assemble the flowchart.

Also cavern harpy and domain zoo could go on the list. They're a bit shit though.
>>
>>46197645
I think the flowsheet should ask questions such as playstyle and budget.

And to tell them to pick delver for winning.
>>
>>46196595
I sure do love me some green stompy

>What prejudices do you have?

Red is enjoyable to play, if you don't mind faggots attacking you for not playing delverkittyinfectcontrol with a splash of green.

Green is fun, big man smash tiny man.

Black doesn't bother me, since my hand can be emptied easily. Stupid fucking edicts though.

White is not fun to play against.

Blue is OK, as long as you aren't playing any control, if you are you're a faggot.
>>
>>46192707
i refuse to play tron
tron is for communists and homosexuals

i was happy playing kitty decks, kitty decks got me into pauper

also i never got around to getting the chromatic doodads and now theyre getting out of the comfortable amount of money i like to drop on this part of my hobby
>>
I'm building GW Slivers because of tg talking about it in yesterday's thread. I'm most of the way there now, just need about 10 more cards.
>tfw my edh deck is hated locally because it's also Slivers
>>
>>46198630
>Slivers
Mah nigga. I've been watching this guy who has been going 5-0 in the current meta using Slivers to take down all sorts of decks. When people say "Slivers plays itself" they have no idea of the early game and how playing the wrong land can fuck you up. I'm loving the deck, a huge aspect of it is sideboarding like a mother fucker once you've bumrushed them. The deck has a ton of answers for the most common decks (delver, tron, Goblins).

My Burn deck is a lot easier to play but I think this guy has something with Slivers and the sideboard. It's not a faceroll deck (you can play it like one, though).
>>
You people made me buy four of decks from this meme format in paper. Delver fae, MBC, Jeskai kitty and stompy. Pauper is cheap but it sure isn't that cheap, man. Am going to thoroughly enjoy playing however.
>>
File: legacy flowchart.png (538 KB, 1489x1542) Image search: [Google]
legacy flowchart.png
538 KB, 1489x1542
>>46197728
That sounds reasonable. Here's the legacy one I saw, maybe we could base it on that one?
>>
File: IMG_20160323_105732148.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160323_105732148.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Rate my deck. Not pictured : 2 more nettle sentinels, 1 darksteel axe, 4 Rancor coming in the mail.
>>
>>46200153
>meme format
I understand to a degree. My local store started dedicating Saturday to Pauper so I've had a good reason to make paper decks. With you having 4 decks already you should get some locals to play with them and maybe start a league.
>>
>>>46196591 If I recall correctly it could go on turn 3-4 the ealriest
It's not a matter of speed, it's a matter of consistency.
The deck can and does go of that quickly, but if it doesn't it spends ages topdecking before it can go off.
The issue I was bringing up (>>46196537) is that, while you can still go off at 3 or 4, if you don't you're looking to go off at 5-7.
Which is slow.

Incidentally, my list is pretty similar to the one you linked:
4 Freed From the Real
1 Pyromatics
2 Valakut Invoker
1 Axebane Guardian
4 Voyaging Satyr
4 Lifespark Spellbomb
4 Fertile Ground
4 Overgrown Battlement
3 Tinder Wall
3 Vines of Vastwood
3 Muddle the Mixture
3 Drift of Phatasms
2 Sea Gate Oracle
4 Crop Rotation
4 Halimar Depths
1 Island
8 Forest
1 Simic Growth Chamber
4 Izzet Boilerworks

How useful is Impulse?
If it's good and I could find room for it, I wouldn't mind cutting a few Halimar Depths for some basics.
>>
File: Traproot Kami.jpg (157 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
Traproot Kami.jpg
157 KB, 480x680
>>46196486
Never heard of this.
>>46197605
Shitposting in the name of righteousness is still shitposting.
>>>46200570 inb4 Traproot Kami
>>
>>46201143
Yeah thats what Im hoping for. Having a gauntlet of "top decks" should also let people have something to test their brews against. So people can just put together whatever stupid stuff they want and still have it feel like real pauper.
>>
>>46201143
Also I wasnt really serious about the meme part. This feels like a nice organized way to play "casually" but still have it focused.
>>
>>46200570
I meant Bonesplitter. Is Bone Saw any good in that slot?
>>
>>46204156
Is the one mana shave worth losing that bit of extra power? Theres a lot of x/4s so being able to turn most of those 2 power creatures into threats seems good.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.