[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anonimi Thread: Getting Shit Done Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9
File: Nekid Anonimi.png (129 KB, 446x503) Image search: [Google]
Nekid Anonimi.png
129 KB, 446x503
Let do it!
>>
First of all I'd like to settle one thing. The mental communication issue.

The Hivemind idea vs the Thread and Weave Idea from last thread. Both have their good points and capabilities and both have their bad points and limitations.

I'd like to either pick one or the other or mash them together to get the best out of both.
>>
>>46136543
Before I get into it, I need to state the fact that Anonimi do have an orally spoken language so talking to one another in close proximity is a thing.

The Hivemind, which is literally a representation of 4chan's board system, with its segments for each one of the clans who are themselves their own board personified.

With it's "Posting" and "Lurking" working as a sort of a mental radio system. Everyone can hear whats going on on the radio when they lurk, and those that "Post" are communicating like they would on the radio. Each clan has their own frequency basically and you can tune in, but if you start posting without knowing/regarding the social cues and clan/board culture you'll be shunned and bitched at.

But its not meant for communication on a large scale, like a board with its threads it can only support so many topics at once. Its more like an announcement system than a chatroom.

Besides this links all Anonimi together, all the time. It's meant to be like that because they are all very small and everything must be done as a group, like ants.

It's meant to be blatantly obvious that the Anonimi are basically Anon's of 4chan to anyone who knows.

The Thread and Weave idea is basally a chatroom, meant to allow communication between a clan or group of Anonimi in close proximity to one another.

If we choose one, we either have large scale communication but like a board limited to as many threads as a board can handle or short range chatroom style mental communication great for parties and squads and the like, but no long range communication.

If we combine both though, we have a very nice system to work with.
>>
>>46136850
You should post a pastebin or doc of all the info gathered so far, so that you can edit it when needed, and allow people to make suggestions but not edit.
>>
>>46136850
I vote for Hivemind. The short range thread and weave stuff seems to be covered by just talking.
>>
>>46137009
I'm gonna work on a pastebin. I just need to get the info off of the last thread and I should have almost all of it.
>>
>>46137063
That's what I thought too, but the Thread and Weave allows non-verbal communication in hostile situations. But then again the issue is just reversed, why have a spoken language at all then?
>>
File: Feeling pretty moist komrade.png (247 KB, 658x632) Image search: [Google]
Feeling pretty moist komrade.png
247 KB, 658x632
>>46136850
http://www.strawpoll.me/7134730

Alright that's that then, I'd like to discuss firearms next.
>>
So Firearms and Firearm Technology Level.

I was playing some Black Flag last night, because I was feeling piratey and thought it might give me some inspiration for the Anonimi Thread.

Blow guns guys. Anonimi with blow guns.

Also, thinking instead of WW2 Era weapons we do instead Colonial Era, a brace of Pistols is freaking neat.
>>
File: meet n greet.png (211 KB, 640x1024) Image search: [Google]
meet n greet.png
211 KB, 640x1024
>>46137236
what about firearms?
>>
>>46137551
Hmm, I quite like the /k/ clans having Moist Nuggets.
>>
>>46137551
>Also, thinking instead of WW2 Era weapons we do instead Colonial Era, a brace of Pistols is freaking neat

well we can have different eras, can't we?

Should we maybe start a timeline?
>>
File: Blow Darts.png (276 KB, 1340x406) Image search: [Google]
Blow Darts.png
276 KB, 1340x406
>>46137615
Well obviously /k/ would have the most advanced firearms in its possession but I love the idea of single shot weapons. Means you need to be more skillful with your shots.
>>
File: Marksman Pistol.jpg (5 KB, 364x138) Image search: [Google]
Marksman Pistol.jpg
5 KB, 364x138
>>46137637
This is true, we should come up with a general time line.

Unification, first contact with Tumblr, First Contact with Reddit, etc...
>>
>>46137684
Oh and I forgot to mention, if not single shot flintlocks I'd go for marksmen pistols. Easier to reload and we could still do the pistol brace.
>>
>>46137637
>>46137684
Ooh, the history of the Anonimi, that sounds quite fun.
>>
Oh another point I'd like to ask you about. Physical capabilities. I was thinking about giving the Anonimi grasshopper like jumping. Not something meant for long travel but you could get a couple of quick consecutive hops or a few long/high jumps.
>>
>>46137922
okay, so we need a year 0. I'd say something like 'the moot point', the supposed historical date of the creation myth. then we'll have to decide which tribe went into civilization first, if we have some older high culture, and then weÄll get into the known events.

Unification would be around early modern, late medieval I'd say, and I'll just put a number to it, it's in the 43rd century. I have no special attatchment to that number, so do tell me if you wanna change it.

And then from there, we should go to stuff like encountering the Reddit swarm and such, and we should just pad everything with historical events that can shape our understanding of anonimi culture
>>
>>46137962
I disagree with the breeder clans because I feel like the Anonimi would mainly be savages, forming crude form of tribes but mainly just fighting each other in the beginning, but breeder clans kinda put a wrench to it.

We could base it off real internet history, with 1991 being the start, and 2003 is when the Anonimi came into existence.
>>
>>46138003
what are breeder clans?
>>
>>46138003
I didn't really like the breeder clan thing, but there were quite a dew negatives on the Anonimi creation system. I wanted them to be born of mashed together soul fragments from the void that once again gained a physical shell as the Anonimi.

I also kind of wanted them to die like the Protoss with their soul junk just flying out of their bodies... I just realized that the Anonimi Hivemind is almost like the Protoss Khala
>>
>>46138074
I want it to be like standard forms of reproduction, except that would imply female/hermaphrodite anonimi.
>>
>>46138017
Clans like /trash/ and /d/ made up of fertile Anonimi that would be used to breed other Anonimi. You can see why I didn't like it. It's really limited and just kind of... degrades those clans. I mean they are based off their own boards, but to be limited to that based on what their boards represent. It's kinda sad really, we were able to make /r9k/ into something respectable why not them, right?
>>
>>46138121
it also means that they can't have been around before unification

>>46138100
what about just asexual reproduction?
>>
>>46138100
Well I did suggest that Anonimi keep everything hidden, even their genders, and that Fem'Anonimi would have to go through a public ritual based off of "Tits or GTFO" to be recognized as female.

So that could be a solution and allow normal in clan breeding. The breeder clans could just have a higher number of females that have gone through the ritual or something.
>>
>>46138265
>>46138262
Either of these can work.
>>
>>46137932
bump
>>
>>46138003
>>46137962
Savage, crude tribes that were willing to kill each other for a few centuries to millenniums, they eventually began forming into greater tribes, and domesticating animals and farming, while still going to war with each other. A few centuries later of technological advancements and such, they discovered a new land filled with Redditors.
>>
>>46138598
Ooh I like it the idea of encroaching on their land for resources and fuck xenos. Maybe that can be the unification catalyst, common enemies.

Also someone comment on this already. >>46137932
>>
>>46138791
/fit/ clans could be akin to ants and lift a significant amount higher than their bodyweight, like x100 or something.
>>
>>46138833
I can agree to that, /fit/izens should be stronk
>>
File: bigun.png (157 KB, 640x704) Image search: [Google]
bigun.png
157 KB, 640x704
>>46138833
well yeah, there are already /fit/guys
>>
>>46139040
Perhaps /tv/ could sort of worship /fit/ because they're big guys.
>>
>>46139275
Let me guess, they almost look like lord bane in their eyes right?
>>
>>46139296
If only they would wear a mask, or would that be extremely painful?
>>
>>46139334
I'm not sure, they already technically have a biological one, why put on another right?
>>
>>46139406
Oh hey, Bane is a fairly unknown person, who didn't let his identity be revealed, perhaps this could be another reason to why they worship the big guy.
>>
>>46139755
That is a fairly good point, another reason for being anonymous, I like it.
>>
>>46137637
>>46137684
>>46137922
>>46138074
Let's expand on the history of the Anonimi, major events and such.
>>
>>46140382
M00t rose the land out of the Sea and upon it let the creatures of the Grand Net flourish upon its land and shores. Everything from the everchanging memes to the lowliest Fagote, all were welcomed here... but leaving any door unbarred and unguarded is just asking for trouble...
>>
>>46140535
Eh, I think we should have multiple gods for each race, and Berners-Lee being the creator of the world.
>>
>>46140752
Well I never said anything about M00t creating everything, just that he brought the land of 4channels into existence.
>>
>>46141043
That works, Berners-Lee could create the base of a universe, and the suns and planets.
Speaking of which, how's the geography for the world, and how many suns does it have?
>>
What would a bump be for the Anonimi?
>>
>>46141423
A mental nudge, to bring attention to something maybe. Basically its the same thing, for the same purpose.

>>46141082
Don't know, I like the idea of a binary star system but its been done to many times. As for the geography of the world as a whole, who knows. I'm just focusing on the island/continent of our Anonimi. We could do expansions into those other places, whose inhabitants drop by on occasion as explorers or traders and even invaders.
>>
What planets would be in the Anonimi Solar System, how big would they be, and what properties would they have?
How many stars does the Anonimi Solar System have?
What animals would the Anonimi, Redditor and Tumblr Witches have, domesticated and feral?
What plants would the Anonimi, Redditor and Tumblr Witches have?
What minerals would the Anonimi, Redditor and Tumblr Witches have?
What lands does the Anonimi World have, and what are their habitats, size, plants, animals?
What habitats do the Anonimi, Redditor and Tumblr Witches live in?
What other sapient races would exist besides the Anonimi, Redditor and Tumblr Witches?
>>
File: duel.png (125 KB, 1152x576) Image search: [Google]
duel.png
125 KB, 1152x576
>>46137684
>>
File: first contact.png (338 KB, 1024x960) Image search: [Google]
first contact.png
338 KB, 1024x960
>>46140382
Well I'd like to have some discovery of a savage board by the /k/ tribe, mainly because I like the idea of conquistador anonimi
>>
>>46142044
/out/?
>>
>>46142100
that would make a lot of sense, /an/ too would also make sense.
>>
File: second contact.png (81 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
second contact.png
81 KB, 512x384
>>46142044
followed by: >>46137560
>>
>>46142156
>>46142100
>>46142136
/an/ and /out/, they eventually united with the clans as well, and became civilized. /an/ worshipped animals while /out/ worshipped the lands.
>>
>>46142183
Make sense, they could have had a tribal alliance when your conquistador anonimi showed up.
>>
>>46142219
They could also eventually get conquered but less brutally, resulting in them being assimilated into the Anonimi Clans.
>>
>>46141870
Bump.

Perhaps we should try shilling some more?
>>
>>46142786
Go ahead, I appear to be pants at it.
>>
>Read a few previous threads, see how they go from memes incarnate to a "realistic" fantasy race that can fit anywhere
>OP blatantly leaves out ideas from the previous thread
>Back to tasteless memes

wew lad
>>
>>46143065
I'm not good at this, what can I say, I need help and I've only got these two as regulars.
>>
>>46143101
I would help but it seems you want memes and inside jokes rather than something that could fit inside a Monster Manual.

I wish you the best of luck
>>
>>46143239
Honestly, I want both. I want to make these things sound nice enough to be be put in an actual game while keeping to its roots. I mean really, Anonimi are just Anons. Why not just call them so? Because it's not fun. I want to do both, mix lore with memes to make it fun and not just a joke.
>>
>>46143766
Arbites tried and now where back to a Hivemind.

You can say you want both but right now these little fuckers are memes and nothing more.
>>
>>46144397
I wanted a mix of both the Hivemind and the Loom.
>>
>10 votes
>only 4 posters
wew
>>
>>46144397
Hey I put in a vote.

>>46144569
Silent lurkers, idk
>>
Would the mods be paladins of Moot, but massive DEUS VULT faggots?
>>
>>46145868
Honestly, I would rather the mods fuck off... Like they were there then they were gone, forced out by the Anonimi. "We don't need you here to spoil our fun! We can do that on our own!"
>>
>>46146309
Nah, they'd the enforcers of the law, and no matter how hard the Anonimi try, they won't leave.
>>
>>46146419
Do what you want, I've lost interest in this en devour I'm jumping ship have fun.
>>
>>46146761
Wait, are you Ohp'pee?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-RtG5Z-9jQ
>>
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1425/why-can-bugs-fall-great-distances-and-survive-but-humans-wont
>>
>>46147434
neat
>>
bamp
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.