[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever sacrifice your character to save another? tell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: M&B Cry.jpg (154 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
M&B Cry.jpg
154 KB, 512x512
Have you ever sacrifice your character to save another? tell me your stories.
>>
No green text cause cell phone.

We were a group of 5.pretty standard. A mage. A bard. A cleric. A samurai and me. Spiked chain warrior.
I entered later in the game and rest of the group had already been cursed by BBEG.
They were trying to avoid the end of the world while being chased by a demon Lord.
7 sessions in.
One of the lackeys of the demon Lord found us in a cave where we were supposed to get the holy mcguffin.
Desperate fight.
The minion kept regenerating. The mage and the thief went down. The Mcguffin was in the other room.
The demon wasn't searching for me so I go and get the mcguffin.
Give it to the cleric tell them to run.
They grab the fallen and make a run for it.
Demon minion tries to give chase. As soon as he moves within my reach, I roll for trip.
Nat 20.
Yey.jpg
Hold him in place, tenshinhan style, for 4 rounds. Time for the cleric heal The mage and they get out.
They tried to resurrect me, but my soul was made a slave by the demon Lord. I had to roll a new character.
My old character later appeared as a minion of the demon Lord.
>>
>>46059863
good story
>>
My character sacrificed himself at the end of the campaign. Shoved his enchanted sword through his eye to kill a lich that had inadvertently turned my character into his phylactery/horcrux thing.
>>
File: Evil In A Good Party.png (153 KB, 1538x1132) Image search: [Google]
Evil In A Good Party.png
153 KB, 1538x1132
>>46058187
>>
>Playing in a game of four - a mage, a cleric, a warrior and a rogue
>Be Rogue
>Get sent on quest to recover an important artefact that will help about-to-be-besieged town defeat their attackers
>Retrieve item, return to town
>Go to give item to quest-giver
>Reveals the item does some heinous bullshit like returning the slain to life, or required blood magic, or brainwashed people, something like that
>Point is, a lot of people would die if it was activated
>Turns out quest giver is a bit mad and needs the artefact to secure himself power in the wake of the battles
>Tell him to get fucked
>He goes nuts
>First, he stabs me, then he stabs the wizard before beginning to activate the McGuffin
>I grab him and throw us both off the wall
>We die when we hit the ground
>day saved, apparently
>>
I didn't sacrifice myself, but made a friend do it.
>Playing homebrew game with four friends (2 elder vampire giant, dumb human knight and druid) and a wolf person giant as npc
>Be lich bounty hunter.
>Giant army of vampires and undeads are marching to attack a city, all our characters met there
>We need to kill the liches controling the army
>Divide our party, one group was defending the city meanwhile the other was on a dungeon trying to attack from below.
>My team in the dungeon is ambushed by vampire troops
>Get thrown to the other side of the dungeon by the giant
>Survive the throw.
>Climb the stares to get on the other side of the battlefield
>3 camps where the liches may be.
>A bunch of guards are comming my way and I was alone.
>Taunt the wolf giant person to enter berserk
>Success, he murder his way toward me and I blame the taunt on the guards.
>Party on the dungeon take advantage of the slaughter to move forward.
>Found the liches camp
>Try to kill them before they cast a spell
>Too late, they are draining my life.
>Oh shit, its over.
>One of the giants appear, manage to heal me (you heal others by taking their wounds).
>I quickly decapitate the liches and seal their souls.
>One of the souls escapes.
>Soul take possesion of the giant.
>He saved my life but now he is corrupted and soon is going to become the lich. Need to put him down.
>Day saved and got my bounty... but at what price?
>>
>>46058187
>Playing special forces group in AFMBE
>First time playing with the guys
>Roll up Ukrainian Merc type, modern day Paladin in Eastern Orthodox Church
>General impression of Sacha is uncaring Russian type
>Mission is extracting science team, typical movie stuff but done well and fluid
>About to exfiltrate by train, me on top of caboose giving cover
>Suddenly zombies from under station platform
>Scientist grabbed
> Jump down hack off arm and push scientist to safety
>Pull grenades from webbing to die saving friends
>All i had were flashbangs
>Get eaten alive after having blinded and deafened myself

Such is life in the zone
>>
>>46058187
I tried, it went awful, my character survived and my comrade died, all because the bbeg ignored me, fuck flurry of misses
>>
I did the complete opposite, and sacrificed the entire party to save myself.

There was Captain Tybalt, the Fighter and leader of our pirate crew; Edmun, the elven cleric who most-definitely wasn't going to stab us in the back; Elanas, the dumb muscle barbarian of the group who was, at one point, turned into a were-lobster; and three other guys who were hired muscle with no importance because those players were idiots; and there was me, the party's wizard and wild card.

It was the end of a long campaign, and after fighting off the Imperial Navy, surreal horrors, a dragon, a lot of angry elves, the mage's guild, tribes of goblins worshiping the tentacles of a Beholder, the most infamous pirate to ever sail the seas, his armada of raiders, and several territorial gorillas, our ragtag crew of plucky pirates had finally gathered the plot items needed to unlock the legendary treasure trove locked away beneath the hub island of the campaign.

Instead of finding riches beyond our wildest imagination, we found an evil, eldritch, godlike being that was sealed away thousands of years ago. The unimaginable riches were behind the brute.

So we made a plan: I would go invisible and steal as much loot as my Bag of Holding could hold while Captain Tybalt led the rest of the crew against the demon to keep it busy.

So I grabbed enough gems and gold to last me a lifetime, realized the rest of the crew was getting their asses whooped and could only hold the monster back for a few more seconds before dying, and sprinted out of the chamber as fast as I could. Everyone else tried to run too, but only Edmun managed to escape.

Edmun and I destroyed the plot items that unsealed the monster's prison, sealing it away again and leaving Captain Tybalt and Elanas to their fate (the three no-names were already dead).

Edmun then tried to stab me in the back, and the real final battle began: Not a heroic struggle against a powerful demon, but a slap fight between two cowards.

I won.
>>
Playing Rifts, my mind melter's last action of a round was spent creating a TK force field around a group of civilians instead of myself and was tackled off a cliff by one of several xeno-mountain-lion-with-baboon-face homebrew monsters. Excellent session, even if he got jacked up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.