[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Abbadon a failure?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: Abaddon6.jpg (174 KB, 512x759) Image search: [Google]
Abaddon6.jpg
174 KB, 512x759
“Do your marines speak true captain? That the Despoiler is weak and pathetic.“ When he heard the question, captain of Sons of Malice tenth company started laughing. He turned to face the renegade that was following him. The warrior stopped, his pure black eyes, clashing with his white skin, unblinkingly looked at the renegade marine.
“Only a fool dismisses the Despoiler as a weakling. Only a fool would believe what the warmaster wants him to believe.”
“What does he want us to believe?”
“For past millennia, he crusaded twelve times, each time defeated, he returned to the eye, laughing, for the worshippers of the emperor thought that they won. Each time he fell, he looked less of a threat, each time he fell, generals and chapter masters, captains and inquisitors, started dismissing him as a smaller threat, than he is. But they are fools. Despoilers plans were never to win, if he wanted, he could have crushed segmentum pacificus, solar and tempestus during his first crusade, but he waited, why? He knew, the victory would be short lived, six primarchs were still alive, his forces weren’t fully replenished, he could have crushed any army which tried to stop him, but he couldn’t control the massive territory. So he waited, gathering allies and weapons. Each of his crusades was just a fraction of the endless armies of the undivided and the four. But he waited, each crusade weakening the might of the imperium, each crusade plunging the dagger deeper. But now the thirteenth has started, full legions are now moving, armies of such might, that the great crusade would look pathetic
>>
Where hundreds of marines roared in the name of Khorne charging emperors dogs, now millions roar in bloodthirst. Where tens of sorcerers invoked the name of Tzeench, casting arcane powers, now thousands walk, their power darkening the skies. Where small groups of Slaaneshii slaughtered, driven to ecstasy, now battalions march, their perversion driving mortal men insane. Where only few squads of Nurgles plague sons walked, their diseases poisoning the air, now uncountable armies march, bringing endless death, as even the earth brakes under their feet. The Despoiler planned this, now it’s his time to strike. The imperium besieged from all sides, each enemy requiring more than entire might of what can be given, they can’t win this battle. The Despoiler has at least nine legions of astartes. Black legion, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Death Guard, Emperors Children, Night Lords, Alpha Legion. And his ally Blacheart has his legion of Red Corsairs. For hundreds if not thousands of years these legions grew impossibly huge. Not caring about their purity, not having a tithe, they increased to tens of millions. Endlessly increasing armies of cultists and traitor guard march with them bringing endless destruction. Deamons rip to realspace with every death, bringing even more of it, slaughtering enemies easily and endlessly.
>>
And now is the time of the end. The Imperium would have already fallen. Even the first assault was incredibly brutal the only reasons, that the empire is still holding are the genius of a general that is leading the Cadian regiments, and Necron and Eldar support. Only with this, the Imperium endures, but even so the Despoiler advances. Nothing can and will stop him, that’s why we joined him, on this crusade. We will get our homeworld back from loyalist dogs. And then the Legion of Scelus will rise again.
And so you ask if the Despoiler is a fool? The fools are those, who didn’t hunt him down millennia ago. For he is the reason the Imperium shall fall.” The captain turned around and started walking, his steps, the only sound echoing in the silent corridors.
>>
File: abaddon-arms.jpg (33 KB, 300x368) Image search: [Google]
abaddon-arms.jpg
33 KB, 300x368
>>46050641
Okay, but how's he gonna beat the Imperium with no arms?
>>
>Abbadon was only pretending to be retarded
>>
ONLY

PRETENDING
>>
>>46050641

Does it really matter?

Like, think about it. Does it actually REALLY matter? Abbadon has, as we understand it, unlimited forces and all the time in the universe.

The Imperium has to win EVERY time. He only has to win once.
>>
File: 1315087551872.gif (40 KB, 279x325) Image search: [Google]
1315087551872.gif
40 KB, 279x325
>>46050641
>>46050644
>>46050657
>Abaddon
>having any influence or army strong enough to destroy Imperium
adorable, just adorable
>>
>>46050641

>Despoilers plans were never to win, if he wanted, he could have crushed segmentum pacificus, solar and tempestus during his first crusade

haah waaw
>>
>>46050899
it reads like one of those bitter shit-talking after a lost CS:GO matches
>i could have killed u all if i rely wanted
>>
File: 1397161142726.jpg (24 KB, 309x253) Image search: [Google]
1397161142726.jpg
24 KB, 309x253
>>46050641
>>46050644
>>46050657

>more just as planned
>stupidly bloated numbers

Chaoswank, everyone!
Nothing new nor interesting to see here.
>>
I always thought he did pretty well for someone with no arms. Are you one of the guys that goes into the cancer wing at children's hospitals and yells at kids to get jobs?
>>
Well he's about to get his shit kicked in for good when Russ and Corax return from the eye of terror.
>>
I don't see how having the leader of the Chaos faction actually be a threat is a bad thing.
>>
Said this before: Abaddon is a bad General, but that doesn't make him a bad villain. He's extremely physically imposing in person, capable of bullying a large horde of warbands into following him, and if his crusades are bearing down on your world that's fucking terrifying.

And really, that's all we need from him.
>>
>>46050969
I imagine getting the warbands to follow orders is hell.
>>
File: tantrum hole.jpg (106 KB, 1000x504) Image search: [Google]
tantrum hole.jpg
106 KB, 1000x504
>humans exist as the single greatest source of power and new worshippers for the Chaos Gods

>implying the Warmaster of Chaos would actually want all of mankind to fall to Chaos

Reminder that if Humanity fell to Chaos in its entirety it would go extinct, robbing the Gods of their greatest assets. To them Emps is a 5th (or 6th depending on whether Malal is or is not retconned this month) Chaos God worshipped by hordes of followers. Hell, you could even see Emps is the greatest of the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>46050963
There's being a threat:
>chaos general launched a dozen of crusades each causing great damage and further gaining resources despite not being able to annhilate the imperium

and then there's being a threat:
>It was all a ruse, I could have destroyed everything immediately but I didn't want to end it too soon
>also I've got a hundred times more marines than you, endless daemons, uncountable cultists and enough plot armor to teleport behind you and stab the golden throne to begin the age of emperor.
>>
If he was a failure, he wouldn't have taken the blackstone fortresses.

are various author's attempts to make Abaddon "more of a threat" failures? Yes.
>>
>>46050641
>Sons of Malice
>joining Abaddon

pick one
>>
>>46051060
>are various author's attempts to make Abaddon "more of a threat" failures? Yes.
At least they still haven't reached archaon's level of stupidity.

But I fear they soon will
>>
>>46051022
Maybe you should actually read what was stated rather than make up your own bullshit. He never said he would destroy EVERYTHING but that he could have done more in the short term but it would have costed him victory in the long term
>>
>>46050873
>>46050926

Well it is canon that his forces dwarf anything Horus ever commanded.
>>
>>46051072
they made The beast's orks into diplomats and made the humans outnumber orks
they have surpassed it.
>>
>>46051252
I doubt that. Horus had half the Primarchs, Legions, Imperial Army and AdMec at the height of the Imperium under his command.
>>
>>46051272
He didn't have exactly half of all the forces.
>>
>>46050641
God I hate how they attempted to make him more badass but just made him into an edgy youtube comment chain
>psssh... it was a hologram
>>
>>46051591
>>
>>46050926
>bloated numbers
>for a threat to a galaxy-wide empire
If anything "millions" is miniscule. Even Trillions would be small for this purpose.
>>
Abaddon is a joke, and he looks stupid, to boot.

Hive mind and Ghazghkull are much better candidates for biggest villain of 40k.
>>
>>46050969
>Said this before: Abaddon is a bad General,

You said it before but you are wrong.

If you are who I think you are, then you are the essence of retardation.

Your claim that Abaddon was bleeding resources in those campaigns and presented nothing to back up your case.

What actually in the fluff, in nearly all CSM codexes, it says Abaddon achieved his objectives and increased the power of his armies with each assault on the Imperium. So nobody with a brain would say he is a bad general.

What the world need from you is to stop being a retard.
>>
>>46051272
Well, don't. Horus never commanded the full fury of Chaos.
>>
>>46052550
He's a bad general in the sense that his ultimate plan took too long to complete and now he's going to get gangraped by tyranids and necrons
>>
>>46051069
>Night Lords
>joining Abaddon

Maybe if he promises them not to hurt their navigator waifu's.
>>
>>46052589
>he's going to get gangraped by tyranids and necrons
Don't forget the ultimate WAAAGH! that the orks are setting up.
>>
>>46051258
Fuck the Abaddon trolling for a minute. I want to engage this degenerate anon.

>they made The beast's orks into diplomats

True or false. Has the Orks not asked worlds and entire races to submit to them in the fluff? Yes, they did, you moron. Ork sending envoys to deliver messages to their victims was always a thing in the fluff.

Ork mercs negotiate with their employers.

>made the humans outnumber orks

Context, you moron.

One of the High Lord miss Tull was the leader of the Imperil Church. She came up with the plan of having the pilgrims, citizens, and Imperial Guard on Terra and in the Sol System do a one mad zealous bum rush at the Orks hold up in the Attack Moon.

You don't need to be a mathematician to know that a millions of Orks on a single planetoid structure wouldn't outnumber the billions of humans inside the most important system in the Imperium.

This all proves that /tg/ is populated by outrage monkeys who don't read the material.
>>
>>46052511
dis nigga knows whats up. For me at least, Chaos is a boring threat, it had it's time in 30K so it would be nice if it could sit in it's time out space and let the more interesting factions take the limelight.
Hell, I play Eldar and I think the tyranids need to be
>the
big threat.
>>
>>46050641
>Pic
So are his limbs all contained in the torso of that terminator armor controlling it, like some kind of mech, or is his body as stretched out as that image implies?

Because if it is that's a seriously disproportionate body.
>>
>>46052666
The way I see it, the final battle for the galaxy will be between the Orks and the Tyranids. None of the other factions have the chance to survive.
>>
>>46052589
>He's a bad general in the sense that his ultimate plan

Moving the goalposts eh? It's called the Long War for a reason.

You think assembling a force bigger than anything Horus ever commanded and winning the favour of the Chaos Gods and becoming their Ascendant can be done in a few centuries? He started his journey with his three marines, anon. Just three.

You have no grounds to stand on with your case.

>ow he's going to get gangraped by tyranids and necrons

False.

The threat of the Necrons and Tyranids pale before the threat of Chaos and it's all thanks to Abaddon.
>>
>>46052727
>The threat of the Necrons and Tyranids pale before the threat of Chaos and it's all thanks to Abaddon.
???
What a joke, Abaddon's only really a threat to the imperium. Even if he managed to get all the way over to terra and kill Big E himself, all he'd do is cut off some of the onyl defenses from some of the biggest threats in the galaxy.

You must never forget that Chaos was nothing but the result of the War In Heaven, which was a battle between the Necrons, Orks, Eldar and Old Ones. And if a certain theory proves true, the Tyranids are the final creation of the Old Ones.

Plus, Abaddon is such an idiotic shit he let himself be manipulated by the Deciever, who isn't even a full god anymore!
>>
>>46052727
I'm not shifting the goalposts because I'm not that anon.
>You think assembling a force bigger than anything Horus ever commanded and winning the favour of the Chaos Gods and becoming their Ascendant can be done in a few centuries? He started his journey with his three marines, anon. Just three
Doesn't matter why it took so long, all that matters is that he took his sweet time and now two races that can't be corrupted are coming straight for Abby's ultimate prize
>The threat of the Necrons and Tyranids pale before the threat of Chaos and it's all thanks to Abaddon.
Nice meme.
Necrons can\t die unless they're completely vaporized, and Tyranids can just keep on spawning if there's bio matter, and neither of them can be corrupted like humans were.
All in all, he's fucked.
>>
>>46052727
>Abaddon makes a post.png
>>
>People actually think Tzeentch will let Abby win
I think some people have forgotten the definition of "Chaos."
>>
>tfw skubmar's dead so he has to drag himself back to 40k for attention
>>
>>46052822

This. Abby is even as the chosen of the gods nothing but another piece for the great game.
>>
>>46052770
Are you guys from /v/ by any chance? Because the lack of fluff knowledge is just precious.

No, Chaos is a threat to the Imperium and the whole galaxy.

>Even if he managed to get all the way over to terra and kill Big E himself, all he'd do is cut off some of the onyl defenses from some of the biggest threats in the galaxy.

If the Emperor is killed, the galaxy will end. Chaos will destroy all reality. The fluff outright say this.

>Plus, Abaddon is such an idiotic shit he let himself be manipulated by the Deciever, who isn't even a full god anymore!

Except Abaddon is aware of the beings that are trying to manipulate him and he has used them to his advantage,

>>46052775
>I'm not shifting the goalposts because I'm not that anon.

Don't you dare lie.

>Doesn't matter why it took so long, all that matters is that he took his sweet time and now two races that can't be corrupted are coming straight for Abby's ultimate prize

It does matter because the Tyranids and Necrons present no obstacle to the Chaos Gods plans.

>Nice meme.

Fuck you. Read the fluff that's sprlled clearly in each rulebook since 4th ED. Chaos is the Greatest Threat. It's said clearly that the Xenos threat are nothing to it.

In just a minute, I think post sources.
>>
>>46052842
>>46052822
The Great Game demands that the galaxy ends.

It's like saying Tzeentch didn't want Archaon to win when in fact Archaon was the god who pushed Archaon the hardest to destroy the Old World.
>>
>>46052881
>If the Emperor is killed, the galaxy will end. Chaos will destroy all reality. The fluff outright say this.
>Except Abaddon is aware of the beings that are trying to manipulate him and he has used them to his advantage,
>mfw we nipped the troll in the bud
wew lad
>>
>>46052775
If all humanity falls to Chaos and the Galaxy devolves inyo a giant warp gate then those two are fucked. Tyranids won't eat warpstuff and even Necrons can't defeat an endless swarm of daemons.
>>
>>46052908
>The Great Game demands that the galaxy ends.
Ah! So you are a fan of the Age of Shitmar. Good to know that I can now discard all your opinions.
>>
File: The End.png (148 KB, 683x268) Image search: [Google]
The End.png
148 KB, 683x268
>>46052881
Posting lore for general, FYI.
>>
>>46052943
Nope, moron. I am just telling you what's in the fluff.

And the fluff says that the Chaos Gods want the galaxy destroyed.
>>
File: laff.gif (75 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
laff.gif
75 KB, 1200x1200
>implying the orks haven't already won
>in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war
>>
>>46052916
I have no idea what you are on about

But see (>>46052950).

If you have questions ask instead of making half assed comments that just makes you look like an idiot.
>>
>>46052997
And from what edition is the pic?
>>
>>46052983
Canonically, the Orks have no won.

Gork and Mork are pissed at the Orks for mucking about and forgetting their destiny to conquer the galaxy.
>>
Is this person... genuinely agreeing with GW's bullshittery? I thought people like this didn't exist?
>>
>>46052983
They're unhappy deep down anon
>>
>>46053009
5th ED, 6th ED, and 7th ED.

It's copy pasted from one edition to the next.

>>46053016
not won*
>>
>>46053032
>They're unhappy deep down anon
that's just 'cause they can never have enuff dakka
>>
>>46053016
Doesn't canon also state Gork 'n Mork are immeasurably powerful next to the Chaos Gods? I'd say that elevates any communion they have with an ork to an equally important tier
>>
>>46053019
>Anons spouts misinformation about the lore and genuinely believe it
>A gentleman anon corrects them and posts the actual fluff

Then a fuckwit anon strawman's him with no shame. A recourse of a coward that is.
>>
See, this is what's wrong with /tg/.

You're taking WH40K seriously when you are never, ever supposed to do that.
>>
>>46052708
>Orks and Tyranids
>Not Necrons and Tyranids

Chaos are written as the "big bad" but really haven't done any big shit for the past 10,000 years, once all the necrons awaken and the full hive fleet arrives, then the real battle begins, orks will probably still be around as a minor annoyance
>>
>>46053069
Gork n Mork are khorne and tzeentch as they appear to orks
>>
>>46053071
fuckin' samefag
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7098017
Remember to vote lads
>>
>>46053095
Orks just need a proper warboss on the level of Silent King, Hive Mind or at least chaos gods.
>>
File: The Greatest Threat 2.png (612 KB, 1326x296) Image search: [Google]
The Greatest Threat 2.png
612 KB, 1326x296
>>46053117
Shut up, you strawmanning coward and admit you were wrong.
>>
File: warmaster autismo.jpg (42 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
warmaster autismo.jpg
42 KB, 600x620
I'd probably like Abaddon more if he didn't look so mind-numbingly stupid.
>>
>>46053165
Under GW's skewed fluff, sure.

You gonna sing praise of the Ultramarines next, anon?

Red Corsairs best CSMs
>>
>>46053165
Try winning a crusade first, Abby.
>>
File: The Greatest Threat.png (66 KB, 1200x287) Image search: [Google]
The Greatest Threat.png
66 KB, 1200x287
>>46053165
>>
File: The greatest threat.png (23 KB, 544x339) Image search: [Google]
The greatest threat.png
23 KB, 544x339
>>46053192
He accomplished the objectives of nearly all his Crusades.

So.....

>>46053188
Are we suppose to full your headcanon, anon?

>>46053193
>>
>>46053162
So Ghazkghull?
>>
>>46053188
>Red Corsairs best CSMs
This guy. World Eaters scream "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!", Black Legion screams "DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR!", but the Red Corsairs? They scream "FUCK YOU!"
>>
>>46053222
follow*

Autocorrect please.
>>
>>46053222
>it's just a prank bro I totally meant to get 3/4s of my army killed
Where were you when Chaos was turned into a Youtube prank channel?
>>
>>46053282
Lucscious Lucius Prankz a best.
>>
>>46053222
>He accomplished the objectives of nearly all his Crusades.
When GW retconned him because they were sad that people were callign their COOL VILLAIN UWU a failure.

How does it feel being GW's yes man? You sound like you probably hate Rogue Trader with every fiber of your body.

Now, steering the topic to something less creator-worshipping, who do you guys think would be a good replacement for Abaddon as warmaster? I'd like Huron or Ahriman personally.
>>
>>46053308
Fabius is pretty badass. His goal is much cooler than Abby's generic ruin everything goal.

Do you think evil clone emperor would have a beard?
>>
>>46053165
This is obviously true. Chaos is the only threat which can't be beaten by simple military superiority. I read a (now abandoned) The Culture vs. 40K fanfic and Chaos is a threat even to something as high power-level as The Culture. The stronger you are the worse the consequences when you're corrupted.
>>
>>46053282
3/4 killed? I was here when retards pretended to have read the lore.

You don't increase the resources and manpower of your legions by getting them killed, anon. Get your head out of your ass. The Black Legion is the largest Chaos force in the galaxy and Abaddon founded it with just three marines.
>>
>>46053308
Little Horus, but he was invented 20 years after Rogue Trader.
Abaddon seems like the guy who would've gotten killed early in the Sons of Horus power struggle
>>
>>46053330
Abby's goal is to be dark Emperor though
>>
>>46053363
So yeah, generic ruin everything goal.

Fabius' goal is to clone his own dark emperor, who would be more stylish than Abaddon in every way.
>>
File: file.png (901 KB, 863x584) Image search: [Google]
file.png
901 KB, 863x584
>>46053307
>HOT primarch prank gone wrong (18+)
>>
>>46053308
>When GW retconned him because they were sad that people were callign their COOL VILLAIN UWU a failure.

False.

There has been no retcon. That's a lie by the meme crowd.

If you think there has been a retcon, then present proof. If you can't, then are a butthurt liar like rest.
>>
>>46053381
They're both ruin everything goals.
>>
>>46053381
>Fabius' goal is to clone his own dark emperor, who would be more stylish than Abaddon in every way.

Wrong.

His goal is to create the perfect human race. Which as generic as you get for mad scientists.
>>
File: LeSadFrogMeme.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
LeSadFrogMeme.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>itt Abbadon samefags all his posts
>>
>>46053405
Nope.
Abaddon just wants to ruin everything because he's got daddy issues up the bum.
Fabius wants to improve upon humanity, and usher in a new age of evolution
>>
>>46053363
A good question is how would the Dark Imperium be different than the regular Imperium.
>>
>>46053363
>Fabius' goal: Clone the Emperor
>Ahriman's Goal: breach the Black Library and become a god
>Typhus' Goal: Spread the gifts of Nurgle across the galaxy
>Shon'tu's Goal: Prove his status as the reincarnation of an ancient warlord
>Abaddon's Goal: TAKE OVER THE WORLD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

At least recognize how generic and unfun he is, man.
>>
>>46053412
>Tfw Fabius is the closer to completing the Emperors dream than any loyalist
>Tfw I have transcended the need for faces thanks to Fabius
>>
>>46053428
By cloning the emperor. Goal might be boring, but methods aren't/.

In any case, even if his mad scientist goal is generic, there's no way it can be more generic than Abbadon's.
>>
>>46053428
>Abaddon just wants to ruin everything because he's got daddy issues up the bum.

Wrong.

The fluff states that he got over Horus and that he desires to rule over mankind, not destroy them.

Where do you read your fluff? Seriously.
>>
>>46053434
It would be spikier?
>>
>>46053460
>The fluff states that he got over Horus and that he desires to rule over mankind, not destroy them.
>Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away.
Sounds like someone is mad that daddy didn't love him enough :^)
>>
>>46053460
>The fluff states that he got over Horus and that he desires to rule over mankind, not destroy them.
So he became even more generic. A feat I thought impossible.

Truly, Nurgle's touch of decay strengthens its grip on 40K's writers.
>>
>>46053434
they'd say DARK GREETINGS instead of hello
>>
>>46053434
It would not.
>>
>>46053436
>>Fabius' goal: Clone the Emperor

Wrong.

>>Ahriman's Goal: breach the Black Library and become a god

A puppet of Tzeentch and a constant proven failure. You said that Tzeentch won't let Abaddon get what he wants. That's false. However, It's true with Ahriman. Tzeentch have been shown to want to deny Ahriman.

>>Typhus' Goal: Spread the gifts of Nurgle across the galaxy

To earn daemonhood. Generic as fuck.

>>Shon'tu's Goal: Prove his status as the reincarnation of an ancient warlord

Filler villain for Be'lakor to play with.

>>Abaddon's Goal: TAKE OVER THE WORLD

Conquer humanity and lead them to a better and darker future. It's not a generic goal when it's so atypical for the rest of Chaos.
>>
File: file.png (378 KB, 515x541) Image search: [Google]
file.png
378 KB, 515x541
>>46053528
>It's not a generic goal
wew lad
>>
>>46053528
>To earn daemonhood
How has Typhus not done that a million times over?
>>
>>46053483
>>Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away.

>>46053448
His creations are unstable mutants with short lifespans. If you want to fanboy, read about the guy.

He is no closer to his goal but you can thank Abaddon for that.

Said it once and forgot about it after he eviscerated Horus's clone.

I don't think you understand what "got over" means.
>>
>>46053562
Let Abby rest. He had a bad crusade day.
>>
>>46053574
Nice try, but I ain't the Abby poster. Also they're shortli Ed because folks killed them. Not due to flaws.
>>
>>46053562
Compared to the rest of Chaos.

>>46053567
>Once a Librarian within the ranks of Mortarion’s Death Guard, the Sorcerer now called Porphyricus renounced his fealty to the Emperor along with the rest of his Legion and dedicated himself to the Chaos God Nurgle.

>Despite nearly 10,000 years in the service of Grandfather Nurgle, Porphyricus has barely received any favour from his patron. Frustrated and dismayed, Porphyricus resorted to ever-more depraved ways to draw the attention of the Great Corruptor. On Castix VIII he created a sorcerous plague that infected just one person at a time. When the infected Guardsman died the company medics thought the plague gone, only to find it return the next day. These peaks and troughs of hope and despair were Porphyricus’s gift to Nurgle, but they went unnoticed. During the Goanic Crisis, Porphyricus ruined an agri world with a single sorcerous conjuration. In the Battle of Withering Breach he reduced an entire Ork horde to mutated fungal spores. Porphyricus left the world to rot. Grandfather Nurgle smiled and enjoyed his servant’s despair.

>A rheumy eye peers out from Porphyricus’s shoulder pad. His ascension to Daemonhood (or descent into Spawndom) has finally begun.

The story of Porphyricus, one of his comrades, might explain why.
>>
My Chaos Lord's goal is to find a way to escape the service of Chaos/spite the Chaos Gods and or become a Chaos God and devour the Chaos Gods and their legions of daemons and destroy the universe. Does that make him typical compared to other Lords?
>>
>>46053606
The copy paste got missed up.

And no, they are short lived because their biology is all fucked up. I swear you don't actually read his fluff.
>>
Have we reached the point we can declare death of the author on GW yet?
>>
>>46053629
>become a Chaos God and devour the Chaos Gods and their legions of daemons and destroy the universe.

That's Be'lakor.

>My Chaos Lord's goal is to find a way to escape the service of Chaos/spite the Chaos Gods

That's Ushkar Mir.

Rare but it has been done before.
>>
File: 40Khead.jpg (657 KB, 2000x1473) Image search: [Google]
40Khead.jpg
657 KB, 2000x1473
>12 times he launches a crusade only to get beaten back
>13th crusade is bogged down and his fleet is defeated above Cadia

Seems like a failure to me
>>
Let's settle this in regards to personal taste.
http://strawpoll.me/7098262
>>
>>46053680
His crusades achieved their objectives and did damage to the Imperium. His legions grew bigger with each assault while the strength of the Imperium waned.

The current fluff of the 13th Black Crusade has him overrunning the surface of Cadia and smashing the defenders of the Cadian system aside to assault the sectors nearby the Cadian sector.

All and all, it has been a great Long War.
>>
>>46053730
Somehow, I am not impressed.
>>
>>46053483
>>Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away.

Forgetting that horus also had to fight humanitys loyal space marine legions and a god in human form
>>
>>46052665
>Ork sending envoys to deliver messages to their victims was always a thing in the fluff.

>race whose only purpose is to fight has diplomats, whose only purpose is to prevent fights
>>
>>46053730
>tries to destroy the empire
>can't even conquer anything but the neighbour's front lawn
>meanwhile creed is preparing to send the armless failure back into the eye of terror to sulk for a few more years while he shouts that it was all part of his master plan
>>
>>46053779
You don't have to be.

The Solar Priest, an aspect of the Emperor, foretold that Abaddon and his pals will be the death of the Emperor and the doom of the Imperium.
>>
>>46053730
So is he actually retarded or merely pretending to be?
>>
>>46053673
As far as my Lord is concerned as long as the Chaos Gods get a middle finger he's happy with any combination of his end game. Escaping the service of the Gods is probably difficult for him being partially daemonic.
>Rare but has happened before.
How rare are we taking about here? One in a trillion chance?
>>
>>46053852
Somehow, I am still not impressed.
>>
>>46053629
He seems like an okay guy.
>>
File: NGw9xHD.jpg (147 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
NGw9xHD.jpg
147 KB, 800x600
why is oldschool 40k fluff always better than modern 40k fluff?
pic related
>>
>>46053799
>>race whose only purpose is to fight has diplomats, whose only purpose is to prevent fights

Are you sayong Ork lore is stupid? I won't argue with that. Other than a chuckle or two, I don't like Ork fluff much.

>>46053825
Actually, he doesn't want to destroy the Imperium. He wants to rule it.

Also thousands of worlds were put to the flame in each Black Crusade and if you check the map of Black Crusade you will see that they traveled far and wide across the galaxy.

>creed

Creed? I don't get why people think he is a big hero. He fought Abaddon once in the retconned EoT campaign and he lost Cadia and was forced to retreat.
>>
>>46053891
Thanks.
>>
>>46053921
>Other than a chuckle or two, I don't like Ork fluff much.
>Likes Abaddon but hates Ork stuff
Holy shit! I've found it! The worst 40k fan in existence! I'm out, the stupidity has grown too much to bear!
>>
>>46053866
No, he is directing a successful campaign against the Imperium and that is something you are refusing to accept for reasons.

My guess is butthurt.

>>46053870
>How rare are we taking about here? One in a trillion chance?

Rare as in I just know two characters in the fluff that walk that path. In-verse, I don't imagine there are plenty people who want to piss off the Chaos Gods while being under their thrall.
>>
File: 1035.jpg (185 KB, 512x759) Image search: [Google]
1035.jpg
185 KB, 512x759
>>46052697
Kek
>>
>>46053951
Orks are boring and an overused joke that keeps getting told over and over in the same way.

Dark Eldar and Newcrons are funnier. Truefax.

But anyways, I didn't call their fluff stupid like you. So you must hate them more.
>>
>>46052492
The millions are just the marines though, the imperium has around a single million at best. It's no secret that without codex regulations the marine chapters could grow exponentially in a matter of decades, they had thousands of years
>>
>>46053977
>Rare as in I just know two characters in the fluff that walk that path
So it's a hell froze over type of deal. Good to know.
> In-verse, I don't imagine there are plenty people who want to piss off the Chaos Gods while being under their thrall.
That part comes when all the pieces fall into place. Until the the time arrived my ChaosLord will just have to wait.
>>
>>46053612
>a nurgle villain named after porphyria
Fuck sake, and I thought Epidemius was a bad name

"Hey guys, check out my sweet Plague Marine Sorceror, Diabetes Melliticus II"
>>
>>46053977
>successful
Lowering the bar for what constitutes a "crusade" does not turn it in to a success.

>Abaddon, why are we retreating?! The Imperium still stands, have we failed?
>No you fool, it was a rounding success!
>You mean–
>Yes, we successfully painted "CHAOS WAS HERE EMPS IS A LOSER" on a wall of a temple! Recall our endless hordes of daemons and recover the bodies of our fallen.
>[mirthless laughter intensifies]
>>
>>46054121
>arrives
Fixed.
>>46054205
Who was Diabetes Melliticus I?
>>
File: BlackCrusades3.jpg (226 KB, 1199x869) Image search: [Google]
BlackCrusades3.jpg
226 KB, 1199x869
>>46053921
>Actually, he doesn't want to destroy the Imperium. He wants to rule it
well aside from the whole "Let the Galaxy Burn " schtick maybe
>if you check the map of Black Crusade you will see that they traveled far and wide across the galaxy.
look at the red arrow , see how fucking far he got before this black crusade got stopped on cadia ?
and he lost Cadia and was forced to retreat.
except he hasn't and he didn't ?
>>
>>46054256
>Lowering the bar for what constitutes a "crusade" does not turn it in to a success.

Crusades can be about anything. Fucking shit simply or recovering stuff.

He achieved his objectives and built up his forces for the 13th Black Crusade which is the only Crusade meant to destroy the Imperium.
>>
So which Primarch is going to return and put Abbadon down? My money is on Omegon
>>
>>46054260
>Who was Diabetes Melliticus I?
A guy with autoimmune destruction of pancreatic loyalist cells, rather than his successors acquired hyposensitivity to loyalism

Realizing now thatI'm not very funny, and diabetes/40k humour might be too niche
>>
>>46054319
are you a parrot, because you keep spouting the exact same nonsense over and over
>>
>>46054372
I got a sensible chuckle out of it.
>>
MERELY
PRETENDING
>>
>>46054347
Abaddon will succeed in killing the emperor as prophesied, only to be assfucked by a billion new daemons as holy terra collapses upon itself and the Emperor ascends as the star child.

Just as planned.

I can't wait for abbyfag to get mad at this post.
>>
>>46054316
>well aside from the whole "Let the Galaxy Burn " schtick maybe

That's a line from Gors, not Abaddon.

And Even Horus wanted to rule the Imperium and the galaxy, idiot.

>look at the red arrow , see how fucking far he got before this black crusade got stopped on cadia ?

Are you an idiot? Why don't you read the fluff from the book the picture came from. The 13th Black Crusade is the only Crusade that's targetting Cadia specifically and it's still ongoing. Current fluff says he has the surface of the planet.

>and he lost Cadia and was forced to retreat.

Wrong.

>and he lost Cadia and was forced to retreat.

Read the Black Legion supplement.

>>46054374
Truth is the truth.

You on the other hand said nothing substantial or presented any fluff.
>>
>>46053629
>escape the service of Chaos/spite the Chaos Gods
Crimson Slaughter?

>become a Chaos God and devour the Chaos Gods and their legions of daemons and destroy the universe
Malal?
>>
>>46053116
Nah, ya git. Korn and Zench are Gork 'n Mork in da view of da spikey gits!
>>
File: Destroyer of Worlds.png (3 MB, 1333x1021) Image search: [Google]
Destroyer of Worlds.png
3 MB, 1333x1021
>>46054651
>implying

Archaon became a demigod who crushes universes between his fingers after he won.

You think GW would screw over Abaddon whom they cherish more than Archaon? I am more worried about my other favourite characters more.
>>
File: dark greetings.jpg (239 KB, 700x1147) Image search: [Google]
dark greetings.jpg
239 KB, 700x1147
>>46053514
>DARK GREETINGS
BRRRRROTHER
>>
>>46054712
From Horus*

>>46054716
>Crimson Slaughter?

They don't seek to escape their service to Chaos. They seek an end to the
>>
File: 1433814738393.jpg (84 KB, 1055x933) Image search: [Google]
1433814738393.jpg
84 KB, 1055x933
The community decided that abbadon won the 13th black crusade. GW ignored their fans, retconned the results and the lore went downhill from there. True believers in the dark gods know what happened that day.
>>
>>46054772
>They seek an end to the
Looks like they already managed it anon
>>
File: JUST_AS_PLANNED.png (60 KB, 493x143) Image search: [Google]
JUST_AS_PLANNED.png
60 KB, 493x143
>>46054751
>>
How does Abbadon spin the Black Crusades to all his other commanders?
>Listen guys, I know you want revenge on the Emperor and all his kin. OK, this Black Crusade is heading NOWHERE near Terra. Join me or else.
>Oh, I also don't expect you, or more accurately, don't WANT you to win. Long War and all, guys.

>>46054772
>They seek an end to the
rest of your post, apparently. May their search bear fruits.
>>
I WAS
MERELY PRETENDING
TO BE A RETARD
>>
>>46054766
>>except he hasn't and he didn't ?

What the fuck your post was about.

I said his Black Crusade travelled far and wide. The map shows this.

Then you came along and said that 13th Black Crusade was stopped at Cadia and it was forced to retreat. Hasn't and didn't what? The war is still ongoing. The 13th Black Crusade hasn't been stopped. You would know this if you read the supplement the picture is from.
>>
>>46054829
>>46054797
Their ghostly curse*

>How does Abbadon spin the Black Crusades to all his other commanders?

Their commanders are not idiots like you. They named their war THE LONG WAR. They know the fall of the Imperium isn't going to happen in a single day. In the meantime, they are happy to spread destruction and earn the favor of the gods at the expense of the hated Imperium.
>>
I miss rogue trader.

>>46054915
>Their commanders are not idiots like you.
Resorting to name calling, have we?
>>
File: bfg finale.png (792 KB, 687x1100) Image search: [Google]
bfg finale.png
792 KB, 687x1100
>>46054793
>The community decided that abbadon won the 13th black crusade.
technically it was a minor chaos victory, but technically chaos lost pretty much everything in space, which is kind of a death sentence for a galactic invasion force

>>46054765
/swg/ has made it impossible for me to take the "Dark Imperium" even somewhat seriously. What a goofy name.
>>
>>46054857
>You
>Your post
>You came along
>You would know this

I talked about the guy who wrote the post in the third person, why do you think I'm him?

I assumed the last part of his post was saying that the rest of it was heavy sarcasm. Then I realised that the last part of his post was referring to Creed, not Abaddon. Realising my post was invalid, I then deleted it, before noticing you'd replied to it anyway, so have this clarification.
>>
>>46054933
You deserve it.

You asked a stupidest question in history and that's saying something.

>Herp Why do fanatics who are addicted to destruction and bloodshed and who are given daemonic incentive to pursue their darkest desires want to jump at the chance to inflict great suffering and death on the hated Imperium Derp?
>>
>>46052657
I doubt anything ever could hope to eclipse Ullanor orks (shooting lots of plasma, the size of battle automata, wrestled the emperor) or The Beast waagh!, whis is stated to dwarf Ullanor's.
>>
>>46054993
That's rude.

Introduce yourself before jumping into a conversation, anon.
>>
>>46054995
Nice job, that wasn't me.
>>
>>46055013
Ghaz is the chosen of Gork and Mork and can sense Orks all over the galaxy.

He can psychically direct his Waaaagh! and other Waaagh! across the galaxy with his mind.

I doubt the Beast had this ability.
>>
>>46055022
Yet another reason for deleting my post anon

Nice dubs :^)
>>
>>46055044
We have eight more books for them to pull something out of their asses.
>>
>>46055069
>the beast was an old one all along.
>>
>>46055069
Who;s to say that the Beast didn't start out Ghaz tier and became huger and huger as he curried more favor from Gork 'n Mork? Perhaps Ghaz is also on the track to becoming a city-block sized super ork.
>>
>>46055079
>the beast is actually one of the missing primarchs
>the beast is the emperor
>the beast is malcador
>the beast is a c'tan
>the beast is
I don't know why they decided to start a new trainwreck before finishing their first one.
>>
>>46055126
>The beast was matt ward
>>
>>46055133
the beast didn't exist in second edition, so that's impossible

>the beast is Tom Kirby
>>
>>46055163
The beast is m00t
>>
>>46055044
>I can read your hand for $5, I doubt The Beast had this ability
All orks know how to do that, ya git! Dat's how we know where da gud fight is at!
And if the Beast is city-block sized, then e has lived and achieved waaaay more than what Ghazzy has.
And it was not enough.
It was enough, The Beast won, he's the new Emperor and the Alpha Legion, Cypher and Abaddon are trying to kill him
>>
>>46055187
>It turns out was a kommando boss and the "emperor" was just a really good cardboard disguise
>The Imperium's faith powers are actually the result of his WAAAGH field
>>
>>46053866
He's retarded, but that was ackshually his hologram. The real Abby is standing right behind you, ready to backstab.
>The 13th Black Crusade wasn't stopped on Cadia early on. Creed simply Scouted the whole planet forwards.
>>
File: 1d4BJDM_700wa_0.gif (996 KB, 360x176) Image search: [Google]
1d4BJDM_700wa_0.gif
996 KB, 360x176
>>46055246
'Ave you eva seen a purpul Empuhror? Course not ya git!
>>
>>46054093
Good thing the most loyal chapter to ever grace his imperial majestys world's the Dark Angel's stay vigilant with their 500000000 """""""""successor chapters"""""""" and are totally loyal guys
>>
>>46055272
Creed is a failure, though.
>>
>>46054712
Chaos fleets got spanked by the Imperial Navy, sempai. Doesn't matter if he won on Cadia, the Imperium can just drop rocks on him.
>>
The beast pdfs where nigga where
>>
>>46055370
EOT was retconned, anon. None of that happened, baka

The current fluff from the recent novels and rulebooks has him taking over the surface of Cadia and pushing forward to the neighbouring sectors.
>>
File: here comes the shitposter.webm (3 MB, 640x350) Image search: [Google]
here comes the shitposter.webm
3 MB, 640x350
>>46055351
>>
>>46055397
>The current fluff from the recent novels and rulebooks has him taking over the surface of Cadia and pushing forward to the neighbouring sectors.
once again, can we finally cite death of the author on GW?
>>
>>46055402
It's true.

He fought Abaddon only once and it was in the EoT campaign. He failed and was forced to retreat.
>>
>>46055419
No.

But you are free to adopt whatever headcanon you want.
>>
>>46055425
>He failed
yabs didn't get the gate. Even the most liberal interpretation of the events can't call it a victory

but creed's got the same problem as abaddon. More meme than man, and any attempt to justify him falls flat.
>>
>>46055454
Yea, I'm citing death of the author. GW has shat itself from its own stupidity and you're playing in their shit.
>>
>>46055483
>yabs didn't get the gate

Thanks to the Navy, not the Cadians. On the ground, Creed and the Cadians got wrecked. Which mystifies me. Why is he so beloved and lionized when his only major battle against the traitor legions ended with his defeat.
>>
>>46054712
there is no need for insults especially when it makes you look extra bad because you are wrong

i read the black legion suplement just now , nowhere does it mention creed has fled cadia or that cadia was lost

as it stands it's part chaos , part imperial controlled
he has part of the surface , not the whole surface
>>
>>46055556
>Thanks to the Navy, not the Cadians
Joint effort, man. Remember they'd been eating blackstone death from day one and not getting killed for the duration of the war. Given the events in Gothic, that's no small feat.

>Why is he so beloved
because unlike abaddon, his memes were positive

but the two of them are completely generic (grr gruff commander dude with a cigar and grr big black evil man wanting to conquer the universe) and merely there to drive the events for the more interesting minor characters to play around in.
>>
>>46055556
It didn't end in defeat. Cadia tarpitted Abaddon, and did you really wanted Cadia, a single planet, defeat a Black Crusade on its own?
Both sides have allies rushing to renforce them, but for the time being the Imperium just won the space battle, and should already be bombarding the traitor's lines.
Or what, did you think the only way Creed wasn't "a failure" was to beat Abaddon in melee?
He's not a space marine, he's just Churchill in spess.
He stalled chaos, and that's the beginning of their defeat. But I guess chaos teleported behind me and ba-
>>
>>46055483
>any attempt to justify him falls flat.
he's patton in fucking space , what more justification do you need ?
he isn't afraid to lead from the front and is like a father to his men
>>
>>46055631
/tg/ is still 4chan, be prepared for the mud-flinging, you idiot, and disregard any insults or accusations of autism.
After all, the argument only ends until someone is called "a nazi". It's just a matter of time...
>>
>>46055631
Except you are the wrong one here and you are the one being dumb so insults are needed.

>i read the black legion suplement just now , nowhere does it mention creed has fled cadia or that cadia was lost

Good for you. How about the other sources?

How about you read the recent Ragnar Blackmane novel where it's stated that the source is lost.

Furthermore. FW Armour of the Lost and the Damned clearly says that the Defenders of Cadia were smashed aside.

As it stands, Cadia belongs to Abaddon.
>>
>>46050641
You only fail if you stop trying.
>>
>>46055657
>It didn't end in defeat. Cadia tarpitted Abaddon, and did you really wanted Cadia, a single planet, defeat a Black Crusade on its own?

Chaos won on the ground and Cadia is the second most defended point in the Imperium.

He failed and was losing hope. It took him remembering Eldrad's words for him ti restore his morale.
>>
>>46055731
Also if you die

Like a bitch

Looking at you "Got wiped out of existence" Horus
>>
>>46055752
what words?
>>
>>46055721
surface was lost*
>>
>>46055721
>tell me to Read the Black Legion supplement.
>acts like a condescending prick when i tell him its not in there
fucking hell are you on the spectrum mate?
>>46055711
yep you're right anon, i just wanted this to stay a civil discussion about the fluff but the guy clearly has issues
should have just stuck to the insults in the first place
>>
>>46055767
DON'T STOP BELIEVIN'. HOLD ON TO THAT FEELIN'
>>
>>46055339
Those are already included in the million
>>
>>46055799
>fucking hell are you on the spectrum mate?

Are you a moron? You said Abaddon was forced to retreat and leave Cadia. I told you to read the Black Legion supplement because that is not present in there.
>>
>>46055827
there's going to be more than a million, anyways. Codex doesn't count headquarters and armory staff.
>>
>>46055731
He has been trying for 10k years, man. Enough is enough.
>Chaos won on the ground
'Ere, 'ave a taste
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/13th_Black_Crusade#Darkness_Descends_-_A_Limited_Chaos_Victory
The thing is currently locked in a "it's not over yet, snake!" for both sides.
>>
>>46050641
I just realized why I like Archaon better than Abaddon.

Archaon actually looks good.
>>
>>46055889
Can't wait to see what CA do to him.
>>
>>46055854
One and a half million at best, including any chapter going over codex regulations and assuming that under strength chapters are so few that they can be disregarded?
>>
>>46055874
>He has been trying for 10k years, man. Enough is enough.

Trying what? for 10K years he has been spending it as preptime for the 13th Black Crusade.

Cadia is already in his clutches going by the new lore. The next phase of his master plan is in motion. Once the pylons on Cadia are destroyed, there will be no going back.

Nearly all famous seers in galaxy including the Emperor himself foresee Abaddon's final victory.
>>
>>46055889
I always felt that his model would be much better if you just gave him a chaos terminator helmet, but I never owned them so never tried
>>
>>46055899
Given the most recent sponsored art of him still keeps the silly fucking ponytail bullshit, probably nothing good.

He looks more like an ork than a chaos marine with that fucking hair, good god.
>>
File: _ArchaonEverchosen.jpg (42 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
_ArchaonEverchosen.jpg
42 KB, 600x620
>>46055889
Old Archaon or new Archaon?
>>
>>46055944
At least new Archaon at least still has a cool helmet.

The monster is a bit silly though, looks much more intimidating with just a horse. Then again, GW seems to think "the bigger a thing is, whether it be story size or actual character size, is cooler!!!!"

I miss when Warhammer was just an ominous, regular-sized fantasy world beset by evil beings...
>>
>>46054372
I quite liked it Anon.
made me blow air from my nose at an accelerated speed
>>
>>46055914
probably two million

there's a lot of space marine tanks, planes, ships, medics, skullmen, librarians, captains, command staff and honor guard. More importantly though, they have the codex astartes. It's really no contest.

>>46055927
It does look better with one of the old termi heads slapped in there, but his model's seriously dated now.
>>
>>46055929
I was talking about the everchosen
>>
>>46056037
Oh, sorry then. I'm holding out hopes, even though knowing the GW bullshit already going into it, it's a fool's hope.
>>
>>46052950
1. Chaos propaganda just like OP
2. the hivemind and orks can be protected against the warp because of WAAAG energy and the hiveminds psychic presents just like humanity is protected by Emps
>>
>>46056119
>orks
I bet if Chaos ever succeeded in their goal Gork 'n Mork would just scoop up the other works and take them all to Orkhalla.

That reminds me, in a hypotethical situation, how terrifying would an ork "daemon" world be? an entire world or pure WAAAGH!stuff
>>
>>46056141
>Ork-infested world that can't be exterminatus'd
It'd he horrifying
Possibly the end of everything
>>
>>46056119
False.

Orks and Tyranids have been mutated or corrupted by Chaos.

>>46056141
Gork and Mork got beaten up by Archaon in AoS.
>>
>>46056119
Pretty sure necrons still can cut-out normal world from warp completely too.
>>
>>46056182
>Tyranids have been mutated or corrupted by Chaos.
Tyranids? When? The entire "shadow in the warp" should cut that off.

Fantasy Gork and Mork aren't even comparable to WH40k Gork and Mork dude.

I also don't expect there to ever be an "end times" style event for 40k. There'd be no need to space marine-ify something already full of space marines.
>>
I remember when the Necrons and Tyranids were badass ultra-threats of their own merit instead of being jobbers for chaos.

Of course, since GW is on an endless crusade of creative sterility, it is no surprise they have changed both.
>>
>>46056212
>Tyranids? When? The entire "shadow in the warp" should cut that off.

Hive Fleet Ouroboros.
>>
>>46056265
Ouroboros was chaos? I thought that was just Tyranids misattributed to Chaos. Especially since they were first revealed in 4th ed, when the Tyranids were still so huge they were bigger than the galaxy itself.
>>
>>46055848
i was quoting your words on creed
>>
>>46056233
Where did necrons job apart from having no Deceiver and Nightbringer around to bitch slap chaos gods?
>>
>>46056265
Ouroboros wasn't chaos, you asshole, it were some Tyranids that were mistaken for Daemons sicne the rest of the Tyranids hadn't shown up yet.
>>
>>46055397
If that only exists in the Chaos codex, I'm not convinced.
>>
>>46050747

Ahhh. Unilateral disarmament. A classic blunder.
>>
>>46050937

I say that to campus feminists. That's a little like kids with cancer, isn't it?
>>
>>46056265
>Hive Fleet Ouroboros.
You misinterpreted Ouroboros to the extreme, then. it was just a scout fleet sent ahead of all the others that ended up in the eye of terror. because it was in the eye of terror, everybody assumed they were fancy new daemons instead of a new xenos threat. All the traits of Ouroboros are normal for Tyranids. They vomit themselves from their own bodies all the time.
>>
>>46056352
I said mutated or corrupted. Hive Fleet Ouroboros was mutated by the Warp, idiot.

And in Shadowbrink, Daemons mutated tyranids to death.
>>
>>46056389
I did not. People claimed that "Shadow of the Warp" and the Waaagh! effect protects Tyranids from the dangers of the Warp.

In reality, they don't.
>>
>>46056358
Of course, otherwise you wouldn't have a case.

But...this comes from an Imperial novel so get rekt.
>>
>>46056393
>Hive Fleet Ouroboros was mutated by the Warp, idiot.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ouroboros

are you thinking of some other Ouroboros?
>>
>>46051060

Of the three black stones, only one even still remains. The Eldar and Necrons blew up two
>>
>>46056458
IIRC, the full context of the codex says that the Hive fleet was subjected to mutation and cannibalism.
>>
>>46052881
>Since 4th edition.
If you count that abomination of a codex as canon I swear...

Everyone knows there is only the 3.5 Codex.
>>
>>46056443
>still no sauce
s t e p i t u p f a m
>>
>>46056420
>Human is corrupted by chaos
>converts a cult, betrays the Imperium

>Ork is corrupted by chaos
>other orks stomp him flat and aren't bothered by it for another hundred or more years

Old ones only had one success.
>>
>>46056464
>The Eldar and Necrons blew up two

In the retconned EoT.

As of the new lore, he still has them all.
>>
>>46051060
If he wasn't a failure, he wouldn't have been tricked into doing the Deceiver's dirty work.
>>
Where does this idea that the Tyranids aren't the biggest threat come from?

Did GW decide to be a bunch of pussies and make it so that Leviathan is the main force instead of one of the scout fleets? I've only recently gotten back into 40k because the Skitarii models are sick.
>>
>>46056508
I already stepped up, baka. I mentioned the sources in this very thread.

The recent Ragnar Blackmane novel and FW Armour of the Damned and Lost.
>>
>>46056528
Tricked? Anon, stop being an idiot.

He benefited the most from the Gothic War. He claimed the Blackstone fortresses, the Hand of Darkness. and the Eye of Night.

Which he used to secure the allegiance of Mort and Ahriman, and strengthen his forces.
>>
>>46056420
They will in time.

You seem to have forgotten the Tyranids' greatest strength. If they haven't already assimilated the Blank gene into a fleet or two, they will eventually.
>>
>>46056602
Chaos isn't good enough and can't win wars, so Abaddon has to win by waiting for writers to go back and expunge his previous defeats. Gotcha.
>>
>>46056602
How wonderful. And he just so happened to destroy, what, 4/6 of a series of weapons that just might have been able to kill c'tan. Good job, Abby. You sure showed your most powerful enemy there.
>>
>>46056602
>He claimed the Blackstone fortresses
Under the Deceiver's manipulations.

What's that handsome, tentacle-headed bastard planning anyways?
>>
>>46056182
I said they had form of protection like the Emps, not that they can't be corrupted. The biggest threat to the galaxy is probably who ever wins on Octarius because if the Nids manage to then they will have eaten all the Orks or at least most of them. If the Orks win then Ghazghkull will have a huge army and will be able to do enough fighting to get huge.
>>
>>46056498
Tyranids turning on themselves when their leaders get offed is nothing new. And I don't think them being mutated (beyond the normal gribblyness) is ever mentioned in the full story. It's a flowery myth.

>>46056464
Yeah but even if he (seriously) fucked up in defending them later, he did manage to get them in the first place. It's something.

I mean sure he failed to conquer the gothic sector like he originally intended, but give him a break he's got to practice for the paralympics.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.