[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Erfworld breaking its own rules?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1
Ok, now that archons have clearly passed through 2 different Capital portals, what the hell is going on?

If charlie fucked with his own portal how the fuck did it affect GKs?

also who wants to see Jojo & Ivan Poes trials and execution?
After causing this violation of magic kingdom neutrality, a multi side massacre, and casting on an unknowing and unwilling party to cause it, they have no recourse

Also who wants the mass revival of all the downed casters?
It can be justified thusly:
"GK didn't start these hostilities. We can revive them easily. They can remain in your service (at a small fee, or through some deal) they will be required for some link ups, but will remain mostly autonomous. We are sorry for your loss, and would like to help. Choose quickly, otherwise this opportunity will be gone by the next day"
>>
>>45934936
Is this the new Goblins of /tg/?
>>
>>45935231
>new
>>
>>45934936
Angels are likely created partially using Carnymancy so that portals treat them as casters. Remember, they're Charlie's creations and he's loathe to accept any law.

Also remember that it was only one very special, fated Archon which actually managed to escape through a Portal. She probably survived much in the way Parson did, despite not being a caster.

GK would never be allowed to Decrypt the free casters (or any aligned casters) in the Magic kingdom
>It can be justified thusly
No, it cannot. Nobody wants a Decrypted caster, seeing as they owe absolute loyalty to GK, which has broken truces before, and essentially provides an enemy faction one of your assets. Better to let them depop and be done with it.

GK will probably spill the beans to Don King, who will likely deliver them to Jetstone.
Ivan Poe & Co. will likely be seized by Charlie, or escape to a permanent job with him.
The Magic kingdom is forever soiled by bloodshed and murder, and its use becomes much less popular, with only unaligned casters who have nowhere else to go staying there.

An important question right now, is how much do they want to share about Charlie to all other factions, and whether the Great Minds have decided to openly state their hostility to Chalie.
>>
>>45934936
Archons may count as casters, like a lot of Parson's "hacks" it may have been that nobody had ever tried having an Archon go through a portal before. They're expensive units after all, what kind of idiot would sacrifice them for a science experiment?

Jojo and Ivan won't be tried. They're going to be on one side of a MK civil war, with the Hippiemancers and Thinkamancers on the other.

And with Wanda incapacitated and the Pliers back in Jetstone i don't see her being able to reach any of the casters before they decay even if people wanted them revived.

Marie may be an exception, since it looks like Janis is attending to her body and may preserve it.
>>
>>45935375
>Angels

You are ignoring
1 "Love" for the downed units
2 The publicly known ability for Decrypted units to change loyalty
3 The offering was a Courtesy

The existence of Guns, manufactured by charlie, and their use in this massacre will cause the faction alliance regardless if the great minds previous position

>>45935506
Charlie already knew Archons could pass through his portal, and so would the Archons who entered the portal

Wanda Is not Incapacitated, shes just detained, and not even formally, also the portals Still work you know, she would be gone and back with the pliers in 2 seconds
>>
>>45934936
Wait one of the Beans survived?
>>
>>45935566
Even then, GK would never offer such a thing.
This entire mess started because Charlie got ahold of one of the decrypted, and was going to try and figure out how to corrupt/sever their connection to the Arkenpliers.

Putting one of them in the hands of someone who could easily have them stolen by Charlie is a BAD move
>>
>>45935590
That would make even more enemies for charlie
Also as we have seen wanda would kick charlies ass Like she did with the fucking captured archon
And even if he could sever the connection without a fight they wouldn't defect to charlies side

Still a win win, your "downside" isn't really a problem
>>
>>45934936

The penultimate goon comic.
>>
>>45934936
>Ok, now that archons have clearly passed through 2 different Capital portals, what the hell is going on?
>If charlie fucked with his own portal how the fuck did it affect GKs?

We know that non-casters trying to enter the MK through a portal get disbanded, but we don't know if it happens when they try to exit the MK. The answer may be that they can't usually enter but can leave through any portal without a problem.

Bonnie must have known this because she grabbed the Arkenpliers and fled straight through GKs portal so it's obviously something Charlie discovered.
>>
>>45936028
Or she was assuming that even if it did croak her, the Pliers would still get through the Portal.

The main thing I took from this is that Artemis was an idiot and I'm glad she's gone for good.
>>
>>45936357

She could have just thrown them through the portal in that case. She knew her intelligence was valuable so if she thought she'd disband I think she be more likely to through them through and then try and survive the battle rather than committing suicide.
>>
>>45936357
>Artemis was an idiot and I'm glad she's gone for good.

Isn't she the blond sitting next to the Bean?
>>
>>45936504
Nah, she got dusted, which is why Parson & Co. could ignore her order to stick around.
>>
I thought that the reason archons could pass through was because they had Juice and could do Thinkamancy.

In addition, I always thought that the reason what's-her-name got croaked as soon as she walked through the portal is because all the casters there blasted her immediately.
>>
>>45936520
Couldn't they do that if she was just knocked out?

she didn't even poof when she went down
>>
>>45936549
I don't think so.
Well, unless Duty compelled them.
Which is a possibility.
>>
>>45936556
you asserted she got dusted
>>45936520
>she got dusted

she did not
http://archives.erfworld.com/Book+3/137

Her bow broke tho

she is the only curly blond, in a metal skirt, and is sitting next to the last Bean (who I also thought died)
She survived, sorry to say
>>
>>45935375

>GK will probably spill the beans to Don King, who will likely deliver them to Jetstone.

Not sure what Don King will do yet. Ben and Caesar will probably push to ransom them. Don probably wants to ice them. I can see possible friction here. Maybe even a coup.
>>
>>45936642
>Its just business
>>
>>45936642
They're going to cause the Don/Caeser situation to reach a head. Bonnie will probably try to help Caeser with a coup d'etat while Ben and Vinnie try to support Don King.

My prediction, Caeser becomes the new ruler of Translyvito and Vinnie winds up defecting to Faq
>>
>>45934936
>Ok, now that archons have clearly passed through 2 different Capital portals, what the hell is going on?
Evidently, portal block only going TO MK, going OUT is allowed for everybody.

(Also, they still block attacks through, that was definitely fucky thing with Charlie's)
>>
>>45936804
How does a coup d'etat work with erfworld royalty rules, and side ruler requirements? wouldn't that end his side?

Or do you just suggest that all Don's Warlords will simply just overrule him for his own good? at least until they pop another heir? do they already have a current heir?
>>
>>45936875

Coups happen. It results from low loyalty and when a ruler becomes detrimental to his/her own side. Don opting for vengeance over strengthening the depleting coffers could tilt this.
>>
>>45936875
Caesar is appointed Heir. He won't lose it if it's him who offs Don.

For general rules, it probably works by declaring their own side, forces switching to it and then having a fight for the cities.
>>
>>45936028
Yes, maybe it's one way, it only matters if you are going into the MK, not out.

Also about the bullets pinging off the portals earlier, most portals on the Capital side are against a wall, so I think that portals usually only have one side you can travel through, and the other side is solid and impenetrable - the bullets pinged off the back side.
>>
>>45936931
>if it's him who offs Don
It doesn't have to be him.
However since Don never leaves the capital, it'll probably have to be him.
>>
>>45934936
>Also who wants the mass revival of all the downed casters?
>It can be justified thusly:
>"GK didn't start these hostilities. We can revive them easily. They can remain in your service (at a small fee, or through some deal) they will be required for some link ups, but will remain mostly autonomous. We are sorry for your loss, and would like to help. Choose quickly, otherwise this opportunity will be gone by the next day"

Maybe if Wanda does it in a linkup with thinkamancer and dateamancers, she can strip the pliers loyalty and leave them as barbarian casters, and the Great Minds can verify it.

I wonder if Parson is going to become a Warlord consultant for TV in exchange for his freedom.

Also caster game in case anyone missed it:

ny portal in a storm

www.erfworld.com

Roll 2d22.

Two of the same number do not count

1: Findamancy
2: Predictamancy
3: Mathamancy
4: Turnamancy
5: Dollamancy
6: Weirdomancy
7: Dirtamancy
8: Changemancy
9: Dittomancy
10: Lookamancy
11: Moneymancy
12: Foolamancy
13: Flower Power
14: Signamancy
15: Date-a-Mancy
16: Shockmancy
17: Croakamancy
18: Hat Magic
19: Carnymancy
20: Rhyme-o-Mancy
21: Luckamancy
22: Healomancy

You are Chief Warlord of a side with these Two types of Casters and a Thinkamancer. How do you use your Linkups?
>>
Rolled 21 (1d22)

>>45937217
rollan
>>
Rolled 10 (1d22)

>>45937683
>>
>>45937683
>>45937692
All the powers of luckamancy wherever the lookamancer can see. So the luckamancer could fully charge by making all kinds of inconsequential garbage rolls all over the side simultaneously. You get maximized luckamancy where ever you want once per turn at no cost without any backlash.
>>
>>45936875
Stanley was able to pull one off. Since Translyvito has an heir it wouldn't freeze up if Don King croaked. Caeser would gain full control of the side.
>>
Rolled 2, 19 = 21 (2d22)

>>45937217
Titans bless me
>>
>>45938177
It seems I am what Charlie needs.
>>
Rolled 20, 2, 19 = 41 (3d22)

>>45937217
Just in case.
>>
>>45938225
>Predictamancy + Rhyme-o-mancy
Very odd combo.
At the start, maybe rhymes that only trigger when you'll need them.
Later on, just better Predictamancy.
At the final battle, Predicting the rhymes we use so we don't even need to come up with them - perfected rhyming.
>>
>>45934936
Both Parson and Jack, the master and apprentice of lateral thinking, stuck in a side that's already politically unstable and is unprepared for them? Shit's going to go crazy.
>>
>>45934936
The portals prevent non caster units entering the magic Kingdom, not leaving. Case in point, the spy golem sent to charlescomm. The thinkamancer Isaac made no suggestion that leaving was impossible. He was only surprised when it came back via the portal as well.
>>
>>45934936
Would you please stop posting about shitty webcomics nobody likes this trash you loser take it to /co/ and fuck off forever
>>
>>45939606
No. :^)
>>
>>45939606
Eh if goblins, oots and some of the wh40k stories are allowed don't see why this can't be
>>
People still read erfworld?
>>
>>45940220
No anon this is all just a dreeeeeam
>>
>>45934936

I've been saying this for weeks, Archons seem to act like quasi-warlords, and combined with their natural casting abilities, are probably considered casters enough to go through any portals, not just Charlescomm's. Probably an effect of either Carnymancy, the Dish, or both.
Most of the casters in the MK are barbarians. Whose service would they be in? And I very much doubt that the MK will be amenable, even if it brings their friends back. They guard their neutrality pretty jealously. Most likely outcome is at least an attempt to ban both GK and Charlescomm from the MK.
>>
>>45936875

Probably when duty to the side overpowers loyally to the ruler.
>>
>>45934936
Have we ever actually seen something get disbanded by going through a portal?
>>
>>45940777
That, or Charlie has carnamancied his portal to allow units with magic in, and the auto disband doesn't happen on the way out.
>>
>>45940916
Presumably that is how Queen Bea committed suicide. I don't believe it happened on screen though.
>>
>>45941018

I suppose the auto-disbanding only bieng one way is theoretically possible, but you have a lot of other indication of Archon exceptionality, even when weighed against other "Arkentool units" like Dwagons.

Some of them provide leadership bonuses. Almost all of them can cast to a small degree. They all seem to display a level of independence and forward thinking that are found nowhere else. Lillith is capable of not engaging Charlescomm units when she's told a reason to do so, which something like an ordinary stabber wouldn't be able to do so.Charlie seems to view archon production as an end in and of itself, and views them as something more than just a disposable tool for his policies.

I'm betting on "Archons are special" theory myself.
>>
>>45941067
So the disbanding thing could be a myth perpetrated by casters, and enforced manually when someone tests it.
>>
>>45941174
>>45941067

LIAB prologue 22 is both where Queen Bea commits suicide; and at least if we can trust the narrator, was done so by her own hand, not casters jumping her when she walked through the door.
>>
>>45941217
>For the Queen had destroyed herself, and Unaroyal was no more.

Eh, it could be interpreted differently.
>>
>>45934936
Is the fat guy in the cells the supposed to be same person as professor X getting wiped down by that QT?
>>
>>45941850
No, the guy on the left is the protagonist, a wargaming/TTRPG nerd who was sucked into a world that seems to operate on physics from some sort of wargame (summoned by a (possibly) botched casting to summon the "perfect warlord").

The one on the right is the enigmatic villain, almost certainly also from the real world, who has built himself into a megapower that stays out of direct confrontation, hiring themselves as a Contractor to other sides.
>>
>>45943418
And crying cause all his planning and operations just went boom
>>
>>45944826
That or because he lost a ton of his friends in the fight.
>>
>>45943418
Charlie fairly certainly isn't from the real world, no matter which "real world" we're talking about.
He was just around when Dorthy was summoned and doing her thing. He's the previous run's Jack.
>>
>>45943418
>Charlie is the villain
>not the conspiratorial thinkamancers literally pulling the strings in the background
They're pissed at Charlie because the dish gave him equal access to all the stuff they've been secretly doing up to now, as well as knowledge they've been actively suppressing. They can't have him interfering with their little Groupthink.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.