[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been thinking, what is food like within the Imperial Guard? With
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: MREs.jpg (2 MB, 3103x1636) Image search: [Google]
MREs.jpg
2 MB, 3103x1636
Been thinking, what is food like within the Imperial Guard? With all the stuff about Forge World and the makes and origins of Imperial weaponry, is there any lore about how the different parts of the Imperiums armies are fed?
>>
>>45698720
OP's pic is probably the worst three out of the bunch.
>>
>>45698720
No fucking clue. I imagine the kind of rations the IG get are based on whatever the current campaign conditions and regional supply lines allow. That's the general vibe I get.

I remember reading about something called: "reconstituted reclaimed meat by-product" in a BL novel which was supposed to be that planet's version of SPAM.

Then there was another instance of guardsmen hunting game on a temperate world to supplement their rations.

I think it' safe to assume that the Departmento Munitorum has it's MRE equivalent and everything else is supplied from the nearest agri-world.
>>
>>45698720
They're called Corpse Starch (CS) Rations. People argue that they're not actually made with corpses, but most agree that it's good old fashioned soylent green.
>>
File: Vomit.gif (898 KB, 450x189) Image search: [Google]
Vomit.gif
898 KB, 450x189
>>45698720
>Chili and Macaroni
>Veggie Burger
>Putting vile Chili in god-tier Macaroni
>Eating a burger that isn't made of real meat.

Just one more reason not to join the army.
>>
>>45698923
Seriously?
I own the Imperial Guard Handbook, so I'll see what it says.
I know the book is like 10 years old, but hey its something. Right?
>>
>>45698964
They mention it - usually in passing - in a few places.

1st Edition Dark Heresy talks about Hive Worlds and how they reclaim food and water.
>>
>>45699020
is every 40k planet a hiveworld?
>>
>>45699028
No, but large portion of the human population lives on them
>>
>>45698720
In Gaunt books they mention a flavorless grey goo in a tube as combat ration.
>>
>>45699028
No, they just get talked about a lot because they're Super Grimdark. Billions of people crammed into a single city; forgotten under-hives crammed with mutants, sorcerers, gangers and Emperor-knows what else.

It doesn't generally meet the asthetic of the setting - at least from the wargame persepctive - to talk about Farmulon VII, the peaceful, Cleetus filled, agri-world were the most exciting thing to happen is the daily watching of the Grox-crapping.
>>
>>45699077
>Hey, Zeke, wanna watch a grox shit?
>DO I!
>>
>>45699053
but I am sick of every regiment except the space strayans coming from le ebin grimdark hiveworld where life is LIVING ON THE EDGE.
Where are the stories of young men and women from villages and small towns joining up to fight a war for a god that they barely know, fighting the horrors of the universe and finding themselves again? Contrasting the grim darkness of the setting by balancing it with something more simple and mundane.
>>
>>45699125
In another setting.
>>
>>45699125
What are Elysians?
>>
>>45699125
Krieg aren't Hive worlders and neither are Gaunt's Ghosts. That's just straight off the top of my head. Pretty sure there are plenty that aren't Hive born.
>>
>>45699160
>muh airborne that die because everyone fucks up but them
>>
>>45699176
Krieg is something GW dreamed up when they saw BBC documentaries on hitler's germany while getting high off paint
>>
>>45699180
>Volunteer
>Homeworld isn't grimdark
Muh moving the goalpost
>>
>>45699201
and why is Cadia the poster child for the imperial guard?
>>
>>45699214
Because the whole planet is a fucking training camp on the frontline of the war against Chaos, what did you expect them to export when there is no Black Crusade going on?
>>
>>45699125
Are you sure you're in the right setting? 40k is about things always being the worst they could be, not hope in the face of adversity.
>>
>>45699233
I dunno, arts and crafts or something.
>>
>>45698720
imperial guard varies by regiment. but they usually are exactly as pic related.

the flavorless bars that the guardsmen carry are ration bars. which are basically reconstituted plant matter.

basically, when ever the guard doesn't have time to make a tiny fire and cook their rations they use the ration bars.

>or worse they are exactly like soviet rations

my grandpa once ordered a dozen of them from the soviet union, just to see what they were like. Salty, tasteless, and difficult to eat.

the US rations are much easier and came with a little box of cigarettes.
>>
>>45699238
and yet there are mentions enough of worlds that are not grimdark hellholes where everything is not so edgy, and life is rather alright in terms of the setting. Watching people from these worlds get exposed to the horrors of the 40k universe is something that would be nice to see.
>>
>>45699197
>Krieg is something GW dreamed up when they saw BBC documentaries on hitler's germany while getting high off paint
>Hitlers germany
>clearly 40k ripoff of WW1 frenchies and germans
Niggah you sounds like the one high on paint.
>>
>>45699372
n-no
>>
>>45698768
chili-mac is famously good for MREs, what are you on about?
Try having a vegetarian omelet.
>>
>>45699125
>space strayans
who?
>>
>>45699455
Chili with beans, too.
The only bad one up there is the veggie burger.
>>
>>45698720
>Been thinking, what is food like within the Imperial Guard?
it's edible, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "food".
>>
>>45699471
catachans
>>
>>45699680
The Space Vietnam War PTSD Veterans a la Rambo?
Yeah, not really pussy-ass Australians.
>>
>>45699720
but the critters there are space australians, and the aussies did serve in vietnam.
>>
>>45699793
the critters? it's space SE Asia. And yeah some Aussies were in Vietnam but hardly enough to call it Space Straya when the inspiration is Rambo and Vietnam (and probably even Predator)
>>
>>45698952
Chili mac is one of the best MREs and the veggie ones have the best snacks and most of the meals in them are pretty good.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.