[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fate/Shadowrun: A Pet Project
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1980) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1980
Yes, there is a reason for the Rin Picture! I've been working on making a Shadowrun/Type-Moon Crossover for a while now, and consider it a pet project and finally got down to writing the basic parts of the lore. If anyone more knowledgeable in either Shadowrun or T-M Lore, or both could help, that would be appreciated:

In Shadowrun, magic didn't arrive in 2011. That's just when it became commonplace. It was very secretive and hidden. Though, magical artifacts could still be common.

The Mages' Association (led by some Immortal Elf.) gathered up those mages, and kept the Holy Grail War secret to maintain the Fifth Age's ebb of magic.

The three Grail Founding families are all descended from dragons. That's the only explanation for the magical strength of the Tohsaka and Einzbern families.

The Church has the Order of St Sylvester, evolved from the Executors. (They reformed after Kotomine).

The Grail War is moderated by the Sylvestrine Order, and is now a televised event run by one of the corporations. The Mages' Association disapproves of this, but is forced to keep silent.

The Grail is actually an artifact left over from an earlier age, but it's now broken. So it summons heroes from the Fifth Age.

That's about it...
>>
>>45685235
>Shadowrun Lore
Descent from Dragons is an exceedingly secretive thing which is 100% banned by Draconic law, and only happened in the 4th Age, which was before recorded history. What's more, the powers it grants (immunity to disease, immortal life, guaranteed Awakening) aren't guaranteed by descent. It's only a very rare thing for someone's heritage to show, and even then they're unlikely to know for a long while. In Shadowrun canon, these are the Immortal Elves, descended from Alamais.

Heritage does practically nothing for your Magic. Even ignoring the fact that the children of the Awakened are statistically only marginally more likely to Awaken than any other given person, your initial level of Magic might be either higher or lower than normal, but regardless of what it is, you'll still get your ass handed to you by an initiate. Especially one with powerful metamagic, like absorption.

I can't imagine any kind of "Grail War" working, given the presence of Dragons and Shadowrunners. Such an important and powerful item would likely be stolen, or the entire "War" would be rigged from the start.

Artifacts are powerful, but both Ghosts and Time Travel are explicitly banned from Shadowrun's cosmology. You could perhaps say it creates Wild/Free Spirits of Man, formed from the collective memories of mankind of certain "heroes", but they'd be just that. Public opinion given form.
>>
>>45686025

To explain the Grail: It only appears occasionally. It has some power, and completely hides itself, only to come out every sixty years (though, that rule is broken a shitload.) It was created by the three Mage families. The Einzbern, the Tohsaka, and I always forget the third family. It's a Nigh-Omnipotent artifact. And the Grail War is quite rigged, as the Einzbern breed Homunculi specifically to win the Grail. The sabatoge of the Grail War could make for an interesting run.

Even the mages of the most pureblooded families aren't very magical. In one of the series, a member of one of them has almost zero magical ability, and nearly kills himself running the strongest servant.

The Free Spirit thing makes sense, considering King Arthur is a chick in it. They might also have abilities relating to the legend as well. I'm just unsure about a Free Spirit might feel about being bound to a master that can command them.

The others I'll work on...
>>
>>45687219
Artifacts aren't created, at least not in the 6th age.
Say they found it instead, grants it more gravitas.

Then they're not normal Free Spirits, plus wasn't a big thing about Fate supposed to be the difficulty in working with your dude, convincing him to do what you want?
Since it's an Artifact, you could easily pull the "command seals" thing. I mean, it's not like you're binding them yourself, and figuring out a way to work with your potentially surly hero and avoid having to use your few binding commands would be important.
>>
>>45687484

Depends on the servant, really. Get someone like Saber, they're easy to work with. Get Gilgamesh, then you're gonna have a bad time...
>>
>>45687484
>>45687711
Ooooor just drop some karma on an ally spirit and they'll always be your bro (unless you abuse them, but that's on you).
>>
>>45688195
Well obviously, but this isn't about that.

Also
>Some karma
Understatement of the year, right here.
>>
>>45688456

ALL the Karma!
>>
>>45688597
I once made a character in karmagen with a custom houserule allowing initiations at char-gen.

I spend like, 35% of the karma on the character himself (Christian Theurge Summoner).
Then I spent the rest on a fucking gigantic Ally Spirit.

MAN that was fun.
>>
>>45688675

I've always been a fan of Theurgists for some reason.

Ally Spirit thing sounds freaking awesome, though.
>>
>>45688195

But with the way the Servant system in Type-Moon is set up, you may have some issues with that...
>>
>>45689285
Like, I'm just saying that it would take a bunch of Karma to tame Gilgamesh, while maybe a little.

But then again, it depends on what rules we could use...
>>
>>45689804
Not to mention the fact that Ally Spirits don't work like that. They're Spirits you yourself create out of a formulae, or by finding their "design" in the Metaplanes.
>>
>>45689859

Yeah, you're right. Is there any way we could edit rules and lore?
>>
Oh! Could one make a Heroic Servant by mixing Totem Spirit rules and Ally Spirit rules? Or would that take too much effort, and perhaps break something?
>>
>>45689921
Just don't make them Ally Spirits.

Make them Free/Wild Spirits summoned by the power of the Artifact, and bound to the Awakened individual.

IIRC, being tied to a Spirit didn't grant the user any real power, so Ally Spirit rules are pointless. Just run it as any normal Spirit, but with the added benefit of the linked Magician being able to give it 3 irrefutable commands, and the Magician being able to drain himself (Magical, can't be healed) in order to heal the Spirit.
>>
>>45690361

Alright, that sounds good.

Anything else I should fix now, since we have the Heroic Servant issue solved?
>>
>>45690434
Not really.
Seems fairly cut and dry.

Various ancient families engage in a mystical duel between the few remaining houe scions they have who awaken in order to fight over an ancient and powerful artifact which demands a contest between aforementioned scions in order to gain its favour.

They perform a ritual which binds them to the artifact, granting them a powerful Spirit of Man Servant shaped after various figures from history, which they are to utilise in their war against the various other individuals, to the death/destruction of the Spirit (or of the Mage, leading to the slow death of the Spirit in a war of a thousand cuts, as the remaining Mages continue to heal their spirits with their own energy). There is always a gigantic Shadow-War surroudning this event, with various teams of Runners running assassination, distraction, protection and disruption missions to try and shift the balance of the "war" one way or another. There are a few Dragons who are interested in fact in potentially destroying all of the Spirits simultaniously, breaking the Artifact further, and allowing them to bypass its protections and steal it themselves.

Due to the difficulties in producing Awakened scions, many of the different families have different methods of producing heirs. Some throw their children into Manastorms in the hope they awaken, some are horrendously inbred hoping that an "awakened gene" exists, one has resorted to Vampirism, and one just has a fucking gigantic family tree full of family members who breed like rabbits, (and one isn't so full of themselves, and just adopts Magicians from outside the family).

The event itself is televised, despite the protestations of many Spirits rights advocacy groups, and the Mages themselves.

That work for you?
>>
>>45690684

This sounds amazing. I really like this.
>>
>>45690684
I may consider bringing some of the characters from Fate/Stay Night, as older characters that guide the protags and complain about how commercialized the new Grail War has gotten.
>>
>>45690684

Fun fact: There are vampire mages in Type-Moon! So it would make sense that there would be a vampire family.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 600x748) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 600x748
Thanks for all the info, guys! This is really coming together well!

If anyone has anything else to add or any feedback or anything, please say so!

And as a reward for all your work, please enjoy this picture of Rin, Saber, and Sakura
>>
>>45687711
Just be a fuccboi, drink wine with him and be confused about your sexuality and you'll be fine with Gil. Or give him some Saberfaces to try and fuck.
>>
>>45693245

All other Servants must be Saber.
>>
>>45690684
With Goblinization and all, MA types would probably consider this a new Age of the Gods and probably get a lot more brazen with their shit. Given the insanity of folks like Roa, Kerry's daddy, Willy Wonka and FGSFDS Chaos in a universe where mages go to ground over diminishing returns, your average 'Runner is probably going to be more Magus Killer than Corporate Spy.
>>
>>45693338

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The Players play Magus hunters with one player acting as a Master, and they have to protect their master while eliminating other Masters, and eventually leading up to protecting the Grail.
>>
I just need a good, solid, Fate/ name, because I feel like Fate/Shadowrun isn't gonna cut it.

Anyone got any suggestions?
>>
>>45693954
Fate/Shadow
Fate/Future
Fate-punk
Cyber-Fate
Fate/Black Night
Fate/Chummer
Fate/6th Age
>>
>>45694044

I like Fate/Shadow. I'm saving Fate/Chummer because it's great. Fate/6th Age works...
>>
>>45694044

I just noticed Fate/Black Knight. Forget all the others, this is being used.
>>
>>45694084
Fate.Run

Fate(Dot)Run. Like a program. A run can also be a shadowrun.
>>
>>45694194

Hmmm... I'm considering it. I like it...
>>
>>45686025
its a crossover they said not a direct import so hard and fast rules in one setting dont neccesarily apply to a crossover. As to interference, well their are plenty of servants that would absolutely wreck a dragons shit. like any of the dozen or so who are pretty much built solely to murder the fuck out of dragons for example. Even ignoring them, its rarghh I'm a dragon and holy crap how many times do I have to kill you! or rar- oops just had my heart stabbed out ignoring basically all my magic protections etc. etc. nasuverse bullshit.

Personally I think its a bad idea to lean to strongly to either side. too much fate and well you get fate's usual powerlevel bullshit, too much shadowrun and you've basically neutered the importance of the event with its unwillingess to let anything big happen that isnt "dragons did it"
>>
>>45686025
>Descent from Dragons

Descent from Dragons is stupid. You don't need them to explain the magic strength of the Tohsaka and Einzbern, given that they are perfectly into the spectrum of what is expected of a Shadowrun mage. Tohsaka Rin is a good Shadowrun mage, but hardly a walking powerhouse. Her most powerful spell is a minor blast - she can go full big kaboom using difficult to procure mana-charged gemstone, but nothing that can't be reproduced with 5 kgs of C-4.

Instead, use the canon Fate explanation. Rin has a Magic Crest that acts like a powerful focus, spell storage, and auto-cast tool. Port the Magic Crest to Shadowrun, and voilĂ , you've got yourself your Magus.

Now porting Sorcery to Shadowrun will probably need far too much bullshit, but the only canon route where Rin has access to Sorcery is Heaven's Feel, and nobody cares about Heaven's Feel.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.