[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Celestial Civilisation Quest 2: Nightfall is coming edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: celestial.jpg (350 KB, 903x1600) Image search: [Google]
celestial.jpg
350 KB, 903x1600
Previous thread:
>>>45491767

You are a celestial being, a shard of a god that has been flung across the universe. Along with other shards, you have been chosen to seed planets in your god’s name, converting them into bastions of light.

You have been chosen to lead fellow shards in this mission. You are now positioned just above a planet’s atmosphere. It is your duty to ‘guide’ this planet and your comrades. The process to do this is to plant the seeds of faith among the planet’s natives, slowing converting them into zealots who will worship you, love you and die for you.

When we last left off, you were waiting for nightfall after preparing a village of fishermen to help fend off the monstrous creatures which will emerge from the ocean tonight.

Everyone is armed. The 'sacrifice' has been given a knife blessed with your holy runes. Your prophet, Vakea Marama, has prepared a conch as a warhorn, inscribing it with the holy words "thunder", "breath", "cleanse" and "wrath."

Holy words are now your main means of influencing and empowering your chosen people. Simply write a word and it will evoke that word's power.
>>
>>45630814
There's a certain apprehension in the air as the sun begins to set. The faces inscribed on the unholy idol are being to stir and shift across the object's uneven surface. Vakea is noticeably uneasy too.

"The sky grows more red depending on how hungry the idol is." As you look up at the sky, you can see that it is almost blood red. That can only mean that it's going to be a slaughter.

"We have done everything we can. Perhaps you might inspire us again with some words?"

What would you like to say to the fishermen before the sun sets?
>>
Yes, yes, yes!!!

I've been waiting the whole week for this!
>>
>>45630852
"Be not afraid of how they want to harm you. Be proud of how you will harm them. You are slaves to these monsters no more."
>>
>>45631747
Welcome back, friend. It's good to see you again.

>>45631760
"Be not afraid of how they want to harm you. Be proud of how you will harm them. You are slaves to these monsters no more."

Vakea Marama nods in agreement.

"We have the means to defend ourselves now. Even then, we cannot help but feel afraid of the dark. Perhaps, with this searing light you have granted us..." He clutches at the warhorn he's holding.

"We will be able to finally break free of this nightmare." The two of you say little more as you sit on the white sand, looking out towards the dipping sun.

As the night begins to crawl across the shore, you take a vantage point with Vakea Marama. The two of you watch as unseemly shapes stir in the dark water. The fishermen lie in wait among the dense vegetation, all of them clutching onto their weapons and saying short prayers as they hold the talismans you gave them.

It's then that the devilfish begin to emerge. Putrid slime pours off their bodies greasily as they plop onto the shore with their pseudo-limbs, lazily thrashing about. A tall, ghastly looking figure emerges from the water too.

It sniffs the air with rotten nostrils, and looks towards the idol. It's fully awake now. Your carefully prepared sacrifice waits in front of it. You can hear it say two words to itself in Abyssal.

"Not right."
>>
>>45631832
It stands there, staring at the single man at the campfire.

"Where?" It asks in a guttural, inhuman voice.

"They fled."

"Where did they flee?"

The sacrifice points into the vegetation behind him. Hesitantly, the creature signals for the devilfish to follow it.

Vakea Marama seems eager to try out his warhorn.

"Shall I use it now? It will signal the attack."

Should you wait, choosing the prime time to attack, or should you attack now? The creature does seem wary and as if it knows something is wrong.
>>
>>45631860
Let's wait for the devilfishes to come more into the land. They are weaker there i recon.

As for the big guy, he is our and our angels pray.
>>
>>45631907
"Not yet." You tell Vakea Marama as the sacrifice seems to become really anxious.

"Yes, you're right. The more of those devilfish that emerge from the ocean, the more we can kill in one blow. This warhorn, if I understand the runes you told me correctly, will have a spectacular effect on them."

The sacrifice begins to lure the lanky looking creature deeper and deeper into the jungle. Its face twists with irritation.

"Where?" It asks again, barely sounding coherent.

"D-Deeper yet." The sacrifice responds. He's starting to get visibly nervous.

"You aren't being honest with me, are you?"

More and more devilfish begin to emerge from the sea.

Vakea Marama looks at you.

"Please, can we act now?"

How do you respond?
>>
>>45632041
"Blow the horn, my profet, and blow them away"
>>
>>45632060
I think it's time to blow this scene.
Get everybody and their stuff together.
Okay, three, two, one let's jam.
>>
File: myfuckingfacewhen.png (576 KB, 662x770) Image search: [Google]
myfuckingfacewhen.png
576 KB, 662x770
>>45632041
No turning back now. Let's get rolling!
>>
>>45632041
Gut 'em
>>
File: Spike.Spiegel.full.1554199.jpg (262 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
Spike.Spiegel.full.1554199.jpg
262 KB, 600x650
>>45632077
Sound the horn!
>>
>>45632060
>>45632077
>>45632083
>>45632096
>>45632109

"My prophet, there is no turning back now. Let them feel the wrath of the heavens." Vakea Marama grins at you as he stands up. With the conch in one hand, he takes a deep breath.

The sound that echoes from the conch is indescribable. Akin to the hooves of a thousand horses thundering. The unnatural darkness is illuminated by golden light as massive thunderheads begin to roil above. Great bolts of golden lightning rain down, searing devilfish and spreading destruction everywhere. The gangly, human-faced creature looks around in confusion.

"Celestial magic? But where-" Before it can finish, the sacrifice charges it. Taking his holy knife in one hand, he stabs it on a chunk of its rotten flesh. It lets out a screech, slamming him away with one limb.

You stand from your vantage point, your thundering voice echoing loud enough for any to hear.

"Seize this day from those who torment you! You are chosen by the heavens!"
>>
File: giphy.gif (188 KB, 500x554) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
188 KB, 500x554
>>45632130
>>
>>45632130
You call for your angels and they assume their disguses, following you as you leap down into the fray. As the sky above you is torn asunder by holy magic, fishermen-turned-warriors emerge from their hiding places, striking at the devilfish with their weapons. The hideous creatures try to fight back, but they are out of their element outside of the sea. There are casualties as some are engulfed by the horrid things, but more devilfish than villagers are falling.

What makes you most delighted is that there is no fear in their eyes. They have become zealots, more than willing to die for their cause.

The human-faced creature is trying to tend to its burning wound, unable to torch the blessed knife. It's then that it stares with you.

"You... You are the one..."

Instead of showing fear, it grins.

"I kill you, and this ends." It pulls out a shard of driftwood from its body. You can see sinister looking symbols carved into its surface.

"A little bit of dark magic... It goes a long way."

Looks like you have quite a fight on your hands. Your fellow angels gather at your side, prepared to strike down this creature.

What is our first move?
>>
>>45632159
Send our angels to distract it, while we prepare to atack.

Do we have a weapon or something similar beyond celestial magic?
>>
>>45632232
>Do we have a weapon or something similar beyond celestial magic?

(As it currently stands, you are unarmed. If you had enough time to, you could take an object from the environment and inscribe runes onto it to turn it into a weapon. But there is one weapon here, that knife that is embedded inside that thing's flesh.)
>>
>>45632253
Well, i see only one solution, since i didn't had my cofee today.

Send the angels to distract it, while we run to it and try to take the knife out and use it.
>>
>>45632296
With reluctance, you order your angels to distract the creature. They understand, and prepare for the fight ahead. You cannot retreat right now, as the entirety of this village's faith is resting on your shoulders.

Even if you fled and later won, the villagers would not believe you to be a reliable or steadfast deity. So there's no going back.

The thing lunches forward, moving exceptionally fast for a creature of its size. The edges of the driftwood it's holding has suddenly become very sharp. It manages to leave a small cut on the body of one of your fellow angels, despite their best attempt to dodge the attack.

The wound pulsates with dark magic. The angel that was struck writhes in pain for a moment. The creature moves to strike again, but another one of your angels deflects the attack.

Taking the opportunity, you attempt to get close enough to the creature to reach for the knife.

It's then that you see a gigantic eye staring back at you from the thing's back.

"Don't think I do not know what you're doing."
>>
>>45632357
Can we use some majik to blind it?
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>45632357
It takes a swipe at you with its driftwood, barely missing. You're forced to retreat for a moment, putting some distance between you and the creature.

It's then that Vakea Marama appears, holding what appears to be a metallic staff.

"It seems you're at a disadvantage." He grins as holy runes begin to light up on the staff's surface.

"I had wanted to give you this when we had survived this night, but I feel that it would be better to hand it to you now."

Your angels move to protect Vakea Marama, ensuring that the staff makes it into your hands.

As you hold it, you can read one word, carved into the staff's surface over and over again.

"Wrath."

Clasping the staff, you eagerly step forward. The creature takes another swipe at you.

Rolling for deflection. 50+ is a success.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>45632405
Unfortunately, the creature was a bit too fast. It's managed to deliver a fair blow to your chest. The foul magic works quickly, causing you to stagger from the pain. Your angels guard you for the time being, giving you time to recover.

>>45632375
Presumably, as a creature of the abyss, it must be extremely sensitive to light. The aftereffects of Vakea's warhorn are running wild, igniting trees and foliage.

You grab a burning branch and turn back to face the creature. As you bring the light closer, it tries to avert its gaze. It gives you an opening to strike.
>>
>>45632428
You swing at the creature's head with your torch. Although it manages to block the attack, the embers from the burning branch scatter in its face, blinding it temporarily.

You have another opening. Where should you strike next?
>>
>>45632428
Poke it with the fiery branch and then whack it with the staff!
>>
>>45632444
Disarm it
>>
>>45632458
This. Maybe try and chase it towards another source of light. Flanking it to give it an opening 'out.'
>>
>>45632469
You bring your staff down onto its hand, the full effect of the runes unleashing themselves. A blazing, searing light envelopes its shaft, cutting through the creature's decaying hand. It howls from the pain as its useless limb falls onto the ground, shriveling into a pile of foul refuse, along with its driftwood plank.
>>45632458
>>45632519
You smash the burning branch into its face again, leaving scorchmarks across it. You bring down the staff onto its forehead, cracking it open like a egg.

As the bits of its head evaporate into the air, its body collapses onto the ground, twitching and convulsing. Not content with the damage you've done, you bring your staff down again and again, ensuring that no trace of the creature remains in this world.

Having won your own battle, you look around you to see what has become of your chosen people. The devilfish are retreating now, slipping back into the water. The villagers are cheering, despite the fiery ruin around them. Vakea simply smiles at you.

"When they return, we will be ready. But there is one last thing we need to deal with before this night is over."

He beckons you over to the village's center, where the idol stands ominously.

All of its eyes are focused on you as you approach it. Its mouths are moving now, speaking the Abyssal tongue.

"This world belongs to us. Our seeds have been sown into the air, the water, the earth... You have triumphed over nothing. And you will be nothing when the darkness swallows you. One, insignificant light of Alfuros, extinguished forever."

The idol, if it is speaking Abyssal, obviously has otherworldly origins. Should we try to converse with the idol and learn what we can from it? Or should we simply destroy the foul thing and be done with this nightmare?
>>
>>45632566
Come then darkness, we will sear you all away *shatter the idol*
>>
>>45632566
"You come, we will be ready this time"

With these words, you brake the idol and toss it in the fire.
>>
>>45632566
Banish the idol. These people have accepted our light into their hearts and this thing cannot remain to leak its filthy tongue into their minds.
>>
>>45632588
>>45632609
>>45632616
"Come then, darkness... We will sear you away. We will be ready for you."

You bring down the staff onto the idol's surface. It lets out an unholy shriek, the faces on it shifting away from the blazing light of your staff. Bit by bit, holy fire begins to consume the idol. The faces of the idol express only one emotion as they climb further and further up the totem to escape the flames: despair. The villagers gather around, cheering as the object of their fear begins to turn into ash. The totem collapses onto the ground, and the faces twist with pain as the flames consume every last splinter.

You cannot help but wonder what it meant when it said "Alfuros." The name sounds vaguely familiar to you.

An eerie silence follows its death. The unnatural darkness dissipates, the pale moon above reflecting off the water's surface. Vakea wanders over to the fire and takes a seat.

"It has been a long day. We should take a moment to rest." He beckons to you to take a seat with him.

"So, what is the name of our saviour? The god sent to protect us from this evil?"

The villagers look at you. By what name do you wish your people to know you?
>>
>>45632658

>Agwé
>Ikatere
>Dakuwaqa
>Ka-moho-ali’i
>Kumugwe

All real world badass and demi-badass maritime gods.
>>
>>45632658
Tangaroa? Māori deity forced into hiding in the oceans.

Sorta sticking with the vaguely Polynesian theme.
>>
Agwe'tangaroa... You can shorten that if you like human.
>>
>>45632748
Sold.
>>
>>45632748
Im_ok_with_this_3123959289fgh10j.jpg
>>
>>45632748
"Agwe'tangaroa is the name granted to me by the heavens. I will be your patron god from now on. Follow me, and I will ensure that you will have the strength to overcome all obstacles."

Vakea nods in approval.

"Agwe'tangaroa. Our new god." All of the villagers cheer, singing praise of your name. Although there has been much destruction this night, their spirits have been higer than they've ever been.

The night passes uneventfully and a new day dawns. The women and children return from their hiding places, taking a moment to survey the damage to their homes. While they are understandably upset about the destruction, not one of them complains when they're told that the idol is finally gone.

Vakea has been working hard to put together makeshift shelters for the wounded, and has been tending to the dead. He has much to do now, and the entire village is going to need some divine help to get back on its feet.

So, now that you are finally in control of this village and have their unquestioning faith, what is the first step you will take to begin your empire?

>Work on shelter, help provide housing for the survivors
>Survey the land and determine if there are any useful resources
>Survey the survivors and learn if anyone is suitable for priesthood
>Go into the sea and provide a bountiful catch for the inhabitants, ensuring they will be well fed
>Other - Please specify
>>
>>45632795

>Go into the sea and provide a bountiful catch for the inhabitants, ensuring they will be well fed

As my late grandpa used to say "you can go by with no clothes or shoes, but you can go by on thirsty and on a empty stomach".
>>
>>45632809
*can't
>>
>>45632795

After what they've suffered, this is the least they deserve.
>>
>>45632809
>>45632863

You borrow a net from the villagers and go diving into the ocean. As you look below the surface, there is a noticeable absence of dark spots. It can be presumed that the devilfish have retreated back into the darkness beyond the coastline. The pristine fish which the villages love so much are as abundant as ever though.

Hauling back a full net for all of them, they seem eager to eat. A cooking fire is started quickly and everyone is hungry. Vakea only has one fish, as he believes that it is necessary for him to place the other villagers' well being over his own.

It's then that you begin to hear a strange humming noise in your head. A voice echoes within.

"You have done well, my servant. The first seeds of light have been sown on this world. Since you have proven yourself to be a worthy shard, I will grant you the knowledge of my name. I am Alfuros, the Blazing Light. For your service, I am willing to send additional angels to your world."

Alfuros. This is the god you are a shard of? That is the name that idol mentioned. However, you cannot dismiss the possibility that this voice speaking to you is not truly Alfuros. Should you converse with them and find out more, or simply accept his offer of aid?
>>
>>45632795
ensure they burn their dead, so they may become light itself and be free

Second I suggest once homes are built we build a totem of our own.
>>
>>45632926
Might I beseach you for a boon for these people, that they might know your light first hand, that it may fill and warm their hearts, let them each bear a mote of your divine light with them always, these are your first seeds, let us sow them well.
>>
>>45632926
Ask him about this darkness, these Devil fish and their ilk, know thine enemy so you might burn him away...for the night is dark and full of terrors.
>>
>>45632926
Requesting knowledge about what this vile darkness infesting the land could be seems prudent. If it's not truly the god we're of, but not-Nyarlathotep messing with our head, we might make it break character.
>>
>>45632941
I like the notion of ritualistic burnings of the dead, seeing as we're apparently descended from some sort of light or fire deity.

I think it'd be a bad idea to have them raise totems. We should have some other beacon for worship, like a fire temple (Zoroastrian-style) or an eternal flame. Perhaps we could even imbue it with a bit of our magic to burn indefinitely, since it'll serve as a site of worship.

>>45633008
>>45632985
Thirding this sentiment, as well.
>>
>>45632963
"Might I beseach you for a boon for these people, that they might know your light first hand, that it may fill and warm their hearts, let them each bear a mote of your divine light with them always, these are your first seeds, let us sow them well."

"Very well, my shard. I will send a divine boon. Watch the heavens for a streak of light. That will be my sign."

>>45632985
>>45633008
"I do not wish to overstep my boundaries as your pawn, Alfuros. But, I must ask, what is this force we are fighting against? I knew that their tongue was Abyssal, but I do not understand why I know that. What is this darkness which was consuming this village?"

There is silence inside your head for a moment.

"If you have encountered the darkness, then you understand why it must be eradicated. You are me, and I am you. The feelings of repulsion in you are all the justification you need for your actions. Understanding 'why' when you can already feel why is moot. All you need to know is that it wears many faces, and it will destroy you if you do not destroy it first."
>>
>>45633046
"A shard does not need to wonder about the bigger picture. All you need to know is that we must ensure that the darkness is destroyed."

You cannot help but wonder if there is any wisdom to its words. If you truly are Alfuros, then perhaps your feelings alone are enough to understand if your actions have meaning and if you are following the path you would choose anyway.

"My boon will arrive soon. Be content with that, my shard." Silence echoes through your mind, the presence of the voice gone.

It is suspicious. You have been granted independence to act, and yet you are not given the wisdom necessary to act, merely instinctual responses. For what purpose is this necessary?

>>45633045
>>45632941
You decide to push it to the back of your mind for now. While you can wonder about the bigger picture later, there are very real problems to deal with. You begin to move the dead to the shore. As a tribute to each one, you take a seashell and inscribe a single rune on it for each village.

The rune reads "salvation." As their bodies are cremated by your cleansing fire, you can feel their souls being given their final rest, returning to the afterlife. Vakea and the villagers watch solemnly as your white flames lick the sky.

With the villagers fed and the bodies of the dead cremated, what should be done next?
>>
>>45633046
So be it, we are all one in the light, we are all sparks apart of the eternal flame, and that flame will burn away the night and all those who try to oppose our coming dawn.
>>
>>45633080
Rebuild homes and a larger one in the center, a place of worship, within it a simple altar bearing a simple flame, here people can find peace and solitude.

mean while we while immaterial explore the immediate surrounding area, have our kin protect our people. (dont take many risks while exploring just see if there is other life or environments.)
>>
we should show people how to tattoo charms on themselves, body paint, braid hair with bone/shell charms.
>>
>>45633089
>"So be it, we are all one in the light, we are all sparks apart of the eternal flame, and that flame will burn away the night and all those who try to oppose our coming dawn."

Vakea nods, watching as the flames die down and the ashes from them scatter on the wind.

>>45633143
You take a moment to talk with Vakea and ask if the tribe has ever discovered tattoos or bodypaint.

"Yes, we do have some means of creating tattoos. But I do not-" Then he understands why you asked the question.

"Agwe'tangaroa, my most honourable god, do you not think that inscribing your rune words onto flesh could have risks, if the wrong words are used?" It is a distinct possibility. If someone inscribed the word for "thunder" into someone's flesh, it could definitely be a lethal experience.

You tell him that rune words are only given to those who are responsible anyway, and if anyone tattooed a lethal rune word onto someone, then it would be punished accordingly.

"Yes... I believe we could work with this. We also could braid charms into hair and use talismans. You yourself have used seashells, so there are many options for using the rune words."

>>45633122
Your next order of business is establishing a focal point for worship. Where the grisly idol once stood, you begin to gather lumber and lay the foundations for a large communal hall. Your fellow angels join in for the construction, making it warm, waterproof and large enough for your villagers to all stay in. Vakea seems very impressed with your work.

Having dealt with the dead, food and shelter problems, you inform Vakea that you must do something for a while. He seems fine with that and understands.

You've now returned to your immaterial form and fly above the land to get a vantage view of the area. There are a number of mountain ranges further along the coast, and there seems to be open plains further in-land. Where should you go next?
>>
>>45633222
carfully sea how far out into the ocean the darkness left. Let us see how far way they are. otherwise, sing a song of the heavens into the wind and sky, may it be carried with the clouds and see if any other Celestials are on this world, will they sing back?

Otherwise speak to our prophet, tell him to gather 4 disciples they will become clergy of ours.

Finally gather a number of damned solid smooth peaces of rock, lets go full ten commandments on their ass.

>The Vitues of Light

>1 Bravery
be without fear when facing the darkness, without fear the dark is empty.

>2 Honour
Carry honor in your breast so that your light can swell, let it illuminate your world and become a beckon to the people.

>3 Patience
No mater how long the night, steel yourself for the dawn always comes and brings the light. Have patience with others, show them the way of the Light

>4 Wisdom
Let the Light of our soul iluminate your mind, let your thoughts bring light to the dark and dull, let your brightness show for all to see

>5 Humility
Even the brightest light needs fuel, even the most humble flame can become a roaring inferno, be pius and humble, we are all the same, one light now and always

>I gotta hit the Hay now, love your work OP. stay awesome and gl everyone
>>
>>45633222
Sit upon the tallest mountain and look outward. There's no way this is the only fishing village around, and we want to be sure that the devilfish don't prey on any others. It'd be useful to start from a nice foundation with the coastal folk, too, and work our way inward via trade or what-have-you.
>>
>>45633222
The coast. That's where we'll find port cities.
>>
>>45633325
You head out towards the ocean. You cannot help but notice as you go further and further out, the water beneath you grows darker and darker. Whatever is plaguing this world, it seems to be congregating beneath the water's surface. Perhaps the idol was just the tiniest shard of the things yet lurking out there.

Rising higher into the sky, you call out, celestial words echoing through the clouds.

No voices return your call. You are all alone out here.

>>45633325
>>45633332
Heading back to the coastline, you take residence on top of the tallest mountain you can find. Looking out along the coast, there is definitely other signs of civilisation out there. Small villages filled with more fishermen. While your current numbers aren't exactly impressive, there is plenty of room for new converts. In the meantime, you decide to take several slabs of granite with you.

>>45633436
Looking out even further along the coastline, there appears to be port cities which are far, far away from the villages. You will have to visit them another time.
>>
>>45633325
You return to the village with your granite slabs, and carve celestial runes into them. Vakea returns, wondering what you are doing.

"What are these slabs, your godship?"

"These will be the guidelines by which your people shall live."

>1 Bravery
be without fear when facing the darkness, without fear the dark is empty.

>2 Honour
Carry honor in your breast so that your light can swell, let it illuminate your world and become a beckon to the people.

>3 Patience
No mater how long the night, steel yourself for the dawn always comes and brings the light. Have patience with others, show them the way of the Light

>4 Wisdom
Let the Light of our soul iluminate your mind, let your thoughts bring light to the dark and dull, let your brightness show for all to see

>5 Humility
Even the brightest light needs fuel, even the most humble flame can become a roaring inferno, be pius and humble, we are all the same, one light now and always

"Find four disciples and teach them the holy runes. It is time that we spread that wisdom." Vakea nods in agreement.

"These runes will prove invaluable to our survival. I am currently the only one who can use them, so we must expand our capacity for inscribing them."

With that said, Vakea spends a long time searching among the villagers for people with the potential. Two men and two women are eventually chosen.

"Behold these four, chosen to represent our god! They will learn the holy runes, and-" It's then that a voice speaks up from the crowd.

"Why should we submit to this god?" Vakea seems taken aback by that.

How do you respond to these words?
>>
Smile, I do not ask you to submit, I ask you to come with us. I offer not a chain, I offer my hand. The darkness comes to claim all, the light will shelter all, but if you turn away, your shadow will lead the darkness to you and it will consume you. It will try to trick and decive you, to turn you against eachother.

It your your choice, embrace the warmth and the light or wander alone in darkness, where you will be snapped up.
>>
>>45633527
"How long did you submit to the demon out of fear? How long did you suffer under its oppression?"
"I will not force you to trust in my wisdom, nor submit to me. I will protect you regardless of your faith and grant you strength when you need it. All that I can do is ask you to believe in me and keep your faith in yourself strong."
>>
>>45633527
Stay and witness the glory of the sky's raining light feel it within yourselves, then make your choice, come with us

>Hope bosses boon is coming soon
>>
>>45633558
>>45633564
You ask the dissenting voice to come forward. It's an elderly man, fragile and very weary looking. He does so, albeit reluctantly.

"How long did you submit to the demon out of fear? How long did you suffer under its oppression?"

"We suffered long before you came. I am grateful, I am not denying that... But you do not understand why I cannot follow you. We had gods long before you came and I have not lost my faith in them. Asking me to abandon them is not right."

>"I do not ask you to submit, I ask you to come with us. I offer not a chain, I offer my hand. The darkness comes to claim all, the light will shelter all, but if you turn away, your shadow will lead the darkness to you and it will consume you. It will try to trick and deceive you, to turn you against each other."

The old man is trembling. It's obviously taking a lot of courage for him to stand out like that.

"I-I understand that there is a great threat out there, but I say again, I cannot abandon my faith. I cannot accept you as my god. I cannot believe in you." Several voices among the villagers begin to murmur. There is anger among the crowd. You raise one hand to silence them.

"I will not force you to trust in my wisdom, nor submit to me. I will protect you regardless of your faith and grant you strength when you need it. All that I can do is ask you to believe in me and keep your faith in yourself strong."

The old man still seems shaking, but he nods his head.

"I... I am grateful for your mercy..." You give him another grin.

>>45633600

"Stay and witness the glory of the sky's raining light. Feel it within yourselves. I ask all of you to treat this man with respect."
>>
>>45633600
>Hope bosses boon is coming soon
One boon coming up.[/Spoiler]

You make sure that the old man is comfortable and safe. It seems that the other villagers were angered by his lack of faith. Vakea is making sure to keep an eye on him too.

As the sun sets, you see a streak of light across the sky. It suddenly stops, creating a shining beacon. You assume your ethereal form and head towards the object.

"Behold, my servant. The blessed metal of Alfuros. As far as I can see, none of your natives have access to metal yet. This material can be easily sculpted by your divine magic."

You lay your ethereal hands on the meteor, noticing as the glowing, golden metal resonates with your very being. There is only a limited quantity of this metal, however, and you should think carefully about what you should do with it.

Ask for more information or should we get to smithing right away?
>>
File: agweeyesred2.jpg (876 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
agweeyesred2.jpg
876 KB, 1944x2592
>>45633633
We are awesome!
>>
>>45633694
Lets ask more information. We have time.
>>
>>45633694
We should make some weapons and items. Like, a trident and a conch that do... stuff.
>>
>>45633751
Blowpipes, except small and handheld.
>>
>>45633722
You ask Alfuros what applications his metal has over using other materials.

"My metal can hold my holy runes without decaying or eroding. You must also remember that your celestial magic does not enable you to forge iron tools yourself. This is a means for you to provide your people with weapons, armour and tools which will serve them well into the future.

>>45633751
You decide that the first item you will make is for yourself. Fitting your disguise as a good of the sea, you give yourself a holy trident and conch.

>>45633780
As for the villagers, you prepare a number of blowpipes for them.

There is still a fair portion of metal left. Anything else we should make?
>>
>>45633831
>Blowpipes

You trolly troll you.

Let's save it for later, who knows what will happen next.

[Spoiler]The Shadow knows[/Spoiler]
>>
>>45633831
I was thinking some relics might be in order. Maybe shape braziers for our temples to hold our celestial flame summoning a dome of protection repelling the darkness, and generally giving off a vibe of goodfeels and joyhappy.

Censers for a similar purpose but portable.
>>
>>45633847
You can reshape the metal at a whim anyway, so you can choose to change the blowpipes back if you so desire.
>>
>>45633881
Oh shit - sory mate, as i said earlier i didn't had my cofee, so i read blowpipes as "bagpipes".
>>
>>45633928
Don't worry about it.

>>45633879
Relics are an excellent idea. Icons of faith are necessary for you to really start generating some faith-driven power. You create two braziers and ignite them with your celestial fire. White flames flicker and shimmer inside them, creating a holy, sanctified atmosphere around them.

Alright guys, I really need to do some stuff for work, so I've got to call it here for now. See you all next week.
>>
>>45633879
This sound ok.
>>
>>45633928
Celestial bagpipes, because who needs trumpets.
>>
>>45633978
Cool beans, bud, we're super stoked on you. Take care.
>>
>>45633978
Cool!
C ya next week!
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.