[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79
File: Image (1).jpg (26 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
26 KB, 223x310
Basic Lands Edition

>RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
>>48326734
Kickoff survey
>what is your favorite basic land?
>what percentage of your multicolor landbase is basics?
>favorite nonbasic hate?
>>
>>48326923
Screw basic lands. I play 3 color with no basics
>>
File: 222724.jpg (25 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
222724.jpg
25 KB, 223x310
>>48326923
Picture related is my favorite island. I checked on my naya deck and the land base is right at 50% basics with 16 out of 33 being basic. Shivan Harvest is my favorite nonbasic hate.
>>
>>48326923
Ruination is hilarious given how many people run crazy landbases
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (141 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
141 KB, 223x311
on the topic of lands, who else thinks this card is a crazy good ramp card
>>
>>48327290
>Ruination is hilarious given how many people run landbases that are adaptable and won't get stuffed with one or two types of mana
FTFY Faggoooo
>>
>>48327399
im sorry you can't properly find a good balance of basic and non-basic lands in your decks
>>
File: Full EDH Listing.jpg (1 MB, 3870x1574) Image search: [Google]
Full EDH Listing.jpg
1 MB, 3870x1574
>>48327166
>>48327399

Probably not the same person, but >>48327290
has a point. The biggest thing to remember, though?

It depends on your meta

Here's my meme-list, Gren-Zada is actually pretty fun
>>
File: images(4).jpg (38 KB, 290x507) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
38 KB, 290x507
I like the khans cycle basics, the way they changed the images in subtle ways as the timeline was changed

And the forests and swamps in foil are sexy
>>
>>48327312
Angry Omnath loves that card. Bolt your opponent from saccing one elemental, then get two more tokens off of the lands.

Also really good in Meren and Mazirek.
>>
>>48326923
>>48326923

I have the green white Lorwyn panorama basics in my most complete deck, captain sisay, I love them

I also have some matching 9th edition white border islands in my Azami deck, I unironically love the white border, but I would run them just for the art too, although lately I've seen some other old school islands I might like even more

I have 2 tricolor decks and they are around 50% basic

Fave nonbasic land hate is wasteland
>>
>>48327619
For Ruination I have counterspells and faith's reward/second sunrise. Back to basics is easily handled as well. Maybe if everybody played those at the same time but if it's only one player it doesn't bother me much
>>
File: alesha.jpg (74 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
alesha.jpg
74 KB, 312x445
does alesha actually work in multiplayer outside "funny" combos like reveillark + karmic guide + goblin bombardment that just instantly end the game?

i'm trying very hard to build this commander around some synergy, reanimation and control but it seems like free-for-all EDH is just so fucking random that i get run over by the typical "yeah ok just throw the entire board state into the fucking exile zone and let's start over"

should i keep at it and try to make alesha work? i know she's not bad but god damn i do not want to be the guy who plays infinite damage combos

maybe it's time to give up and make a voltron or something. can someone recommend me a commander that works well for straightforward and powerful but fair edh stuff? i like all colors except blue, but i love red the most probably
>>
>>48328225

not really sure what you're talking about

be more specific, what exactly has been stopping you from winning?
>>
File: 1443968105617.gif (208 KB, 312x322) Image search: [Google]
1443968105617.gif
208 KB, 312x322
>Playing Liliana
>Have Brutal Exarch and Grim Haruspex
>one opponent drops Necropotence
>fuck me
>second opponent has no removal
>fuck
>draws 20 cards
>fuck
>second opponent still has no removal
>plays some creatures
>passes
>hold on
>end of combat
>Wake the Dead for 3
>Liliana, Zalaport Cutthroat, and Sidisi
>wtf do I have to deal with this
>sac Sidisi to exploit
>flip Lili and draw a card
>Draw Phyrexian Plaguelord
>oh shit we got this
>Tutor my card
>Sac Cutthroat to Wake, draw, and end
>my turn
>Drop Plaguelord
>Drop motha fuckin Mindsclicer
>Sac that shit
>my fucking face when Opponent exiles 24 cards cause of Necropotence
>>
>>48328277
i've only been playing around with her a little bit so i can't say for sure, but my wincon with the commander is kind of vague. i've mostly just put in card draw, reanimation, and removal, both in creature form and instant/sorcery form. i did pretty good in a 1v1 but FFA just seems like such a clusterfuck that i can't really do but slow others down. i don't really have anything that just straight up says "ok you guys are fucked" besides a couple of really big hitters (that granted, if not get exiled, will immediately come back to board if i have alesha or some other reanimation thing)

i'm pretty new to the EDH in general so it's hard for me to judge if my deck is really that bad for it.

i'll probably try to get a few more games in before doing some stuff. i'm using a proxy deck atm to test the thing out
>>
>>48328277
>>48328348
here's the full decklist if you think you can unfuck my shit

http://pastebin.com/UQPs0HmP

it's fun to play when it works but idk if it's good
>>
>>48328348

i think i know what you mean

alesha isnt really about heavy hitting its about lots of incremental advantage

i mean it sounds like you put the right things in your deck actually, since you dont want to play infinite combos, the only way you can win is by preventing your opponents from winning, so you need all the card draw and removal that you can get

alesha is definitely better 1v1 than multiplayer though, thats true of all fair decks that win by aggressive creature combat, no way to escape the fact that you have multiple people each with 40 life to kill

if you're going to win with a thousand cuts then you need to be prioritizing stopping your opponents
>>
>>48328293
Mindslicer meme plz go
Nobody wants your artificially spiked speculation
>>
>>48328569

I had one long before the inflation from the dollar bin. I don't even know why it spiked.
>>
File: images(5).jpg (22 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
22 KB, 265x370
>>48328533
Blade of selves on master of cruelties, just saying
>>
>>48328225
Not you again. Fuck off. You ignored any decent advice in the last thread and shitted it up by generating a proxy vs non proxy argument.

Buy a precon and check mtggoldfish for budget upgrades if $8 is too much for a Reveillark, then fuck off out of these threads forever.
>>
>>48328225
play Zada, Hedron Grinder and Arcbound
that way, if you end the game with damage, everyone dies
>>
>>48328533

list doesnt look too far off

slowly replace some of your low impact cards like goblin fire fiend/wall of blood, nighthowler, palace siege, trading post etc with more removal recursion and card draw that you're missing like shriekmaw, ingot chewer, wispmare, reveillark (i know you said you didnt want to combo but reveillark is too good not to have in a deck revolving around 2 power creatures)
>>
So I want to get into commander, but I'm scared by the price tag associated with it at my shop. Just looking at the average EDH player here decks seem to be around $700-$1,400. How can I even hope to play without dropping car payments on a deck?
>>
>>48327290
It it was still legal I'd pack a thousand of those. Because fuck the business model of land pricing.
>>
>>48328795

700$ is grossly, grossly inflated. If you want the best land, the best artifacts, the best creatures, and maybe foil them out sure, but you can easily build a fun, competitive deck for around 200. My Zada and Newzuri combined were like 250 and they're both pretty good.

The trick is to find a playgroup who DON'T have that much invested in decks so you can have fun without either investing way too much or getting stomped.
>>
>>48328795

>average EDH player here

here meaning your shop right? not meaning these edh generals?

cuz on these generals, the average seems to be $150-$400, which isnt nothing but, its a lot cheaper than $700-$1400

the thing about edh is, your deck's price is going to be super top heavy, the more expensive it is, the more top heavy it will be

when a deck costs more than $400-$500, half the price is locked up in special cards like ABUR dual lands, force of wills, mana crypts, etc

you can make a perfectly viable deck that can compete with them without any cards that cost more than $20-$30, and it will limit your options heavily, but you can go even lower than that and build a competitive budget deck if thats what you want

by and large you should be able to make any commander in the top 3 tiers viable for $200
>>
>>48326923
I have a question to tack on here:
>Do you theme your basics to your deck in any way?

But as for yours:
I have a fondness for the simple core set lands. Many of them just look like happy places I would like to hike to.

Minimum 15 (out of 35 lands + 8 accelerants) basics in even my greediest deck. I refuse to die to price of progress/back to basics

Price of progress. Sometimes you just dome everyone out of the game.
>>
>>48328792
>goblin fire fiend
i thought that would be good for killing squishy shrouded/hexproof stuff (ie. every commander ever). i suppose its a bit situational and requires red mana, which isn't that good in a 3 color deck

but yeah i'll probably pick up the reveillark since it's so good and get rid of the palace siege
>>
>>48328861
Those players might also have weaker decks, not saying that they'll use them, but if they roflstomp you continually you probably don't want to play with them anyway

Most high-cost cards in commander aren't required for the deck to operate, they're usually quality of life things that improve consistency like dual lands and such. Some commanders are more expensive to build than others, too.
>>
>>48328795
>choose your color(s) and playstyle
>choose a commander that matches above
>find a precon that matches the commander
>buy your commander
You now have a commander deck for less than $50, what you add to it is upto you
>>
>>48328919

i get where you're coming from now with the goblin fire-fiend (didnt understand when i read the list), but i definitely think its still not a good choice because that plan only works if they have no other creatures, they only have to block, not each creature

but anyway yeah i thik you have the right idea, just keep updating it with better replacements here and there, you have some good creatures to recursively etb and destroy something, i recommend more, (i guess im repeating myself, but yeah, you get the idea)
>>
File: 265.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
265.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>48326923
>what is your favorite basic land?
I don't really play Green but I love the John Avon Forest from Invasion. It's so serene and eerie. I also love this Mountain, it's super comfy.
>what percentage of your multicolor landbase is basics?
I don't have any multicolored decks right now.
>favorite nonbasic hate?
Price of Progress. Absolutely fucks greedy mana bases without drawing the salt that comes with MLD, I've won games with Price of Progress before.
>>
>>48328894
I try to theme my lands. I'm currently switching my basics in my Krenko deck from one of each pre-modern mountain to only mountains showing the goblin burrows from onslaught
>>
File: Commanders.jpg (1 MB, 1344x909) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.jpg
1 MB, 1344x909
I need to stop building with red, fuck

Help me /tg/, I want to go for a toolboxy/aggro-style commander, who would be good?
>>
>>48328795
The 2013 precon evasive maneuvers is prety decent you get 3 good bant commanders (derevi, roon and rubinia) and you get a bunch of staples like sol ring, signets, boots, command tower ect

The precons are really not that bad if you are just starting and cheap
>>
>>48329296

You have no green, green is good for toolbox, it has a lot of creature tutors
>>
>>48327290
"I only get to play one game before my group kicks me out": The Post
>>
>At LGS waiting for EDH night to start
>Start talking to some kid who was waiting for his friend to finish trading
>He mentions he loves eldrazi and had an Arlinn from a prerelease yesterday.
>Ask him how long he's been playing
>"About a week and a half"
>Coaxed him into trading me an Arlinn Kord for a Coax from the blind eternities and a bulk rare.
Is it usually this easy to Jew someone in a magic trade?
>>
>>48329296
Kazuul looks like my Zo-Zu deck, it got retired because of salt too. Every game would be 1v3 from the get go
>>
File: 1446953920577.png (125 KB, 249x301) Image search: [Google]
1446953920577.png
125 KB, 249x301
>>48329364
>>
>>48329321
Good point. Would Yisan be a good choice? I love tutoring shit from my library, hence Zirilan and Godo, but Godo is SUPER fucking linear. Strong and fun, but linear. First time he hits it's always Blade of Selves

I'd try Mayael but I'm really trying to stay away from red and try something different
>>
>>48328861
>grossly inflated

You mean you are to poor to put money into your decks?
>>
>>48329296
Do you still have your Kazuul list?
I'm trying to build mono-red control with him, but I'm not sure exactly what to put in him.
>>
>>48329378
Kazuul was very mean. Some of those cards made their way into Godo but MLD is a much smaller sub-theme than it was in Kazuul.

>>48329359
Don't choke on that salt
>>
>>48329364
Yes
I used to trade craw wurms for dual lands in revised because "lol its only a land you get like 30 lands each starter but look at this huge green fucker" harder now that sets have different rarity symbols but yeah kids are usually pretty trustworth with adults playing their game
>>
File: 1460599930252.png (118 KB, 373x367) Image search: [Google]
1460599930252.png
118 KB, 373x367
>Most people in my play group have been playing MTG for 2 years
>I've been playing since Mirrodin
>Intentionally neuter my Decks because I don't want to just crush people all the time
>They find out and tell me to make my deck the best I can
>I do
>I crush them with ease
>Complain my decks are too gay
>mfw
>>
>>48329396

yisan is powerful, i personally like him a lot, if you run a large creature count he wont get stale either (because you'll always have multiple options at each cmc) which is a complaint ive heard about yisan
>>
>>48329364
1: its no different than finding a wallet with cash. Take the cash and hand in the wallet.

2: Moral fags here will tell you that your an asshole. While you are, they are to. They would steal an arlinn some other way to save face.

3: There's a good chance they will both be 5 dollars by the end of next year.
>>
>>48329296
>Zirilan of the Claw
>Gwafa Hazid
clearly a man of taste
>>
>>48329433
I just enjoy playing more than one game and not getting hated out of groups.
>>
>>48329452

I would totally steal an Arlinn kord

But only from an LGS or vendor of some kind that could easily sustain the loss like its nothing

Morality is kinda whatever, people (including me) ignore it when it's convenient, but I personally don't like to fuck with new players, because it's my in interests for them to have a good experience and build a collection they're excited about
>>
>>48329409
I don't but I can tell you that you will never see anyone get as mad as when you have a Grand Melee and Heat Stroke out
>>
>>48329296
>Papa Godo
>Zirilan
>Odric

I like your style

Build some Golgari, Glissa lets you pull stuff from the yard. Or Sydri, since you seem to like artifacts
>>
>>48329364
Ive been trading kids useless jank all weekend for their eldritch evolutions, im down a whole bunch of bfz/oath bulk rares and up 23 evolutions, wew lad
>>
>>48329525
You mind taking a look at my list and giving me an idea if I'm too off base, or if it won't work?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kazuul-test/
>>
File: 1424991699412.jpg (55 KB, 584x410) Image search: [Google]
1424991699412.jpg
55 KB, 584x410
>>48329442
>Been playing since Onslaught
>Friends only for the last year
>Play EDH
>all my friends make janky decks
>Always taunt me when they beat me saying I must really suck if I lost to new players
>mfw I'm finally going to put Nether Void, Yawgmoth's will, Damnation, Necropotance and other awesome black cards into my Korlash deck

They aren't going to be laughing soon
>>
>>48329685

you know what really grinds my gears?

ive been begging them to reprint damnation for forever and even if they finally do, the planar chaos one with the GOAT border and white card name text will still be crazy expensive, and ill have to settle for some ugly bullshit with the m15 border, probably still pay an arm and a leg for it too
>>
>>48329747
Didn't WOTC say they weren't going to reprint the polar opposite cards from the time spiral block?
>>
>>48329763

>polar opposite cards

??

you mean the color-shifted cards?

they've already reprinted some
>>
>on vacation on new York
>I'm from bumpkin patch Canada, only ever played at one flgs
>go to a big shop in the middle of downtown to play the pre-release
>go 3-1 and crack Gissa and Geralf, Tree of Perdition, that new Thalia, a wolf of devil's breach, a declaration in stone and assorted jank
I'm super excited. What should I build next? I have a rooftop storm kicking around, but stax could be fun too. They have basically every commander too, I could even buy something random.
>>
>>48329852
did they?
>>
>>48329364
Shitty move, but it's also the kid's fault if they don't realize how much their own cards can actually be worth. Usually someone will tell them and they'll still make shitty trades, I traded a fucking Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth for Vhati Il-dal, or whatever the fuck it is/was. And neither of those cards will likely hold any value so whatever.
>>
>>48329912
Yes, Pongify and Brute Force are a couple of them
>>
>>48329763
>Polar opposite
>Another boardwipe
>in white
Cant wait
>>
>>48329899
Lord of Tresserhorn Zombie tribal.
>>
>>48329912

here's a list of all the planeshifted cards that have been reprinted

Blood Knight (full art promo)
Brute Force
Calciderm
Essence Warden
Groundbreaker (Full art promo)
Harmonize
Mana Tithe (Full art promo)
Mesa Enchantress
Primal Plasma
Prodigal Pyromancer
Pyrohemia
Rathi Trapper
Reckless Wurm (Promo)
Skirk Shaman
Sunlance

>>48329974

Pongify is not a colorshifted card, you might be thinking of ovinize
>>
>>48330041
How does red work in a zombie tribal? Not complaining, I just have never seen a red zombie that's not nekusar.
>>
>>48330068
That's the one. I thought of Pongify first because blue doesn't get kill cards like that. Nor should it
>>
>>48330087
Well there's also Thraximundar, but your point still stands.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (28 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
28 KB, 226x311
>>48330087
You could always go light into red. It has a lot of looting effects and zombies play nice with grave shenanigans.

>pic related
>>
>>48330087
It's more about flavor and using a really neat legend. Also, red gives you some good stuff, even as just a splash.
>>
>>48330087
Sedris
>>
>>48330177
That's actually an amazing idea. Wheel effects kick ass and I love tormenting voice. I think double strike grimgrin would be shenanigans. Thanks for giving me an awesome concept anon, I was honestly expecting expensive troll jank answers.
>>
>>48330138
Blue has gotten polymorph effects since 1995.
>>
>>48330244
Polymorph was a mistake
>>
Anyone have any nonobvious suggestions for Manifest.dec? I'm trying to do 5 color manifest and obviously, it is a mess.

I feel as though ways of looking at the top card of my library are very important as well as significant numbers of creatures, but at the same time, being a five color deck, it is hard to find the proper proportions.

In general, I want to keep the manifested cards a secret, so revealing the top card to everyone doesn't seem good.
>>
>>48330288

So were you, but no one is whining about that.
>>
>>48330300
No need to make it personal, anon
>>
File: 1.gif (46 KB, 278x121) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
46 KB, 278x121
>>48330300
>>
>>48330232
>inb4 but i dont want to pay $23 for a card i want wheel effects for 50c or less
>inb4 ill just proxy it
>in b4 proxy vs non proxy shitstorm like every fucking goddamned mtg thread on tg
>>
>>48330295
What do you have together so far? It sounds like it's going to be a rough road ahead of you; manifest is already a slightly awful mechanic.
>>
>>48330338
I spend far too much on magic as it is playing limited. If I can't afford it, I don't play it. It's that simple. I thought there were legends worth hundreds of dollars but it looks like the winner is Angus Mackenzie, and 80 bucks isn't too bad.
>>
>>48330295
>I'm trying to do 5 color manifest
Why? Is there even enough support for this?
>>
>>48330232
no prob anon

red also has some sac outlets in the form of goblin bombardment and shivan harvest

you just have to get a little creative and a theme starts to emerge
>>
>>48330350
Currently, I have Ninjas (to bounce shitty Manifests), Vela because she makes manifest tokens unblockable, a buttload of creatures with combat damage abilities (because I figure it would be fun with manifest), a few top of library control (Mirri's Guile, for example).

I'm thinking of adding stuff like Crush of Tentacles (as unlike tokens, it creates card advantage with Manifests) and a lot a lot more generic five color good stuff. And maybe some colorless matters.

It is a mess right now and I half want to start from the ground up, but it is tough. Manifest is really fun for me though and the idea of any card being a morph is exciting, as flipping a Balefire Dragon or Mindleech Mass after blocks seems very funny to me.

Here's the current list, but I am not fond of it. Domri and Narset are new additions, but I kind of like them as a means of peeking at the top card as well as get some value.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-07-16-manifest/
>>
So if I use eldritch invocation to sacrifice a token, I can fetch a creature with cmc 2 or less?
>>
>>48330417
Because it is fun and I have the biggest boner for Ugin's Fate cards.
>>
>>48330512
Normal tokens yes

Tokens that are copies of creatures will have the CMC of the creature that was copied.
>>
File: 1452811494253.jpg (22 KB, 250x196) Image search: [Google]
1452811494253.jpg
22 KB, 250x196
>>48330542
>I have the biggest boner for Ugin's Fate cards
>>
File: Wildcall.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Wildcall.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
>>48330688
They look cool as hell. I don't care if you didn't like Fate Reforged, I thought it was a pretty cool bit of prerelease swag.
>>
So I am going to be building a ghave deck but I have a feeling keeping track of all the tokens as well as all the +1/+1 counters going on to them is going to be a bit of a pain. Anyone have any tips on keeping track of all this or am I just going to need to print off a stack of saperlings and have a large mess of dice handy?
>>
>>48330848
Nah, just get a dice cube and two tokens, one for tapped, the other for untapped, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>48330848
basically this

though if you're playing ghave you're probably just going infinite anyway
>>
File: 1457915831848.jpg (88 KB, 820x774) Image search: [Google]
1457915831848.jpg
88 KB, 820x774
>>48330848
>goto local hobby store
>buy dried fungus used in railwat modelling as bushes
>tear into 1/2 inch squares
>your tokens are actual fungus
>your saprolings are actual fungus
>be known as a fungi to play with
>>
>>48330848

honestly things dont really get too crazy until magical christmas land scenarios start happening

specifically, cathar's crusade is annoying because each of your tokens can have a different number of +1/+1 counters

but other than that, its not too hard, you can pick up some saproling tokens, or you can just use empty sleeves, random face down cards from outside the game, etc to represent the saprolings

a lot of the time i just used pairs of dice, one counted the number of tokens, the other the p/t of that group of tokens
>>
>>48328225
In my experience Alesha doesn't do anything amazing without combos. I have a pretty casual meta, with only a few boardwipes per game, and even then I could only win maybe 1 in 6 games or so (3-5 player games, not a great win rate). I hear Alesha stax works well (maybe not without combos), but toolbox really needs a way to end the game outside the red zone. As for exile boardwipes, they really aren't a problem as long as you run enough sac outlets. The real issue is gravehate, especially lasting effects like RIP, and I've had trouble with Containment Priest in the past, but that's probably because I don't run enough instant/sorcery removal. Seriously though, why are you so anti combo? As long as you're not trying to combo out consistently on turn 3-5, your opponents should be able to interact with you and either stop you or make you earn your win.

TL;DR To win you either man the fuck up and play combo, or man the fuck up and play stax. If your meta can't handle these strategies with out crying about it play something else.
>>
File: conflux.jpg (77 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
conflux.jpg
77 KB, 312x445
It's finally time: post underrated cards that only you play
>>
What's some super spicy sauce for Sydri?
>>
File: 206.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
206.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>48331027
I like it. Fuck you all.
>>
>>48331029
Caltrops
>>
File: Jar of Eyeballs.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Jar of Eyeballs.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
>>48331027
Fuck Dream Halls and this thing. Fuck 'em.

Anyway, here's mine.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>48331027
>>
>>48328348
Razia's Purification, Tragic Arrogance, Cataclysm. If you play Razia's, play the Karoo lands for your colors, (orzhov basilica, boros garrison, rakdos carnarium) and/or mana rocks that make multiple mana.
>>
>>48331048

Wow, it's such a cool design, too bad it's garbage

Is it your commander? I guess you can build around it with untap effects, too bad there's so few of those in white and black

Should've been a 2/2 for WB with same abilities, or keep the same cmc but make only the first ability require a tap
>>
File: 76.jpg (72 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
72 KB, 312x445
>>48331080
>>48331048
>>48331083
Post them, friends, feel no shame.
>>
>>48331027
New Teyssa. With Elesh Norn it's just so awesome. Also Felidar Sovereign.
>>
File: 187.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
187.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>48331097
>too bad it's garbage
I'LL FIGHT U
>>
>>48331068
Oh shit that's gross
>>
>>48330295
In terms of cards that reveal the top card of your library you have the following:
future sight
magus of the future
oracle of mul daya
courser of kruphix
mul daya channelers
garruk's horde
skill borrower

But as you said it's not a good thing to have your plays revealed to everyone. I'd still include most of those cards but I'd also look into ways of scrying and shuffling. Here are some suggestions that come to mind, as I once too toyed with the idea of 5c manifest:
crystal ball
mirri's guile
sensei's divining top
scroll rack
thassa, god of the sea

But if you just want to peek at the top of your deck then there's sphinx of jwar isle.

If you ever manifest something you didn't want to, like an instant or sorcery, then temur sabertooth and tradewind rider can help bounce them back to your hand.
>>
>>48331112
>Felidar Sovereign
i always thought of putting it, but i think it's Cheap.
>>
File: 138.jpg (63 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
138.jpg
63 KB, 312x445
>>48331027
Is there even a good way to build a deck for her? everything just feels weaker than any other commander, even considering only the ones with 5 colors. isn't she supposed to be the fusion of two OP cards? why is she weak?
>>
>>48331153
Oh yeah, some selfbounce that isn't ninjas is probably a good idea. Thanks.

Crystal Ball is one of the better scry engines. Thanks. Scroll Rack's in there. At least, I thought it was in there. If not, I am being dumb.

Appreciate it. I think my best bet would be to cut some of these creatures. Sphinx Ambassador is hilarious to flip off of a manifest, but it is just bleh otherwise.
>>
File: tmp_16111-NT66buOh-1710970185.jpg (40 KB, 1024x395) Image search: [Google]
tmp_16111-NT66buOh-1710970185.jpg
40 KB, 1024x395
>>48330929 >>48330898

Yeah thats what I typically do with tokens but I've never had a deck that put counters on them before so I was a bit iffy.
>>48330908
Why buy fungus when I can just grow my own
>>
>>48331199
You really have to utilize her haste ability. I have a friend that runs her at the helm of a 5-c eldrazi tribal.

Play with a seperate gameplan in mind when you start her up, then use her ability to alpha strike your opponents to death.

>also include homeward path
>>
>>48331162
It's not that cheap because it's based on your upkeep. One fireball and felidar doesn't matter, and I know dies to removal is a meme, but it always gets hit with removal. Always.

That being said, my t2 combo is:
>t1, swamp, sol ring
>t2, swamp buried alive, entomb
>>
>>48329442
You could always find a janky ass theme to build a deck around (think oloro chair tribal, ladies facing left, etc), and then build the best deck you can on theme. You no longer have to hold back and the rest of your playgroup has a decent chance at winning.
>>
>>48331291

I like this idea but please pick a better theme than fucking chair tribal or ladies facing left, like fuck

Kys for even thinking of that stupid shit
>>
>>48330908
Underrated post
>>
>>48331291
Richard Kane Ferguson art tribal
>>
>>48331378
So... Dakkon Blackblade?
>>
>>48331427

Nebuchadnezzar has the goat art

But I suppose Nebuchadnezzar can be played in dakkon but not the other way around
>>
>>48331427
Hazezon would be better
>>
>>48331341
Nigger, I didn't even come up with those, just repeating deck themes I heard in other fucking edh thread.s
>>
>>48331450

oKay I'll redirect my anger toward the real culprit
>>
>>48331267
So you put 4 things in your graveyard? A better t2 would be:
>Swamp, Entomb
>Swamp, Animate Dead
>>
>>48331291
I built a Bear tribal EDH deck.
>>
>>48331083
I never understood why this doesn't see more play?
>>
>>48331512
Heavy monoblack commitment and heavy mana commitment over something like Arena.
>>
>>48331496
I usually run victimize instead and either pull Ob Nixilus Unshackled or Elesh Norn. More than likely, felidar isn't worth it, and I run Ayli, so I tend to have a fuck load of life. In oloro, Felidar is worse than Satan.
>>
>>48331083
Oh shit that's a neat card.
>>
File: dreamhalls.jpg (75 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
dreamhalls.jpg
75 KB, 312x445
>>48331027
This card does some filthy things in combination with
>>
Any ideas for Squirrel Tribal?
>>
>>48331631
a good combo is having those two, and plenty of cards in your deck to take spells from your graveyard, and just use conflux again and again. Broken as fuck.
>>
>>48331686
this

if you're in 5c, there is no shortage of recycle effects

regrowth, eternal witness, call to mind, etc.

I'm going to build this now
>>
>>48331501
Bear as in 2/2 for 2 or actual bears? Because I had an idea for a deck awhile ago that I called better bears, just a deck of 2/2's for 2 that are strictly better than grizzly bears. I think meekstone is the MVP for a list like this.
>>
>>48331876
Bear as in fat hairy gay dudes
>>
>>48331876
Actual bears.
>>
>>48331199
Yeah, Maro has admitted Karona was a hardcore fuckup a few times.
>>
>>48332072
Huh, well I prefer card mechanics, but if homosexual card art is your thing then more power to ya.

>>48332091
Neat, deck list?
>>
File: received_1039903509390976.jpg (88 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
received_1039903509390976.jpg
88 KB, 640x960
How do i transform the Great deck into edh? I want to secure the existence of dredge and dredge players. Should i go Glissa or the Meren as general, also useful cards plz
>>
>>48332214
You'd want to play Meren. Dumping extra creatures into your yard is something that both dredge and Meren want.
>>
>>48332153
Not on me. But its literally every green bear plus good green cards
>>
>>48332278
Surrak temur bear tribal for uncounterable trample bears or Surrak the Cunt Haller for mono green haste bearpunching
>>
File: 1468532873500.jpg (396 KB, 1401x1889) Image search: [Google]
1468532873500.jpg
396 KB, 1401x1889
Why is EDH the best format outside of Legacy?
>>
File: formats.jpg (56 KB, 315x960) Image search: [Google]
formats.jpg
56 KB, 315x960
>>48332445
Pic related
>>
File: images(6).jpg (9 KB, 320x210) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
9 KB, 320x210
>>48332477
Modern
>>
>>48332477
>vintage is a bunch of old farts showing off

Why is this so true?
>>
>>48332477
>>48332516
Sealed
>>
>>48326923
>wastes
>1/3
>new thalia

Wastes let me make an ulamog deck without having to put 10x more money into the landbase than the entire rest of the deck. Also now I can use solemn simulacrum and other basic land ramp spells.

Wastes were the best thing wizards have done in ages.
>>
Who is the best commander for degenerate artifact shenanigans? The type that is guaranteed to make me the archenemy.
>>
>>48332666
Daretti, Never Forgetti Stax
>>
>>48332666
Either Arcum or Daretti are generally used in degenerate artifact decks. Sharuum works too.
>>
>>48332666
Arcum
>>
>>48332666
Arcum is guaranteed to get pretty bonkers. I know a guy that has a Muzzio deck that is pretty wild when it goes off, but it's less consistent
>>
File: 1464584883520.png (88 KB, 782x472) Image search: [Google]
1464584883520.png
88 KB, 782x472
>>48332666
>mfw i just want a UR artifact commander
Wizards + Kaladesh plz
>>
>>48332778
I share your pain, anon.

I want Muzzio, Tezzeret, Daretti and Kurkesh to be in the same deck under an artificer commander so badly.
>>
File: wayne-reynolds-mad-prophet-mtg.jpg (591 KB, 3069x2417) Image search: [Google]
wayne-reynolds-mad-prophet-mtg.jpg
591 KB, 3069x2417
>>48332778
>>48332803

IT WILL HAPPEN

WE WILL GET AN IZZET ARTIFICER LEGENDARY IN KALADESH, HEAR ME!

IT WILL BE EVERYTHING YOU DESIRE, EXCEPT IT WILL HAVE AWFUL ART, RESEMBLING AN INDIAN MAD SCIENTIST!

HERE ME, AND REMEMBER WHEN THE SEASON OF KALADESH SPOILERS ARRIVES!
>>
File: images(9).jpg (34 KB, 340x433) Image search: [Google]
images(9).jpg
34 KB, 340x433
>>48333106
>mfw its even the wrong type of Indian
>>
>>48333106
Remember when people wished for a legendary werewolf? Put away the monkey's paw.
>>
>>48332519
More like vintage doesn't exist any more for regular people and is a format for eccentric rich people
>>
File: MAD PROPHET.jpg (23 KB, 127x189) Image search: [Google]
MAD PROPHET.jpg
23 KB, 127x189
>>48333179
>>48333202

YOU'LL GET A LEGENDARY IZZET ARTIFICER ALL RIGHT. ..

IT'S COMING! HE WILL USHER A NEW ERA OF ARTIFACT EDH PLAY AMONG US!
>>
>>48333237
It wil also be a rigger who enables contraptions

$800 foil steamflogger go
>>
File: 47.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
47.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>48331027
>>
File: 2014-dauthi-embrace-cropped.jpg (140 KB, 464x664) Image search: [Google]
2014-dauthi-embrace-cropped.jpg
140 KB, 464x664
>>48331027
>>
>>48333586
This card though

>Not only making your own dudes unblockable, but forcing your opponents to block with their high value creatures by giving another one of your opponent's bombs shadow, then giving the creature you want to block shadow as well
>>
>>48333226
Just get fakes, fuck craig berry and all the other scalping faggots
>>
So just finished my Sultai deck with Sidisi as its commander.

everything but Sidisi is undead, from spectres to zombies to skeletons they are all dead.

Now just to get my hands on a Cadaverous bloom.
>>
>>48332214
Gitrog Dredge is pretty sweet my dude.
>>
File: Jund.jpg (34 KB, 400x280) Image search: [Google]
Jund.jpg
34 KB, 400x280
>>48326734
I was too poor to build ragenath when he came out, and then gitrog came out, so I decided to build Jundlandfall/sac, mostly becaise of borborygmos enraged + gitrog.

How do I build it, though? /tg/ please help a poor w/u autist out.
>>
Speaking of proxies, anyone know where i can get hi res scans of the planechase cards? I know they are reprinting them but fuck paying $200 for a ftv
>>
File: 1373671005008.jpg (22 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1373671005008.jpg
22 KB, 500x376
>>48329747
>mfw I bought my playset years ago for ~30$ and traded bulk for 2 more.

Can't even play my normal pet MBC deck anymore because Commander decks hoard all the Damnations and I can't bring myself not to include black in any deck I make. I guess I'm just born that way.
>>
File: phase.jpg (14 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
phase.jpg
14 KB, 200x285
RULES QUESTION

if I enchant an opponents commander with this, and use the activated ability to phase out their commander, could they send to command zone in response?

Thanks!
>>
>>48334743
there's no real good jund commander for that strategy, as much as there should be

more than any other wedge, jund got shafted for EDH unless you want to make prossh.dek
>>
>>48334909
3 seconds on google
903.11. If a commander would be exiled from anywhere or put into its owner's hand, graveyard, or library from anywhere, its owner may put it into the command zone instead. This replacement effect may apply more than once to the same event. This is an exception to rule 614.5.

702.25d. The phasing event doesn't actually cause a permanent to change zones or control, even though it's treated as though it's not on the battlefield and not under its controller's control while it's phased out. Zone-change triggers don't trigger when a permanent phases in or out. Counters remain on a permanent while it's phased out. Effects that check a phased-in permanent's history won't treat the phasing event as having caused the permanent to leave or enter the battlefield or its controller's control.
>>
>>48334909
No.

Command Zoning is a replacement effect for going to the Graveyard or Exile, and this is what the Comp Rules says about zone change and phasing:

702.25d The phasing event doesn’t actually cause a permanent to change zones or control, even though it’s treated as though it’s not on the battlefield and not under its controller’s control while it’s phased out. Zone-change triggers don’t trigger when a permanent phases in or out. Counters remain on a permanent while it’s phased out. Effects that check a phased-in permanent’s history won’t treat the phasing event as having caused the permanent to leave or enter the battlefield or its controller’s control.
>>
>>48332666
Arcum can effectively lock down the board on t5
>>
>>48331525
>Arena.
Now, I fucking love Arena

But that's not exactly the card I'd compare that t-
wait
you meant Phyrexian Arena?
>>
File: spicy meatball.jpg (23 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
spicy meatball.jpg
23 KB, 670x503
>>48334935
>>48334973

Thanks !
>>
What mono B big black commander would you guys recommend
>>
>>48335156
kuro, pitlord
>>
>>48335156
The only mono black commander
Erebos, the God of Fuck
>>
File: Greven.jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Greven.jpg
56 KB, 312x445
>>48335156
>>
>>48335156
Ghoulcaller Gisa, Sheoldred
>>
>>48335156
Sidisi, and not the meme combo version, just make a GoodStuff mono b deck with a tutor for everything as your commander.
>>
>>48335074
Yes.
>>
>>48330985
it's not my group, it's more that i don't like playing combos. i had a combo deck earlier, and while i won a lot of games with it, i soon realized no one was having fun, not even myself. assembling a few cards while others are distracted and then playing them and instantly winning the game is kinda lame. i'd prefer something more telegraphed so i can gloat. i mean, "soft" combos like reveillark and karmic guide reviving each other to bring up the entire graveyard onto the table is fine, but if that combo suddenly involves goblin bombardment and instantly kills everyone, then it becomes a little too cheesy in my opinion.

i'm honestly glad that my group doesn't play infinite damage combos and i'd prefer it to stay that way.

maybe i'll find some other commander to play if alesha doesnt start working out.
>>
Why is Coalition Victory banned?
>>
>>48331029
As the other Anon said, Caltrops

There's also Mycosynth Lattice (Sydri now reads U: Destroy target land) and Liquimetal Coating for a one-shot version of the effect.

There's also Staff of Nin, which can be a big-ass beater or removal spell every turn, on top of being card advantage.
>>
File: 1395178269761.jpg (27 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
1395178269761.jpg
27 KB, 299x300
Ban list update today, lads.

Do you think we'll see a Mana Crypt ban? I literally just got one for 80 dollarydoos
>>
If Bruna is your commander, Brisela counts as your commander as long as she's on the battlefield after the meld, right?
>>
>>48336976
Official word is yes, because commanderness is an inherent property of the physical card (hence clones / copies not dealing commander damage)
>>
File: 40.jpg (69 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
69 KB, 312x445
Has anyone here played a Shauku deck? How did it go, and was it fun? I'm thinking of building her
>>
>>48336926
Oh jeez. Maybe? Seemed a bit dumb on your part.
>>
>>48336986
Sounds kinda fun.

What would be the best way to protect Gisela, since that seems like the most vulnerable part of playing Brisela? I figure Pull from Eternity might be surprisingly useful in that deck.
>>
>>48337011
My only thought pertaining to Shauku is loner enchantments like Homicidal Seclusion. Other obvious suspects are Thousand Year Elixer and Magewright Stone.

Visara is probably more manageable, but Shauku is cool.
>>
what time of day is the new banned list released?
>>
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18278

EDH banlist for July 2016
Banned: no change
Unbanned: no change
Rules changes: no change
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Anyone play ezuri? Here's my list, trying to tune it with my competitive playgroup because they're a bunch of niggers who'll get reaaal salty after losing to a tier 3 commander.

Went the combo route, are there any other combos that I can shove in there?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-07-16-thraximundar/

Any suggestions lads? Intentionally didn't put in any counterspells because I'm tired of running them tbqh senpai.
>>
>>48332477
>>48332552
I guess this explains why my favorite formats are EDH and Draft.
>>
>>48337011
I've played her before, not as the commander. My experience is that she's shockingly expensive even as black and her ability is slow spot removal that clashes with her fat body's ability to kill.

I might try to make her work better some time, but she's not high on my list.

I think she's pretty cool and somehow own two copies, so I always get the urge to do something with her. Honestly, she's kind of best as a 99. Spot exile is extremely rare in black, and enemies often burn their own removal on her.
>>
>>48335156
>Korlash
>Volrath
>Greven
>Sheoldred
>>
File: 289.jpg (50 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
289.jpg
50 KB, 312x445
>>48326923
My favorite land, I have over 40 of them. There's also this Onslaught forest I absolutely love, I want to buy a print of it.
>>
File: 347.jpg (66 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
347.jpg
66 KB, 312x445
>>48337924
This is the forest I was talking about.
>>
>>48332634
I definitely agree with you, I did the same thing with my Karn deck. The funny thing is that even though I switched over to wastes, I've slowly been putting more quality nonbasics into my deck. I think I'll settle somewhere around 8-10 wastes with my inclusion of Nephalia Academy and Homeward Path.
>>
>>48333106
>mfw the commander is artifact-centric but doesn't have the artificer subtype
>>
>>4833747

bumping for phyrexian glory
>>
>>48337479
bumping for phyrexian glory
>>
>>48337479
Not really a suggestion for combos, but you should totes theme your basics. Get some new phyrexia lands in there, son.
>>
>played against my friends 150 dollar trostani deck with a 30 dollar marchesa deck
>didn't even know what cards the deck had or how to play the deck
>"wait, you get the creatures back on every end step, not just my own?"
>curbstomped him

holy shit i love this commander
>>
File: c4rd4r7_4Vci7ve9Ww.jpg (319 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_4Vci7ve9Ww.jpg
319 KB, 750x450
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wild-gruudstuff/

I need to make cuts for
>Xenagos, God & Walker
>Harmonize
>Kodama's Reach
>Apocalypse Hydra
>Kozilek's Return
>Swiftfoot Boots
>Artisan of Kozilek

What should go?
>>
File: 21axocn.jpg (46 KB, 1314x739) Image search: [Google]
21axocn.jpg
46 KB, 1314x739
>>48338099
>Played MTG since Mirrodin
>Stop playing for a few years
>Come back because all my friends are playing EDH
>They've spent months tuning their decks
>I make a deck in 30 minutes
>Win all5 of my first games
>mfw

It feels soo damn good knowing that you can still make decks after all that time
>>
File: 49.jpg (73 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
49.jpg
73 KB, 312x445
Does someone have any sekrit tech for pic related?

I had a Meren deck and I decided to tinker it a bit, my friends doesn't have the same happy experience with Meren as I did, so she usually dies the moment she hits the field, what do you guys run to make the deck run smooth even without Meren?
>>
>>48338211
Add in cards that keep your opponent boardstate down. The reason that meren is good is because she makes an impact when she enters, it doesn't matter if she's on the battlefield or not. Keep playing your game plan, she's only going to add to it.

Also, life from the loam shenanigans
>>
>>48338211
Board wipes.
>>
>>48338247
>she makes an impact when she enters
How? She only triggers at the end step.

>>48338259
I am already adding some, but I want something to make my deck run, and not try to stop my opponents from doing anything and make the game last 4 hours+.
>>
>>48338313
> not try to stop my opponents from doing anything and make the game last 4 hours+.

I can respect that. I myself run 18 board wipes in my Volrath deck. All my playgroup's decks are fast and mine tend to be slow so I need to constantly nuke the board
>>
>>48338211
Grave pact and dictate of erebos. Any sac outlets you can afford like ashnod's altar, phyrexian vault, etc.
>>
>>48326923
This is one of my favorite swamps.
>>
File: EDH Decks.jpg (536 KB, 1344x1306) Image search: [Google]
EDH Decks.jpg
536 KB, 1344x1306
>>48338313
I'm starting to notice all the decks I'm building are gearing towards punishing games that would go that long.
>Mizzix, if the game's that inactive I'll oneshot the table and leave
>Zurgo SMASH TINY DURDLERS
>Avacyn will just boardwipe everything off the map every other turn
>Narset's almost done, will probably just combo out by then
>Next deck is Ayli, if I hit 50 I'll just start vindicating everything

All my older commanders can play a durdly game, I wonder what's up with that.

Oh, and time to post 'em.
>>
>>48338489
My standard deck uses only that art of Graveborn Swamp.
>>
File: 311.jpg (56 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
311.jpg
56 KB, 312x445
Almost all my decks have black in them. I wish monoblack wasn't so boring, because there's many monoblack commanders I really like.

Putting the finishing touches on my Karlov deck right now, and thinking of making Sidisi, Brood Tyrant next.
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 252x200) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 252x200
>blue is my most despised color
>all my commander decks are blue

You become what you hate?
>>
>>48338630
All my decks are some combination of black, white and blue. It sucks because I don't have duplicates of alot of the staples that need to go in every deck
>>
>>48338718
>all decks are blue

How else are you supposed to deal with cyclonic rift? Play nevermore and hope they don't counter it? Incidentally, I do that.
>>
File: 1425076869583.png (337 KB, 522x748) Image search: [Google]
1425076869583.png
337 KB, 522x748
>>48338718
>Only one other person in my playgroup plays Blue
>He's been playing since Urza's legacy and has a shit ton of dangerous stuff
>mfw he plays the same way I do and intentionally doesn't make gay decks
>>
>>48338757
Yeah, my Urborgs only go in the decks that really need them.
>>
>>48338760
Well not mono blue, more along that they all feature blue. It doesn't help my case that they all run every counterspell I own

>>48338778
What constitutes a gay deck?
>>
>>48338718
My least favorite color is white, but white is common in my EDH decks.

Combinations are more than the sum of their parts. RB is my favorite two color. Green is my favorite mono.
>>
>>48331144
>>48331068
What's even grosser is when somebody swings out with their craterhoof'd field laughing at the one damage, and you either flash in Humility or you turn the caltrops into a creature and give it deathtouch. Absolutely hysterical to play with in Sydri, Galvanic Genius. Caltrops becomes "BUW: Destroy all attacking creatures. You gain life equal to the number of creatures destroyed this way."
>>
>>48338814
I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description ["gay decks"], and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it.
>>
>>48338814
>What constitutes a gay deck?
A deck that can combo into a win in less than 10 turns with relative ease
>>
>>48338801
Fortunately I got a playset of Damnations when Planar Chaos came out so I've had enough of those to go around.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>48339256
>No kills before turn 10

Fucking gross
>>
>>48339287
Oh, there's kills. I'm just talking about things like

>Ok, I take infinite turns and have infinite mana.
>ok, I mill everyone's deck down to zero and end my turn

those kinds of things. especially if it's the decks only way to win
>>
>>48339345
So you're basically saying you hate Narset? because I hate narset as well, they think their more diverse than nekusar
>>
Are gold bordered cards from the old world championship decks banned in EDH?
Asking because I found a gold meekstone while organizing yesterday and I'd love to throw it into the Mizzix I'm building.
>>
>>48339475
They're banned for all tournament play but I'd let you use it in my group. It's a casual format, check with your friends.
>>
>>48339345
I like decks that have natural combos. Like I have a Grimgrin EDH deck that happens to contain Rooftop Storm, Gravecrawler and Diregraf Captain. Sometimes you're just going to murder everyone because you can, but you're not playing any one of those cards just because of the combo, they're each individual contributions to the deck as a whole. I also have Mikaeus and Triskelion in my Ghave deck, but again those are both really good individual cards in the deck, and the same with Sanguine Bond and Exquisite Blood in Obzedat.

That kind of stuff is acceptable to me, as long as you're not spending the whole game just tutoring up those combos.
>>
>>48339475
Meekstone isn't even expensive, so I doubt anyone would really give a shit.
>>
File: rise of Fbltph.png (2 MB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
rise of Fbltph.png
2 MB, 1600x1000
>>48338111
Bump
>>
>>48339527
pretty much this. I'm fine with combos, just don't make the point of the deck to combo
>>
>>48338313
Use Nim deathmantle. When they kill Meren, all you have to do is pay 4 to put her back in.
>>
File: invoke prejudice.png (319 KB, 315x448) Image search: [Google]
invoke prejudice.png
319 KB, 315x448
>>48338521
Would you mind posting blues clues? I'm incredibly interested
>>
>>48338593
>tfw the swamps from graveborn are the most bent cards in my collection
>>
File: 220.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
220.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
>>48339872
I haven't even started a decklist yet, I just had the idea the other day. It's probably gonna end up being a new flavor of Mono-U artificer.
>>
File: 71.jpg (76 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
71.jpg
76 KB, 312x445
Am I too late for the spicy sekrit tech party? Fuck you and your big X spell too.

>>48331048
There's one on my binder, ever waiting to be built-around.
>>
>>48339508
>>48339554
My LCS has occasional EDH tournaments, they're sanctioned, so I assume it'd be unusable there?
>>
>>48339923
Bend them back. Worked for me.
>>
>>48340113
Probably not, but again, Meekstone is pretty cheap.
>>
File: RecurringInsight.jpg (41 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
RecurringInsight.jpg
41 KB, 223x311
Post the best blue spells possible. I need good ideas for my Patron of the Moon deck
>>
What are some fun cards for a Numot deck? Degenerates have been allowed to combo off with gaea's cradle for the last time. There were three (3!) Out last night in the 5 man I was in. It ends now.
>>
>>48339574

>Oh my, sorry I blew up your plane! I'm lost, you see...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 79

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.