[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are tables with a sunken surface somehow better for gaming? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 12375454823_0300da2623_z.jpg (129 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
12375454823_0300da2623_z.jpg
129 KB, 640x427
Are tables with a sunken surface somehow better for gaming?
I always see this with gaming tables, but I've only used card tables.
>>
Dice are far less likely to roll off a sunken table.
>>
File: W2rd96V.jpg (2 MB, 4524x2545) Image search: [Google]
W2rd96V.jpg
2 MB, 4524x2545
>>48325810
Really? That's it?
I just don't throw my dice like I'm playing craps.

Seems like a solution for a non-issue.

Plus, having to work on thin table ledges for other stuff seems like a pain in the ass.
>>
>>48325797
Most of the sunken surface table designs mean fewer lost dice / game parts as they're far less likely to be dropped off the table, and many have a cover for the sunken area allowing a game to be covered and resumed later while still using the table normally otherwise.
>>
File: 1436826632710.jpg (767 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1436826632710.jpg
767 KB, 3264x2448
>>48325835
Wide rim for comfort and utility, and a cover for the main area too.
>>
>>48325810
I have a friend who would still miss
>>
>>48325835
YOU don't. What does what you do have to do with what anyone else does?
>>
>>48325872
This would be great with a well done 3d table sculpted in there and then a glass sheet over top when not in use. It would look great.
>>
>>48325797
>>48325872
>Fancy table with a fancy lip.
>You have to reach into it to move your stuff, not a huge issue.
>Fixed play area. (Can't just shove another table next to it to expand the area for bigger games)
>Usually not enough room to play large games like Kingdom Death.
>Not so great for any miniature gaming.
Seems a bit silly to me.
>>
>>48328058
>Fixed play area. (Can't just shove another table next to it to expand the area for bigger games)
>>48325872 has a second lip that you can throw a leaf into and cover it up
>Usually not enough room to play large games like Kingdom Death.
Ditto.
Ditto.
>>
>>48328058
What? Just get a mat and put your terrain inside it. Only a problem if your game of choice needs something huge, like 6x4 or more.
>>
>>48328058
>>Usually not enough room to play large games like Kingdom Death.
>>Not so great for any miniature gaming.
That's when you just put the lid back on and play like it's a normal table.

For KD, you can put the settlement in the sunken section, and move the showdown around on the lid.
>>
>>48328311
Or anything sub standard like 3x3 or 4x4 which also don't fit in it.

And if I'm covering up the hole anyway why the balls would I have it in the table in the first place?

>>48328351
Or I could just have a big enough table to have everything out at once and not have to worry about shuffling stuff around constantly.

Dunno why you'd buy a large, heavy, usually expensive piece of furniture just for games. Can't really use it for anything else. If you eat there you'd worry about damage and if anything spilled it would be ruined.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.