[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Burning out on Heroic Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: FUN.jpg (36 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
FUN.jpg
36 KB, 500x315
Hey /tg/,
I've decided that I have a burnout of all things Heroic Fantasy has to offer. I can't play or GM it anymore for lengthy periods of time.
Is this normal? Anyone else has similar thing happening to them?

Just to be clear, I started back in the day (maybe 15 years ago) with AD&D 2ED and played and DMed a lot of Heroic Fantasy settings and systems.
>>
File: 8b1[2].png (666 KB, 1126x845) Image search: [Google]
8b1[2].png
666 KB, 1126x845
>>48318506
>Is this normal?
What's your favorite meal?
If I were to give it to you for every single day, would you get sick of it after a month?
>>
Change genres for a few months or years, then read or watch a heroic fantasy story that seems fresh to you, then you'll enjoy the genre again.
>>
Roleplaying in general is kinda lame if you lead an exciting life and have real adventures.

So maybe try some of that?
>>
>>48318549
>So maybe try some of that?
LARPing? Robbing banks? Paintball? MMA? Joining the ISIS?
>>
>>48318571
Oh join ISIS, they do all kinds of stuff. Truckdriving, singing, fighting western dogs. Its a real blast.
>>
>>48318522
I eat buckwheat for breakfast for years
And I'm ready to keep it for all eternity
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
>>
>>48318571
No, the opposite, lead a boring life of drudgery so role-playing feels fresh.
>>
>>48318595
>No, the opposite, lead a boring life of drudgery so role-playing feels fresh.
Get a job as a desk clerk? Accountant? Programmer? What?
>>
>>48318619
Be a football playing king in space.
>>
>>48318506
Play western or sci-fi RPGs for a while
Alternatively, up your game, put more effort/dedication into it
>>
File: yeah_no.gif (407 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
yeah_no.gif
407 KB, 250x250
>>48319499
>Alternatively, up your game, put more effort/dedication into it
This makes no sense.
>>
>>48318506
Yeah, I feel you. Go play some Shadowrun and be an amoral mercenary criminal for a bit to clear your head and you'll get right back into step.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.