[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resin casting Imperial Guard Army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: creed1.jpg (33 KB, 396x500) Image search: [Google]
creed1.jpg
33 KB, 396x500
Sup fa/tg/uys.

So as the titles states, I am looking at resin casting an imperial guard army.

Oh no copyright ect ect. I am not am not paying upwards of 700$ for a decent sized IG army. Not like a mouth breather at a GW store would know the difference, but I am more interested in playing in local stores/outside of tournaments. I have done wax lost casting with metal in the past, I have done resin casting for model parts.

However I am trying to figure out the best vehicles/units to cast. I am considering a cadian shocktrooper squad, a CCS, a Chimera, a Russ and perhaps a hellhound. Valkyries are expensive and I don't see a big need for them.

The most expensive acquisition will be the armor. So considering I am going to be cranking out unit after unit, what vehicles should I consider adding/removing from that list. Honestly I really wanted a basilisk.

Pic related. The commander I will be using because 2 warlord traits.
>>
>>48300997
The Chimera is built on the Hellhound chassis so all you need to do is buy the turret online and cast that separately.

You could probably do with a command squad too. Flags are cool, and you want them to look different from your basic infantry at a glance.
>>
>>48300997
It's funny because you'll probably spend $700 making a shitty set up.

Built your vac chamber yet you unemployed cuck?

lol

Make America Great Again so we don't have to deal with these unemployed wetbacks.
>>
File: DSCN0869.jpg (2 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0869.jpg
2 MB, 4608x3456
So Recasting thread?

The largest resin thing I've cast is Dreadnoughts.

This Chaos Breadnought was the last one, horrible fucker to do.

The original was Lead and had been glued together with a fuckton of epoxy. There was literally no way to take it apart without gnashing the edges.
>>
>>48300997
why dont you just buy recasts from the based chinaman?
>>
>>48302048
>wanting to save money makes you a mexican

Congratulations on making us trump supporters look bad, and indirectly perpetuating the "trump hates all mexicans" meme.

Nigger.
>>
Just buy Chinacast
>>
>>48300997
>trying to figure out the best vehicles/units to cast

Are you going to mould and cast each plastic piece individually? Or have fewer larger moulds and just cast the parts as solid resin blocks.

That's a fair number of moulds for a tank
>>
>>48303244
Nice try Pablo.
>>
>>48302008

I have never rocked IG. So that seems like a plan.

>>48302048

Bait for the bait god.

>>48303000
>>48303301

Because I would prefer buying 1 model, casting my own then selling the original. Making this whole process basically free.

>>48303794

Going off my Razor back as an example, You have 8 large pieces, the turrets and top hatch and treads. This doesn't include little bits. Once I have built the molds once, they are good for several recasts. If it takes me 4 hours to setup a russ for casting, then letting everything cure that's fine Considering I could pump out 6 tanks in short order after that. cleaning off flashing is like cleaning up mold lines so no worries there.
>>
>>48306160
That isn't a bad idea, especially when you are going to have a ton of grunts on the table. Make sure to do a few tests before selling the models of course. When I initially recast some of my bloodcrushers I had a lot of issues with some pieces.
>>
>>48306320

I would make a master mold. If it turns out good and produces an excellent end result, I will be keeping one unassembled. That way i have a way to remake the mold if necessary.

From my days of recasting scale models and railroad shit I know what I can do. Soldiers, easy. CCS easy. I will get a chimera and the bits to make it into a hellhound/basilisk/hydra/manitcore. A russ I thought would be good. Maybe a valkyrie....

And with resin casting, i could field 300 shock troops.....
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.