[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OVA vs BESM? i am trying to recreate hunterxhunter in one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Gon_rock.jpg (276 KB, 691x805) Image search: [Google]
Gon_rock.jpg
276 KB, 691x805
OVA vs BESM? i am trying to recreate hunterxhunter in one of this systems, which is the best? or is there a better option?
>>
halp please
>>
>>48300385
Both are near useless.
Write a SRS game yourself.
>>
>>48300385
Honestly Anon, both of them are pretty terrible choices.
Depending on what you want to model, Mutants & Masterminds 3e or Fate are two systems that can do what you probably want to much better than BESM or OVA.
>>
>>48303374
>>48303307
I just want a game that i can mod it into hxh
>>
>>48300385
OVA a shit.
BESM is better but still not good.

Honestly I'd point you at GURPS, then HERO, then tristat, then m&m, then savage worlds. In that order.
>>
>>48303416
If someone was willing to teach gurps i would take a look at it
>>
>>48303385
So take Double Cross, mod it to HxH and by the time you're done, you will have written your own SRS game.

Or you could just use Marvel Heroic Roleplaying, no modding needed.
>>
>>48303546
why MHR?
>>
>>48303589
Why not MHR?
>>
>>48300385
I'm literally playing a game, right now, with Nen users as a major powersource.
Mutants and Masterminds runs it perfectly. Use limits and quirks to represent Vows and Limitations.
>>
File: iC9iDcK.png?1.png (57 KB, 636x542) Image search: [Google]
iC9iDcK.png?1.png
57 KB, 636x542
>>48303645
>>48300385
Part of our Nen Master's sheet with some of her Hatsu.

The system is very good for covering a wide variety of powers.
>>
>>48303523
GURPS general people are very friendly.

But basically:
The unique part of being a GURPS gm boils down to choosing which options to include and not to include. Id suggest starting out assuming only the basic set, and only the mundane options from it, then add what you want from there.

>GURPS basic set books 1&2 cover the core rules and tons of options.
>How to be a GURPS gm is your gm guide.
>Powers it what you use to design any super powers.
>Martial arts covers more detailed Martial arts rules, if you want them.
>Thaumatology and it's supplements are for picking the pieces to have the magic system you want for your campaign.

To make sure your players aren't overwhelmed and to make sure they make characters that fit your campaign, it's suggested that you use or make templates/lenses, collections of pre selected attributes, skills, advantages, and/or powers. Making them is easy, as you're literally just making a list of options you're combining together into a package.

GURPS general could help you more, I'm pretty new to the system myself.
>>
>>48300385
GURPS, HERO, Marvel Heroic Role-playing, FATE, and Mutants and Masterminds could ask do this easily, depending on the style of mechanics you're looking for.
>>
>>48300385
Wild Talent or die
>>
>GURPSfags shilling again
take your autism game and get out

OP, OVA is far better than BESM
>>
>>48300385
OVA has less options, less flexibility, less everything. If you want to recreate Hunter X Hunter, and your only choices are OVA and BESM, you'll have better luck with BESM.
If you ARE going to use BESM, use 3rd Edition. It's the most complete version of the game.
>>
>>48303836
>Autism game
Serious question & follow-ups:
Have you ever actually played GURPS?
Have you even read it?
If you have have actually played it, what was your problem with it?

Because (having only had a chance to read it and not play it) it looks pretty good, and seems to be able to cover quite a range of settings/characters, significantly more than most systems.
>>
File: 1441546736562.jpg (312 KB, 1151x1716) Image search: [Google]
1441546736562.jpg
312 KB, 1151x1716
>>48303793

I'd say a hunter x hunter campaingn (where characters vary between 500-2000 points of value at least) is way too overwhelming for his first GURPS game.

Something simpler like FATE will have an easier time creating appropriate powers for everyone.

Your first GURPS game should almost always be a dungeon fantasy one in my opinion.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.