[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG: Eldritch Moon Prerelease General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: EMN_Header2_20.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1120) Image search: [Google]
EMN_Header2_20.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1120
I want the eldrazi to stay gone edition.

>What did you draft
>Who is going to midnight prerelease
>Sick pulls
>Crazy combo

Discuss all Eldritch Moon prerelease stuff here
>>
http://mythicspoiler.com/ for full spoiler
>>
I hope someone somewhere gets the triskadekaphobia tree combo. Would build around that Jank if I pulled it
>>
I'm super nervous anons. I'm gonna be way too tired to get up for the prerelease tomorrow but I want to do well anyway.
>>
>>48298489
Have you done a prerelease before?
>>
I'm going tomorrow and I'm hoping to get the triskaitree combo for maximum fun
If not, I'll probably do a madness/bant human spirit deck, since they seem to be the best color combos
>>
I'm hoping I get a promo Gisa and Geralf for Commander
>>
>>48298517
Only the Shadows prerelease. I didn't get stomped or anything, I won individual games, but I didn't win a match.
>>
This is my first prerelease, anything I should expect? I've only played magic with 2 friends and I'm going in blind
>>
how much does a prerelease cost
>>
>>48298795
For us it's $20 pre pay and $25 the day of. Which is a good deal for sure
>>
>>48298714
As long as you have the general grasp of the rules you should be fine. Prerelease is pretty casual. Just make sure you have some dice, snacks, maybe some sleeves and build the best deck you can with your packs
>>
>>48298543
I honestly want a promo Emrakul

it would give me one of the two copies I need for my dank, Totally Originalâ„¢ brew.
>>
>>48298795
Usually about the price of 6 packs give or take.
>>
File: ss.jpg (82 KB, 960x692) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
82 KB, 960x692
My FLGS isn't doing it until sunday, legitimate question is the promo card really gonna that stupid foil zombie card? I really was anticipating the rare/mythic again
>>
>>48298891
Rare/Mythic and zombie token as far as I know.
>>
File: nice.jpg (65 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
65 KB, 600x401
>>48298919
Good to hear
>>
>>48298805
Ahh really it's 25 prepay 30 at the door for me
>>
So my friends want to drag me to the pre-release. I didn't go to the SoI one because the average FLGS goer makes me cringe. They keep saying its fun and casual, but I just don't know. I pretty much only play magic as a social thing.
>>
File: tmp_5597-Fuck it1130735554.gif (714 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5597-Fuck it1130735554.gif
714 KB, 300x225
>I actually liked the Eldrazi as this big stompy unstoppable ultimate Timmy eldritch horror thing in RoE
>Then
>"Annihilator was a mistake"
>BfZ is hilariously low power and shitty
>Fucking devoid
>OGW, pretty much all of it
>Fucking Eldrazi Winter
>The "mystery" of SoI being spoiled by the name
>Pretty much all of EMN
>MFW
Fuck what the Eldrazi became, and fuck Wizards for ruining them. Emrakul can stay in that fucking moon for ten thousand years for all I care. FUCK.
>>
>>48299081
>plays magic socially
>does not want to socialize with magic players
>????
>>
>>48299095
>Fuck what the Eldrazi always were
ftfy
Bitch about it somewhere else. This is the prerelease.
>>
How viable would Gisela be as a Commander?

She's B/W, right?
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 278x181
>>48299361
1. this is a thread for the prerelease, not edh. go find the edh general.
2. no.
3. bruna should be your brisela commander.
>>
>>48299244
But outside of my friends, who else would be there? Like I said the average magic player where I'm from is generally cringy, so I stay away from the FLGS on magic nights.
>>
>>48299361
No? She's monowhite. And her predecessor was RW
>>
>>48299407
Prerelease will be filled with people like yourself and your friends who play magic. maybe you should stop judging people before you get to know them.
>>
File: I can punch guy.jpg (29 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
I can punch guy.jpg
29 KB, 401x367
>>48299407
Be glad you dont live in australia, prerelease is $45 kangaroo bucks and its like 50 glasses wearing shrill voiced asian weaboos playing rhe latest netdeck and 2 white guys who thought it was a video game store, i havent played a game of actual magic since urza's saga i just cant force myself to be around an lgs
>>
>>48299482
>netdecking at a prerelease
>stop taking the raw prawn you drongo
>>
>>48299429
I hope so, last time I went to an MtG event I played a bunch of spergs who couldn't hold a decent conversation. The first guy I played literally would not make eye contact. It was awkward as could be.

>>48299482
Damn, really? Sorry to hear that mate.
>>
>>48298275
Same here. I even bought a playset because I'm afraid that combo will get popular, so the parts would inflate of Triska for a fun deck I have planned.
>>
>>48299522
Was describing the lgs mate not the prerelease
Whats got your bum for grubs?
>>
The emerge cards seem really strong. The guy that taps 4 permanents and the decimator are crazy value. I wonder if they'll hold up in draft.

Does anyone think emerge will be strong?
>>
>>48299716
I'm honestly more excited for Escalate. I can already see the tabletop drama that could emerge from that.
>>
>>48299716
>not playing GW humans in the GW humans block, not sure you will get to turn 7 to even begin to think about casting it
>>
>>48299805
Hyuck
>>
File: INTO THE TRASH.jpg (175 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
INTO THE TRASH.jpg
175 KB, 620x400
>>48299716
Undoubtedly. It's the only mechanic in this set I've been really impressed by. I'd like to see it on other things than Eldrazi, though. Like insects maybe.

Or "evolution" cards
>>
>>48299811
You can't guarantee GW humans in a prerelease, can you?
>>
>>48300001
If you bring some from home yeah, people are not watching your pool of cards constantly
>>
>>48300001
the springloaders in my sleeves can.
>>
>>48300071
>>48300096
Jesus how prolific is cheating at these things, anyway?
>>
>>48300136
Depends if you want to lose or not, dont take rares just powerful uncommons and commons, keep them in you box with your sleeves and swap out what you need, people will notice if you pull 2 sigardas from 2 packs but they are oblivious to others
>>
>>48300136
only totally anal autists cheat at something as meaningless as prerelease.
so basically everyone.
>>
>>48300194
That is not at all what I asked.
>>
File: bring it on.gif (476 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
bring it on.gif
476 KB, 500x262
>>48300244
Well fuck. Guess I'm gonna lose honorabry.
>>
>>48300245
The guy who wins cheated, the guy who got second didnt cheat as good, if you finished first or second and didnt cheat your lgs are potatoes
>>
>>48300433
>what losers tell themselves
>>
>>48300458
>Paying for the privilege to lose
Wew lad
>>
>>48300490
i have placed first at prerelease without cheating. you either have a shitty store, or more likely, a shitty attitude.
>>
>>48300599
Cool story bro, you showed those kids who is superior in every way
>>
>two people shitposting about cheating

Anyways what was your biggest bomb at SOI prerelease? What are you looking forward to getting as your bomb?
>>
>>48300729
SOI I forced clues and gained over 200 life with graf moles in my last game. Not sure what jank archetype I am going to froce this time. Maybe abzan emerge?
>>
>>48300729
I went vampire madness and goddamn was it effective. I just hope it's as effective as before. It's not.
>>
>>48300729
I just want a Liliana.

She's cute! CUTE!
>>
>>48300889
just go mono black madness.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
No standard thread, but this baby led me to 3rd tonight in FNM. Last iteration of the DTK-SOI standard, my first standard block since leaving magic in 09.
>>
>>48301447
Feel free to start a standard general and kindly post it there
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Got these and a foil Invocation of St. Traft.
Going WRB try to get out Emrakul. Probably not good but I wanna play her dammit.
>>
I'm new to deckbuilding and I'm trying to make a fast, fun little deck to play casually. Is this anygood? Any suggestions?

4 Putrid Imp
4 Hidden Horror
4 Ashen Ghoul
4 Nether Shadow
4 Skittering Horror
4 Innocent Blood
4 Unearth
4 Sinister Strength
4 Buried Alive
4 Dark Ritual

2 Peat Bog
18 Swamp
>>
Went undefeated. Mostly due to preposterous luck - it turns out the correct answer to Goldnight Castigator is topdecking the second Mountain you need to cast Impetuous Devils.

The most important card in my deck was Thraben Foulbloods. Three of them. Dogs do good work, man. Seamless blending of Zombie tribal with delirium, and I was able to fall back on whichever I needed depending on the game state at any given time. Nahiri's Wrath was probably my best single card though; it wrecks shit. Then I traded it away for a Harmless Offering because I'm gonna get more use out of a cute card than a good one.

Diregraf Colossus offers incredible value if you've got a lot of Zombies. Discard outlets that don't require tapping are fantastic, especially if they also don't require mana. Run those Olivia's Dragoons even if you aren't doing vampires. Cryptolith Fragment never fails to entertain.
>>
File: 1404950890081.jpg (524 KB, 785x1024) Image search: [Google]
1404950890081.jpg
524 KB, 785x1024
>>48297871
>opend emrakul and arlinkord
>judge gets called caus e"HE DIDNT OPEN THOSE CARDS"
>every one salty

fun night
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Best promo ever. Whatsmore, I just finished my retarded Ulamog ramp EDH deck, and this makes such a better general.

I made UG Emerge Control and smashed face for the first two rounds, Eldrazi deep fiend is a motherfucker, and Emerge in general is fucking bonkers in limited. Got knocked out of prize range by Izzet tempo bullshit but I ain't even mad.

Gonna slot some stuff into my EDH decks then go to sleep, I'm doing another prerelease tomorrow.
>>
I learned that its really bad for my opponent when he has a Noose Constrictor and I cast Emrakul.
>>
File: IMG_20160716_130235.jpg (2 MB, 2286x2160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160716_130235.jpg
2 MB, 2286x2160
Played BR Vampire
Went 2-1, finished 5th/12
Got three prize packs, pulled Tamiyo in those

I only got close to merge Chittering Host once
>>
>>48303627

I freely admit to being terrible at Magic, but Emrukal doesn't exactly look very good.
>>
>>48304317
Emrakul, the Promised End is an excellent creature. By no means is she better than Emrakul, the Aeons Torn, but Emrakul, the Aeons Torn is one of if not the best creature ever printed, with scores of decks built to do nothing but get it onto the field.
Emrakul, the Promised End is not that caliber, but nevertheless, it is a large, strong, flying/trampling beatstick that can easily dip to 8-9 cost and gives a mindslaver to brick the enemy's hand with, as well as resilience against the worst of removal.
>>
>>48304317

Well, for starters, the mana cost. It says 13, but it's actually gonna be only 8 or 9 by the time you're due to cast him. Second, the Mindslaver effect is great. He only dies to sorcery speed removal, and during their turn you can simply burn all their removal on their OWN creatures, leaving you likely three or four cards ahead while leaving them in topdeck mode. Even if they topdeck a removal spell, you've still gained a huge advantage. If they don't topdeck removal, you just fucking win on the next combat step because it's fucking massive and has two types of evasion.

It's not as strong as Emmy 1.0, but it's still an almost certain victory if you manage to cast it. You'd have to be REALLY unlucky to screw up from that point.
>>
>>48304402
>>48304408

I guess I figured that granting the enemy 2 turns in a row was too big of a downside, but I suppose if you use your mindslaver turn to burn their hand out they can't do a huge amount.

I was also comparing him to the original.
>>
>>48304422

>I guess I figured that granting the enemy 2 turns in a row was too big of a downside

You shouldn't really think of it like that, just think of it as Mindslaver without the built in Time Walk. They're not taking an extra turn, they're just taking the turn they would've taken anyway. I mean, they're up a single card, but that's small potatoes when you can just bin it anyway with the Mindslaver.
>>
File: 20160716_143025.jpg (952 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160716_143025.jpg
952 KB, 2048x1152
Show me your rares/mrares
>>
>>48300729
SOI was literally like every single Prerelease/release I ever attended:
>Open big bomb in a colour
>Open no support

At SOI, I pulled a Jace, but like 4 other playable blues. I also pulled a Relentless Dead, but exactly 2 other zambambos.
>>
What creatures did you and your opponents play that were the nuts or way underestimated/overestimated?
>>
Pre release made soi/Elmo format seem extremely dull. The new Eldrazo theme has no synergy with soi, and removal/combat tricks were lacking. Every single game came down to who had a better bomb with no tools to fight against them. Madness and tribal strategies basically only had two packs to work with and elmo isn't deep enough to support its own themes.

I'm really disappointed because I love the flavor of the set. Avr-style slugfest with deliberately weak synergy and removal always feel bad when they follow a synergy based format.
>>
>>48298891
You will still get a foil rare or mythic in addition, but before you open your packs make sure you check for the promo. I opened my box and it was missing. Store offered a replacement, but you should double check just in case.
>>
File: 20160716_145853.jpg (5 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160716_145853.jpg
5 MB, 5312x2988
I had decent pulls, Tamiyo was my promo
>>
>>48305298
>everything I want: the prerelease
I hate you, anon.
>>
File: ugtokens.jpg (572 KB, 2214x1245) Image search: [Google]
ugtokens.jpg
572 KB, 2214x1245
Went 6-0 with this pool. It might not look like much but it was very very VERY synergistic with itself. The emerge dudes and great creatures to emerge off of, all the clue and creature token creatons, then the Second Harvest to double it all.

One of my favorite plays was doing a turn 3 Foul Emissary, finding Elder Deep Fiend on top, then turn 4 dropping him into play off the Emissary and getting the 3/2. My opponent scooped right there.

Another play was hitting a boardstate where my opponent and I turtled up. I sacced the Evangel and a couple other creatures to make like a total of 7 3/2's, then cast Second Harvest, and then he scooped.

Sadly because we didn't have THAT many players for the prerelease, I got 24 packs rather than a full box. Pulled only 1 mythic, but it was Tamiyo, so I'm content with that.
>>
>>48305310
Went 4-0 was basically playing a bant humans deck
>>
>tfw I will probably pull some junk promo just like with SOI

a fucking thing in the ice
>>
File: 1466912228145.jpg (60 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1466912228145.jpg
60 KB, 500x495
Things i learned today
>Eldrazi Deep Fiend stomps
>Tamiyo is excellent
>emerge and escalate are great
>together EM and SOI make a pretty fun block
>prerelease in general attracts some very nice people

Also
>Kid getting boxes handed to him to pass down
>Im on the other side of the table, at the end
>when kid gets his box he passes it to me and says "naw i dont want that one, ill take *this* one"
>judge gives me a look
>hear Heliod whispers into my ear "be calm anon, the Gods are just"
>dont bitch and take the box
>judge moves on
>kid opens junk
>I open Ema
>Kid is devastated
>my fucking face when
>>
File: salty.png (188 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
salty.png
188 KB, 265x370
>>48297871
Drafted an Izzet Spirit/Prowess deck

Went 4/5

Games i won were pretty one sided. One turn i dealt 14 dmg using Ingenious Skab + Uncaged Fury.

Geist of the Archive proved to be extremely useful, and my Mausoleum Wandered and Niblis of Frost had their time to shine, but agro decks kept fucking me over

picture is my promo, im salty AF
>>
I got two of the stupid EDH spider

everything else I pulled was worth less than the zombie token
>>
Went undefeated with this pile:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-07-16-rb-madness/

Most games were won off the back of an early buffed Olivia's Dragoon or Pale Rider of Trostad.

Slower decks just got run over and against opposing aggro decks Rancid Rats, Farbog Revenant, Gavony Unhallowed and Santarium Skeleton greatly disincentivized them from swinging in.

Sanitarium Skeleton is INSANE as it served as either a recurrable chump blocker or discard target. I don't think there's any black deck where you wouldn't want it.

Last thing to keep in mind is that there is an absolute shit ton of 2/3 and 3/2 creatures. Choose your offensive/defensive creatures and removal accordingly.

Good luck all :-)
>>
>>48298602
You got stomped
>>
>>48298602
Kind of sounds like you got stomped bakadesusenpai
>>
>>48303597
Played someone in round 4 that pulled 2 trees of perdition, Liliana, and avacyn.
still won
>>
File: SparkyDoodle.jpg (56 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
SparkyDoodle.jpg
56 KB, 265x370
Obligated to play red because I got 4 of the Galvanic Bombardment. Nothing bomby so the strategy was to just removal spell everything that came up and keep jamming with little guys.

Splash of blue for some flying emerge guy because even if I didn't draw blue I could eventually just cast it. Lost the last round but won up to then, guy had a jace and managed to keep my goons off it.

Rares: Legendary Spider man, Sigarda's Aid, Wharf Infiltrator, Hanweir Garrison(Words half on back), Thalia (Promo), Harmless Offering.
Not sure what my shadows rares were, think there was a To the Slaughter. Prize packs had a Gitgud frog.

Also, does this set even have creatures with power = toughness?
>>
>>48300729
I ended up pulling the Mindwrack Demon during the SOI prerelease. Funnily enough, I built my original deck as blue/red, then said fuck it and tried out delirium, which I was skeptical of. Was totally blown away by how consistently I could get delirium by turn 5 or 6 and beat them down with Mindwrack Demon. At the end of the night I placed second or third.

I doubt this one will go near as well for me, but pre-release is for the funzies anyway. No idea what I want as my bomb though.
>>
I am going to one tommorow. I am more than ready to feel disappointment
>>
These was a really satisfying pre-release for me, since I got the kind of shit you only see here. I pulled a Tamiyo and a Nahiri, while my friend pulled Emrakul.

Went 3-1 with R-B Vampire Madness guest starring Bedlam Reveler. The deck was surprising fun to play - hanweir garrison was MVP my first to games - 2 tokens every turn past turn 3 is really good, especially when I'm slamming out removal spells.

Prying Questions helped out a lot - pushed the W/U guy I beat's clock back as he kept having to put card back onto the library.

Someone got a little butthurt when I used Rise from the Grave on their abolisher or bloodlines (whatever it was called on the other side) and slapped their shit thanks to blood mist.

Haven't even opened my 6 prize packs yet, either.
>>
>>48306455
That was my promo AND one of my rares.
>>
Someone took my prerelease pack and I lost my foil token, some of the rarer tokens, which I really liked, and half my sideboard. Fortunately the best stuff was in my deck I was playing and I got a Tamiyo, but I'm quite unhappy that some of my stuff just disappeared (surely an honest person would spot they've picked up too many boxes) in a place that I've been playing at for several years.
>>
>>48307940
That reminds me. Someone left all their stuff from prerelease at my LGS. I turned it over to the store owner after asking around who played the colors that were in his deck (red and white). I hope they get it back. I lost my stuff from OGW prerelease which sucked because I had 2 reality smashers and a thought-knot seer among over things in that pack.
>>
>>48306917

Also, what was harmless offering supposed to be used with. I have zero idea.
>>
I might go to mine today, but IU havent played since Theros.

What color and kit is best alla round?
>>
>>48300332
I've been to 6 or 7 prereleases and never cheated. Took first 3 times, second twice. Don't listen to these cheaters, they're just trying to justify their cheating.
>>
>>48308018
Not much in Limited. It's a Constructed card. This is basically the flipside of people bitching about sets being balanced for Limited.
>>
>>48308088
Hey look. It's a guy whose played magic for decades winning in a casua event. I'm 'so impressed'
>>
>>48308298
Hey look, it's a guy whose played magic for decades but can't win at a casual event without cheating
>>
File: hanweirgarrison.jpg (54 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
hanweirgarrison.jpg
54 KB, 265x370
I did my first sealed event last night. I don't think I care for it that much. My pool was definitely subpar, no real bombs to speak of. An experienced deck builder would probably be able to make something work, but I was not. I tried to do 3 color simple aggro in Naya, but the white wasn't doing really anything other than giving evasion to my one real "bomb", so I switched it out for Black for some, but not a lot of interaction. Pic related was my promo and the one card I was actually glad to see, the few games I did win was because of him. I never had problems getting the right color but I was flooding out like a motherfucker in almost all my games.
Over-all I went 2-2 but that's because my wins were from a child and a complete new player, however my loses came from significantly better sealed players and a guy who not only pulled Tamiyo but a hell of a lot bant support to go with it.
/blog
>>
>>48308349
Just so you know, I have only played casual and one sealed tournament (6th/22)
>>
>>48308399
Just so you know i'm not the guy who bragged about winning at a prerelease.
>>
>>48308408
Just so you know prerelease is a game of luck.
>>
File: EMN Prerelease Deck.jpg (2 MB, 3256x2632) Image search: [Google]
EMN Prerelease Deck.jpg
2 MB, 3256x2632
Felt like I needed to go with a BW deck after getting 5 great rares in those colors.

Went 2-2 losing to a Bant deck with Tamiyo and had a close game with a GW deck
>>
File: EMN Prerelease Pulls.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2064) Image search: [Google]
EMN Prerelease Pulls.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2064
>>48308462
Also got a Tree in my prize packs, not much value overall though.
>>
I went to it last night, it was my first magic event. It was fun, the cards are awesome, I played a white black and went 2-2. Most fun I've had with magic in a while
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (127 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
127 KB, 223x311
>4CMC
>4/3
>Flying
>First Strike
>Lifelink

Why are rares/mythics allowed to have bullshit powerlevels that completely fuck over limited ( but wizards thinks if fine for them to only *occasionally* fuck up limited )

Meanwhile, in other 2WW:
>Aven Liberator, 2/3 with conditional protection for another creature for a single turn

>Cho-Manno, Revolutionary 2WhiteWhite (4) Legendary Creature — Human Rebel (2/2) Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Cho-Manno, Revolutionary.

So does mythic literally mean "this card can have a blatantly higher powerlevel for the same cost as other things"?
>>
This guy is star of the set. Pulled 3 in a 2HG tournament, went 3-0 no problem.
>>
File: 1468696808100.jpg (110 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1468696808100.jpg
110 KB, 1200x675
>>
>>48308762

seems like complete and utter garbage to me
>>
File: 1468598586976.png (1 MB, 1000x955) Image search: [Google]
1468598586976.png
1 MB, 1000x955
>>48308784
Nice m8
>>
This was my first prerelease, and I didn't really have fun honestly. Everyone I played against were tryhards that didn't even socialize and I didn't win a single match. My pulls were okay, but weren't synergistic enough. Plus at least 3 people got Gisela and Bruna in the same box, so it was a bit skewed. In the end, it was long and I didn't even make my money back.

Is it normally like this?
>>
>>48308797
Then you're shit at Magic.
>2 damage a tap in 2HG
>Easy untap engine
>3 toughness and human makes it awkward to kill in limited
We got at least two out each game, minimum 4 uninteractable damage every turn is a great clock.
>>
>>48308874
>Expecting MTG players to socialize

kek

Anyway its best to go with friends. You probably won't make your money back but at least you'll have fun.
>>
File: image.jpg (439 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
439 KB, 2448x2448
>open emrakul
>oh shit sweet
>best friend of 5 years wants it
>fuck it why not
>friend Imediately spills water on it when he gets home

I owed him some money so he took off money I owed him but still feels bad

also opened a Arlin kord and some faggot got super salty when I won 2/0 cause of it

7/10 would go again
>>
>>48308949
I pulled two Arlinn Kords (one promo) during the SOI prerelease and I swear I only drew two the entire tournament.
>>
>>48298275
I got the tree as my promo. I honestly would have preffered just about anything else, but I might make the deck around it for a silly deck.

I also got gisa and geralf. Unfortunately I only drafted 2 fucking zombie creatures. I'm still happy to get them though. I'll probably make a zombie commander deck using them as the commander.

Meld cards are cool. The base creatures are actually really good as a base, so I think they'll find a place in decks. I don't see decks using more than one meld combo in them though.

This is probably the most fun pre-release set I've played beyond shadows.
>>
>>48297871
I'm hoping to get emmy in the pre-release going on tonight. Even if I don't, I have a box pre-ordered. I'll hit her at least once.

I wanna do WR human/Eldrazi aggro, but it all depends on what I draw. I ended up having to play werewolfs last night (only thing I drew enough creatures to even play), I hate werewolfs.
>>
>>48299716
Emerge cards feel pretty weak to me. However I didn't really get to utilize them much.
>>
>>48304422
>opponent gets two turns
This is a dumb meme. You get two turns, one of which is you playing the opponent. The other player is not going to get anything good from being mind slaved unless you're retarded.
>>
>>48305412

> Doesn't look like much.
> Running four bomb rares.

Pick one.
>>
>>48306076

Did you not sell/trade it away while the hype was still high?
>>
>>48304929
The red meld creature that produces 2 tokens attacking. If you don't have proper removal it gets stupid fast.
>>
>>48307999
>>48307940
I had an instance at my lgs where someone left a deck box. It was exactly the same as mine, so I accidently took it with me. (It was only me and the store owner there at that point, I guess the guy forgot the box and left).

I got home and opened it up and found that it wasn't mine. It had some decent cards in it, I could have easily gotten good money for it, but I know how it would feel to lose my cards, so I brought it back to the store owner to find it's owner.

The store guy was real proud to see someone bring in someone else's box, so he let me get a booster of my choice as a show of gratitude.
>>
Didn't pull shit, my promo is that white sorc with Gideon on it.

Playing a super average URb spells. Splashing for throttle and grafthe combo.
>>
>>48309401
Of course I did, i didn't even take it out of the wrap. I'm just hoping I get one of the eldritch waifus
>>
File: IrggBCBQsN.png (204 KB, 624x548) Image search: [Google]
IrggBCBQsN.png
204 KB, 624x548
>>48308690
Yes.

When they first came out with the mythic rarity, wizards claimed that they should be big dopey spells with flashy effects but aren't competitively costed.
When people opened the packs of Alara and found that their rare was replaced with an ultimatum or sphinx sovereign, they got salty.

The notion that mythics weren't supposed to be tourney viable didn't last as a standard. While there were low-costed (walkers/legendaries) in alara, they were merely peppered among the 6-8 costed cards. Now the ratio for playable cards is what you see today.

I believe this behavior will repeat itself as a cashgrab with the "Planeswalker decks" that will feature standard legal cards and walkers, but aren't "competitive".
>>
>>48310158
>I believe this behavior will repeat itself as a cashgrab with the "Planeswalker decks" that will feature standard legal cards and walkers, but aren't "competitive".
Except mythics were just a cash-grab to get timmy to buy more packs.

As a business model, it works. Selling pre-cons aimed at beginners to bridge the gap between intro packs and boosters with less than competitive, although thematic and synergistic, cards most likely won't. Even if they were competitive, they wouldn't be allowed in standard or modern as they aren't available in a traditional set.
>>
>>48310158
I don't know about that, considering these planeswalkers are basically a replacement for intro pack rares, which were practically always some of the more mediocre rares in the set.
>>
>>48297871
>be playing WG human Voltron
>Slayer's Armor, True Faith Censer and Stitcher's equipment MVP
>O-ring aura, talia's lancers and GW human Lord surprisingly underwhelming
>loose round 1 to Bant control featuring Tamyo and Altered Ego thanks to one mana
>Easy round to vs. UR spellslingers that somehow doesn't run counters

I somehow managed to get to 50 in one game with that one 3/3, but things were just getting weird.

>Round 3; Bant control featuring Tamyo and Altered Ego 2: Electric Boogaloo
>It's literally the deck from round one with less removal
>slow beat down, I go up to 40 life
>dude draws like 20 cards off Tamyo
>Faithbearer
>Oh shit, lifegain
>opponent stabilises
>drops 3 Butcher's Cleavers
>Cast altered Ego as a 12/12 lifelink
>Doesn't attack me because of my 12/8 Vigilance
>Dammit, I need that flyer off Slayer's armor
>loose game one after 43 minutes, opponent has 4 cards in library
>win other two games in 7 minutes because he doesn't draw Tamyo

>Round 4: BR vampires
>finally someone who didn't open Tamyo
>Inspiring Captain
>Inspiring Captain
>Inspiring Captain
>GG
>Win game 2 with 9/7 Vigilance Deathtouch Dryad
>The guy pulls a Tamyo in his prize

So today I learned that unconditional removal is awesome and Tamyo is plummet in value because everyone but me opened one.
>>
>>48310255

Wizards specifically stated that there will be cards in the decks that aren't available in the expansion, but will be standard legal.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/ramp-approval-2016-05-16
>>
>>48308949
It's just water, not like he dunked it in acid and it vaporized...
>>
Absolutely the worst MtG experience I've ever had. I don't feel like getting anything EMN-related now. I opened some semi-decent creatures that mostly required double Red. Green had Tireless Tracker and the rest of G was garbage. Black had nothing noteworthy except for a Heir of Falkenrath. I was hoping for Spirits in blue but only got one Tattered Haunter and a few "eh" flyers. I lost 3 matches and dumped almost all of my commons/uncommons in their junk box.
>>
>>48308762
Confirmed for 2hg star.
In normal prerelease I had a game where I dropped him and pinged for 8 before it blocked something too big, pinged for one more and died.

Better than lobber crew.
Underrated powerlevel.
>>
>>48304929
Eternal Scourge carried me so hard. I was impressed by Grizzled Angler and Cryptolith Frgament

I played U/G Emerge/Delirium
>>
>>48308762
huh, this thing reminds me very much of gelectrode, might even be stronger than it. I like it.
>>
>>48310470
Fuck maybe I should've read it better. I'm sorry.
>>
>>48297871
Easy prerelease 3-0, niblis of frost, bygone, deep-fiend, bruna, with 2 choking restraints and faith unbroken. Won three seperate games by casting deep fiend on turn four or five and the rest with Bruna or niblis of frost. Rest of the deck was cheap fliers which just ended up crushing three green decks.
>>
>>48306497
The spider is actually very strong, and if you don't understand why or don't play Standard, just sell them for $15 apiece.
>>
>>48306917
>prize pack had a Gitgud Frog
Your prize packs weren't EMN?
>>
File: Image.ashx(2).png (145 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(2).png
145 KB, 223x311
Holy fucking shit this is overpowered. WotC keeps printing shit rares and mythics for "limited balance" but then this guy is a fucking common? I'm not even salty, I got one in both prereleases I did (and he did serious work), but this guy is fucking broken. 2 mana for 3-9 damage and a 0/3 blocker in every limited deck? What were they thinking?
>>
File: made 12th place.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
made 12th place.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
These were my pulls from the first three packs at the midnight pre-release. Pulled avacyn later on and played g/w probably the worst call ever.
>>
>>48310871
Green doesn't have much anti-flying in this block besides 2 reach commons, 2 uncommons and 2 mythics. Easy beatdown for flying vs green.
>>
I ran G/B delirium splashing white and blue for soi sorin and tamiyo. all of the green and black delirium bois are pretty strong for limited, especially when you have 2 planeswalkers to go and win the game for you when you manage to gum up the board.
i went 4-1 and took first since the guy i lost too ended up placing second, then i pulled a spell queller and a liliana in my prize packs.

it was a bretty gud night.
>>
>>48310996
Agreed, I went with a shitty werewolf/spells matter hybrid cause I didn't have much, however this guy did work. Probably one of the better two drops in the set, and definitely one of the best commons in the set.
>>
>>48310996
burn might just become a viable archetype in kaladesh
>>
>>48311048
>>48311056
Yeah, I'm going to put together mono-red burn in Standard, possibly.
>>
File: 64.jpg (35 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
64.jpg
35 KB, 223x310
>>48310996
I'll definetely be getting a playset of this for my casual burn deck.
that guy is straight up better than gelectrode imo
>>
I pulled 4 mythics and one of them was emrakul, no planeswalker though, instead got the meme werewolf commander, the gitrog monster and the unvenwald hydra (foil).
>>
got a foil gisela, then from my winning packs i got another gisela
>>
Managed to pull two copies of the meme spider and nothing else notable. Went 1-3.
>>
>>48311145
Not strictly better, the ability to kill creatures can be really important.
>>
>>48311202
Well, the meme spiders pay for the entry cost, so that's nice. How did you lose with two of them, anyway?
>>
Is emerge instant speed?
>>
>>48311270
Why would it be?
>>
>>48311204
true, I didn't read the alchemist properly
still a great card.
>>
File: today's deck.jpg (211 KB, 604x558) Image search: [Google]
today's deck.jpg
211 KB, 604x558
>>48306809
>>48306814
Well not this time!

This baby cleaned house: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-07-16-DDu-eldritch-moon-prerelease/
>>
I got some good cards but lots with double colored mana costs and in 4 colors, so my deck wasn't very good. Nevertheless, I got Eldritch Evolution, the Red and the White multikicker rares, and Liliana. Got to ultimate liliana twice, and won with a horde of zombies.
>>
It was pretty shit, won a game, lost 2, and had one draw. Didn't open anything worthwhile. And then when we opened the prize packs I got a Tamiyo, which I traded away for a Thalia, a Hanweir Militia Captain and some cash. All in all, I'm satisfied, I got one of the two cards I wanted in the entire set (the remaining card being that Tree that swaps its life with an opponent).
>>
>>48310158
They broke their "Mythic won't be tournament staples" bullshit immediately with Elspeth, Knight-Errant.
>>
File: 1457128729768.gif (1 MB, 231x210) Image search: [Google]
1457128729768.gif
1 MB, 231x210
Had this awkward moment at the pre release early today.

>be in control for most of game by killing almost everything opponent puts out
>only take 3 from some drain spell
>seems to be getting mana flooded.
>get him down to like 5, only has a runaway carriage out and I have a decent amount of blockers and can finish him next turn.
>he swings with carriage, only block it with a rancid rat, I'm at 17, I can afford to take 4 in trample.
>pumps his carriage with a borrowed hostility and uncaged fury into a 9/7 trampling double striker.
>take 18 damage in trample.
>he didn't even realize that was lethal as he forgot about the 3 he drained from me until I pointed it out.
>mfw

Other then that it was alright, didn't open anything spectacular but I got a few good werewolves to start me on my new werewolf deck.
>>
I went 3-0 at today's pre-release with w/g humans, some aura/equipment + a couple big bomb creatures. I had a couple g/u uncommon lands in my deck so I could play a single copy of Invocation of Saint Traft, I also had Gisela the Broken Blade, a couple of the double face cards that transform into eldrazi. Somewhat lacking in good removal I had a few pump/fight spells and that one tap 2 creatures and get a clue instant. Also put in Emrakul for shits and giggles even though it never got to be played.

Didn't get my prize yet since the store's delivery of pre-release supplies got screwed up so I'll get 8 packs after the set releases.
>>
>>48311463
you got prize packs with two losses and a draw? where the fuck were you playing?
>>
>>48311230
G/B with a shitty pool that contained probably a total of 30~ green/black cards. Had to supplement my creatures with the artifact creatures and colorless I got. Doesn't help that I'm new to mtg (3 months) and the shop I'm playing at everyone I faced have been going there for YEARS.
>>
>>48301777
chekd :^)
>>
>>48312073
Sounds like me except I barely had 2-5 drops, got great bombs but aggro decks wrecked my shit before I could do much. I was also g/b.
>>
>>48311230
>Well, the meme spiders pay for the entry cost, so that's nice.
Spiders cost like $12 and nobody but the EDH crowd is buying them. The price is going to TANK after boosters start going on sale and everyone has more copies than they would ever want.
>>
>>48310601
Sore loser
>>
>Pull Avacyn
>Have green human werewolves and white humans
>So many enchantments
>4-0
Easy as fuck
>>
>>48298275
i got Soul Extractor and Tree in my pool, never managed to combo them together though
>>
/who lived the dream/ of t5 emrakul through rise from the grave?
>>
pulled bruna, infiltrator, and a promo emmy. think i made out pretty swell despite my not so great deck
>>
Absolutely terrible card pool. No synergy between anything I got minus some madness and some Prophetic Ravings which I never got at the same time. The only match I won was against a 11 year old girl.
>>
>sick pulls
Two Thalia's
>wombos
Didn't get anything too crazy, did do a grotesque mutation on Thalia to flip it rides as one with chittering host the turn after.

Super comfy prerelease
>>
>Pull great value cards
>Go 1-3

>Pull jank
>Go 4-0

Why?
>>
>>48312972
Limited is a totally different game
Value cards arr from a standard/modern/legacy standpoint, sometimes jamming someone with a 2/2 for 2 hatebear is just better to have than a 13/13 for 13 that may never be cast
>>
>>48311270
no, but some emerge creatures have flash
>>
>>48297871
>What did you draft
Built Naya stuff, with Bruna, Sin Prodder, and two of the common green emerge eldrazi.
>Sick pulls
Bruna, sin prodder and my promo was the propigating mass.
>Crazy combo
Creatures can do damage, and that combo took me to my first pre-release 4/0
>>
File: ImprisonedInTheMoon[1].png (135 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
ImprisonedInTheMoon[1].png
135 KB, 223x311
imprisoned in the moon was my pack-in promo, and one of my rares. beyond that and splendid Reclamation, I got all wolves and werewolf rares, so I felt obligated to run red/green.

But I really, really don't know red. I kept trying to hit hard and fast, but I lost all but one game and went 0/4. my deck kept fizzling out at critical moments.
>>
>>48297871
>dreafted
RW aggro and RU Spirits/spellslinger
went 3-1 both times
>siick pulls
Two of those dumb trees, Tamiyo and not much else of note
>crazy combo
mercurial geists, the doublestrike enchantment ad 3 galvanic blasts
>>
In the middle of my prerelease. Won 1 round and lost 1 round with BG delirium. Switching to a UR spellslinging deck now
there's a guy with a nude Krystal pinup playmat
>>
>>48313672
>there's a guy with a nude Krystal pinup playmat
I don't believe you. We had some nerd with a playmat of a german animu grill carrying 6 beers though.
>>
How much Ron you think the Zombie Tokens will sell for? I want a bunch of them.
>>
>>48313672
Get a photo, I need a laugh/cringe.
>>
>>48313693
T A N T O C U O R E
>>
>>48313970
Bingo.
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Was super stoked about Izzet Instants/Sorceries so I immediately went about building it after pulling this and a Coax from the Blind Eternities. Ended up winning three rounds due to a Wretched Gryff I kept pulling in with it and one neat combo with pic related, a fire breathing werewolf horror and this instant that gave double strike.
Top Eighted with it actually
TL;DR
>Wanted to play Izzet spells
>Played Izzet Spells
>Did good
>>
Round 1: Had shit pulls, so everything in the air. Tried Blue White humans and spirits. got stomped. Blue does nothing in limited.

Lost 0-2. Changed entirely to black, white humans and vampires

Round 2: Won 2-0 against werewolves
Round 3: Won 2-0 Against esper midrange
Round 4: Won 2-0 Against blue, green midrange
Round 5: lost 1-2 against blue, red control
Round 6: Draw against green, black delerium

This is a good limited set. Black and white are great, delirium is easy to get. Whatever you do, never go blue in limited in this set no matter what. Nothing good comes out of it unless you are using it sparingly.
>>
>>48310470
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/ramp-approval-2016-05-16
> We felt very strongly that the Planeswalker focus was key.
WHY
WHY does Wizards push planeswalkers cards so damn hard? They don't even fit the theme of the game. They are a permanent that gives constant advantage at no additional cost, with effects that if they were not on a planeswalker, would cause a card to be overcosted and/or nerfed into unplayability.
So why is it okay for a planeswalker to have such effects?
>>
>>48314161
Because jace and the jacetice league are their favorite fucktoy and it gives them a reason to keep re releasing old worlds instead of making anything new
>>
>>48314161
>>48314252
can you fuck off? there's a dozen other mtg whiny containment thread for this..
>>
>>48314276
You are shit and your opinions are shit go be shit somewhere else you shit
-Shitty McShitface
>>
>>48310470

>$43 fat packs with 10 boosters

That seems fine.
>>
>>48297871
Drafted Gisela (she was my promo even), Bruna, and Liliana. Played Black/White delirium and managed to get Brusela out a few times. Good times.
>>
>>48314337
>boosters here $6.50
>fatpacks $60 normally
>will now be $65-$70
>still using USD prices for card value
Its not even a lottery anymore but we still pay the privilege for $6.50 to maybe get a $2-$5 card and still lose
(And booster boxes are $180, even with 1 of each $30 mythic you still only make half the box back)
>im like the abused wife who keeps coming back to my violent husband because it might get better right?
Right?
>>
>>48314522
where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>48314563
Australia
>>
>>48314634
Lol
>>
>>48314522
well I mean it could be worse.
They could have stayed at that pricepoint but kept the old pack model of 8 cards per.
>>
>>48312572
Join the club! I ended up with 4 of those shitters and minimal Madness support :D
>>
>>48312142
Meme spider is a shit commander. You fail to realize it's actually decent in standard.
>>
>>48315019
I remember my SOI one. 4 Neonates, 0 Fiery Temper, only 2 madness card in red.
>>
>>48314895
I understand the whole cost vs earnings thing and variation in international prices but its like they sell stuff in aud and value it for trades and store credit in usd as if it were 1:1
>>
>>48314522
>>48314634
>its so bad here

Fuck off, you guys were able to get english three kingdom packs while we have to pay out the ass for them
>>
File: 20160716_220953_resized.jpg (968 KB, 2448x1377) Image search: [Google]
20160716_220953_resized.jpg
968 KB, 2448x1377
Pulled 2 walkers in my PreRelease packs.
Tried to play 4 colour good stuff and first game i wrecked face with Tamiyo being insane and Arlin closing the game quickly then on 2nd round i got insanely manasflooded. I was playing 17 lands and managed to draw 7 in a row and just plain died, then second game i drew only forests, not even any of my islands, was playing 7 Forests 8 Islands 1 Plains 1 Mountain and still only got Forests and lost.

3rd game i went on with the manaflood again and couldnt really do anything, was too burned out due to the insanely bad luck and just let it end.

The 1 free pack at the end of the Prerelease had a Nahiri so everything was all good and made some money back.
>>
Went 3-1 with an excellent RB pool.
>Mirrorwing Dragon
>Collective Defiance
>Hanweir Garrison
>Sin Prodder
>Noosegraf Mob
>Rest in Peace

Crazily enough, my only losses were to Triskaidekaphobia of all things. First time, he swung at me with a Morkrut Necropod (7 dmg) and played Tris on his post-combat main phase. I swung for lethal the next turn but he made me sac an attacker and I died on his upkeep. Next game we were both in single digits and he pinged me for my last point of damage with it.

If I heard right, one round ended in a draw for both players in the 3rd game because they both had 13 life on the guy's upkeep
>>
>>48315058
Thats because 75% of our county are chinese migrants

Id rather have cheaper magic cards than 4 boxes of 0 imperial seals in the entire county
>>
>>48315106
>That's because 75% of our county are chinese migrants

I thought it was mostly aborigines and criminal descents
>>
>>48315088
>prize pack
>Nahiri
You got SOI prize packs?
>>
>>48315198
Well they cant really give away EMN till release next week can they?
>>
>>48315198
I told them to give me a SOI packs instead. EMN doesn't really have anything i really want and wanted a shot at a Relentless Dead.
>>
>>48315231
Yes they can, as part of the event.

>>48315253
Ah, I see.
>>
>>48310277
Today you are going to learn that loose is your asshole, loose like a wizards sleeve.
Lose is your life.

Stop fucking up four letter words.
>>
>>48315169
No, we killed off the natives and or put them in camps in the desert and all of the criminals died off, its just chinese and indians now in the city and a few rural pockets of white people
>>
File: 14550982576.jpg (21 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
14550982576.jpg
21 KB, 412x351
>mfw im working all weekendand cant get to pre release
>mfw i cant trade standard shit for all of the kids eldritch evolutions before they skyrocket past $8 on release day
>>
>>48315281
Ah I see. Well best of luck to you

>>48315361
Make no excusesn go to prerelease
>>
Anyone know if thalia is the buy a box promo as rumored?
Might be tempted to get a box if it is
>>
>>48315395
>goto prerelease on sunday
Or
>work and get paid $64/hour
Why do wizards not make events during the week, somebody kill me
>>
>>48315516
You can make money any other day, its not like missing a full day of work will leave you broke
>>
>>48315535
Good point
>>
>>48315553
Well unless missing this day will get you fired, then you should probably go to work.
>>
>>48315589
Plot twist: what if he works at the lgs
>>
File: 8892698.png (368 KB, 500x569) Image search: [Google]
8892698.png
368 KB, 500x569
>>48315669
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hAAlDoAtV7Y

But getting paid $64/hr is highly unlikely
>>
>>48315516
>64 an hour
Why are you even complaining about card price ups?
>>
File: IMG_20160717_140635_2717.jpg (279 KB, 1472x1339) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_140635_2717.jpg
279 KB, 1472x1339
>>48315708
Ok ok you got me bro i lied
Its only $63.8 on sundays
I feel like such a fucking idiot getting called out like that
>>
>>48313672
Proof
Went 1-2-1 and won a booster pack, so that's good
>>
File: 20160716_184027.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160716_184027.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>48315919
Forgot pic like a moron
>>
>Playing against kinda cute Swedish(?) girl who says she hasn't played much
>Have a shit card pool, but still think I can win this
>Turn 4 she puts down a Tamiyo
>Asks how Planeswalkers work, tell her
>Was planning on going kinda easy, but not now
>Try as hard as I can to kill it
>She always has enough blockers to keep Tamiyo up and prevent herself from taking damage
>38 minutes later it goes to turns
>I can't keep up
>All the card draws she's getting means she has a great board state
>It's my turn, nothing
>Her turn, attacks for 10 after not attacking the whole game
>My turn, Draw a land
>Kills me with another attack

Fuck my life.
>>
>>48315870
I wasn't referring to that. I meant more about the working in a LGS. No way you would be making that much working there unless you owned it
>>
just went 1-3
black white red
dropped all red after first game
im bad at this
>>
>>48315943
Stuff like this barely even makes me flinch anymore.

Should I be worried?
>>
>Pulled Deploy the gatewatch, and pic related
>None of my rares go are any fucking good
>No cohesion among my cards
>Literally my worst sealed deck pull I have ever played
>Make a crap GW deck based on tokens and humans
It was shit m8
>>
>>48297871
My rares were stupid good, my support was complete garbage. I pulled a copy of Sorin, Gisa and Geralf, and Decimator of Provinces and Rattlechains. None of the rares compliment eachother in any way, and my common/uncommon pool was pretty bad.

Decimator is a blowout on its own, but it was my worst colour, closely followed by white. What I ended up with was a durtle-y blue-black control deck that despite having some emerge stuff could never actually get ahead. What ended up happening was just a stalled boardstate where I would never draw into any of my removal and I'd lose ground by inches. Ended up dropping out after my second match, mostly because matches turned into a drawn-out slog, and I had no viable alternative deck to go with.
>>
File: 1468507653819.png (106 KB, 271x269) Image search: [Google]
1468507653819.png
106 KB, 271x269
Well lads I'm becoming an uncle during the prerelease. I must win for my newly born nephew
>>
Played GW splashing blue. Had a reasonable pool but it was very low on removal and I had some pretty terrible luck in a majority of games.

The set just feels like garbage though. Archetypes weren't very well defined and of the 10 games I played I think only 3 of them were satisfying. The games I won were due to mulligans/mana screw and the games I lost were also due to mulligans/mana screw.

I'm going to give draft another chance but it just seems like a strict downgrade to triple SOI (which I really enjoyed as a limited environment). Tribes are basically forgotten (wolves are shit, zombies are even worse. Really, only spirits seem stronger in EDM + SOI than triple SOI), madness cards are few and far between but discard outlets are still plentiful and removal seems much worse in general.

tl;dr: I think this limited format is much worse than triple Shadows.
>>
> get today off from work
> call lgs to see if I can get into prerelease
>lmao we don't do prereleases but you can come next Friday for official release xD
> only lgs within three hours
>>
File: 1464584883520.png (88 KB, 782x472) Image search: [Google]
1464584883520.png
88 KB, 782x472
>>48316526
>yfw they just opened all of the prerelease packs they got and sold them on ebay instead of running an event
>>
>>48316572
>only LGS in a small store
>They have a large box of pre-release packs
>only 16 given out at midnight
>When asked about the pre-release they were to do the next day the guy says they ran out
>Literally box on the floor full of them beside him
Really douchy but I don't want to jeopardize the only store in town by saying something.
>>
>>48314161
>They don't even fit the theme of the game. They are a permanent that gives constant advantage at no additional cost
They're just enchantments that you can lightning bolt, faggot.
>>
>>48314161
Money.

So many fuckers are obsessed with them that they sell more packs than any other single card type.
>>
Pool sucked, didn't get shit. Deck sucked. Bought a booster box to pick up my spirits. All trash mythics outside Jace arlan the zombie and the vampire mythic foil.

Shit day. Just stomped by angels and didn't pull angels.
>>
>>48315943
I mean, it's not as horrible as I thought

But what the fuck is wrong with that LGS? How do they let that shit fly?
>>
Went 2-1 at the Midnight, which I was happy with. 2 Wharf Infiltrators and 2 Cryptbreakers didnt seem great as 1/1s, but provided excellent value all night long. Traded the Cryptbreakers afterwards for a couple Needlespires, a Dark Dwellers, a Painful Truths, and an Olivia, so that was sweet.

3-2 at the Saturday event, which was disappointing because I thought it was one of the best pools I've ever had. Opened 9 rares total and used 6, but due to only 3 hours of sleep I totally forgot to check my curve and realize that basically half my spells were 5 drops. My round 1 was some kid with ADD who I had to keep pushing to play the damn game leaving me no time to fix my deck before round 2.

Pulled Gisela in prize packs though, felt good.
>Mfw had Bruna in my pool, and traded her between rounds
>>
>>48314126
Went Blue/Black zombies. Went 4-0. Lilli is stronk. Was chump.blocking with d20s after emblem. I made it up to 73 zombies one game solely for the purpose of fucking with the guy. SOI packs had diregraf collosus and choked estuary. Ran counter spells and every fucking zombie I had.
>>
>>48317573
Good job. Not going to say you got lucky or anything, but all my experiance with blue in limited has been trash. Literally throwing away the round, but that's just my experiance. Black, White was very consistent for me and Lone Rida was a great game changer, Stitcher Graft was my only fucking bomb, and Desperate Cathar was fucking value train. Black did a lot of support with the two two flying bears, and delirium enablers.
>>
File: 20160717_17_07_36.jpg (11 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
20160717_17_07_36.jpg
11 KB, 190x265
I got 3 kessig prowlers and 4 lunarch mantle it was a 4/3 sometimes flying 5 turn clock from t2 in most of my games, 2/1 for G is harsh if they dont have answers in their opening hand
>>
>>48316572
squeal to wizards.
>>
>>48316343
>not being there for the birth
>>
>>48316526
Where on earth do you live?
>>
>>48317914
>He can always have another nephew/niece born
>There will never be another EMN Pre-release weekend
Think about it.
>>
>>48297871
Went 4-0 dropping zero games playing BG Delirium splashing a bit of white

Easy
>>
So I went 4-0 3 times, net about 20 EMN in prize, plus the 18 packs from the sealed.
-First event UW Spirit/fliers
-Second event BW Humans
-Third event RG Wolves
I honestly had better cards in white in my last event but i just really wanted to play wolves.
I got a lot of jank despite the massive amount of packs and wasnt able to find ANYONE with a Grim Flayer, and no one wanted to give up their lilianas, :(
How bout everyone else?
>>
whelp

pulled basically all junk except for a Grim Flayer

made delirium/madness Golgari
went 1-3
got shit on by people using double Gisela in 2 of the games and then lost a third game to some guy who drew the nuts on a red opening and killed me on like turn 4 while I was flooded

pretty shit desu
I got invited back to play again tomorrow and I don't think im gonna do that
instead im just gonna buy a box and then get what I want off ebay

probably won't ever do a pre-release again desu
this was my first one and it was pretty awful

I saw people pulling Emrakuls and Tamiyos and all these fukin awesome cards and I walked away with my Grim Flayer and my promo Splendid Reclamation

that and the last game of the day was vs. some dude who was probably in his forties who was being a general cunt rules lawyer and I am pretty sure put some extra cards he brought along with him into his deck. Either that or his pool was fucking absolutely nuts
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
best pulls I've had in a while, if ever. people kept asking if I'd trade Tamiyo in the middle of fucking games, shit was annoying. UG emerge night one and fucked on people but didn't win anything. Bant control night 2 and ran into some awful match ups.

kind of depressed, there's like nothing else I want from the set now, aside maybe the tree and thalia.
>>
File: 1465087356699.jpg (39 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1465087356699.jpg
39 KB, 1024x768
>>48318047
See
>>48300071
>>48300194
>>48300244
>>48300433
I pretty much called how it is yesterday, but according to the thread im a liar and you are just bad i guess
>>
Magic is fucking stupid. Eat it nerds.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.