[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>HU DUH I so love being a human! o.0 We are so awesome we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9
File: cannon fodder.jpg (7 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
cannon fodder.jpg
7 KB, 284x177
>HU DUH I so love being a human! o.0 We are so awesome we invented so many things I had nothing to do with and we really want to le survive just like every other living creature in existence

HFY is to SF what extremist ideologies are to real life - exist solely to make failures feel better about themselves despite the fact that they contributed absolutely nothing to the subject they dickride.
>>
>>48296942
Kill yourself lol
>>
What the fuck are you trying to say, you demented chode motherfucker?

Humans are the only intelligent species on this planet, although if we classify them as an intelligent species I strongly suspect you'll be excluded from their number. Of course humans are exceptional, the fact a fuckwit like you can shitpost on a taiwanese puppet forum shows how distinct we are from the rest of nature.
>>
>>48297000
Uh, excuse me, mister. It's a Manchurian animated stonecarving board okay?
>>
It's more of a reaction to humans as "average". The strong race is stronger than humans, the fast race is faster, the old race is older. It's interesting to point the camera at the aliens and see how they react to us.
>>
>>48297000
Wow humans are so exceptional because they can post on 4chan that's really something I would show aliens as our groundbreaking achievement.
>>
>>48296942
You may have a point but that wont stop me from defaulting to a human character 99% of the time.
Have a nice day.
>>
>>48297117
>that's really something I would show aliens as our groundbreaking achievement
Yeah if they really existed lol. Face it, we're a freak of nature on an otherwise void planet.

Better start liking each other, that's all we've got. ;^)
>>
Well i don't know about you but extremist ideologies have added quite a bit to the world OP.

In the forms of history, science, strategy, tactics, and technology.

I mean countries like America wouldn't exist without extremist ideologies to begin with.
>>
It also may be a response to the cliche of "humanity desperately needs to learn this lesson from the aliens, which coincides to whatever political bug the author has up his or her ass". Usually something about war or the environment.
>>
>>48297137
>liking a species that invented something as garbage as tabletop games

never
>>
What a useless thread. Maybe we could make something out of it, maybe some human-positive sci-fi?
>>
OP IS A TAU COCK SUCKER, SPLATTERED IN SO MUCH BLUE HE IS A FECKLESS SMURF.

EMPEROR OF MAN #1 SEE YOU ON THE FRONT LINE FAGGOT WHEN WE SMASH YOUR PLASTIC WHEELCHAIRS!
>>
>>48297238
I've always liked imagining humans as a creative and thoughtful species in sci-fi settings, but I don't know. It's be hard to imagine how something alien thinks to begin with.
>>
>>48297292
Aliens can make everything unique about humans commonplace if they're not completely incomprehensible.
>>
>You cannot be proud of being human accomplishment unless you significantly add to said accomplishment
Or how about I tell yourself to suck a bag of dicks OP?
Jesus fucking Christ what is this self-deprecating bullshit that you need to force it species wide?
>Man, thinking about it's kinda funny how far we've come-
>Yeah but you haven't contributed to it at all so fuck off if you feel an ounce of pride for humanity being good
Literally the worst fusion between fun and thought police.
>>
Even the first cave man, shivering in his nakedness, as he broke a branch from a tree to fend off a pack of wolves has more to say for the species than OP
>>
>>48297117
Someone get that HFY short about space elves finding a dead earth. It was one of the more light hearted ones, if not outright hysterical.
>>
>>48297292
It depends on what the aliens are like I suppose, maybe they all have a hive-mind and human's individuality is really kind of odd to them, like it seems wasteful or they don't understand how it would help anything out.

Maybe all the actual ALIENS are dead, and robots from them persist, and the robots can only vaguely describe what the aliens were like,

Maybe we're the aliens perfect image of horror, the anathema to their idea of beauty, really it can go on. Just depends on the kind of story you wanna tell I suppose.
>>
>>48297334
Being born a human is really an achievement you should be proud of anon there are so many people who failed this task.
>>
>>48297334
Humans are by definition are messy, clumsy, and pretty goofy.
But at the same time we've been fighting disasters since the first human found him or herself thinking back in pre-history africa, and we're still here.

Humans are pretty cool breh.
>>
>>48296942
Talk for your NEET self. If you are working you have all the right to be proud. the anonymous masses might not bring the brand new advancement but they support it.
>>
>>48297436
At the very least you should be pleased you can do abstract reasoning. Almost everything we do now is unnatural and that doesn't seem weird at all.
>>
>>48297460
True facts!

Honestly my opinion of humanity is a little bit low at the moment, but I cannot fucking stand that "oh-pity-me humanity is so doomed abloobloobloo" bullshit you sometimes see.

If you aint gonna help the rest of us, and just sit there and wait for it all to end, fuck off.
>>
>>48297453
Keep telling yourself tha when you flip burgers at McDonald.
>>
Who made you the arbiter of morality?
>>
>>48297517
Every little bit helps! Maybe if you weren't so bitter you could appreciate the smallstuffs.
>>
>>48297414
>>48297436
By definition being human is fairly fucking awesome/metal/stupid as fuck. Living on is basically keeping your ticket to ride to the world's craziest fucking roller-coaster as we hurtle through space at a billion trillion miles a sec. These are the beings that on discovering the potential of splitting the atom to potentially burn this world to a fucking crisp said "Yeah, fuck it." we're metal as fuck. We build our advancements on the dead who have made discovery before us. It could be argued that the bones of our society are the bones of our forebearers. It could also be said we are drunkenly bumbling around in the dark, looking for a lightswitch that may or may not be there but by fuck we will TRY EVERYTHING to find it and occassionally get distracted by thinking "maybe this cat will do..." or "what happens if I light this on fire..?"

Humans are the best and brightest this little green marbles has to offer. That's fucking hysterical, terrifying and awe-inspiring all at the same time.
>>
>>48297453
>If you are working you have all the right to be proud.

pft LOL

Not really though. If you have y'know significantly contributed to your field than you can be proud of your own achievements, but people who want to pretend that just being born in the west somehow confers THE LEGACY OF THE GREEKS or whatever wank that is being proffered now then no.

You can be proud of your own shit, but it almost certainly doesn't matter as much as you think it does in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>48297517
>Denigrating people working
Flipping burger for the masses is a fine job, you could aim higer but there's nothing wrong with it. Still better than being a NEET like you.
>>
>>48297538
>craziest fucking roller-coaster
Tell me about it. This week has been fucking crazy.

The British lost a prime minister, got another one and a new cabinet in 4 days at most.

The French had yet another massacre.

The Turks are staging a fucking coup.

Blacks in the USA are stamping their feet and demanding attention.

And all anyone cares about are Pokemon. What a time to be alive!
Seriously, I'm so happy I can live in these times.
>>
File: 1456017190322.png (115 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1456017190322.png
115 KB, 557x605
>>48297453
Diogenes would not call you a honest person I'm sure.
>>
>>48297538
Life is shit as fuck and most people are tards barely above pig level stop copy pasting some dumb 1d4chan bullshit.
>>
>>48297587
I'm glad you're happy. I'm personally fucking scared man. Keep up the positivity dude!
>>
>>48297618
I was depressed in 2015. 2016 is the year of The Happening and I just can't stop laughing at the world. I don't think I've ever been this happy.
>>
>>48297599
Which Diogenes?
>>
>>48297587
I know right? The fucking doom-sayers have no idea. The moment you just say fuck it, let go and throw your hands up in the air is when it gets fucking immense.

>>48297614
Maybe for you but that's your personal little valuation in your little corner of the world. Call me when I give a fuck at 0800-00-I Never Will.
>>
>>48297636
Pardon me dumbness, but what's "The Happening"
shit sounds ominous famaslama
>>
>>48297643
>>48297618
Underage pls leave this fucking site.
>>
>>48297653
You know when people post 'Ids habbening'? That's the happening.
>>
>>48297661
Oh shit I say that all the time, never mind then. Thank you though.
>>
>>48296942
please put "40k" in the title.
>>
>>48297657
>People aren't miserable cunts like me
>FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET /OUT/
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA! I cannot possible communicate how derisive this laughter is.
>>
Martial law coming soon to the USA thanks to BLM ;^)

Praise Kek for his granditude!
>>
>>48297715
You pretty much confirmed you are 16 please fuck off with your Tumblr speak and go back to your containment site.
>>
>Why yes the fact that we created a weapon that can eradicate us truly proves we are an euphoric species deserving praise

the thread
>>
>>48297811
Are you aware how many levels of abstraction you have to go through to invent the scientific method or fucking calculus? And how many more it takes to even conceptualize a weapon like the nuke?
>>
>>48297829
Did you invent the scientific method of fucking calculus? No? Then what are you proud of?
>>
>>48297811
People routinely fall in love with girls that don't even exist (and have for thousands of years) and you argue we're no better than our biological programming?

>>48297864
So what are you proud of asshole?
>>
>>48297829
Nooooo shhhh. This is a misery thread. You can't find a single point in favor of humanity you fuck. How dare you be happy? Where do you think you are on this Southern Greek Toe Licking Image Board?
I hate these threads and I hate these fucking Anons.
>>
>>48297872
>can't even answer the question
>resorts to insuls

typical
>>
>>48297876
>this Southern Greek Toe Licking Image Board
It's actually a barrel dwelling, street shitting graffiti hub
>>
>>48297872
No. Normal people do not fall in love with girls that don't exist you seem to live in some fucko world.
>>
>>48297892
Fucking cynics, not even once.
>>
>>48297902
Tell that to Pygmalion
>>
>>48297903
>This is your brain on cynicism.txt
>>
>>48297903
>>48297923
samefag kill yourself
>>
>>48297117
Actually it is. There's likely no other intelligent live in our half of the galaxy, probably the entire thing. Finding aliens and aliens finding us would still have us both be incredibly unique and important freak accidents of nature. At least judging by our own evolutionary history, life throws all its shit at sapient humanoids in its best attempt to kill them off.
>>
>>48298187
That's mostly because we gamed the food chain system to be able to reproduce more than is natural at the top of it.
>>
File: why.jpg (16 KB, 460x241) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
16 KB, 460x241
>>48298285
>we're all descended from munchkins
>>
File: 1433013622991.webm (3 MB, 860x646) Image search: [Google]
1433013622991.webm
3 MB, 860x646
>>48296942
Op is a faggot and this entire thread is pic related
>>
>>48297000
You need some Preparation H?
>>
>>48297117
To be fair if we did find aliens I'd keep 4chan in the back of the cupboard marked "dangerous pathogens" on the off-chance someone got curious.
>>
>>48297872
I'm proud of nothing. My species can't even get their shit together to stop killing each other, much less to stop being assholes.
>>
>>48302745
>I'm proud of nothing.
Sucks to be you then, I guess.

>My species can't even get their shit together to stop killing each other
That'd be nice, but it's never going to happen. If you set impossible goals you'll always be unhappy.
>>
>>48297864
The fact I'm not you is pretty high up my list
>>
>>48302919
Underrated post.
>>
>>48297238
Nah fuck you cunt I'm going to rape you and give you AIDS then spit on your blubbering corpse
>>
>>48302915
But there's nothing to be proud of.
Each fucking day I need to deal with assholes and it's amazing this world survived so long with people like that.
>>
Fuck off back to tumblr
>>
>>48298761
Well how about we get some HFY in here and derail it?
>>
>>48297079
I think Traveller does this well. Vargr see us as single minded obsessives, almost hive-mind creatures, who act for inscrutible reasons. Aslan see us as some kind of degenerate transgender hippies. K'kree see us as ogres, squatting alone in cramped tunnels and reeking of blood and filth.
>>
File: 1446708689957.jpg (5 KB, 135x145) Image search: [Google]
1446708689957.jpg
5 KB, 135x145
Saying anything about humanity is stupid when there isn't another intelligent race out there that we can compare ourselves to. I heard HFY-faggots saying that we should be the super warlike race, because we fight ourselves so much. There might be an alien race out there that takes up arms as soon as it's born and is in constant bellum omnium contra omnes, and they think this is normal, as well as having no concept of compassion and guilt, letting our wars look like mere brawls.

But we won't know until we find them. Until that, fictional humans we be just that, fictional, as well as the aliens/fantasy races that you can headcanon as good/bad as you want to make yourself feel better about yourself accidentally being born human.
>>
>>48296942
Humans are the best species there is in real life.
And they're useless, insignificant specs.
All is lost!
Embrace despair!
>>
Humans suck cock

>stab him in the gut
>he dies

woah

meanwhile
>stab an Ork in the gut
>he tears your head off
>>
>>48304352
That needs Orkz to exist though, so I don't see any problems here.
>>
>>48304396
The whole thread isn't about real life to begin with faggot it's just two dumb underage spergs took it to heart and start talking about muh McDonald's contributions or something.
>>
>>48303854

Ay. When I write sci-fi humans I make them pretty unexceptional and instead I try to focus on what sorts of cultural expressions we might expect in the future (which is likely pioneering, big business and individual expressions in my opinion).
>>
I am fairly sure a moderately o.k. thread died for this circlejerk.
>>
>>48304352
A gorilla can do that too.

But notice that while a gorilla can kill a human, humans have almost killed all gorillas.
>>
>>48296942
Fuck off Onision
>>
>>48296942
>liberals, the post
>>
File: image.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>48296942
Not even subtle brah
>>
>>48297137
The math, and many very intelligent people disagree with you anon.
>>
>>48297886

Not the above poster, but you're doing the same damn thing.
>>
>>48303854

Except HFY was started as an exercise against the portrayal of humans in fiction, fucknugget. There are plenty of fictional races to compare humanity against, so get the stick out of your ass. I can't handle the faggot inception you got going on with it up in there.
>>
File: Space Uniform4.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1279) Image search: [Google]
Space Uniform4.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1279
>>48296942
HFY could be good, unfortunately it is full of so many generic sci-fi shit that it just becomes crap. Especially when they just make humans "space americans" "space romans" or some other space version of that shit along with humans being "average" "adaptable" and other shit, which has been overdone to the bone.

They could have build an unique culture that future humanity could have along with unique military formations, technology, Military Uniforms, clothing, and etc.. that makes them stand out and different compared to the other species.

But they don't. They would just drop a modern conventional military in space and with boring regular generic crap.

Btw real talk here. If we are so adaptable in sci-fi settings then how come we didn't make genetic advancement in that category and make us super adaptable to the point we can grow gills and breathe underwater if necessary, or be able to shapeshift to a certain extend? That's true adaptability if you ask me.
>>
>>48297907
>Pygmalion
Lucky fucker. He got a real waifu for free
>>
The thing with HFY is that nobody writing it has any idea of how to write a theme into a story without spelling it out, nor has any idea of what makes humanity special other than hurr reverse engineering hurr war hurr adaptability hurr endurance hunting

Dune is one example of a setting that celebrates or even glorifies humanity, yet isn't HFY nor even resembles it
>>
>>48305797
Huh... You know, that's... Actually not a half bad way to go about things.

Congrats, anon: You've actually made the first REAL HFY I've seen in years!
>>
>>48296942
>jelly ayy lmao detected
Fuck off, space nigger, we're full.
>>
>>48297517
At least someone flipping burgers is doing a job and getting paid, while you leech off your disappointed mother and yell at her to bring your tendies down to you in the basement so you don't have to miss a second of shitposting in a feeble attempt to hide how much of a lonely, pathetic, failure of a person you are.

You have contributed nothing to humanity as a whole, have accomplished nothing, and have nothing to be proud of. And instead of changing that, you try to bring the rest of humans down to your level. You're not even worthy to call yourself a human. Go outside and eat shit like the worm you really are.
>>
What always irritates me about humans in sci-fi settings is that it assumes that humanity has formed a giant world government in its expansion into space
I dont believe for a second a nation like Russia or the USA would willingly give up its national sovereignty to a world government, let along nations like China, Korea, and Japan putting aside their differences and singing Kumbaya.
I would think that what makes humans unique in a sci-fi setting is the simple fact its reached space despite not having formed into at maximum 5 different continent blobs, let alone still having around 200 different nations jockying for themselves on the international and interstellar stage
>>
>>48307972
Well the thing is that when they do that they always put modern settings in space and humans reach FTL in like 200 years or so out of nowhere. I doubt things are gonna go that quickly.

First there will be moon colonies then mars colonies then colonies in the entire solar system which would evolved into cities and nations then finally FTL travel. That's I see things. And by then Humanity would have a complete different outlook than they do now and won't give a shit about the shit we think matters today just like we hardly give a shit of stuff people though matters 200 - 500 years ago. But most Sci-Fi settings don't think this through and just drop modern humans and nations in a Space nations.
>>
>>48307972
I'd recommend "In A Good Cause" by Asimov.

It's precisely that fragmentation, and consequences thereof, that let the humans win.
>>
>>48307521
>make some scenario in your head
>get butthurt about it

you are seriously retarded
>>
>>48296942
no
>>
>>48297517
>Keep telling yourself tha when you flip burgers at McDonald
>someone isn't a beta race traitor
>must flip burgers

haha get fucked i work for Bank of America on mortgages, shit is fucking cash when i get the repo men in on the scroungers and parasites you traitors protect
>>
>>48309240
Ok.
>>
File: 2392862.main_image.jpg (232 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
2392862.main_image.jpg
232 KB, 1000x1500
>>48305158
Gorillas fuck yeah.

>we fight for da rainforest
>naked apes with boomy thing come
>he do boom
>me hurt, but me don't show
>he be like whoa
>me tear him apart
>me die thinking "whoa"
GFY

(like this if you cry every tiem)
>>
>>48297657
>Implying that being depressed about the state of the world and not revealing in the bits of joy still to be found is a prerequisite to adulthood.

I have genuine pity for you. What a horrible existence you must have.
>>
>>48303087
>it's amazing this world survived so long
Well there you go. Something to be proud of.
>>
Are Slavs humans?
>>
I'm not a human I'm a nigger and I fucking hate humans thats why I joined a gang and kill them.
>>
>>48297538
>maybe this cat will do
A cat is not fine for any malicious human use.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.