[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #955: Reality Warping Contest Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109
File: Jumpchain Body Mod.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain Body Mod.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Jump Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>last time on Jumpchain...
>>48277688
>>
File: Kira and Killer Queen.jpg (120 KB, 400x992) Image search: [Google]
Kira and Killer Queen.jpg
120 KB, 400x992
>>48286956
So, Jumpers.

Do you ever interact with your Stand? Is it sentient? How is your relationship with it?
>>
>>48287016
Time Warp is not Sentient
I might kill myself if it was. I Loath that movie.
>>
>>48287016
Eternity has an...obsession with music and every so often, summons the headphones I got from my Persona Jump to listen to. Of course this means I have to deal with peeps thinkin' I'm disrespecting them when I suddenly have headphones on my head.

Considering that that usually happens when I need my music fix the most, I don't mind it too much. It's also led to some priceless moments, like the time some bitchass no-name hollow was ranting about how I was a 'mere human'. The headphones popped up and the ownage commenced and not a single flying fuck was given that day.

...until I caught up to Ishida and Ichigo gave them both a very stern lecture on what shit is appropriate and what isn't.
>>
>>48287051
I'm tempted to quote song lyrics at you now.
>>
>>48287016
Red Garland is sort of sentient, in the same way as Star Platinum and The World. He DOES have his own unique personality, but he's not a totally different being, more like a different side of me. For the most part, despite his intimidating exterior he's pretty chill, and we get along very well, though we tend to also like just relaxing alone. He does seem to share my berserk button, seeing as someone purposely harming a child is one of the few things that pisses it off.
>>
>>48286361
1.Giving them all wands of universal fire Seems like an even worse idea, or am I misreading That? I do have Sacrificial Bestowment and infectious bite, so I could Most likely say I managed something ,and saying I spent a longer jump training them would help,a lot can happen during civilization.
>>48286510
I'm working on Not doing that, and I know I do misinterpret thing and if I misinterpreted things in a way that had caused you distress I am sorry.
>>
File: Francesco_Hayez_017.jpg (276 KB, 2024x1480) Image search: [Google]
Francesco_Hayez_017.jpg
276 KB, 2024x1480
So, for those of who have played a conqueror/military leader role in a medieval or fantasy setting, what do you do when you sack a city? You let your troops pillage and destroy to their heart content? You restrict them and order them to be 'considerate' to the city and the smallfolk? Do you sing a song?
>>
File: seriously.png (85 KB, 407x222) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85 KB, 407x222
>>48287269
>>sack a city

I've never done that, I have destroyed cities and I have Conquered Them never just randomly Burning and looting them though. it seems unproductive
>>
I want to turn Harry Potter into an anime. Help me out here /jc/.
>>
>>48287307
Get the Panty and Stockings perk that lets you apply cartoon art styles to a world.
>>
>>48287307
Go ahead and do it, maybe give muggles punchmagic to confuse the fuck out of wizards.
>>
Is it possible to take Panty and Stocking as companions without Garterbelt?
>>
>>48287322
There was also that video game dev jump that had that as a capstone booster for the artist background
>>
253. Gundam Anno Domini
Origin: Pilot (-50), Age: 19, Species: Innovator (-200)
Perks: Twitch Combat, Know Your Range [Melee] (-100), Battle Orchestra (-200), Quantum Brain (-400)
Meisters: Isaac and Roberta
Mobile Suits: Tier 5 GN Drive (-100), Vulcans, Sonic Blade, GN Shield Bits (-250), Close Combat (-300)
Drawbacks: Time? (+600)

I am not a man without resources, nor am I incapable of extreme action. And this requires both.

A shield for Earth, assuredly, and some way to delay the ESL and distract them until Quantum Systems can be invented. We have dozens of different shield types, and we're laying and varying them as much as we can. Mass Effect shields, areas of frozen time, Green Lantern Willpower shields, false Quantum brains for them to chase after, a million different energy shields, Harry Potter magic designed to make them remember that they left the stove on when they get too close, no idea was too stupid to not be worth trying. I even led them on some merry chases myself as a decoy, either using my own Quantum Brain or more base perks like Alien Harem and To Boldly Come, which was actually pretty terrifying when they worked.

These things required a lot of energy, and blocked off a lot of energy from the planet, so I had to set up some alternatives. The primary one was using teleportation and portals to steal material from asteroids and stars. That took a lot of long range scouts and they didn't always report back once the ESL figured out how to track us. Then there was the energy the Light of Terra and Kerykeion could provide, which at this juncture could keep the whole planet shielded from approximately one attack. Even the Light Hawk Wings could only hold out for so long. And it required huge amounts of mana, meaning I had to take advantage of worship generating mana and play god a bit. A lot. Even with Elder Scrolls enchantments reducing the cost to less than 10%.

It was all work and no play. Stress.
>>
>>48287269
To sack a city means to take EVERYTHING that isn't nailed down, and even then there are ways.
By the time I started really medieval/fantasy jumping, I was super rich and could barter a priest into giving me his mother. So if I'm sacking a city, it's probably because said city is filled with nothing but criminals and degenerates and I consider the materials worth more than their lives. Thus, soldiers are allowed to kill anyone who stops them. But they must do it quickly, for once it is done, I'm going to level the entire city with HE rounds.

You might be asking how I'm using HE rounds.
Simple, I replaced the horse Calvary division with Panzer VIs.
Now you might be asking why I replaced the Calvary with Tiger Tanks.
That is a question you should be asking yourself.
>>
>>48287016
Tribute is... complicated. He started out with my personality as a template but each time I gain a new incarnation, like when Jump-Chain throws me into a non-Drop-In background, he gains a little of that and seems to be building towards a fully unique personality. Yes he is a part of me, but he's piecemeal and seems so different after all these years that I tend to think of him as a separate being entirely. Hell he even gave me the Zangetsu 'What you wish to protect isn't what I wish to protect.' speech. So... complicated.
>>
So what is Dark binding and where do you get it? Also what are the applications of it, I've seen a lot of people talk about it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (27 KB, 634x95) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
27 KB, 634x95
>>48287373
From Hellsing, myriad purposes include familiars, souls being burnt away instead of you dieing, and any other uses you can think of for a spare soul.
>>
What are some good perks for boosting the power of my created minions?
>>
>>48287405
Are there any good ways for resisting corruption from this or "Digesting" the souls to make yours stronger?
>>
>>48287426
No. Just don't bother with dark binding and use something else.
>>
>>48287426
Try Castlevania jump, Power of Domination or something like that.
>>
>>48287426
Spyro and Once Upon a Time have good anti-corruption perks
>>
What did you do in R-type?
>>
>>48287492
What should I do in R-Type?
>>
>>48287499
Eat the Bydo and the Forces. Do it, see what happens.
>>
>>48287499
Save humanity from the Bydo. Also take the Bydo pet/waifu.
>>
>>48287426
The Demon Souls/Dark Souls Jumps can consume souls to make yours stronger (this has diminishing returns)/ made stuff. Tales of Symphonia ExSpheres can use souls to become Cruxis Spheres critical mass.

So if a soul you have bound is "innocent" enough to start corrupting you, get rid of it with something like that.
>>
>>48287426
The way it reads, just don't eat innocent souls and you won't be corrupted.
>>
File: Bill friends 2.jpg (12 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
Bill friends 2.jpg
12 KB, 236x236
>>48287016
Talking Heads doesn't has much of a personality, so we don't talk or discuss much. My Persona on the other hand...

>>48287307
Panty & Stocking had a perk to turn everything into an anime. At least from your perspective.

And I think there was a perk that let you apply tropes to the world, maybe that could help.

>>48287426
Castelvania has a power that makes your soul incorruptible and practically indestructible. And The Obsidian Trilogy has a perk that lets you corrupt souls, so they won't actually corrupt you if you consume them.

>>48287269
It's been a while since I've been involved in such conflicts directly.

Last time was in Overlord, where I was a member of AoG. Turns out that our rival Guild were also demi-humans and they had landed in the middle of the territories of the Beastmen tribes, and also conquered other non-human kingdoms. So we have to make an 'alliance' with the humans in order to prevent Nazarick from being isolated from the world.

So, once we meet battle close to the Elf Kingdom that had pledge alliance to the Rival Guild in the frontier of the Slane Theocracy. While the bulk of our forces (Nazarick's and my Companions and my own summons) moved to engage the Rival Guild's armies plus the ones that they have gathered both from orcs and beastmen tribes, elves, the alliance and the Platinum Dragon Lord's hosts.
>>
>>48287426
See: >>48287562 >>48287566

Just don't be a fatass and eat everything you come across, anon, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>48287426
Go to actraiser and get sinful sommolier and the hell manion, that way you can have a limitless supply of evil souls that are made into wine. Tasty and classy way to get evil souls to drink.
>>
File: Bill friends.jpg (795 KB, 1254x1920) Image search: [Google]
Bill friends.jpg
795 KB, 1254x1920
>>48287570
(cont)
While Demiruge and Ainz took command of the great army, with most of my companions with them, I took Pandora's Actor and Shalltear and moved to the Elf Kingdom's capital with a few hundreds of demons. The Rival Guild had actually anticipated this and left a considerable force to defend their new allies (and the city itself, considering that it was a key point to access both the Platinum Dragon Lord's territory and the Holy Kingdom).

Nevertheless, we breached the city and put everything inside to the sword, and then proceed to pass the city to the torch. Shortly after, we went to reinforce the main army who had been severely damaged due to the use of some pretty unbalanced AoE World Items and were on retreat.

We marched with both our armies to engage once more, us carrying various treasures that we had stolen from the city, and various of my Bloodletter and khornate-like demons carrying various of the remains of the inhabitants of the city in spikes. It was a pretty nasty view, but we were an army of demons, after all. Sadly, it didn't had the effect that we would have wanted and the elves actually fought much more fiercely. But with most of their World Items in cooldown, while we had saved ours, there was very little that they could do against a superior force and most of them were slaughtered.

Although that wasn't the end of the war with the Rival Guild,who were able to escape mostly intact with their strongest members alive and mostly undamaged, we separated our forces again and sacked most of the demi-human territories.
>>
>>48287526
I can't believe that Bydo waifu is actually a thing that exists in jumpchain.
>>
>>48287566
Eat animals and monsters, that way you get an awesome army of beasts as well as not risking corruption... Unless animals count as innocent, in which case I'm completely corrupted.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (75 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
75 KB, 480x360
What are the most eldritch perks?
>>
Posting my working notes for the Girls Und Panzer Jump. Very little is priced so far, but most of the items and all the drawbacks have descriptions. And most of the framework stuff is done. Just the perks aren't. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UjyBXIIsNOLILo4m9LLmc_X51IHK5bzdDv63XtjwpUk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: Bydo.jpg (1 MB, 982x1194) Image search: [Google]
Bydo.jpg
1 MB, 982x1194
>>48287721
>Bydo waifu
The what? Someone waifued one of these things!
>>
>>48287016
Well, Invictus doesn't have a personality as much as he is my true self. When I can't bring myself physically to say something, my soul speaks for me. When I see my companion broken, harmed, on the brink of death, when I see it is Gaia, it is my soul that speaks for me, it is my soul that tells the enemy that they made the wrong choice, that I will match their malice with my hatred.
>>48287269
It really depends on the amount of hate I have for the enemy, or the amount of justice that is done if I were to make certain decisions. If I conquered a place that was populated by generally good people, I will try my best to not harm civilians, a majority of those "Humanity, Fuck Yeah" posts I used to say generally sums up what I'd do with the people I defeat, I uplift them and I wish for them to join me.
However, if say I was to try and conquer Mars from the Johj? Utter fucking annihilation, I will kill them for ever fucking with mankind. They do human experimentation, kidnap poor defenseless people, so for that I will show them the terror of mankind.
>>
>>48287797
Well, at least the one offered in the jump is explained as developing according to your own interests, and that it can even be humanoid if you want it to be.
>>
>>48287915
How would you guide it in that direction anyway?
>>
File: eldritch bill.jpg (131 KB, 500x591) Image search: [Google]
eldritch bill.jpg
131 KB, 500x591
>>48287783
>Angel perk tree from NGE
You basically become an Old One with this.
>Some of the demons from SMT
Become the embodiment of plagues, among other things
>Chaos perk tree from Webmage
Become living pool of chaos, only giving form through your own will. Your blood corrupts and devours the world.
>Forgotten Realms
Become any outsider race that you felt like.
>Kingdom Hearts
Various perk trees for that.
>fusion Boomer from BUBBLEGUM crisis
Basically become an ever growing mass of corpses.
>Lovecraft Jump
Self-explanatory.
>Hellsing vampires
They're pretty lovecraftian.
>Darksiders
Not exactly Eldritch by its own, but you can fanwank it a bit.
>Blame!
Silicon Life forms are basically cyber eldritch abominations.
>Ovelord's true vampire
Also pretty eldritch.

There are probably lot's of other eldritch stuff. Most demonic/dark magic can get you an eldritch vibe. Fallen London, Warhammer chaos paths, Devil Survivor, Fate as a Caster/Berserker Servant, Sburb as an Ending Jump, Toriko, Drakengard as an Angel, etc.

>>48287566
You have lots of prisons that can surely give you what you need.
>>
Why does being a Lombax in the Ratchet and Clank jump cost 400 points, have no meaningful benefits, and a mandatory drawback?
>>
>>48287922
I don't know, reading it hentai doujinshi as bedtime stories? Psychic bond?
>>
>>48287789
>literally me every morning
Needs a perk that prevents people from waking up early in the morning, like plebs.

>>48287783
Oath Rune of the Lumenwood Kin "Milkweed.", A piece of Eldritch truth, Insight (Bloodborne)
Sword Of Polaris (Devil Survivor 2)
Grimdarkness + God Mode (Generic Sburb)
All the Angel perks and gear (Neon Genesis)
The madness perks from Soul Eater
Cognitohazardous (SCP)
Eldritch blasts (DC)
Ouroboros perks (Siren Blood Curse)
Non-euclidean Geometry (8-Bit)
Doublethink (1984)
Outsider perks (Dresden Files)
The Forbidden Fruit (NWOD)
Hellsing vampire perks (Hellsing)
>>
>>48287952
Ummm... reasons? Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Maybe it's implied you gain heir mastery of machinery? Maybe the writer didn't like furries?
>>48287988
Doh. I knew I was forgetting something. Perk? You mean drawback? or a Perk that actually makes it easy to get up on time?
>>
>>48287988
>pic
I just did that though...
>>
>>48287996
Could be a drawback making you not get up in time in the morning, could be a perk that makes someone on the enemy team late. I'm just throwing ideas around.

>>48288006
I don't believe you...or you're not a human. You're probably dozens of spiders in a man-suit or something.
>>
>>48287789
Having to pay 300 CP to just use your companions seems weird. Can't you have the first 8 companions have their powers normally and make the 300CP option give them CP to spend?
>>
>>48288031
It's a free import option, that gives them 200CP and an origin. It's only 300 if you want them to have their powers. that's about right for most 8 person imports.
>>
>>48287332
Looking at the wording, you could do that if you bought the single canon companion option twice.

Or, you could just buy all three of them and then leave Garterbelt inactive the whole time. Panty and Stocking don't seem like they'd mind.

Or, you could take the obviously correct option and just buy Scanty and Kneesocks instead.
>>
>>48288070
I was going to get all four of them.
>>
>>48288070
>>48288077
I'd have to be paid in hard CP to take any of them. They're all bugfuck insane and hyper destructive. It would be worse than having the Dirty Pair arround.
>>
File: Adventure Time 1.25.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Time 1.25.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Thought I'd repost it for those who haven't seen it while responding to stuff from last thread.

>>48282378
Depends on who you ask. What (if anything) constitutes magic is sort of a sore spot for some of the inhabitants of Ooo.

>>48283745
Can't see why not to be honest.

>>48285195
You'd be on their level without it in terms of sheer power but you might not be able to get as big as Flame Princess gets without Monstrous Form.

You'd be able to work around it with huge armour made of your element though as Ice King does.

Monstrous Form would allow you to produce more of your element than either Ice King or Flame Princess does though and provide a huge thematically suitable form.
>>
>>48288100
When we transform with the Monstrous Form perk would our clothes transform with us or would they just be destroyed?
>>
>>48288114
Your choice really. Pretty sure when Marceline does it her clothes stay on.
>>
File: riful_by_kanomaru.jpg (337 KB, 900x792) Image search: [Google]
riful_by_kanomaru.jpg
337 KB, 900x792
>>48288100
If we have Monstrous Form and Elemental Monarch, does our monstrous form have to be thematically appropriate? Because previously I basically had a ripoff Riful form before I went to Claymore, and fire both ruins the ribbon flesh aesthetic and I'm not really fond of any fire monster form I can think of.
>>
>>48288124
Quick question on the Conjurer perk from your Oblivion jump. Can i use it to permanently summon creatures from other magic systems as well?
>>
>>48288022
While I may not be the anon, as a person that gets up around 5:30am every weekday, aside from the weekend (where I sleep till noon) I can say that we literally feed off of the energy of others while they sleep. That's why others don't wake up till later, and are still tired.
Soon, you'll be sleeping for years without end, months go by and your still tired, while we go on through will alone. Sleep tight.
>>
In the Darkest Dungeon Gauntlet how does the Estate follow you?
>>
>>48288161
It moves when you're not looking at it.
>>
>>48288145
You could have a separate monstrous form as well given you still bought that perk but really if you want to be able to use the combo you're going to want to be on fire.

>>48288148
No.
>>
>>48288161
Millions of tiny legs.
>>
>>48288006
Let's be honest here. If it meant being able to fuck around in a tank, I'd happily get up at six in the morning.
Hell, I'd get up at three or four.
>>
>>48288216
>If it meant being able to fuck a tank
>>
>>48288167
>>48288176
Actually got me to chuckle. Anyway I was asking if it was like a Warehouse extension or just another place that you can always find, like the cabin from SAO.
>>
>>48288100
Hey, does having archmage and elemental monarch give you special magic for your element?

Specifically can I do candy magic?

A combo isnt listed for them so I thought id ask.
>>
>>48288240
It's the latter - it and the area around it like the dungeons and the town find a similar-looking location to the "area map" in the game proper and plonk themselves down.
>>
>>48288149
Shhh... trade secrets!
Personally, I just wake up when it seems like time and fall back asleep... everywhere.
>>
>>48288100
How does choosing canon companions work? Do they cost the same as importing a companion with points to spend on them?
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 500x334
>>48288238
Well, that too.
Just look at dem gains
>>
How dangerous is Darkest Dungeon even? Could a relatively high power jumper solve the problem fairly easily, and would there be anything they could even get out of it?
>>
File: suprised slime people.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
suprised slime people.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>48288100
>Monstrous Form would allow you to produce more of your element than either Ice King or Flame Princess does though and provide a huge thematically suitable form.
>produce more of your element

Wait, the 'boosts power' bit is about Elemental Monarch's elemental generation, not just getting stronk from hueg? Do you only get that boost in your kaiju form then?

...I might have to change my build in light of this.
>>
>>48287789
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UjyBXIIsNOLILo4m9LLmc_X51IHK5bzdDv63XtjwpUk/edit?usp=sharing

So, your opening intro blurb is kinda balls - what's the setting, what is there to do here besides a bunch of cute girls in tanks, what is anything?

Details.
>>
>>48288285
Don't know, but doesn't it say you can't go in, or am getting mixed up with something else?
>>
>>48288285
It's a Gauntlet, so regardless of Jump Number you're going to be hard-pressed.
>>
>>48288285
>Darkest Dungeon is a powerless jump, without companions or Warehouse access. You still keep your knowledge and past experience, you will need it.
It is stupidly dangerous.

>>48288298
>This will not be easy; of the expeditions mounted every week, with four men by your side, you must command, fight and hope for the best.
That bit kind of implies you go in alongside the four.
>>
For the Mega Man X jump, do you need to be a Drop-In to start off in an upgraded version of your Mega Man Classic body? If so, do the upgrades that I buy for the C-Rank body carry over to it?

Also, how does Unique Architecture and Fieldwork Optimized (after being upgraded to modern levels) compare to the Chassis Upgrades?
>>
>>48288100
Does vanilla Elemental Monarch make you immune to your element?
Kind of sad if you make your Flame Kingdom and the rivers of Lava combust you...
Or pull a frozen, and then freeze to death.
>>
>>48287789
>Mandatory companion import with form locking and depowering
Oh, what the fuck. Some of us have companions we don't want to import into every setting, you know. And certainly not if they're going to be turned human, let alone the power locking we have to pay to prevent. The last thing unfailingly loyal robot companions need is to suddenly be squishy, fickle teenage girls.
>>
>>48288389
>not wanting to import your comrades as cute girls
You monster.
>>
>>48288402
What if they're already cute robots, anon? What then?
>>
>>48288389
>let alone the power locking we have to pay to prevent.

Wait, we have to pay for Companions to be able to use shit they have?
What the hell?
>>
>>48288349
>Start singing Let it Go
>Penis turns black and falls off
>"NOT WHAT I MEANT!"
>>
>>48288275
Too bad she never saw any combat.
I guess that makes her a virgin.
>>
>>48288291
You could be a cute boy flying aeroplanes.
Or a cute girl working on a bigass school ship (and I do mean bigass. Oorai is like seven kilometers long, and it's one of the smaller ones.)
>>
>>48288100
Is the Tree Fort Seed a single-use item or do we get a new one every ten years?
>>
>>48287789
The fact that the "That Would Be Cheating" drawback exists implies to me that, if you didn't take the drawback, people would begrudgingly accept your victory if you DID just turn into a kaiju and smash the other team's tanks.
>>
>>48288251
You could do candy magic by making yourself a candy wizard by taking the wizard origin.

The elemental stuff is interchangeably called magic sometimes anyway but having it and Archmage would probably give you a more extensive history in doing magic of your element. What that amounts to is sort of up to you though as we don't really see how magic works.

>>48288268
They do and... I just realised something really stupid I did. To be honest I was really heavily intoxicated when I was updating this. There is now very little reason to buy the BMO or Magical Pet/Sibling other than the import. They were already overly expensive and I'm probably going to want to cut their prices and stick in some stuff to the origins affected.

>>48288288
Yes and yes. Monstrous Form went from being a slightly useless perk to a sort of accidental capstone booster.

>>48288349
Yeah.

>>48288479
New one every 10 years.
>>
>>48288494
There ain't no rule against it...
>>
>>48288100
With Elemental Monarch are you still a Human/Wizard/whatever, or are you/can you be an elemental of the appropriate element as an alt form?
>>
>>48287789
Your opening needs some work, as it just states that the person basically should watch the anime to know what's going on.
The automatic companion import should likely be edited to say somthing along the lines of 'every companion you have may be imported for free up to a limit of 32, however they are all, for the duration of this jump; transformed into human school girls, locked into that form, and cannot use any out of jump abilities… they each gain Basic Tankery, one specialization, and 200 CP to spend' so as to avoid butt-hurt 'you forced me' arguments.

I'm no pro at this but those are your most glaring problems. Your perks look fine though you need to finish them and flesh them out a bit.

>>48288145
Holy shit I forgot how scary Riful looks when she's pissed.
>>
>>48287789
So, first off, there's the carbon paint and canon companion options, which is most of what I wanted for the jump. So that's good.

But I'd like it there was an option to just join a school team, instead of running around with a platoon of companions and my own supply of tanks.

Second, and not sure it this is fine... but could we put a full tank crew in one companion slot, if you purchase all of them?

Third, I'm also gonna second this. >>48288389 I'd prefer not to import some of my companions. And I'm not sure about the mandatory power-lock. Mainly because the Deer Lord would fucking murder me if I tried to import it as a cute girl, especially depowered. And yet I'm still /so/ tempted.
>>
>>48287988
>Pic
But I get up at 5:00 AM every morning. What kind of lazybones sleeps till 6?
>>
File: undrkuked.jpg (66 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
undrkuked.jpg
66 KB, 500x375
I have a Claymore question if the jumpmaker is around. Does Filled With Hate actually fill you with hate? I love regeneration perks, but I don't relish becoming a cross between Darth Sion and AM.
>>
>>48288515
You can choose, there are examples of both in canon. Changed the Identity bit a few versions ago to make it so you can choose elemental species.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1369x963) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1369x963
Is it already possible to weaponize pure undiluted 90s in the chain

I need to know now
I still cant believe we also get a 360noscope rider
>>
>>48288574
You disappoint Khorne anon.
>>
>>48288504
>other than the import
They might also want a brand new OC companion from those categories.

Also could you take one of the characters from the genderswapped version as a companion without taking that drawback?
>>
>>48288612
I am pretty sure that Street Sharks has some drop-in perks for stuff like that.
>>
>>48288100
>>48288504
>Yes and yes. Monstrous Form went from being a slightly useless perk to a sort of accidental capstone booster.
Alrighty then. Time to update my build again. Here we go again.

Wizard - Slime [Free] Slime is best.
>perks:
Auto-tune [100] This is pretty fun voice.
Beautiful Hair [100] ...I don't actually have hair while I'm here, on account of goo. But cool.
Wiz Biz [Free] Wiz.
James Baxter Good [200] Now this is just great.
Monstrous Form [300] Goo Kaiju!
Archmage [300] Moar Slime Powah
Elemental Monarch - Slime [600] SLIIIME!
>drawbacks:
Pudding Deficiency [+100] Pudding is sort of like slime. Gimme.
Rather Be Dancing With Some Babes [+200] Wheeee! Let's do something else now.
Stanky Old Wizard Eyes [+300] Trippy.

I AM THE SLIME KING! Bow before my goopiness! A castle of flying slime shall be my palace, mwahahaha!

Also, sometimes I am Goopzilla the Great. This is fun too.

My only regret now is not being able to make slime-tech. Well, that and cool items, and some of the lower priced perks, and... I WANT EVERYTHING ;_;

>>48288504
So, uh, question... how do I compare to Ice King, Patience St. Pim, and the three Elemental princesses with all the stuff I got?
>>
>>48287789
As has been repeated, the opening needs some work. It's not really descriptive of the world, and makes it sound a little bit on the boring side.
I'm iffy on the "you start the year after the anime" on one hand, it makes sense and allows you to throw in the drawback, and you don't have yo worry about the ripple effect. On the other hand, it also locks off some of the waifus without taking the drawback, and such a sin is unforgivable.
The schools themselves can be more descriptive. After all, they all have their own thing that makes them unique: Anzio's food obsession, Saunder's MURRICA, Pravda being shit, Chi-Ha-tan being unable to into sensha-do and so on.
I really don't like the "you must do X. You must get good grades in order to continue doing X. You must keep doing X until you graduate, then do X in college" it reeks of railroading and pretty much makes the "carve your own path" aspect of Jumpchain a bit useless.
The "import other factions as school ships" is a good idea. Operation High Charity High School is a go.
I'm leery of the companions being locked. It's again railroading, but it's also kind of boring and also is unlike any other companion import that I can recall.
Perks I'm not going to worry about since they aren't complete.
I'd nix the rolling for vehicles entirely. It's clunky as hell. I would either offer individual tanks for import cheap, or something like a twenty pack of your choice for a couple hundred CP.
Drawbacks are fine, depending of costs.
The Paradigm shift is also fine.

All in all, not a bad start. There's nothing that really screams "FIX THIS FAGGOT." It just needs a few tweaks to the fluff.
Good luck friend.
>>
So, how often you wander through the world? Do you travel always at feet or do you just use magic/technology to hop around the world? What do you do to make people shelter you? When you do this, how often you end up crossing paths with main/key characters of the setting?
>>
>>48288560
Mako does.
She has low blood pressure.
>>
File: dark schneider spell.jpg (165 KB, 912x1330) Image search: [Google]
dark schneider spell.jpg
165 KB, 912x1330
>>48288616
It is really a toss up between Tzeentch and Slaanesh for which Chaos God would claim my jumper. I like to imagine it's a huge point of contention for the two.
>>
Does anyone know what a Lord of Void from SBURB might be able to do? I'm trying to decide on an endjump.
>>
>>48288631
It does.
>>
File: Tracer best girl.gif (4 MB, 542x600) Image search: [Google]
Tracer best girl.gif
4 MB, 542x600
I come bearing gifts.

http://imgur.com/gallery/KDrEs

http://imgur.com/gallery/wxvuD
>>
>>48288620
They might but probably not for what I'm charging.

Not until/unless they appear in the main setting.

>>48288640
Better than Ice King, Patience and Flame Princess, much better than the others who as of this moment haven't been seen to do much.

Elemental Monarch alone would make you as good as Ice King/Flame Princess/Patience to start with (we haven't seen too much of Patience admittedly but you're the same sort of elemental).

Archmage would make you a better wizard than any of them as Ice King is not very well respected amongst wizards. Got to be a way to incorporate slime into that.

Monstrous Form would give you more raw power than any of them have got as well as tactical, occasional bigness.
>>
>>48288694
Pretty much absolute command of Secrets, Nothingness, and possibly adding Furthest Ring/Horrorterror stuff to that? Not sure how that'd work in practice though.
>>
>>48288610
Doh!
Teach me not to read the fine print...
>>
File: image.jpg (307 KB, 800x1072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
307 KB, 800x1072
>>48288728
Overwatch Jump when?
>>
File: GreenSlime_walk.gif (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
GreenSlime_walk.gif
28 KB, 200x200
>>48288732
Damn, that's pretty awesome Slime Powah then. Thanks!
>>
>>48288762
Dick and Head are making it, but waiting until Blizz releases more lore.
>>
File: 1465816592373.png (4 MB, 1157x1637) Image search: [Google]
1465816592373.png
4 MB, 1157x1637
>>48288671
All the time. It's my favourite way to explore.
>>
>>48288574
Sort of? you can consider it more of a very deep capacity for hate, or more of a nebulous ill defined hate without an actual target. I could go on and on about it and how much I thought about things when writing the perk, but I kind of wanted to leave things more nebulous so people could interpret it for themselves.
>>
>>48288762
Better to wait for more lore to come out like what the organization that Reaper and Widowmaker are in and stuff.
>>
>>48288728
>Shy-Girl Booty

My god
>>
>>48288694
>Master classes
I'm not sure if you're allowed to get them. "Can't pick a master class" is listed alongside the other restrictions that get lifted if you make it an endjump, but it also says you still can't pick them after it finishes giving examples of canon classes. I'm unsure of this.

I could maybe see a Lord of Void being able to decide what is or is not secret. Like, maybe at the higher levels you could flat out delete knowledge from the timeline
>>
>>48288787
Thank you for the answer, but I'll probably stick with my Drop-in people don't want to hurt you build.
>>
>>48288732
>Archmage would make you a better wizard than any of them as Ice King is not very well respected amongst wizards. Got to be a way to incorporate slime into that.
Slime potions. You can make tons of potions with magical effects from your slime body.

Also projection/telepresence via ectoplasm (Slimer!)
>>
File: SburbAnon.png (36 KB, 309x103) Image search: [Google]
SburbAnon.png
36 KB, 309x103
>>48288839
You're allowed to get them if you go endjump, yeah. The bit after the canon class examples was just in reference to the standard assumption of it being locked.

That sounds like it'd fit, yes. Not really sure on how the Master Classes work myself though.
>>
File: rtuHsUG.jpg (83 KB, 598x539) Image search: [Google]
rtuHsUG.jpg
83 KB, 598x539
Which jumps allow for a righteous Crusade to be waged, /jc/?
>>
>>48288956
That is not Justice.
>>
>>48288671
Pretty often, staying in one spot would be boring. I tend to alternate between walking and flying (power rings are awesome) as the mood takes me. Don't need to make people shelter me - I'll shelter them though. I try not to get in the way of the MCs, though I might ask them for an autograph and/or get a holo of us together!
>>
>>48288988
DEUS VULT, INFIDEL. JUSTICE IN AND OF ITSELF.
>>
>>48288100
Huh. Why is the Ice King still the Ice King in the gender-swapped world drawback?
>>
>>48289037
Because he's the one writing his fanfiction about a gender-swapped world, and he doesn't in that.
>>
>>48288956
>Not joining the Jihad.
Seljuk Sultanate for the win.
>>
>>48289080
*swap gender in that
>>
>>48289037
There is an Ice Queen as well but because Fionna and Cake is the Ice King's terrible fanfiction sometimes the characters start talking about how great Ice King is.
>>
>>48289037
He does, the Ice Queen is a character there. The positive opinion of the Ice King is due to him being the author.
>>
File: image.jpg (145 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145 KB, 1024x768
Has anyone stated interest in L5R?

I visualize female Samurott gijinka as Crane Clan samurai.
>>
File: 1424836782997.jpg (521 KB, 2204x2130) Image search: [Google]
1424836782997.jpg
521 KB, 2204x2130
>>48288956
WoW remove Orc, Dragon Age remove Qunari, Chronicles of Narnia remove Calormen, Elder Scrolls remove Redguard/Khajiit, Redwall remove rodent, all jumps in our past to join a real Crusade.
>>
>>48287016
I take one of the ones given, Khonsu is a cool one but mostly he helps in cooking and cleaning duties.
>>
>>48287269
Line up all the men, and punch them in the liver

Line up the women, and punch them in the kidney
>>
>>48289151
A L5R jump would be cool, but I prefer Legend of the Burning Sands.
>>
>>48289176
>take one of the ones given

Why would you like any of those pieces of shit?
>>
>>48289127
Thankyou.

Does a Door Lord have any special powers over existing doors? Can they create bigger portal doors for size-challenged companions (e.g. if Sheperd wants to take the Mako out for a spin) or would you need to combo it with Elemental Monarch for that?

Can an Elemental Monarch also remove their element (e.g. make a wall of ice vanish)?
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 578x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 578x327
Hey Jumpers, have you ever created an Alternate Reality Game?
>>
>>48288671
>So, how often you wander through the world?

By foot, I only use mostly my endless stamina to walk all over the place. I get lost on purpose just to meet new faces and get tangled in events.

>Do you travel always at feet or do you just use magic/technology to hop around the world?

Does bicycles count?

>What do you do to make people shelter you?

Food is a best way to introduce yourself, hard to resist a good roast.

>When you do this, how often you end up crossing paths with main/key characters of the setting?

I prefer background and supporting characters.
>>
>>48288956
ASOIAF is a fun one, gotta remove the iron islanders and the people of dorne.
>>
>>48289213
>>Why would you like any of those pieces of shit?

After a few jumps they eventually become lovely
>>
>>48289268
...Depends on your definition of 'game'. I have AR overlays on pretty the entirety of my facilities, totalling more area than most planetary surfaces.

Most of that is just practical stuff, but I do have AR entertainment centers there. It's mostly so the AI and non-virtual people can do stuff together.
>>
File: Fire_Of_Unknown_origin.jpg (64 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Fire_Of_Unknown_origin.jpg
64 KB, 350x350
>>48287016
Blue Oyster Cult likes my cloning perks almost as much as I do. See Attached.

We understand, we understand
We understand and so do I
We understand, we understand
But fright is real and so am I
>>
File: For chaos.gif (303 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
For chaos.gif
303 KB, 244x244
Tell me about the time you let evil succeed, the time you fell to evil. The time you ate the last cookie
>>
>>48288671
>So, how often you wander through the world?
All the friggin' time.

>Do you travel always at feet or do you just use magic/technology to hop around the world?
Whichever one I feel like, sometimes I even invent my own form of transport.

>What do you do to make people shelter you?
Depends on whether or not I want shelter at that point, there's a certain charm to camping out ya know. Otherwise, it's the usual, "I ask for a night in exchange for some payment". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I'm not bothered.

>When you do this, how often you end up crossing paths with main/key characters of the setting?
...hmm, good question this. Usually never, because if I'm travelling for the sake of it, the last thing I want is some Plot-related bullshit ruining it. Then again, there were a few times I just roll with the meetings and all kinds of Fun(tm) things happen. So I'd say, unless I'm actively avoiding everyone, then I meet the MC(s) at least 1 out of 3 other random encounters.
>>
>>48289188
Anon, you're evil incarnated.
>>
>>48289188
What about the children?
>>
What would you say is the best keikaku perk in the chain?
>>
>>48289388
>Anon, you're evil incarnated.
Those meaty bits were asking for it

>>48289415
>What about the children?
Made them eat cloth
>>
File: Hayt De Vries.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Hayt De Vries.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>48289423
Mentat from Dune, or Farseer in the Eldar jump if you don't mind cheating.
>>
>>48289433

Keikaku Master from A Certain Magical Index.
I think Worm also has a really good one based off of Coil.
Bleach has one, although I wouldn't touch that setting with a multiversal pole.
>>
>>48289268
that's a tricky one, I'm pretty sure you mean augmented reality game in which case no, however a modified Genesis spell intended to create a place not unlike the digital world from digimon is a component of the OASIS-esk MMORPG/social game I have and my Companions have been working on for several thousand years.
>>
>>48289467
>I think Worm also has a really good one based off of Coil.
Accord one is also pretty decent.
>>
File: ifappedtothis.jpg (272 KB, 1107x1024) Image search: [Google]
ifappedtothis.jpg
272 KB, 1107x1024
Could I use Dark Binding on Tyranids?
>>
>>48289499
They are more animals than sentient beings.
>>
>>48289499
No, They do not have Souls. they are Explicitly noted To cast a shadow in the warp whereas most things light up.
>>
>>48287499
Science it like a motherfucker. People in the thread don't talk about it much, but that setting is insane in terms of technology, and the Bydo just as absurd.

To put it in context, the Bydo are extra-dimensional waveform aliens created by humanity in the future as weapons and given nigh infinite amount of time to evolve and propagate, to the point that they can break through the barrier between dimensions into the past of humanity before they had the chance to create the Bydo at all.

The Force was created by somehow collapsing an at least 3 million diameter area of space, matter, and energy near Jupiter into a sphere of 6 meters.

This is a gold mine of scientific developments. Time, space, matter, energy, all of it are bent over backwards by everything here.
>>
>>48289531
The Tyranid hive mind is the only psychic presence stronger than the Emperor of Mankind.
>>
File: Archive magic.jpg (499 KB, 900x500) Image search: [Google]
Archive magic.jpg
499 KB, 900x500
So /jc/, did you buy Archive magic in Fairy Tail? If so, what do you use it for?
>>
>>48289295
I'm just saying an actually good jump-maker could've come up with better Stands than that garbage.
>>
>>48289581
however that is as a group, individual Tyranids have almost no warp presence. They aren't people , they don't have feelings.
>>
For those who missed it, Worm writefaggotry got an update. I'm on my phone right now so I can't repost it in a timely manner. Just look for my name in last thread.

Btw, pick an Intermission character: Armsmaster, Spark, both.
>>
What is the best inter planar/dimensional portal/teleport method not from D&D?
>>
>>48289610
Literally everything.
>>
>>48289611
>an actually good jump-maker could've come up with better Stands than that garbage.

didja use Drexel to make your own stands or didja just use a template?
>>
>>48289611
Funny enough, she was going to update the Jump with better stands along with a few other things.
>>48289621
The DBC or Doormaker from Worm, the Atlantean Rings from Narnia.
>>
>>48289619
Armsmaster
>>
>>48289621
Portamancy from Shadow Ops.
>>
>>48289522
Alucard bound horses.
>>48289531
Okay, thanks. Fairly certain I suppose my next question is,
>What am I up against? Is there a psychic means to crush the hivemind? Or is eradication of the Tyranid race in realspace the only means to an end?
>Can i use dark binding on Daemons/Chaos Champions/Dark Eldar without becoming corrupted myself?
>>
What are some jumps you would like to see updated or redone if the maker was willing?
>>
>>48289748
Everything mib did.
>>
>>48289748
>inb4 Fallout nerf autism
>>
>>48289127
Wait.
You can get canon companions now?

Yesssss
>>
>>48289748
Fallout
>>
>>48289733
Yeah, pretty sure you could use Dark Binding on them fine. They do have /something/ in the Warp.

>What am I up against?
Hungry psychic hyper-adapting bugs in ridiculous numbers.

>Is there a psychic means to crush the hivemind?
Not that I know of. Try being a blank and ignoring their psychic stuff?

>Or is eradication of the Tyranid race in realspace the only means to an end?
Yes.

>Can i use dark binding on Daemons/Chaos Champions/Dark Eldar without becoming corrupted myself?
Chaos Champions and Dark Eldar definitely. Daemons I'd be cautious about.
>>
>>48289748
I want mib's shit off the drive. I don't even particularly want replacements, I just want it of the drive.
>>
>>48289796
I've gotta agree with you, plenty of better jumps have been scrapped for quality, I think the only reason mib's is kept up is because he's a pretty nice guy
>>
>>48289748
Nice bait guaranteed argument.
>>
>>48289818
Not everything is bait anon.
>>
>>48289832
It is if you're posting it.
>>
>>48289832
Guaranteed argument. Just you wait it's going to be a long thread.
>>
>>48289748
Raildex, FFXI, Bleach, Ps238, Infinicon, Toriko, Aliens, fallout, and maybe Pokemon.
>>
>>48289861
That can be said over literally anything, we have a lot of autists with triggers.

>>48289854
Now this is bait.
>>
>>48289748
Thanks for ruining the thread asshole.
>>
>>48289748
Honestly Emperor's TTS Device should get out of WIP.
FFXI
Dragon Age
>>
>>48289813
People keep repeating that mib is a nice guy like its an actual valid argument. I try to steer away from accusations of favoritism but this is pretty fucking blatent.
>>
>>48289748
Monsume, it's unfair that the entire setting is now taboo just because the first guy who tried making a jump of it happened to be an asshole.
>>
>>48289941
Well, it is favoritism. We all want to replace them, but then we go and talk to mib and we just feel so bad about ourselves for doing it. Damn you, mib, and your infernal charisma!
>>
>>48289773
>>48289872

Called it.
We got a fucking Fallout 4-exclusive jump because people can't handle it, but it's still not enough.
>>
>>48289911
Not him but do you really have to bait so hard? It seems like a reasonable question and it's not like it hurts anyone.

>>48289748
Fallout, warframe, ITEHATTSD Wip.
>>
>>48289941
You Know that guy from Bleach? The guy that can insert himself into your very history making you believe he is a nice guy and your friend and all because he changed history to make it that he is such a person to you?

That's miib
>>
>>48289619

>Spoiler
I say go for both
>>
>>48289958
Im the second one, I would like the other fallouts instead of one for number 4 and an amalgam of all the others smashed together.
>>
Ignore and report. If you think they're baiting. Don't acknowledge.
>>
>>48289969
>miib

I'M NOT THE MIB YOU'RE LOOKING FOR
I'M JUST AN IRC-LURKER
>>
>>48289619
Spark
>>
>>48289948
How long have you been trying to push this? Why are you so dedicated to a crappy fanservice setting you choose to completely ignore what other people think about it?
>>
>>48289619
spark, Armsmaster is the biggest douche to ever douche
>>
>>48289621
Door lord from adventure time.
>>
>>48289748
I would love to see a new Doctor Who jump. The current one is very lacking in substance for a universe that has as much resources as Doctor Who.

Pokemon would be nice as it's dated in comparison to current jumps, but it's not bad overall.
>>
>>48289983
WHEN'S BLEACH UPDATE
>>
>>48289983
I believe you. I'm pretty sure original mib's long gone and people are just foolin' with me when i called out his favoritist treatmebt.
>>
>>48289999
That is limited to the same dimension.
>>
>>48289966
Warframe has an update coming up, the way Red's gone about it it's gonna be a bigger cp drain than all her other jumps combined. Not that thats a bad thing it just hurts muh budget.
>>
>>48289619
Armsmaster.
>>
>>48289983
Mib, then

Was the original mib a nice guy too?
>>
>>48289748

Redone:
Fallout (Nerf)
Alien (Nerf)
Code Geass
Familiar of Zero
Pokemon (Must-go-first restriction, drawback for non-sapient pokemon)
Lord of the Rings
Ravenloft
Really any of the jumps that don't offer consistent background/discount patterns the way /jc/ has evolved to employ
Mage: The Awkening (remove the caps)
Ed, Edd and Eddy (there's just a bunch of perks? no real backgrounds or discounts or anything? C'mon!)
Bleach (let me import weapons/companions/weapon-companions as zanpakuto among other things)
Any Jump that limits the number of drawbacks, rather than capping the points

Minor Adjustment:
Dune (Primarily to address the fact that the perk that lets you look backwards into the lives of your ancestors is useless post jump)
Platoon (Mostly, either condensing them so that a squad takes one companion slot, or offers a perk to let you condense them into one)

Would love to see Updates/DLC:
Venture Brothers
Warehouse & Body Mod
>>
>>48289941
I honestly don't get it. He wasn't a nice guy at all. At the start of the threads, he was one of the more aggravating and awful people around. When he finally, briefly, resurfaced, he wasn't nice so much as barely there.
>>
>>48290053
In my defense, I didn't have much to work with on backgrounds. I do agree the jump is pretty bare bones as-is, though, so updating it is on my to do list.
>>
>>48289748
Any that limit me and my potential.
>>
>>48289979
Card's already given permission for someone to make a Fallout 1 Jump.
>>
File: Church of the Children of Atom.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Church of the Children of Atom.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Jumpers why do you resist the glow of the atom? Surely there is nothing more comforting than the comfort of radiation.
>>
>>48290080
Really? Awesome.
>>
>>48290086
Killed every last one of the fuckers.
>>
>>48290053
>Mage: The Awakening (remove the caps)
Have you read the Book of Imperial Mysteries?
>>
>>48290053
>Mage: The Awkening (remove the caps)

May as well make it an endjump then if you want Archmastery - or do you mean the Arcana caps.
>>
>>48289958
The thing that always makes me laugh is that they feel like shitting on the entire Jump just because they don't like one tiny bit of it. You know that any new Fallout Jump would be the old one with the nerf removed and some new asshole's name on the front.
>>
>>48289610
Porn. Lots and lots of porn.
>>
>>48289748
I would really like to see zelda get busted up into different parts. What we have now is actually 8 different settings crammed into one jump so that it is really more of a general zelda jump than any of the actual settings.
>>
Do jutsu in Naruto count as magic?
>>
File: ebeMlMn.jpg (46 KB, 573x487) Image search: [Google]
ebeMlMn.jpg
46 KB, 573x487
>>48288671
I wander the world all the time. I do what I can to travel by foot or by bus or by the methods the world can provide, unless I'm feeling particularly bored. I'll usually retire to my Warehouse to be sheltered but if other people do shelter me? Well. Let's just say it's made worth their while in subtle ways. Illnesses leave, crops made vibrant after a good rainfall, stuff like that. Nothing too overt, just a healthy 'coincidence'.

>>48290028
Why do you think I made a bunch of different attempts to reduce the pain? 1500CP starting budget and drawback cap, each table has its own 1500 point budget, sections within those tables discounted, and an additional 300CP budget specifically for items. By that point you should really only be suffering if you're greedy as fuck. Also don't expect me to alter the starting budget on my jumps in the future, this was just a one-time thing to try and help people. Anyone who thinks this will become a trend for me is a fool of a took.
>>
>>48290146
It's a mix of spiritual and physical energy. So I don't think so.
>>
File: NWOD 0.9.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
NWOD 0.9.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Hey friends!

I added some items to finish up, and for now the jump is 0.9 until I feel like i've made enough rulings. But, its as done as it's going to get.

Now to start work on He-Man.
>>
>>48290131
And they consistently "forget" (more like deliberately pass over to shitpost about) the fact that the "cap" is Protag-level, where you can legitimately one-punch fucking Deathclaws. It's pathetic how explosive people get about it.
>>
>>48290147
It's great that you aren't making it a trend.

Now how about how other people will use it to justify doing it in their jumps in the future? Because they will, you know it, I know it, and you'll have the responsibility for allowing it to happen.
>>
>>48290156
Why would that make it not magic?
>>
File: 3.gif (89 KB, 325x245) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
89 KB, 325x245
>>48290158
>He-Man.
Myaah!
>>
>>48290175
Considering the way people are lately, the strictness of people letting jumps onto the drive nowadays, and how quickly they'll likely get eviscerated? I don't think it'll be an issue. Well. Much of an issue.Plus for this particular bit, it was literally either do this or slice the amount of perks down significantly to justify the lower base budget. Which considering that would be seen as removing content, I chose the lesser of two evils.

>>48290158
>He-Man
I welcome it. Also I'm surprised you didn't clarify in the jump why dealing with the demons of Inferno are so fucking BAD, in regards to them having a foothold, their power letting them bullshit supernatural attempts to discern the truth, etc.
>>
>>48290236
>1st Spoiler

Damned if you do, damned if you don't
>>
>>48290236
Ya know, we had a bit of confusion due to the new god-machine chronicle stuff in relation to the inferno demon whatnots.

I'll figure it out at some point. It's good enough for now.

Besides, plenty enough jumpers are terrified of the World of Darkness anywho.

It should be fine.

for now
>>
>>48290236
I mean, you could have just stuck with 1000 cp budget and lowed the price scaling to achieve the same effect, but it's your jump.
>>
>>48290198
Go home, Papyrus
>>
>>48290259
Can I "upgrade" the god-machine to windows 10?
>>
>>48290264
>>48290236
Or just given separate budgets for those tables. Or just decided to keep the jump concise instead of letting it get so bloated. Not even Dirge's longest jumps went beyond 1000 base CP.

Just saying, there's plenty of solutions and you decided to pick the riskiest, most shit storm potential filled one you could have.
>>
>>48290287
If it will crash the second edition of new world of darkness I welcome it!
>>
>>48290236
So you're saying it's okay if you do it, but if other people do it you expect them to get shat on for it?
>>
>>48290120
Actually, I'm perfectly happy with my currently-compliant build, and have no desire for anything exceeding it. BUT, I feel that caps for the sake of game mechanics is against the spirit of jumpchain. Given that I've got boosts like Valka, Thousand Master, Prana Boost, Potential, and a jillion goddamned magic circuits, I figure those things already take me beyond the caps the jump establishes anyway.
>>
>>48290288
Well dirge also gave you 600 vp via his little side missions which also gave rewards other than cp.
>>
>>48290306
In certain jumps. Others did not do that and still managed just fine.
>>
>>48290264
>>48290288
>>48290321

Way to prove my point here >>48290247 buckaroo. You're sound like the guy who bitched about the first MCU Update.
>>
>>48290321
Which jumps would thise be? All the ones I can recall guve you 1000 cp, then drawbacks, then missions, and occasionally add cp on the side in the form of points useable only in one portion of the jump.
>>
>>48290247
Pretty fucking much. At this point there's nothing I can do to get myself out of this mess I've put myself in, and I've already put in a lot of work. So I guess full steam ahead?

>>48290264
>I mean, you could have just stuck with 1000 cp budget and lowed the price scaling to achieve the same effect, but it's your jump.
And by the prior logic, that would have risked people setting a trend to make something dumb like 300CP capstones or half the perk tree being free or something along those lines. Not really anything I could have done.

>>48290288
>Or just given separate budgets for those tables.
And both customization tables have their own budgets. There's only so far until shit starts becoming free.

>Or just decided to keep the jump concise instead of letting it get so bloated.
Which then you have people complaining that there wasn't enough content put in. Funny how that works, doesn't it?

>>48290300
I'm saying I expect people to understand this isn't meant to be a repeatable occurrence and it's the best way I can manage to preserve all the content without slicing things away, or delaying everything even MORE by adding scenarios/side missions that I'm utter shit at writing, which could easily bring down the quality due to my inability to work with those mechanics. But hey, if you want me to just go back and start slashing content to make it fit, I can do that.
>>
>>48290348
Nah I cant wait for the update, full steam ahead red!
>>
>>48290348
>>48290372
Seconded. Full Steam Ahead!
>>
>>48290348
>And by the prior logic, that would have risked people setting a trend to make something dumb like 300CP capstones
I feel like stuff similar to this has already been done and that it was fine there, but I can't actually cite and example.
Nonetheless, I'd actually be pretty okay with this.
>>
>>48290348
Ffull steam ahead.
>>
>>48290381
And here the truth wills out - dude just wants cheaper shit so he can make his purchase lists bigger.
>>
>>48290348
Isn't the very nature of a CYOA is that you have to choose the things you get, you won't always get everything you want? By increasing the starting allowance you're just making it more of a grab bag of powers. As long as everything is balanced price wise in jump, then it's not a problem.
>>
>>48290071
I appreciate that you've put in some work on it, but I think there's a LOT there that could be worked with.

Origins-wise, I feel like there's a lot you could do. One line based on the ed boys, one or two lines on the other neighborhood kids, something for the more esoteric entities like Evil Tim, Plank and such.

I'm glad to hear you've got some intent to update it eventually though!
>>
>>48290194
Because physical energy is your stamina. Not magic. And spiritual energy is uses separated from magic in anime (ki vs mana)
>>
>>48290348
>Which then you have people complaining that there wasn't enough content put in. Funny how that works, doesn't it?
People don't complain about most jumps not having enough content. Why would they complain about it not having enough if you had met all the minimum numbers of perks and origins?

You choose to fill it to bursting, it's a problem that arose from your own choices and that could've been avoided if you decided to. Instead you're sayingthat only you be allowed to do this, which is painfully naive especially given how you should understand the community by now, as if it was unavoidable and the only way for the jump to be made, which is obviously untrue.

But heck, in the end, what does it matter who protests or how? I don't honestly imagine this post won't be instantly leapt on and painted as just another 'The Shitposter' post and I can't say I expect you to do much other then deny there was any other way to go about it.
>>
>>48290147
>fool of a took
That's one I haven't heard before.
>>
>>48290433
>People don't complain about most jumps not having enough content.
>Complaints this very thread about jumps being barebones
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 109

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.