[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GenCon 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
sup fa/tg/uys, anyone going?

>games you're looking to purchase
>events you are looking forward to
>where are you staying for the con after another housing clusterfuck this year
>>
>>48278943
I saw some weird ass furry booth last year. Freaked me the hell out.
>>
I'm hoping to go, but I got to see how my funds are looking.

If I do go in hoping to get the McCabe nightmare crew for Malifaux and Shadowrun Anarchy.

I also want to do some events since last time I only did a The Spoils starter deck mini tournament.
>>
>>48279433
It seems like every year I try and do more events, then bow out right beforehand.

I try to keep my event list to one per day, then spend the rest of the day roaming the dealer hall and just doing things downtown.
>>
File: 1455385335662.png (428 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1455385335662.png
428 KB, 800x800
>>48278943
Honestly how are Gen Cons normally ran?

I've been to everything from smalltown gatherings to Denver Comic Con, with a lot of stuff inbetween, but I have never been to anything dedicated to Games or TG.

What's your experiences there? Do you just go to buy things, try out shit that you're on the fence about and or looks interesting?

I might plan ahead for it next year, would probably get a hotel room (as I'm certain it won't be anywhere near where I live) but the problem I have is that I'm disabled now. Can't do Denver Comic cons, sorta can get by on yearly local conventions.

Any information is appreciated, thanks.

Also do you have to wait/stand in long ass lines to play and or purchase things? My singlefile camping days are long over.
>>
>>48279721
>Honestly how are Gen Cons normally ran?

Compared to something like a comic-con, it's heavily event driven. the dealers hall is huge but unless you have a specific RPG/board game you wanna play, there's not alot to do at the con itself.

>What's your experiences there? Do you just go to buy things, try out shit that you're on the fence about and or looks interesting?

It's a little bit of both. Indianapolis is the most accessible city I've been to for a Con and I probably only really spend half my day at the Con itself.

I got Alien: Legendary Encounters early at the Con a few years back but other than that, unless you wanna pay premium price for a new game (or one you've kickstarted) it's probably best to just buy online somewhere.

>I might plan ahead for it next year, would probably get a hotel room (as I'm certain it won't be anywhere near where I live) but the problem I have is that I'm disabled now. Can't do Denver Comic cons, sorta can get by on yearly local conventions.

Well, there are disabled and handicapped rooms available through the housing block but I couldn't tell you how reliable they are.

I've had to book out of block for 2 Cons and got lucky in the housing scramble 3 times.

>Also do you have to wait/stand in long ass lines to play and or purchase things? My singlefile camping days are long over.

No, unless you want to get into the Fantasy Flight booth, you'll be fine in the dealer hall.

The Pathfinder events and true dungeon are a little long line wise but other than that, it's not like a comic con where people are waiting for hours for a panel.
>>
>>48279928
extremely helpful post, thanks very much

I think I definitely want to do it one of these days, but it sounds like it would be best to go with someone else who's /tg/ enthusiastic.

Cheaper to buy online? Well that's true for just about anything, but surely there is hard to find things there? Or as you said, early copies.

I wait a really long time before investing in games anyways, but it sounds exciting to have something that very few do -- would certainly make for a rousing boardgame night when I got back into town.

Cheers, Anon!
>>
File: 1463783212181.jpg (31 KB, 194x325) Image search: [Google]
1463783212181.jpg
31 KB, 194x325
My first year! Ill be at the DzC tournament, and Guildball events. Also, the HoR Killteam event. I'm staying with my friends Aunt, and I really can't wait to go.
>>
>>48280243
It's more about the experience at a con than getting the upper hand and getting a game early these days.

Some games definitely have limited copies available at GenCon. I'd check out boardgamegeek's list of early release games beforehand to see if anything trips your trigger.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/207593/most-anticipated-games-gen-con-2016
>>
File: 1467852773015.jpg (556 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1467852773015.jpg
556 KB, 1920x1080
>>48278943
Super stoked for Red Veil for Infinity.
>>
Malifaux Mccabe, FFG prereleases, looking forward to Seafall and the Last Friday the 13th. They got tons of events, playing Mordheim and true dungeon and I've had fun at the film series for down time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.