[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>You and your part discover that your entire life/adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: the_truman_show_2.jpg (637 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the_truman_show_2.jpg
637 KB, 1920x1080
>You and your part discover that your entire life/adventure has been fake. Staged.
>Some higher power, possibly the gods possibly something more, has been controlling and directing it for entertainment.
>>
>>48257587
>party, not part.
>>
>Implying the party could ever find out.
>>
Are our weapons real enough to still do damage? Does the beer still get us drunk?
Good. Anarchy time!
>>
>>48257587
Making gods or some other higher beings as the ones behind it would weaken the plot twist in my opinion. It could be to easily carried on as a part of adventure and everything being gods' game is already quite common element of many fantasy setting. It would be much better if done as in your pick:
>After dozens of epic adventures and risking they're life the players finally defeat the big bad guy.
>In the back of his lair they find a mysterious door
>On the other side they find a series of strange metal and concrete corridors, with architecture like they've never seen before.
>At one point they encounter a strange man wearing weird clothes and holding some big apparatus who runs away from them in panic.
>Eventually they venture into the centre of the movie studio with producer already waiting for them.
>Then they are thought that they whole life has been a lie, they have been raised in a fake fantasy world so they would never suspect anything and all their adventures were scripted. All this to create the most ambitious and popular reality show ever created.
>Oh, and by the way this sword of yours is made out of carton.
>>
>>48257809
Meant told not thought
>>
>>48257587
I'll take 'Forgotten Realms' for 400, Alex.
>>
I resolve to put on a better show from now on.
>>
>>48257587
Then we just changed the program from Big Brother: Conan Edition to collecting material for the future documentary of The Revelation Day Massacre.
>>
>>48257587
I heard the gods even use dice when they can't decide if your party should win or lose.
>>
>>48257587
Who are we, and why are we important enough for the "gods"--or whatever they are--to spend resources putting on a Potemkin Village show for us?

Find out exactly why they're doing this / what they want from us, then screw it up for them out of jusifiable annoyance.
>>
>>48257809
Congratulations, you now have a group of probably pissed off 'killers' before you.
Real smart.
>>
>>48257587
>The world was created by higher beings to fulfill a specific purpose
You realize that this means it isn't fake, right?
>>
>>48257809
Or you could just tell them the whole campaign was a dream, it wouldn't be any less shitty.
>>
>>48257587
I'd make my next quest to punch the biggest god there in the face.
>>
>>48259707

"It was all a dream" is even fucking worse.

At least if it was a movie studio, at least some of the shit you did would still have meaning.
>>
>>48262012
I mean at least they enterteined the masses
>>
>>48257587
>the players are actually schizophrenic fragments of the Godhead's psyche
>they go on to overtake its mind and annihilate the dominate God-ego
>>
>>48257889
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.