[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any system that feels like a chopcocky movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Invincible Armor.gif (1 MB, 499x238) Image search: [Google]
Invincible Armor.gif
1 MB, 499x238
To be clear, I don;t want a game that makes me feel like an octopus fucking naking-raping self-disembowling Japanese cuntroach. I want to feel like a noble and manly man of China, or at the very least old Manchuria.
I don;t want every character to be a 90-pound waif who has super-strength for no reason and beats every problem through DETERMINATION!!1111, I want to be a badass Kung Fu master who hones skills specifically to defeat the styles of his enemies.
A World where men can make themselves unbreakable with Kung Fu, but must leave themself one weak spot where enemies can strike. A world where drunken heroes patrol the forest, mixing their wins with anti-poison pills to defend against the treacherous attacks of the killers within. A world where the greatest of masters can only be killed by a very specific series of pressure points between noon and 3 pm, and masked men commit Kung Fu treachery while quite possibly being yoru closest allies.
What game is like this?
>>
I think the standard suggestion for this sort of thing is Legends of Wulin. I think it probably gets closer than anything else to delivering the experience you're looking for. Lots of different martial arts styles, a setting with great flavor, fucking obnoxious action resolution mechanic.
>>
>>48250797
>Legends of Wulin
puppets? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D73KE-4MNfM
>>
Feng Shui.
>>
>>48251019
>Chosen as children
>Has a dueling scar
So he slipped while training at some point?
>>
>>48250562
Always remember to check your post for errors before posting.
>>
>>48256773
no, YOUR drunk
>>
>>48250562
Spycraft. You want spycraft.
>>
>>48257312
>No YOU"RE drunk
>>
Exalted?
>>
>>48251019
No.
The "Wulin" is a concept in those types of films, tv shows, and novels you are describing, sort of like a secret world alongside our own where the kungfu shit goes down.

Think Harry Potter's "Wizarding World", only instead of wands, dresses, pointy hats and shitty fake Latin you have violence, intrigue, martial arts and blood vendettas lasting decades.
>>
Hong Kong Action Theatre
It's a weird 90s RPG where you play as a movie actor with each session being a new film.
It's pretty novel, and the first edition is the only one I've played (TriStat is employed in second, the original has a custom ruleset) and it portrays the concept pretty well.

Too literal?
>>
>>48251034
Seconding Feng Shui.
>>
>>48258795
>Hong Kong Action Theatre
Keywords are complicating my google searches, can I have any links?
>>
>>48250562
Feng Shui is literally a game for that.
>>
>>48250562
>speak normally in a grand voice about honor and style
>pause awkwardly between words
>train yourself to continue moving your mouth between pauses
>now train yourself to make your vowels and consonant sounds with irregular mouth shapes
>play any system you like

Hard mode: weave your head about as you speak and make dagger eyes at people as you address them.

Legendary mode: stand up and make several unique 4-6 second windups for your die rolls, throwing them as if you were tearing out a man's heart.
>>
>>48258833
Just add "rpg" to the end of the name.

https://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=1564

It's honestly not that great, but it is pretty funny.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.