[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Robot Tabletops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Giga-Robo_Scale_Lineup.png (2 MB, 2368x1320) Image search: [Google]
Giga-Robo_Scale_Lineup.png
2 MB, 2368x1320
Are there any good ones? RPG's or board games, light or heavy. Saw a KS and got curious about the combination, but it's always better to get a game that already exists and is already good.

The closest I can think of is King of Tokyo, since that has the whole Kaiju vs Mecha thing going. And also kinda Monsterpocalypse, but despite solid mechanics that was booster based trash.
>>
>>48246194
bump
>>
>>48246194
I've run two super robot systems, one might work.

First is Giant Guardians Generations.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Giant_Guardian_Generation

Second is Mekton Zeta (and zeta plus)
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Mekton

Pick which one you like.
>>
You could always play Adeptus Evangelion, but, like the source material, that's less "Fuck yeah, robots!" and more "Welp, time to be a fuckup, but in a robot"

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Adeptus_Evangelion
>>
What if you're not OP and you really prefer Real Robot like early Gundam to Super Robot?

AE has been taken into account, and I'd like to play that. Fuck, I just want Armored Core: the RPG
>>
>>48251648
>What if you're not OP and you really prefer Real Robot like early Gundam to Super Robot?

Then enjoy your Mekton Zeta autism.

OP, go download Battle Century G. It's the sequel to GGG.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-06-02-06h05m42s864.png (470 KB, 720x542) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-06-02-06h05m42s864.png
470 KB, 720x542
>>48246194
This thread is relevant to my interests.
>>
>>48251648
I think there's an Armored Core inspired one up on 1d4chan called ChromeStrike.

Here it is: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/ChromeStrike

Also, if you ARE OP and you would like to try an extremely streamlined system, Strike! handles SRW mecha pretty good.
>>
>>48251648
Chris Perrin's MECHA might be able to hook you up.

There's also a game called Kaiju vs. Mecha that I have never actually read.
>>
>>48251648
There was a licensed votoms rpg that might be up your alley
>>
File: 1245209569590.jpg (112 KB, 1265x963) Image search: [Google]
1245209569590.jpg
112 KB, 1265x963
>>
>>48246194
>>
>>48252002
Battle Century G does kickass real robots too.
Also, yes, >>48254859 is right. Chromestrike is pretty much Armored Core with d6s
>>
There's also Mechamorphosis.

Sadly I THINK! It it uses d20 Modern as base. Although the scale difference seems like it wouldn't matter much... I think, not sure.
>>
Cartoon Action Hour has a splatbook about playing not-Transformers, but you can easily tweak it into playing not-Macross or something. There's also Mecha Aces, which had some decent settings which included "G Gundam, but no colonies and you race mechas instead of fighting in them"
>>
Add the escalation dice to D&D 4e and you have the skeleton of Super Robot Wars.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.