[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck, I have players coming this thursday for a dungeons the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: lenient DM.gif (31 KB, 664x2141) Image search: [Google]
lenient DM.gif
31 KB, 664x2141
Fuck, I have players coming this thursday for a dungeons the dragonign game and I haven't prepared anything

They are in a world where technological stuff is getting slowly destroyed worldwide due to a curse and they have just gotten an old sailing ship to load their magical car that's onto, but beyond that I have no idea what to throw them, but luckily they aren't very demanding

TL;DR: help me with bullshit excuses of adventures for my players

also requesting that pic of 100 quests that had funny shit like "bees get organized"
>>
>>48244910
> dungeons the dragoning
I have absolutely no idea how that game is played. Saw the meme. Feels like a bastard, fanmade child of D&D and WoD, but you ain't going to get help by being this vague...

faggot.
>>
>>48245362
>I'm just going to insult the system you play and be a cunt in the most passive aggressive possible way with threats of being unhelpful

>unnecessary "faggot" being thrown in
>>
File: muh random adventures.png (246 KB, 1194x2176) Image search: [Google]
muh random adventures.png
246 KB, 1194x2176
>>48244910

Prepare better next time, anon
>>
>>48245561
>unnecessary "faggot" being thrown in
This is 4chan, butthurt fag.

>I'm just going to insult the system you play and be a cunt in the most passive aggressive possible way with threats of being unhelpful
I literally cannot help if I do not know HOW. I cannot divine if the game use levels as a fucking Blood Potency.

If you use a system that is not common, you have to expect help being scarce. If you want to counter that, you give details. Something one can work with to suggest a story.

For example, if he was playing Shitfinder, he would have given the Average Party level so we know whether or not goblins make for a suitable challenge.

Furthermore,
> Fan-Made
I am playing every Saturday the fan-made TTRPG of pokemon and having a blast.

> Bastard
WoD and DnD have a LOT of differences in mechanics and a hybridization of the two is bound to use one's mechanics to portray the other. The term is correct.

> meme
I literally believed this Dungeon: The Dragoning was a memed joke. As in, the name don't sound like it takes itself seriously.
>>
>>48244910
The PCs run into an old hobo (abandoned on an island, pirate execution style) who speaks of a legendary artifact that will allow them to negate this curse thing... but it only works for a local proximity thing, so they can have their cake and eat it too. The hobo is going to try to slit their throats in their sleep, but he's totally being honest about the macguffin.

A group of gangbangers has decided to take advantage of the current chaos and tries to create a new city state out of a partially abandoned city that the PCs are looting for supplies. The local athorities sentance their crime of looking like dorks to fight in the arena against The Dragon (a Luchador who can breath fire) and his Koboldian servants (a trio of midgets who are also luchedores).

A Kraken attacks, during the confusion, they are rescued by a man in a bath robe riding a giant tortoise. He needs the PCs to aid him in his quest to rescue his girlfriend from the extraterrestrials. Turns out the aliens are pretty cool, and his girlfriend had dumped him, but bathrobe guy is a powerful wizard who must be stopped. The gf had run off with one of his power crystals, which he needs to power a gigalaser spell that can level cities.
>>
>>48245670
rolling right now

>>48245723
>this is 4chan
stopped reading there, how fucking new are you to /tg/? are you trying to fit in so badly as to think that saying faggot for no reason and out of context is cool shit?
>>
>>48245723
>I can't help you OP and its YOUR fault
this is how much of a retard you sound right now
>>
>>48245789
> are you trying to fit in so badly as to think that saying faggot for no reason and out of context is cool shit?
Yup. Fag.

> this is how much of a retard you sound right now
You go ahead and do better.
>>
>>48245779
man, all of these are pretty good, where do you get your ideas from?
>>
>>48245789
> rolling right now
>>48245830
> man, all of these are pretty good, where do you get your ideas from?
I am pretty sure those weren't meant to be taken seriously. But eh... as long as you don't force me into your game, enjoy yourselves.
>>
File: 1438970500638.jpg (102 KB, 916x690) Image search: [Google]
1438970500638.jpg
102 KB, 916x690
>>48245723
>I don't know how to help this Anon.
>Does this mean I should just ignore his thread?
>No, it means I should start shitposting like an angry 12-year-old!
>>
>>48245876
Look at OP's image. All I said was warranted.
>>
>>48245779

a kraken attacks, they are rescued by the man on the giant tortoise who speaks of the macguffin to terminate the curse and promise it in return of rescuing his girlfriend, the girlfriend was abducted by pirates who have created a city state on an abandoned beach resort. When they try to rescue the girl from the pirate leader, an ork with a really nice moustache, they get caught and sentenced to fight in the arena against "El Dragon" and his kobols, who can't fight for shit except for punches to the nuts.
>>
>>48245857
>>48245902

why the fuck did you quote that

>your system is a shit meme don't for me in it, enjoy yourselves
>keeps on shitposting
>>
>>48245970
You're stawmanning, I never said the system was shit. I said the system was obscure and that requesting help/suggestion without giving any details on it was moronic.

What I did say, however, is that if these fags literally plan a game session around that chart (and not a single interesting entry), actually rolling on it and going with whatever the roll gives, although they may end up enjoying it themselves, I am glad I will probably never meet them in real life.

>>48245944
> a kraken attacks, they are rescued
Gotta make a deal with the players that there's going to be a bit of railroading, because if they find a way to fend off the Kraken (which good players might be able to), your session's prep work is wasted.

Also, the magic car is probably ruined, or becomes another reason to adventure afterward?

Not bad though, you found a way to tie in the curse.
>>
>>48246113
>You're stawmanning,
I don't give a shit about your opinion on that and nobody fucking asked what you like or not. And for the love of God stop saying "fag" without any meaning and for no reason, it really shows how new you are, you absolute retard

>gotta make
The kraken is covered, and fot the car the car is pretty much the only highly technological thing on the world that isn't getting rusted or destroyed because of the curse, alongside the guns of the party (because these are being stored inside the car) and its an important plot device because of it
>>
>>48246225
> I don't give a shit about your opinion
Look. Fag. If you're not interested in my opinion, don't fake quote me with one I do not have. Besides, shitposting is warranted with such an Original Post.

>>48246225
> The kraken is covered, and fot the car the car is pretty much the only highly technological thing on the world that isn't getting rusted or destroyed because of the curse, alongside the guns of the party (because these are being stored inside the car) and its an important plot device because of it.
... sounds like a master-crafted story. So the car will swif or teleport to the players once they are rescued by the Giant-Tortoise riding man?
>>
>>48246375
>So the car will swif
swim*, fucking Ukrainian keyboard.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.