[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk Curses, shall we? Most of the time when you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14
File: Curse_Magic.png (54 KB, 510x390) Image search: [Google]
Curse_Magic.png
54 KB, 510x390
Let's talk Curses, shall we?

Most of the time when you see someone get cursed it's quite overt. Turning into a beast at night, hideous appearance, Endless life without eternal youth. You get the drill.

Let's hear some Curses that are more subtle, and do far more to torture the victim psychologically.
>>
Feminism.
>>
Cursed with impotence. Imagine the curse being inflict on a monarch that actually wanted to father a hire and after that the kingdom devolves into various wars of succession.
>>
>>48220709

>Every drop of wine or drink that passes your lips turns to ash in your mouth. You may have water but forsake all other beverages.
>>
Masculism
>>
>>48220829
>>48220732

Well, that seems fair then.>>48220829
>>
There's a Thing in the corner of your eye at all times.
You can't ignore it. You don't know what it is. Sometimes it moves. And it never, ever goes away.
At night, it seems to give off a dim light.
It's the ghost of a person the target did wrong in the past. One day, it will claim their soul in vengeance.
>>
The curse causes a lisp that gets stronger as people find it less annoying.
>>
>>48220709
>Your thoughts randomly appear as threads on 4chan, and you hear any replies to the thread as voices in your head.
>>
When the vicitim has a sinnful thought, a part of their body degenerates into a cyst, eventually hatching an insect.
The more severe the sin, the more and bigger the cysts.

The thought of not telling the vendor that he gave out too much change might result in a single mealworm hatching from a pimple on your cheek.
The thought of sleeping with another's wife your ears might get swollen to the point your ear canal gets blocked, until you hear a beetle scratching on your eardrum.
Upon the thought of killing a man you might have increasing trouble breathing for the next few days, until you start caughing up wasps.

Turns out the godess of jusitce doesn't fuck around. She's also not the godess of niceness or any of that gay shit.
The vicitms bettered themselves eveb after the curse wore off, but by then they still got panic attacks when discovering an insect on or close to their body.

I googled for a pic to post with this, and I much regret doing so.
>>
>>48220709
Every time the afflicted hears a certain word, it may or may not actually be what is said. Lets say, for example, the words 'Yes' and 'No.

>Can we stay the night?
>'Yes'
>There's an indeterminate chance the character MAY have heard correctly
>It might just as easily be a 'No' too

Subtle fuckery ensues.
>>
The afflicted's visionary cone is magically altered so they see everything exactly 30cm to the left of where it actually is.

>Talking to someone
>Look them in the eyes
>Actually just intently staring at a spot next to their head
>>
animals always approach the character but every cute one (as deemed by the PC) will turn away and won't be touched. Animals he doesn't like love him very much in all the wrong ways.
>>
>>48221603
If it's always 30cm you can adjust. It should vary. Otherwise nice.
>>48221573
that's a yes from me
>>48221414
You Monster. I liek it.
>>48221169
That's an old one.
>>48220810
What about soup?
>>
A curse given by the god of judgement, fairness and order: To one who has born false witness to deals or committed fraud by unequal scales or measures, his inequity shall be leveled by his own hand.

The afflicted is magically blinded to the denomination of coins, that he will always miscount his sum in the favor of another. Whether or not his actions are seen as a fool mind or as generosity, the gods do not care; he may be a paranoid miser or a kind pauper at his discretion, but he will be incapable of taking advantage of another in such a fashion ever again.
>>
>>48221603
That is crippling on an insane level. Maybe 1-2cm.
>>
>>48220709
Being unable to take up a weapon.
Being tied to a certain spot (when you try to leave you just seem to wander back instead.)
Barren fields.
Barren spouse.
Some people just seem to know that there's something messed up about you.
Cassandra curse (prophetic visions nobody believes.)
Forgetfulness
Nightmares that keep you from restful sleep.
Impaired senses that slowly get worse.
A sense of foreboding.

Almost anything that appears in Mushi-shi.
>>
>>48221603
What happens when you rest the left side of you face on the floor.
>>
File: 1418439294775.jpg (122 KB, 442x810) Image search: [Google]
1418439294775.jpg
122 KB, 442x810
>>48220709
>The BBEG discovers that the party bard she has fallen in love with already has a girlfriend
>A few girlfriends, actually
>The BBEG lets him live, but curses him with a horrid affliction
>Whenever he gets close to women, he's compelled to act boorish, insult them or harrass them
>The BBEG patiently waits for his reputation to spread, until he is so hated by all women around him that only she could still love him
>>
>>48220709
Your nails become tasty, to yourself and to various pests.

nutritional value is poor, and after repeated consumption/accelerated regrowth can lead to digestive issues.
>>
>>48221726
Except for the first line this reminds me of berserk.
>>
>>48221734
You'd be looking at the floor you fuckwit
>>
>>48221640
>>48221718
Yeah that makes more sense, the change happens randomly and between 1-15cm difference
>>
>>48221869
He means that if you shift if by a number of cm, you could see through thin enough walls by putting your head against it.
What you want to do is shift if by a number of degrees.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 739x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 739x1200
>>48221640

Soup is ok as long as it's thick enough. Broths are strictly out of the question, however.
>>
>>48221698

I like this one. "Hey, uh, Gomir, count these so I make sure I'm not screwing myself would ya? ... Yes I know how I count... but not coins no.... NO! I don't need lessons, thank you. <I shouldn't have asked the barbarian>"
>>
>>48220709
Each day that passes, the afflicted forgets a word. Could be any word, at random, and those words can't in any way be remembered again.
>>
>>48220784
And that is why people in Africa get killed for witchcraft.
>>
>>48220709

FUCK YOU
>>
File: 「Wrecking Ball」.jpg (285 KB, 1456x1127) Image search: [Google]
「Wrecking Ball」.jpg
285 KB, 1456x1127
>>48221603
>>
>>48220709
palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy, mom's spaghetti
>>
>>48220709
>the wizard is cursed with dyslexia

>the rogue gets an itchy bum whenever making a climb check

>the druid becomes allergic to pollen
>>
>>48221640
>What about soup?
It's okay as an appetizer, but hardly a main course.
>>
File: 1430361720717.jpg (99 KB, 446x446) Image search: [Google]
1430361720717.jpg
99 KB, 446x446
I cursed someone with omniscience. It went something like this.
>Gave ample warning that touching a certain legendary artifact will curse the pc until she finds a cure, if one even exists
>she goes for it
>give her a sheet of paper thats a print out of 200 premade d20 and d6 rolls
>tell her from now on when she needs to rolls said die, she instead blacks out the top available roll
>only she can see this paper, but can tell others that a good roll or bad roll is coming next
So example
>next 5 rolls are 2, 12, 8, 1, 19, in that order
>she has to decide what action she will take given the upcoming rolls
It worked out suprisingly well. Sometimes she was godlike, other times she got skrewed, usually during combat. She had a blast at first but slowly got frustrated that she wasnt rolling anymore. I told her "yeah, thats the whole point of the curse". She ended up dragging the party across an ocean to an ancient temple to break it, which she eventually did. It was pretty fun while it lasted tho.
>>
>>48223249
Tangentially related, would you recommend this mechanic? It seems like something I could use in my game.
>>
>>48221603
Why stop there?
https://vimeo.com/36824575
>>
>>48220709
A small cut appears somewhere on the body. It's incredibly sensitive and send jolts of pain through you if touched, even by cloth. It's small and may heal slowly, but the scab causes you great paid and discomfort. If you remove the scab, you can relieve the discomfort and painful jolts for a while. Over time, the tearing opens the wound more and more, leading to infection and rot. Only through exercising great restraint and resisting the allure of immediate payoff can you allow the wound to heal.

I like curses to prey on character flaws.
>>
>>48223427
>a curse that punishes picking scabs
I'd be fucking doomed.
>>
>>48221640
>What about soup?

If you're the kind of lardfucker who considers soup a beverage, you are already cursed in many, many ways in your life.
>>
>>48223249
>She had a blast at first but slowly got frustrated that she wasnt rolling anymore. I told her "yeah, thats the whole point of the curse"

The whole point of the curse was to annoy the player?
>>
>>48220709
Every day, some series of events will contrive an attempt on your life, this can vary from misunderstandings to falling objects to badly swerving cars. The chance of success of these events is low, especially when detected, but at laest one will happen every day.
>>
>>48223662
Also known as "The DM is forcing me to roll for every mundane fucking thing."

There's no better way to make the world seem like bad slapstick.
>>
>>48220732
First post best post
>>
>>48220709
Chafing manacles, and chains which are intangible, invisible and inaudible to everyone but the subject. The delicate chains become far heavier and more restricting in the presence of his betters, so that he may remember his station in society.
Victim was an escaped slave who fancied himself my equal.
>>
File: Miskatonic Mindy.png (910 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Miskatonic Mindy.png
910 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>48221414
This is fucking superb, I might even actually legitimately implement this at some point. Just post a thread (maybe on /b/ for maximum cancer) after asking for a player's inner thoughts, and just intermittently read up responses for him passing it off as just a part of the background noises
>>
>>48223632
No, that certainty is really fucking boring you moron
>>
>>48220709
i recently got a curse that makes me overly paranoid and scared, annoying, because previously i played as the most relaxed laid back guy that ever lived, and now my curse keeps clashing with my usual "let's find out how this plays out later" atitude to new persons and situations.

on one hand, i don't really care and just want to get it on with, on the other these new people might murder me in my sleep and they must be evil.
>>
>Party finds an old, tarnished silver slab with an etching of a beetle on it
>When they touch it, it crumbles to dust in their hand
>Over the course of several weeks the curse begins to progress
>The first stage is an itching sensation occasionally on the back of the head
>The second stage is a skittering noise that slowly rises and falls. It's quiet when theres no noise, but louder when there are distractions around
>The next stage is the sensation of something moving around though the victims hair
>The fourth stage is images at the very edges of sight, as if the silhouettes of insects were crawling about just around the edges of your vision, their antennae twitching about
>The final stage is a combination of all the previous stages, including the occasional bug shape skittering across your sight, as if they were running across your eyes
>>
Endless hunger, an appetite that can never be sated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrare
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Domery
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erysichthon_of_Thessaly
>>
>A curse that makes you feel as if you are just slightly hungry. That sensation of your stomach just on the verge of growling but never happening, and no matter how much you eat, you are just that tiny bit away from not being full

>A curse that makes it feel as if you have stuff inside your clothes irritating your skin, stray hairs, sharp things, rough things, whatever. No matter what clothes you wear, no matter how much you check, you will never find the source and it will always be there.

>A curse that makes it feel like you got rough sand in between your fingers and you can never get rid of it (this would be a nightmare for me)

>A curse of never ending wedgies and uncomfortable dick positioning

>A static shock curse

>A curse that makes you feel as if everyone looking at you is looking down on you or patronizing you with how they talk
>>
>>48224461
>A curse that makes you feel as if everyone looking at you is looking down on you or patronizing you with how they talk
But anon, that's not a curse, just real life
>>
File: 1367028241879.gif (842 KB, 200x156) Image search: [Google]
1367028241879.gif
842 KB, 200x156
>>48224510
>>
Your butt acts as a portal out of the elemental plane of poo, causing you to excrete 1d6 tons of poop every hour
>>
>>48224682

This, except replace butthole with pee hole.

or mouth
>>
>>48224682
Theyd become a star for people into hyperscat.

Also, it seems like every hour is a bit much. Considering the maximum amount of shot that can come out of you without rupturing something from the force you may very well not even be done shitting out the first however many tons before the hour is up.
>>
Not subtle at all, but I once used a curse that made it impossible for a victim's body to rest. All physical activity, no matter how slight, accumulated and was never recuperated. Their body just grew more and more tired, and nothing they did could in any way help. At best, doing nothing at all could postpone the inevitable.

Needless to say, it proved lethal in a relatively short while.
>>
>>48224682
Realistically speaking, would this critically affect the world or even the country? 1d6 tons per hour for the rest of this guy's (miserable and disgusting) life seems like a pretty big amount. Then again, 24 to 144 tons of shit per day sounds like something a lot of countries already produce daily anyway.
>>
>>48221534
>Physical punishment for thoughts
>Justice
Fuck off, kid.
>>
File: Thought Police.jpg (60 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Thought Police.jpg
60 KB, 500x750
>>48221534

>Thoughtcrime

Enjoy having the entire human race dying by being turned into insects and then eaten by them.
>>
>>48222594
I will use that as the chant for Str drain spells.
>>
>>48220709
>Each night, the accursed PC has realistic dreams of turning into a monster and rampaging across the land
>Each morning, they awake to a cold sweat, believing that they had done unspeakable things at night
>Someone else did, and the accursed PC must slay the beast of their dreams to end it.
>>
>Curse of Phantom Limbs
>Curse of Slight Discomfort
>Curse of Lag
>Curse of Mercy
>Curse of Guilt
>Curse of Being Haunted by a Lazy Ghost Cat
>>
>>48221781
>Her face when he starts going after cute boys
>>
>>48224682

Really subtle
>>
>>48225493
>Beast:the primordial
>>
>>48220709
Whatever equipment the player is current wielding painlessly fuses to their skin until the curse is removed.
>>
>>48220709

I remember a curse an ST had another player suffer in a Lot5R game.

Every time his character would take off his shoes, he would stub his little toe against a rock, a doorjamb, a bedpost or something else. The only way to avoid that from happening was to wear shoes.

But since it was a Lot5R game, wearing shoes inside was seen as a grave insult, so his character would have to stoically suck it up whenever we were invited to some important damiyo's castle.
>>
>>48220709
No matter how much he tries, no one will every really trust this character ever again.
>>
>>48225557
>Curse of Phantom Limbs You've Never Had

Where are my wings, Anon? Mommy told me I was her little angel before she left...
>>
File: MAG6X9023.jpg (16 KB, 253x350) Image search: [Google]
MAG6X9023.jpg
16 KB, 253x350
>>48229457
Old master abandoned you and stripped you of your power?
Despair not, for there's always another option, there's new masters that will give you the same and perhaps even more.
>>
>>48224959
I'd assume there was an actual crime at some point. Still, I suppose "harsh behavior correction" isn't exactly up justices standard operating procedures.
>>
>>48225493
Isn't that Tsukihime ?
>>
>>48223427
What if it's on a place I can't feel?
>>
>no matter where you plant your feet you get the sensation they're on a perfectly flat and level surface with the right amount of friction despite the reality
>you hear your own voice as the recipient does but half a second later
>you hear a persistent multitonal ringing in your ears that self adjusts volume to slightly override existing ambient noise levels
>your ability to subconciously respirate is gone
>roll d50 to see if you have a random spasm of a limb then roll a d4 to see which limb
>everything tastes like you drank a glass of orange juice following brushing your teeth
>you can't find a comfortable place to sit your tongue
>your skin no longer sense temperature differentials
>you now recognize that you can see your nose and always could on the inner periphery of your vision
>you now realize your body takes up on average 20% of your field of vision and always has
>>
>>48223882
If I had only one wish, it would be that the idiots who make macros would check their spelling before posting.
>>
You always feel like you're on a boat, and you never gain sea legs
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 605x806) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 605x806
>>48230205
>you have contracted the Curse of OCD
>>
File: OeZiUeT.jpg (104 KB, 742x1194) Image search: [Google]
OeZiUeT.jpg
104 KB, 742x1194
>>48230100

>>your ability to subconciously respirate is gone

fuck you, dude. also

>During full moons, the sound of wolves howling gives you the inconsolable urge to rip off your clothes, run into the woods and go around imitating a wolf or dog until sunrise
>>
>>48231494
I'm sorry. Is that not normally what people do on full moons?
>>
File: 1454168352006.png (244 KB, 482x470) Image search: [Google]
1454168352006.png
244 KB, 482x470
>>48224510
T-Thanks for reminding me
>>
>>48230253
Been dealing with it for years, anon.

>can't order food at a restaurant without finding at least one typo on the menu (there's always at least one)
>can't pay attention to commercials because I'm too distracted by the fine print
>have to bite my tongue at farmer's markets because people think the plural of WORD is WORD'S

The sign on the refrigerator at my job has red marks on it where I corrected whoever printed off the "IF ITS NOT YOURS PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT BEFORE ASKING" sign.
>>
>>48222397
>they forget the word "the"
>or even worse, the word "no"
>>
>>48220732
That's not necessarily a curse anon
And if it is, it's absolutely overt.
>>
You can see half a second into the future, but all other senses are in the present. A bit like when audio and video desync; bugs the crap out of me.
>>
>you have been cursed with good luck

Nothing bad happens to you. Everything goes your way, you win the lottery, you win anything, everything. In games, you find the rarest and strongest easily.

You are always alone because everyone around you has bad luck, they resent you. They envy you. They wish you were dead to make their lives better.

People try to kill you, but end up killing themselves, or others due to this phenomenon. But everyone knows you are the source. Scorned, hated by all. You cannot even commit suicide because you get too lucky to die. Hanging yourself the beam breaks and reveals a structural issue with the house which gets fixed
You run into traffic and the truck has a drunk driver who hits a single mother in her car instead.
You shoot yourself but the bullet is a dud and doesn't fire.

You can't die because even of old age medical advances keeps you alive. Hated, scorned, alone forever.

Breaking the curse causes everyones bad luck caused by the curse to backlash to you.
>>
Paranoia
Extra poor peripheral vision
Aphasia
Color blindness
A dull pain that is easy to ignore when occupied, but never really goes away
Ennui
>>
>>48231889
>overt
When was the last time you got a "true" raise and was it less than a dollar? Ask the same question of a female employee and compare results.
>>
The plot of Catherine
>>
>>48234357
In the same field? Same results, actually. Of course, not a lot of women in IT, and that has nothing to do with a gender gap. It has everything to do with interest.
>>
My family talks about a family curse. It's old enough that nobody knows where it started anymore, but they claim that we're all immortal, and can only die by either the hands of a family member, or by our own.

There are an obscene number of murders and suicides in our family as a result, and people get in horrible accidents regularly, that by all rights should kill them, but it doesn't. It may horribly disfigure them or leave them crippled, but I've never heard of someone dying from an accident. Eventually they are either killed by another family member, overdose on something intentionally, commit suicide, or (more popularly) , starve themselves to death when they realize how old they've actually gotten.
>>
>>48221213
Then it would never become a lisp, everyone with a lisp is annoying as fuck.
>>
File: 1467319369811.gif (304 KB, 104x152) Image search: [Google]
1467319369811.gif
304 KB, 104x152
You shall only recognize true love after it has been broken, beaten, and left beyond repair.
A curse everyone bears.
>>
>>48224461
>A curse that makes it feel as if you have stuff inside your clothes irritating your skin, stray hairs, sharp things, rough things, whatever. No matter what clothes you wear, no matter how much you check, you will never find the source and it will always be there.

.....VOW OF NUDITY TIME!
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.