[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: frank5.jpg (429 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
frank5.jpg
429 KB, 1024x768
Now with 100% more warhammer and Frank Edition.

>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
Are any of you subscribed to White Dwarf
>>
>>48215037
Not since it became utter shit, I've considered picking up a copy when they return to their old format, though 3 years of school ahead means a sub's gonna be hell on my economy.
>>
>>48215064
I havnt even read it yet, dont want to waste any money if it isnt worth it. I'm assuming theres a lot of AoS shilling
>>
Hey, Orks are a melee race!
>>
New thread new shill
https://discord.gg/FpVfNKp
>>
Posted in last thread but:

Can I stick Special Weapon squads into the Vendettas/Valkyries in a Emperor's Spear Aerial Company formation? If not then what's the point of the special rules allowing for the Low Altitude Drop?

Does the formation give my CAD units the ability to use these transports considering the FAQ banning Battle Brothers from deploying in BB transports at deployment?
>>
>>48215185
The FAQ is newer.
So same answer as last, RAW no RAI yes.
>>
>>48215185
>Can I stick Special Weapon squads into the Vendettas/Valkyries in a Emperor's Spear Aerial Company formation? If not then what's the point of the special rules allowing for the Low Altitude Drop?
>Does the formation give my CAD units the ability to use these transports considering the FAQ banning Battle Brothers from deploying in BB transports at deployment?
Yes. You can still shove units into transports if they share same faction.
>>
File: WP_20160710_16_35_29_Pro.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160710_16_35_29_Pro.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Anyone play any games today? Played 1000pts of IG vs Tau today and won.
>>
>>48208709
Snakebites use catapults or medieval type cannons for kannons and lobbas though.
What's a better snakebite theme list? I want to run ton of boys
>>
>>48215216
is this because they're not BB and don't use the allies matrix or something?
>>
File: so is the life.png (346 KB, 538x261) Image search: [Google]
so is the life.png
346 KB, 538x261
>mfw I'm poorfag so I'm slowly collecting money for basic equipment and minis and praying to have someone to play low points games
At least I can read something useful here
>>
>>48215216
Why is that riptide in two?
>>
>>48215247
They're both armies of the Imperium. So they're battle brothers.
>>
>>48215231
Had to cancel my Nurgle v. Tzeentch demon game today due to illness.

Not sure if that was appropriate, ironic or just as planned
>>
>>48215216
Meant to reply to >>48215231
>>
>>48215236
Also keep in mind snakebite=/=feral, they still have technology but just prefer the old ways. No harm in lobbing things from a distance.
And I don't care if boyz suck, I like em, they're fun, and I'll run as much as I can.
>>
>>48215274
but the FAQ states that BB cannot use transports of another squad or some shit, care to explain why they're allowed?
>>
>>48215260
Killed it turn two. Casted misfortune on it and the Guardsmen finished off the last two wounds with lasguns. And it's in pieces to show it's dead
>>
File: snakebitez.jpg (181 KB, 526x742) Image search: [Google]
snakebitez.jpg
181 KB, 526x742
>>48215236
Snakebites would use kannons, they've never shunned technology as long as it doesn't interfere with their ideology.
>>
>>48215236
Boys, grots, painboys, wierdboys.
>>
>>48215247
They are same faction, thats why they can still use it. They are not "battle brothers" with each other.
>>
File: Snakebite Battlewagon.jpg (459 KB, 966x784) Image search: [Google]
Snakebite Battlewagon.jpg
459 KB, 966x784
>>48215307
>>
>>48215303
You should read it properly then.
>>
Currently I own:

1 Razor Back

1 10 man Tac squad

1 Command Squad

1 Typhoon land speeder

1 Terminator squad (with cyclone missile launchers)

I was thinking about adding:

1 5 man tac squad with razorback

1 Rhino for the 1 man squad

2 Predators

A Librarian

A devastator or Centurian squad

My goal is a mechanized, 1500 point SM army. Most likely imperial fists.
>>
>>48215274

Read the FAQ. Battle Brothers can't deploy in each other's transports anymore.

That said, I'm pretty sure you can deploy in them from reserves, but you'd have to double check that.
>>
File: Ork2.jpg (237 KB, 960x707) Image search: [Google]
Ork2.jpg
237 KB, 960x707
>>48215330
Last one.
>>
Yo dudes, faggot magic player here, I want to start playing 40k because it's not shit like magic is.
Two questions for you guys:
>what is the best faction to play as a new player? Spess mehreens?

>are there competitive events like we have over in Magecuck: the Gimpering?

Thank you guys.
>>
>>48215363
40k is just as shit as MtG.
Go play Flames of War or CBT if you want a good wargame. Infinity is also good, but the scale is well below that of which you're after.
>>
>>48215253
I like playing small games every now and again, you can pull out terrible units like bloodcrushers and other less then top tier picks to good effect
>>
>>48215412
What about ___AoS___?
>>
>>48215363
if you think magic is bad you haven't even seen 40k
>>
>>48215436

inb4 shitstorm

You should probably wait a month to see how the new points system works after people have played with it a bit
>>
>>48215363
The games balance is so broken you can't have competitive games without it turning in to a shitshow.

>>48215436
>AoS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT
>>
>>48215363

>I want to start playing 40k because it's not shit like magic is.
Ha! Good one, balance is way off, imagine MTG but with 3 competitive decks.

>what is the best faction to play as a new player? Spess mehreens?
Pretty much, I'll put it in my 15 years out of date magic terms
Marines are very white wiener, reliable and workhoses.
Eldar are like a blue counter/mill dicks and just as appreciated
Tau run like old blue/black removal deleting enemy units entirely.

>are there competitive events like we have over in Magecuck: the Gimpering?
Not really.

>>48215436
Like MTG except you can have infinite amount of cards, no limits on repeating cards no banned cards and no hand limit, pretty much just pick up models and bash them together.
>>
>>48215363
Answer these questions and figure out which army fits what you want:

>Which army looks coolest?

>What abilities am I looking for?
(Fast, heavy weapons, survivable, etc.)

>What type of combat do I want to do?
(Shooty, stubby, or Psyker heavy, or a combination)

>What army really stand out to me overall?

Space Marines are a good choice because they can really do anything, but pick what YOU like best. That's the important part
>>
>>48215412
Really, the 40kfags at my lgs look like they ACTUALLY ENJOY their expensive ass game, which is alot more than I can say for the mageshit players. That's what I wanted to get in on, enjoyable gameplay.
>>48215441
True I have not, but see above. The 40kfags shell out 100s of dollars on their minis at a time, they talk and laugh as they send their hordes of glorified green army men to attack each other.
The magic players shell out 100s of dollars on cards, will hardly ever talk to you, and if they do, they're total asshats.
>>48215500
Thank you for the answer, good to know 40k is more casual.
>>48215528
Honestly I just like space marines, other than that the skitarii look cool, and the nurgle squad may be doable. The rest look unappealing to me on a visual level.
>>
>>48215307

I think in one of the recent publications there was mention of a Snake Bites (might be confusing them with the Venom Bites) Dread Mob or Walker force which was a surprise.

That being said their Meks aren't well regarded at times as I believe in Evil Sun Rising Grukk lives up to his moniker (face rippa) by killing one and then demanding more walkers, tanks and titans while also making a comment about the Mek he killed being no good as all they could likely bring to the table was a "bigga squig saddle".
>>
>>48215431
I want to keep this hobby as cheap as possible so I have no choice but give up some of my spare time and go to LGS and talk with local group. Buying only starter set or really small and cheap army would be the best option
>>
>>48215501
Somehow missed your post, thank you for putting it in a relatable terms for me.
>>
I want to start playing 'nids. Would getting a Star Collecting box, the Tyranid Swarm Box, and using the Genestealer Cultists from Deathwatch Overkill be a good way to go about this?
>>
>>48215088
It's not too bad, have a flick through in store if the cover interests you and buy it if you like what you see.
>>
Is there a canon planet that seems to be a giantic "kick me" sign and claim that nearly every civilization in the Galaxy has knocked over a mailbox at least once? Or at least a planet that every major faction has knocked over the local mail boxes? I'm talking about a planet with Lamenters' luck.
>>
>>48215711
Armageddon or Cadia
>>
>>48215711
Kronous from Dark Crusade?
>>
>>48215721
Can the Steel Legion back up proof that Eldar of all flavors, minus Exodites, have knocked over their mail boxes? And does Creed have to hide his mail box from Carnifexes and Riptides?
>>
>>48215765
Why didn't I think of that planet and the one from Soul Storm? Can't believe I forgot them.
>>
>>48215791
The one from soulstorm is an entire system.
>>
Asking again because I want to see what asking at the start of the thread gets response wise.
With the codex cycle slowing down and the 30 year anniversary of 40k coming up, assuming GW is planning something big what would you like to see?
>>
>>48215835
8th edition aka Age of Emperor reboot.
>>
>>48215586
Well then, if I may make a recommendation, pick up a Space Marine Captain, the Start Collecting Skitarii kit and a couple tactical squads. It'll give you a good mix of both armies for 500-750 Point games so you can get a feel for both. Play a couple games with them, see what works and what doesn't, then figure out what fulfills that role. Great choices, by the way, they're both very cool armies.
>>
>>48215804
Again I forgot.
>>
>>48215597
Your best bet IMO in terms of low-budget is to just pick up Tabletop Simulator. If you just wanna play the game, and don't care about model customization, it's your best low-cost option.
>>
>>48215835
A good CSM and Ork Codex.
>>
My tablet can't read epubs, is there a pdf of Angels of Death floating around?
>>
File: tanithfirst.jpg (214 KB, 464x1100) Image search: [Google]
tanithfirst.jpg
214 KB, 464x1100
Is there any place at all to download a PDF of the Gaunt's Ghosts Warmaster book, since it's been written and released in an extremely limited fashion and doesn't look like it'll be out on regular shelves any time soon?
>>
>>48215909
B-but I still want to have neat minis, paint them and all this shit but without spending big money ;_;
>>
>>48215987
Ebay or Chinaman.

Playing Inquisition is a good choice because you can use models from basically any Imperial faction and do assloads of customization.
>>
>>48216007
What about Tau? Star Collecting includes like 23 minis and you don't really have to buy a lot of paints - I saw on whTV that 4-5 are enough to paint fire warrior
>>
>>48216059
No fuck off Weeaboo no one wants your kind here
>>
File: image.jpg (718 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
718 KB, 3264x2448
>>48215231
Yeah, I played three Kill Team games. I run a Sentinel, a medic, 5 guardsmen, and 10ish Scions with a Tempestor Prime.

1st game got tabled hard by Mechanicum.
2nd game got tabled hard by Mechanicum.
3rd game, lost to a list of Scatbikes + an HQ on a Scatbike.

The Mechanicum guys combination of 30" range, AP 4, and those absurd cards was too much. It was a shooting gallery with his AV 11 walker basically invincible to my list.
The Scatbike game was just for the hell of it. I dont even think his list was kill team legal. But arguing for parity, rules, or fairness with a Scatbike spammer is a lesson in futility. Still entertaining, and he's a decent guy, so meh.

>my poor HQ and Medic; they had a rough day
>>
>>48215987
You could probably get a basic army ready with ~$60.

A basic HQ with two troops is enough to play the game. In most cases a dedicated transport would round you out, can easily play 500 pt games with just that.
>>
>>48216059
Not much variety, but if you like em go ahead.
>>
>>48216080
Wait, what?
>>
>>48215253
Low points is the best way to play 40k right now. After 500 points it gets increasingly stupid, as you inevitably see unbalanced units/formations/spam.
>>
>>48215987
Then stick to collecting.

Playing the game means buying and painting mandatory dull units, limitations on customisation and similar drudgery.
>>
File: image.jpg (483 KB, 1066x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
483 KB, 1066x800
>>48216133
Tau and Tau players aren't really well liked and frowned upon a lot these days. Why? Because of recent fluff, the zog off mechas, the lack of Kroot, the lack of other xenos but you need more Kroot even if they're not good, sterotypes about the player base being weebs because their faction is anime-esque for starters, the zog off mechas being cheesy and not fitting with old Tau lore, oh and a lot of false flagging just to bring forth more Tau hate. Being a Taufag will label you as a pariah where you're going to be presumed to rape someone's mother with a Riptide model.
>>
File: iyanden.jpg (287 KB, 1280x454) Image search: [Google]
iyanden.jpg
287 KB, 1280x454
So, after the recent Eldar FAQ saying that the Iyanden supplement is still legal, I decided to read it. I must say, despite Ward fucking some things up terribly (eg. "billion died" and "4/5 of the population of Iyanden died" = how many fucking Eldar are there on this craftworld?) I really like the ghost warrior fluff. However, Eldar have a terrible rep as of late, and Wraiths get the worst reception of all. If I played a list like the following, how much of a faggot would I be? I tried to make it fluffy without being a cheese fest. There's not actually very much in the way of rules in the Iyanden supplement (2 pages out of 110+ are actual rules, wtf Ward?) but I like the idea nonetheless, so I tried to stick to it.

>1000 pts Iyanden Eldar
HQ
>Shadow Council (2 Spiritseers, 1 with the Warpforge Stone) [both roll Runes of Battle for the Iyanden primaris] = 170
Elites
>5 Wraithguard = 160
>5 Wraithblades (Ghost Axe and shields) = 150
Troops
>10 Guardians (Scatter Laser Platform) = 105
>10 Guardians (Starcannon Platform) = 110
Heavy Support
>Wraithlord*** (2 flamers, Brightlance, Ghostglaive) = 145
>Wraithlord (2 flamers, Scatter Laser, Starcannon, Ghostglaive) = 160 pts

***Warlord per Iyanden rules

The idea would basically be to charge up the field as either 1 or two blobs of buffed Wraith units, and hack-n'-slash after shooting. Iyanden primaris makes Wraithfags slightly more mobile due to battle focus, btw, for those not familiar. That's basically it.
>>
>>48216133
Tau are pretty much universally despised right now due to having a very easy to use, very powerful codex. They seem to be heavily favored by GW right now, and are experiencing fotm syndrome. - every retard with the ability to spend money can effortlessly win games vs. anything but the top 4-5 lists. So the army has attracted a lot of drooling idiots.

The weeb thing is due to the army's best units being composed of robot mecha looking things.

Just dont play Tau right now. Wait for the next edition to spare yourself the shame of it. You're better than that.
>>
When running green tide, can someone explain how multi charge works?
What is sweeping advance?
>>
>>48216241
Illegal in every way.

Kinda impressive like that.
>>
>>48216285
Asking basic rule questions like these will be met with hostility. The rulebook contains an index, it's faster to just look the rules up yourself than it is to post a question like that.
>>
>>48216242
Why would the Dome of The Crystal Seers that far out on the Craftworld? I don't know if it's my opinion but that seems like a bad spot to put it.
>>
>>48216285
>When running green tide
No more
>>
>>48216315
Illegal in what way?
looks like 2 CADs and I'm pretty sure there's a formation of 3 riptides
>>
>>48216315
That army? Its legal as fuck.
>>
>>48216315
WAACfags have no laws save for winning.
>>
>>48216330
Not everyone plays in super serious no fun allowed environments anon.
>>
>>48216336
if the second blue biker's supposed to be a HQ maybe.
>>
>>48216338
Maybe he's saying it's illegal morally? And that the fact that's legal is why it's illegal?
>>
>>48215274
>Astra Militarum are Battle Brothers with Astra Militarum
No.
>>
>>48216336
>>48216338
>>48216358

It looks legal, as long as there are 2 Eldar HQ's. I only see one, but Im sure theres another in there. 2 Eldar CAD's and a Riptide Wing.
Fielding this list though.... I can't imagine how small your dick would have to be to put this list into play.
>>
>>48216274
>>48216241
Don't want to be rude but it's kinda stupid in my opinion. I just want to start with them because fire warriors look neat and tau minis seem to be easy to paint without all these faces, tiny details etc
>every retard with the ability to spend money can effortlessly win games vs. anything but the top 4-5 lists. So the army has attracted a lot of drooling idiots
As I said in other posts - I just want to have some fun with low point games and play with something that looks nice - I was thinking about Nids and SW but Tau have more minis in their box so it seems to be budget wise
>>
How many points is a Riptide base? I'm guessing 200 base, but I feel that's wrong based on all the Tau hate I see here constantly
asking is faster than dling the codex on my phone, fuckers.
>>
>>48216366
>Not everyone plays in super serious no fun allowed environments anon.

Why else would you put both you and your opponent through a half hour movement phase for that unit alone and gimp yourself with a unit that's almost permanently in difficult terrain.
>>
>>48215835
Same as other guy: Age of Emperor reboot.

Age if Sigmar has me really close to getting into WH again even though I never really played fantasy much at all. But the free rules and 4 page rulebook are awesomely tempting to me because i appreciate simple rule systems.

If they did the same thing with 40k I'd probably get back into it. Got a leman Russ and like 40 cadian shock troops with weapon teams, all unpainted, and I have a small force of painted ultramarines based on the old battle for macragge set.

As it stands, I'm never gonna get back into it with 300 page rulebooks that cost 80$ and 100 page army books that cost 40$ and all the super heavies and MCs and giant mecha robot crap. But I'd totally try it out again if they Age of Emperor'd it.
>>
>>48216456
Not if we spend 2 hours calling you a worthless lazy sack of shit.
>>
>>48216436
>I just want to have some fun with low point games
It might be fun for you but after you table your opponent turn 2 for the 6th game in a row it won't be fun for them. Enjoy not getting any games taufag.
>>
File: 1462242756473.jpg (29 KB, 625x461) Image search: [Google]
1462242756473.jpg
29 KB, 625x461
>>48216463
>He's not blessed with the gift of sleak quick hands from playing a horde army
I pity you mortal, I can move 100 orks quickly without having 1 fall over
>>
>>48216486
Tau dont HAVE to take riptide, missilesides and plasmasuits in every slot.
>>
>>48216394
>mfw
It doesn't matter if you're a bunch of Scintillan Fusiliers and Vostroyan Firstborn, you're all guardsmen and you're going fight and die like men for the Emperor.
>>
File: 1365921834628.jpg (39 KB, 649x536) Image search: [Google]
1365921834628.jpg
39 KB, 649x536
>>48216529
>>
>>48216529
Even a low points, a squad or two of fire warriors and some markerlights completely destroys any other low tier army unless they specifically tailor for it.
>>
>>48216320

Well, I mean it's right below the webway portal so it's probably a well defended area on the craftworld. On the other hand, it did get rekt completely. Then again, basically the entire craftworld got rekt in the end, so it didn't really matter.

For reference the Ghost Hall of Arienal is the place that got destroyed by a cyclonic torpedo. Every member of the House of Arienal died, including those who were lightyears away inside of Yriel's fleet, as the psychic shockwave of their relatives' deaths insta-killed them. I'm not sure if that makes any sense either, but at least the ghost hall fluff is kind of cool (areas populated only by wraiths, since it makes other Eldar crazy to go there, as so many Eldar died that the walls warped out to touch their spirit stones and created insane geometry filled with spirits).
The Dome of Crystal Seers survived the cyclonic torpedo attack and was nom'd by Tyranids iirc
>>
>>48216486
This is absurd Anon. I'm fuckin newbie with starter set - how dangerous I could be in your opinion?
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 864x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 864x960
>>48216541
Forgot my image.
>>48216436
Don't use any suits save for Crisis then.
>>
>>48215363
40K is basically MTG Modern with the entire reserved list added in. You can still make a deck for cheapish and play it but the power level differences between the decks/armies of new players, long-term players who aren't serious enough about the game to go out and buy 4 Black Lotuses, and players that only care about winning and will buy whatever is currently best regardless of the price, is nearly insurmountable. Having fun playing 40k is more about opponent selection than anything else.
>>
>>48216560
Do you trust kids with guns?

They don't know how NOT to fuck up either.
>>
>>48216541
That's my point. IG is IG: they're not Battle Brothers with themselves, they're the same damn faction.
>>
File: 20160710_174517.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160710_174517.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>48215231
Played my orks vs tyranids. 1500pts and won. Was a great game.
>>
>>48216565
>Crisis suits, not stealth suits

Fucking cheesemonger.
Why not bring three riptidewings while you're at it.
>>
>>48216560
Do you know how to roll dice? Then you can make a dangerous tau army. Fire warriors are one of the most effective basic infantry in the entire game. If you play a 500 point game vs. orks or CSM you will table him turn 4 at the latest no matter what you bring, especially if he is also a new player.
>>
>>48216597
>Those kans

That's a funky paint job anon.
>>
>>48216551
Maybe it's because I'm not an Eldar or Craftworld designer but Iyanden was asking for it with that design. The Dome of Crystal Seers should have been in the middle.
>>48216603
Bare bones Crisis Suits are cheesy?
>>
>>48216594
My mistake then.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 888x873) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 888x873
>>48216436
Make of it what you will, I was just explaining the current situation regarding Tau. If you like the models, go for it. Just be aware of what you're getting involved in. Because it's not just internet hyperbole; if you field Tau suits and formations, you will be met with derision in real life. Maybe not by every single person you encounter, but it will happen.

I saw a guy field nothing but Scatbikes and Warpsiders (and a Warlock on a boke HQ) in a 750 point game today. He was getting harassed and berated so hatd, I found myself feeling sorry for him.

Hostility so abrasive and aggressive, I was feeling sorry for a waac retard. And boy was he a retard. He lost two of his three squads of bikes to medusas in turn 1. It was hilarious.

But, as you grow your Tau army, you will likely start spamming suits. And you will find a way to justify it to yourself. And people will hate you, openly. And you will get defensive. And it will be just another example of an innocent noob getting sucked into the shitty situation that is WH40k 7th edition.

So tread lightly, and be a kind, empathic adult. If you can do this, you can break the mold and be one of the few Tau players that people like and respect. And people heap praise on non waac Tau players. Good luck to you.
>>
File: 1435228679068.png (5 KB, 205x166) Image search: [Google]
1435228679068.png
5 KB, 205x166
>Love orks for flavor and dark eldar models
>mfw I looked at their codices

Will it get better?
>>
>>48216597
Christmas Orks?
>that git with the Klaw
Nice hat there, Boss.
>>
>>48216456
I think its 165.
>>
>>48216597

Am I the only one who finds Orks adorable? They're just so silly with their little hats and stuff. The contrast with their scowling angry looks is too much.
Also I like your paint job m8

>>48216627

Probably, we'd have to compare it to Ulthwé or Biel-Tan or someone like that to know if it was a stupid design, and I don't think there are images of those craftworlds. It does say somewhere that each one is different though. Pretty sure Iyanden is the biggest (I thought it was Alaitoc before for some reason, but the supplement says it is, so...)
>>
File: 20160710_174511.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160710_174511.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>48216597
More pics.
>>
>>48216529
Yet they almost always do. Unless theyre fielding Stormsurges and dont need the missilesides. Or theyre going the formationfag route.
>>
>>48216548
>>48216565
>>48216607
>Not playing Tau Auxiliaries
That said, I've never actually tried it. I made an army list I wanted to try out but then I realized that I don't have 140 models to proxy with.
>>
File: 20160710_170916.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160710_170916.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>48216665
Cheers. Here's more. Some kustom berets for my komandos
>>
>>48216548
Not really. Firewarriors are just meh.
>>
>>48216674

>Orks vs Nids
>There are Warp Spiders in the background

w-what?
>>
>>48216565
>Crisis suits are ok
>JSJ'ing
>elites as troops

Suck a black dick and get aids. As soon as possible.
>>
>>48216663
Holy fuck, I actually had a coughing fit from that
>>
>>48216705
>He doesn't have 140 guardsmen lying around.
>>48216710
>Can destroy any vehicle in the game with EMP grenades (Pre-FAQ)
>Can reliably kill any light armor in the game
>Can slaughter 5+ armor or worse with no saves
>Massive Range
>Decent armor
>Cheap
>'Meh'

If FW are meh I'd hate to see what you consider good.
>>
>>48216665
>Ulthwé or Biel-Tan
Those Craftworlds have art? I think I've seen Biel-Tan's art before.
>Pretty sure Iyanden is the biggest (I thought it was Alaitoc before for some reason, but the supplement says it is, so...)
I think Iyanden, Alatioc, and Biel-Tan were the largest Craftworlds with Iyanden being the bigger of the three. It's been a while since I did some checking however.
>>
>>48215619
Nope
>>
File: 20160710_171123.jpg (3 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160710_171123.jpg
3 MB, 3264x1836
>>48216718
>>48216718
My mate threw some of his models on the board to take pics with mine while we took a break to eat lunch
>>
File: images.jpg (18 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
18 KB, 259x194
>>48216627
>>
>>48216658
A lack luster maybe
>>
>>48216759
Then how do I into Tyranids?
>>
>>48216710
>Fire Warriors are meh

Tau player detected.
>>
>>48215987
Hahaha good luck poor fag
>>
>>48216802
Oh, and I'm only looking to make a small army. 1500 points max.
>>
>>48216706
Saw christmas Orks comment, read "custom beards" much disappoint.
>>
File: Biel-Tan_Image.jpg (45 KB, 524x345) Image search: [Google]
Biel-Tan_Image.jpg
45 KB, 524x345
I found it. Now does anyone have Ulthwé's art? I want to find Eldrad's front porch.
>>48216775
That bad?
>>
>>48215987
Play small point games. Build a larger army over time.

Or play Infinity, Malifaux, or any number of miniature based games that are cheaper than WH40k.
>>
>>48216752
>I think I've seen Biel-Tan's art before.

Maybe. I can't remember for sure, as I've definitely seen something purporting to be that, but it might have been DeviantArt drawfagging or similar. I've had every Eldar 'dex since 3rd ed (except the Iyanden supplement, but including the old Craftworlds supplement) and I'm pretty sure they only ever show the interiors. Maybe I'm forgetting, and I guess there could be something in one of the BRBs.

>I think Iyanden, Alatioc, and Biel-Tan were the largest Craftworlds with Iyanden being the bigger of the three. It's been a while since I did some checking however.

Yeah that sounds about right.

>>48216774

>Unpainted nids ruining the photo

That's too bad. Were any of them painted? I still like the pictures though, thanks for posting something actually game-related.
>>
>>48216839
I guess green and red is associated with christmas... huh, never made that connection with my guys, but all orks are green skin and use alot of red paint jobs, so they are all kinds christmasy I guess.
>>
>>48216851

Oh, disregard my "maybe" post then. Where'd that come from?
>>
>>48216822
Loads of flyig hive tyrants, crones and mucolid spores.

If it's not a flying monstrous creature or a litteral suicide unit its trash.
>>
I'm thinking of sanding off the insignias on these Cadian Command squad banners and replacing them with my own. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm hoping to turn them into objective markers after cutting off the hands as well.
>>
>>48216893
>Maybe. I can't remember for sure, as I've definitely seen something purporting to be that, but it might have been DeviantArt drawfagging or similar. I've had every Eldar 'dex since 3rd ed (except the Iyanden supplement, but including the old Craftworlds supplement) and I'm pretty sure they only ever show the interiors. Maybe I'm forgetting, and I guess there could be something in one of the BRBs.
>Yeah that sounds about right.
>>48216918
I have no idea honestly. I got it from the wiki, but it looks official.
>>
>>48216748
>Can destroy any vehicle in the game with EMP grenades (Pre-FAQ)
Only if no one you play with can read.
>>
>>48216893
Yeah he had nothing painted, kinda annoying but a great opponent, very chill, great guy so can't complain. Yeah I noticed this general is %90 shit posting and no one actually plays. I posted about that a few weeks back and people agreed, but not a lot of people have access to good LGS and clubs. Like I can play a pickup game 7 days a week when ever I want. Not everyone can. I feel lucky. I at least play 2 games a week.
>>
Took my spacewolves out against Ravenwing bikers today.
Pretty much slaughtered my force. My twc star chewed up some landspeeders and a few bikers but after that fell it felt like the rest of my army just crumpled.

Any SW players have advice against annoying cover saves and crazy shooting with a ton of AP2 and decent overwatch on highly mobile units.

If tau are supposed to be quicker and shootier than the Ravenwing I don't even want to see them.
>>
File: a craftworld.jpg (126 KB, 900x620) Image search: [Google]
a craftworld.jpg
126 KB, 900x620
>>48216918
>>48216851

I just realized the 7E codex has a picture of one in it. D'oh! Found it flipping through the book and it turns out BoLS already scanned it.

Doesn't say which it is though. AFAIK all we know about Ulthwé is that it has a webway gate that leads to a pocket dimension which serves as a giant shipyard for the craftworld, and it works exactly like a giant hangar (ships fly into portal, warp into pocket dimension hangar, not technically inside of the craftworld but only 1 way in or out and it's on the hull)
>>
File: eldar v orks.jpg (2 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
eldar v orks.jpg
2 MB, 3920x2204
>>48215231
Photo from last week's game vs Orks. Boyz just finished trashing my wave serpent. Don't know what it is about my LGS but all photos I take there end up quite grainy.
>>
>>48216975
>Charge enemy vehicle
>Hit it with 12-6 EMP Grenades
I dunno senpai seems like a pretty sure death to me.
>>
On a scale from 1-10, what is a war biker mob?
Is 9 a decent size?
>>
>>48216983
>not a lot of people have access to good LGS and clubs

I do stop by my LGS from time to time and there are a few 40k players but there are so few that nobody actually plays there. Mostly just MTG.

I end up only playing with a small group of like 3 other friends and we just play kill team and <750 pt games. Still fairly chill all things considered. Lets us dip into two or three armies since we don't have to buy so many units.
>>
>>48216975
The rulebook only states that you can "throw" one grenade per model. The CC rules for grenades frequently reference clamping the grenades into place and the like, not throwing them.
>>
File: 20160710_155456.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160710_155456.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>48217027
Fellow ork player! What do you run.

I go war boss, pain boy, 10 bikers, 3 truk boy squads, komandos with snikrot 2 burnas, 6 kanz, battlewagon, tankbustas,
>>
File: EldarCraftworld.jpg (106 KB, 400x720) Image search: [Google]
EldarCraftworld.jpg
106 KB, 400x720
And here we have another Craftworld with a subpar design. Might be my opinion but it doesn't look solid enough.
>>48217022
I was just going to post that.
>Doesn't say which it is though. AFAIK all we know about Ulthwé is that it has a webway gate that leads to a pocket dimension which serves as a giant shipyard for the craftworld, and it works exactly like a giant hangar (ships fly into portal, warp into pocket dimension hangar, not technically inside of the craftworld but only 1 way in or out and it's on the hull
I have heard that Ulthwé is a sight for sore eyes due to Chaos attacks because they live right near the Eye. And now for a Craftworld with a decent design. No extra bits hanging from the side like Iyanden or your picture.
>>
>>48216983

Part of the problem is the same one that happens in most generals. It's an echo chamber that constantly updates faster than the game. I mean even if you play a game per day, we go through 2-3 generals in that time. And a lot of people lurk generals every day, often all day, so you get a lot of regurgitated feedback loops and shitposting.

I still like /40kg/ though, it's not the worst thread. Sometimes good things happen. I particularly like seeing how people paint their armies, even if it's a stock color scheme there are usually little variations and stuff. /wip/ is okay for that too.
>>
>>48216989
>DA v SW

I play pure ravenwing and it is one of my favorite match ups. We always have a great time bloodying up the field.

How many points and what kind of list were being played?

Mission too.

Also having enough terrain would be key otherwise your melee army are just running at my shooty army.
>>
>>48216989
unless you have IC or a way to turn overwatch off, you're going to have problems with ravenwing bikes
>>
>>48217088
Not him but I got a warboss, pain boy, weirdboy, sag big mek, mek, 40 shoota Boyz, 10 grots, 10 stormboyz, 10 lootas, 12 tankbustas, a trukk, Looted wagon, 2 battlewagons, and 3 warbuggies. How good are your warbikers?
>>
>>48216748
If they're tied down in melee firewarriors will get torn apart and sweeping advanced every time.I've had just my commander for dark angels survive the overwatch from them and once he got into combat killed a full squad with sweeping advance.
>>
File: DSC_0589.jpg (2 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0589.jpg
2 MB, 3920x2204
>>48217088
Sorry I'm the Eldar player in this photo. My friend who plays Orks usually runs: Warboss, 2 big boy mobs (one with painboy), boyz in trukk, meganobz in trukk, deffkoptas, lobbas, some grots, tank bustas in the old fw gun wagon thing.
>>
>>48217100

To be fair to the stupid elf designs, Bonesingers can basically fix anything as long as it doesn't fall off completely, and wraithbone is strong as fuck (in some fluff the Guardians just hide behind wraiths and use them as shields when the going gets tough, so craftworld walls must be pretty strong as well).

>>48217183

Are Hornets as great (ie cheesetastic) as I assume they are? Do you deepstrike them ever with the holofield thingy?
>>
>>48217147
1500 pts each, Maelstrom Mission: Contact Lost.

We had a ruin on each tile and a half tower in the middle with craters and forest scattered around so it was fair.

I bring 4 TWC and a TWLord, two 10x Grey Hunters in rhinos and two units of long fangs in drop pods. I also have a Lone Wolf and a small pack of Fenrissian Wolves.

He had two Darkshrouds, one in that crazy fucked up formation, a multimelta attack bike and landspeeder in a formation (that popped the crap out of my rhinos), a Command Squad with a Techmarine and Chaplin, another 6 black knights and some grav bikers.
>>
>>48216806
Lel. Actually I mostly think they're meh because I barely see them at all on the tabletop besides just for having a unit on the board so that they can have the rest of there army in reserves.
>>
If recently seen people critizing power klaws on ork boy squads. Why is that? Are big choppas truly better options?
>>
File: A tg Horror story.jpg (562 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
A tg Horror story.jpg
562 KB, 1200x1500
>>48217223
>To be fair to the stupid elf designs, Bonesingers can basically fix anything as long as it doesn't fall off completely, and wraithbone is strong as fuck (in some fluff the Guardians just hide behind wraiths and use them as shields when the going gets tough, so craftworld walls must be pretty strong as well).
Hopefully now that Iyanden got krumped pretty hard the Bonesingers can remodel the place so it doesn't have a "Eat at Joe's" sign on it.
>(in some fluff the Guardians just hide behind wraiths and use them as shields when the going gets tough, so craftworld walls must be pretty strong as well).
That sounds like a lot of Eldar players honestly.
>>
>>48217183
Nice eldar! Purple is not my fav color but they looks sick.

>>48217165
As for bikes I swear by them. Took down his hive tyrant. Ran up with the sqaud. 9 bikes at that point (some died), all those twinlinked shots, and then power clawed his face with the nob and boss. Works well. Also turbo boosting jink saves are nice, and feel no pain. Great unit and relatively cheap. Nobz I find are so expensive on bikes. Especially all with poweclaws, gets a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>48217254
>I bring 4 TWC and a TWLord, two 10x Grey Hunters in rhinos and two units of long fangs in drop pods. I also have a Lone Wolf and a small pack of Fenrissian Wolves.

Sounds light for 1500 points.

He has a pretty cut and dry ravenwing list but two darkshrouds at 1500 can be a bit much to deal with if you dont have tons of ways to deal with the jink.

Did the two deathstars ever meet?

I usually snag some TWC in overwatch and he smashes me pretty hard.
>>
>>48216989
Get into melee. Can't use cover if you're punching him in the face.
>>
>>48216806
Without markerlights they aren't great.

Hell, w/o markerlights tau can be meh.
>>
File: hornet.jpg (27 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
hornet.jpg
27 KB, 600x620
>>48217223
I have only played them against Orks, Deldar, and Tau. I find them to be extremely good against the latter due to instakilling crisis suits with all the str * they put out. The Skimmer Assault rule is great as it allows you to reposition after jinking and still be a threat. I have never deepstriked them when playing as corsairs because outflanking works better imo. The kinetic fields upgrade is too expensive desu.
>>
>>48217339
*str 8
>>
>>48217300
>Sounds light for 1500 points.
woops forgot my two drop dreads.
>>
File: Lufgtmodel.jpg (65 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
Lufgtmodel.jpg
65 KB, 500x425
>>48217183
Nice paintjob on the Eldar there. Bikes, a WK, and a WS vs Orks? Idk man, I hope that was a special circumstance or something. Cuz if not it's kinda a dick move. Put some aspect in there or something. Very good looking army though, well done anon.
>>
>>48217294
Leaving the nob out is the better option. MSU shoota boys with a big shoota in trukks as objective grabbers all day erryday. They're as good as dead anyway.
>>
Speaking of Craftworlds can we speak about some of the lesser Craftworlds? Dorhai for example. Barely any fluff on it but what really gets me is how they think they're the only untainted survivors of the Fall. Why? If all Eldar are psykers shouldn't they feel the taint of Chaos in things?
>>
>>48217297
>Hopefully now that Iyanden got krumped pretty hard the Bonesingers can remodel the place so it doesn't have a "Eat at Joe's" sign on it.

It's Ward-fluff so I guess it should be taken with a grain of salt, but apparently this isn't happening. The reasons being:
A) They're too busy fixing damage everywhere, and too few in number, to actually improve it much. That part isn't explicitly stated but is strongly hinted at (something like "there weren't enough bonesingers to fix the ghost halls so they just gave up and tried to fix the inhabited parts as best they could")
and
B) nobody wants to go into the ghost halls unless absolutely necessary, due to the previously-mentioned "they're fucking scary and drive you insane if you're still alive" part

So at least a big part of the craftworld is basically "Daemon World of Tzeentch: Eldar Edition"

>>48217339

Ah, that's more or less what I expected. I'd still like to try out the kinetic fields/deep strike thing some time though just for the fun of dropping behind [insert bullshit high front armor target here] and dumping some pulse laser or bright lance shots up its tail pipe. Thanks for the info though, I'll probably end up buying one. I really like the model, the price.. not so much
>>
>>48217022
Do Eldar use the warp to travel? I know they have a webway, but I thought they could go into the warp if they wanted as well.
>>
>>48217435
I still swear by sluggas. Even with 40 shots they kill max 3 models a turn, even shitty guardsmen.
Would rather trade 6" for a few less points and an extra attack that may help them if something comes near before dying because they're I2.
Orks are only good if they're fearless or got a high ld model leading them and in large numbers
>>
>>48217435
I'm sorry by "MSU" I really meant two min sized squads.
>>
>>48217411
I actually lost that game lol. I was expecting to play Tau but my opponent switched to Orks and caught me off guard. I fucked up with the WK by putting him too far forward and he got tarpitted them klawed to death. We like to use lots of terrain so the bikes didn't do too much and he easily dealt with the wave serpents.
>>
>>48216473
Why are you in this thread?
>>
>>48217553
Because autism doesn't melt steel rehn anon.
>>
File: Eldar_Craftworld_RT_Era.jpg (498 KB, 1305x873) Image search: [Google]
Eldar_Craftworld_RT_Era.jpg
498 KB, 1305x873
>>48217447
>A) They're too busy fixing damage everywhere, and too few in number, to actually improve it much. That part isn't explicitly stated but is strongly hinted at (something like "there weren't enough bonesingers to fix the ghost halls so they just gave up and tried to fix the inhabited parts as best they could")
That honestly sounds like a probelm they could fix if they put out some ads in other Craftworlds' newspapers. Just hire some foreign Bonesingers to help out.
>B) nobody wants to go into the ghost halls unless absolutely necessary, due to the previously-mentioned "they're fucking scary and drive you insane if you're still alive" part
>So at least a big part of the craftworld is basically "Daemon World of Tzeentch: Eldar Edition"
>if you're still alive
Just get the Wraiths to fix the place up.
>>
>>48217439

No idea about Dorhai, although to some degree it might make sense - that good old Eldar arrogance combined with "We haven't seen anyone in 10000 years, I bet they're having orgies. The last time I saw anyone, they were having orgies." Maybe they ran into some DEldar one time or something like that.

There are lots of examples of craftworlds not trusting each other. For example, Altansar (see below), or the way everyone else treats Saim-Hann ("goddamn savages, don't touch me plebs!")

I'm personally interested in what the hell is up with Altansar. They spent X amount of years lost in the Eye of Terror, and now they never take their helmets off and only speak in whispers. But Maugan Ra saved them, and Ulthwé helped, so they can't be totally corrupt (Phoenix Lords aren't known for fucking over the craftworld on purpose, and allowing Altansar to infiltrate Ulthwé would do that). Do they have mutations? Maybe they've just seen some shit.

>>48217459

I'm assuming yes. Warp Spider jump packs literally take them through the immaterium for a small amount of time. But they use the webway specifically to avoid it whenever possible, and when going to the Crone Worlds to harvest spirit stones send Wraithknights to do it since it's too dangerous. I can't think of a specific example of an Eldar ship willingly entering the warp.
>>
is this a good army idea or a bad one?

>Inquisitorial detachment
psyker inquisitor, cheap psykers, chimeras, servo skulls

>2-3 Start Collecting Militarum tempestus formations
Max out the command squads with plasma or volley guns, and use the respawning troop squads for suicide deep strikes. Put auger arrays on the tauroxes

>Something with blood angels death company
death company is the sauce that tastes too good to ignore, gotta get me some of that. Between the auger arrays and the servo skulls, they should be able to deep strike in just fine.

what are the ranged weapon options for death company? can they be given plasma guns?
>>
>>48217508
Yeah I keep a horde of sluggas around to blob up around a Warboss. But I recently cut him up for bits to make a new big mek model. Waaagh wasn't doing much for me anyway.

I'd say klaws are still worth it on big mobs of sluggas though. I wouldn't waste the points giving one to a nob in a mob of <20 boys.
>>
>>48217611
That's pretty much the next army I'm going to work on except replace blood angels with the start collecting skitarii.
>>
>>48217595
>Just get the Wraiths to fix the place up.

Touché.

>That honestly sounds like a probelm they could fix if they put out some ads in other Craftworlds' newspapers. Just hire some foreign Bonesingers to help out.

I wonder how common this even is. The only Eldar willing to help them recently have been Biel-Tan (vs Tyranids) and the Wraithkind Kabal (vs Orks). And I think there was a time when they helped Alaitoc out in some fluff, but I might be confusing them with Biel-Tan. But each craftworld is basically a floating nation-state, so maybe the regular folk would be all "they took our jerbs."
>>
File: 1437303910035.jpg (340 KB, 1062x840) Image search: [Google]
1437303910035.jpg
340 KB, 1062x840
>>48217599
>No idea about Dorhai, although to some degree it might make sense - that good old Eldar arrogance combined with "We haven't seen anyone in 10000 years, I bet they're having orgies. The last time I saw anyone, they were having orgies." Maybe they ran into some DEldar one time or something like that.
That was what I was thinking. Maybe they encountered too many DEldar, or haven't met too many Murder Clowns. Maybe the Murder Clowns could set them straight.
>the way everyone else treats Saim-Hann ("goddamn savages, don't touch me plebs!")
Being White Scars in Eldar flavor does have it's disadvantages.
>I'm personally interested in what the hell is up with Altansar. They spent X amount of years lost in the Eye of Terror, and now they never take their helmets off and only speak in whispers. But Maugan Ra saved them, and Ulthwé helped, so they can't be totally corrupt (Phoenix Lords aren't known for fucking over the craftworld on purpose, and allowing Altansar to infiltrate Ulthwé would do that). Do they have mutations? Maybe they've just seen some shit.
That is Ra's home Craftworld so of course he'd help them.
>Do they have mutations? Maybe they've just seen some shit.
I think it's probably a little bit of both. They've seen too much, and it shows on their skin.
>>48217751
>Touché.
If the Wraiths are going to chill in the ghost halls at least they can do is spruce the place up.
>I wonder how common this even is. The only Eldar willing to help them recently have been Biel-Tan (vs Tyranids) and the Wraithkind Kabal (vs Orks). And I think there was a time when they helped Alaitoc out in some fluff, but I might be confusing them with Biel-Tan. But each craftworld is basically a floating nation-state, so maybe the regular folk would be all "they took our jerbs."
The regular folks barely exist there. For every Eldar living in that Craftworld there's probably 10 Wraiths. Hire foreigners to make the place livable again.
>>
File: Phantom Titan.jpg (786 KB, 1024x1601) Image search: [Google]
Phantom Titan.jpg
786 KB, 1024x1601
Spiritseer-70

10 wraithblades-320

3 jetbikes-61
1 scatter laser
3 jetbikes-116
1 Shuriken cannon, Warlock with singing spear

8 swooping hawks-138
Exarch
3 vypers-150
bright lances

Wraithlord-145
Wraithblade, bright lance

1000 points

Should I tone down the wraith presence? Is this too much high toughness in a lower point game?
>>
>>48217875
You'd be better off splitting the wraithguard into two squads. 10 seems really unwieldy.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3506x1746) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3506x1746
>>48215231
I played a 3,000 points game of my renegades and heretics of vraks with demons and a single renegade knight , versus space wolves. I formed a hearty gun gun line on the back with plenty of artillery and quad motors, while the demons and knight rushed up the center of the board. had a pair of princes and fate weaver with the Daemon's shooting out psychic powers every turn. He had A couple of land raiders, a storm fang, A fire raptor, xiphon interceptor, and fellblade as his big hitters. Ended up winning the victory points, and kill points because for some reason warp storm table really favored having khorne blast his guys, also one of the princes rolled a six on the tzeentch table and D shot the fellblade turn 2 and 3.

Pic related, I had just finished painting these models for him and he wanted to try them out all at once on the board. This pic was before the absolute finished product of course but the only one I could find.
>>
>>48217183
Ahhh. Nicely painted Eldar. I don't mind really getting trashed by stronger armies when they're well painted.
>>
>>48217828
>That is Ra's home Craftworld so of course he'd help them.

That's true, but I also recall reading somewhere that Ulthwé sent a Black Guardian Strike Force to help them at some point during or immediately after the escape. Considering that they have the best seers, need their Black Guardians for killing Chaos, and have a murderboner for Chaos, it seems unlikely they'd willingly (or accidentally, given their Farseers) just waltz into a Chaos-infested craftworld. So I'm assuming it probably is this
>I think it's probably a little bit of both. They've seen too much, and it shows on their skin.
but just with less of an emphasis on mutations. Maybe they have minor ones rather than major ones. Regardless, I can't really see them being extremely corrupted.

> Maybe the Murder Clowns could set them straight.

Actually that's a good point. I thought the clowns visit every craftworld? I mean, they even show up in Commorragh, and nobody there will mess with them for fear of reprisal (usually), so it would be very odd for an entire craftworld to have banned them. They should have been like "hey guys, not everyone is evil" by now.

>If the Wraiths are going to chill in the ghost halls at least they can do is spruce the place up.

It says they "hold silent court," whatever that means, so they're probably sentient enough to do it. Maybe they don't care though ("Looks like shit, but I can barely tell. Good enough.")

>>48217875

I agree with the other guy, 5 and 5 seems better to me. You can still keep them within range of the Spiritseer.

Also, to me, that doesn't seem too bad. You brought Vypers and kept your bikes to 1-in-3. It's already fairly casual, but will still probably BTFO shit-tier lists (you really can't help that though, at this point I'm pretty sure an army consisting entirely of the worst units could kill most crappy codexes at least half the time). That said, it depends who you're fighting. Some armies might have a tough time with even 1 Wraithlord.
>>
>>48218008
>sentient

What I meant here was actually "lucid" or similar.
sage for doublepost
>>
File: can'twakeup.jpg (21 KB, 600x330) Image search: [Google]
can'twakeup.jpg
21 KB, 600x330
>>48217980
Who here does get sour when they get trashed?
I usually only shake the salt out when I start losing because of bad dice rolling.
>>
>>48216242
>eg. "billion died" and "4/5 of the population of Iyanden died" = how many fucking Eldar are there on this craftworld?

What's wrong with that?
They are CraftWORLDS.
They house tons of eldar in them and Iyanden was the largest and most populous of it's kind.
There having been few billion of them there originally isn't a big stretch.
>>
>>48216473
Age of the Imperium
As a blessed emperor-loving man of the Guard Id be okay with this.
>>
>>48218062
I do and god I hate it. I just cant do anything about it. I rather lose an fun game than get steamrolled by some deathstar.

[spoilers]I fixed the issue by starting to play with War Convocation [/spoiler]
>>
>>48218008
I figured so. It's probably they have seen too much Chaos for the elf mind to handle. I guess the clowns haven't visited yet on that next part.
>>
>>48218062
As long as your opponent isn't a complete fucking asshole then there's no reason to get too upset. I remember listening to a warmachine player getting super salty over poor dice roles and I imagine it made the game super tense and unenjoyable for his opponent.

>>48217980
Thanks man, I feel the same way. It feels good taking a heavy loss and then coming back stronger in the next game after reassessing strategy.
>>
>>48216473
I never understand why everyone around here bashes Age of Sigmar considering the enormous following it has at my FLGS, to the point where it's actually played just as or more regularly than 40k. Just about all the regulars bring their sigmar stuff and there's usually one game every time I'm there. Everyone paints their models terrifically too.
A simplified 40k would be nice, and free rules would be even better.
>>
>>48218078

GW has never given a solid number for how many there are, but a lot of the older fluff gave me the impression there were billions in total. IIRC some old RT fluff said millions, but that is clearly out of date/retconned.

My problem was partly with how many times in that book Ward says "lol everyone died" and then the very next battle it's "everyone died again." Like at one point, all of the survivors of the craftworld are in one specific part of the shit and everyone else is dead. That's around when 4/5 die. Then a few years later, they lose a shit ton again. And again after that. Not to mention the minor battles in the timeline that don't get much of a mention.

So basically it's unclear whether there are like a few thousand guys on the whole ship or a billion+. but if it's the latter then it's odd how desolate it is (parts like when Yriel is walking around give the impression that the vast majority of it is empty now).
>>
>>48218202
It isn't getting upset so much as the disappointment just creeps into your soul.
Watching an Ironclad dreadnought fail to kill two marines in two rounds of combat and dying to a melta bomb, for example.
>>
>>48217932
Fukken noice.

I'm also happy to hear SW getting their shit pushed in; my friend doesn't understand how busted Wulfen & TWC are.
>>
>>48217042
>>48217068
The rulebook clearly intends that you should only be able to use one grenade per model per turn. Otherwise it would reference the Ranged or Shooting Profile, which are actual game terms. Instead it just says "throwing", which is the fluff term for what you do with a grenade. There's half a justification for claiming Melta Bombs aren't grenades, but zero justification for claiming you can gangrape a model with mass grenades. Otherwise you could just put ten Inquisitors with Rad Grenades in a unit hidden behind a bunch of Storm Shields and remove any model with Toughness from the table on the charge with no saves allowed.
>>
>>48216658
Can't get worse.
>>
>>48217875
Seems a little much for my tastes, I'd tone it down just a bit. Not like you're going to have problems, the bike will do all the work you need. Just switch five out for some Avengers, or more Swooping Hawks.
>>
>Finally get a job
>Think to myself that I can finally have a hobby I can invest in and go have fun on game nights at local games shop
>Parents want me to help them financially due to mother getting injured at work, among other things
>This pushes my plans for getting into 40k back a bit
>Computer also showing its age and I need to upgrade it to something that isn't getting close to a decade old
>Pushes plans back for getting into 40k even further

It's like everything is out to get me to make sure I don't get into this.
>>
File: 54343421.jpg (265 KB, 1023x996) Image search: [Google]
54343421.jpg
265 KB, 1023x996
>>48215945
>>48215945

Anybody?
>>
>>48218337
I think the reason most people thought you could have the whole squad launch melta bombs is because, well, why wouldn't you do that? In this world where apparently everyone has an unlimited supply of heavy ordinance, I sure as hell wouldn't hesitate to order 9 other guys to throw space-sticky bombs at the space-tiger II.

Of course, the reason behind the "one bomb per turn" Idea is that in combat you generally only use some of your ordinance at a time just in case you need that extra punch later in the battle. It's just a mechanic that doesn't translate will onto the tabletop because most of us would go nuts trying to track who in each squad has used up their krak grenades.
>>
>>48218391
Sometimes events conspire to help you, Anon.
>>
>>48218118
>>48218204
>I never understand why everyone around here bashes Age of Sigmar

have you seen the lore for AoS? Id drop the hobby if they sigmared 40k
>>
>>48218391
I bet Tzeentch did this
>>
>>48218405
Dear Emperor that fashion sense.
>>
>>48218204
>my flgs is full of retards that love AoS
>I don't understand how the rest of the world isn't just like us

If nothing else, Age of Sigmar has served to single out the greatest retards among us.
>>
>>48218391
Life is trying to stop you from throwing your money away on plastic meth. Life is a good friend. Shun Life and join us on the seedy side of hobbytown.
>>
>>48218497

People having fun playing a game are smarter than people complaining about others' hobbies on the internet.
>>
>>48217183
What color are your gems?
>>
>>48218497

>If you like X [game, army, etc] you are a retard and I hate you

Please stop, this thread was actually going well for once.
>>
>>48218464
I don't want help. I want to paint miniatures and roll dice and make war.
>>48218504
I agree. Wholeheartedly.
This life business is getting out of hand.
>>48218486
Something otherworldly is certainly at work here.
>>
>>48218540
I'd rather be stupid and not retarded than smart and retarded.
>>
>>48218482
Well, Vulkan did just show up on some Ork infested planet, murdering them by the thousands with some relic melee weapon. He then get's picked up by the Imperium and rejoins them to lead the fight against the Ork deathstar that teleported itself into Terra's orbit.

And the Mechanicum is allegedly close to the tech they need to teleport Mars across the galaxy.

So Age of Sigmar'ing the 40k lore is approaching a WHFB 'End Times' type scenario. Will they turn it upside down like WHFB? Doubt it, but Vulkan returning in the manner he did seems like Salamanders fan-fiction level stuff. And teleporting Mars away is Orruk level stupid.
>>
>>48218554
They're blue. You can see them on the wave serpent pic further up.
>>
>>48218391
Fate is stopping you from sinking money into an expensive, poorly designed game, so it's doing you a favor really.
>>
>>48218643
>the beast novels

thats not current 40k lore anon

also i doubt anyone on tg considers them cannon
>>
>>48218540
I didn't complain about anyone enjoying their hobby. I pointed out how retarded it is to be confused at the fact that everyone isn't like the guys at your flgs.
And how Age of Sigmar fans consistently demonstrate themselves to be idiots.
>>
>>48218695
In all seriousness, even if I don't get into 40k, I'd still like to get into -something- that goes on during the game nights at the local game shop.
Anything, really.
>>
>>48218732
Try DnD if they have it, don't have to pay a dime if the DM has some bare essentials.
>>
>>48218202
it is pretty unenjoyable for your opponent to roll like crap, because i know how frustrating it is and i start rooting for them while i'm rolling right over them. which isn't fun for me because easy games aren't fun
>>
>>48218732
IDK mang, I'd get into anything not produced by Games Workshop.
It's too late for me, but you can still save yourself.
>>
>>48218701
Black Library, Games Workshop, and Forgeworld are all official sources of lore.
I'm with you, and will disregard it as much as possible. That doesn't mean it's not canon though.
>>
>>48218732
d&d like the other guy said. you can get into magic and play mono red in standard if you have like $100 at most, and little bit of cash to make your deck rotate when the formats change. ask if they play anything else, i guarantee they do but it might not be advertised up front in the store window
>>
>>48218732
My LGS has casual MTG nights, so do that if you can. Assuming your LGS isn't 100% autists, you can spend a little bit of money, show up and just have some fun.
X-Wing is also a very good ( and cheap) game, and it is insanely popular (just as much as, if not more than 40k).
>>
>>48218732
Find out what games people play. Assuming you can spare $50-150, you could get started with pretty much any game. Even just grabbing a Start Collecting set for 40k would enable you to start playing Killteam, and you could always do 2v1 to get into larger games.
>>
>>48218767
except they all clash with each other as far as cannon goes
>>
In terms of fun and consistency how are CSM, Khorne Daemonkin and Daemons?

I have a bit of all of them ready but I'm getting to the point where my units don't overlap as much. Casual sub-750 pts by the way.
>>
>>48218750
>>48218774
They have boardgame and wargame stuff on thursdays and fridays has stuff like dnd, iirc.
As for whats on sale they have lots of stuff. Shadowrun, X-Wing, lots of other stuff.
>>48218829
The guy that runs the place mentioned that X-wing is -very- popular right now.

Iunno about cards, that never really interested me. Also brings back memories of me just hoarding Pokemon cards in elementary school and -never- playing the game.

>>48218967
I was gonna check it out on whatever free night I can get from work, but it looks like they have a lot of stuff going on.
>>
>>48218732
Play Magic drafts. Get pretty good at it and you can start earning a profit (in store credit). Sell your rares for cash and in six months or a year, cash everything in for tiny plastic dolls.
>>
Okay I think thread needs more batreps. I'm anon who posted IG vsTau game at the beginning of the thread anyone wanna hear how it turned out? Got a few more pics from it too.
>>
>>48218643
>So Age of Sigmar'ing the 40k lore is approaching a WHFB 'End Times' type scenario.

The Beast Arises is set in M32~. We know how it ends because the setting is currently in M41.

The Beast Arises is not the End Times.
>>
>>48219035
Most fun: KDK, CD, CSM
Most powerful: CD, KDK, _____________CSM
Most "I hate my existance": CSM
>>
>>48219661
Holy shit its set in M32? Thank god.
>>
>>48215231
How the hell did that happen? There's a Ghostkeel AND a riptide in there.
>>
>>48219790
Anon from pic here.Riptide doesn't do shit to armor 14 and I rolled and got no gets hots turn 1 with the Executioner and he brought him down to having only 2 wounds remaining. So next turn casted Misfortune on it with my pysker and two lasgun shots finished him off. Ghostkheel got charged and killed by Guardsmen with some really lucky rolls.
>>
File: 1452496779448.gif (4 MB, 317x174) Image search: [Google]
1452496779448.gif
4 MB, 317x174
>>48216241
>>Meme Pants
>>Taudar
>>
>>48215606
To put it in further terms: Those three armies are playing super competative versions of the decks he mentioned. Every other army is playing either an EDH or pauper singleton deck, and trying to compete with those "decks". 40k's balance is horrible.
>>
>>48219790
They also ran the formation that meant they hit rear armor. They just goofed and went for my Guardsmen instead half the game until they started focusing on my tanks. They only got one tank down to one hull point. The rest were undamaged.
>>
File: 1435085972718.gif (3 MB, 684x340) Image search: [Google]
1435085972718.gif
3 MB, 684x340
>>48219993
I haven't played against tau this edition. Do people not use hammerhead and broadside railguns anymore? I recall hammerheads and broadsides basically being a general rule of why tau did not give fucks about your vehicles in 5th.
>>
>>48216627
They kind of are, yeah. Bare bones crisis suits are slightly better assault marines (Albiet with pisspoor WS and I, but WS is mostly irrelevant) for about the same price.
>>
>>48220118
My opponent is a cheeselord. He runs all battlesuits. No vehicles. Except flyers.
>>
>>48220118
Also I had my tanks equipped with camo with guardsmen used basically as mobile cover to improve the leman Russ cover saves so barely any shooting could have gotten through anyways.
>>
>>48219773
How much of a retarded newfag are you? I swear to fucking any god that hears this has to be the most retarded shit I ever seen in this board yet.

Not knowing who the Beast is and not fucking bothering to look what the heck the BEAST series is about before complaining about it.
>>
File: Vostroyan_Firstborn_vs._Tau.jpg (289 KB, 1372x637) Image search: [Google]
Vostroyan_Firstborn_vs._Tau.jpg
289 KB, 1372x637
>>48220161
You gon fight like a bitch, you gon die like a bitch.

>>48220158
As far as I can tell, the advantage tau have in pricing is that they're efficient. Who needs to pay points for WS and I on a fast moving, tough, shooting unit?
>>
>>48219699
sidenote: if you play KDK, avoid as many CSM units as possible. The only things you'll want to field are an optional lord, the tax units you have to take (Possessed, Cultists), and then the minimum bikes in your Gorepacks.
>>
>>48217611
>what are the ranged weapon options for death company? can they be given plasma guns?
anyone?
>>
>>48220230
You say that but Leman Russ stronk sir. Executioner tears through battlesuits and so do the regular battle tank. Especially when you have mooks to give you cover.
>>
>>48220261
You mean plasma pistols?
>>
>>48220261
They can swap their CCW's for Bolters, if for some reason you don't want an extra attack on your expensive melee unit, and IIRC can take a few Plasma Pistols and Flamers.
>>
>>48220118
Hammerhead has somewhat fallen out of favour due to it being single shot and they nerved the broadsides by having their gun become a heavy rail rifle (S8) so most play the new and retarded looking High yield missile pod (36' S7 ap4 4shots)

yeah tau do struggle against AV14.
he could have used the riptide to charge the russes in melee but hardly a tau player even thinks of that.
>>
>>48220287
>>48220301
>there will never be a relentless jump unit with weapon options that are actually good
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.