[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #944: The Gods Are Watching Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Jumpchain Body Mod.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain Body Mod.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48183857
>>
I'm reading about those Decans last thread, and man, whoever made them really hates Gemini. The only ones with a good description are the last 2 days because they bleed into Cancer.
>>
>>48191210
Godbound jump when?
>>
>>48191222
YOU FOOL. Now butthurt Gemini anon will post 50 times about it.
>>
1. Can the mother box you get in the DC jump interface with technology like they normally can or is it just a computer/first aid kit?
2. If yes and granted Font of Knowledge from Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei Part1 via sacrificial bestowment could they function as an Xtreme memory?
3. a companion with Sting and a companion with Reverse engineering shards from worm are probably having a kid soon would Any of the following be appropriate for a second generation trigger?

>> 1.an inverted/defensive version of sting in which their own molecules are folded inwardly through infinite dimensions 2.knowledge of mechanical parts principles and applications,along with an internal CAD like thought process but not the design or construction of these parts i.e. Think master builder vision from the Lego movie, or jury rig from Ben 10 3. a version of Sting That doesn't work on objects but rather the person themselves And does not work downward,includes absolute kinesthetic sense and control 4. the Psychological equivalent of reverse engineering allowing them to glean information about a person by looking at them and say exactly what Is necessary to manipulate the other person into doing what they want as well as make the other person think what they want.
>>
>>48191239
I am butthurt Gemini anon though. I just wanted to remark on these Decans since it's interesting. Also I can't figure out the second link very well since it doesn't list dates, just suites.
>>
>>48191210
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck0Og8QnWbM
>>
What would you say is the most efficient magic system, in terms of mana expenditure?
>>
>>48191349
Tales of Vesperia, no internal energy has to be utilized. As for external energy they found their grand unified theory of magic, so efficiency is pretty simple, and some of the system actually seems to somehow function with a net gain.
>>
>>48191371
Doesn't their magic slowly drain and kill the world, though?
>>
>>48191349
Skyrim maybe? With the right gear you stop using magicka.
>>
>>48191378
Drain? no, excessive aer levels damage things, in ways that can actually be fixed, but there is nothing about it actually killing the world through draining it.
>>
>>48191391
I just remember them going out of their way to destroy and stop using magic at the end of the story for fear of it draining the world.
>>
File: 1453417451540.jpg (835 KB, 986x1000) Image search: [Google]
1453417451540.jpg
835 KB, 986x1000
>>48191371
>No internal energy has to be utilized.
>MFW internal energy has to be taken from outside sources anyway, and while possibly not as efficent you can calculate how much energy you have expended.
>MFW anon is ushering an age of darkness through entropy
I know a Londorite when I see one
>>
>>48191349
>>48191382
Magic users in Dragon's Crown can generate mana by casting low level spells. There's a perk for it in the jump too.
>>
>>48190910
Sorry, the archive happened before I got back to give you my reply and it also ate your question... weird.
As for the question.
>Psywotnow?

Pysren is a great was a great shonen that while canceled early managed to keep it such that you could clearly tell that while the ending was rushed it was clearly the intended ending sped up some. Ran 146 chapters total. Also the framing device would make things quite interesting as you're either getting your plans messed up by random calls to Psyren, which also gives jumpers a look at what lies in store for the worlds they abandon post Spark.

Psyren has three forms of psychic power Rise, Trance, and Burst.

Trance at its most basic form, it is the ability to manipulate the minds of others. So far, it has been used to read minds, 'dive' into memories and force the target to see illusions.

Rise is used to manipulate any of the user's psysical stats'. Rise powers can be further subdivided into three types: Sense, Strength and Healing

In summation, Burst is the ability to manipulate the world around one's own self. In essence, a person is able to channel and manipulate energy or matter in the surrounding environment. Burst has a number of forms it can take, ranging from the ability to move objects with only your mind, the power to command fire or lightning or even the ability to manifest as solid objects. Powerful Burst users are capable of unleashing absolute devastation, destroying or altering the world around them at their will.As if to counteract this, Burst puts a tremendous strain on the user, proportional to the power of their ability. In addition, breaking or even damaging the Burst, can lead to a breakdown of the mind or body or both.

It seems the Merhant and some others were putting one together a long while ago.
>>36563538
>>36563763
>>36573391
>>36574142
>>
File: Disney.pirate.fairy.12082921122.jpg (535 KB, 1077x1600) Image search: [Google]
Disney.pirate.fairy.12082921122.jpg
535 KB, 1077x1600
>>48191065
>>48191043
>>48191041
Neverland is split into 4 parts, each for a season. Each season has their own faeries which do jobs related to that season (spring and summer do stuff related to glowers and such, winter and fall do stuff with ice and cold and such) and each has their own group of faeries. There are problems because the faeries are adjusted to their part of the island, winter faeries cant go to summer or vice versa because the heat or cold will destroy their wings within a relatively short time and they cant take the temperature.

Pixie dust comes from a pixie dust tree but in the pirate faerie we find out that if you take multiplying pixie dust(blue dust which multiplies regular yellow dust that makes stuff fly by a factor of something like ×5000) and add some chemicals you can make different colored dist. Some makes plants grow super fast some lets you bend light, some lets you control animals. Theres lots of uses.

Then there is a thing called the nether beast which is basically a demonic looking buffalo beast who alpears every couple hundred years and builds rock towers with spit and boulders so it can capture magic lightning and keep neverland from imploding.

There are a lot of movies.
>>
>>48191466
You seem to know a lot about them. You'd probably be the only one qualified to make it a jump.
>>
>>48191296
Shards aren't genetic and they require mental trauma to kickstart. Granted as your companion that may be no problem though.
>>
>>48191466
Any good waifu material?
>>
>>48191402
No it's the reverse strange as it sounds. Blastia, and all of the magic in setting not used by Entelexeia cause more aer to be created than is used in the magic. Entelexeia feed on aer, and if they get too much they go crazy and transform into an Adephagos, Adephagos are not sapient, and possibly not even sentient. Adephagos just eat things, wreck shit, get bigger, and make more Adephagos. Aer on the other hand after reaching certain concentrations is poisonous, and physically damaging to some things. Because of overuse of magic in the past there are traces of physical damage to the world, and a massive Adephagos that seems to encircle the world that is being kept out with a barrier. These things are solved, the damage is done and the Adephagos neutralized, however it takes the sacrifice of all blastia, leaving only one human able to preform magic, a couple of Entelexia, and a vast number of spirits that were made from the Adephagos, Entelexeia and blastia. Theoretically at this point it's now perfectly safe to use as much magic as one wishes, due to the spirits existing as an aer to mana conversion system that turns poisonous amounts of aer into harmless or beneficial mana.
>>
File: Disney_Fairies_8_Girls.jpg (111 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Disney_Fairies_8_Girls.jpg
111 KB, 960x960
>>48191500
I like the one in the red on the left. Her name is rosetta and she makes flowers grow. She also has a deep southern bell accent.
>>
>>48191517
>damage is undone
Fixed, in that I meant the existing damage to the world was undone by the end of the game.
>>
>>48191500
is lots a good answer? Cause I'm pretty sure the answer is lots.
>>
>>48191517
It's coming back to me a bit, doesn't Rita start working on magic and magitech that uses mana as fuel towards the end of the story?

Still, from what you're saying, Aer-based magic is going to fuck up any world you're using it in eventually, if you stick around for long enough, unless you start creating your own spirits to handle the conversion.
>>
>>48191536
far right is a pirate alchemist
>>
>>48191536
I do not like this art style
>>
>>48191490
they're not genetic but shards do splinter off onto descendents of /those close to those with active Sards second-generation triggers also happen easier than first. or how do you explain glory girl and Regent?
>>
>>48191585
I don't think they get as big of a budget as Brave, Tangled or Frozen. All things considered I think they did a good job on the cg. Would I like the art to be different, maybe, but then there is plenty of fan art out there to feed your desire for different, arguably better style. It's not like I'm paying for these movies, if they hadn't come on netflix I never would have watched them.
>>
>>48191567
Well Rita does work on mana fulled magic before the end, and the end credits show some stuff that shows her with new tech that I can only assume is magitech, but nothing about it is clarified.
The conversion is technically possible without a spirit, it was a reaction between Rita's formula for aer to mana conversion with the remaining formula within the Apatheia that revives the Entelexeia it once was as a spirit. You could just make and stick a conversion blastia on any other blastia you make, or work it into any spells you cast if you combine the magic with that of another system with conjoined conjures. That said the jump doesn't make it very easy to produce more blastia, as you would either need one of the captstones or a 200 point item to make any blastia cores, though the item itself is more a way into a system that may not need cores.
>>
>>48191466
>>48191536
This looks like it could be a fun jump, but I'll be scratching my head if we get one before we get any kind of Peter Pan jump.
>>
>>48191318
Figured it out now, I believe.

My Decan seems to have a shit ton to do with elephants and horses. And trees. Some minor horse demons and the Whore of Babylon and the Baphomet itself too, apparently. Guiding star is Sirius, and Arcana seems to be the Moon (which is funny since I hit that one on an arcana quiz for my Persona. Also the Moon Arcana a shit.)

Also the way Crowley keeps conflating Isis with the Whore of Babylon and the Baphomet makes me want to reeee. Her character doesn't fit that concept at all, she was only ever depicted as a faithful wife and mother. I can only assume he's associating them via the Greeks who liked to stitch love goddesses at the hip, and who were aware of both Isis and Ishtar, who the figure is actually based on and who has a personality more suited to be the physical lover of all he exalts the figure as.

I wonder if there are any settings out there that could be made into jumps where this kind of information would actually be relevant to the metaphysics/magic. There must be something out there that gets this hard into Goetic symbology, but the real question is if it's any good.
>>
>>48191831
Mage: The Ascension can get into it depending on what Tradition you are playing.
>>
>>48191831
GURPS: Cabal.
>>
>>48191847
That's interesting. What tradition focuses on the Goetia/Tarot/Astrology like this? Do the sourcebooks go into detail as far as the symbology/effects of it?
>>
>>48191858
Thanks, I'll also look into this one.
>>
>>48191605
Post-Jump your shard is integrated into your other powers, like the rings from Green Lantern. No shard rules apply.
>>
File: OI.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
OI.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
>>48191831
Well, technically Mage the Awakening has a type of summons-the Ars Goetia-which are fluffed as actualisations of personal sins (kind of like if in Persona, you summoned Shadows). It's ultimately more about introspection and self-mastery over desire than symbology, though.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Goetia

I guess SMT kinda toys with the concept but...well, it's SMT. Pagan deities-especially Shinto ones-keep getting wanked hard, and I'm not sure how you'd use that knowledge there.

If Unknown Armies ever gets made into a ump though, it could be useful in trying to maneuver around/understand the "mechanics" "powering" an Invisible Clergy member.
>>
>>48191573
Red-headed pirate alchemist fairy wearing what could be called corset?

Why yes, yes I would like to subscribe to your catalogue and or newsletter and I am interested in a demonstration of your products.
>>
>>48191861
It has been far too long ago for me to remember what is in which book, but the Order of Hermes and Solificati are your best bets.
>>
>>48191938
>>48191923
Thanks. Doesn't seem like they'd go into specifics though, sadly.
>>
File: seriously.png (85 KB, 407x222) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85 KB, 407x222
>>48191913

>>"It's up to you on how powers budding off works in your jumpchain. Whether they do, or don't, or there are limits to it. You don't personally control this, but you can fanwank whatever you want. Your Jumpchain, not mine. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Worm, people close and somehow important to a parahuman will have what is known as a Second-Gen Trigger. Unlike First-Generation triggers these only require very little stress, and result in powers that are similar if different to the original parahuman. A single Third generation trigger was confirmed in canon, happening to a five year old."
: Worm Jump By Worm_Anon page 29
>>
>>48191783
pretty sure that it is supposed to take place before peter pan(or in an alternate timeline where pan never goes to neverland) seeing as the series starts with Tink's birth/creation/incarnation whatever you want to call how fairies in this come into existence.
>>
Hey, for anyone who's jumped Skies of Arcadia, what uses have you found for the Black Moon Crystal?
>>
File: cat.jpg (60 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
60 KB, 500x500
>Antimatter Meteor in LoT
>a sand grain-sized speck of antimatter hyped this much
I managed to get through most of that without getting triggered but you just had to go there, didn't you?

I know that in fantasyland one teaspoon of antimatter could blow up the whole fucking Earth but in reality it doesn't work that way. If we assume that the mass of this sand grain to be 0.005 grams then the amount of energy created by that amount of antimatter annihilating an equal amount of matter will be in the ballpark of 900 gigajoules. This is about 0.2 kilotons of TNT equivalent or around 75 times weaker than the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima. An impressive output of energy, but a cataclysmic explosion visible from space?

You would need 230,000 times that amount to match the most powerful nuclear bomb we've ever exploded.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d8)

>>48186383
>>48186404
117 Asura's Wrath
Suffering: The Coming of a New Dawn
Demigod -100, Max Mantra Level 8
Age 410
Mantra Generation, Imposing Declaration of Title, Mantra Association(Lust), Mantra Training(Mantra Forms[Tantra Ota, Reverberating Tantra Ota, Mantra Ota])-100, Cyborg Hindu Godbody -200, Demigod Atelier -400, Guide of Naraka -100, A Tangled Web Weaved -200, Beauty Soothed the Savage Bea- Demigod -200,
Mantra Transmitter -50, Resplendent Wardrobe, Mantra Capacitors -100, Mantra Reactor -200, Impurity/Divinity Sensor -50, Divine Weapon(Wailing Dark)-300
You Made Her Cry! +1000, Outlandish Empathy +0,
Looks like I have nearly 10 years of running to do. It was totally an accident, I didn't mean to bring a tear to her eye. I would have gotten her some new icecream, all she wanted but hers had hit the ground when I bumped into her immediately upon arrival, Asura showed up before I could offer replacement and que up yackity sax because I'm running like hell(I did manage to place a bowl of strawberry sundae into her hands right before I scarpered though, so hopefully she'll catch up to him and get him to stop before my 10 years here are up). I do have shadowclones acquiring examples of mantra tech and bringing it to me so that I can get it scanned into my ACU.
Continue
1 Skyrim
2 X-COM
3 True Lies
4 Gunnerkrigg Court
5 Fairy Tail
6 Killing Bites
7 Generic Medical Drama
8 Commorragh
>>
>>48192119
Generic Medical Drama, I'll need a new 7
>>
>>48192119
Super Smash Bros.
>>
>>48192136
queued
>>
>>48192090
Oh, I wasn't saying it should not be made, quite the opposite. It is just a matter of popularity and name recognition, I'd be mildly surprised if we got a Disney Fairies jump before a Peter Pan one, that's all.
>>
>>48192112
Protip: Lots of jumps take place in fantasyland, a magical world where a teapoon of antimatter has much more potential energy than science can explain, and also where unicorns are real
>>
>>48192103
Power a huge fuck off gravity laser.
>>
>>48192195
Street sharks.

We still dont have TMNT.
>>
>>48192231
Next we need Extreme Dinosaurs
>>
File: 1375487945467.jpg (50 KB, 377x298) Image search: [Google]
1375487945467.jpg
50 KB, 377x298
>>48192231
...I got nothing.
>>
>>48192195
IIRC there was a person who wanted to do a fearie jump a few months ago in orc but she disappeared.

But from the way she talked about her family she probably wasn't allowed something as satanic as jumpchain.
>>
>>48192266
Fundie family? Feel bad for her.
>>
>>48192284
Yeah apparently. I don't know if she's still around but she seemed super hyped about making her first jump. Damnit now I am sad.
>>
>>48192103
You mean besides scanning it into the Pixelator? Studying its effects on physics, gravity, and antimagic properties? As an incredibly powerful and concentrated form of Black Moonstone, you can use it as a means to study their properties.
Physics and energy conduction actually start to break down around them, so sufficient studying with proper instruments may allow you to control those properties.
Imagine what you could do, with a power source that essentially controls Nothing? The ability to render magic, machines, gravity and even abstract forces to Nothing. Having power over Nothing, that would be pretty incredible, don't you think?

Of course, although no one has ever seen it, the true purpose of the other Moon Crystals, and the existence of the Black Moon Crystal itself, suggests the existence of a Black Gigas. Considering the properties of the Black Moon Crystal itself and their comparison to other Moon Crystals, if you had control over such a thing, I think you could catapult yourself atop the echelon of power very easily.
Even becoming something that could be referred to as a "Final Boss".

I mean, Ramirez did seem a little too easy in that last fight, didn't he...?

There aren't enough Black Moonstones to cause the Dark Rift.
It was caused by the Gigas.
>>
>>48192043
>Unlike First-Generation triggers these only require very little stress
Yeah, that's bullshit. While they don't require as much as first-gens, second gen triggers aren't "oh no, I'm having a bad day—TRIGGERED". Nowhere near as bad as Taylor's trapped-in-the-locker, but still "I can't believe this is happening" levels.

Post-jump it's irrelevant, as noted, but inside worm that's definitely wrong.
>>
>>48192382
Glory Girl triggered because she got fouled in a basketball game.
>>
>>48192394
No. That was the straw that broke the camels back; her trigger was more complex than that.
>>
>>48192382
On of them triggered from being fouled in a basketball game in gym class.
>>
>>48192339
Ugh. I grew up in a fundie family and it sucks to hear of other people getting their creativity shut down as well.
>>
>>48192380
>Black Gigas
>Final Boss
>Power over Nothing

...DEAR ME. Maybe I should make a stop in Steven Universe after this.
>>
>>48192410
See >>48192400

That was just the final straw. It's pretty obvious if you look at what her power actually IS—she's Alexandria-lite, after all.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d8)

>>48192119
118 Generic Medical Drama
General Hospital, Port Charles, New York
Age 39
Surgeon -100
Interesting…, Medical Doctorate(Surgeon, Attending)-100, Skeleton Key -100, Bedside Manner -100, Doctor’s Orders -100, Steady Hands, You Did Everything You Could -150, Do No Harm -300,
Surgery Scrubs, Clipboard -100, Doctor’s Coat -50,
Nurse(Joy)-100,
Clinic Hours +200,
Honestly, I'm cheating in a lot of cases, using things like magic and biomancy. Also, I'm spreading the Variable Stealth Kemonomimi Virus. It makes people healthier, thanks to the regeneration factor and disease immunity it carries. Sure, some of the people that get the virus manifest fluffy tails and ears, but that's because they want to.
Continue
1 Skyrim
2 X-COM
3 True Lies
4 Gunnerkrigg Court
5 Fairy Tail
6 Killing Bites
7 Super Smash Bros.
8 Commorragh
>>
>>48192394
>>48192410
But anyone get triggered by someones post on a social media site?
>>
>>48192400
I wasn't going to wank it as that easy, I was more asking if they were appropriate powers and living as a jumper is going to be a bit stressful on a young kid.
>>
>>48192446
Skyrim, this should be fun(I get to learn to yell at reality) need a new 1
>>
>>48192400
How was it more complex? I've never heard anything more about it.
>>
>>48192394
>>48192410
After having an incredibly fucked-up and emotionally toxic family life for years. Similarly, Theo triggered relatively easily but had been living with Kaiser for his whole life, and Aidan was living in post-Leviathan Brockton Bay. It seems to be: First gen triggers result from single points of incredible stress, second gen triggers result from constant exposure to stress.
>>
>>48192462
Ghostbusters
>>
>>48192462
Star Wars OT.
>>
>>48192478
been there
>>48192479
queued
>>
>>48192468
>After having an incredibly fucked-up and emotionally toxic family life for years
Except that all signs show that Victoria was ignorant of this, excepting her father's depression. She didn't know Amy was adopted, or that her father was a villain, or that her mother thought Amy was going to go psycho.
>>
>>48192501
She was ignorant of what was actually going on, but she could tell that there was a lot of stress in the family dynamic.
>>
>>48192463
Some combination of wanting to live up to her heroic ideal and failing, most likely. I know Wildbow has covered hers, gimme a minute.

>>48192468
Othala's was a single stress point. She triggered while surrounded by allies, but an enemy broke through and reached her. Something like that, anyways. Might as well go find that one too.

>>48192501
As above, it had more to do with wanting to be a hero and not being able to live up to that. The foul in the basketball game was the breaking point. Basically "I can't even fucking do this right."
>>
>>48192541
>Othala's was a single stress point. She triggered while surrounded by allies, but an enemy broke through and reached her. Something like that, anyways. Might as well go find that one too.
Is Othala a second-gen trigger? I thought she was a first-gen Trump trigger, which has some similar traits to second-gens but works differently.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>48191536
Where's the booty fairy?
>>
File: b29.gif (1 MB, 450x700) Image search: [Google]
b29.gif
1 MB, 450x700
>>48192566
>>
>>48192501
Oh, I didn't mean Amy. I just meant all the baggage that being related to New Wave would bring. It's a family composed entirely of parahumans, everyone in it is fucked up and it's not a good place to raise a child in.
>>
File: Fai_profile_409x571_zarina.jpg (113 KB, 409x571) Image search: [Google]
Fai_profile_409x571_zarina.jpg
113 KB, 409x571
>>48192566
That would probably be Zarina the pirate alchemist faerie.
>>
>>48192593
1. Disney ladies who are supposed to be taken seriously almost never have the booty
2. I've seen that kind of dress before and she's probably wearing a bustle
>>
>>48192541

>>48192463
>>48192501
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/worm-quotes-and-wog-repository.294448/page-12#post-20697825
><Wildbow>: GG was popular enough. She -wanted- to be a hero.
><Luolang>: What kind of stress built up to that?
><Luolang>: I think I recall something about Amy triggering from when Victoria was hurt at some point? Presumably, that would have been before GG triggered, considering how GG was surprised she was hurt at all later on. So, maybe there was a point when Victoria was the odd kid out in the family as far as powers
><Ridtom>: Just seems more likely that she felt worried that she wouldn't trigger if anything. Even if she takes advanced classes and knows the odds are in her favor, a niggling part of her worried she can't be a hero
><Wildbow>: @ the topic - Glory Girl wanted to be a hero more than anything, she couldn't, she was frustrated, joined a sports team where she could give her all and actually shine, and connected with another hero in a romantic sense, out of that deep-seated need.
><Wildbow>: Which isn't to say she didn't care about him, mind you.
><Wildbow>: Took a bad hit, pent up frustration came to the fore, bam

>>48192468
https://www.reddit.com/r/Parahumans/comments/32wcj1/triggers_for_othala_usher_galvanate_etc/
>Othala's power grants powers. It does so by means of a striker venue (touch) and it's a positive relationship. She was being supported by a variety of powers when she triggered due to a pointed and immediate, in-her-face physical threat. The clan was attacked, possibly during a moot, a big meeting of multiple branches of the family/organization. Someone came after her, and despite everything, all the power around her, fighting off the other enemies, this guy wasn't stopped. He had a weapon or grabbed her and scared her. Good enough for a second generation trigger. I imagine that after that point, during the usual 'trigger visions' blackout, that someone (an unpowered Victor?) knocked out the assailant.
>>
File: Pl8BFwp.jpg (799 KB, 6000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Pl8BFwp.jpg
799 KB, 6000x3000
>>48192112
You're better off just taking the black hole one. For the fire you need to keep an eye on it, for the land shaping it takes a long time. But the black hole, well if you follow physics you should get a time dilation so while it might only be a couple seconds to your enemy it'll be years to you. I thanks thats right at least, black holes fuck time up or something. You'd also be able to observe the start and end of the universe as you're beyond the event horizon. Plus you might eventually be able to become pic related, which just looks cool as hell.
>>
File: 1428461992729.jpg (54 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1428461992729.jpg
54 KB, 680x383
>>48192640
>Taking a non-loli without a booty seriously
>Ever
>>
File: hypnogif.gif (100 KB, 349x342) Image search: [Google]
hypnogif.gif
100 KB, 349x342
>>48192566
FOOL!

You can't just ask her to appear, you must invoke her with great reverence and offerings:

>pic related
>>
>>48192640
She screams at the top of her lungs FOR GOLD, FOR PLUNDER, FOR BOOTY! at one point.
>>
>>48192673
I Said supposed to, I have no interest in the skinn y women of Disney. have you seen my wife's ass? Because It's about 1.7 times bigger than a normal Black chick'
s due to the merged pelvises. Trust me I love the booty
>>48192676
She's a pirate, booty probably meant something different in this context
>>
>>48192654
So yes to it being a regular Trump trigger, then. Because that's what Wildbow has said a Trump triggers from: Regular trigger plus interaction with parahumans during it. In a sense every Trump is a second-generation trigger, though they require conditions more similar to first-generations.
>>
>>48192675
Source now.
>>
>>48192676
Sounds like my kinda gal.
>>
>>48192697
She was the captain that hook stole his ship from before she blew it up out of spite for taking her ship.
>>
>>48192662
The problem with that power is that when I switch it off the end result is shit flying towards me at relativistic speed.
>>
>>48191432
Is that a Sister of Battle as the Chosen Undead?
>>
>>48192765
>She was the captain that hook stole his ship from before she blew it up out of spite for taking her ship.

Relevancy?
>>
>>48192798
No that's just regular old dark souls fan art.
>>
>>48192798
That would be appropriate, as I always choose the SoB.
>>
>>48192798
No but I'm stealing that idea.
>>
>>48192820
Bancho I dont know how to explain it to you but all I can say is that she may be a disney pirate but she has a lot more going for her than your weezing.
>>
>>48191783
Daily Reminder that Tinkerbell dies because Pan is actually a deranged sociopath in the body of a child that forgets she even exists.
>>
Whats the worst thing you have ever created jumpers?
>>
>>48192380
>Nothing
But what about Nowhere?
>>
>>48192868
He also kills lost boys when they get to old, the original Pan is more of a true fae than anything.
>>
>>48192468
>Theo
Wasn't he Third Generation? Being the son of Kaiser and grandson of Allfather?

Also, I get what you're saying and I agree with you now, I just thought I should point this out.
>>
>>48191573
Best fairy right there.
>>
>>48192828
speaking of dark souls, when setting up my supcom energy receivers/universal adapters Set to local soul energy/" humanity" along with a paragon generator and throwing it into the first Flame break the cycle?
>>48192865
you know what Taste is subjective,I'm not judge you on what you find hot, and I hope you don't judge me on what I find hot because I know what I find hot is the exact opposite of what you Hot.

>>48192868
I remember this every god damn day, she deserves better but love makes Fools of us all.

>>48192904
In trying to cure them I accidentally ave all the zeds in killing floor Omega level self molecular relation, that or the time I Developed a airborne virus that causes a mild form of Bendii Syndrome at Released it on every Vulcan inhabited world.
>>48192917
where do you think his inspiration came from?
>>
>>48192715
Shiin, I think.
>>
>>48192929
Theo's complicated, because the inheritance of shards isn't genetic and he has so many parahumans that he's close to. Given the shaker power he triggers with, he's probably third-generation from his dad and grandfather, but he could have wound up with all sorts of things, theoretically.
>>
>>48192935
oh, for those who will care Hook is voiced by Hiddles in her movie.
>>
>>48192904
It was back during the Eldar jump. I'd taken the drawback where I was stuck there for 10,000 years and the Emperor kept annoying me while shit was falling apart. I was getting pretty annoyed and the more pissed off I got the more unreasonable I became. So eventually, after I'd beaten a couple of Primarchs off of my fucking lawn, I decided I'd had enough. Tapping all of my powers I unleashed what can only be described as an unceasing, invincible hurricane upon the galaxy.

They called it the Wild Hunt.

The monsters of the Wild Hunter were indestructible and immortal. They lived forever and required no food, water, oxygen, sunlight, or anything else. No part of their bodies were any more important than any other. If you tore them to shreds, if you blasted them down to molecules, they would quickly reform themselves. They were all Alpha+ level psykers. They possessed the capacity to adopt every beneficial genetic trait and ability of every organic thing they consumed, all of which they would pass down to their offspring. They reproduced exponentially by consuming any biological matter. Their souls were invulnerable to corruption and their presence destabilized the quintessence of the Warp, creating huge Warp storms. They had no need for FTL travel as they could freely enter and "swim" through the Warp. They were under no danger from the Daemons there because their very presence caused them excruciating agony and destabilized them, causing them to dissipate into free energy (which the Wild Hunt would devour to reproduce). They could literally spill out of the Warp and attack any world or vessel in the galaxy at will with no warning. All psykers were stricken by horrifying agony when they were nearby and their powers would go out of control no matter how strong they were. Mundane technology would fail if exposed for more than a few minutes to them.

I unleashed these things upon the galaxy in a fit of annoyance at the Imperium.
>>
>>48192112
If you want to make Anti-Matter missiles within yourself just go to Symbiote, take Berserker OS and that Fabrication perk and have some smart perks under your belt and you can straight up do that. I actually like Transdimensional Lightning, or the Blackhole one because that shit is crazy.
>>
>>48193031
>Loki
>Not Tim Curry
>>
>>48192904
Hybrid human and what?
>>
>>48193237
Plant.
>>
>>48193197
It's a young Hook
>>
File: 2012-06-04-504552.gif (985 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
2012-06-04-504552.gif
985 KB, 500x281
>>48192908
> But what about Nowhere?
The space between worlds? Or do you mean, "A place that does not exist?"

I suppose the outer rims of the warehouse might count as that. There are warehouse options that allow for that, such as from God of War, allowing you to create an infinite space beyond the walls of your demiplane.
But placing objects there ejects them upon leaving, it can't be used for storage. I've taken samples from that place, but they disintegrate, matter has no substance once removed, plants have no nutritional value.
That world is nothing but a physical illusion.

Still. It makes for a hell of a stop gap in my Final Dungeon. Can you imagine the look on people's faces when they walk halfway through a sprawling fortress, and walk up a stairwell, and find themselves in a sprawling meadow only filled by a single massive tree?
Like straight out of the moon from Majora's Mask.

My warehouse gets a kindof weird and existential bullshit vibe going on in the lower half.
>>
>>48193044
>after I'd beaten a couple of Primarchs off

Which ones?
>>
>>48193044
>I'd beaten a couple of Primarchs off
LEWD!
>>
File: lewdqknrvCO.gif (361 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
lewdqknrvCO.gif
361 KB, 500x281
>>48193044
>>
File: 1381031967197.png (205 KB, 316x403) Image search: [Google]
1381031967197.png
205 KB, 316x403
So in the Shrek jump I took Dragon as a form. And I also took Super Strength...how strong does that make me?

And the "A Test" drawback can we bring the knight with us on our chain as a companion or do I need a pod to do so...Or is it because its drawback induced I have to keep the drawback to keep them with me?
>>
>>48193044
Slaanesh yes!
>>
>>48193524
Go home Shrek, you will never be a real meme.
>>
>>48193044
>>
>>48193524
I feel like, because the knight is stated to always start out coming after you, taking the drawback would just make that happen. In every jump, there would be a knight coming to kill you.
Though on the plus side, he's a pretty piss poor knight.
So to get the same knight specifically, you would probably need a pod.

Anyway, the actual dragon in the first Shrek movie is able to pretty casually bust through stone walls with a shoulder check, so, probably look at that and go from there?
>>
>>48193044
I find it funny that you went into such detail to describe the horror you unleashed upon an already fucked setting, only to have everyone focus on how you 'beat off' a couple Primarchs.

Never change, /jc/. Never change.

Which Primarchs, though?
>>
File: no-fcks-to-give.gif (117 KB, 500x427) Image search: [Google]
no-fcks-to-give.gif
117 KB, 500x427
>>48193647
I think we've just gotten to the point where most attempts at horror just slide off of jumpchain. We've seen so much of it by now it doesn't even register anymore as.
>>
>>48193647
I don't know.

I'm fairly sure they were Primarchs though. It's kind of hard to tell when you're a three and a half kilometer tall invincible super Godzilla firing relativistic streams of molten metal from your mouth and radiation powerful enough to vaporize steel from your eyes, but they looked bigger than the other ones and they didn't die after I stepped on them the first time so I'm fairly sure they had to be Primarchs.

And I was wondering if any of you would notice that. I've been here too long.
>>
Playing Eyes of Heaven now.

Araki himself worked on story for this and it seems that Requiem Stands are in Requiem state for limited amount of time after the arrow is taken away from them. As long as they get it back they remain in Requiem. But Giorno doesn't have his stand constantly in Requiem state.

Info for those who wondered about Requiem Stands
>>
>>48193807
>they looked bigger than the other ones

For you.
>>
File: StarTrek_TNG-DS9_P.1.jpg (665 KB, 1920x2200) Image search: [Google]
StarTrek_TNG-DS9_P.1.jpg
665 KB, 1920x2200
Minor update the Star Trek TNG/DS9 jump

>Changelog
--Pirate description, changed "rouges" to "rogues"
--Augmented description, removed all mentions of human.

I didn't compress this one so you you'll have to get it off the drive.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_6DgZrbKgtCbDF6WmFUOEVEa1U
>>
>>48193831
Was getting stomped on part of your master plan?
>>
>>48193870
Good timing on that - I just finished up Star Wars and I've got Trek queued for afterwards.

Just need to write up Star Wars first.
>>
>>48193756
To be fair, it wasn't an attempt at horror. I think I might've overestimated Emps a little and went overboard figuring that it wasn't a big deal if I threw three or four more powers onto them. It kind of became a situation of "well, one more won't hurt. It works with the theme!" and it was only after they left a trail of annihilation and upheaval through realspace and the Warp both that I began questioning whether I'd maybe made them a little too powerful and by that time there wasn't really an easy way to reign them in.
>>
>>48193044
>>48193996
>after I'd beaten a couple of Primarchs off
>well, one more won't hurt
>>
>>48193823
So as long you keep the arrow in the stand they should remain, right?
>>
Why is the Witcher origin so expensive in the Witcher jump and why do you miss out on most of the benefits of being one? The fuck is a "New Witcher"?
>>
File: ds9dw013_640w.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ds9dw013_640w.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>48193870
While I have this up I wanted to voice some ideas I had. This jump only represents a small part of it's era in the Star Trek universe and with the way it's designed you can only really join Starfleet or go rogue. I also admit that a ton of stuff is taken from the TOS jump, which prevented what could've been an entirely different jump.

I've been thinking that, in order to correct these mistakes, mabe I could make a Star Trek ship captain jump set in the TNG era. So far I want it to feature more species/faction options, (Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, The Klingon Empire, sub-factions like Section 31, maybe even the Dominion.) a longer duration than the standard 10 years, and of course your very own warship.

However, the reason I haven't gone ahead with this is because I don't know how well it would turn out. I'm not versed in all of Star Trek's lore or materials, so I'm afraid I might miss something or misrepresent what I want to create. I would be open to a co-operative project, but anytime I've tried to start one either my partner or I end up doing the majority of the work. Still I know a lot of people have been wanting another jump like LoT and I think Star Trek would work best for a project like that.

Thoughts, opinions?
>>
>>48194089
It... SHOULD.

The issue is that arguably Polnareff couldn't control Silver Chariot Requiem when it accidentally transformed in a flashback. And Golden Experience Requiem could talk and do stuff without Giorno's knowledge.

So, you know, it could be incredibly problematic to have it stay that way. And depending on ability, arrow could be knocked out of it.

Hell, in manga the arrow just fell out of GER after fighting Diavolo so there could be a time limit or something. I really am not that sure. I said what I knew.

Requiem Stands are bullcrap
>>
>>48194102
>new witcher
Some bullshit the maker made up. That jump needs to be thrown out and redone.
>>
>>48194060
Slaanesh pls.

This is revenge for all those millennia trolling Chaos, isn't it?
>>
>>48194102
New Witchers are the Witchers taught by the Wolf school who have yet to undergo the Trial of Long Grasses. There are like three in canon, including Ciri.
>>
>>48193996
How did you even make these things
>>
>>48194122
>Star Trek ship captain jump
>your very own warship
Oh yes please make this!

>another jump like LoT
Meh, please don't pull a Babylon and make keeping your powers require uber badwrongfun mode.
>>
>>48194122
If you can get someone who knows DA LORE to help that souds like it would be fun.
>>
>>48194144
Who are the other two?
>>
>>48194155
A shitload of perks. Broodmother (SCP) and some other genetic manipulation, conceptual fuckery, and power bestowal/distribution perks were the main ones.
>>
>>48194155
Looks like Alpha level biomancy + zerg + other stuff i don't know + Genforge (Because Mandatory)
>>
>>48194137
Well not completely, if the Witcher origin was fixed the jump would be fine.
>>
Ben 10 jump will be released later tonight. It's done, but I've been having insomnia recently so I want to get some sleep first. I don't want to post it now because by the time I'm around to answer any questions this thread will probably be dead.
>>
>>48194144
Leo was a Witcher In Training, so was Ciri. They couldn't really become full Witchers, with Ciri she was taught Sorcerery (but refuses to use it) but that's ok because she has her kickass Elder Power of teleportation.
>>
File: i can wait.gif (4 MB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
i can wait.gif
4 MB, 256x195
>>48194210
>>
>>48194122
>>48194175
I hope by like Light of Terra means lots of options and fluff, not sealed powers or being megasatan. I mean, there isn't really a legit reason for that choice with Trek. Not like a choice between keeping your powers sealed or letting in a warp storm.
>>
>>48194187
>>48194217
Yeah I can only find Leo as well. And BTW Many the reason no one is undergoing the Wolf's Trial of Long Grass is becuase the folk with the know-how got murdered just before the first Witcher game. Triss may be able to help but trust issues are thing.
>>
>>48194261
>>48194175
>I hope by like Light of Terra means lots of options and fluff, not sealed powers or being megasatan.
I actually thought the power seal and end boss were kinda fun, but I understand why a lot of people wouldn't want to see that repeated.
The former. However I would probably include the option to fight Q if no one objected.
>>
>>48194306
A. That's a fight noone could win, you can only out talk him. Unless he's been made mortal, in which case why are you fighting him, there are worse things around like the rest of his kind.
B. I actually didn't mind the depowered bit as much as the fact that the choice was between that and being megasatan.
>>
>>48194210
HYPE! I've been waiting for this...
>>
>>48194306
>fight Q
>it ends up being a no holds barred boxing match while the rest of the Q continuum watches and makes bets

Haven't seen too much of Star Trek so I'm not sure how viable this is, but I like the idea.
>>
>>48194102
Right well then. . .
Despite Witchers being weaker than Sorceresses/sages the Witcher cost 100 points more, despite this you don't even get most of the base features of being a Witcher (other than Signs which you get despite all logic because the jumpmaker says so). The base attributes that Witchers are supposed to have can be found in the capstone, yes the Witcher capstone is just getting what should have been included in the origin.

This means that the Witcher origin (in practice) costs 600 points, three times what it costs to be a Sorceress/Sage whose magic comes free with their origin and makes them far superior to full strength Witchers.
>>
>>48194291
Yennifer in Witcher 3 actually rediscovers it. However the mutagens are still lost I think. Only Trail of Grasses is complete, then there's Trail of Dreaming.
>>
>>48194210
Never mind, Ben 10 is not finished. I forgot the go home, stay, or leave options. Looks like three more months of development are ahead of us.

I kid, I kid. The mistake is real, but the wait time is not.
>>
>>48194306
>fight Q
>fight a reality warper
Hmmm, that looks like a no.

A really big no actually.

It might even be the biggest 'Fuck This Shit I'm Out' I have seen in /jc/ so far. . .
>>
>>48194306
It sounds like it could be a fun jump but please don't make us fight a Q!
>>
>>48194494
>>48194458
Start the convo by shaking his hand. Then plunge your blade through his forehead.
>>
>>48194386
Nah you can retreave the Mutagen's back in Witcher 1.
>>
>>48194494
He said an OPTION to fight Q. I doubt you'll actually be forced into fighting a universe level god thing.
>>
>>48194122
>another jump like LoT
I'd be cool with it if it was a Gauntlet. Gauntlets aren't good for a lot of settings, but they kind of fit stuff like this.
>>48194306
>fight Q
Could be fun. As a Gauntlet.

>>48194458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g
>>
>>48194530
It turns out that that was your forehead all along.
>>
>>48194696
Nope as long as you have Q this he cant do shit while you are shaking his hand.
>>
>>48194696
>Aizen vs Q pay per view match.
>>
>>48193044
Don't you lose all your powers in that drawback and get them back when you were supposed to start your jump?
>>
So if I jump power rangers and take 10k years in a trash can with rita, can I carry that drawback with me to give every universe a rita repulsa?
>>
>>48194731
Yes, you do.
>>
>>48194757
I thought as much, it was just when they said they unleashed all their powers. I mean you don't exactly get the powers to create that creature in jump and all you can go off is what little you remember from when you had your powers.

>>48194756
Just grab the drawback in the imperium jump and keep it. You can take it as many times as you want and it doubles the time you stay each time.
>>
>>48194122
That sounds like a lot of fun. I want to be the little Picard.
>>
>>48194793
>the little Picard
That sounds somewhat lewd.
>>
>>48194786
But that doesn't let me infl- gift every universe with rita repulsas wonderful voice or demeaner. I wonder if her and wuya would get along.
>>
Can Shoggoths generate chlorophyll?
They can manifest the traits of any mundane lifeform on earth, right?

I want to pose as a plant, and then when people get close, RAAR tekeli-li! Like those vines in Evil Dead, but 100% less rapey and 10000% more terrifying.
>>
>>48194862
>100% less rapey
So still pretty damn rapey?
>>
>>48194725
I WOULD PAY FOR THAT CROSSOVER
>>
>>48194890
You know what I meant, anon.
Shoggoth is not for lewd! It is for spoopy.

But seriously, can Shoggoths generate chlorphyll and all that gooood plant shit?
>>
>>48194936
I thought Shoggoth was for making This is in Fact My Final Form infinitely more useful.
>>
>>48194959
Eh, whatevs. Is good for that too.
Even if they can't do plant stuff, they can still pretend by generating pigments and assuming the appropriate textures, like bark and the like.
>>
So I have a question about Mass Effect technology.

So if I understand this, the technology is based around altering mass within an area of space so as to make light move faster, thereby allowing objects to FTL travel without breaking physics. Am I getting this right?
>>
>>48194936
>Shoggoth is not for lewd
Tell that to the people with tentacle/shapeshifting fetish.
>>
>>48195001
Basically yes, the mass effect field modifies mass, the speed of light, and related things within a given area. Increasing mass and lowering the speed of light, or decreasing mass and increasing the speed of light.
>>
>>48195001
No. Mass effect technology is basically magic brain tumors and tech that copies magic brain tumors that is governed by the whims of magic space biotech squids.
>>
>>48195049
I see. So, given that it increases the speed of light, does it thereby also increase the potential energy within matter? If I incorporate mass effect fields within my antimatter reactor am I going to see massive increases in productivity?
>>
>>48195076
Dats Zerg, mane.
>>
>>48195089
Maybe? Lowering the mass of a projectile to make it shoot out a gun faster is treated as something that will make it hit harder. Which is retarded.
>>
>>48195112
No zerg are ruled by a biotech cunt, not a biotech squid.
>>
>>48194936
Shoggoth are the ancestors of all earth life. That includes plants.
>>
>>48195135
No they aren't. That's Abhoth. Shoggoths were genetically engineered by the Elder Things.
>>
>>48195155
Yes, and Shoggoth sheddings mutated into all earth life.
>>
>>48195155
I thought humans were a failed experiment by the Elder things.
>>
>>48195155
Abhoth is the source of miscreation, it's where many monsters come from. Shoggoths shed tiny bits of themselves and those bits became the first microbial life and evolved into everything else.
>>
>>48194122
Make an STO jump instead KOTOR
>>
>>48192103
Merged it with Eridium from borderlands then made a legendary E-Tech shield using octiron and moonstone. The inversion property allows the shield to no-sell anything. Bullets, magic, reality warping. Anything. The recharge delay and speed are horrible though.
>>
>>48195535
Haven't played it.
>>
>>48195584
F2P
P2W
>>
>>48195705
>Ever play F2P
>>
>>48195535
Star Trek Online ... you know what, that actually COULD work, just strip out the sillier MMO elements that require you to bring rat tails to the town cleric. Or rather, destroy X number of borg cubes as that should not be a simple task.
>>
Jump 100: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
>Four of Pentacles (Cleaving to earthly power in the desperate fear that it will be lost.)
Is this because I'm joining the Jedi?
>Age: 23
>Location: Onderon
>Identity: Jedi (-50)
>Species: Zabrak
Can I take the bone spikes and put them on my skeleton form as some sort of crazy-looking crown? Because I'm totally doing that.
Also, two hearts! Thanks to Evo I'll be building that into my main alt form(s) where applicable. The people of Konasse will be gifted this redundant biology as well! No, I haven't forgotten the half million human/dragon hybrids who live there, but they don't need the spotlight every single jump.
>Drawbacks: Slow (+100), Blind (+200), Hunted (+200)
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
>Enhanced Memory (Free)
Sure, I'll take another version of eidetic memory.
>Piloting (1300, Jedi)
Being able to pilot things like a crazy person is basically a prerequisite for this universe.
>Hardware (1000)
Oh, now this one I like. I'll be using that to upgrade Sajuuk with the technology to traverse hyperspace once I have a ship to study.
>Battle Meditation (700, Jedi)
Battle meditation is the worst kind of plot device. Of COURSE I'm going to get it.
>Advanced Comlink (Free, Jedi)
Shiny handheld radio. Useful.
>Solari Crystal (600)
An interesting crystal to build into a lightsaber.
>Mantle of the Force Crystal (500)
So I will have a turquoise-colored saber... fortunate that this also resonates with most other crystals to increase their potential. Toss in a upari crystal and I should be basically good to go, assuming I don't find something better later.
>Dynamic-class Freighter (0)
Well, now I have a ship to study. And something that blends in locally, even if it will look like quite the antique in future Star Wars jumps.
>>
>>48195849
Quite honestly... I'm not sure what the best course of action would even be. And so we shall default to my default method of fixing evil things: befriending. Starting with befriending Darth Malak! HILARIOUSLY AMPLIFIED NONLETHAL MAGICAL PURIFICATION BLAST GOOOO!

[17:00] * Crux| rolls to befriend Malak.
[17:00] <Crux|> .d 1000
[17:00] <+Internets> :: Total 971 / 1000 [97%] :: Results [971] ::

Oh hey what do you know, that actually WORKED. Well. Looks like I'm going to start running around the galaxy hunting down dark jedi and sith and converting them, after I visit the Star Forge and get its schematics (inferior to SupCom technology, but downloading its database was useful). I admit I'm morbidly curious though: will the Sith culture survive having everyone's dark side points reset to zero? Without the dark side's influence, will they actually stop being massive assholes?

What am I saying? Even Luke almost fell to the dark side. I'm going to have to choke some people to make a better world. Just not with the force, because it's a corruptive element.
>>
>>48195584
Does Aberrant from Clone Wars basically act like a force version of a Blank? Since it works on other forms of psionics post jump would you basically be a blank if you go to 40K (on a functional level at least)?
>>
>>48195866
Malak a shit
>>
File: 1386231510104.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1386231510104.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>48194210
FINALLY
ALIEN SHENANIGANS AHOY
>>
>>48195983
Malak is not my waifu, but basically I wiped out his dark side points and regrew his jaw. Also, his hair.

Turns out that having a full head of hair was enough to get him to go back to the light side, even if he was the only jedi with an afro.
>>
>>48195947
Seems more of an invisibility/intangibility equivalent, as apposed to Blanks black hole.
>>
>>48196007
I hope the jedi order looked into hair styling as a way to beat the dark side.
>>
>>48196028
Probably accurate, but what I am really looking for is whether or not Aberrant would provide the same level of protection against Psykers/Deamons that being a blank would give you.
>>
>>48196066
Presumably, fewer downsides to by the looks of it.
>>
>>48196066
Oh, it would totally blow psykers and demons out of the water. Warhammer 40K is a pretty low-power setting, all things considered.
>>
>>48196101
Anon, some Alpha + Psykers can scour entire planets on their own.
>>
>>48196101
That is true if you ignore absurdities like Alpha+, Magnus, and the Toilet God.
>>
>>48196121
Yeah, and some Force Sensitives can destroy entire stellar clusters on their own.
>>
>>48196192
Aboleth isn't merely some force sensitive anon.
>>
>>48196192
That kind of power is limited to Abeloth, the non Abeloth top level force sensitives are on a single planetary scale and then only a wipe it of life and/or free will kind level.
>>
>>48196210
>>48196246
Nope. Palpatine could do it. Slowly, but he could.
>>
>>48196271
Yes, one planet at a time though.
>>
>>48194210
SOCKDOLAGER!
>>
>>48196290
Nope, entire star systems at a time. The Force Storms got pretty big. He's way stronger than any of your dumb psykers. Why don't you just admit already that 40K is a dumb rip-off of a much better franchise?
>>
>>48196324
Proof, anon.

Also Emps can swallow multiple systems in a warp storm even from his fucking char and half-dead.

Anyway, yes, 40k is a rip off, but not of just Star Wars, but a ton of ever properties like 2000AD (more prevalent early on and in anything focusing on Hives) and Dune, a long with just about ever other scifi the creators were familiar with.
>>
So what are some fun things we could use holocrons for in OT starwars? I mean I was thinking of just peppering them all over the galaxy along with universal translators
>>
>>48196410
They're basically just instructional videos, anon. Sure they can have primitive VIs or enclose your force presence if you're dead and want that, or corrupt people if you're a Sith, but that's all it is really.
>>
>>48196377
Same to you. Proof, anon. And I acknowledge that 40K is a rip-off of a lot of things. Which just goes to show how terrible a franchise it is. Seriously, I don't know why it's so popular on this board. Sure, /tg/ originally started as a containment board for 40K fans who kept shitting up other boards with conversation about it, but I would have thought all the conversation about better games would have drowned them out by now.
>>
>>48196066
>>48196098
>>48196101
So, if you got Aberrant, Blank and Solitaire, would you become a Black Pariah?
>>
>>48196437
No, you'd become a "fuck you, stop thinking of everything in terms of 40K, you sheep".
>>
>>48196437
No Aberrant provides psionic protection but it is not related to Blanks in any way other than their shared practical applications.
>>
>>48196429
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Storm_of_the_Emperor%27s_Wrath
>>
>>48196192
>>48196271
>>48196324
You are power wanking Star Wars way too hard.

>>48195947
It would be similar to Blank yes, but without what I'm assuming are the drawbacks Blank has.
>>
>it's an Anti-40k Poster episode.
>>
>>48196410
>>48196428

Aren't you required to be force-sensitive in order to use a holocron?
>>
>>48196492
I think it's more 'you can't learn force techniques unless you're force sensitive already'. Though I guess it's not impossible to have some kind of force lock on them.
>>
What does the Blank perk do outside 40k?
>>
>>48196492
There are more Force sensitives than you might think, the Old Republic Era had absurd numbers of Jedi and Sith running around everywhere. There are just as many force sensitives in the OT era but they are mostly untrained.
>>
>>48196524
Nothing.
>>
>>48196429
Star Wars is a rip off of old Samurai movies like Yojimbo.
>>
>>48196535
No, just the lightsaber fights are.
>>
>>48196492
Not exactly, it's possible to make holocrons that require the force to use, while there are also more mundane data holocrons. However holocrons are for the most part used to store information on the force, and force techniques, so they aren't that useful to anyone who isn't force sensitive.
>>
>>48196429
Memes, anon. It's the memes.

Now get your heretic ass out of here, before i put a bolter round through your head.
>>
>>48196480
Anti-fandoms are really irritating sometimes.
>>
>>48196492
>>48196428
True but think of all those primitiv planets that could be new soldiers if the idiot jedi didnt hold them back? Not him but my plan has always been to teach those from my planet in the OT to be a new class of force user. Maybe being a force conduit won't be useless after all! (Seriously I have never used force conduit for anything not I want to use it on those giant wolves from a few threads back and make them nonsapient force users just to make them a bit tougher with in setting powers.)
>>
File: annoyed banchô-Anon.jpg (66 KB, 616x544) Image search: [Google]
annoyed banchô-Anon.jpg
66 KB, 616x544
>>48196535
>>48196554

No not Samurai movies like Yojimbo,one specific samurai movie read the script and then watch this film and tell me it wasn't a knockoff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hidden_Fortress
>>
>>48196524
Blanks have special powers, you know. Look 'em up.
>>
>>48196588
Bancho, fuck off. No one wants you contributing to the conversation, you're just going to weaken their position by association.
>>
>>48196554
Considering that the whole thing is basically spaghetti western in space, and spaghetti westerns are typically ripoffs of samurai movies. I'm really gonna have to agree with >>48196535
Not that this is a bad thing, I like science fantasy samurais.
>>
>>48196588
You are an idiot the plot has no similarity.
>>
>>48196613
And yet, it's still more original than 40K. Funny, that.
>>
>>48196531
Yeah, even at the height of the Jedi Order you had a lot of people running around that nobody knew was force sensitive because they never got tested as children. Generally these people will be considered abnormally lucky or really good at taking guesses and gambling, things like that.

There's also the fact that there are a lot of force traditions outside of the Jedi. These people will pick up and train force sensitives within their jurisdiction too. A lot of them either don't know about the Republic or don't care and keep hidden, all kinds of shamans and witches and shit on more primitive planets.
>>
>>48196576
Giant wolves with force abilities, now that sounds awesome, someone make that a thing!
>>
>>48196634
40k has it's moments, I'm not a big fan of the grimderp, but it does a good job of blending a lot of interesting things into a giant gripderp mess. If I liked grimderp I would really love 40k.
>>
>>48196524
Negates magic and psychic stuff, to the point of immunity
>>
>>48196632
except that George Lucas himself admitted He did

>>Kamiski, Michael (2007). The Secret History of Star Wars (PDF). p. 48. Retrieved 2011-01-31
>>
>>48196651
Force howl, force jump, force speed. Those 3 alone are enough to fuck over most things.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.